PDA

View Full Version : Misc HGH

e_train69
01-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Hey folks. It's been a long time since I posted, but I had a question and I think this is just the crowd that can give me the insight I need.

I've been working out really hard lately trying to get into shape. I have been eating healthy, taking vitamins, protien, creatine, and just trying to do everything right. Well I've been reading about all the HGH rage and how it helps turn back the clock (I'm 40 and my muscles aren't responding like they used to). I was wondering if anyone has an informed opinion on the use of HGH. I'm not talking about a prescribed series of shots from a doctor, but the use of the spray or pills that you can buy just about anywhere on the internet or health stores. It has kinda peeked my interest and I am considering trying them.

I'd really like to know if anyone has any experience with HGH, good or bad.

Thanks

El Jefe
01-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Hey folks. It's been a long time since I posted, but I had a question and I think this is just the crowd that can give me the insight I need.

I've been working out really hard lately trying to get into shape. I have been eating healthy, taking vitamins, protien, creatine, and just trying to do everything right. Well I've been reading about all the HGH rage and how it helps turn back the clock (I'm 40 and my muscles aren't responding like they used to). I was wondering if anyone has an informed opinion on the use of HGH. I'm not talking about a prescribed series of shots from a doctor, but the use of the spray or pills that you can buy just about anywhere on the internet or health stores. It has kinda peeked my interest and I am considering trying them.

Thanks

I am pretty familiar with HGH, and in my opinion I wouldn't take it. Honestly one of the most knowledgable people on Supplements is Big_Daddy. I have bought supplements through him, and he has helped me immensely. I would email him.

Dave Lane
01-30-2009, 10:07 AM

Thanks

Pills and spray barely do anything save your money. Injectible is the only real option.

Brock
01-30-2009, 10:08 AM
Have you seen Roddy Piper's ears? They're the size of flapjacks.

Demonpenz
01-30-2009, 10:08 AM
You aren't getting good extension on those tricept blasters

El Jefe
01-30-2009, 10:13 AM
Side effects can be a little worrisome. I would never take it, I know plenty at my gym who do, and don't have problems. I found this little piece of info, from a site I frequent. I life all natural only using protein shakes, but that's just me, and my what I like.

"HGH side effects range from the minor joint pain and some fluid retention to the more serious high blood pressure and abnormal bone and cartilage growth. Most medicinal use of HGH focuses on short-term correction of a hormonal imbalance. General growth hormone side effects from this type of use tend to be fluid retention, joint pain, a reversible insulin resistance, and some joint swelling."

Kerberos
01-30-2009, 10:22 AM
If you are just looking for some Human Growth I would suggest having ChiTown help you with an appointment with the Salon that resides to the NORTH of his office.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2009, 10:23 AM
the sprays and pills are crap

the HGH molecule is too large to be absorbed under the tongue. The actually amount of HGH in the spray is so small that it's a ripoff anyway

Pills with HGH have to go through the digestive track and gets destroy before any real amount can get absorbed.

you need to inject HGH for any real significant maintainable benefits.

damaticous
01-30-2009, 10:23 AM
Tribulus and ZMA Supplement taken per the directions on the container.

Might bee what you are looking for. Legal. I have used them many times in the past. Some say it doesn't work, some say it does. I feel it works for me.

bowener
01-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Pills and spray barely do anything save your money. Injectible is the only real option.

If I am not mistaken, the injection is the only way to get the hormone into your system. The sprays and pills might have it but you barely get anything from that, and those might not have the real HGH taken from cadaver pituitary glands.

If I had the money (Isn't it ~$1000-2000 a month), I would get the HGH and injet myself with smaller doses. Read about a 72 year old that did that.... now he's 35 again.

Otter
01-30-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm getting into my thirties pretty deep and did some research on this and one of the biggest points I found to take into consideration:

Once you start taking the injections your body will eventually stop making testosterone on its own. That means you'll need to take them the rest of your life once you've reached that point of no return. I'm not going to quote a price but I don't think the injections are cheap so unless you're "set" you may have to go a couple months w/o testosterone in an unforeseen financial downturn. I can't imagine that's a good thing.

When taken correctly I found the positives highly outweighed the negatives when you reach around age 40. But that was the one that made me do a double take.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2009, 10:36 AM
2 options ..

go to a Doctor and HRT clinic and pay big money for HGH injections

go the illegal route and order HGH and do the injections yourself for 1/10 the cost. But then you have to worry about a reliable source and possible legal issues.

illegal route has 2 real options:

1. order it from china and worry about getting busted (keep your orders small)

2. order if from U.S. blackmarket and worry about the quality of the HGH. (so called "bathtub HGH" is risky)

Mr. Laz
01-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Once you start taking the injections your body will eventually stop making testosterone on its own. That means you'll need to take them the rest of your life once you've reached that point of no return.
only if you take HUGE amounts

most people are talking about age benefits of HGH will only be taking 1-2 i.u. a day ...... you shouldn't have any testosterone problems at the level.

you are talking about body building "steroid levels" of HGH before you get into the problems you describe.

Brock
01-30-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm getting into my thirties pretty deep and did some research on this and one of the biggest points I found to take into consideration:

Once you start taking the injections your body will eventually stop making testosterone on its own. That means you'll need to take them the rest of your life once you've reached that point of no return. I'm not going to quote a price but I don't think the injections are cheap so unless you're "set" you may have to go a couple months w/o testosterone in an unforeseen financial downturn. I can't imagine that's a good thing.

When taken correctly I found the positives highly outweighed the negatives when you reach around age 40. But that was the one that made me do a double take.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I may be wrong myself, but I think you might be thinking of steroids, not HGH.

e_train69
01-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Thanks guys. I really didn't know if the spray and pills worked or not. You read so many different contradicting things when researching this topic. I don't have the money to do injections. So I guess I will just do better with my eating and drinking habits and try to have more intense workouts and change it up often to try and get better results. It sucks to get old!

Mr. Laz
01-30-2009, 10:45 AM
read this

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=265314

Otter
01-30-2009, 10:46 AM

That would be a good thing because I'd actually like to start the supplement in a couple years. There's so much information out there on the subject by so many sources it's overwhelming.

When the time comes I'll go see a doctor and read up on the subject best I possibly can to be prepared.

Buck
01-30-2009, 10:46 AM
If you order enough through the chinese, and then make some outrageous claim that you supplied to somebody like lets say...oh...Barry Bonds/Mark McGwire/Sammy Sosa...you could then write a book, make millions and then be able to afford it legally.

This should be your only option.

Dave Lane
01-30-2009, 10:47 AM
If I am not mistaken, the injection is the only way to get the hormone into your system. The sprays and pills might have it but you barely get anything from that, and those might not have the real HGH taken from cadaver pituitary glands.

If I had the money (Isn't it ~$1000-2000 a month), I would get the HGH and injet myself with smaller doses. Read about a 72 year old that did that.... now he's 35 again.

Not that expensive still about $500 per month and it has to be daily so a doc is out. Not that great of gains but significant as you age.

Dave Lane
01-30-2009, 10:48 AM

You are correct...

BigCatDaddy
01-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Tribulus and ZMA Supplement taken per the directions on the container.

Might bee what you are looking for. Legal. I have used them many times in the past. Some say it doesn't work, some say it does. I feel it works for me.

Trib does not increase Test and only increases libido for some people. ZMA is pretty solid though.

Mr. Laz
01-30-2009, 10:52 AM
you might look into peptides likg IGF-1

Brock
01-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks guys. I really didn't know if the spray and pills worked or not. You read so many different contradicting things when researching this topic. I don't have the money to do injections. So I guess I will just do better with my eating and drinking habits and try to have more intense workouts and change it up often to try and get better results. It sucks to get old!

I'd start out just trying creatine for a while and see how that works for you.

BigCatDaddy
01-30-2009, 11:00 AM

I would try some OTC test Boosters first before going that route. T-Bol, Activate Extreme, and perhaps Dermacrine might be best for you to try first. Then there are always the Methyl OTC Steroids. Try the Natty Test Boosters, or even something like SizeOn first and then go from there.

BigCatDaddy
01-30-2009, 11:01 AM
I'd start out just trying creatine for a while and see how that works for you.

I think he already is.

DaKCMan AP
01-30-2009, 11:02 AM
It sucks to get old!

That's what I hear and so I've decided not to age.

Brock
01-30-2009, 11:09 AM
I think he already is.

k, didn't see that.

e_train69
01-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Yes, I'm already taking creatine, and I am getting plenty of protien. I just have not gotten the same results I usually get when I really hit the workout hard this time of year. I am assuming it is age and I'm looking for a little help.

Big Daddy, Thanks. I don't know all the things you just mentioned, but I will research them and see if they are an avenue I would like to try.

I just need a little boost.

MIAdragon
01-30-2009, 11:13 AM

For HgH this is tru.

BigCatDaddy
01-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Yes, I'm already taking creatine, and I am getting plenty of protien. I just have not gotten the same results I usually get when I really hit the workout hard this time of year. I am assuming it is age and I'm looking for a little help.

Big Daddy, Thanks. I don't know all the things you just mentioned, but I will research them and see if they are an avenue I would like to try.

I just need a little boost.

I don't know what results you are expecting or your budget, but I would start with Sizeon, then maybe try Activate Xtreme or Mass FX, then if you still aren't happy go with the OTC steroids. Havoc is a personal favorite of mine.

e_train69
01-30-2009, 11:26 AM
BD
Sounds like a good place to start.

Thanks everyone.

I'm glad I didn't order that HGH.

MahiMike
01-30-2009, 11:36 AM
I don't know what results you are expecting or your budget, but I would start with Sizeon, then maybe try Activate Xtreme or Mass FX, then if you still aren't happy go with the OTC steroids. Havoc is a personal favorite of mine.

All those supplements packs on muscle weight, right? What about a supplement that just makes you stronger and less immune to injury? I'm 48 myself and still lifting but don't wanna gain weight. Been mixing it up between cardio, racquetball and light lifting, chinups, etc. Still same weight as when I started but my friends all say looks like I lost weight. Didn't really, just shifted it around. I'm always sore as hell though. lol

B_Ambuehl
01-30-2009, 01:06 PM
If you want good advice it's probably not a good idea to ask questions pertaining to health, bodybuilding, supplementation, steroids etc. on this forum.

In fact, just for fun, go to a steroid forum, ask your question, and then post a link to this thread and see how much laughter is generated by some of the responses here.

Brock
01-30-2009, 01:15 PM
If you want good advice it's probably not a good idea to ask questions pertaining to health, bodybuilding, supplementation, steroids etc. on this forum.

In fact, just for fun, go to a steroid forum, ask your question, and then post a link to this thread and see how much laughter is generated by some of the responses here.

If you think it's really funny, you should do it yourself.

BigCatDaddy
01-31-2009, 04:40 PM

What would you recommend he take genious?

BigCatDaddy
01-31-2009, 04:46 PM
All those supplements packs on muscle weight, right? What about a supplement that just makes you stronger and less immune to injury? I'm 48 myself and still lifting but don't wanna gain weight. Been mixing it up between cardio, racquetball and light lifting, chinups, etc. Still same weight as when I started but my friends all say looks like I lost weight. Didn't really, just shifted it around. I'm always sore as hell though. lol

I don't know of any supplement that will do both. Getting stronger, especially quickly can lead to a better chance of injury. I'm not sure what type of injuries you are referring to, but Cissus it supposed to be better then the Glucosamine Chondroitin as far as help with the joint issues. Cardio is nice, but your body comp is all about the diet. I recommend a 40% Protein, 40% carb, 20% fat diet for starters. Lots of meat and veggies, and some Whey protein is a good start.

googlegoogle
01-31-2009, 05:01 PM

that is why you can't gain muscle. Muscles need energy to grow.

B_Ambuehl
02-01-2009, 12:18 PM
What would you recommend he take genious?

He should take whatever money he was gonna spend on supplements and set up a consultation with a trainer who can educate him on proper training and diet and then go to a steroid board and spend a couple of months soaking up knowledge.

His question is basically the equivalent of some amateur football fan chick watching a football game with you and booing and asking you why the team doesn't go for it on 4th and 8 from their own 5 yard line.....there's just a lot to explain. :)

eazyb81
02-01-2009, 12:25 PM
I would do some researching at www.elitefitness.com (http://www.elitefitness.com) and www.bodybuilding.com (http://www.bodybuilding.com) before deciding to do anything.

There are some guys there that really know their stuff, and many regular posters are in the 40s just like you.