PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If I was drafting for the Chiefs in '09...

Saccopoo
01-29-2009, 10:09 PM
...it would go something like this: (1., 2., etc. are based on an offensive leaning draft, and 1a., 2a., etc. would be my defensive minded draft.)

1. Mark Sanchez, QB; USC
- The Chiefs need a stud at quaterback and have to start drafting one right now. I’m convinced that Thigpen throws marshmallows, makes bad reads, “shows” his receiver reads far too easily and wouldn’t/couldn’t be named the starter on any major D1 team right now. Stafford will be in a Detroit hat by the time the Chefs pick, but they need the best QB available and Sanchez is the guy. No more screwing around at this position with has been FA’s or mediocre rookies.

1a. Aaron Curry, LB; WF
- The same thing that could be said about the Chiefs perrenial problems at QB could be said about their LB position. It’s been horrible of late. Johnson is the only decent player we have and he’s been inconsistent at best. They need a monster, a sure thing and Curry seems to be the consensus guy at the LB position in this draft.

2. Phil Loadholt, OT; OU
- Do we really want McIntosh manning the RT spot for another season? Loadholt is a mammoth that played exceptionally well at the LT spot for OU, and would likely translate into a very effective RT in the pros.

2a. Clint Sintim, OLB; UVA
- Tackling machine that has shown he can get to the quarterback (something the Chiefs desperately need). Would be a complete steal if he was here for the Chiefs at the top of the second round.

3. Paul Kruger, DE; Utah
- IMHO, the best defensive end in the draft. Was the best player on a Ute team that dismantled Alabama. Only a redshirt sophomore, and former HS AA at quarterback, Kruger has a massive upside. Motor that won’t quit, incredibly smart, and a knack for being around the ball/play everytime. If memory serves me correctly, he led or was near the top for tackles for a loss in D1 football.

3a. Rhett Bromar, QB; SHS
- Incredibly talented, but has shown a high degree of immaturity and/or bad decision making off the field. As far as quarterbacks go, probably is the best in the draft, but likely to fall because of those off the field issues. Liken him to a Randy Moss – is a team willing to take a chance on him and will that chance pay off? If the Chiefs go defense with their first pick rather than Sanchez, I’d love to see them roll the dice on this kid at the top of the third.

4. Kraig Urbik, OG; UW
- Massive road grader that would be a nice addition to the right side of the line if the Chiefs pick up a quality tackle (such as Loadholt) earlier on in the draft. It would be nice to see the Chiefs have a potent running game and pass protection from the right side of the line – something they haven’t seen since John Tait and Will Shields held down the strong side.

4a. Connor Barwin, DE; Cincy
- One year wonder at DE after switching from the offensive side of the ball for his senior season. Sacks, tackles, interceptions, blocked punts, et al. Weird how a mediocre tight end turns into a demon on defense overnight.

5. Scott McKillop, ILB; Pitt
- Insane amount of tackles and is always around the ball. Will probably be knocked for a lack of athleticism when compared to the top linebackers like Curry, Maualuga and Laurenitis, but you can’t teach instinct, and if memory serves me correctly, guys like Dino Hackett and Mike Maslowski weren’t the most athletic of guys but they got it done on the field. I’d just like a middle linebacker who actually ends up where the ball is after the last several seasons of farcical ineptitude in the middle of the Chiefs defense.

5a. Alex Boone, OT; OSU
- Best tackle available at this point if he’s still on the board. Ask Beanie Wells if he got some holes opened because of Boone.

6. Austin Collie, WR; BYU
- Great hands and good speed (one of those guys who runs even faster when he’s in pads than what he’ll time in a 40 yard dash). Led all D1 receivers in yardage while competing with BYU’s excellent TE Pitta for catches. Knows how to get open and will actually catch the ball once it’s thrown to him. (That would be a refreshing change from a Chief not named Gonzalez or Bowe.)

6a. Bradley Fletcher, CB; Iowa
- Big corner that would be a nice addition in dime and nickel formations.

7. Mortty Ivy, LB; WV
- I watched one West Virginia game this past year and this kid stood out from everyone else on the field. Really instinctive and really smooth in pads. Didn’t “fly” to the ball, but rather “flowed” to it and was in on every play. Seemed like he just played smarter than everyone else on the field.

7a. Chase Daniels, QB; MU
- If Daniels is still on the board in the seventh round, the Chiefs would be idiots if they didn’t grab him (and that hurts like hell being a Reesing fan/KU alum). Probably already better than any other QB on the Chiefs roster, he would make a great backup for years.

First FA signing: Louie Sakoda, K; Utah (I’m sick of inept kickers, and this guy makes everything, pressure or not. Probably won’t get drafted because he’s a bit on the small side, but from 50 yards and in, he’s automatic and totally clutch. Bonus - he’s maybe an even better punter than kicker and can actually throw a good pass on fakes.)

bowener
01-29-2009, 10:16 PM
I really dont want Loadholt at the top of the 2nd. I am pretty sure there are better players available at that point, if not there, definitely in FA with somebody like Khalif Barnes (currently LT, not so great there, better RT).

blueballs
01-29-2009, 10:20 PM
Why don't you want to trade down
Sackofgoo

Ebolapox
01-29-2009, 10:20 PM
I stopped reading when I saw chase daniels.

two reasons. who the fuck is chase daniels? is he related to chase daniel? also: how is he worth a late round pick? if you're gonna pick a mizzou qb late, pick chase patton. he's not a midget.

unothadeal
01-29-2009, 10:26 PM

two reasons. who the **** is chase daniels? is he related to chase daniel? also: how is he worth a late round pick? if you're gonna pick a mizzou qb late, pick chase patton. he's not a midget.

Why would he be related to Chase Daniel? One has an "s" on the end of their name. :D

Hal McRae
01-29-2009, 10:27 PM
I like the defensive draft better, as I'm not 100% sold on Sanchez, because I bet he's no bigger than 6' 2", is skinny as a scarecrow and has only one year starting experience. Plus, I wouldn't mind giving Thigpen one more year to prove himself.

Also, I think Barwin, Collie, Fletcher and Krueger will go higher than you project. But if they fall, they will be great picksups for us.

Nonetheless, it's a nice job. I like the emphasis and high motor players, that will leave it all on the field.

Honestly, I can't say I could do any better, so cheers for the effort :thumb:

P.S: I'd rather use a pick on the kicker (even after the Medlock fiasco) than Chase Daniel. So the kicker in round 7; Daniel as a UFA.

The Franchise
01-29-2009, 10:27 PM
...it would go something like this: (1., 2., etc. are based on an offensive leaning draft, and 1a., 2a., etc. would be my defensive minded draft.)

1. Mark Sanchez, QB; USC
- The Chiefs need a stud at quaterback and have to start drafting one right now. I’m convinced that Thigpen throws marshmallows, makes bad reads, “shows” his receiver reads far too easily and wouldn’t/couldn’t be named the starter on any major D1 team right now. Stafford will be in a Detroit hat by the time the Chefs pick, but they need the best QB available and Sanchez is the guy. No more screwing around at this position with has been FA’s or mediocre rookies.

2. Clint Sintim, OLB; UVA
- Tackling machine that has shown he can get to the quarterback (something the Chiefs desperately need). Would be a complete steal if he was here for the Chiefs at the top of the second round.

3. Paul Kruger, DE; Utah
- IMHO, the best defensive end in the draft. Was the best player on a Ute team that dismantled Alabama. Only a redshirt sophomore, and former HS AA at quarterback, Kruger has a massive upside. Motor that won’t quit, incredibly smart, and a knack for being around the ball/play everytime. If memory serves me correctly, he led or was near the top for tackles for a loss in D1 football.

4. Kraig Urbik, OG; UW
- Massive road grader that would be a nice addition to the right side of the line if the Chiefs pick up a quality tackle (such as Loadholt) earlier on in the draft. It would be nice to see the Chiefs have a potent running game and pass protection from the right side of the line – something they haven’t seen since John Tait and Will Shields held down the strong side.

5a. Alex Boone, OT; OSU
- Best tackle available at this point if he’s still on the board. Ask Beanie Wells if he got some holes opened because of Boone.

6. Austin Collie, WR; BYU
- Great hands and good speed (one of those guys who runs even faster when he’s in pads than what he’ll time in a 40 yard dash). Led all D1 receivers in yardage while competing with BYU’s excellent TE Pitta for catches. Knows how to get open and will actually catch the ball once it’s thrown to him. (That would be a refreshing change from a Chief not named Gonzalez or Bowe.)

This.

Extra Point
01-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Too many of these guys will go way too early. Great list, though, save the last entry. If I were to pick Daniel, it would be to convert him to a strong safety.

Saccopoo
01-29-2009, 10:30 PM

So you read the whole post then, since he was my 7th round pick?

Daniel, Daniels...whatever. Like I'd actually take the time to read an MU roster. I heard he was okay for a moonpie eating hillybilly from Columbia.

Sam Hall
01-29-2009, 10:32 PM
I don't think it gets much better than a Sanchez-Sintim combo in the first two rounds.

DeezNutz
01-29-2009, 10:32 PM
That's going to be an amazing competition in camp with Sanchez, Bomar, and Daniel. My only question is why would you throw so much money away on the #3 overall pick when Chase will be starting anyway?

OnTheWarpath15
01-29-2009, 10:37 PM
I like the defensive draft better, as I'm not 100% sold on Sanchez, because I bet he's no bigger than 6' 2", is skinny as a scarecrow and has only one year starting experience. Plus, I wouldn't mind giving Thigpen one more year to prove himself.

Also, I think Barwin, Collie, Fletcher and Krueger will go higher than you project. But if they fall, they will be great picksups for us.

Nonetheless, it's a nice job. I like the emphasis and high motor players, that will leave it all on the field.

Honestly, I can't say I could do any better, so cheers for the effort :thumb:

P.S: I'd rather use a pick on the kicker (even after the Medlock fiasco) than Chase Daniel. So the kicker in round 7; Daniel as a UFA.

How is a guy that's 6-3, 230 pounds skinny?

Ebolapox
01-29-2009, 10:40 PM

Daniel, Daniels...whatever. Like I'd actually take the time to read an MU roster. I heard he was okay for a moonpie eating hillybilly from Columbia.

heh, it was a joke (stopped reading when........)

and *smack*... daniel is from texas, douche.

LiL stumppy
01-29-2009, 10:43 PM
3 qb's? no thank you

blueballs
01-29-2009, 10:44 PM

the banana ones are good

Saccopoo
01-29-2009, 10:50 PM
heh, it was a joke (stopped reading when........)

and *smack*... daniel is from texas, douche.

Texas, Douche.

Is that a US annex or something? Like San Juan, Puerto Rico?

kcchiefsus
01-29-2009, 10:56 PM
I don't mind drafting Sanchez despite his lack of experience but I would love to sign a veteran signal caller to potentially hold the starting spot for a year and give the young guy time to develop. I doubt a guy like Kurt Warner or Kerry Collins would want to come here but if they did then all the better.

Ebolapox
01-29-2009, 10:58 PM
Texas, Douche.

ask your mama. she's hot.

:)

DaneMcCloud
01-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Phil Loadholdt sucks. Plain and simple. He can't play tackle in the NFL and his footwork is atrocious so he's going to have difficulty at guard. Horrible pick.

Chase Daniel is a midget that won't even be drafted. Period.

Bomar's a 7th rounder at best. His completion percentage was below 53%. He's a long, long, long term project at best.

From your list the only guys I like are Sanchez, Sintim and Urbick.

Nice effort though! :thumb:

kcchiefsus
01-29-2009, 11:26 PM
Phil Loadholdt sucks. Plain and simple. He can't play tackle in the NFL and his footwork is atrocious so he's going to have difficulty at guard. Horrible pick.

Chase Daniel is a midget that won't even be drafted. Period.

Bomar's a 7th rounder at best. His completion percentage was below 53%. He's a long, long, long term project at best.

From your list the only guys I like are Sanchez, Sintim and Urbick.

Nice effort though! :thumb:

Loadholt isn't my favorite player by any means but by all sources I have heard he did a pretty decent job during senior bowl week.

Also, Bomar never once had a completion percentage below 53%. Not saying he will be any good but at least get your facts straight.

DaneMcCloud
01-29-2009, 11:36 PM
Loadholt isn't my favorite player by any means but by all sources I have heard he did a pretty decent job during senior bowl week.

Also, Bomar never once had a completion percentage below 53%. Not saying he will be any good but at least get your facts straight.

Loadholt sucked in the Senior Bowl. He was owned. If he lines up at right tackle in the NFL, he get his QB killed.

Bomar's completion percentage was 54% at Oklahoma, 59% his first year and 56% his final year at SHS.

Either way, he's a long term project at best and in no way, shape or form is he worthy of a 3rd round selection.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Texas, Douche.

No. It's a descriptor, much like Oakland, Armpit. Or Denver, Vagina. Or even San Diego, Who gives a shit?

Frosty
01-29-2009, 11:44 PM
No. It's a descriptor, much like Oakland, Armpit. Or Denver, Vagina. Or even San Diego, Who gives a shit?

Seattle, Dipshit

kcchiefsus
01-29-2009, 11:47 PM
Loadholt sucked in the Senior Bowl. He was owned. If he lines up at right tackle in the NFL, he get his QB killed.

Bomar's completion percentage was 54% at Oklahoma, 59% his first year and 56% his final year at SHS.

Either way, he's a long term project at best and in no way, shape or form is he worthy of a 3rd round selection.

Maybe I'm wrong then. From the practice reports I read on draftcountdown.com he seemed to do allright at times but perhaps he struggled alot as well. I do know Marcus McNeill struggled in the senior bowl and he has turned out pretty good. I have no doubt Loadholt can't play left tackle, but I don't think right tackle is completely out of the question.

Like I said, i'm not a fan of Bomar or anything, just nit picking I guess.

DaneMcCloud
01-29-2009, 11:51 PM
Maybe I'm wrong then. From the practice reports I read on draftcountdown.com he seemed to do allright at times but perhaps he struggled alot as well. I do know Marcus McNeill struggled in the senior bowl and he has turned out pretty good. I have no doubt Loadholt can't play left tackle, but I don't think right tackle is completely out of the question.

Like I said, i'm not a fan of Bomar or anything, just nit picking I guess.

Loadholt's footwork was awful. He may be a guard somewhere but I'd be shocked if he became a decent tackle.

Tribal Warfare
01-29-2009, 11:57 PM
Loadholt's footwork was awful. He may be a guard somewhere but I'd be shocked if he became a decent tackle.

personally I was impressed with Herman Johnson's performance at RT at the Senior Bowl. The guy was more fluid at the position than I thought he would be.

Thig Lyfe
01-30-2009, 12:27 AM
DRAFT CHASE MCDANIELSONS

beach tribe
01-30-2009, 12:49 AM
Not too bad N00b.

beach tribe
01-30-2009, 12:54 AM

I think loadholt will be a decent RT. Give the kid a break it's just his opinion, and it's not too bad for average joe. Sure some of he picks are no that great, but he's go some good picks in there as well, and the thread starter says if he was drafting. Just out of curiosity, what's your draft look like?

kstater
01-30-2009, 04:32 AM
Bomar the best QB in the draft?

Mecca
01-30-2009, 04:53 AM
Bomar the best QB in the draft?

Senior QB.

Hound333
01-30-2009, 05:44 AM
3 qb's? no thank you

This

MahiMike
01-30-2009, 07:45 AM
Oh goodie, I'll put my mock sweater on for this...

suds79
01-30-2009, 07:51 AM
It's different but if you're going to hedge your bets, might as well do it on the QB position.

I think if you really wanted to get Daniel, you could snag him as an FA

chop
01-30-2009, 08:23 AM
3 qb's? no thank you

I really don't think he was advocating drafting three QB's. He was giving different options in each round.

Saccopoo
01-30-2009, 11:28 AM
I really don't think he was advocating drafting three QB's. He was giving different options in each round.

Correct. My "1a" list had Brohmar and Daniel, while the "1" list had Sanchez as the only quarterback listed.

And with regards to Loadholt, as it seems to have invoked the most negative comments, I believe that the Chiefs, with their sceond pick, need to take the best available tackle or linebacker (unless said linebacker has already been selected in the first round; i.e., Aaron Curry or Everette Brown). Loadholt, while I don't think has the footspeed/footwork to play left tackle in the NFL, has immense size and very good athleticism in relation to that size. The right side gets a little help from the tight end more often than not, and you don't necessarily need a Willie Roaf clone there. With the addition of Brandon Albert in last years draft, I think that left tackle is decently manned and that they Chiefs desperately need to work on the right side of the line. And unless the Chiefs feel that they can get someone like Alex Boone in the mid-rounds, Loadholt would be the best of the tackles most likely on the board at the top of the second round, and would be a definite upgrade to the Chiefs current situation.

However, that being said, a killer linebacker would be great there and there stands the possibility that an excellent one will be there when the Chiefs pick. This could be the same situation that basically gave the Chiefs Brandon Flowers last year. A run on OT's in the first round (Loadholt potentially might not even be there when the Chiefs select in the second round) might push a very good linebacker to the Chiefs in the top of the second round. As I see the Chiefs potentially going to a 3-4 next year, guys like Clint Sintim (crosses fingers, knocks on wood, etc.), Brian Cushing and Aaron Maybin have the possiblity of being there for the Chiefs second pick.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Correct. My "1a" list had Brohmar and Daniel, while the "1" list had Sanchez as the only quarterback listed.

And with regards to Loadholt, as it seems to have invoked the most negative comments, I believe that the Chiefs, with their sceond pick, need to take the best available tackle or linebacker (unless said linebacker has already been selected in the first round; i.e., Aaron Curry or Everette Brown). Loadholt, while I don't think has the footspeed/footwork to play left tackle in the NFL, has immense size and very good athleticism in relation to that size. The right side gets a little help from the tight end more often than not, and you don't necessarily need a Willie Roaf clone there. With the addition of Brandon Albert in last years draft, I think that left tackle is decently manned and that they Chiefs desperately need to work on the right side of the line. And unless the Chiefs feel that they can get someone like Alex Boone in the mid-rounds, Loadholt would be the best of the tackles most likely on the board at the top of the second round, and would be a definite upgrade to the Chiefs current situation.

However, that being said, a killer linebacker would be great there and there stands the possibility that an excellent one will be there when the Chiefs pick. This could be the same situation that basically gave the Chiefs Brandon Flowers last year. A run on OT's in the first round (Loadholt potentially might not even be there when the Chiefs select in the second round) might push a very good linebacker to the Chiefs in the top of the second round. As I see the Chiefs potentially going to a 3-4 next year, guys like Clint Sintim (crosses fingers, knocks on wood, etc.), Brian Cushing and Aaron Maybin have the possiblity of being there for the Chiefs second pick.

Urbik's is THE guy for the Chiefs at right tackle, IMO. If you go to the draft forum, you'll find plenty of information about him.

Honestly, if Loadholdt weren't a Big 12 player, none of you guys would be as high on him. There are much better offensive lineman in this draft than Loadholdt (Wood, Caldwell, Mack, Unger, Urbik, etc.).

DaKCMan AP
01-30-2009, 11:45 AM
7a. Chase Daniels, QB; MU
- If Daniels is still on the board in the seventh round, the Chiefs would be idiots if they didn’t grab him (and that hurts like hell being a Reesing fan/KU alum). Probably already better than any other QB on the Chiefs roster, he would make a great backup for years.

You lose all credibility.

DaKCMan AP
01-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Urbik's is THE guy for the Chiefs at right tackle, IMO. If you go to the draft forum, you'll find plenty of information about him.

Honestly, if Loadholdt weren't a Big 12 player, none of you guys would be as high on him. There are much better offensive lineman in this draft than Loadholdt (Wood, Caldwell, Mack, Unger, Urbik, etc.).

This. Caldwell, Mack, Unger for C/OG before Loadholt. Hell, I'd take Herman Johnson to play OG before drafting Loadholt.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 12:09 PM
This. Caldwell, Mack, Unger for C/OG before Loadholt. Hell, I'd take Herman Johnson to play OG before drafting Loadholt.

Exactly.

As Tribal mentioned, I too was impressed by Johnson's mobility at the Senior Bowl. I didn't think a guy that large would have the footwork and agility that he possesses and I think he can play right tackle in the NFL.

I don't like Loadholdt at all and wouldn't even consider him before the 6th round. He has too much to learn and may never become an NFL tackle or guard.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Just out of curiosity, what's your draft look like?

I'm working on it but I can honestly say that at this point in time, it doesn't include any Big 12 players.

Saccopoo
01-30-2009, 12:47 PM

I understand that there might be a negative backlash to Big 12 guys here in Big 12 country. We see them more than the rest of the players on a regular basis and, as such, have a little more awareness to some of their flaws or potential flaws than perhaps other players from other conferences that we don't get to see as much on a regular basis. However, that said, Loadholt isn't a stiff by any measure. You don't start at LT at a school like Oklahoma and get AA status playing against what was arguably the best D1 conference in the nation by being a stiff.

Is the potential there for other guys to grow into the tackle position and become substantially better than Loadholt in the long run? You betcha. However, the Chiefs need a body there right now. That's why I'd love to see them pick up a Kraig Urbrik or Alex Boone (who manhandled Brian Arakpo in their bowl game) in rounds three or four if they are there. However, I think that the Chiefs need to seriously look at BPA at OT when they draft in the second round, unless the BPA LB is still on the draft board and is substantially better than BPA OT (such as Sintim, Cushing or Aaron Maybim specifically). Sure Loadholt is not going to be, nor has the long term potential of a Michael Oher or Eugene Monroe, but he's got more potential than what we currently have.

Perhaps I should have just stated BPA OT rather than have the gall to actually name names. So, in a corrective action, please disregard the name Phil Loadholt from my original post, and put in BPA OT. This could mean a melange of players which now include Eben Britton, Bill Beatty, Fenuki Tupou, and yes, even Phil Loadholt.

God, I hope Sintim is available in the second when the Chiefs pick...

The Franchise
01-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Isn't the knock on the Big12 that their defenses suck?

DaKCMan AP
01-30-2009, 12:52 PM
I understand that there might be a negative backlash to Big 12 guys here in Big 12 country. We see them more than the rest of the players on a regular basis and, as such, have a little more awareness to some of their flaws or potential flaws than perhaps other players from other conferences that we don't get to see as much on a regular basis. However, that said, Loadholt isn't a stiff by any measure. You don't start at LT at a school like Oklahoma and get AA status playing against what was arguably the best D1 conference in the nation by being a stiff.

Is the potential there for other guys to grow into the tackle position and become substantially better than Loadholt in the long run? You betcha. However, the Chiefs need a body there right now. That's why I'd love to see them pick up a Kraig Urbrik or Alex Boone (who manhandled Brian Arakpo in their bowl game) in rounds three or four if they are there. However, I think that the Chiefs need to seriously look at BPA at OT when they draft in the second round, unless the BPA LB is still on the draft board and is substantially better than BPA OT (such as Sintim, Cushing or Aaron Maybim specifically). Sure Loadholt is not going to be, nor has the long term potential of a Michael Oher or Eugene Monroe, but he's got more potential than what we currently have.

Perhaps I should have just stated BPA OT rather than have the gall to actually name names. So, in a corrective action, please disregard the name Phil Loadholt from my original post, and put in BPA OT. This could mean a melange of players which now include Eben Britton, Bill Beatty, Fenuki Tupou, and yes, even Phil Loadholt.

God, I hope Sintim is available in the second when the Chiefs pick...

You are overvaluing the position. You can get a RT in the 3rd, 4th or 5th round. You don't need to target one at the top of the 2nd.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 12:53 PM

Is the potential there for other guys to grow into the tackle position and become substantially better than Loadholt in the long run? You betcha. However, the Chiefs need a body there right now. Sure Loadholt is not going to be, nor has the long term potential of a Michael Oher or Eugene Monroe, but he's got more potential than what we currently have.

This could mean a melange of players which now include Eben Britton, Bill Beatty, Fenuki Tupou, and yes, even Phil Loadholt.

Loadholdt didn't block in a Pro-Style offense. He blocked in the spread. That's very, very different. I think he has a very difficult transition to make to the NFL. Did you watch the Senior Bowl?

And personally, I think that Richardson has more potential than Loadholdt and that's not saying much. Furthermore, you don't draft a tackle in the second round based on potential. If you draft offensive lineman in rounds 1-4, they should be penciled in as opening day starters. Period.

I'm not going to argue the Big 12's stature but they're NOT the best D1 conference in the nation.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Isn't the knock on the Big12 that their defenses suck?

Their defenses suck and the majority of the offenses are the spread.

The Franchise
01-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Their defenses suck and the majority of the offenses are the spread.

This is my point. If the defenses suck...then doesn't that make the O-line look even better?

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 12:56 PM
This is my point. If the defenses suck...then doesn't that make the O-line look even better?

Yes, which was clearly evident in the National Championship game.

Oklahoma tried four time to punch it in from the goal line and couldn't.

Sound familiar?

DaKCMan AP
01-30-2009, 12:57 PM

Yes. Which is why Boone's manhandling of Orakpo in the Fiesta Bowl says more about Orakpo than Boone.

Saccopoo
01-30-2009, 01:21 PM
You are overvaluing the position. You can get a RT in the 3rd, 4th or 5th round. You don't need to target one at the top of the 2nd.

I don't necessarily think that looking at a BPA OT in the second round is "overvaluing" the position. Seems to me that a lot of people believe that offensive tackle is a somewhat important position on a NFL football team. It also seems to me that the Chiefs concept of picking up a quality starting RT in the third, fourth or fifth round hasn't necessarily worked out to well. Best chiefs RT since whenever? John Tait. Let's see...when was he selected? I'm with Mark Schlereth and think you can pick up a decent guard at most truck stops, but not with a tackle. It is a position of extremely high value, and one that the Chiefs have obviously undervalued for a long time and it has greatly effected the overall performance of this team since Carl f'ed up the John Tait deal.

Will Loadholt end up being another Leonard Davis? Maybe. Maybe not. But he's not the stiff that people are trying to make him out to be, regardless of his one game senior bowl showing, which I didn't think was all that bad considering that he was coming off the last college game played and probably was in a bit of a funk due to the outcome. The Senior Bowl, like the Draft combine, isn't the end all be all of analyzing a prospect and you have to take their collective work as a whole and then make sure that player fits the type of system you plan on running. If the Chiefs continue to run a spread/pistol/whathaveyou offense like they did this last year, at least to me, it would make sense to get a tackle in here that was highly regarded playing in such an offense. Who knows whose going to be their coach at this point? (Just thank christ it wasn't Shanahan.) But whoever it is going to be, the right tackle position is a position of major significance for the Chiefs this next season. They have definitely UNDERvalued it for far too long.

DaKCMan AP
01-30-2009, 01:26 PM
I don't necessarily think that looking at a BPA OT in the second round is "overvaluing" the position. Seems to me that a lot of people believe that offensive tackle is a somewhat important position on a NFL football team. It also seems to me that the Chiefs concept of picking up a quality starting RT in the third, fourth or fifth round hasn't necessarily worked out to well. Best chiefs RT since whenever? John Tait. Let's see...when was he selected? I'm with Mark Schlereth and think you can pick up a decent guard at most truck stops, but not with a tackle. It is a position of extremely high value, and one that the Chiefs have obviously undervalued for a long time and it has greatly effected the overall performance of this team since Carl f'ed up the John Tait deal.

Will Loadholt end up being another Leonard Davis? Maybe. Maybe not. But he's not the stiff that people are trying to make him out to be, regardless of his one game senior bowl showing, which I didn't think was all that bad considering that he was coming off the last college game played and probably was in a bit of a funk due to the outcome. The Senior Bowl, like the Draft combine, isn't the end all be all of analyzing a prospect and you have to take their collective work as a whole and then make sure that player fits the type of system you plan on running. If the Chiefs continue to run a spread/pistol/whathaveyou offense like they did this last year, at least to me, it would make sense to get a tackle in here that was highly regarded playing in such an offense. Who knows whose going to be their coach at this point? (Just thank christ it wasn't Shanahan.) But whoever it is going to be, the right tackle position is a position of major significance for the Chiefs this next season. They have definitely UNDERvalued it for far too long.

Your argument is faulty for 1) using John Tait as an example when he was drafted to play LEFT tackle, not RIGHT tackle and 2) using Mark Schlereth as a source and stating that you agree with him. Phil Loadholt isn't even remotely close to the 34th best player in the draft.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 01:28 PM

I'm sorry, there's just too much nonsense in this post to ignore.

First, John Tait was drafted #14 OVERALL to be a LEFT TACKLE. It absolutely SUCKED ASS that the Chiefs had to send a valuable third round choice (though apparently not valuable to Vermeil, who would have found a way to waste it anyway) just three years AFTER Taint was drafted in the first. That's an absolute WASTE of a draft pick. Actually, it's a waste of two draft picks!

Secondly, the Chiefs haven't "undervalued" anything. They've had horrible drafts for nearly two decades due to one man: Carl Peterson. They drafted for need when Marty was coaching and they drafted for need under Vermeil.

Now, they need just about EVERYTHING.

Furthermore, you don't waste a second round pick on a right tackle just because you NEED one. That's ludicrous and is exactly how the Chiefs became to have the most talent-depleted roster in the entire NFL.

Lastly, Loadholdt will NOT get a 2nd round grade. His feet are horrible. Besides that it's just plain DUMB to spend a 2nd round pick on a left tackle when guys drafted from rounds 3 to 5 can step in and be immediate, legitimate starters.

Look no further than Carl Nicks, who was chosen by the Saints last year. Where? The fifth round. All he did was start at left tackle for 15 games for the best and most potent offense in the league.

Chiefnj2
01-30-2009, 01:38 PM

First, John Tait was drafted #14 OVERALL to be a LEFT TACKLE. It absolutely SUCKED ASS that the Chiefs had to send a valuable third round choice (though apparently not valuable to Vermeil, who would have found a way to waste it anyway) just three years AFTER Taint was drafted in the first. That's an absolute WASTE of a draft pick. Actually, it's a waste of two draft picks!

Secondly, the Chiefs haven't "undervalued" anything. They've had horrible drafts for nearly two decades due to one man: Carl Peterson. They drafted for need when Marty was coaching and they drafted for need under Vermeil.

Furthermore, you don't waste a second round pick on a right tackle just because you NEED one. That's ludicrous and is exactly how the Chiefs became to have the most talent-depleted roster in the entire NFL.

Lastly, Loadholdt will NOT get a 2nd round grade. His feet are horrible. Besides that it's just plain DUMB to spend a 2nd round pick on a left tackle when guys drafted from rounds 3 to 5 can step in and be immediate, legitimate starters.

Look no further than Carl Nicks, who was chosen by the Saints last year. Where? The fifth round. All he did was start at left tackle for 15 games for the best and most potent offense in the league.

You think giving up a third round pick for Roaf was a waste?

The Franchise
01-30-2009, 01:40 PM
You think giving up a third round pick for Roaf was a waste?

I don't think he's knocking Roaf. I think he's pissed of the fact that we already had our LT.....and we traded a 3rd round choice for one and then moved the 1st round LT that we drafted over to RT. Who we then allowed to leave in FA.

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2009, 01:40 PM
I don't think he's knocking Roaf. I think he's pissed of the fact that we already had our LT.....and we traded a 3rd round choice for one and then moved the 1st round LT that we drafted over to RT. Who we then allowed to leave in FA.

This.

Chiefnj2
01-30-2009, 01:44 PM

Tait wasn't a very good LT. KC didn't have much choice letting him go with the poison pill and bad history with Carl.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 01:52 PM

This.

Yep

Saccopoo
01-30-2009, 02:38 PM

I don't think Tait nor Roaf was a waste. Two legit studs at the tackles for a 1st and a 3rd? Isn't that what is expected from such picks?

So, what are you advocating? BPA regardless of position of need? You want to end up like the Lions, continually drafting the same player/position because it's the best player available regardless? Talk about a tremendous waste of a pick. And it's dumb to say it's dumb to spend a second round pick on a tackle when one can be had in the later rounds. Every position can be had in the later rounds. Brady, QB - 6th. Brandon Marshall, WR - 4th. Jared Allen, DE - 4th round. Priest Holmes, RB - FA. And we could go on and on and on and on and on, ad nauseum. There are also examples like Jake Long and Joe Thomas, both taken in the first round as, yes, you guessed it, tackles, and they contributed significantly to their teams right from the start.

Chiefs have a lot of needs, and everyone knows it. But the key to any success for any team in the NFL boils down to three basic things -

1. A very good/great quarterback.
2. A solid wall of continuity to protect said quarterback, i.e., a quality offensive line.
3. The ability to generate pressure on the oppositions quarterback and hold the run in check without having to rely on blitzes.

If a team can accomplish these three things, they have a legitimate chance to win every game.

Other positions? Inconsequential. How many Super Bowls has New England won with Randy Moss and Wes Welker, versus the likes of Deon Branch and Troy Brown? Cornerback? They are only successful approximately 30% of the time, and how many Super Bowls has the greatest cornerback of the last ten years, Champ Bailey, been associated with?

So, in looking at it in this light, is how I did my mock. Chiefs greatest needs - Quarterback, Offensive line, Linebacker, Rush Defensive End. Get the best player available at those positions when they pick. I'm sorry that you don't agree with my pick of Loadholt. (That's why I also have the alternative of Clint Sintim there as well.) However, to say that picking a tackle in the second round is dumb, especially for the Chiefs to do so, is, IMHO, dumb. It's a position of huge need.

DaKCMan AP
01-30-2009, 03:00 PM
There are also examples like Jake Long and Joe Thomas, both taken in the first round as, yes, you guessed it, tackles, and they contributed significantly to their teams right from the start.

You. Just. Don't. Get it. Jake Long and Joe Thomas were drafted to play LEFT TACKLE. John Tait was drafted to play LEFT TACKLE. Willie Roaf was a LEFT TACKLE. Do you not understand the difference in value between a LEFT TACKLE and a RIGHT TACKLE?

The Franchise
01-30-2009, 03:02 PM
God I wish people would stop bringing up Tom Brady as a reason to wait until the 6th round to draft a QB. The argument is retarded.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 03:02 PM
However, to say that picking a tackle in the second round is dumb, especially for the Chiefs to do so, is, IMHO, dumb. It's a position of huge need.

The 34th best player in the 2009 NFL Draft will NOT be Phil Loadholdt or any other right tackle.

To think otherwise means that you have no understanding of how the draft should be handled.

The Franchise
01-30-2009, 03:03 PM
I don't think Tait nor Roaf was a waste. Two legit studs at the tackles for a 1st and a 3rd? Isn't that what is expected from such picks?

So, what are you advocating? BPA regardless of position of need? You want to end up like the Lions, continually drafting the same player/position because it's the best player available regardless? Talk about a tremendous waste of a pick. And it's dumb to say it's dumb to spend a second round pick on a tackle when one can be had in the later rounds. Every position can be had in the later rounds. Brady, QB - 6th. Brandon Marshall, WR - 4th. Jared Allen, DE - 4th round. Priest Holmes, RB - FA. And we could go on and on and on and on and on, ad nauseum. There are also examples like Jake Long and Joe Thomas, both taken in the first round as, yes, you guessed it, tackles, and they contributed significantly to their teams right from the start.

Chiefs have a lot of needs, and everyone knows it. But the key to any success for any team in the NFL boils down to three basic things -

1. A very good/great quarterback.
2. A solid wall of continuity to protect said quarterback, i.e., a quality offensive line.
3. The ability to generate pressure on the oppositions quarterback and hold the run in check without having to rely on blitzes.

If a team can accomplish these three things, they have a legitimate chance to win every game.

Other positions? Inconsequential. How many Super Bowls has New England won with Randy Moss and Wes Welker, versus the likes of Deon Branch and Troy Brown? Cornerback? They are only successful approximately 30% of the time, and how many Super Bowls has the greatest cornerback of the last ten years, Champ Bailey, been associated with?

So, in looking at it in this light, is how I did my mock. Chiefs greatest needs - Quarterback, Offensive line, Linebacker, Rush Defensive End. Get the best player available at those positions when they pick. I'm sorry that you don't agree with my pick of Loadholt. (That's why I also have the alternative of Clint Sintim there as well.) However, to say that picking a tackle in the second round is dumb, especially for the Chiefs to do so, is, IMHO, dumb. It's a position of huge need.

Right Tackle is WAYYYYYYYYY different than Left Tackle.

DaKCMan AP
01-30-2009, 03:08 PM
God I wish people would stop bringing up Tom Brady as a reason to wait until the 6th round to draft a QB. The argument is retarded.

Duh, you should wait until the 7th round and draft Matt Cassel. ;)

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Duh, you should wait until the 7th round and draft Matt Cassel. ;)

I could take all of these amateur mock drafts by Chiefsplanet members much more seriously if they didn't include a single Big 12 player or former Big 12 player (ahem, Bomar? LMAO).

DaKCMan AP
01-30-2009, 03:17 PM
I could take all of these amateur mock drafts by Chiefsplanet members much more seriously if they didn't include a single Big 12 player or former Big 12 player (ahem, Bomar? LMAO).

All we have to do is draft Chase Daniel, Chase Patton, Graham Harrell, Rhett Bomar and Phil Loadholt and we will be teh sUperZ awesomes!1112~1!!!!!!!!!!

ChiefsCountry
01-30-2009, 03:17 PM

Well to be fair, Pioli drafted out of the Big 12 the most during his run with Pats. It was 1 more than the SEC.

The Franchise
01-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Duh, you should wait until the 7th round and draft Chase Patton. ;)

FYP

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Well to be fair, Pioli drafted out of the Big 12 the most during his run with Pats. It was 1 more than the SEC.

And to be fair, I think we'd all all be stunned if that were the case with the 2009 draft.

:D

ChiefsCountry
01-30-2009, 03:40 PM
And to be fair, I think we'd all all be stunned if that were the case with the 2009 draft.

:D

True, but I can see them taking a Big 12 player in the draft. Not very high though.

Saccopoo
01-30-2009, 04:20 PM

Yeah...that would make for a perfect draft. We all know guys like Crabtree, Maclin, Robinson, Pettigrew, Moore, Orakpo, Harrell, Freeman, Hood, Loadholt, Coffman, Iglesias among others should not be drafted and anybody that puts them in their mock draft is an idiot and should be immediately discounted because we all know that you have said that all Big 12 players suck dog nuts and will never be drafted because of said suckiness.

Awesome stuff dude. I am holding my breath waiting to see what you come up with in your no Big 12 players allowed super realistic, what anyone who knows anything about what the NFL draft is supposed to be mock (no, make that the bible by which all NFL directors of player personel, head coaches, scouts, general managers and owners will be using because only people who advocate a Big 12 player ban knows anything at all about the NFL draft) draft.

I was going to predict that you have the Lions selecting Crabtree first, because, of course, he's the best player in the draft, and only retards draft on need...

'03
Ford: "Matt...you will draft the best player at the #2 selection."

Millen: "Yes master...Charles Rogers caught many touchdowns. He is worthy."

'04
Ford: "Best player available again Matthew?"
Millen: "We wouldn't have it any other way. Roy Williams it is."

'05
Ford: "I'm taking crap from the parking attendants. You better get the best damn player available in this draft."
Millen: "I'm on it chief. There's this stud out of Southern California named Mike Williams. He's our guy."

'06
Ford: "Matt, if your best player on the board is a wideout, I'm personally going to put your balls in the door frame welder down at the factory."
Millen: "No sir, we got our eye on a linebacker this year!"

'07
Ford: "mumbles something about warm soup"
Millen: "Here's our card! Let's get that guy from Georgia Tech that SI did a story on! What? The Denver Broncos are on the phone and want to trade up and are willing to give us a 1st, 3rd, 5th and another first for this pick?! Shanahan is crazier and dumber than me! This guy has got to be the best player on the board! Send in that f'ing card!"

'08
Ford: ...the sound of a breathing apparatus and the soft drip of an IV is heard in the background...
Millen: mutters to himself..."Man, that Brandon Marshall kid looks f'ing good..." takes a quick puff on what looks to be a homemade pipe crafted from stolen plumbing supplies..."...the press will slaughter me...not another wide out...cough...cough...draft for need...remember what the Ford kid said...cement...dock workers..." a series of quick puffs "...fine..."

"You! Yeah, you with the nachos...read this draft report I printed off the internet and tell me who they say is the best offensive tackle left..."

"What?! Otah?! That sounds muslim...whose next? No, not him, the next guy...yeah...Cherilus...thats as midwestern as it gets...f'ers will finally get off my back now...but that Marshall kid sure looks sweet..." puff puff

The Franchise
01-30-2009, 04:23 PM
:spock:

KCrockaholic
01-30-2009, 04:31 PM
Who the F*** is Chase Daniels? I swear I saw a Chase Daniel on MU's roster last year, idk...If I had to pick a Mizzou QB, Ill take Chase Patton.

CoMoChief
01-30-2009, 04:31 PM
I dont understand why people want to take a 3rd overall pick on Sanchez.

Esp after only starting 1 yr in college......at the most difficult postition.

This could very well blow up in our faces more so than the ryan Sims pick did.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 04:34 PM

Apparently, you've never seen him play nor have you watched any game footage.

Furthermore, no one is expecting him to start and lead the Chiefs to 11 wins next season. Philip Rivers sat on the bench for two years, Carson Palmer for one, so and and etc.

If you think that Sanchez is a franchise QB, you grab him. Plain and simple.

The Franchise
01-30-2009, 04:35 PM

I don't understand why people are so scared to take a QB with the #3 pick? Let's pass on the opportunity to have a franchise QB that could lead this team for the next 10 years.....for the opportunity to waste it on a position that we could easily fill later on in the draft.

And get over this whole "Sanchez doesn't have experience" argument. The guy has been repeatedly talked about as being just as talented....if not more than Stafford. The same people that argue that Sanchez doesn't have experience....are the same ones who want us to fucking trade for Cassell.

ChiefsCountry
01-30-2009, 04:38 PM
CoMo is just a retard who if he doesnt like a guy means he is actually pretty good. Its like roy3.

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2009, 04:49 PM
And get over this whole "Sanchez doesn't have experience" argument. The guy has been repeatedly talked about as being just as talented....if not more than Stafford. The same people that argue that Sanchez doesn't have experience....are the same ones who want us to fucking trade for Cassell.

Exactly.

Sanchez is more "pro ready" than Stafford, as has started 2 fewer years.

That speaks VOLUMES, considering that before Sanchez declared, Stafford was considered the top pick.

No one was talking about Sanchez because everyone assumed he'd return to SC, just like Leinart and Palmer did.

DeezNutz
01-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Stafford was on the radio earlier today (810 with Petro) and sounded like a very bright kid. Petro also interviewed Stafford's dad. It seems like the kid has a very solid foundation, personally speaking.

I was impressed.

Not much in the way of content. But the kid represented himself well. Wasn't arrogant, but confident. Stressed the importance of team.

The Franchise
01-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Exactly.

Sanchez is more "pro ready" than Stafford, as has started 2 fewer years.

That speaks VOLUMES, considering that before Sanchez declared, Stafford was considered the top pick.

No one was talking about Sanchez because everyone assumed he'd return to SC, just like Leinart and Palmer did.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if by Draft day.....everyone thinks the Lions will take Sanchez and not Stafford.

CoMoChief
01-30-2009, 05:52 PM
Apparently, you've never seen him play nor have you watched any game footage.

Furthermore, no one is expecting him to start and lead the Chiefs to 11 wins next season. Philip Rivers sat on the bench for two years, Carson Palmer for one, so and and etc.

If you think that Sanchez is a franchise QB, you grab him. Plain and simple.

Ive seen him play, and to be honest he didn't exactly have a WOW season.

Fuck, his coach said he wasn't ready.......thats a better source of info than ohhh I dunno ANYONE WHOS EVER BEEN ON THIS BOARD.

And if you say anything about Carrol trying to force him to stay simply because he doesn't wanna develope another QB this season just proves you're retarded. Most coaches would tell you to go pro if they thought you were ready.

CoMoChief
01-30-2009, 05:54 PM
I personally think this is a weak draft for the top 5. This definately makes for the worst QB class in some time.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 06:00 PM
Ive seen him play, and to be honest he didn't exactly have a WOW season.

Yeah, you're right.

241 for 366 attempts, a 65.8 completion percentage, 34 TD's versus 10 INT's with an overall QB rating of a whopping 164.6.

Yep, not impressive at all.

:rolleyes:

The Franchise
01-30-2009, 06:03 PM
Yeah, you're right.

241 for 366 attempts, a 65.8 completion percentage, 34 TD's versus 10 INT's with an overall QB rating of a whopping 164.6.

BUT HE ONLY PLAYED ONE SEASON!!!!11111!1!1!

CoMoChief
01-30-2009, 06:05 PM
Yeah, you're right.

I wish I played in the Pac-10 too.

CoMoChief
01-30-2009, 06:07 PM
BUT HE ONLY PLAYED ONE SEASON!!!!11111!1!1!

You want to name another underclassman that started only 1 season, then went to the NFL and ended up have a great career?

I'll take Carroll's word before any dumbass' on this board.

The Franchise
01-30-2009, 06:07 PM

You're priceless.

The Franchise
01-30-2009, 06:08 PM
You want to name another underclassman that started only 1 season, then went to the NFL and ended up have a great career?

I'll take Carroll's word before any dumbass' on this board.

Everyone has a hard on for Cassell.

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2009, 06:09 PM

The Pac-10 who was the only conference to go undefeated in their bowl games?

5-0, including a win against the "superior" Big 12.

4 of those 5 wins against teams in the final 20 of the BCS rankings.

http://i42.tinypic.com/23rl5zq.jpg

theorangelion
01-30-2009, 06:12 PM
What makes you think Sanchez is a stud? Qb in 1st Round is a huge mistake. Pioli won't go there.

The Franchise
01-30-2009, 06:14 PM
What makes you think Sanchez is a stud? Qb in 1st Round is a huge mistake. Pioli won't go there.

I never figured that Pioli would join Chiefsplanet and use the name of theorangelion. You have no fucking clue what he's going to do...just like any of us. So saying that is something that he WON'T do....shows how retarded you are.

CoMoChief
01-30-2009, 06:18 PM
The Pac-10 who was the only conference to go undefeated in their bowl games?

5-0, including a win against the "superior" Big 12.

4 of those 5 wins against teams in the final 20 of the BCS rankings.

http://i42.tinypic.com/23rl5zq.jpg

The win against Okla St is the only impressive win out of those 5. Most the other teams Pac 10 played in bowl games didn't deserve to be ranked where they were.

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2009, 06:19 PM
The win against Okla St is the only impressive win out of those 5. Most the other teams Pac 10 played in bowl games didn't deserve to be ranked where they were.

ROFL

CoMoChief
01-30-2009, 06:25 PM
ROFL

If you think the win over the extremely overrated Penn St team who played in a BCS worst Big10 conf...............then I guess whatever makes you feel better.

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2009, 06:27 PM
If you think the win over the extremely overrated Penn St team who played in a BCS worst Big10 conf...............then I guess whatever makes you feel better.

Please, keep talking.

After the day I had today, I need all the laughs I can get.

Only on ChiefsPlanet:

A guy that thinks he's smarter than college coaches, and a guy that thinks NFL GM's are all retards for using the draft chart.

Comedy fucking gold.

CoMoChief
01-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Please, keep talking.

After the day I had today, I need all the laughs I can get.

Only on ChiefsPlanet:

A guy that thinks he's smarter than college coaches, and a guy that thinks NFL GM's are all retards for using the draft chart.

Comedy ****ing gold.

You're pimping Sanchez when Carroll (who IMO has better knowledge of the whole situation than any of us here) told him to stay because he wasn't ready.

Just like Carroll, I dont think he's ready. Keep trying though

theorangelion
01-30-2009, 06:46 PM
I never figured that Pioli would join Chiefsplanet and use the name of theorangelion. You have no ****ing clue what he's going to do...just like any of us. So saying that is something that he WON'T do....shows how retarded you are.

Only a moron with hair all over his face that looks a wet rat died on it would think that Pioli would be so stupid has to draft a Qb in the first. Remember bozo that this is the MAN that drafted Brady in the 6th.:cuss:

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2009, 06:46 PM
You're pimping Sanchez when Carroll (who IMO has better knowledge of the whole situation than any of us here) told him to stay because he wasn't ready.

So, Pete Carroll says he's not ready, yet the NFL seems to think he's a Top 5 pick. I know who I would trust in that situation.

Hint: It's not the guy who failed miserably in the NFL...

Pete Carroll also told Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart they weren't ready too.

Some say Pete cost Leinart a LOT of money.

If you don't think he's ready, fine - just say that.

But quit making up stupid excuses to try to support your opinion that he's not ready.

theorangelion
01-30-2009, 06:47 PM
Curry is a much better pick at #1

DaKCMan AP
01-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Only a moron with hair all over his face that looks a wet rat died on it would think that Pioli would be so stupid has to draft a Qb in the first. Remember bozo that this is the MAN that drafted Brady in the 6th.:cuss:

If you're someone's dupe account, it's not funny. If you're not, go away stupid n00b. Either way, kill yourself.

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2009, 06:49 PM

Uh, remember "bozo" that they already had a 1st round pick in Bledsoe.

Pioli has never drafted a QB high because HE'S NEVER HAD TO.

Trying to dissect what Pioli will do based on what he did in NE is a ridiculous waste of time.

He's going to do what HE thinks is best for the future of the Kansas City Chiefs.

The Franchise
01-30-2009, 06:50 PM

There it is again. The old "Brady in the 6th round" argument. God I love these people.

Just remember...Pioli never drafted a QB in the 1st round because he had Bledsoe and Brady. Try again.

theorangelion
01-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Uh, remember "bozo" that they already had a 1st round pick in Bledsoe.

Pioli has never drafted a QB high because HE'S NEVER HAD TO.

Trying to dissect what Pioli will do based on what he did in NE is a ridiculous waste of time.

He's going to do what HE thinks is best for the future of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Yeah and in 2000 Bledsoe had a 5-11 season

theorangelion
01-30-2009, 06:55 PM
There it is again. The old "Brady in the 6th round" argument. God I love these people.

Just remember...Pioli never drafted a QB in the 1st round because he had Bledsoe and Brady. Try again.

Your missing the point hair face. Pioli will not draft a QB in the first round. Get a grip retard!

OnTheWarpath15

Yeah?

And?

theorangelion
If you're someone's dupe account, it's not funny. If you're not, go away stupid n00b. Either way, kill yourself.

You wish dirt bag I'm here to stay.

The Franchise
01-30-2009, 06:56 PM

Yes because everytime a QB has a bad season.......the team should go out and draft another QB in the 1st round.

The Franchise
01-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Your missing the point hair face. Pioli will not draft a QB in the first round. Get a grip retard!

Hair face? Really? I see that we're arguing with a 12 year old.

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Looks like I'm actually going to have to start using FfVb....

theorangelion
01-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Yeah?

And?

Otherwise that great #1 pick was not even Pioli's you Moron's. Pioli did not join the Patriots until 2000 and Bledsoe was drafted in 1993. Look up your fucking history before you starting opening your shit holes.

kstater
01-30-2009, 07:01 PM

Sigh...

theorangelion
01-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Sigh...

kstater what's up? Let's tango. Bitch slap any puppies today?

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 07:21 PM

No, you don't know what you're talking about. Period.

I wasn't going to share this but I'm so sick and fucking tired of retards like yourself that think they know EVERYTHING about Sanchez, based a press conference or a bowl game.

This came from a friend of mine who's a very prominent USC booster regarding Sanchez. And I'll take his word over it 10,000 more times than yours:

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cmikeplas%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> [I]Carroll was obviously "hurt" by his departure - he probably does legitimately think Sanchez would benefit from another year but honestly, EVERY QB would. He'll learn more at SC than riding bench, unless he gets to start.

Carroll knows that he just went from strongly favored to advance to title game, to playing with a first year QB (or in case of Mustain, someone with 8 starts). It didn't bother me. XXXXX thinks he's catching too much heat for it. You could say that wasn't the place for him to say that, but you know what, it will never be relevant again. Sanchez is gone now, so that topic is over. That was Carroll's only shot to say what he felt.

<o></o>

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 07:22 PM

Walk into an AIDS tree

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Walk into an AIDS tree

ROFL

kstater
01-30-2009, 07:32 PM
kstater what's up? Let's tango. Bitch slap any puppies today?

Only your Mom.

theorangelion
01-30-2009, 07:34 PM
Only your Mom.

That's good my mom's ass looks like your face.

kstater
01-30-2009, 07:35 PM
That's good my mom's ass looks like your face.

Kind of scary that you know what your mom's ass looks like.

theorangelion
01-30-2009, 07:38 PM
I wasn't going to share this but I'm so sick and ****ing tired of retards like yourself that think they know EVERYTHING about Sanchez, based a press conference or a bowl game.

This came from a friend of mine who's a very prominent USC booster regarding Sanchez. And I'll take his word over it 10,000 more times than yours:

Your friend the towel boy? Or is he a coach or someone who might actually have an opinion worth considering? YOU brought it up but do you have any real facts or just your friends beliefs?

Mecca
01-30-2009, 07:38 PM
I think this orangelion guy is this years findthedr.

Look I'm an SC fan Carroll was butt hurt because without Sanchez SC goes from possible preseason 1 to maybe the first year they haven't won 11 games in a decade, basically the entire defense is also gone.

theorangelion
01-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Kind of scary that you know what your mom's ass looks like.

Big fat and hairy just like your face. And by the way she farts dust kind of like your posts.

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2009, 07:40 PM
I think this orangelion guy is this years findthedr

Nah.

findthedr made some sense on rare occasions...

theorangelion
01-30-2009, 07:40 PM

Look I'm an SC fan Carroll was butt hurt because without Sanchez SC goes from possible preseason 1 to maybe the first year they haven't won 11 games in a decade, basically the entire defense is also gone.

Excuse the n00b but what is findthedr?

Mecca
01-30-2009, 07:42 PM
I just love the rampant fear of a QB who is frankly as good of a prospect as Stafford when you take the pros and cons of each one.

theorangelion
01-30-2009, 07:44 PM
THE BIG BOYS HAVE ALL MOVED ON TO A NEW THREAD. n00B got emROFL

Mecca
01-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Why am I not surprised this guy is from Texas.

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Why am I not surprised this guy is from Texas.

They apparently aren't executing retards fast enough down there.

Mecca
01-30-2009, 07:49 PM
You know there is a portion of this fan base that I hate, and he sums it up. He has no desire to win a superbowl, he has a desire to see the Chiefs win 8-11 games, have a good home record and go to the playoffs sometimes.

People like that are more concerned with what I call the Chiefs social event every weekend than they are about being a great team. Being a great team takes risk, they'd rather take no risk so their social party can be had every year instead of the off chance that something doesn't work out and we go 2-14.

There are to many people that think that we have to make some stupid pick like Aaron Curry because my god we went 2-14 we need to find a way to win 7 games next year.

ChiefsCountry
01-30-2009, 07:50 PM

No, findthedr actually tried to make a logical argument. He did find alot of cool stats but was just a douchebag with a man crush on Long and Laws. This lion dude is just total douchebag.

SAUTO
01-30-2009, 07:51 PM
No, findthedr actually tried to make a logical argument. He did find alot of cool stats but was just a douchebag with a man crush on Long and Laws. This lion dude is just total douchebag.

i'm still laughing at mecca saying carroll got butt hurtROFL

Mecca
He represents a view numerous people have...

If some people from this forum ran our draft board we'd draft an OT with the first pick every year.

theorangelion
I just love the rampant fear of a QB who is frankly as good of a prospect as Stafford when you take the pros and cons of each one.

Give me a fucking break. Sanchez is a joke another fucking wetback who wants a fast buck. We Texans know all about wet backs.

kstater
01-30-2009, 07:52 PM

According to my unnamed high ranking CP source, this guy is not believed to be a dupe.

kstater
01-30-2009, 07:52 PM
aaaand bye.

Mecca
01-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Give me a fucking break. Sanchez is a joke another fucking wetback who wants a fast buck. We Texans know all about wet backs.

Ok racist remark......

This reminds me of a guy on the NFLDC forums that said Sanchez wouldn't be good and he'd never take him because his name is "Sanchez" and well how many good NFL players are named that?

If you're really going to go there it's one of the absolute most idiotic things that you can say.

OnTheWarpath15
aaaand bye.

I have him on ignore.

Did he get banned?

theorangelion

And what makes you a fucking expert on douchebags? Personal experience?

kstater
01-30-2009, 07:54 PM
I have him on ignore.

Did he get banned?

Not yet, but probably soon.

Mecca
I have him on ignore.

Did he get banned?

He called Sanchez a wetback...

He said and I quote..

"Give me a fucking break. Sanchez is a joke another fucking wetback who wants a fast buck. We Texans know all about wet backs."

Mizzou_8541

Texas, actually. The moonpie eating hillbilly from columbia would be Chase Pattons.

theorangelion
01-30-2009, 07:56 PM
I have him on ignore.

Did he get banned?

You have me on ignore? Banned after 100+ some posts? Hell, I was just having fun it was nothing personal. I thought that is what forums were for.:D

OnTheWarpath15
01-30-2009, 07:56 PM
He called Sanchez a wetback...

He said and I quote..

"Give me a fucking break. Sanchez is a joke another fucking wetback who wants a fast buck. We Texans know all about wet backs."

:shake:

Mecca
01-30-2009, 07:57 PM
Sanchez is a QB from the college team in LA, so I'm not at all surprised to see some of the midwesterns act like he's the worst thing ever.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 07:59 PM
You have me on ignore? Banned after 100+ some posts? Hell, I was just having fun it was nothing personal. I thought that is what forums were for.:D

No

theorangelion
01-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Sanchez is a QB from the college team in LA, so I'm not at all surprised to see some of the midwesterns act like he's the worst thing ever.

I was being very facetious. I just think that in a very small pool of Qb's this year that a junior is not the way to go. You Veteran CP's get so steamed so easy. Immediately you go for the throat of the n00b. Chill. Its all in fun. Just because you have over 10K post you think you are an expert. Guess what CP was not and is not the only Forum that has ever been. So get over yourselves.

theorangelion
01-30-2009, 08:05 PM
No

So tell me Dane what are forums for? Your personal bitch session?

Mecca
01-30-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm going to go off on anyone who has a retarded draft take I don't care how many posts they have.

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 09:31 PM
So tell me Dane what are forums for? Your personal bitch session?

I'm going to go off on anyone who has a retarded draft take I don't care how many posts they have.

This