PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs In the end, Carl Peterson was right.

SenselessChiefsFan
01-25-2009, 03:55 PM
For the record, I was not Herm's biggest fan. However, Herm was the only coach we have had that had the courage to tear it all down and start over. To really build something. Not just keep reaching in the draft for need and throwing patchwork free agents at the problems.

For that, I am sincerely grateful. The Chiefs are in FAR better shape now than they were three years ago when he took over.

They have a ton of young talent and they have salary cap room. They lack a few pieces, but overall, the next coach takes over a team that needs to be built upon, not torn down.

In the end, CP was right to keep throwing free agents at the situation. The fans in KC don't have the stomach to do what is right for the organization. Herm either needed to do it in his first year, or not do it at all.

IF Herm had stuck with the KC way, the Chiefs certainly would not be any closer to a championship than they have been in the last 20 years, but Herm would probably have his job.

Again, I am not saying I want Herm back. I am glad to move on. But, I do appreciate what he has done and realize that CP knew the fans better than they ever knew themselves.

Hammock Parties
01-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Jesus Christ.

Someone rip this fuck's spine out of his back.

The Bad Guy
01-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Your username is some of the biggest false advertising I have ever seen.

SenselessChiefsFan
01-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Your username is some of the biggest false advertising I have ever seen.

I guess the truth hurts a little when it is too close to home.

The Bad Guy
You act like gutting this roster and starting over was something ONLY Herm could do.

MahiMike
I'm so glad Herm was here too. His ineptness allowed us to replace not only him but the GM that hired him in the 1st place.

the Talking Can
......uh

well....

....nah....

DaKCMan AP
Your and idiot.

Basileus777
01-25-2009, 04:00 PM
I knew this shit was coming, but I didn't think it was going to happen so soon. Congrats on being the first to create a "I miss/love Carl" thread.

The Bad Guy
01-25-2009, 04:00 PM
I guess the truth hurts a little when it is too close to home.

I guess you're a moron who doesn't know what the hell they are talking about.

I didn't want free agent signings to patch up this team. I wanted young players, who were being coached by competent coaches that could put them in the best position to be successful.

If you think Herm put players in the best positions for them to be successful then you are a bigger retard than I imagined.

The Bad Guy
01-25-2009, 04:01 PM
I knew this shit was coming, but I didn't think it was going to happen so soon. Congrats on being the first to create a "I miss/love Carl" thread.

No kidding.

The Pioli honeymoon has lasted all but 12 days.

tk13
01-25-2009, 04:01 PM
I don't know about Carl being right, not sure he was guy who should've been in charge of rebuilding something, and I'm not sure he really wanted it to begin with.

But I'd agree that I've said since 2001 all the people who wanted an enema to go 2-14 for a couple years just so we can get some high draft picks to build a team would have a hard time stomaching what it actually looked like. But that's not a surprise. It is difficult to look good or like you're improving in order to lose enough games to get a top 5 pick.

SenselessChiefsFan
01-25-2009, 04:02 PM
You act like gutting this roster and starting over was something ONLY Herm could do.

No. I am acting like it was something ONLY Herm was willing to do.

MGRS13
01-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Yea Herm did such a great job we ONLY lack a few pieces, let see.....QB,center,right gaurd,right tackle, wide receiver, wide receiver,running back,left D end,right D end,MLB,SLB,WLB,safety and another D tackle. Yep only a few pieces great job Herm, such an eye for talent.

Fritz88
01-25-2009, 04:03 PM
For the record, I was not Herm's biggest fan. However, Herm was the only coach we have had that had the courage to tear it all down and start over. To really build something. Not just keep reaching in the draft for need and throwing patchwork free agents at the problems.

For that, I am sincerely grateful. The Chiefs are in FAR better shape now than they were three years ago when he took over.

They have a ton of young talent and they have salary cap room. They lack a few pieces, but overall, the next coach takes over a team that needs to be built upon, not torn down.

In the end, CP was right to keep throwing free agents at the situation. The fans in KC don't have the stomach to do what is right for the organization. Herm either needed to do it in his first year, or not do it at all.

IF Herm had stuck with the KC way, the Chiefs certainly would not be any closer to a championship than they have been in the last 20 years, but Herm would probably have his job.

Again, I am not saying I want Herm back. I am glad to move on. But, I do appreciate what he has done and realize that CP knew the fans better than they ever knew themselves.

Why was he right? He fucked KC in the ass.

FloridaMan88
01-25-2009, 04:04 PM
For the millionth time... Herm didn't get fired for blowing up the team and rebuilding with youth... Herm got fired for the terrible decisions he and Dictator Carl made during this rebuilding process such as going into TWO seasons with Brodie Croyle as the default starting QB, failing to to rebuild a defense that is just as bad, if not worse than any defense during the Vermeil era and the failure to address the offensive line before it fell into complete shambles.

Clark was very clear last offseason that while he endorsed Herm's decision to rebuild the team with young players he also expected the Chiefs to compete for a playoff spot and show improvement as the season went along.

2-14 and going zero for November and December and essentially not showing up for a very winnable final game against Cincinnati does not meet Clark's expectations.

Basileus777
01-25-2009, 04:04 PM
The only way we are better off after Herm is in terms of draft position.

banyon
01-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Yea Herm did such a great job we ONLY lack a few pieces, let see.....QB,center,right gaurd,right tackle, wide receiver, wide receiver,running back,left D end,right D end,MLB,SLB,WLB,safety and another D tackle. Yep only a few pieces great job Herm, such an eye for talent.

Hey Herm and this tard think we're 85% done.

The Bad Guy
Chiefan88 hit it on the head.

Herm was fired because of his horrible personnel decisions, and his gameday decisions.

NOT because he wanted to rebuild.

beavis
People that make threads like this shouldn't be allowed to waste oxygen.

SenselessChiefsFan
01-25-2009, 04:09 PM

I guess it has to be one way or another for some people. I don't miss CP. I don't want CP back at all.

I just think it is funny that the year that the Chiefs finally decide to tear down and rebuild it the right way, the fans whine and carry on so much.

When, for at least 10 years, everyone talked about how the Chiefs were perpetually mediocre, and we wished they would just start over.

In the end, I am fine with where we are. But, in the end CP was right to focus on right now instead of the future when it comes to the fans.

I think it is unfortunate, because Herm was wrong about the fans. The fans aren't mature enough and patient enough to try to build a winner.

And, the next coach will realize that the fans won't accept a awful year in the spirit of being great someday.

Like it or not, fans proved they would rather be mediocre than tear it all down and build something.

A bad precident to set IMO.

KC Jones

1) This didn't have jack shit to do with the fans. CP had to go, and once that line was crossed keeping Herm was a liability for bringing in a good GM. You have it all ass backwards.

2) Herm was right to rebuild and I appreciate what he did in terms of the youth movement. I can appreciate that his players believed in him and played hard for him. That said, he's not a good head coach. Not even remotely.

MGRS13
Hey Herm and this tard think we're 85% done.We do have 85%, we've got all the training camp fodder, some backups and practice squad players. Now we just need the 18 starters give or take.

FringeNC
01-25-2009, 04:11 PM
JFC.

How many teams get old? A lot. How many teams suffer from 6-26 stretches? Not many, and none that have good coaches and good GMs.

Getting old, and reloading is not an excuse to go 6-26. Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards are JOKES.

Otter
01-25-2009, 04:11 PM

Again, I am not saying I want Herm back. I am glad to move on. But, I do appreciate what he has done and realize that CP knew the fans better than they ever knew themselves.\

Tell me Sensible Chiefs Fan, is it bliss thinking your smart?

Hammock Parties
01-25-2009, 04:12 PM
It sure would be nice if people could stop talking about Herm and Carl.

It ought to be a bannable offense.

kstater
01-25-2009, 04:13 PM
I guess it has to be one way or another for some people. I don't miss CP. I don't want CP back at all.

I just think it is funny that the year that the Chiefs finally decide to tear down and rebuild it the right way, the fans whine and carry on so much.

When, for at least 10 years, everyone talked about how the Chiefs were perpetually mediocre, and we wished they would just start over.

In the end, I am fine with where we are. But, in the end CP was right to focus on right now instead of the future when it comes to the fans.

I think it is unfortunate, because Herm was wrong about the fans. The fans aren't mature enough and patient enough to try to build a winner.

And, the next coach will realize that the fans won't accept a awful year in the spirit of being great someday.

Like it or not, fans proved they would rather be mediocre than tear it all down and build something.

I was going to point out all the untruths in your post. Then I decided it wasn't worth the effort for someone like you. So instead I came up with this:

Go fuck yourself with a glass jar.

Basileus777
01-25-2009, 04:13 PM
The problem is that we didn't tear it down and rebuild the proper way. Rebuilding is more than just playing a bunch of young players. The truth is that we aren't really any better off than we were three years ago. It's amazing just how little talent we have found and developed in that time span.

MGRS13
01-25-2009, 04:15 PM

OK lets all talk about a coach who doesn't want to work for the chiefs but we will just keep pretending he's going to be the head coach because well I don't know why but I'm sure there will be a column wrote about it.

FloridaMan88
01-25-2009, 04:15 PM

Are we to assume you want Dick Curl to become head coach and finish the "wonderful work" your beloved Herm has started?

Red Beans
01-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Boo this man

royr17
01-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Like the direction this team is heading. Lot of youth. This is going to be a very good talented football team with the right coach. I hated gettin rid of Jared Allen but I like the fact that we got some good players out of it.

A stud LT in Branden Albert and Tony G's replacement, and DaJuan Morgan who will be a good player in this league.

Hated losing Jared Allen, but at least we got good value. Maybe Larry English or Tim Jamison will make us forget about Allen or possibly Matt Shaunassey.

TEX
01-25-2009, 04:23 PM

We're better off now because it's clear that Clark wants to win. Herm was buying time with his "rebuild" as under him there wasn't much learning or real building - there were only a bunch of players playing not to lose yet they kept losing and not really learning anything. Herm's way fostered in a losing mentality. He was never the right choice for a true rebuild.

jAZ
01-25-2009, 04:24 PM

I agree with a lot of this, but CP didn't know that he should have allowed Herm to start this process in year 1 or at least year 2. He failed and was fired for that reason, ultimately.

The Bad Guy
01-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Fans were "whining" because the coaches were fucking horrible. How many weeks did it take for Tamba Hali finally to get moved back? How much was Derrick Johnson going to get moved around?

Herm was fired because of how AWFUL of a coach he was, NOT because of a rebuild.

I guess sensible is the new retarded.

Hammock Parties
01-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Fans were "whining" because the coaches were fucking horrible. How many weeks did it take for Tamba Hali finally to get moved back? How much was Derrick Johnson going to get moved around?

Herm was fired because of how AWFUL of a coach he was, NOT because of a rebuild.

Can you imagine what Pioli was thinking when he watched all this shit.

"OK, so they're trying Hali at right end...not sure about this...wow, this is bad, surely they moved him back."

*pops in Week 2*

"OK, Raiders! And...Hali's back at right end? Oh, dear. Wow, he's getting dominated by a first-time starter. Well, surely this was his last start."

*pops in Week 3*

"Clark, please fire Herm Edwards immediately."

KCFalcon59
01-25-2009, 04:27 PM
As good as last years draft was thought to be, we should have drafted 2 lineman in the 3rd/4th rounds. Neglecting the line was a horrible decision. C,RG,RT are all shit on this team. That's on Herm.

MGRS13
01-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Just because Herm and Carl got fired doesn't mean Hootie should lose his spot too.

royr17
01-25-2009, 04:32 PM
As good as last years draft was thought to be, we should have drafted 2 lineman in the 3rd/4th rounds. Neglecting the line was a horrible decision. C,RG,RT are all shit on this team. That's on Herm.

Yea I was hoping that they would've drafted Anthony Collins in the 3rd round. But im happy with what we got.

blueballs
01-25-2009, 04:35 PM
you can't rewrite history
Herm and Carl are history
Hal lo fucking looya

FringeNC
01-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Another thing:

Herm envisioned us as an extreme play not to lose power running team with a great defense. That's what he was TRYING to build. [And thank god that loser philosophy is gone.] Well, we ended up with the 2nd worse defense in the league, and the power running game had been such an incredible mismatch for the talent Herm brought in, that we completely did a 180 and went to a wide-open spread.

WilliamTheIrish
01-25-2009, 04:42 PM
For the umptenth time: Herm knew what he was getting into. He's a croney of CP's from way on back. Together they worked a 2-14 miracle. I mean we were "Just a few play's from making the playoffs", according to our 7th round QB taken off the scrap heap who, in his starts won ... essentially nothing.

So, Carl became Schaaf/Steadman and Herm was his foot shuffling porter.

Bowser
01-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Herm was absolutely right in wanting to go for youth, and Carl squashed that idea at first. Had Herm been allowed to blow this thing up from the start, we'd be looking at an upcoming year two with our new head coach/general manager combo. Carl essentially bought the two of them an extra year trying to make one more futile run with Vermiel's castoffs.

But Herm wasn't fired for wanting to do the right thing. Herm was fired for lack of understanding game management and halftime decisions, imnsho.

royr17
01-25-2009, 04:46 PM
Another thing:

Herm envisioned us as an extreme play not to lose power running team with a great defense. That's what he was TRYING to build. [And thank god that loser philosophy is gone.] Well, we ended up with the 2nd worse defense in the league, and the power running game had been such an incredible mismatch for the talent Herm brought in, that we completely did a 180 and went to a wide-open spread.

The defense was bad because herm wanted to run that cover 2 horseshit, instead of lettin gunther impose a physical hard nose hitting defense with blitzes. I dont care what anybody says I blame the defense being terrible on herms part and not Guns. He should've let Gun run the defense he wanted to run and not that Cover 2 shit.

FringeNC
01-25-2009, 04:50 PM
The defense was bad because herm wanted to run that cover 2 horseshit, instead of lettin gunther impose a physical hard nose hitting defense with blitzes. I dont care what anybody says I blame the defense being terrible on herms part and not Guns. He should've let Gun run the defense he wanted to run and not that Cover 2 shit.

Funny, considering how much soft zone we played when Gunther was head coach. Gunther is just as incompetent as Herman Edwards and Carl Peterson.

JuicesFlowing
01-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Wait .. Carl Peterson was right? You give praise to Herm for tearing down the roster and starting over, yet you say Carl Peterson was right? Carl didn't want to start over. This thread makes no sense.

chiefzilla1501
01-25-2009, 04:58 PM
You can't actually be serious.

Carl Peterson resisted the rebuild at every step. Rather than clear up cap space, he invested in 3rd contract players (Law, McIntosh, Donnie Edwards) who he knew would NOT contribute to this team past the rebuild phase. Because he wanted to milk out every last year on the window from Vermeil's team, he agreed to keep on two inept coordinators in Solari and Gun even though their offensive/defensive philosophies completely clashed with those of the head coach he just hired and those guys arguably helped stunt the team's rebuild development. He signed Damon Huard to a lucrative contract in 2007 and arguably forced Herm's hand to start Huard even though he was really anxious to start Croyle (if Croyle started all of 2007, we would have known with complete certainty that he wasn't the answer and would have looked heavily at QB options in the 2007 offseason).

Carl Peterson didn't rebuild because he was intelligent. He rebuilt because he realized he had ****ed this team up so badly that a) he was left with no choice; b) more than likely, Clark Hunt realized how inept Peterson was in his final days and he started to strip Peterson of his overly powerful influence.

There is little to validate anything that Peterson did in his final years. He built an old, old roster, drafted piss-poor from 2000-2005, brought in old, short-term band-aids from 2006-2007 instead of fortifying the roster with young players with upside, and his abrasive tactics scared away any agent who represented a player who considered going to Kansas City.

What's funny is that the reason Peterson kept extending the window instead of blowing the team up was because he didn't want to lose fans. Had he blown up the team right away, the fans would have understood. But because he waited until the last minute and watched the team plummet downward, the fans lost complete trust in the organization and far more fans jumped ship. So even the thing he was best at--selling tickets--was something that he was completely wrong about in his final years.

Hammock Parties
01-25-2009, 05:09 PM
STOP TALKING ABOUT CARL FUCKING PETERSON

DaKCMan AP
01-25-2009, 05:09 PM

Please. The defense was shit with Gun at the helm before Herm came to KC.

Valiant
01-25-2009, 05:13 PM

I think you are an idiot if you think that.. Only people that believed that are other ignorant sensiblechiefsfans..

I predicted this year.. I did not predict horrible management and coaching from Herm and Gunther.. They actually retarded development of some players..

Donger
01-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Jesus Christ.

Someone rip this ****'s spine out of his back.

You had better be correct, GoChiefs.

beavis
01-25-2009, 05:24 PM

How ironic.

the Talking Can
01-25-2009, 05:28 PM
In the end, I was right.

Lose, I said. Lose every game. Winning is bad.

This is the way to shit can everyone, the match to light the fuse that would blow this place up and give us a shot at a franchise QB in the process.

Fuck Carl. Fuck Herm. They stole their paychecks.

I win.

Now pay me a monthly fee.

FringeNC
01-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Please. The defense was shit with Gun at the helm before Herm came to KC.

You know what the comeback will be -- that somehow Vermeil held Gun back. Gun is a defensive genius and no amount of data will change the True Fans' minds.

DonJaun
01-25-2009, 05:39 PM
In the End we were right , Carl was way off! We knew it was going from bad to worse when Herm was announced. Those of us that had any lick of common sense. Anyone with half a brain knew we were headed toward the pit of the NFL as long as Herm was coach . But for the last 3 years i had to hear knuckle heads Talk about what a great guy Herm is. Im glad he did come though cause we ended up getting rid of Carl and his experiment at Chiefs fans expense. Thank God we can all move on .

Mr. Laz
01-25-2009, 06:20 PM
sensible and zouk could be brothers

beach tribe
01-25-2009, 06:39 PM

I'm just going to say this once.

It is not a coincidence that once Clark gained control of the team, it got torn down. It was going to happen whether we had Herm or not.

And don't come in here with you're fake ass "I'm not a fan of Herm" BS
You were one of his biggest supporters, and jumped ship after we went 2-14, and realized that Herm was a gonner, and you still posted about how you thought it would be a good idea to give him another year, so save it.

You, and zilla would have no problem with Herm shitting all over the sideline again next season.

beach tribe
01-25-2009, 06:40 PM
In the end, I was right.

Lose, I said. Lose every game. Winning is bad.

This is the way to shit can everyone, the match to light the fuse that would blow this place up and give us a shot at a franchise QB in the process.

**** Carl. **** Herm. They stole their paychecks.

I win.

Now pay me a monthly fee.

Yep. I remember you saying as much, and I remember because I agreed.

beach tribe
01-25-2009, 06:47 PM

Dude, you just don't get it. We're not pissed at Herm about all the losses.

We expected the losses. We wanted Herm gone because he showed consistently that he is a horrible head coach, and a gameday idiot.
If you can't see that, then I don't think you can be helped.

And for the record, just about everyone is estatic about the direction of this team. I know I am.

Big Chief Homer
01-25-2009, 08:19 PM

I goody, I see Mrs. Edwards is back again.

Here to defend your loving husband on last time before the move to Oakland?

Big Chief Homer
01-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Dude, you just don't get it. We're not pissed at Herm about all the losses.

We expected the losses. We wanted Herm gone because he showed consistently that he is a horrible head coach, and a gameday idiot.
If you can't see that, then I don't think you can be helped.

And for the record, just about everyone is estatic about the direction of this team. I know I am.

What he said!!

boogblaster
01-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Herm did bring in some decent players .. but he can't coach on sundays, period ...

chuxtrux
01-25-2009, 08:41 PM
First off, I think Carl and Herm needed to be canned. But it was funny back when the chiefs were going 7-9 or 9-7 and some people here were begging to rebuild so we could get a top 3 pick and get a franchise player. Well here is the thing ...YOU GET A TOP 3 PICK BECAUSE BOTH YOUR PLAYERS AND COACHES SUCK! YOU NEVER EVER WANT A TOP 3 PICK.

the Talking Can
01-25-2009, 08:47 PM
First off, I think Carl and Herm needed to be canned. But it was funny back when the chiefs were going 7-9 or 9-7 and some people here were begging to rebuild so we could get a top 3 pick and get a franchise player. Well here is the thing ...YOU GET A TOP 3 PICK BECAUSE BOTH YOUR PLAYERS AND COACHES SUCK! YOU NEVER EVER WANT A TOP 3 PICK.

um, actually you do...that's the best way to end up with a great QB....

DeezNutz
01-25-2009, 08:51 PM

Sometimes this is true.

Other times your organization just needs NOT to act like spineless little bitches and take a shot on a guy in round 1.

Cutler at #11 would have been just fine with me. Trade up. Take the ****ing risk. Identify your guy, whenever this is, and go all ****ing in.

In other words, pull an anti-Carl.

CoMoChief
01-25-2009, 08:54 PM

Too bad there isn't a great QB in this one.

Crush
01-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Sometimes this is true.

Other times your organization just needs NOT to act like spineless little bitches and take a shot on a guy in round 1.

Cutler at #11 would have been just fine with me. Trade up. Take the ****ing risk. Identify your guy, whenever this is, and go all ****ing in.

In other words, pull an anti-Carl.

Exactly. If you play not to lose, then you will lose every single time.

Hammock Parties
01-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Can someone please give the thread started an infraction or 10?

Basileus777
01-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Can someone please give the thread started an infraction or 10?

I gave 5 neg reps, but I'm out for now.

Danman
01-25-2009, 09:34 PM

You're right. It's on HERM. The rest of what you said doesn't make much sense. We have a LT drafted last year, Albert, who will only get better. We have a LG, Waters, who made the pro bowl. We need a center this year in either free agency or the draft. We start Neiswanger at RG in place of the two ass wipes Herm started last year. We already drafted a RT last year, Barry Richardson. Let him start now that he's had a year to learn how to watch film and learn pro technique. No our lines not super but it will get better. I think the decision not to give Richardson snaps last year was another Herm failure. We should be able to get 3-4 lower tier free agents or lower draft picks to beef up our line.

Donger
01-25-2009, 09:40 PM
The Chiefs are in FAR better shape now than they were three years ago when he took over.

You know, I'm a football idiot, but I don't understand how anyone can make the assertion above.

What was Herm's record?

2006 = 9-7
2007 = 4-12
2008 = 2-14

Yes, 2-14 is better than 9-7.

How do you even begin to contemplate stating that?

shaneo69
01-25-2009, 10:09 PM

So banking on Brodie Croyle to be your franchise QB is rebuilding the right way?

Poor Herm. You're right, it is unfortunate that he incorrectly assumed Chiefs fans would be patient and understanding when he gave away game after game due to coaching mistakes.

One more thing. When have Steeler fans had to accept an awful year while tearing down and rebuilding their team?

sportsman1
01-25-2009, 10:15 PM
It was Never the losing.. it was how it was lost. This was sickening. Driving from KC to Memphis listening to the end of the San Diego game I almost turned the car around to Kill Herm. That game was one of 30.. like nails on a chalk board.

DeezNutz
01-25-2009, 10:15 PM
You know, I'm a football idiot, but I don't understand how anyone can make the assertion above.

What was Herm's record?

2006 = 9-7
2007 = 4-12
2008 = 2-14

Yes, 2-14 is better than 9-7.

How do you even begin to contemplate stating that?

Because the 9-7 squad was a dinosaur, laden with players past their prime or about to retire, with few young, talented players. The playoff appearance was a weakly constructed facade.

The number of promising, young players is much, much higher now. Combine this with a low cap figure, and we should be very hopeful.

Herm loved to throw around the number that we lost around 7 games by less than 7 points. What he failed to realize was that this was one of the most damning indictments of his incompetence.

This team was coached far below its ability level.

In sum, I wouldn't even consider seriously evaluating wins and losses as an accurate barometer of this team until 2010. As I've said repeatedly, KC could be 5-11, 6-10 next year and it could be a VERY successful year.

There are now some young bright spots on the roster, and this takes time to reap the rewards. This wasn't the case three years ago.

chuxtrux
01-25-2009, 10:18 PM

When you go 2-14 it usually means you need a hell of a lot more than just a quarterback.

DeezNutz
01-25-2009, 10:20 PM
When you go 2-14 it usually means you need a hell of a lot more than just a quarterback.

That's true, and it's certainly true of the Chiefs.

But of all this team's needs, only one can be fixed with a single draft choice. Luckily, it also happens to be the most important position on the field.

cdcox
01-25-2009, 10:26 PM
For the billionth time:

I have all the patience in the world for a rebuild. Take 3 more years and do it right. I can wait.

I have no patience at all for Herm Edwards doing it. I never thought he was a good coach from back in his NY Jets days.

el borracho
01-25-2009, 10:34 PM

So I guess all of your blather about the fans goes double for Clark Hunt since he is the guy who actually fired Carl.

DeezNutz
01-25-2009, 11:08 PM
For the billionth time:

I have all the patience in the world for a rebuild. Take 3 more years and do it right. I can wait.

I have no patience at all for Herm Edwards doing it. I never thought he was a good coach from back in his NY Jets days.

Are you winking at me?

ChiefsCountry
01-25-2009, 11:47 PM
For the billionth time:

This.

I will take a few losing seasons if it means we are the team for the next decade to beat.

whoman69
01-25-2009, 11:53 PM
For the billionth time:

I will agree. Even if we concede on Edwards having a better plan on building a champion, he could not have gotten us there on the field. He lacks the strategy, game management, and motivational/preparation skills to field a championship calibre team.

Despite the fact that we have a younger core of players, I don't agree we are closer to a Super Bowl than when Vermeil left. Edwards squandered the talent that was there, did nothing to improve the defense, and has a general coaching philosophy that is teaching our players the wrong things. He may have said that you play to win the game, but he didn't coach that way.

KCChiefsMan
01-26-2009, 12:00 AM

smittysbar
01-26-2009, 12:08 AM
What a dipshit

cdcox
01-26-2009, 12:19 AM
Are you winking at me?

I swear I meant to hit the shift key.

Crush
01-26-2009, 03:22 AM
**** Carl.
**** Herm.

No more, because they're gone and they're never coming back. Who the **** cares if Carl was supposedly right? Carl finally got his ass fired and that is all that matters. Herm was the only one who had the guts? His incompetence was masked by this supposed task of "rebuilding." He may have Steve Tasker and the rest of the media fooled, but we know. **** Herm. We may have young talent, but Herm was on the verge of ruining that talent with shitty coaching and losing attitude. **** Herm and I am glad that Pioli kicked his ass to the curb. He is no longer employed and that is the only thing that matters. **** Herm.

Valiant
01-26-2009, 04:25 AM
For the billionth time:

Same.

King_Chief_Fan
01-26-2009, 07:27 AM
Poor Herm....he has 12 million bucks and nothing from his career to show he earned it.

raybec 4
01-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Poor Herm....he has 12 million bucks and nothing from his career to show he earned it.

I beg to differ, he has the love and admiration of Sensiblechiefsfan. That has to count for something, doesn't it?

FringeNC
01-26-2009, 08:52 AM
For the billionth time:

It's rare for a competent regime to take very long to be successful. If it doesn't happen early, it's almost certainly not going to happen. A 4-5 year rebuild in the NFL is unheard of. If it's taking that long, you're not rebuilding, you're the Detroit Lions.

Alton deFlat
01-26-2009, 09:20 AM
http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-26-2009, 11:25 AM
The Positives that you WILL Accept as the Gospel:

Carl:
1) Resuscitated one of the most god-awful franchises of the late 70's and entire 80's.

2) Established parking lot/tailgating atmosphere.

3) Made people actually want to wear Chiefs swag again.

4) Brought us Derrick Thomas.

5) Made sure marquee players were involved in charity/philanthropy.

Herm:

Somehow managed to wrangle a statistically impossible three greatest rookie Corners in the league.

And, sucked enough to get Carl fired.

PRINT IT!

Micjones
01-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Herman Edwards is far from the only coach willing to try to rebuild the franchise.
Rebuilding was a readymade excuse for him to hang on to his job. So he thought.

We still stand in need at quite a few different positions.
Herm did some good things, but come on... This team still has a long way to go.