PDA

View Full Version : Misc Sprint is AWESOME!

teedubya
01-26-2009, 06:02 PM
http://external.ak.fbcdn.net/safe_image.php?d=e54818a9598048ee00db880c69434a3f&url=http%3A%2F%2Fassets.bizjournals.com%2Fstory_image%2F220711-0-0-6.jpg

Sure-Oz
01-26-2009, 06:04 PM
went from Sprint to Verizon a few months ago

Dayze
01-26-2009, 06:05 PM
http://external.ak.fbcdn.net/safe_image.php?d=e54818a9598048ee00db880c69434a3f&url=http%3A%2F%2Fassets.bizjournals.com%2Fstory_image%2F220711-0-0-6.jpg

that's hilarious.

Not 'hilarious' for the folks being piped in the rear by Sprint (laid off) etc; but many around here have seen this coming for years. I'm surprised it's taken this long, and equally surprised they haven't been bought by someone.

Sure-Oz
01-26-2009, 06:06 PM
One of my friends has worked for sprint for atleast the last 4 or 5 years. She is getting a bit worried she will finally be canned. Seems like they can a ton every damn year.

Mr. Plow
01-26-2009, 06:07 PM
Eh, to each their own. I've never had problems with Sprint regardless of what city I'm in or where I'm at in the country. AT&T on the other hand, I have nothing but problems with them.

Bugeater
01-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Eh, to each their own. I've never had problems with Sprint regardless of what city I'm in or where I'm at in the country. AT&T on the other hand, I have nothing but problems with them.

AT&T was by far the worst cell phone provider I ever used. I shitcanned them after two months.

The Franchise
01-26-2009, 06:12 PM

This.

Mr. Plow
01-26-2009, 06:12 PM
AT&T was by far the worst cell phone provider I ever used. I shitcanned them after two months.

This. Not only is their cell service crap, the name of their company is AT&T which I believe is just a nickname for the Devil.

DJ's left nut
01-26-2009, 06:15 PM
My sprint service has been fine. My wife hates it, but can't ever explain why.

Much like the big 3, Sprint has to manage to kill its name before its name kills it.

BigMeatballDave
01-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Verizon's recent acquisition of Alltel puts them over 80 mil.

TRR
01-26-2009, 06:16 PM
Subscribers really mean nothing if your EBITDA and ARPU are in the can. U.S Cellular does a great job year in and year out, and barely squeek into the top 5 wireless companies. They do a great job adding verticals, and getting customers on higher rate plans.

Sprint is going that way. They are doing an unbelievable job with their Simply Everything plan (which if you are on another carrier's Simply Everything plan...Your a moron.) and adding features the right way.

petegz28
01-26-2009, 06:16 PM
Funny thing is, people who ran off to Verizon and ATT are realizing they are more expensive and their service is no better. In fact Sprint now is rated better than them for Customer Service. And ATT is flopping with the Blackberry Storm.

But laugh all you want...if Sprint goes under, you will feel the pain of it.

KCChiefsMan
01-26-2009, 06:17 PM
word of mouth is important for me. It may have been a year or 2 ago, but all I ever heard about sprint was that their customer service is terrible and they treat their employees like crap. Not my type of business. I've been pretty pleased with AT&T/Cingular.

petegz28
01-26-2009, 06:18 PM
And, FWIW, the nextel customers are the ones leaving Sprint, for the most part.

petegz28
01-26-2009, 06:20 PM
word of mouth is important for me. It may have been a year or 2 ago, but all I ever heard about sprint was that their customer service is terrible and they treat their employees like crap. Not my type of business. I've been pretty pleased with AT&T/Cingular.

Well, our customer service was rated higher than them and I work from home 18 days a month and get 1 week of 4-10 hour days each month. I'd say that is pretty good treatment. Oh yea, they pay me too.:)

Sure-Oz
01-26-2009, 06:20 PM
And, FWIW, the nextel customers are the ones leaving Sprint, for the most part.

That was me

BigMeatballDave
01-26-2009, 06:22 PM
Funny thing is, people who ran off to Verizon and ATT are realizing they are more expensive and their service is no better. In fact Sprint now is rated better than them for Customer Service. And ATT is flopping with the Blackberry Storm.

But laugh all you want...if Sprint goes under, you will feel the pain of it.Verizon has the Storm. I had Sprint. I wasn't happy, To each his own...

Bugeater
01-26-2009, 06:23 PM
This. Not only is their cell service crap, the name of their company is AT&T which I believe is just a nickname for the Devil.

I didn't have any trouble with the phone service itself, it was their billing dept. I had set up auto bill pay and for some reason they couldn't get my bank acct info right. So instead of calling me (it's not like they didn't know my goddamn phone #) they just shut the phone off. I thought I got everything straightened out, and a week later, same ****ing thing happened and I was done. Then on top of all that, the bastards dinged my credit since I didn't pay their early termination fee.

petegz28
01-26-2009, 06:24 PM
Verizon has the Storm. I had Sprint. I wasn't happy, To each his own...

You are right...ATT is just flopping but the Storn is flopping as well. I have heard nothing good about it at all.

Why were you not happy?

eazyb81
01-26-2009, 06:26 PM

My experience has been the exact same as yours. I had Sprint for years and never had any problems. I switched to AT&T about a year ago, and I drop calls all the time plus have to constantly watch my bill because they always try to screw me over.

Herzig
01-26-2009, 06:26 PM
You cannot beat the SERO plan that is only $30 a month for 500 anytime min., unlimited data, and unlimited texting. I'm never leaving Sprint. Too bad Sprint cut that out for everyone else but employees...well it is called the Sprint Employee Referral Offer after all.

KCChiefsMan
01-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Well, our customer service was rated higher than them and I work from home 18 days a month and get 1 week of 4-10 hour days each month. I'd say that is pretty good treatment. Oh yea, they pay me too.:)

well maybe they've changed. Good to hear that your employers treat you well

Pants
01-26-2009, 06:30 PM
I think Sprint is going to start doing a lot better in the near future.

Simplex3
01-26-2009, 06:35 PM
If Dan Hesse would gut Sprint's POS marketing department then I would say he's done a great job so far. Until then he's just done a good job.

petegz28
01-26-2009, 06:42 PM
If Dan Hesse would gut Sprint's POS marketing department then I would say he's done a great job so far. Until then he's just done a good job.

He has done better. And I agree about the marketing. IF we ever have 1 year without layoffs then I will be impresed.

North Dakota Chief
01-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Sprint is the only corporation that I ever prayed to go out of business.

Simplex3
01-26-2009, 06:48 PM
He has done better. And I agree about the marketing. IF we ever have 1 year without layoffs then I will be impresed.

Better than Forsee isn't a very high bar.

petegz28
01-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Better than Forsee isn't a very high bar.

Forsee ruined this company and is the reason we are in the mess we are in now. I would be hard pressed not to bust him in the jaw if I ever ran into him in person.:cuss:

Dartgod
01-26-2009, 06:54 PM
I've had Sprint for nearly 10 years and I can't really find anything to complain about.

Mr. Plow
01-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Sprint is the only corporation that I ever prayed to go out of business.

Why is that?

Simplex3
01-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Why is that?

I'm guessing because they're the poster child for how to screw up a business.

Mr. Plow
01-26-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm guessing because they're the poster child for how to screw up a business.

But why go to the extent to pray they go out of business?

Al Bundy
I have had Cingular/ATT for 7+ years and have never had a problem with it.

Herzig
I think Sprint is going to start doing a lot better in the near future.

I agree. I think that being the exclusive carrier of the new Palm Pre is going to help. It is the only thing coming that can match the iPhone.

North Dakota Chief
Why is that?

Countless times I have been lunch breaks on the phone with Sprint arguing over petty shit. Not only have they deprived me of tens of thousands of dollars, but they also cut into my precious time and raised my blood pressure for no reason.

I am relishing every second of their failure.

Mr. Plow
01-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Not only have they deprived me of tens of thousands of dollars

Wow. Some sort of business deal or something?

Bob Dole
01-26-2009, 07:27 PM
You cannot beat the SERO plan that is only $30 a month for 500 anytime min., unlimited data, and unlimited texting. I'm never leaving Sprint. Too bad Sprint cut that out for everyone else but employees...well it is called the Sprint Employee Referral Offer after all.

Bob Dole is on it and isn't a Sprint employee.

North Dakota Chief
01-26-2009, 07:29 PM
Wow. Some sort of business deal or something?

Just paying my service charges. That's my beef with Sprint, paying the bill wasn't enough for them, they had to find some way to fu<span>ck</span> with me and make me miserable every three months. They were going out of their way to piss me off.

I hate Sprint so much I hope Al Qaeda hits them.

Herzig
01-26-2009, 07:31 PM

Me too.ROFL

petegz28
01-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Just paying my service charges. That's my beef with Sprint, paying the bill wasn't enough for them, they had to find some way to fu<span>ck</span> with me and make me miserable every three months. They were going out of their way to piss me off.

I hate Sprint so much I hope Al Qaeda hits them.

Yes, they went out of their way just to piss YOU off. In fact, I was the one who told them to do it.

Valiant
01-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Sprint is actually turning around their customer service and getting better from the total shit company they were from 2003-2007.. I think it will be another year or so until customers get confidence back in them.. I have had Verizon for quite a while..

DaFace
01-26-2009, 07:33 PM

Same here. I guess that's part of why I've never considered leaving.

dj56dt58
01-26-2009, 07:34 PM
You are right...ATT is just flopping but the Storn is flopping as well. I have heard nothing good about it at all.

Why were you not happy?

I love the storm..except for texting

bevis369
01-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Try working for ATT and Sprint and see which one is the dark side... I have worked for both...:cuss:

petegz28
01-26-2009, 07:38 PM
I love the storm..except for texting

I've heard nothing but complaints. Lots of returns as well. Of course I never understood why people pay extra for Blackberry when they don't have too?

bevis369
01-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Bottom line both ATT and Sprint only care about money nothing else and don't care if it customers or employees who pay...:cuss:

North Dakota Chief
01-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Yes, they went out of their way just to piss YOU off. In fact, I was the one who told them to do it.

In Sprint's defense, most of the bad service happened 2 or more years ago. It's been night and day the last year. They actually stay out of my business now.

Sorry for my outburst. It was just pent up frustration. I don't want Sprint to go under.

petegz28
01-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Bottom line both ATT and Sprint only care about money nothing else and don't care if it customers or employees who pay...:cuss:

Well, unfortunately they are not the only ones. Most large coporations only care about money. And when they try to use the guise of "we are accountable to the shareholder" they mean the people in the boardroom only

Skip Towne
01-26-2009, 07:48 PM

Last I heard Herzig isn't a Sprint employee either.

petegz28
01-26-2009, 07:48 PM
In Sprint's defense, most of the bad service happened 2 or more years ago. It's been night and day the last year. They actually stay out of my business now.

Sorry for my outburst. It was just pent up frustration. I don't want Sprint to go under.

We have turned the customer service around. I won't deny it sucked. As someone who supports their call centers, I even asked during an all-hands meeting about 3 years ago, WTF they were going to fix the customer service?

bevis369
01-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Send it over seas...

xbarretx
01-26-2009, 08:07 PM
We have turned the customer service around. I won't deny it sucked. As someone who supports their call centers, I even asked during an all-hands meeting about 3 years ago, WTF they were going to fix the customer service?

i never get any of my questions asked at all-hands. i agree though, that things have changed.

bevis369
01-26-2009, 08:09 PM
No one wants to be the next one to be axed....

xbarretx
01-26-2009, 08:15 PM
No one wants to be the next one to be axed....

yeah but after x amount of years, years with the company and surviving x number of layoffs...i really dont sweat it any more. i think 87% of the company is at the "content" stage where we all know it could happen but theres nothing we can do.

Coach
01-26-2009, 08:18 PM
I think the problem with them is that their management is piss-poor, not to mention that customer serivce has been awful all around.

If those two combine, they will eventually go under, as people don't want to deal with piss-poor management and customer service.

xbarretx
01-26-2009, 08:20 PM
I think the problem with them is that their management is piss-poor, not to mention that customer serivce has been awful all around.

If those two combine, they will eventually go under, as people don't want to deal with piss-poor management and customer service.

in the past yes, but they wont go under.

Coach
01-26-2009, 08:20 PM
in the past yes, but they wont go under.

Well, the way they have been declining, and laying people off like crazy, combined with the economic crisis, it's a possibility.

petegz28
01-26-2009, 08:21 PM

Our customer service was ranked tops. It has turned around. The problem with managment is they are all on their own page. Every group is out for its own instead of all getting on the same page. But that is changing too whether some like it or not. Unfortunately it is change driven by survival instead of good managment.

Coach
01-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Our customer service was ranked tops. It has turned around. The problem with managment is they are all on their own page. Every group is out for its own instead of all getting on the same page. But that is changing too whether some like it or not. Unfortunately it is change driven by survival instead of good managment.

All right then, so customer service has improved. That's good, and important. Now here's a bigger problem. Management. If management can't work together on a same page, then eventually it's going to create more problems.

Don't change because of survival. Change becuase it needs to be good management/decision making, and keep it consistent.

xbarretx
01-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Well, the way they have been declining, and laying people off like crazy, combined with the economic crisis, it's a possibility.

i hear you, and it IS a possibility. however, i think if A) the nextel defection can be stopped and or reversed.... or B) market perception changes before its too late

then i think they will be fine. anyone and everyone in this economy might as well be running backwards through a corn field. sucks like a #%#$ tryign to hold on to a job. and if you do get cut then your up against dozens or over a hundred other applicants to get one or two open positions. theres almost no win, its either lose or break even. :shrug:

petegz28
01-26-2009, 08:25 PM
All right then, so customer service has improved. That's good, and important. Now here's a bigger problem. Management. If management can't work together on a same page, then eventually it's going to create more problems.

Don't change because of survival. Change becuase it needs to be good management/decision making, and keep it consistent.

I agree. But empires get built and people are reluctant to change, regardless of the consequences.

Coach
01-26-2009, 08:26 PM
i hear you, and it IS a possibility. however, i think if A) the nextel defection can be stopped and or reversed.... or B) market perception changes before its too late

then i think they will be fine. anyone and everyone in this economy might as well be running backwards through a corn field. sucks like a #%#$ tryign to hold on to a job. and if you do get cut then your up against dozens or over a hundred other applicants to get one or two open positions. theres almost no win, its either lose or break even. :shrug:

You know, I think one way to help the company is that if people are willing to take a pay-cut.

Yeah, it sucks, but would it be better to take a paycut, than to get laid off?

petegz28
01-26-2009, 08:30 PM
You know, I think one way to help the company is that if people are willing to take a pay-cut.

That was discussed today, and I agree and people would take the pay-cut. But it was not an option, unfortunately. :(

xbarretx
01-26-2009, 08:31 PM

that was brought up any times today and the response was it wouldnt work and would kill moral even more.

Coach
01-26-2009, 08:32 PM
That was discussed today, and I agree and people would take the pay-cut. But it was not an option, unfortunately. :(

Well then, it's adios to some people, and then they get even more understaffed.

Herzig
01-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Like I said earlier, the Palm Pre is going to save Sprint and maybe Palm too.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=palm+pre&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=7&ct=title#

http://i.gizmodo.com/5126702/palm-pre-preview-simply-amazing

Simplex3
01-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Carrier specific devices are damaging to the device manufacturers and don't really help the carriers IMO. They wind up having to make a bunch of devices for each and every carrier instead of just a single, sane number of devices.

Simplex3
01-26-2009, 08:41 PM
http://video.google.com/videosearch?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=palm+pre&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=7&ct=title#

In that video half the time when he touches the screen the device does nothing.

Coach
01-26-2009, 08:45 PM
that was brought up any times today and the response was it wouldnt work and would kill moral even more.

Well, while it may lower the morale, it sure as hell beats being out in the cold, with no money to pay the mortage bills, no money to put the food on the table, etc.

Come on, yeah, paycuts does suck, but at the same time, if the people are willing to take a paycut, and all of the sudden if the company benefitted from it, and the economy improves, then they could benefit from that with a big raise, as a big thank you for helping out the company when it mattered the most.

Of course, with the management people today, they don't give 2 shits about the lowly workers.

banyon
01-26-2009, 08:49 PM
I had Nextel, and then Sprint bought them and it started to suck. Then I got Cingular, and AT&T bought them and that started to suck too. Now I have Alltel "the only game in town" who pretty much treats you that way.

Oh, and my Moto Q crashes constantly. The Treo was a much better phone.

Simplex3
01-26-2009, 08:49 PM
...and the stock holders don't give two shits about management, and the management is blissfully unaware of the stockholders who are basically unaware of the plight of the employees...

Business and government on a Macro-scale. A scale so large that nobody can really understand how it works. Where the picture is so big the person is completely removed from the picture.

grandllama
01-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Now I have Alltel "the only game in town" who pretty much treats you that way.

You do realize that Alltel is now Verizon? And don't worry, Verizon always thinks they are the 'only game in town' even when they are not.

xbarretx
01-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Well, while it may lower the morale, it sure as hell beats being out in the cold, with no money to pay the mortage bills, no money to put the food on the table, etc.

Come on, yeah, paycuts does suck, but at the same time, if the people are willing to take a paycut, and all of the sudden if the company benefitted from it, and the economy improves, then they could benefit from that with a big raise, as a big thank you for helping out the company when it mattered the most.

Of course, with the management people today, they don't give 2 shits about the lowly workers.

trust me my friend, it wasnt the reply i would have gave. but then again thats why some benefits were cut. to save jobs...

and as for big raise... hell i havent seen one in the past 3 years....

banyon
01-26-2009, 08:59 PM
You do realize that Alltel is now Verizon? And don't worry, Verizon always thinks they are the 'only game in town' even when they are not.

At least I'll be able to get a Treo or decent Blackberry again.

But yeah, looks like after AT&T buys Verizon or vice versa we'll be back to square 1. Isn't refusal to prosecute antitrust cases great?

http://www.wikinvest.com/images/thumb/0/00/Att_history.jpg/800px-Att_history.jpg

xbarretx
01-26-2009, 09:01 PM
I had Nextel, and then Sprint bought them and it started to suck. Then I got Cingular, and AT&T bought them and that started to suck too. Now I have Alltel "the only game in town" who pretty much treats you that way.

Oh, and my Moto Q crashes constantly. The Treo was a much better phone.

banyon, FTR sprint buying nextel had nothing to do with their degrading the brand / service. either someone else would have bought them and roughly the same ship jumping would have occured .... (maybe to a lesser degree) or they would of just slowly rode off into the sunset as there frequency (which was the bread and butter) was taken over by the govt.

hate on sprint... hate on nextel.... just dont think that sprint is the reason for nextel. i think Forsee was THE ONLY person who wanted that to go through......

petegz28
01-26-2009, 09:03 PM

But yeah, looks like after AT&T buys Verizon or vice versa we'll be back to square 1. Isn't refusal to prosecute antitrust cases great?

http://www.wikinvest.com/images/thumb/0/00/Att_history.jpg/800px-Att_history.jpg

If you want a good "smart phone" that has a kick ass data network, walk your ass into a Sprint store. We have the best 3G network. Fuck, we invented 3G. We have the best smart phones and we have the best prices. And now we have the best customer service. BTW, as I understand it, Verizon leases part of its 3G network from Sprint.

You can thank me later after you realized I just saved you about $240+ a year. :D

banyon
01-26-2009, 09:06 PM
If you want a good "smart phone" that has a kick ass data network, walk your ass into a Sprint store. We have the best 3G network. ****, we invented 3G. We have the best smart phones and we have the best prices. And now we have the best customer service. BTW, as I understand it, Verizon leases part of its 3G network from Sprint.

You can thank me later after you realized I just saved you about $240+ a year. :D

Sprint is not available in my area. Only Alltel (Verizon).

Bugeater
01-26-2009, 09:08 PM

Sweet, that AT&T breakup did a hell of a lot of good. At least I got Qwest out of the deal.

xbarretx
01-26-2009, 09:10 PM
If you want a good "smart phone" that has a kick ass data network, walk your ass into a Sprint store. We have the best 3G network. ****, we invented 3G. We have the best smart phones and we have the best prices. And now we have the best customer service. BTW, as I understand it, Verizon leases part of its 3G network from Sprint.

yep thats why our stock price is WAY under valued.... our backbone alone is worth a F*** ton

Simplex3
01-26-2009, 09:35 PM
yep thats why our stock price is WAY under valued.... our backbone alone is worth a F*** ton

You guys pay a small fortune to Qualcomm every year for the privileged of using CDMA and EV-DO, which is really the only thing that makes your network worth a damn. If they yanked that rug out from under Sprint then Sprint and Verizon would both be done. Thankfully Qualcomm makes a butt-ton of cash licensing CDMA to you guys, so the likelihood of that happening is minuscule.

Herzig
01-26-2009, 09:57 PM
In that video half the time when he touches the screen the device does nothing.

Just like the iPhone...sure there's a second of delay when loading apps...not anymore than your pc. WebOS makes that phone.

Simplex3
01-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Just like the iPhone...sure there's a second of delay when loading apps...not anymore than your pc. WebOS makes that phone.

I've been writing an iPhone app for the last couple of weeks and I never have that issue.

:shrug:

Herzig
01-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Check this out

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UiQzCd2OnoM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UiQzCd2OnoM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Herzig
01-26-2009, 10:55 PM
More about the Palm Pre on the front page of yahoo today. Palm stock has more than doubled since this phone was introduced at the CES a month ago.

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/33277