PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet ChiefPlanet will soon have a news section! fun times!

AustinChief
01-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Yes, we will soon have a news section, and as clearly illustrated by this first test article... I will not be allowed to write very often (if at all.)... Click here for the whole article (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/cpnews/?p=3)

Frazod
01-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Will you be offering up any more editorials about Heath Ledger? The kids really seemed to enjoy that. LMAO

J Diddy
01-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Yes, we will soon have a news section, and as clearly illustrated by this first test article... I will not be allowed to write very often (if at all.)... Click here for the whole article (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/cpnews/?p=3)

Please tell me athan wasn't your source.

J Diddy
01-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Will you be offering up any more editorials about Heath Ledger? The kids really seemed to enjoy that. LMAO

Hadn't heard hide nor hair out of mecca since. I think he hurt his feelings.

kstater
01-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Looks good. I presume the colors and logos will be updated.

Over-Head
01-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Please tell me Goatboy wont be the editor

CrazyPhuD
01-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Shouldn't this be in the news section????

AustinChief
01-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Looks good. I presume the colors and logos will be updated.

yeah, this is just a test page, Mark is the boss man and I will leave those decisions up to him. I am just the paperboy... making sure the news gets to the masses...

So far, the pages are working and the system seems to integrate well... can someone go to the article and try to post a comment... want to see if that works...

I can't test as the admin

kstater
01-28-2009, 07:22 PM
I'm awaiting moderation.

AustinChief
01-28-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm awaiting moderation.

yup, saw that and approved the comment then went and took of the approval deal.. that would be annoying having to approve everything...

ok, was it easy? did it leave you logged into CP and use you CP info without you having to relogin?

If so, then we are cooking with gas! I just need to do the long and tedious part of adding proper plugins and then getting the structure/layout/etc to fit whatever Mark and his staff decide to come up...

Ok from now on I will refer to them as his CREW... gives me the willies talking about Mark's staff...

kstater
01-28-2009, 07:28 PM
yup, saw that and approved the comment then went and took of the approval deal.. that would be annoying having to approve everything...

ok, was it easy? did it leave you logged into CP and use you CP info without you having to relogin?

If so, then we are cooking with gas! I just need to do the long and tedious part of adding proper plugins and then getting the structure/layout/etc to fit whatever Mark and his staff decide to come up...

Ok from now on I will refer to them as his CREW... gives me the willies talking about Mark's staff...

Opened a new browser, and yes I had to fill out name, email and website. But it auto fills now.

Mecca
01-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Hadn't heard hide nor hair out of mecca since. I think he hurt his feelings.

What?

AustinChief
01-28-2009, 07:38 PM
What?

yeah, I was gonna say.. I am pretty sure he's not a girl... I doubt his feelings were hurt... as a matter of fact he posted on the thread a couple of times (wrongly, but still..) :D

Mecca, I need to talk to you about a draft site thing... but not just yet, I may be PMing you next week

Mecca
01-28-2009, 07:40 PM
yeah, I was gonna say.. I am pretty sure he's not a girl... I doubt his feelings were hurt... as a matter of fact he posted on the thread a couple of times (wrongly, but still..) :D

Mecca, I need to talk to you about a draft site thing... but not just yet, I may be PMing you next week

Ok..

AustinChief
01-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Ok, set up the news site to have a mobile style for NON-iphone type mobile phones...

anyone want to test it out and see if it works?

AustinChief
01-28-2009, 08:30 PM
btw... on a side note... this thread is automatically generated by the news site. So anytime a cool article happens it will post it in the forums so everyone will know...

Thig Lyfe
01-28-2009, 08:31 PM
We should charge $90 per year. That's a heck of a competitive price in the Chiefs news marketplace!

Hammock Parties
01-28-2009, 08:39 PM
I think this is really cool. Will this just be straight news or will there be commentary?

Thig Lyfe
01-28-2009, 08:40 PM
I think this is really cool. Will this just be straight news or will there be commentary?

Thinking of jumping ship?

Hammock Parties
01-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Please tell me Goatboy wont be the editor

Kyle doesn't have enough action figures to pay me.

Hammock Parties
01-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Thinking of jumping ship?

I'm exclusive.

AustinChief
01-28-2009, 08:48 PM

You seriously don't know that... I have every ship and figure from the first two star wars films. (I am a packrat and never throw anything out... )

I even have most of the original Battlestar Galactica ships and figures...

...and Buck Rogers....

Difference is, mine are in storage... not my bedroom.

:D

AustinChief
01-28-2009, 08:50 PM

That will be up to Mark but I am thinking it will be mostly interviews, and a few articles and commentary thrown in ...

But who knows... just like ChiefsPlanet... I plan to build the infrastructure and let it shape itself.

Hammock Parties
01-28-2009, 08:51 PM
I have every ship and figure from the first two star wars films.

And you get laid with great regularity...

Life just ain't fair. I'll be a President in my next life or something.

Thig Lyfe
01-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Difference is, mine are in storage... not my bedroom.

http://dave.matusiak.org/weblog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/wonder_woman.jpg

J Diddy
01-28-2009, 08:55 PM

The irony is thick with this one. A guy who posts every freaking thing he writes for another site and everybody ridicules, could be getting paid on the same site he annoys frequently. Ain't that great.