PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto In the market for a used car...looking for advice...

MTG#10
01-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Want - Nissan or Toyota pick-up w/extended cab and seating for 5.

Need - Anything that seats 6 that isnt a mini-van or a full size SUV (Suburban/Expedition etc.).

Have to spend - $8,000 (max)

I live in the Springfield/Willard area but would be willing to travel up to 100 miles for the right automobile.

Any used car salesman here?

Lzen
01-30-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm not big on Toyota's pickup mainly because it seems too sterile for my tastes. But if you want something that is reliable, I would say that would be the one to choose (hands down) between the 2. Last I checked, Nissan Titans aren't the greatest in that area.

If you go SUV, there are plenty of small to mid size SUVs that are decent. We did this route a year ago. We narrowed it down to the Mazda Tribute/Ford Escape (same vehicle) and the Hyundai Sante Fe. We ended up with a Hyundai Sante Fe. It was a 2005 with 46k on it. Got it for just over 12 grand. They also have a smaller one called a Tuscon.

I would say that with the kind of money you have to spend, you are going to get a vehicle with at least 75-100k miles on it. Try Cars.com, Autobytel.com, usedcars.com, etc. All the car buying websites were very helpful for us.

El Jefe
01-30-2009, 02:15 PM
I just bought an 08 Dodge Charger, 0 miles on it when I bought it.

burt
01-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Check your PM's