PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What do you think of Shanahan as KC HC?

Lzen
01-26-2009, 01:53 PM
What does CP think? Do you want Mike Shanahan to coach the Chiefs?

Goapics1
01-26-2009, 01:54 PM
No thanks.

Lzen
01-26-2009, 01:54 PM
I guess I really don't understand the obsession with Shanahan as KC's coach. The radio guys (mainly WHB 810am) were all over this Friday as if it were a done deal and they were ecstatic about it. I guess I just don't get it. Why all the fascination about a guy who won a couple of SBs a decade ago and had to have a HOF QB to do it? Unless I am forgetting something, since Elway retired, Shanahan's playoff record is wose than Herm's. :shake:What say you, CP?

KC-TBB
01-26-2009, 02:00 PM
:thumb::whip:I wanna bring back Marty...I'm sure we have a couple of young cheerleaders that could lure him in!

HemiEd
01-26-2009, 02:01 PM
I have said it numerous times. The guy is one of the best, if not the best, game day coaches. He has literally stolen games, on numerous occasions. He is the one that started the "time out" trend, Pam spray, etc.

Take the GM duties away, and he should be even better. He needs a good DC, with a GM that can put the players where needed.

Yeah, I hate the Denver connection, but that will fade. I want to win, losing sucks.

Lzen
01-26-2009, 02:07 PM
HemiEd, I can't stand all the cheating (cooking spray, salary cap), the Denver connection, the disgusting practice of taking out opponents knees, etc. That is one of the reasons why I don't want him here.

All that aside, what say you about his playoff record in the past decade? He has 1 playoff victory since Elway retired. ONE! Herman freakin' Edwards has more playoff victories in that same time span. :shake:

Bowser
01-26-2009, 02:15 PM
HemiEd, I can't stand all the cheating (cooking spray, salary cap), the Denver connection, the disgusting practice of taking out opponents knees, etc. That is one of the reasons why I don't want him here.

All that aside, what say you about his playoff record in the past decade? He has 1 playoff victory since Elway retired. ONE! Herman freakin' Edwards has more playoff victories in that same time span. :shake:

I like the idea of Shanny being here if his capacity stops at being a coach. I think he is one of the finest gameday managers out there to go along with his reputation with offenses. He does come across as Vermeil-esque, but I trust in Clark and Pioli to bring in the correct defensive coordinator, something Carl was unable to do with Vermeil.

Jilly
01-26-2009, 02:17 PM
I thought Shanahan was a no go anyways?

Bowser
01-26-2009, 02:18 PM

We want know one way or the other until it's a done deal, with the way Pioli is keeping a lockdown on all info.

Lzen
01-26-2009, 02:19 PM

There is so much information/misinformation and rumors out there that I don't think anyone knows for sure at this point.

BigVE
01-26-2009, 02:20 PM
It's a moot point but, yeah, I could get used to him as HC.

HemiEd
01-26-2009, 02:20 PM

He has been trying to do too much, Murphy's law. Get promoted, until you can no longer do the job.

Elway, was an important timeline for Denver. The Plummer thing didn't work, neither did the Browncos. He is not a personel man, obviously.

Yeah, I don't like the cheating either, he cost the Chiefs a possible SB in 98. That is the one that was most devastating.

But if I wanted a coach, that would give the best opportunity to win a game, 60 minutes on Sunday, he would be it.
I don't even want to acknowledge Herm Edwards playoff record. IMO, he is the worst game day coach I have ever watched.

alpha_omega
01-26-2009, 02:23 PM
Still not sure at this point.

Jilly
01-26-2009, 02:24 PM
There is so much information/misinformation and rumors out there that I don't think anyone knows for sure at this point.

I would think that if it was Shanahan, we would know now, but if it is Hailey, we'd have to wait til after the superbowl.

ChiefsCountry
01-26-2009, 02:26 PM
I would think that if it was Shanahan, we would know now, but if it is Hailey, we'd have to wait til after the superbowl.

We would have to wait till after the Super Bowl anyways, NFL puts all of the coaching hirings on the backburner until after the Super Bowl.

BigVE
01-26-2009, 02:28 PM
We would have to wait till after the Super Bowl anyways, NFL puts all of the coaching hirings on the backburner until after the Super Bowl.

Huh? What about all the other coaches that have been hired since the regular season ended?

Brock
01-26-2009, 02:29 PM
Huh? What about all the other coaches that have been hired since the regular season ended?

This is Super Bowl week, not that I think that SHOULD have anything to do with it.

CoMoChief
01-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Hate the fact he comes from DEN

He's a good coach, one of the bestin the league.

Has always had his team in the hunt for the division title.

Mama Hip Rockets
01-26-2009, 05:47 PM
i don't know how i could ever get over my lifelong hatred of that man.

Bowser
01-26-2009, 05:48 PM
i don't know how i could ever get over my lifelong hatred of that man.

You'd be over it the first time he pisspounded the Broncos.

JuicesFlowing
01-26-2009, 06:22 PM
Yes.

theorangelion
01-26-2009, 06:26 PM
According to the Rocky Mountain News this is a none issue now. But I would take him. Unless someone we don't expect comes completely out of left field its probably Haley now.

TEX
01-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Nope. Don't want him. I hate his CHEATING DONX ASS. Way to much HATE to get over. I understand and agree that he is one of the best coaches in the league, but the hatred runs too deep.

It's kind of like when FAT ASS Chester Mcfatass joined the Chiefs from the Raiders. I HATED his ass and could NEVER manage to cheer for that turd. Same thing in my book with the Rat.

Cormac
01-26-2009, 07:37 PM
I don't want him for 2 reasons:

1) He did a terrible job of running the D while he was in Denver. The only time his D was good was when he had GRob as DC. That's scary. He did lots of changing co-ordinators and brought in lots of retreads for the D-line. His ability to add to his defensive line makes CP, Gun, Herm and DV look like Belichick.

2) I'd bet he's burned out. He had a looong run in Denver and ended up getting run off. I don't think he has the fire and passion to all of a sudden jump ship to KC and really mean it. It smacks of spite if he does, IMO. I think he's a good coach, but this is not the time.

JMO.