PDA

View Full Version : Misc Anyone Interested in a Border Collie-mix Puppy?

kcfanintitanhell
01-29-2009, 04:57 PM
We got an email from a girl in Florida this morning who is part of a national border collie rescue organization asking us if we would rescue two puppies from a local shelter here in East Tennessee who were going to be euthanized tomorrow morning. As I post this, they are headed to the house with my fiance. We already have 3 dogs and a cat, so we can do nothing more than provide a place for them to stay until they can be adopted. There is another home in Connecticut that has offered to foster them, also. If anyone is possibly interested the national border collie rescue will provide transportation. As soon as we get them settled I'll try to post some pics.

bogey
01-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Would they provide transportation to CA? Are either puppies female? It's a LONG shot, but I would like to see pictures.

blueballs
01-29-2009, 05:20 PM
are they about the same size
as the Italian sausage in this pic

kcfanintitanhell
01-29-2009, 05:25 PM
Would they provide transportation to CA? Are either puppies female? It's a LONG shot, but I would like to see pictures.

One's a female. They are both about 3 months old. Since I posted this, the foster folks in Connecticut are making arrangements with a group called Pilots for Paws to get them up there. I guess there's an organization of commercial pilots that help out all these rescue groups.
But the place in Connecticut is only a foster house that would keep them safe until they get adopted. We are the in-between for them and they would probably be more than happy if someone in the interim wanted to adopt one.
As soon as I get some pics I will post them.
Thanks

memyselfI
01-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Please adopt these or any puppy with basic knowledge about the breed and it's needs.

Word of caution, do NOT adopt these dogs if you are in an apartment or without a large yard or if you are a couch potato and are seeking a likeminded companion. Also, if you have small children do know these dogs possess a need to herd so your little ones may be equated to sheep until your dog straightens it out with your help.

They are HIGH energy dogs and needs lots of exercise or you will experience your cute little puppy chewing a sofa. Give them lots of exercise and rawhide chews and you will be fine.

Once we got out of the puppy stage our dog (BC/lab mix) was fine but he was quite the challenge until then. He's four now and we are glad we didn't give up on him.

bogey
01-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Please adopt these or any puppy with basic knowledge about the breed and it's needs.

Word of caution, do NOT adopt these dogs if you are in an apartment or without a large yard or if you are a couch potato and are seeking a likeminded companion. Also, if you have small children do know these dogs possess a need to herd so your little ones may be equated to sheep until your dog straightens it out with your help.

They are HIGH energy dogs and needs lots of exercise or you will experience your cute little puppy chewing a sofa. Give them lots of exercise and rawhide chews and you will be fine.

Once we got out of the puppy stage our dog (BC/lab mix) was fine but he was quite the challenge until then. He's four now and we are glad we didn't give up on him.

All true. But I've found a Border can be controlled just fine if you beat them enough. j/k I have a mature female that we rescued about 6 years ago. We're considering getting another because our Daisy is absolutely the best dog that I have ever had in my life.

Donger
01-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Can my Dobe eat it?

kcfanintitanhell
01-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Border collies are working dogs-they need to have a job, and aren't happy campers if they don't. We have a border collie-Aussie shepherd mix we've had since she was a puppy. Shortly after we adopted her, we got her enrolled in the CGC (canine good citizenship) program, and for the next six months that became her job. After that, for the next year or so, just keeping her brushed up on her commands was enough of a job for her, apparently. She still has the "wherever you're going, I'm sooo-there!!!" mentality, but pretty much considers her main job keeping the other two dogs in the household in line.

Thig Lyfe
01-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Anyone Interested in a Border Collie-mix Puppy?

You mean like romantically?

theorangelion
01-29-2009, 07:08 PM
All true. But I've found a Border can be controlled just fine if you beat them enough. j/k I have a mature female that we rescued about 6 years ago. We're considering getting another because our Daisy is absolutely the best dog that I have ever had in my life.

Anybody that beats a dog should be beat themselves. Pure ignorance.:cuss:

kstater
01-29-2009, 07:09 PM

But they make such great punching bags.

theorangelion
01-29-2009, 07:20 PM
But they make such great punching bags.

Someone should you use as a punching bag what a moron.nlm

I have no use for people that abuse animals.

kstater
01-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Someone should you use as a punching bag what a moron.nlm

I have no use for people that abuse animals.

Don't knock it till you try it.

theorangelion
01-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Don't knock it till you try it.

What a sick @#ck you are.

Frosty
You mean like romantically?

That would be Midnight Vulture and his "bitches".

KC_Lee

There are a lot of private organizations like this that provide transport to foster homes across the country.

My wife and I work with quite a few animal rescue groups (Freedom Farm in TN & Best Friends) and have had our share of fosters. Earlier this year we helped rescue a hound mix and worked with a lady here in TN that would transport dogs to the northeast to live in foster homes in preparation for adoption.

kstater
01-29-2009, 07:23 PM
What a sick @#ck you are.

You don't have to use the symbols, you can actually type fuck.

kstater
01-29-2009, 07:23 PM
That would be Midnight Vulture and his "bitches".

LMAO

theorangelion
01-29-2009, 07:24 PM
You don't have to use the symbols, you can actually type ****.

**** U

bogey
01-29-2009, 07:25 PM

Take it easy dandylion.

kstater
01-29-2009, 07:28 PM
**** U

I believe it's spelled "you" not U. I'm going to guess you do a lot of texting?

theorangelion
01-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Take it easy dandylion.

Sorry I mean no offense cruelty to animals riles me to no end.

theorangelion

**** YOU

kstater

Do you eat meat?

theorangelion
01-29-2009, 07:30 PM

You guess wrong fart brain

theorangelion
01-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Do you eat meat?

So now your a tree hugger? Little bunny lover.

kstater
01-29-2009, 07:31 PM
You guess wrong fart brain

Fart brain? That's the best you have?

kstater
01-29-2009, 07:31 PM
So now your a tree hugger? Little bunny lover.

How can I be a bunny lover if I'm cruel to animals?

theorangelion
01-29-2009, 07:33 PM
How can I be a bunny lover if I'm cruel to animals?

Actually I do not think you know what you are you. You demented twisted jerk.

Frosty
01-29-2009, 07:34 PM

LMAO

You do know that j/k means "just kidding", right?

LMAO

kstater
01-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Actually I do not think you know what you are you. You demented twisted jerk.

Jerk's kind of a strong word don't you think?

theorangelion
01-29-2009, 07:35 PM
LMAO

You do know that j/k means "just kidding", right?

LMAO

Your point?

Frosty
01-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Your point?

is waaay over your head, apparently. :hmmm:

theorangelion
01-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Jerk's kind of a strong word don't you think?

Compared to fart brain?

theorangelion
01-29-2009, 07:37 PM
is waaay over your head, apparently. :hmmm:

You had to go there didn't you beaver breath?

kstater
Compared to fart brain?

If you want to compare them to each other, sure.

bogey

You're not alone on this board.

KC_Lee
01-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Do you eat meat?

Aw geez not the this crap again. :banghead:

You're equating eating meat to torturing a dog or a cat? There is a vast difference between the two.

So explain this to me; if society has no issue with people who eat meat does that mean that everyone in said society condones animal cruelty?

kstater
01-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Aw geez not the this crap again. :banghead:

You're equating eating meat to torturing a dog or a cat? There is a vast difference between the two.

So explain this to me; if society has no issue with people who eat meat does that mean that everyone in said society condones animal cruelty?

I made no such claim. I asked a simple question.

bogey
01-29-2009, 07:40 PM
Holy moly. This could be good.

KC_Lee
01-29-2009, 07:41 PM
I made no such claim. I asked a simple question.

To what end? Why ask the question of someone who simply stated that animal cruelty ticks him off?

kstater
01-29-2009, 07:42 PM
Holy moly. This could be good.

Nah, I'm starting to get bored.

FWIW, I was just yanking the n00bs chain. I have a dog, no I don't beat it, I think cruelty to animals is as low as it gets, and no I don't equate animal cruelty to growing livestock.

KcMizzou
01-29-2009, 07:43 PM
I don't think kstater's actually a puppy puncher.

Just sayin'. :shrug:

bogey
01-29-2009, 07:43 PM

FWIW, I was just yanking the n00bs chain. I have a dog, no I don't beat it, I think cruelty to animals is as low as it gets, and no I don't equate animal cruelty to growing livestock.

Are you okay with fucking sheep?

Frosty
01-29-2009, 07:44 PM
You had to go there didn't you beaver breath?

Either dandylion needs to fix his sarcasm meter or I do... :hmmm:

kstater
01-29-2009, 07:44 PM

They don't call us Arkansans' hillbillies for nothing.

Skip Towne
01-29-2009, 07:45 PM
If you want to compare them to each other, sure.

Are you messing with the n00bs again?

KC_Lee
01-29-2009, 07:46 PM

No harm no foul. I've had this argument; if you eat meat you can't condone animal cruelty, with folks over and over.

kstater
01-29-2009, 07:47 PM

I kind of like taking the Donger approach.

theorangelion
01-29-2009, 07:48 PM
You're not alone on this board.

Thank you. And yes kstater I do eat meat. In fact I work in an Cattle Harvest Plant. We are very humane to the cattle that come in to our plant. We do our best to be very good stewards to the animals that are brought to our plant. We are not cruel or inhumane to these animals and discharge anyone who is.

So I am outraged when anyone treats Dogs who are loving, kind, loyal companions with cruelty. I'm furious when so called "people" act or speak with such disrespect for these amazing friends we called Dogs.

I'll take a good dog over a good person any day.

bogey
01-29-2009, 07:48 PM
I kind of like taking the Donger approach.

You do it very well.

bogey
01-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Thank you. And yes kstater I do eat meat. In fact I work in an Cattle Harvest Plant. We are very humane to the cattle that come in to our plant. We do our best to be very good stewards to the animals that are brought to our plant. We are not cruel or inhumane to these animals and discharge anyone who is.

So I am outraged when anyone treats Dogs who are loving, kind, loyal companions with cruelty. I'm furious when so called "people" act or speak with such disrespect for these amazing friends we called Dogs.

I'll take a good dog over a good person any day.

theorangelion
01-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Either dandylion needs to fix his sarcasm meter or I do... :hmmm:

What the hell does Wheat is murder mean? from the N00bs

theorangelion
01-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Are you okay with ****ing sheep?

Apparently you are from Wyoming and know from experience.

KcMizzou
01-29-2009, 07:55 PM
I'll take a good dog over a good person any day.Now see, that's just fucked up.

Frosty
01-29-2009, 07:55 PM
What the hell does Wheat is murder mean? from the N00bs

Seems self-explanatory to me. :shrug:

kstater
01-29-2009, 07:56 PM
Apparently you are from Wyoming and know from experience.

Actually he's from California, but you didn't answer his question.

KC_Lee
01-29-2009, 07:56 PM

Hey we n00bs got to the post count up somehow?:thumb:

kstater
01-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Now see, that's just fucked up.

I'm thinking he's a little too into dogs.

theorangelion
01-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Seems self-explanatory to me. :shrug:

So what are you a harvester or a micro brew master?

theorangelion
01-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Hey we n00bs got to the post count up somehow?:thumb:

So WTF how do we get to get a sig and av?

theorangelion
01-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Actually he's from California, but you didn't answer his question.

BBW Latin women are my preference, not wolly buggers on a hill side that some CA folks prefer.

Frosty
01-29-2009, 08:07 PM
So what are you a harvester or a micro brew master?

Do you realize how many mice and rabbits are killed when harvesting wheat? How many birds and insects are killed when the fields are sprayed? Wheat is murder.

At least with a cow, only one life has to be taken to feed many, as opposed to thousands to make one loaf of bread.

Frosty
01-29-2009, 08:07 PM
So WTF how do we get to get a sig and av?

Only the cool kids get 'em.

Reerun_KC
01-29-2009, 08:14 PM
I would LOVE to have them, but I already have a border collie and another aussie shepperd...

Border Collies are my favorite though... I hope someone takes them, they are amazingly smart, sweet and very loveable little doggies!

theorangelion
01-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Do you realize how many mice and rabbits are killed when harvesting wheat? How many birds and insects are killed when the fields are sprayed? Wheat is murder.

At least with a cow, only one life has to be taken to feed many, as opposed to thousands to make one loaf of bread.

Heavy Duty. But what about the wheat, corn, silage, water that it takes to raise that beef? I really see your point. I have always been a "back to the basics" type a guy myself. Alright lets everyone jump on the n00b for that statement.

theorangelion
01-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Only the cool kids get 'em.

Ah cmon fill a n00b in the admins won't return my emails.

Frosty
01-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Heavy Duty. But what about the wheat, corn, silage, water that it takes to raise that beef? I really see your point. I have always been a "back to the basics" type a guy myself. Alright lets everyone jump on the n00b for that statement.

Well, it would be better to let the cattle free range instead of grain-feed them.

theorangelion
01-29-2009, 08:18 PM
I would LOVE to have them, but I already have a border collie and another aussie shepperd...

Border Collies are my favorite though... I hope someone takes them, they are amazingly smart, sweet and very loveable little doggies!

We have returned to the thread thank you.

kcfanintitanhell
01-29-2009, 08:56 PM
We have returned to the thread thank you.

Updated 9:40-The puppies are crated and pretty gruntled at this time. We have spent the past hour in the front yard, introducing our dogs one by one, and, needless to say, Pepper, the border collie mix of ours, has spent the last fifteen minutes making sure that they got their business done before they set foot on the front porch....she's got a new job!!!
So all is good, for the time being....I am wondering if some sixth sense in them realized that their time was almost up in the shelter, or if the change of environment was traumatic...but the female has been whimpering constantly unless she is being held by one of us.
The female has traditional border collie features and markings...the male has border collie markings, but his face looks like he has a bit of pit bull in him.
They are both precious dogs, sweet as hell.
I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Reerun_KC
01-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Picture of my Border Collie....

kcfanintitanhell
01-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Picture of my Border Collie....

Does she have some Shelty in her? She's beautiful.

Skip Towne
01-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Border collies are wonderful. I used to have 300 Angora goats. It took three of us 45 minutes to put them all in the barn. The dog could do it in 5 minutes by himself.

Reerun_KC
01-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Does she have some Shelty in her? She's beautiful.

Nope the was only a few months old at that point. She is the runt of the litter...

kcfanintitanhell
01-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Border collies are wonderful. I used to have 300 Angora goats. It took three of us 45 minutes to put them all in the barn. The dog could do it in 5 minutes by himself.

Aren't they amazing? As long as they have a job, and know what it is, they're good to go. Sometimes they figure out what their job is by themselves, but if you come up with something else..there're sooooo....there!!!

Reerun_KC
01-29-2009, 10:16 PM
Aren't they amazing? As long as they have a job, and know what it is, they're good to go. Sometimes they figure out what their job is by themselves, but if you come up with something else..there're sooooo....there!!!

It is crazy, they are so task oriented its unreal... Your right, I guess that is why they are the smartest of all dogs...

Hog Rider
01-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Border Collies are great! Much like veal!