PDA

View Full Version : Football I hope the Steelers get hosed by the refs..

Joe Seahawk
01-28-2009, 12:40 AM
Yep, I'm still a little bit bitter..

:evil: :evil:

Disclaimer:
The Seahawks lost Superbowl XL Mostly because of their own mistakes, however their is no excuse for the horrible officiating in that game..

01-28-2009, 12:42 AM
I am leaning Steelers just because I don't want to spend the entire offseason listening to the talking heads go on and on about Warner.

DaneMcCloud
01-28-2009, 12:45 AM
The Cards will win legitimately, so you won't have to worry about the refs.

KCrockaholic
01-28-2009, 12:46 AM
eh, i want the Cards to win, but i still feel like the refs really didnt screw up SB XL. Pittsburgh deserved to win that game. I understand your point though mr. joe seahawk

Bowser
01-28-2009, 12:48 AM
Gotta go with the underdog. Go Cards.

Ebolapox
01-28-2009, 12:51 AM
I am leaning Steelers just because I don't want to spend the entire offseason listening to the talking heads go on and on about Warner.

This, though I don't have a dog in this race either way. won't hurt my feelings if EITHER team were to 'shock the world.'

01-28-2009, 12:53 AM
This, though I don't have a dog in this race either way. won't hurt my feelings if EITHER team were to 'shock the world.'Yep, I am the same this year as last. Really don't give a shit who wins but have my preference. As long as it is a great game, it doesn't really matter.

Bugeater
01-28-2009, 12:56 AM

They won't, they'll have plenty of Brett Favre to talk about. :D

Joe Seahawk
01-28-2009, 01:00 AM
eh, i want the Cards to win, but i still feel like the refs really didnt screw up SB XL. Pittsburgh deserved to win that game. I understand your point though mr. joe seahawk

I agree that Pittsburgh deserved to win, but I disagree about the refs screwing up the game..

Do you think officiating mistakes affected the outcome of Super Bowl XL? (103,167 votes)
61.7% Yes
38.2% No

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?page=thepulse060206

AustinChief
01-28-2009, 02:49 AM
I agree that Pittsburgh deserved to win, but I disagree about the refs screwing up the game..

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?page=thepulse060206

I agree that the officiating was awful... but the Steelers were FAR AND AWAY the better team that year....

BUT The pats were a much better team than the fluky Giants and as we saw.... they lost...

--Owell (wishing the officiating had kept the giants from fluking a crap superbowl win...)

penguinz
01-28-2009, 04:39 AM
I am hoping Cards because i can't stand the Steelers QB.

Kerberos
01-28-2009, 04:49 AM

What's wrong with Big Ben? Is it his cockiness? Do you think he is pompous?

BTW I am rooting for the Card because I always root for the Underdog. I am also a closet Warner fan.

penguinz
01-28-2009, 05:00 AM
What's wrong with Big Ben? Is it his cockiness? Do you think he is pompous?

BTW I am rooting for the Card because I always root for the Underdog. I am also a closet Warner fan.I am not sure. I have never liked him. Not sure why, I just don't.

Tiger's Fan
01-28-2009, 06:15 AM
When I was a kid in the 70's it was as hard being a Chiefs fan then as it was recently with Herm at the helm. The St. Louis Cards were my second favorite team. Jim Hart, Mel Gray, Terry Metcalf, Jackie Smith, Dan Dierdorf, Conrad Dobler. Those were some really good Coryell offenses, can't believe they didn't win more than they did. Anyway, I'll be rooting on the Cards for old times sake, even though I'm anti-teams that move away, ie: Rams, Colts, Browns, Cards, ect.

RealSNR
01-28-2009, 07:19 AM
They've gotten good calls all regular season. It's karma time, bitches.

MahiMike
01-28-2009, 07:30 AM
Not only did the refs give the SB to the Steelers, they gave a couple playoff games to them to get there. Remember, they were a 10 win team. The Steelers rank up there as my most hated team. Whenever they play the Jags, at least one of us in the tailgate crew gets in a fight with them.

milkman
01-28-2009, 07:49 AM

If the Steelers win, it'll be all Big Ben all the time.

He'll be Bradyesque, with SBs in 5 years.

Kerberos
01-28-2009, 08:03 AM
If the Steelers win, it'll be all Big Ben all the time.

He'll be Bradyesque, with SBs in 5 years.

And if the Cardinals win it will be "Warner has GOD in his corner" for the next 6 months.

milkman
01-28-2009, 08:07 AM
And if the Cardinals win it will be "Warner has GOD in his corner" for the next 6 months.

Point is, doesn't matter who wins, the sound of slurping is going to get irritating as hell.

Rooster
01-28-2009, 08:37 AM
Got to go with the Cards.

Fritz88
01-28-2009, 08:47 AM

Perhaps the only reason I respect the Steelers is because of Ben. He's
the most down to earth QB out there.

KCrockaholic
01-28-2009, 09:06 AM
atleast SB XL's refs werent the Ed Hoculi's crew.

Frazod
01-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Fuck the $tealer$. I hope they get jobbed by the refs just as hard as the Seahawks did. 4321

Mr. Laz
01-28-2009, 09:24 AM
hold a grudge much?

go Steelers!!

Frazod
01-28-2009, 10:01 AM
hold a grudge much?

go Steelers!!

I was never a Seahags fan, nor did I ever have any particular hatred of Pittsburgh. But that game was an absolute travesty. As far as I'm concerned, the only difference between Denver and Pittsburgh is that Pittsburgh is at a lower elevation.

RealSNR
01-28-2009, 10:45 AM
Steelers fans are insufferable. Fuck that team

Nzoner
01-28-2009, 10:52 AM
I really hope the refs don't decide this one as well,hell as far as I'm concerned we could be talking about a Cardinals-Titans SB if not for the focking refs.

Overall though I want a good game with Whisenhunt giving a big FU to the Steelers for letting him get away in the first place.

KCrockaholic
01-28-2009, 10:54 AM
i was wishing for a Chargers/Cards SB. haha a total of 15 loses in the SB sounds like a deal to me.

blueballs
01-28-2009, 11:00 AM
With the Steelers playing
the refering will be analized to death the whole game
cool

DJay23
01-28-2009, 11:11 AM
I live in Central Pennsylvania. There is a split between Eagles and Steelers fans about 30-60. Most of my good friends are Steelers fans. I say this to lend a little weight to what I'm about to say:

The Steelers MUST lose!

These people have whined ALL year long about the officiating, and they've been benefitted by it more than any other team! The game against the Chargers where they took the TD away from Polamalu at the end...they cried. The game against the Ravens with the Holmes reversal for TD...they cried. After Super Bowl XL...they CRIED! My freaking God, they won all of those games! And yet they continue to whine about officiating for some reason. Whine about the refs messing up their games. Whine about other people questioning the calls. Whine about the people who call them pussies for whining about the other people questioning the calls. One of my friends brings up the officiating from XL at least once every 3 months. This is what 3years since that game. Three years!

My hope is that the Steelers lose on a close and questionable goal line play. Because, come on, eventually karma's going to come back and bite you. It HAS to!

Unfortunately I think the Steelers are too talented on D to lose.

DJay23
01-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Steelers fans are insufferable. **** that team

I have lived in Colorado, Pennsylvania, Texas, Indiana, and of course Kansas. I rank opposing (the Chiefs) NFL fans in order of dickheaded arrogance as follows:

1. STEELERS (lived here since mid nineties)

2.Broncos (lived there in the early nineties)
3. Oilers (lived there in the early nineties)
4. Colts (lived there in the late eighties)

warrior
01-28-2009, 11:29 AM
hold a grudge much?

go Steelers!!

Yes----------97 Chiefs (ref no89)

PastorMikH
01-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Now why would a Seahawks fan want the Steelers to get hosed by the refs?

Heh, guy in our church is a hardcore Steeler fan, even he admited the refs had definitely favored the Steelers.