PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Clark on 810

afchiefs
02-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Sorry if repost

Just heard on 810. Clark Hunt said he was impressed with the canadiates for the head coaching job.

As in past tense (they have already interviewed some):thumb:

talastan
02-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Sweet!! :clap: Seems like this process is moving along nicely. With, or without media interference. I'd like to think we'll be hearing something on our new HC by the end of this week. :thumb:

dirk digler
02-02-2009, 03:38 PM
I like how Clark and Pioli are going about this with no leaks. That is very impressive.

-King-
02-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Sorry WPI beat you to it. When Herm was fired, they got an insider scoop that Clark/Pioli would interview HCs at some point in time. Seems like they were right.

But seriously, I love how the Chiefs are conducting business now. Might not be fun for us, but I can tell that these guys are serious.

kc rush
02-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Did anyone ask about the Rooney Rule? The ROONEY RULE OMG! THE ROONEY RULE!!!

WE'RE DOOMED!!!

FloridaMan88
02-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Who is conducting the interview... Petro?

the Talking Can
02-02-2009, 03:42 PM
he said they were already "well under way with the process"

and the rooney rule isn't a problem, as long as you ask...if they turn you down you're off the hook...according to 810

dirk digler
02-02-2009, 03:43 PM
and the rooney rule isn't a problem, as long as you ask...if they turn you down you're off the hook...according to 810

Interesting I didn't know that

Rooster
02-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Did anyone ask about the Rooney Rule? The ROONEY RULE OMG! THE ROONEY RULE!!!

WE'RE DOOMED!!!

:LOL::LOL: Holy $hit somebody remind them about the Rooney Rule!!!! They might not know about it.

blueballs
02-02-2009, 03:44 PM
You should have seen him on with Jack Harry last night
Clark looked like he was sweating like a pig in a sauna

Brock
02-02-2009, 03:46 PM
THE DEAL IS DONE

FloridaMan88
02-02-2009, 03:46 PM
I still think Mike Shanahan is a candidate... I have nothing to base this on other than my biased desire to see the Chiefs hire Shanahan. But if the process has been "well under way", maybe that has involved Clark/Pioli launching a full court press to sell the Chiefs head coaching job to Shanahan.

blueballs
02-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Gailey or PRice
get use to it

Fritz88
02-02-2009, 03:49 PM
I like how Clark and Pioli are going about this with no leaks. That is very impressive.

yup

ChiefRon
02-02-2009, 03:51 PM
As in past tense (they have already interviewed some):thumb:

Nonsense, we haven't heard Shefter or Mortenson report anyone.

talastan
02-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Nonsense, we haven't gotten permission from Shefter or Mortenson report anyone.

FYP

milkman
02-02-2009, 03:57 PM
I still think Mike Shanahan is a candidate... I have nothing to base this on other than my biased desire to see the Chiefs hire Shanahan. But if the process has been "well under way", maybe that has involved Clark/Pioli launching a full court press to sell the Chiefs head coaching job to Shanahan.

I think that you are, as usual, wrong.

Or to paraphrase a planet favorite.

Epic wrong.

KCrockaholic
02-02-2009, 03:59 PM
It will not be Eric Price...

dirk digler
02-02-2009, 04:00 PM
You should have seen him on with Jack Harry last night
Clark looked like he was sweating like a pig in a sauna

I am glad I wasn't the only one to notice that.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-02-2009, 04:01 PM
he said they were already "well under way with the process"

I've been bitching about that all day. Good to hear.

Gonzo
02-02-2009, 04:07 PM
THE DEAL IS DONE

Ok Gang...

blueballs
02-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Please don't let it be Gruden
please

unothadeal
02-02-2009, 04:10 PM
please

If we get Gruden we have almost NO CHANCE of landing Simeon Rice in FA. I don't think I'm prepared to take that risk.

CupidStunt
02-02-2009, 04:10 PM
I have to think that they've interviewed a number of candidates, possibly including but not limited to: Todd Bowles, Lesley Frazier, Chan Gailey, MAYBE one of the big-name year-off guys, maybe someone like Sean McDermott, etc.

They've probably got Haley lined up, along with maybe Grimm, and will choose from the bench in the next few days.

Rausch
02-02-2009, 04:11 PM
If we get Gruden we have almost NO CHANCE of landing Simeon Rice in FA. I don't think I'm prepared to take that risk.

I am...

Brock
02-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Gruden should never be a head coach in the NFL again.

SAUTO
02-02-2009, 04:12 PM

THIS

bluehawkdoc
02-02-2009, 04:17 PM

Chucky can suck it.

SAUTO
02-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Chucky DOES suck it.

FYP

bluehawkdoc
02-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Does he take his "teeth" out?

Gdaddy
02-02-2009, 04:29 PM
It has to be Haley, makes the most sense.

blueballs
02-02-2009, 04:32 PM
makes sense
makes sense
don't talk about makes sense

SAUTO
02-02-2009, 04:36 PM
makes sense
makes sense
don't talk about makes sense

how does anything "make sense"? we'll know when they WANT us to know. anyone could "make sense" right now, hell just about everyone has made sense so far(at least people have made cases for them)

DTLB58
02-02-2009, 04:36 PM

So a young SB winning coach should never coach again?

I just don't understand why people hate on this guy :hmmm:

SAUTO
02-02-2009, 04:38 PM

it's about the way his former players felt about the guy, in our position we need someone these young players feel they can TRUST and by all indications chucky isnt THAT GUY

blueballs
02-02-2009, 04:39 PM
on the verge of mutiny is overrated
he didn't have Al Davis overridding him in Tampa

Brock
02-02-2009, 04:46 PM

He had a lot of advantages in that super bowl, so I'm not really impressed. Since then, his act consists of glaring at his QB, glaring at referees, glaring at the camera, etc. All that with the added attraction of throwing QBs under the bus one after the other. No thanks.

ntexaschiefsfan
02-02-2009, 04:49 PM
I have word from someone Cowher purchased a home in KC...if I'm wrong you can ban my account.

Orlandochiefsgrl
02-02-2009, 04:49 PM
it's about the way his former players felt about the guy, in our position we need someone these young players feel they can TRUST and by all indications chucky isnt THAT GUY

So, what YOU are saying is you like players coaches like Herm. Well don't you and Tony G make a cute couple on the sidelines!!

bluehawkdoc
02-02-2009, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=Brock;5452042]He had a lot of advantages in that super bowlQUOTE]

Specifically, all of Dungy's players.

kc rush
02-02-2009, 04:50 PM
I have word from someone Cowher purchased a home in KC...if I'm wrong you can ban my account.

How many bathrooms? This is important.

Do you count 2 half-baths as 1 bath?

Brock
02-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Specifically, all of Dungy's players.

Not only that, but the other team was the one he used to coach and they were too stupid to even bother changing their audibles.

DaWolf
02-02-2009, 04:52 PM
He had a lot of advantages in that super bowl, so I'm not really impressed. Since then, his act consists of glaring at his QB, glaring at referees, glaring at the camera, etc. All that with the added attraction of throwing QBs under the bus one after the other. No thanks.

To be fair, most of the QB's he wound up with in Tampa either sucked or had really high pitched voices. Winning a super bowl with Brad Johnson is no small feat, and I highly doubt Dungy would have done it, despite everyone wanting to rewrite history after the fact...

Brock
02-02-2009, 04:53 PM
To be fair, most of the QB's he wound up with in Tampa either sucked or had really high pitched voices. Winning a super bowl with Brad Johnson is no small feat, and I highly doubt Dungy would have done it, despite everyone wanting to rewrite history after the fact...

They were all QBs he wanted, apparently, and that doesn't even count Jake Plummer, who he also wanted badly.

Red Beans
02-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Sorry WPI beat you to it. When Herm was fired, they got an insider scoop that Clark/Pioli would interview HCs at some point in time. Seems like they were right.

But seriously, I love how the Chiefs are conducting business now. Might not be fun for us, but I can tell that these guys are serious.

Agreed. I hate the suspense but it's better than some asshole blowing wind to stroke his own ego...

SAUTO
02-02-2009, 04:59 PM
So, what YOU are saying is you like players coaches like Herm. Well don't you and Tony G make a cute couple on the sidelines!!

NO i dont like players coaches, but i do feel as though the players should RESPECT the coach and gruden had no players that respected him in tampa(from what's coming out at least) oh yeah TRUST is also a huge factor and by all accounts chucky cant be trusted, especially with young players

Bill Lundberg
02-02-2009, 05:04 PM
NO i dont like players coaches, but i do feel as though the players should RESPECT the coach and gruden had no players that respected him in tampa(from what's coming out at least) oh yeah TRUST is also a huge factor and by all accounts chucky cant be trusted, especially with young players

Who aside from Simeon (headcase) Rice and Jeff (crybaby) Garcia have come out and badmouthed Gruden?

MTG#10
02-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Its Cowher guys, BarryinStLouis said so.

ChiefsGirl
02-02-2009, 05:14 PM

Write it down, then.

Scorp
02-02-2009, 05:23 PM
in our position we need someone these young players feel they can TRUST and by all indications chucky isnt THAT GUY

Are you f*cking kidding me?............we need someone our players fear and that can show them the wrath of God!

kcxiv
02-02-2009, 05:28 PM

I think its Cowher, but not becuase of Barry. haha

rambleonthruthefog
02-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Gruden is alright. i think he'll return to the NFL and have some success.

DaWolf
02-02-2009, 05:35 PM
They were all QBs he wanted, apparently, and that doesn't even count Jake Plummer, who he also wanted badly.

This is where Gruden and Shanarat get in trouble, and need a better talent evaluator that Bruce Allen or themself to slap them upside the head and give them an actual QB.

Of course Gruden could be one of those personalities that gets tired of new toys every so often. But my impression is that he works better when he has a QB who he can trust (Gannon) and a boss who can push back rather than be pushed over...

ChiefsCountry
02-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Gruden will go the college route IMO and be a legend. He is one of those Napeleon types that need all the power. He can do that in college football.

SAUTO
02-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Are you f*cking kidding me?............we need someone our players fear and that can show them the wrath of God!

while true, if those players don't trust the man then all else fails. do you want to go into battle with someone you dont trust?

Mecca
02-02-2009, 06:01 PM
The biggest motivator you can give anyone is fear...if they think they'll be benched or cut you'll see a different player.

SAUTO
02-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Who aside from Simeon (headcase) Rice and Jeff (crybaby) Garcia have come out and badmouthed Gruden?

keyshawn johnson, shit another wr cant think of his name right now (mccardell??), chris simms, look around i'm sure you can find more

SAUTO
02-02-2009, 06:02 PM
The biggest motivator you can give anyone is fear...if they think they'll be benched or cut you'll see a different player.

do you think gruden actually scares anyone?

SAUTO
02-02-2009, 06:05 PM

but they also need to trust that if they do whats asked the coach will do what he said he would do. example if your boss tells you to work 8 saturdays and he'll give you a raise. you do it he doesnt, next time are you going to work saturday?

Scorp
02-02-2009, 06:08 PM
but they also need to trust that if they do whats asked the coach will do what he said he would do. example if your boss tells you to work 8 saturdays and he'll give you a raise. you do it he doesnt, next time are you going to work saturday?

I bet they trusted Herm Edwards as he led them to being the laughing stock of the NFL.

SAUTO
02-02-2009, 06:09 PM
I bet they trusted Herm Edwards as he led them to being the laughing stock of the NFL.

so you think that trust between players and their coach means nothing?

Mecca
02-02-2009, 06:16 PM
The players liked Herm so much all these guys act like they're great and they just won 14 games.

SAUTO
02-02-2009, 06:19 PM
The players liked Herm so much all these guys act like they're great and they just won 14 games.

it's not about LIKING the HC it's about trusting and respecting him, BIG DIFFERENCE

melbar
02-02-2009, 06:37 PM
So did Clark say anything else?

DTLB58
02-02-2009, 07:11 PM

Ok, So what advantages did he have in getting to the SB?

You could say Wisenhunt had some advantages then last night and his team didn't throttle his former team 48-21 and make the QB throw 5 int's.

All the glares at the camera,players and refs I'm sure is all he did and knows.

Brock
02-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Ok, So what advantages did he have in getting to the SB?

You could say Wisenhunt had some advantages then last night and his team didn't throttle his former team 48-21 and make the QB throw 5 int's.

All the glares at the camera,players and refs I'm sure is all he did and knows.

You're impressed with, fine. I'm not. I'm not impressed with a 10-8 w/l ratio, and I think he's a guy who got a lot of attention for things not related to his actual coaching ability.

Bill Lundberg
02-02-2009, 08:47 PM
keyshawn johnson,

Another stellar stand up citizen [/sarcasm]

whoman69
02-02-2009, 09:40 PM
I don't know why everyone thinks hiring a HC with a Super Bowl trophy on their resume is so great. The fact is they always have less success with other franchises. The most successful coach of this calibre is Bill Parcelles and he got to one Super Bowl. Many have failed horribly like Jimmy Johnson, Hank Stram, Mike Ditka and George Seiffert. Joe Gibbs couldn't capture the magic again and it was with the same frachise.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-02-2009, 10:16 PM

He's a motherfucking, unstable ass-hat. Just stop. Don't dig the hole any further.