PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Dip for Scotch Eggs

AustinChief
02-01-2009, 01:59 PM
ok, bringing scotch eggs to a super bowl party (my buddies already had burgers, sausage, etc covered) and was wondering if anyone had any good dipping sauce suggestions?

I am bringing the traditional mango chutney, and we will have mustard... but anyone know any other good sauces for a hardboiled egg, wrapped in sausage and rolled in bread crumbs then baked...

http://www.americasworstcookvideo.com/Recipies/RecipePhotos/RecipePhoto-36.jpg

KCChiefsMan
02-01-2009, 02:01 PM
wtf are scotch eggs?

Phobia
02-01-2009, 02:02 PM
I'd make something along the lines of a chipotle or poblano mustard. Something with a white gravy base would play well with it as well.

Stewie
02-01-2009, 02:03 PM
I've never heard of those. They look interesting... and tasty.

blueballs
02-01-2009, 02:03 PM
something plaid

Pablo
02-01-2009, 02:05 PM
kc masterpiece sauce of the gods

AustinChief
02-01-2009, 02:06 PM
I'd make something along the lines of a chipotle or poblano mustard. Something with a white gravy base would play well with it as well.

Chipotle mustard... now that sounds damn good... let me see what ingredients I can scare up.

AustinChief
02-01-2009, 02:21 PM

Alright I have spicy brown mustard, chipotle tabasco, honey, mayo, horseradish, habanero sauce... and dried cascabel and ancho peppers

I was thinking just brown mustard, chipotle and a dash of honey... yay or nay?

Should I use anything else?

Hammock Parties
02-01-2009, 02:22 PM
How about sweet and sour sauce?

Extra Point
02-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Alright I have spicy brown mustard, chipotle tabasco, honey, mayo, horseradish, habanero sauce... and dried cascabel and ancho peppers

I was thinking just brown mustard, chipotle and a dash of honey... yay or nay? Yay

Should I use anything else? Nay

Stewie
02-01-2009, 02:25 PM

I was thinking just brown mustard, chipotle and a dash of honey... yay or nay?

Should I use anything else?

I guess it depends on your audience. I'd start with the mayo and spicy mustard for the base and then heat it up from there.

AustinChief
02-01-2009, 02:36 PM
ok, going for broke... gonna steep one cascabel and one ancho pepper... remove the seeds, run them through the chopper... roast them then add them to the mixture of chipotle, mustard, mayo and dash of honey...

wish me luck

Frazod
02-01-2009, 02:37 PM
What is in that? Do you have a recipe?

Looks yummy.

Phobia
02-01-2009, 02:39 PM
ok, going for broke... gonna steep one cascabel and one ancho pepper... remove the seeds, run them through the chopper... roast them then add them to the mixture of chipotle, mustard, mayo and dash of honey...

wish me luck
Sounds delicious.

kstater
02-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Frazod:

1 pound bulk pork sausage
1 tablespoon fresh parsley -- chopped
1 tablespoon grated onion
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 hard-cooked eggs -- shelled
1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
Combine sausage, parsley, onion, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Divide sausage mixture into 4 portions; shape into patties. Place one egg atop each patty, shaping the sausage mixture around egg till completely covered. Roll each sausage-covered egg in breadcrumbs. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.

Frazod
02-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Frazod:

Combine sausage, parsley, onion, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Divide sausage mixture into 4 portions; shape into patties. Place one egg atop each patty, shaping the sausage mixture around egg till completely covered. Roll each sausage-covered egg in breadcrumbs. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.

Thanks!

AustinChief
02-01-2009, 02:45 PM
What is in that? Do you have a recipe?

Looks yummy.

They are fantastic... I eat them with mango chutney (most stores have it in the crazy foods from other countries aisle...) but mustard works fine..

Here is the recipe (I made this up and it make 12 "eggs" so beware that this is a ton of food and you probably want to adjust down because MOST people find eating ONE of these to be a daunting task)

... pretty easy...

boil up 12 eggs

peel said eggs

mix 1 lb hot sausage (I use Jimmy dean) with 1lb sweet or notrmal sausage (again I use Jimmy Dean MAPLE sausage) and 3-4 teaspons of worcestershire... (add spices if you want.. I add a little thyme)

next beat one egg and set aside

next mix bread crumbs with paprika and pepper (not too much pepper or paprika) set aside

now the fun part... take a lump of sausage and flatten it in your hand (should cover your palm and then some...) the wrap sausage around an egg... repeat 12 times

then take sausage wrapped eggs and brush all of them with the beaten egg

then roll each in bread crumbs and stick on cooking sheet

Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes (depends on crispiness of outside layer, I recommend 40 minutes)

let cool and serve hot or cold... they are REALLY good, out of the fridge the next day

AustinChief
02-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Frazod:

15-20 is not enough time.. trust me.. but the rest of the recipe looks fine

kstater
02-01-2009, 02:47 PM
damnit, I have to find out if I have any sausage

Frazod
02-01-2009, 02:51 PM
They are fantastic... I eat them with mango chutney (most stores have it in the crazy foods from other countries aisle...) but mustard works fine..

Here is the recipe (I made this up and it make 12 "eggs" so beware that this is a ton of food and you probably want to adjust down because MOST people find eating ONE of these to be a daunting task)

... pretty easy...

boil up 12 eggs

peel said eggs

mix 1 lb hot sausage (I use Jimmy dean) with 1lb sweet or notrmal sausage (again I use Jimmy Dean MAPLE sausage) and 3-4 teaspons of worcestershire... (add spices if you want.. I add a little thyme)

next beat one egg and set aside

next mix bread crumbs with paprika and pepper (not too much pepper or paprika) set aside

now the fun part... take a lump of sausage and flatten it in your hand (should cover your palm and then some...) the wrap sausage around an egg... repeat 12 times

then take sausage wrapped eggs and brush all of them with the beaten egg

then roll each in bread crumbs and stick on cooking sheet

Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes (depends on crispiness of outside layer, I recommend 40 minutes)

let cool and serve hot or cold... they are REALLY good, out of the fridge the next day

Sweet.

I'm surprised that I've never heard of this before today. Just showed my wife the recipe and she wants to try making them.

teedubya
02-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Those look like pure fart inducing deliciousness

PastorMikH
02-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Sweet.

I'm surprised that I've never heard of this before today. [Just showed my wife the recipe and she wants to try making them.

Way to keep your man-card there Fraz!

:)

KCChiefsMan
02-01-2009, 03:01 PM
looks pretty tasty from that pic

Frazod
02-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Those look like pure fart inducing deliciousness

LMAO

Egg sausage farts are lethal :fart:

mlyonsd
02-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Those look awesome. I'm going to make them for Easter and watch the grandkids freak when they run around the house finding them.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Pussy Juice Cocktail.

http://img2.ifilmpro.com/resize/image/stills/films/resize/istd/2684361.jpg

AustinChief
02-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Sweet.

I'm surprised that I've never heard of this before today. Just showed my wife the recipe and she wants to try making them.

They aren't hard at all.. and they are PERFECT party/pub food...

The cool thing is that you can really experiment with them and its hard to mess em up...

AustinChief
02-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Sounds delicious.

Just finished the chipotle/ancho/mustard and it came out pretty good, I added a bit more honey than I thought I would need to... but now it starts with a hint of sweet then hits with spicy mustard and ends with a pretty good kick of roasted/chipotle heat...

and I used the last of a bottle of brown mustard so it now even has its own contanier for transport...

Phobia
02-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Bonus. I always end up using more honey than I expected. It's so delicious and if you're careful to use local honey it's really good for you too.

BigOlChiefsfan
02-01-2009, 04:08 PM
'Man who has local honey keeps squeeze nearby'. That's one of those Tang dynasty sayings.

luv
04-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Okay, so I decided to make some of these to have on my cheat day this week. Oh. My. God. These things are awesome! And two eggs was a meal for me. Very inexpensive and quite easy to make. I had mine with some spicy mustard, and I followed AustinChief's recipe.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-05-2009, 03:06 PM
I made these for a poker party in KC a couple of weeks ago. Loved them.

I served them with bottled spicy chipotle mustard from Dillons (store brand).

teedubya
04-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Ive made that exact sauce and dipped my chicken in it for a long time.

Mustard, Honey and Chipolte tabasco is called "Awesome Sauce" in my world.

However, Ive yet to try these eggs.

AustinChief
12-30-2009, 04:49 PM
ok, making scotch eggs again... thinking of trying something different. What do you guys think about adding a layer of turkey wrapped around the egg... in between the egg and sausage? Or maybe ham...

Thoughts?

AustinChief
12-30-2009, 04:51 PM
ok, making scotch eggs again... thinking of trying something different. What do you guys think about adding a layer of turkey wrapped around the egg... in between the egg and sausage? Or maybe ham...

Thoughts?

also... how would it work... can it even be done? suggestions?

Hammock Parties
12-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Peanut sauce would be good.

KCUnited
12-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Prosciutto could be good, or corned beef. What about a layer of cheese?

A hollandaise sauce would be good as well.

Donger
12-30-2009, 04:54 PM

Thoughts?

How on Earth did I miss this thread? I was practically raised on Scotch Eggs.

Anyway, no on the above. It would ruin them, IMO. Then again, I've never put any kind of sauce on mine, either.

It's supposed to be a rather simple food, like most UK food.

Buck
12-30-2009, 04:58 PM
ok, bringing scotch eggs to a super bowl party (my buddies already had burgers, sausage, etc covered) and was wondering if anyone had any good dipping sauce suggestions?

I am bringing the traditional mango chutney, and we will have mustard... but anyone know any other good sauces for a hardboiled egg, wrapped in sausage and rolled in bread crumbs then baked...

http://www.americasworstcookvideo.com/Recipies/RecipePhotos/RecipePhoto-36.jpg

You fag....

jk :)

mlyonsd
12-30-2009, 05:00 PM
My first thought would be mustard but since you've already done that and without reading through the thread I wonder if Maple Syrup would work?

I will admit though I've never tasted one so if you send me some I'm sure I could figure out something different.

KCUnited
12-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Or take a page out of the bacon explosion and glaze it with bbq sauce about halfway through the baking process.

Buck
12-30-2009, 05:04 PM
So it is hardboiled egg/ sausage/ crust?

Sounds like a Hollandaise sauce would taste good.

AustinChief
12-30-2009, 05:31 PM
My first thought would be mustard but since you've already done that and without reading through the thread I wonder if Maple Syrup would work?

I will admit though I've never tasted one so if you send me some I'm sure I could figure out something different.

Today I am doing mustard and mango chutney sauces... but I need feedback on adding turkey or ham to the mix...

Donger
12-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Today I am doing mustard and mango chutney sauces... but I need feedback on adding turkey or ham to the mix...

I would think that adding ham or turkey between the egg and sausage would result in separation of the layers. That would make a very visually unappealing Scotch Egg.

AustinChief
12-30-2009, 05:34 PM
I would think that adding ham or turkey between the egg and sausage would result in separation of the layers. That would make a very visually unappealing Scotch Egg.

what if I diced it into tiny pieces then wrapped it around egg? think that would work?

NewChief
12-30-2009, 05:36 PM
Maybe try a jezebel (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Jezebel-Sauce/Detail.aspx) sauce with them instead of the chutney?

cdcox
12-30-2009, 05:37 PM
How about Deviled Scotch eggs?

AustinChief
12-30-2009, 05:39 PM
How about Deviled Scotch eggs? actually though about that as well... tough to do though

mlyonsd
12-30-2009, 05:41 PM
what if I diced it into tiny pieces then wrapped it around egg? think that would work?

What if you ground either one right into the sausage?

My only other suggestion would be to wrap the finished scotch egg in Prosciutto like KCUnited suggested and broil them just to cook the ham.

I would think the sausage flavor would over run turkey, but maybe not Prosciutto.

Buck
12-30-2009, 05:42 PM
The Scotch Egg seems so heavy already you probably should use a lighter sauce than Mustard or Mango Chutney.

Donger
12-30-2009, 05:47 PM

I don't see that cutting the meat of choice into little pieces would stop the separation of the layers, but then again, I'm just speculating. Maybe if you just added the extraneous meat to the sausage?

I remember my Mum talking about the separation of the layers when I was just a wee lad, and I think it had something to do with adding stuff between the sausage and the egg. The eggs would contract and pull away from the egg. Different moisture content or something. She was big on presentation, which was funny because when we boys were released upon them, it looked like a pack of jackals had attacked.

Blindside58
12-30-2009, 07:16 PM
One Word....BACON!

bevischief
12-30-2009, 08:07 PM
wtf are scotch eggs?

This.

bevischief
12-30-2009, 08:09 PM
LMAO

Egg sausage farts are lethal :fart:

That was my thought...:D

BigChiefFan
12-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Try cocktail sauce.

AustinChief
12-30-2009, 09:00 PM
This.

hard boiled eggs wrapped in sausage .. rolled in bread crumbs then baked or deep fried.

I bake them then broil them for a few minutes to crisp the outside.

luv
12-30-2009, 09:06 PM
I thought I still had pictures of mine from when I made them. Those things are AWESOME. Would be perfect New Year's morning after a night of drinking. Two of them is a complete frickin' meal.

I would think that trying to add the layer of meat would make them crumbly.

BigChiefFan
12-30-2009, 09:19 PM
You could always cut very thin slices of ham or meat of your choice and wrap it on the exterior of the scotch egg for a little variety.

Slainte
12-31-2009, 02:23 AM

Thoughts?

If you were still in Tarragona, you could try Jamon Iberico...

:)

AustinChief
12-31-2009, 04:23 PM
If you were still in Tarragona, you could try Jamon Iberico...

:)So true.

Although there, Jamón Serrano was the more popular choice...

I ended up wrapping thin sliced Turkey on half the eggs (between the egg and sausage layer) and it worked perfectly.

kstater
12-31-2009, 06:15 PM
Added some cayenne pepper to the bread crumbs. With that combined with the spicy mustard, I'm trying to find the will power to keep from going and getting a 3rd one.

smittysbar
01-02-2010, 02:27 PM
I am thinking of making these for tomorrows game

AustinChief
01-02-2010, 02:49 PM
I am thinking of making these for tomorrows gameThey are cheap and easy. I recommend making more than you think you could need... they are addicting.

googlegoogle
01-03-2010, 01:13 AM
why not deviled eggs? Bacon and jalapeno?

http://www.jennvalentinedesign.com/IM191/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/deviled_eggs.jpg

luv
01-03-2010, 01:15 AM
why not deviled eggs? Bacon and jalapeno?

http://www.jennvalentinedesign.com/IM191/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/deviled_eggs.jpg

Dude. Have you ever had Scotch Eggs?

KcMizzou
01-03-2010, 01:16 AM
They are cheap and easy. I recommend making more than you think you could need... they are addicting.They do look damned good. I'm gonna make some too.

luv
01-03-2010, 01:17 AM
They do look damned good. I'm gonna make some too.

They're perfect to have on hand the morning after drinking. They're even good cold. And you can use spicy sausage. OMG. Love them.

KCbroncoHATER
01-03-2010, 01:33 AM
I think I am going to be sick.

luv
01-03-2010, 01:37 AM
I think I am going to be sick.

You don't like eggs and sausage?

googlegoogle
01-03-2010, 01:53 AM
They're perfect to have on hand the morning after drinking. They're even good cold. And you can use spicy sausage. OMG. Love them.

http://newboards.tusclan.com/images/smilies/calm_down.gif

shakesthecat
01-03-2010, 07:42 AM
This thread has inspired me. I haven't had Scotch Eggs for years, but that ends today!

I'm going to make a batch from a modified version of Austin's recipe.

Slainte
02-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Okay, I just put my first-ever batch of scotch eggs in the oven to bake. Here's a couple comments:

-Maybe I did something wrong, but the ratio of sausage to eggs didn't work for me. I reduced the recipe by half (six rather than 12) but used the same amount of sausage the original 12-egg recipe did! If I hadn't, I don't think I could've encased all six eggy-wegs completely w/ sausage. Have I got heart-attack pellets in the oven right now? That seems like a HELLOFALOT of porcine coating...

-And the eggs came out bigger than I expected them to be! I thought they'd be something a little larger that a Grade-A egg, but they turned out the size a large baked potato. No wonder most people can only eat one at a sitting...

-Used Mrs Dash garlic/pepper with my paprika during the bread crumb portion.

Looking forward to sampling the fruits of my labor. Aprovecho!

Mr. Flopnuts
02-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Okay, I just put my first-ever batch of scotch eggs in the oven to bake. Here's a couple comments:

-Maybe I did something wrong, but the ratio of sausage to eggs didn't work for me. I reduced the recipe by half (six rather than 12) but used the same amount of sausage the original 12-egg recipe did! If I hadn't, I don't think I could've encased all six eggy-wegs completely w/ sausage. Have I got heart-attack pellets in the oven right now? That seems like a HELLOFALOT of porcine coating...

-And the eggs came out bigger than I expected them to be! I thought they'd be something a little larger that a Grade-A egg, but they turned out the size a large baked potato. No wonder most people can only eat one at a sitting...

-Used Mrs Dash garlic/pepper with my paprika during the bread crumb portion.

Looking forward to sampling the fruits of my labor. Aprovecho!

I made them this morning for the first time. I only was able to make 8 eggs with 2lbs of sausage. They came out fantastic though. They're a big hit right now.

Slainte
02-07-2010, 04:48 PM
I made them this morning for the first time. I only was able to make 8 eggs with 2lbs of sausage. They came out fantastic though. They're a big hit right now.

That's comforting, cause I was kinda worried and all. Not to mention, my Spanish oven does not do "bake", so it's broil only. I dunno if that's gonna make a difference in the cooking time. Still, the smell in my apt. right now is intoxicating...

Mr. Flopnuts
02-07-2010, 04:58 PM
That's comforting, cause I was kinda worried and all. Not to mention, my Spanish oven does not do "bake", so it's broil only. I dunno if that's gonna make a difference in the cooking time. Still, the smell in my apt. right now is intoxicating...

Yeah, I'd keep a close eye on them. I'm sure they'll cook much faster.

kstater
02-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Austin Chief is the expert, but the time I made a batch, I just divided the sausage up into 12 portions then made it work. Kind of like rolling dough to a certain thickness, I just kept working the sausage around until it covered the whole egg.

Slainte
02-07-2010, 05:03 PM
They're out of the oven, for better or worse...

Otter
02-07-2010, 05:06 PM
They're out of the oven, for better or worse...

Let us know how they turned out. I consider myself a pretty good cook and that doesn't look easy.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Let us know how they turned out. I consider myself a pretty good cook and that doesn't look easy.

I'm not a great cook, but able. They're not hard at all.

Bugeater
02-07-2010, 05:21 PM
I just had the Mrs read this because I want her to make them, and she said the same damn thing. :)

Slainte
02-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Yep. They're delish. Some work involved but not over-complicated. If I can do it, anyone can. WIN all the live-long day...

luv
03-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Making scotch eggs to take in to work for a breakfast tomorrow. Woohoo!

memyselfI
03-22-2010, 06:00 PM
damn you. Do you know how much time it took to get over craving these the last time they were at the top of the page????????

cdcox
03-22-2010, 06:01 PM
I made them the weekend of the conference championships. Ok but I wasn't that impressed.

luv
03-22-2010, 06:04 PM
damn you. Do you know how much time it took to get over craving these the last time they were at the top of the page????????

:D

Mr. Flopnuts
03-22-2010, 06:45 PM
These were awesome. I'll have to make some more.

googlegoogle
03-23-2010, 01:26 PM
If you could inject the inside with some bacon .....hmm.

Slainte
03-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Make 'em fuckers!!!

They're easy as pie....only they're NOT pie, they're so, so, so much better

Scotch Eggs.

AustinChief
03-23-2010, 02:29 PM
I made them the weekend of the conference championships. Ok but I wasn't that impressed.

Really? Which recipe did you use?

Were they too bland? Too spicy? What sauce/condiment did you use with them? They are meant for either a slightly hot yellow mustard or a sweet/spicy chutney.

cdcox
03-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Really? Which recipe did you use?

Were they too bland? Too spicy? What sauce/condiment did you use with them? They are meant for either a slightly hot yellow mustard or a sweet/spicy chutney.

I used something pretty close to your recipe, even down to mixing the two kinds of sausage. My sauce was the honey-mustard-chipotle Tabasco sauce. If I tried them again, I'd probably leave out the maple sausage.

My best finger food is egg rolls. I'm pretty sure I could make a killing selling those.

luv
03-23-2010, 05:31 PM
These were a hit today. Only one person had heard of them (she lived in London for awhile, which is where they originated). Everyone wanted a recipe. I told them there were plenty of recipes and preparation methods to be found online.

Bugeater
01-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Got a batch of these in the oven right now, and the results (whatever they may be) will be at the tailgate tomorrow.

KCUnited
01-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Thinking of doing these for Sunday, for those of you that have made them for a tailgate, did you make them the night before and serve them cold, or did you make them the day before and reheat them on the grill on Sunday?

Any thoughts on reheating these on a charcoal grill? Foil or straight up?

DJ's left nut
01-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Has anyone ever deep fried these?

I'm not bringing my grill out b/c we're doing a fish fry, but I'm going to bring my turkey fryer and a dual cook-stove.

Would plopping these things in some 375 degree grease for 3 minutes do the job?

KCUnited
01-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Thinking of doing these for Sunday, for those of you that have made them for a tailgate, did you make them the night before and serve them cold, or did you make them the day before and reheat them on the grill on Sunday?

Any thoughts on reheating these on a charcoal grill? Foil or straight up?

For any future reference.

I made these the night before, baked them in the oven. Refrigerated them overnight. Morning of the tailgate, I wrapped them in foil and threw them on the Weber, coals glowing, for about 10 minutes, completely reheated.

Came out great, served with a chopped chipotle in adobo, yellow mustard, and honey sauce.

KCUnited
07-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Saw these during a BBQ show on Planet Green. Place in San Fran called Wexler's.

Instead of sausage, the guy food processes his brisket into a meat paste and wraps the eggs (soft boiled). Serves them with a Fresno chile sauce.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8489/dsc06673188x188.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/dsc06673188x188.jpg/)

Bugeater
07-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Has anyone ever deep fried these?

I'm not bringing my grill out b/c we're doing a fish fry, but I'm going to bring my turkey fryer and a dual cook-stove.

Would plopping these things in some 375 degree grease for 3 minutes do the job?
I dunno, but it sure sounds good. Did you end up trying it?

Stewie
07-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Anyone who brings eggs in any form to a gathering are the smartest people in the world.

"I'll bring $3 worth of food and feed my family of 5! We'll eat meat and potatoes and veggies and dessert and say we contributed!"

AustinChief
07-04-2011, 02:22 PM
I dunno, but it sure sounds good. Did you end up trying it?

Deep frying is the original way to make them... drop em in hot oil for about 5 minutes and they are done.

I prefer the baked/broiled method now though.

Just Passin' By
07-04-2011, 02:27 PM
I followed AustinChief's recipe to the letter, and I used two different dipping sauces.

They went over like a lead balloon. It was the first time I've ever brought something to a party that didn't get completely finished off. I didn't find anything wrong with them, but they just didn't catch on.

AustinChief
07-04-2011, 02:30 PM
I followed AustinChief's recipe to the letter, and I used two different dipping sauces.

They went over like a lead balloon. It was the first time I've ever brought something to a party that didn't get completely finished off. I didn't find anything wrong with them, but they just didn't catch on.

WOW! That is the FIRST time I have ever heard that happen... Where do you live? California? Oregon? (some other hippy area?) :D

Just Passin' By
07-04-2011, 04:17 PM
WOW! That is the FIRST time I have ever heard that happen... Where do you live? California? Oregon? (some other hippy area?) :D

New England

They just didn't go over at all. I'll try making them again for a different group in the future, because it could just have been something about the day or that group. My maple chicken wings were gone in a heartbeat, but that always happens.