PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV NSFW.... A spoiled diva is a spoiled diva, man or woman, makes no diff.

Frankie
02-03-2009, 09:37 AM
What an A-hole!:shake:

http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/02/bale-went-ballistic/

DaKCMan AP
02-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Diva is the female version of a hustler. Of a hustler. Of a. Of a hustler.

beach tribe
02-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Damn. That sucks. I kind of liked the dude.

There's no way I can respect someone who talks to someone else like that.

Personally, It would have been hard not to give him all he wanted, if blasted me like that.

Fish
02-03-2009, 09:46 AM
I don't care who he is, if he went off on me like that, I'd kick him square in the nuts... Attitude like that is only cured with an ass kicking.

Hammock Parties
02-03-2009, 09:47 AM
After that scene was finished, Bale went to his trailer and had ANGRY SEX.

Frankie
02-03-2009, 09:48 AM
I don't care who he is, if he went off on me like that, I'd kick him square in the nuts... Attitude like that is only cured with an ass kicking.

Joker should have knocked the Batballs out of him.

Frankie
02-03-2009, 09:49 AM
After that scene was finished, Bale went to his trailer and had ANGRY SEX.

So you are here to give us a personal account. ;)

Sure-Oz
02-03-2009, 09:50 AM
posted this in the media center....

i thought threads like this were supposed to be put there

rockymtnchief
02-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Everyone screws up from time to time at work. Bale was out of line acting like that. I would've let him vent for a minute. If he kept berating me any longer he'd be on his ass.

beach tribe
02-03-2009, 09:52 AM
posted this in the media center....

i thought threads like this were supposed to be put there

They are.

Hammock Parties
02-03-2009, 09:54 AM
He should have done it in the batman voice.

Frazod
02-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Meh. I used to work for a guy in the Navy who'd go off on me like that twice a day, except he didn't sound like a sissy. LMAO

Gonzo
02-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Well, I'll bet the d.p. won't walk on the set anymore. ROFL

Long Duk Dong
02-03-2009, 10:48 AM
What a prick.

keg in kc
02-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Sounds like some anger management issues. I could understand going off for 30 seconds, but he just kept going and going.

stevieray
02-03-2009, 10:51 AM
is there any doubt now that he attacked his mom and sister?

what a dick..this is exactly why I could care less about actors and movies...

Donger
02-03-2009, 10:52 AM
I love the fact that his British accent kind of creeped into that diatribe.

Hammock Parties
02-03-2009, 10:52 AM
this is exactly why I could care less about actors and movies...

So you care a great deal?

stevieray
02-03-2009, 10:56 AM
So you care a great deal?

ya, that's what I said, bobafag.

vailpass
02-03-2009, 10:56 AM
You people that don't live in Hollywood have no idea how things work. This guy is a millionaire for Christ sakes he can act how he wants. BTW this is NOT diva behavior, it is the required mode of behavior for any SAG card holder on set. Not that any of you plebes would know that.
I remember one time when Paris Hilton was using a Crystal bottle as a butt plug on me and I didn't grind hard enough for her. Boy did she let me have it, she called me every name in the book, fired me on the spot and pissed in my glove box.
God what a pro.
Not that I would expect any of you hicks to understand.
/Dane

Donger
02-03-2009, 10:57 AM
You people that don't live in Hollywood have no idea how things work. This guy is a millionaire for Christ sakes he can act how he wants. BTW this is NOT diva behavior, it is the required mode of behavior for any SAG card holder on set. Not that any of you plebes would know that.
I remember one time when Paris Hilton was using a Crystal bottle as a butt plug on me and I didn't grind hard enough for her. Boy did she let me have it, she called me every name in the book, fired me on the spot and pissed in my glove box.
God what a pro.
/Dane

ROFL

Fire Me Boy!
02-03-2009, 11:04 AM
God what a pro.
/Dane

OK... so I never look at usernames when I read posts, I just read the post. There for a brief moment (the first sentence), I actually thought that was a Dane post.

Iron Chef
02-03-2009, 11:14 AM
If you listen to what he is saying the guy walked into his line of site for the 2nd time distracting him from what is meant to be a dramatic seen. Mr. Bale is obviously a fancy man and should be treated with respect at all times.

Hammock Parties
02-03-2009, 11:15 AM
If you listen to what he is saying the guy walked into his line of site for the 2nd time distracting him from what is meant to be a dramatic seen. Mr. Bale is obviously a fancy man and should be treated with respect at all times.

His line of "site," eh?

Fucked up that "seen" for sure.

ROFL

Time's Yours
02-03-2009, 11:16 AM
What a nutjob.

unothadeal
His line of "site," eh?

****ed up that "seen" for sure.

ROFL

Glass house, stones, don't throw

Hammock Parties
ya, that's what I said, bobafag.

To what degree do you care?

stevieray
02-03-2009, 11:18 AM
I know that when I'm working on a painting, my kids better not even think about walking by and distracting me from my work...:rolleyes:

stevieray
02-03-2009, 11:21 AM
To what degree do you care?

less than I used to...

sad this is all you've got.

QuikSsurfer
02-03-2009, 11:24 AM
God what a pro.
/Dane

ROFL

Bi_polar
02-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Frankie, question:

"Do you know what Ed Gein said about women?"

MikeMaslowski
02-03-2009, 11:34 AM
damn....

fuck batman... what a cockface.

Iron Chef
02-03-2009, 11:34 AM
His line of "site," eh?

****ed up that "seen" for sure.

ROFL

You’re a real pip looser boy.

Oh gee internet fan boy made fun of me because my spell check selected the wrong word.

Should I just kill myself now?

TrickyNicky
02-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Sounds like he's doing a Gordon Ramsey impersonation.

MikeMaslowski
02-03-2009, 11:38 AM
You’re a real pip looser boy.

Oh gee internet fan boy made fun of me because my spell check selected the wrong word.

Should I just kill myself now?

only if you video tape it, and it's outside, and you do it with a shotgun, and some poor guy doesn't have to clean that shit up..

yeah, that would be funny....

and dammit claythan, quit giving me reasons not to like you.... I'm still waivering..

Fire Me Boy!
02-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Sounds like he's doing a Gordon Ramsey impersonation.
:shrug:

I didn't hear him say anything was raw. I think I did, however, hear him kick a trash can.

Sure-Oz
02-03-2009, 11:56 AM
God what a pro.
/Dane

:eek: ROFL

bogey
02-03-2009, 11:59 AM
I'd like to know the whole story. These union crews are full of dumb asses that are only employed because they're protected by the union. If some dip shit continuously fucks up and makes my work day longer and harder and no one is calling him on it, I'm going to call him on it. And if he acts indifferent, my anger is going to elevate.

Sure-Oz
02-03-2009, 12:00 PM
I'd like to know the whole story. These union crews are full of dumb asses that are only employed because they're protected by the union. If some dip shit continuously ****s up and makes my work day longer and harder and no one is calling him on it, I'm going to call him on it. And if he acts indifferent, my anger is going to elevate.

Into 3 min of f bombs??? i think a good minute would've sufficed....but he did say the guy was nice haha

Saccopoo
02-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Kudos to Christian. Here is a guy trying get in and maintain character (a demanding mental and physical task), and some dumbass walks right through the scene for a SECOND time? I applaud Bale for calling this slackjaw out and demanding professionalism on the work place. In fact, I sympathize with him...why is he having to do the director's job as well as his own? Why isn't the wuss director handling this situation? And the guy who is haplessly meandering about the set is the Director of Photography? This is the guy in charge of photography and he's too stupid to figure out how to stay out of a live scene? And secondly, do you know how much money is spent on individual scenes on a major motion picture? Bale's fiscal insight is to be applauded as well.

This situation is a direct result of the Industrial Revolution. Better medicine, better food, better living conditions, etc. = a near exponential population explosion over the last 150 years, which in turn means that the global society is overwhelmed by the result of allowing ineffectual males to breed. World culture is now swarmed with a mass of mediocrity (or worse) at nearly every level.

I really feel for Mr. Bale. It's a hard thing working with retards.

FAX
02-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Hmmm. I hate to offer an opinion that is counter to so many marvelously talented posters, but I don't see anything wrong with this.

Apparently, the guy walked through a scene and not for the first time. He needed and deserved to have his ass kicked by somebody and, apparently, the director wasn't going to do it. I'm on Bale's side on this one.

I think it's interesting that Bale is reaming the dumbass in a Bronx accent. I wonder how far into character he was when this happened?

Besides, this is pretty tame compared to some of the things I've seen. No bones were broken in the making of this movie.

FAX

bogey
02-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Into 3 min of f bombs??? i think a good minute would've sufficed....but he did say the guy was nice haha

Speaking for myself, one minute would have sufficed, unless the lazy mother fucker didn't give a shit about anyone else but himself and new he was protected by the union. It happens...often.

stevieray
02-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Hmmm. I hate to offer an opinion that is counter to so many marvelously talented posters, but I don't see anything wrong with this.

Apparently, the guy walked through a scene and not for the first time. He needed and deserved to have his ass kicked by somebody and, apparently, the director wasn't going to do it. I'm on Bale's side on this one.

I think it's interesting that Bale is reaming the dumbass in a Bronx accent. I wonder how far into character he was when this happened?

Besides, this is pretty tame compared to some of the things I've seen. No bones were broken in the making of this movie.

FAX

I respectfully disagree, Mr. FAX..a professional would be unfazed by simple distractions.

Sure-Oz
02-03-2009, 12:14 PM
We interupt this discussion for a RUH RUH RUH REMIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YTihsJQHt48&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YTihsJQHt48&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

vailpass
02-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Kudos to Christian. Here is a guy trying get in and maintain character (a demanding mental and physical task), and some dumbass walks right through the scene for a SECOND time? I applaud Bale for calling this slackjaw out and demanding professionalism on the work place. In fact, I sympathize with him...why is he having to do the director's job as well as his own? Why isn't the wuss director handling this situation? And the guy who is haplessly meandering about the set is the Director of Photography? This is the guy in charge of photography and he's too stupid to figure out how to stay out of a live scene? And secondly, do you know how much money is spent on individual scenes on a major motion picture? Bale's fiscal insight is to be applauded as well.

This situation is a direct result of the Industrial Revolution. Better medicine, better food, better living conditions, etc. = a near exponential population explosion over the last 150 years, which in turn means that the global society is overwhelmed by the result of allowing ineffectual males to breed. World culture is now swarmed with a mass of mediocrity (or worse) at nearly every level.

I really feel for Mr. Bale. It's a hard thing working with retards.

Damnit, I thought I had it down but your Dane parody blows mine away.:cuss:

melbar
02-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Like he's never forgotten a line or something? I'm sure he comes to the set every day and knocks out every scene on the first take...

FAX
02-03-2009, 12:25 PM
I respectfully disagree, Mr. FAX..a professional would be unfazed by simple distractions.

It's a good point, Mr. stevieray. But, have you ever done any professional acting? It's kind of different. Bale gets paid to assume a character ... go deep into it. To become that person. That's his job and the reason he's on the A-list is because he does it so well. I wonder who his character is in this case - because of the Bronx accent and all.

So, he's on the set doing his job when this dumbass just walks through a scene breaking his concentration and the moment? Nope. Bale isn't at fault here. Fault lies with the dumbass ... and the director who should have handled the situation.

FAX

DaneMcCloud
02-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Speaking for myself, one minute would have sufficed, unless the lazy mother fucker didn't give a shit about anyone else but himself and new he was protected by the union. It happens...often.

FAX

Bale is the star. He's being paid in the millions of dollars to carry a movie not only through his character but financially as well. It was clearly unprofessional for this guy to interrupt his scene not once, but twice.

People outside of the creative business may not understand but I can guarantee you that if this happened to Frank Sinatra in the middle of singing a song, or Johnny Cash or Clint Eastwood or any other legendary artist, the results would likely be the same.

And for those of you who think that Les Grossman is an exaggeration, you're sadly mistaken.

Fire Me Boy!
02-03-2009, 12:29 PM

No, I don't think so. An amateur would be unfazed.

Bale said in his tirade that he's there, in the scene, and this guy goes walking through. In his mind, that guy isn't in the scene. It will fuck with his portrayal.

Of course, this is based on my experience as a director. I've worked with only a couple of actors I think have the chops to "make it" professionally, and I know it would have bothered them.

Acting is more RE-acting than anything, and something like this would destroy that imagined/created world.

bogey

Lets say you were a drywaller and the boss has his son working with you and his job is to help you hold it in place while you screw it in. Let's say you take pride in your work and the son continually holds the drywall crooked, therefore all your drywall comes out crooked. The son doesn't give a shit about you, because he's the bosses son. Are you going to remain unfazed because of a simple distraction?

noa
That's exactly how John Connor would have reacted.

stevieray
02-03-2009, 12:30 PM
It's a good point, Mr. stevieray. But, have you ever done any professional acting? It's kind of different. Bale gets paid to assume a character ... go deep into it. To become that person. That's his job and the reason he's on the A-list is because he does it so well. I wonder who his character is in this case - because of the Bronx accent and all.

So, he's on the set doing his job when this dumbass just walks through a scene breaking his concentration and the moment? Nope. Bale isn't at fault here. Fault lies with the dumbass ... and the director who should have handled the situation.

FAX

excellent actors don't have to try, IMO...

Fire Me Boy!
02-03-2009, 12:33 PM

I don't know what you do for a living, but have you ever acted or worked with actors?

It's not easy for even the really good ones. Excellent actors try harder than mediocre ones, it's why they're so damn good. Guys like Bale, Deniro, Depp, Brando, Newman... they work their ASSES off to portray their characters.

blaise
02-03-2009, 12:34 PM

Really? I would think it's like anything else. You could be passable with the minimum, but if you want to be really good you need to do more.

DaneMcCloud

I disagree with that statement.

Bale is clearly a "Method" actor. Method actors stay in character all day long. Some stay in character for weeks.

Bale did nothing wrong here. It may "appear" to be wrong to people that live and work outside of the creative business, but he didn't do anything wrong.

The guy who interrupted on the other hand, deserves to be fired. That's unquestionably uncalled for on a movie set where they're likely spending millions of dollars a day.

Sure-Oz
I don't know what you do for a living, but have you ever acted or worked with actors?

It's not easy for even the really good ones. Excellent actors try harder than mediocre ones, it's why they're so damn good. Guys like Bale, Deniro, Depp, Brando, Newman... they work their ASSES off to portray their characters.

Has Bale ever been Elvis??? let alone first fucking down elvis???

amateur

stevieray
02-03-2009, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=Fire Me Boy!;5454137]I don't know what you do for a living, but have you ever acted or worked with actors?

It's not easy for even the really good ones. QUOTE]

then they aren't very good, are they?

FAX
02-03-2009, 12:36 PM

Hmmm.

Some do and some don't. The guy who plays "Posse Member #7 On The Brown Horse In The Back" doesn't have to try. But guys the caliber of Bale work their asses off to prepare for a scene and to get it right in the moment.

It's really difficult, Mr. stevieray. It takes complete concentration and surrendering yourself to the character. Some guys go so deep, in fact, that sometimes it's difficult to make it all the way back to where you were when you started. I know you know this. I 100% guarantee you that Depp or Costner or Eastwood or anybody else of that caliber would sympathise with Bale on this.

FAX

DaneMcCloud
02-03-2009, 12:38 PM

It's not easy for even the really good ones.

then they aren't very good, are they?So you're of the opinion that an actor isn't "good" if he has to get into character? That an actor should just walk onto the set after having breakfast and seamlessly become someone he's not?

If you're talking about people that are bigger than life and that rarely change from film to film (John Wayne, Charlton Heston, Stallone, Arnold, etc.) then I'd agree.

But if an actor transforms himself into a totally different character, there's more needed than just walking on to the set.

FAX
02-03-2009, 12:39 PM
John Wayne would have busted that slackjaw's nose.

FAX

stevieray
02-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Hmmm.

Some do and some don't. The guy who plays "Posse Member #7 On The Brown Horse In The Back" doesn't have to try. But guys the caliber of Bale work their asses off to prepare for a scene and to get it right in the moment.

It's really difficult, Mr. stevieray. It takes complete concentration and surrendering yourself to the character. Some guys go so deep, in fact, that sometimes it's difficult to make it all the way back to where you were when you started. I know you know this. I 100% guarantee you that Depp or Costner or Eastwood or anybody else of that caliber would sympathise with Bale on this.

FAX

if your concentration can be that easily broken, then you haven't surrendered anything..in fact, I'd say that if you can come out of character that 'fast' just to go off on somebody, it's more about you than anything else. .

Saccopoo
02-03-2009, 12:43 PM
John Wayne would have busted that slackjaw's nose.

FAX

John Wayne was a pillowbiter.

Edit - Thanks Planet automod - perfectly ruined my Repo Man ripoff.

FAX
02-03-2009, 12:44 PM
if your concentration can be that easily broken, then you haven't surrendered anything..in fact, I'd say that if you can come out of character that 'fast' just to go off on somebody, it's more about you than anything else. .

That's what I was mentioning earlier, Mr. stevieray.

Bale chews out this dumbass in a New York accent. Bale does not normally have a New York accent. I'm not completely sure how far out of character he was. All he knew was that this guy was interrupting a scene - which he was.

No good director would allow it. Hitchcock would have fired the guy on the spot. Why? Not because they're no good at their job or assholes. The would fire him because it's unprofessional and it screws with the actors' concentration.

I know you know this. Are you screwing with us?

FAX

Thig Lyfe
02-03-2009, 12:46 PM
I'm siding with Dane and FAX on this one. You have to stay out of the way of a Method actor when he or she is into it.

Dartgod
02-03-2009, 12:47 PM
I don't give a crap who he is or what his reasons for going off were, there was absolutely no justification for the way he reacted. Like someone else mentioned he clearly has anger issues.

A better man would have been upset as well, yet handled it differently.

DeezNutz
When you're at your job, do it correctly, and there will be no negative consequences.

stevieray
That's what I was mentioning earlier, Mr. stevieray.

Bale chews out this dumbass in a New York accent. Bale does not normally have a New York accent. I'm not completely sure how far out of character he was. All he knew was that this guy was interrupting a scene - which he was.

No good director would allow it. Hitchcock would have fired the guy on the spot. Why? Not because they're no good at their job or assholes. The would fire him because it's unprofessional and it screws with the actors' concentration.

I know you know this. Are you screwing with us?

FAX

not at all...As a musician, I would think you would understand my point..havn't you ever met other musicians who make playing look effortless?

Thig Lyfe
02-03-2009, 12:48 PM

It's not about concentration. It's about taking an actor out of the moment of a scene. It's extremely jarring and impossible not to react.

Fire Me Boy!
02-03-2009, 12:50 PM
So you're of the opinion that an actor isn't "good" if he has to get into character? That an actor should just walk onto the set after having breakfast and seamlessly become someone he's not?

If you're talking about people that are bigger than life and that rarely change from film to film (John Wayne, Charlton Heston, Stallone, Arnold, etc.) then I'd agree.

But if an actor transforms himself into a totally different character, there's more needed than just walking on to the set.

There for a second, I thought you were talking to me.

stevieray
02-03-2009, 12:51 PM
I don't give a crap who he is or what his reasons for going off were, there was absolutely no justification for the way he reacted. Like someone else mentioned he clearly has anger issues.

A better man would have been upset as well, yet handled it differently.

yup, Bale is just another employee...if he thought that the director wasn't doing his job, he could've easily gone to the producer(boss) and taken care of it in a professional manner..he wasn't worried about someone elses money, IMO.

stevieray
02-03-2009, 12:52 PM
It's not about concentration. It's about taking an actor out of the moment of a scene. It's extremely jarring and impossible not to react.

disagree.

Fire Me Boy!
02-03-2009, 12:53 PM
not at all...As a musician, I would think you would understand my point..havn't you ever met other musicians who make playing look effortless?
Looking effortless, and being effortless are two completely different things. Do you think Eric Clapton doesn't have to try to be good? Do you think Itzhak Perlman doesn't practice?

DeezNutz
02-03-2009, 12:54 PM
yup, Bale is just another employee...if he thought that the director wasn't doing his job, he couldv'e easily gone to the producer(boss) and taken care of it in a professional manner..he wasn't worried about someone elses money, IMO.

He could have just as easily gone to the director and demanded the lighting guy be fired, immediately.

On the set, I'd wager that any major actor would have the sway to get this accomplished. He's not just another employee; he's one of the most important employees.

From this perspective, some cussing sounds like a better alternative.

Jenson71
02-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Two somewhat related incidents:

I recently met a director for FoxNews. He told me that a few weeks ago, Bill O'Reilly threatened to fire a lighting director because he thought he looked bad on one of the shows.

Second, I was in a play my freshmen year of college. It was Antigone. They needed some people so I thought I'd take the opportunity. I had one line, at the beginning. I never got yelled at, but the director was intense. I thought I would get yelled at for sure at some point, for anything. Once he asked a female lead who got sick from Red Lobsters if she saw "A FUCKING SEA IN IOWA!?" I was terrified. But one thing these actors did before practice and the shows were relaxation techniques. We laid on the ground and did breathing exercises. It was pretty nice. They would give massages, but I never asked for one being that my role was so small it would have seemed ridiculous.

FAX
02-03-2009, 12:55 PM

Okay. I think you're just being argumentative, but I'll go with you on this. Actually (and this has taken years of work), I, myself, make playing look "effortless". I know this because peeps have told me so for years. But, it's not. It's requires a dreadful amount of preparation and practice and education. So, it looks easy but it's not. That's why I get paid, though. If it looked difficult, I'd find it hard to be accepted as a guitarist. Nobody wants to work with a guitarist who looks like he's struggling. That doesn't make sense.

Anyhow, when we're in the studio and the studio is costing thousands of dollars an hour (counting studio time, tape, musicians, etc.) and some dipshit starts whistling the theme to "Man of La Mancha" in the middle of a take, he would be lucky to leave the place alive. Not just with a good ass chewing.

And this guy did it twice! Not once, but twice!! Presumably after a warning!

Nope. The dumbass is in the wrong. And the director, of course.

FAX

stevieray
02-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Looking effortless, and being effortless are two completely different things. Do you think Eric Clapton doesn't have to try to be good? Do you think Itzhak Perlman doesn't practice?

semantics.

Bi_polar
02-03-2009, 01:02 PM
C'mon guys, there are more important things to worry about than Christian Bale, for examples: we have to end apartheid, for one,
slow down the nuclear arms race, stop terrorism and world hunger.
We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless...
and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights,
while also promoting equal rights for women.
We have to encourage a return...
to traditional moral values.
Most importantly,
we have to promote general social concern...
and less materialism in young people.

Dartgod
02-03-2009, 01:03 PM
He could have just as easily gone to the director and demanded the lighting guy be fired, immediately.

On the set, I'd wager that any major actor would have the sway to get this accomplished. He's not just another employee; he's one of the most important employees.

From this perspective, some cussing sounds like a better alternative.
Some cussing? Seriously? The guy sounds like a spoiled kid.

Look, he has every right to be upset that this distraction took him out of character....twice.

But reacting that way accomplishes nothing more than making him sound like an out of control rage-a-holic.

Believe me, I know.

bogey
02-03-2009, 01:03 PM
C'mon guys, there are more important things to worry about than Christian Bale, for examples: we have to end apartheid, for one,
slow down the nuclear arms race, stop terrorism and world hunger.
We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless...
and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights,
while also promoting equal rights for women.
We have to encourage a return...
to traditional moral values.
Most importantly,
we have to promote general social concern...
and less materialism in young people.

Why don't you start a different thread about this.

Fire Me Boy!
02-03-2009, 01:04 PM
semantics.

No, it's not semantics. Just because something looks effortless, does not by any means indicate that it is effortless.

stevieray
02-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Okay. I think you're just being argumentative, but I'll go with you on this. Actually (and this has taken years of work), I, myself, make playing look "effortless". I know this because peeps have told me so for years. But, it's not. It's requires a dreadful amount of preparation and practice and education. So, it looks easy but it's not. That's why I get paid, though. If it looked difficult, I'd find it hard to be accepted as a guitarist. Nobody wants to work with a guitarist who looks like he's struggling. That doesn't make sense.

Anyhow, when we're in the studio and the studio is costing thousands of dollars an hour (counting studio time, tape, musicians, etc.) and some dipshit starts whistling the theme to "Man of La Mancha" in the middle of a take, he would be lucky to leave the place alive. Not just with a good ass chewing.

And this guy did it twice! Not once, but twice!! Presumably after a warning!

Nope. The dumbass is in the wrong. And the director, of course.

FAX

whistling and walking are two different things...making sounds while a recording is in session validates a reaction...I don't equate that with someone walking by...do QB's get distracted by movemnt on the defense? or needing a score in a two minute drill?

pressure under fire is what determines greatness.

Donger
02-03-2009, 01:05 PM
They should have just offered him a Hershey bar. He would've calmed right down.

stevieray
02-03-2009, 01:06 PM
No, it's not semantics. Just because something looks effortless, does not by any means indicate that it is effortless.

yes it is...the time has already been put in.... and playing does come easily to some than others...Bale isn't a noob.

blaise
02-03-2009, 01:07 PM
He had to go and return some videotapes.

Fire Me Boy!
02-03-2009, 01:08 PM
yes it is...the time has already been put in.... and playing does come easily to some than others...Bale isn't a noob.

I respect that you're a poster that's been her longer than I, but you've thoroughly convinced me that you don't know WTF you're talking about. More easily than others doesn't mean it's easy.

DeezNutz
02-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Some cussing? Seriously? The guy sounds like a spoiled kid.

Look, he has every right to be upset that this distraction took him out of character....twice.

But reacting that way accomplishes nothing more than making him sound like an out of control rage-a-holic.

Believe me, I know.

I don't disagree that the 3 minute clip doesn't sound or play well at all. Removed from the emotion of the situation, I'm sure Bale might be (potentially) embarrassed by his reaction.

Apparently, however, this dipshit was clueless, and no one was correcting the situation. Toward the end of the clip, it also sounds like the light tech made a smart-ass comment because Bale gets fired up again, after starting to calm down.

I don't know. In the same situation, I don't know if I'm being polite and controlled. Ideally we'd all like to be this way, but...

fan4ever
02-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Actor, not an actor, doesn't matter to me. I think cutting people breaks for their childish and abusive behavior because of what they do for a living is ridiculous. I'm 49 years old, and I've never treated another human being like that; not at home, at work, anywhere. I've often been told I have the mouth of a sailor/truck driver so I'm no saint. I also have a flashpoint temper and have had to apoligize to people many times in my life for being an a-hole. But I've never gone off on anyone like that, especially for that length of time. Anyone who thinks what he did, no matter what the circumstance, is OK I just can't fathom. For that kind of behavior somebody would have had to been injured or something equally tramatic; not just having spoiled a scene for a second time.

stevieray
02-03-2009, 01:17 PM
I respect that you're a poster that's been her longer than I, but you've thoroughly convinced me that you don't know WTF you're talking about. More easily than others doesn't mean it's easy.

me being here longer than you doesn't mean sqaut...

you're playing semantics agiain. i never said it was easy....many people can learn to play guitar, doesn't make everyone a great guitar player..

..if someone screws up while playing a song live..does the singer stop the show and throw a tantrum?

Fire Me Boy!
02-03-2009, 01:23 PM

you're playing semantics agiain. i never said it was easy....many people can learn to play guitar, doesn't make everyone a great guitar player..

..if someone screws up while playing a song live..does the singer stop the show and throw a tantrum?

You're right. Many can learn, and few are great. What makes them great is a combination of work and talent. They will not get to be great without BOTH. Will not. Period. No ifs ands or buts.

And there's a HUGE difference between playing live and getting a scene right on film. If an actor in a stage play screws up, do they throw a tantrum? No. The show must go on. But if an actor in a film screws up, the director yells cut. They start over. Big damn difference.

FAX
02-03-2009, 01:26 PM
whistling and walking are two different things...making sounds while a recording is in session validates a reaction...I don't equate that with someone walking by...do QB's get distracted by movemnt on the defense? or needing a score in a two minute drill?

pressure under fire is what determines greatness.

ROFL

John Wayne would have ripped this guy's liver out through his asshole and the crew would have left him in the desert location to die.

FAX

FAX
02-03-2009, 01:28 PM

I think he's messing with us.

FAX

Fire Me Boy!
02-03-2009, 01:29 PM
I think he's messing with us.

FAX

I think so too, now. No one is that stupid.

FAX
02-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Actor, not an actor, doesn't matter to me. I think cutting people breaks for their childish and abusive behavior because of what they do for a living is ridiculous. I'm 49 years old, and I've never treated another human being like that; not at home, at work, anywhere. I've often been told I have the mouth of a sailor/truck driver so I'm no saint. I also have a flashpoint temper and have had to apoligize to people many times in my life for being an a-hole. But I've never gone off on anyone like that, especially for that length of time. Anyone who thinks what he did, no matter what the circumstance, is OK I just can't fathom. For that kind of behavior somebody would have had to been injured or something equally tramatic; not just having spoiled a scene for a second time.

Excellent points, Mr. fan4ever. Well said. Well said, indeed.

Try to look at it this way, though. What this dumbass did is nothing short of stealing. By virtue of his unprofessionalism and thoughtlessness, he stole time and money from the project. He is, therefore, a thief and should be treated as such. He is a dumbass, too. This means he deserves to have his head held in a tank of zebra spittle until he passes out or poops his pants. Bale let him off easy.

FAX

stevieray
02-03-2009, 01:32 PM
You're right. Many can learn, and few are great. What makes them great is a combination of work and talent. They will not get to be great without BOTH. Will not. Period. No ifs ands or buts.

And there's a HUGE difference between playing live and getting a scene right on film. If an actor in a stage play screws up, do they throw a tantrum? No. The show must go on. But if an actor in a film screws up, the director yells cut. They start over. Big damn difference.

I never said that it doesn't take both....and I'll defer to melbars comment about how he has never had to do a retake from messing up a line.

so a guy walking by a set is a waste, ten seconds tops. compared to a rant that goes on and on? Bale could've easily just said whoa, I got distracted, let's do it again, and made his case to the director or producer...instead, he felt compelled to act like it was an unforgivable mistake...:rolleyes:

again, if he's that easily distracted, he can't be that deep into 'character'

stevieray
02-03-2009, 01:33 PM
indeed.

By virtue of his unprofessionalism and thoughtlessness, he stole time and money from the project.

FAX

..as did Bale.

FAX
02-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Flubbing a line is a mistake. Walking onto the set during a take (twice, by the way) is first degree dumbassery. Punishable by zebra spittle.

FAX

stevieray
02-03-2009, 01:34 PM
No one is that stupid.

fuck you.

stevieray
02-03-2009, 01:35 PM
. Punishable by zebra spittle.

FAX

ROFL

rep.

FAX
02-03-2009, 01:35 PM
..as did Bale.

Like any responsible person, Bale was forced to correct the situation so it wouldn't happen again. He would have preferred not to berate the dumbass because he would have preferred that the dumbass not walk onto the set.

Now I know you're messing with us.

FAX

DeezNutz
02-03-2009, 01:37 PM
**** you.

ROFL

rep.

The above juxtapositioning encapsulates the CP experience.

stevieray
02-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Like any responsible person, Bale was forced to correct the situation so it wouldn't happen again. He would have preferred not to berate the dumbass because he would have preferred that the dumbass not walk onto the set.

Now I know you're messing with us.

FAX

i think it's obvious he definitely preferred to berate the dp.

stevieray
02-03-2009, 01:39 PM
The above juxtaposition encapsulates the CP experience.

I'm laughing at the choice of words, only FAX could come up with zebra spittle.

FAX
02-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Right or wrong, I've seen a whole lot worse. I once saw a drummer almost kill a guy in the studio for doing something similar (interrupting a good take for the third time). The guy coughed after taking a hit.

Anyhow, there are a lot of talented assholes in the world. In Bale's case, I want him to keep making movies and if that means that a few dps must be sacrificed along the way, so be it. Eventually, if Bale is so horribly difficult to work with, peeps will stop working with him. I doubt that will happen.

My suggestion is that the dumbass dp should grovel and swear on his mother's cooter that he'll never do anything like that again and all will be right with the world.

FAX

DeezNutz
02-03-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm laughing at the choice of words, only FAX could come up with zebra spittle.

I know you were.

It was the abrupt shift in tone that I found amusing. From "**** you" to "rep" in .02 seconds.

That's the nature of this place. I might go Bale on your ass one second, and be repping you like Chappy gave it to the fat girl the next.

kysirsoze
02-03-2009, 01:46 PM
I'm siding with Dane and FAX on this one. You have to stay out of the way of a Method actor when he or she is into it.

As an actor, I can say it sucks when someone screws up a scene while you're in the middle of it. Still, the whole cop-out of "method" is bullshit. Telling the guy what he thought is one thing but going to this length to humiliate him is completely unreasonable. I don't care how "into" a character you are. What is unprofessional is acting like a spoiled child in the middle of a set. The director even tries to take a break after the tirade to let everyone cool off and Bale demands to go right back to it. Sorry, that's unprofessional and if he wasn't a big time star he would have been fired and recast. (Depending on where they were in filming of course.)

FAX
02-03-2009, 01:48 PM
As an actor, I can say it sucks when someone screws up a scene while you're in the middle of it. Still, the whole cop-out of "method" is bullshit. Telling the guy what he thought is one thing but going to this length to humiliate him is completely unreasonable. I don't care how "into" a character you are. What is unprofessional is acting like a spoiled child in the middle of a set. The director even tries to take a break after the tirade to let everyone cool off and Bale demands to go right back to it. Sorry, that's unprofessional and if he wasn't a big time star he would have been fired and recast. (Depending on where they were in filming of course.)

I think Bale's money is in the project, Mr. kysirsoze. If so, he's going to be pretty darn difficult to fire.

And, if he is an investor, he gets to decide whether people walk around on the set during a take or not. I think he made his point and the dp lived to see another day. No harm.

FAX

kysirsoze
02-03-2009, 01:51 PM
I think Bale's money is in the project, Mr. kysirsoze. If so, he's going to be pretty darn difficult to fire.

And, if he is an investor, he gets to decide whether people walk around on the set during a take or not. I think he made his point and the dp lived to see another day. No harm.

FAX

He doesn't have any producer or EP credits from what I've seen but if his money is in the movie that certainly changes things.

KCCHIEFS27
02-03-2009, 01:56 PM
This is Terminator, nobody cares about Christian Bale and his great acting skills. Let's be honest, all I care about with this movie is if the special effects guy gets distracted. Because the special effects are going to carry this movie, nobody wants to see this idiot go into deep character. It isn't necessary, Arnold played the character and people loved it. So, get off your high horse and enjoy the life you live my friend.

DaneMcCloud
02-03-2009, 01:58 PM

Legendary drummer Buddy Rich fired guys in the middle of songs while performing.

Paul Anka has completely gone off the deep end on recording engineers.

William Shatner argued pronunciation with a sound engineer over the word "Sabotage".

All of those can be found on video or audio.

The list is absolutely endless of performers "losing it" while interrupted by doing their work.

It's quite possible that you don't understand the immense concentration that's exerted by professional creatives and the enormous amount of pressure they're under while doing their jobs.

I'm not stating that I condone Bale's behavior but he's certainly not the first and definitely not the last creative to be interrupted, then have an extremely negative reaction.

Regardless of whether it's deserved or not.

Frazod
02-03-2009, 01:59 PM
I only listened to the recording once, but it seemed like there were several spots where it would have ended had somebody else not chimed in with something that set Bale off all over again. Not defending him, but if these people had been working with him for awhile, you'd think that they'd probably seen an earlier tantrum or two and should have known to let him vent and then move on. It did seem to me that they kept pushing his buttons by basically not shutting the hell up. You're not going to reason with somebody who is emotional and angry until they've calmed down.

DaneMcCloud
02-03-2009, 02:00 PM
He doesn't have any producer or EP credits from what I've seen but if his money is in the movie that certainly changes things.

It's not only that, it's the enormous amount of money spent filming to date. I'm sure they've spent in excess of $2 million per day on crewing, locations, etc.

That doesn't include Bale's upfront salary or his back end piece. There's no way in hell he gets fired for something like this. Too much is riding on his performance, including money.

Saccopoo
02-03-2009, 02:01 PM
I only listened to the recording once, but it seemed like there were several spots where it would have ended had somebody else not chimed in with something that set Bale off all over again. Not defending him, but if these people had been working with him for awhile, you'd think that they'd probably seen an earlier tantrum or two and should have known to let him vent and then move on. It did seem to me that they kept pushing his buttons by basically not shutting the hell up. You're not going to reason with somebody who is emotional and angry until they've calmed down.

Are you dating my ex-wife?

kysirsoze
02-03-2009, 02:04 PM

ROFL

Frazod
02-03-2009, 02:08 PM

Well, if her name's Jennifer, I could be married to her. LMAO

But that is exactly the kind of thing she does when I'm pissed off - there'll be a moment of silence, I'll start to calm down, and then she'll say "I was only trying to..." and BOOM there I go again.

Claims she doesn't do it deliberately, but I know better.

Damn women.

:cuss:

Pennywise
Legendary drummer Buddy Rich fired guys in the middle of songs while performing.

William Shatner argued pronunciation with a sound engineer over the word "Sabotage".

The list is absolutely endless of performers "losing it" while interrupted by doing their work.

It's quite possible that you don't understand the immense concentration that's exerted by professional creatives and the enormous amount of pressure they're under while doing their jobs.

I'm not stating that I condone Bale's behavior but he's certainly not the first and definitely not the last creative to be interrupted, then have an extremely negative reaction.

The delicate genius can't be disturbed!

Fire Me Boy!

This is what I've been trying to say. Thanks, Dane. :thumb:

But according to stevie, they're not good. If they were good, it'd be easy.

Fire Me Boy!
02-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Well, if her name's Jennifer, I could be married to her. LMAO

But that is exactly the kind of thing she does when I'm pissed off - there'll be a moment of silence, I'll start to calm down, and then she'll say "I was only trying to..." and BOOM there I go again.

Claims she doesn't do it deliberately, but I know better.

Damn women.

:cuss:

I hear they're crazy. I think they know it, too.

DaneMcCloud
02-03-2009, 02:16 PM
This is what I've been trying to say. Thanks, Dane. :thumb:

But according to stevie, they're not good. If they were good, it'd be easy.

If it were easy, then every single actor and musician that ever stepped foot in Hollywood would be rich and famous.

That certainly is not the case.

Fish
02-03-2009, 02:23 PM

Just because other "famous" people have done it doesn't mean it's right. And don't act like "professional creatives" are the only people that get frustrated in the workplace when something goes wrong. There are lots of other professions that create enormous pressure, and the work they do is a helluva lot more critical than the entertainment business, and the mistakes are just as expensive. But for some reason, you hear about these kinds of childish outbursts in hollywood all the time, while other professions not so much.

The fact that this is accepted by those in the entertainment business just shows what a fucked up disaster that profession is.

vailpass
02-03-2009, 02:25 PM
LOL at some on here who treat acting so seriously. If a national state of emergency arose and resources were allocated according to order of societal importance actor guy would find himself unemployed and unnecessary before garbage man and undertaker.

DaneMcCloud
02-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Just because other "famous" people have done it doesn't mean it's right. And don't act like "professional creatives" are the only people that get frustrated in the workplace when something goes wrong. There are lots of other professions that create enormous pressure, and the work they do is a helluva lot more critical than the entertainment business, and the mistakes are just as expensive. But for some reason, you hear about these kinds of childish outbursts in hollywood all the time, while other professions not so much.

Are you stating that people don't "Lose it" businesses outside of entertainment?

If so, you and I have most certainly had different workplace experiences. I've had bosses and owners go fucking ballistic at automotive places, warehouse jobs, mail rooms, etc.

The reason that they're not reported in the media is that they are not "famous".

bogey
02-03-2009, 02:32 PM
As I rethink this, I agree that he likely over-reacted and should have handled it differently. Whether he has a temper tantrum or goes to the director and quietly demands a change, he still has to break character. He handled it poorly, period.

tomahawk kid
02-03-2009, 02:33 PM
I love the fact that his British accent kind of creeped into that diatribe.

I noticed that too.

The most worked up he got - the thicker the accent got.

Fish
02-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Are you stating that people don't "Lose it" businesses outside of entertainment?

If so, you and I have most certainly had different workplace experiences. I've had bosses and owners go ****ing ballistic at automotive places, warehouse jobs, mail rooms, etc.

The reason that they're not reported in the media is that they are "famous".

Yes of course Dane... they're not reported because they aren't famous... :rolleyes:

Important things do happen outside of the fantasyland that is hollywood.... and guess what... it's very very different...

Fire Me Boy!
02-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Yes of course Dane... they're not reported because they aren't famous... :rolleyes:

Important things do happen outside of the fantasyland that is hollywood.... and guess what... it's very very different...

In this instance, Dane is 100 percent right. Someone having a fit in a business doesn't go reported. Someone famous having a fit becomes a huge story because of the public's thirst for celebrity news. Just because you may not have that thirst doesn't mean the majority of America doesn't. It's the reason we have entire channels on television devoted to it.

vailpass
02-03-2009, 02:41 PM

If so, you and I have most certainly had different workplace experiences. I've had bosses and owners go ****ing ballistic at automotive places, warehouse jobs, mail rooms, etc.

The reason that they're not reported in the media is that they are not "famous".

1: No, executives in the business world do not have public tantrums like this. Never.

2: If an exec did have a fit it would be much more justifiable as he/she was having a fit over an important business matter as opposed to having a fit because someone interrupted you while you were playing pretend.

FAX
02-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Bale was pissed. Why shouldn't he be? His job is to give the best performance he can and the dumbass was interferring. According to the tape, this wasn't the first time the dumbass did the same, exact thing. Clearly, the director wasn't doing anything about it so Bale took the bull by the horns. I still have no problem with it.

The public likes to tear down people who are rich and famous. That's a subject for another thread, I suppose. But Bale could have poked out the dumbass's eyes or torn out his hair Mo-style, but he didn't. All he did was call him out.

Poor little dumbass. Got his wittle feelings hurt because he was so stupid he didn't know better than to walk through the set during a take. Give me a break.

FAX

Saccopoo
02-03-2009, 02:48 PM
1: No, executives in the business world do not have public tantrums like this. Never.

Hahaha!!

That's funny.

Oh...public. Well, consider that this really wasn't public, but in the work place where people have cameras and mics and other such thingamabobs to record voices and capture souls and the like. Actually, didn't Leona Helmsly have a couple of "caught on tape" bursts of insanity. I'm sure that there are actually many others as well.

However, execs go nuts just like this. All the time. And let's not even start on political leaders insanities.

I

Bi_polar
02-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Bale was pissed. Why shouldn't he be? His job is to give the best performance he can and the dumbass was interferring. According to the tape, this wasn't the first time the dumbass did the same, exact thing. Clearly, the director wasn't doing anything about it so Bale took the bull by the horns. I still have no problem with it.

The public likes to tear down people who are rich and famous. That's a subject for another thread, I suppose. But Bale could have poked out the dumbass's eyes or torn out his hair Mo-style, but he didn't. All he did was call him out.

Poor little dumbass. Got his wittle feelings hurt because he was so stupid he didn't know better than to walk through the set during a take. Give me a break.

FAX

Frazod
02-03-2009, 02:51 PM

2: If an exec did have a fit it would be much more justifiable as he/she was having a fit over an important business matter as opposed to having a fit because someone interrupted you while you were playing pretend.

Horseshit. In fact, this is one of the dumbest fucking things I've ever seen posted here. I've seen tantrums like that thrown more times than I could count, by senior attorneys and wealthy clients ranging from multi-millionaire CEOs to pampered trust fund babies. All it takes is knowing you can get away with it.

alpha_omega
02-03-2009, 02:55 PM
The guy got pisted...no big deal.

Just for the record...this is the lamest NSFW thread i have ever clicked on. I was hoping for something more than just a little profanity. That being said...thanks for still marking it NSFW Frankie.

tomahawk kid
02-03-2009, 02:56 PM
I think I speak for all of us when I say I'd like to know the location of the Shatner rant.

vailpass
02-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Horseshit. In fact, this is one of the dumbest ****ing things I've ever seen posted here. I've seen tantrums like that thrown more times than I could count, by senior attorneys and wealthy clients ranging from multi-millionaire CEOs to pampered trust fund babies. All it takes is knowing you can get away with it.

Your firms allows their janitors to sit in on client meetings?

Frazod
02-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Your firms allows their janitors to sit in on client meetings?

Whatever, douche. You're an idiot and liar, and clearly don't know anything more about big business than you do about being a man.

But I'm glad you don't throw fits down at your bait shop, Bubba.

vailpass
02-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Whatever, douche. You're an idiot and liar, and clearly don't know anything more about big business than you do about being a man.

But I'm glad you don't throw fits down at your bait shop, Bubba.

:D Easy Flounder, remember what happens when your already overworked heart gets stressed.

Frazod
02-03-2009, 03:11 PM
:D Easy Flounder, remember what happens when your already overworked heart gets stressed.

We're still waiting for that apology in the Derrick Thomas thread, too. Remember when you accused us of being vile scum like you and you were proven yet again to be a lying cocksucker? Perhaps I should bump that for you.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-03-2009, 03:18 PM
A couple of things about Bale that I posted in the Media Center:

1) He's really reclusive. A very private person. Hates doing interviews, and has since his first role in Empire of the Son.
2) When he blew up at his family last year, it was because they were asking him for 100 stacks out of the blue, and they have blown money before.
3) He obviously has an anger management problem
4) He takes himself and his work incredibly seriously. You are talking about a guy that ate a can of tuna and an apple and nothing else for 6 months to drop down to 120 pounds for a role, and wanted to go down to 100 but the studio wouldn't let him. Then, he gains 100 pounds for his role in Batman Begins.

You are talking about a guy who is incredibly focused. In some ways, his personality vis-a-vis his craft reminds me of Michael Jordan, who was psychotically competitive. The man got in a fucking fist fight with Steve Kerr, for fuck's sake.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-03-2009, 03:19 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f6SAnlipyYM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f6SAnlipyYM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

warrior
02-03-2009, 03:26 PM

Bigot and a moron. :eek:

bogey
02-03-2009, 03:28 PM

Are you kidding?

kysirsoze
02-03-2009, 03:30 PM
The fact that he's a genius (up for debate) in no way excuses him, though. There are tons of actors that are better and more accomplished that him that don't act this way.

teedubya
02-03-2009, 03:41 PM
It seemed to me by listening to it, that he didn't walk on the scene... but was moving outside of camera view... looking at the lights. And his movement distracted Christian... NOT that he got on the scene.

DaneMcCloud
02-03-2009, 03:43 PM

1. I think you're being facetious. There's no way you're serious.

2. He's playing "pretend" with more than $125 million dollars at stake. He's not in someone's backyard.

James Harrison went off on a guy during the Super Bowl, repeated punching him.

Are you implying that he's justified in doing so because it's "real"?

kysirsoze
02-03-2009, 03:43 PM
It seemed to me by listening to it, that he didn't walk on the scene... but was moving outside of camera view... looking at the lights. And his movement distracted Christian... NOT that he got on the scene.

me too. Still should wait until cut to adjust lights, though.

FAX
02-03-2009, 03:44 PM

If he was moving around in Bale's eyeline, it's the same thing though. He was probably making monkey faces, too.

FAX

DaneMcCloud
02-03-2009, 03:46 PM

Again, the reason you don't hear about them in the news is because the public is not fascinated with them. There are not gossip programs about CEO's and reality shows business executives because quite frankly, no one cares about them.

But please, let's not pretend that outbursts like these (and far worse) don't happen every single day in corporate America.

That's naive.

FAX
02-03-2009, 03:47 PM
CNN is now reporting that, during the scene in question, the DP had actually removed his pants in order to gain better access to his nutsack which was, according to the DP, itching something awful.

FAX

DJ's left nut
02-03-2009, 03:50 PM

Brando was, by most accounts, lazy as all hell. He didn't prepare, didn't even memorize his lines (had them pasted all over the damn place). Your point is valid, but your examples (at least that one) are not.

As to the Bale thing, it's still garbage.

A) Lets not act as though Bale has never botched a scene; he has. Everyone screws up from time to time, deal with it and move on.
B) Common freakin' decency absolutely must prevail here. This was not designed to do anything but belittle an 'inferior being'. His irritation is probably deserved, but his behavior was still reprehensible. Erupting into a stream of obscenities and threatening to walk off the set if the guy wasn't fired is bush-league, power tripping BS.

noa
02-03-2009, 03:52 PM
We interupt this discussion for a RUH RUH RUH REMIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YTihsJQHt48&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

LMAO
That didn't take long

rockymtnchief
02-03-2009, 03:57 PM
B) Common freakin' decency absolutely must prevail here. This was not designed to do anything but belittle an 'inferior being'. His irritation is probably deserved, but his behavior was still reprehensible. Erupting into a stream of obscenities and threatening to walk off the set if the guy wasn't fired is bush-league, power tripping BS.
I agree.

I've handed out my share of ass chewings before, but I did it behind closed doors. One on one. I didn't belittle them in front of every single co-worker.

The only place that I can think of that this kind of behavior is appropriate is in boot camp or any other job where lives are at stake. JMO

Fire Me Boy!
02-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Brando was, by most accounts, lazy as all hell. He didn't prepare, didn't even memorize his lines (had them pasted all over the damn place). Your point is valid, but your examples (at least that one) are not.

Brando was notorious for not knowing lines, but he DID work his butt off to nail a character. That was my point. Probably should have left him out.

JuicesFlowing
02-03-2009, 04:09 PM
He should have done it in the batman voice.

:bravo:

FAX
02-03-2009, 04:15 PM
I agree.

I've handed out my share of ass chewings before, but I did it behind closed doors. One on one. I didn't belittle them in front of every single co-worker.

The only place that I can think of that this kind of behavior is appropriate is in boot camp or any other job where lives are at stake. JMO

Good point, Mr. rockymtnchief. Still, let's say the dumbass continues to interfere with takes because he's walking around in Bale's eyeline throughout the filming. Bale ignores it, but because he's being distracted by said dumbass walking person, he gives an inferior performance. Then, the movie is released and critics pan Bale's work and write all kinds of horrid, nasty stuff about him in newspapers and on the internet. Then, millions of people from all over the world read about how both the movie and Bale sucks. The movie loses money, Bale looks like a fool (as does the director), and we wind up with a crumby movie that nobody wants to watch - even on DVD.

The public humiliation that Bale and the entire production team would be subjected to doesn't compare to the embarrassment suffered by one certifiable dumbass who, apparently, would not stop walking around during takes.

FAX

Jenson71
02-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Brando was one of the first method actors - the first real star of method acting. That involved real preparation.

bogey
02-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Good point, Mr. rockymtnchief. Still, let's say the dumbass continues to interfere with takes because he's walking around in Bale's eyeline throughout the filming. Bale ignores it, but because he's being distracted by said dumbass walking person, he gives an inferior performance. Then, the movie is released and critics pan Bale's work and write all kinds of horrid, nasty stuff about him in newspapers and on the internet. Then, millions of people from all over the world read about how both the movie and Bale sucks. The movie loses money, Bale looks like a fool (as does the director), and we wind up with a crumby movie that nobody wants to watch - even on DVD.

The public humiliation that Bale and the entire production team would be subjected to doesn't compare to the embarrassment suffered by one certifiable dumbass who, apparently, would not stop walking around during takes.

FAX

ROFL I take it you've lost interest in this subject.

DaneMcCloud
02-03-2009, 04:30 PM

FAX

This

FAX
02-03-2009, 04:37 PM
ROFL I take it you've lost interest in this subject.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one dumbass.

FAX

Fire Me Boy!
02-03-2009, 04:44 PM
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one dumbass.

FAX

I have been... and always shall be... your friend.

DJ's left nut
02-03-2009, 04:44 PM

FAX

My point is that Bale, as respected and highly compensated as he is, could have EASILY handled this without resorting to a petty temper tantrum.

A 5 minute meeting with Bale, the director and the P.D. gets this handled. He doesn't have to go into the meeting and play patty-cake; he can forcefully make his points (though I contend that the over-the-top profanity is absolutely unnecessary and actually detracts from the message). He can threaten the man's job. All of that is fair game within the context of a professional setting. A public dressing down in the form of a violent diatribe (and a threatened ass kicking) is not.

There's a way things could get handled and then the way a halfway decent human being should do it. Bale's was the former.

FAX
02-03-2009, 04:50 PM
My point is that Bale, as respected and highly compensated as he is, could have EASILY handled this without resorting to a petty temper tantrum.

A 5 minute meeting with Bale, the director and the P.D. gets this handled. He doesn't have to go into the meeting and play patty-cake; he can forcefully make his points (though I contend that the over-the-top profanity is absolutely unnecessary and actually detracts from the message). He can threaten the man's job. All of that is fair game within the context of a professional setting.

There's a way things could get handled and then the way things a halfway decent human being should do it. Bale's was the former.

Which led me to question just how far "into" the character Bale was at the time in question, Mr. DJ's left nut. Bale is a guy who goes full bore into his roles. As was mentioned earlier, he once starved himself half to death for a role (The Mechanic? Maybe?). He sounded like he was from Brooklyn when he was chewing this guy out.

I'm not excusing inappropriate behavior. I guess I'm just not convinced that this was inappropriate. If this was, in fact, the second (2nd) time this dumbass walked into Bale's eyeline during a take, he has every reason to blow a gasket.

Anyhow, the way I heard it, it sounded as if the dumbass just shrugged off Bales initial complaint. If it were me, that would really piss me off. It's one thing to be a dumbass ... it's quite another to be a dumbass who doesn't care if he's a dumbass.

Besides, I've heard guys (and gals) say worse over a parking spot. And one of them was an old lady. She could curse like a sailor in those sensible shoes.

FAX

Frazod
02-03-2009, 05:01 PM
I have been... and always shall be... your friend.

Live long and prosper. Dumbass. :D

ClevelandBronco
02-03-2009, 05:05 PM
What an asshole.

Who is he?

unothadeal
02-03-2009, 05:08 PM
What an asshole.

Who is he?

"I'm Batman"

ClevelandBronco
02-03-2009, 05:10 PM
"I'm Batman"

Ah. I don't watch many new movies.

bogey
02-03-2009, 05:12 PM

A 5 minute meeting with Bale, the director and the P.D. gets this handled. He doesn't have to go into the meeting and play patty-cake; he can forcefully make his points (though I contend that the over-the-top profanity is absolutely unnecessary and actually detracts from the message). He can threaten the man's job. All of that is fair game within the context of a professional setting.

There's a way things could get handled and then the way things a halfway decent human being should do it. Bale's was the former.

Based on the information we have, I agree with this. The question needs to be asked however, how many times have similar problems like this come up on set. Maybe not just this one dumbass, maybe it's a daily occurance.

FAX
02-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Clearly, the director is a dumbass, too. Otherwise, the first time dumbass number one did a dumbass thing, dumbass number two would have corrected dumbass number one. Or, at a minimum, get the director's assistant to fix the problem which means that the director's assistant is also a dumbass. If they weren't, dumbass number two would have told dumbass number three to tell dumbass number one to stop walking around on the set and wasting dumbass number one's time and budget.

That's why Bale had to take things into his own hands. The poor man is surrounded by dumbasses. Any Planeteer would break under similar circumstances.

FAX

DaneMcCloud
02-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Clearly, the director is a dumbass, too. Otherwise, the first time dumbass number one did a dumbass thing, dumbass number two would have corrected dumbass number one. Or, at a minimum, get the director's assistant to fix the problem which means that the director's assistant is also a dumbass. If they weren't, dumbass number two would have told dumbass number three to tell dumbass number one to stop walking around on the set and wasting dumbass number one's time and budget.

That's why Bale had to take things into his own hands. The poor man is surrounded by dumbasses. Any Planeteer would break under similar circumstances.

FAX

We are talking about McG here

FAX
02-03-2009, 05:32 PM
We are talking about McG here

The same McG who directed Charlie's Angels?

I rest my case.

FAX

DaneMcCloud
02-03-2009, 05:47 PM
The same McG who directed Charlie's Angels?

I rest my case.

FAX

Yes.

Case closed.

Sure-Oz
02-03-2009, 05:49 PM
McG better not eff up this movie

Chief Pote
02-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Jackass....I piss on your movie dickweed.

MahiMike
02-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Bale is one of my favorite actors. Right up there with Nicholson, Pacino and Eastwood. He's a perfectionist but there's no excuse for that. If I was the guy he was screaming at, I'd just walk out. Piss him off even more.

Hammock Parties
02-03-2009, 07:39 PM
I should tell you guys the story of how I got Nick to stop making spelling errors.

Hammock Parties
02-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Also, a lot of people don't know this, but the scene in the Dark Knight, with Batman slamming The Joker around in the interrogation room? Yeah, that wasn't acting. Ledger hid Bale's car keys and MAN was he pissed. Ledger just kept reading from the script and all Bale could do was scream "WHERE ARE THEY ARGLEGURGLEGARGLEGRAAAAAA."

Deberg_1990
02-03-2009, 08:08 PM
heh, very entertaining.

I wish Bale would use his Brit accent more in the movies. That was some first class swearing.

Frankie
02-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Frankie, question:

"Do you know what Ed Gein said about women?"

I give up,... What?

Frankie
02-03-2009, 09:27 PM

That's what I got out of it too.

Rukdafaidas
02-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TLG_LtWhj4

rockymtnchief
02-04-2009, 11:39 AM

FAX

I'll agree with you there. The director clearly dropped the ball after the first time.

keg in kc
02-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Why AICN Doesn't Post Links To Stories Like This Christian Bale thing that's everywhere! (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39984)

Hey folks, Harry here... I'm getting slammed with assloads of people angry at me for not posting the Bale explosion from the set of McG's TERMINATOR: SALVATION. Well, first off - there's a real simple reason. It isn't news. And it certainly isn't cool news. It is a moment in a man's life taken completely out of context and most likely leaked to personally embarrass Christian Bale.

Now, I know what a lot of you are thinking... There's no excuse for a temper tantrum like that to ever occur and if you are going to act that way, you deserve to be embarrassed by your own actions.

Except, you want to hear the REALITY behind that clip?

I know this because I happen to be somewhere where someone that was there that day and for the shoot is. And this person isn't a publicist, nor are they invested in Bale's career. They're just someone that thinks it is absolute bullshit that this moment in Bale's life is being aired and that the real story should get out there.

The DP on TERMINATOR SALVATION, Shane Hurlbut, is a apparently a light tweaker. He's a fairly young DP and likes to fiddle with his lights on set during action, which is a big "NO NO" on most productions unless worked out in advance with performers. But apparently Shane was a pretty unrepentant light tweaker.

The scene in question, was a very emotional and tough scene between Christian Bale and Bryce Howard. A scene that required soul bearing and a deep level of immersive concentration. The sort of scene where everyone on set knows not to get in anyone's eye lines, and definitely not to move lights around while FILMING. You lock that shit down before the scene starts.

Bale had indeed warned the DP on multiple occasions about messing with lights while the cameras were rolling, and Bale was in the midst of a painful scene with Bryce, what was described to me as being the emotional center of the film and his character for the film.

Now, the reason I know all of this is because the person that was there, felt that it should be made perfectly clear that Christian Bale was the utmost gentleman and cool guy on set. And the DP really was doing something that professional DPs with experience just don't do. Not during a performance.

You don't need me to give you a link, it's all over the internet, I just felt that you should know what really went down - and that this particular outburst did indeed modify the DP's behavior - and for future DPs. Fuck with the lights before and after your actors are acting. Not during.

Baby Lee
02-04-2009, 01:24 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/djT-RD30L7o&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/djT-RD30L7o&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y-4_OsaA3pE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y-4_OsaA3pE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sure-Oz
02-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Well that article makes more sense and clears it up....no wonder he went total ape shit still 2 min too long but maybe he had to get his point across.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Well that article makes more sense and clears it up....no wonder he went total ape shit still 2 min too long but maybe he had to get his point across.

You mean he's not really a crybaby, pompous, millionaire actor who thinks the world revolves around him?

Dammit! :cuss:

Sure-Oz
02-04-2009, 03:52 PM
You mean he's not really a crybaby, pompous, millionaire actor who thinks the world revolves around him?

ROFL

I am a fan of bales for sure, so im biased...but i didnt care for the 3 min rant, but shit happens, i wouldve tried to squeeze 37 f bombs in 1 min.;)

Fish
02-04-2009, 04:18 PM

I wouldn't go that far.........

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 12:38 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7871743.stm

"Wrestler" director supports Bale

Aronofsky has never worked on a film with Dark Knight star Bale. The director of Bafta-nominated film The Wrestler has backed Christian Bale over a leaked tape in which the actor seems to lose his temper on set.

Darren Aronofsky has described the four-minute rant, littered with insults and threats, as "reasonable". The tape was apparently recorded on the set of Terminator Salvation. A voice, believed to be Bale, is heard abusing a crew member for walking into shot. Aronofsky said: "I think he was right. I don't think he was out of line."

The subject of the actor's fury is said to be the film's director of photography, Shane Hurlbut. Bale is apparently heard accusing Hurlbut of repeatedly "walking around in the background" of a scene between Bale's character, John Connor, and Bryce Dallas Howard, who plays his wife. The tirade includes the use the F-word 35 times in just over four minutes.

'Deeply intense'

Speaking at last night's London Film Critics' Circle Awards, where The Wrestler was named film of the year, Aronofsky told the BBC's Colin Paterson that he understood why Bale was so annoyed. The film is the fourth installment in the Terminator franchise.

He said: "It is a sacred time between action and cut. If it was the first time it was excusable, but a second time that ruins it." He added that he did not think the language used had been "abusive beyond call" and that he had seen many worse things go on on set. The tape was leaked to gossip website TMZ. Sony Pictures has refused to comment and Bale's agent has not returned calls.

Aronofsky said: "Sets are very, very high-powered places where things go awry all the time and emotions are high. People are out there working really hard and exposing themselves, especially actors, and they need to be protected." He went on to say: "Although it's never good to lose your temper that bad for obvious reasons, we don't know what scene he was doing."

"It is a golden rule on a movie set that you do not walk about in front of the artist during a take - you do not distract him. He could have been doing a deeply, deeply intense emotional scene."

Meanwhile, veteran director Michael Winner said Bale was "100% right" to lose his temper. "It is a golden rule on a movie set that you do not walk about in front of the artist during a take - you do not distract him."

Winner, whose last film was 1999's Parting Shots, added: "Why should Christian Bale interrupt what could have been his best reading of those lines, and say very quietly, 'please don't walk while I'm acting'."

Terminator Salvation is due to be released in May.

Frankie
02-05-2009, 03:12 PM
ROFL

Here's another classic meltdown. Todd Stottlemyre:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FupXtFYXbxk

Deberg_1990
02-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Bale apologizes. Says hes embarrased.

Much ado about nothing IMO

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20090206/en_movies_eo/98799

Los Angeles (E! Online) – There are at least two men with whom Christian Bale is not professionally done: Los Angeles DJs Kevin and Bean.

After a week of unrelenting press coverage in the wake of his leaked onset rant, Bale unexpectedly chose to break his silence over the incident on KROQ radio's popular morning show, taking full responsibility for his Terminator: Salvation explosion.

"It's been a miserable week for me," Bale told hosts Kevin Ryder and Gene "Bean" Baxter. "Listen, I know I have a potty mouth; everybody knows this now.

"The thing that I really want to stress is I have no confusion whatsoever. I was out of order beyond belief. I was way out of order. I acted like a punk. I regret that.

"There is nobody that has heard that tape that's been hit harder by it than me. I make no excuses for it. It is unexcusable. I hope that that is absolutely clear."

As for what brought on the much-played rant, Bale said that the day's shooting was particularly intense and that "I put so much into what I do and care so much about it and sometimes the enthusiasm just goes awry.

"I'm embarrassed by it. I ask everybody to sit down and ask themselves, have they ever had a bad day and have they ever lost their temper and really regretted it immensely."

Not that he doesn't understand the public's insatiable desire to hear—and mock and remix—the audio.

"Feel free to make fun of me at my expense; I deserve it completely."

Bale, who could easily have chosen any worldwide media to deliver his mea culpa, said he selected KROQ because had been listening to the morning show's mockery and incessant playing of his rant all week.

"I spoke with you guys a few years back; you seem like good guys and I wanted to talk with you about it," he said, before adding that the DJs' take on his rant made him laugh. "Believe me, this is no punk."

Kevin and Bean, meanwhile, had a slightly more humbling take on why they were chosen.

"You can talk to a guy who tries to high-five a blind dude or you can talk to Kevin and Bean; those are your options in the morning," they said.

(For those doubting the validity of the scoop, Bale's rep Jennifer Allen has confirmed that it was the actor, and not the station's dead-on Bale impersonator, Ralph Garman.)

As for any residual hard feelings between Bale and the object of his on-set rant, the actor said it ceased being an issue shortly after the outburst.

"We have resolved this completely...I have no intention of getting anyone fired. There is no problem whatsoever."

Fish
02-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Hmmm... so Bale himself describes his own behavior as "Out of order beyond belief. I was way out of order. I acted like a punk." and "It is unexcusable." and "I'm embarrassed by it."

And the validation kicker, in Bale's own words: "Feel free to make fun of me at my expense; I deserve it completely."

So are people still arguing about the justification of his temper tantrum?

Frazod
02-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Well, he handled that the best way he could, especially in this PC day and age - he just fell on his sword. Good for him.

I've thrown my share of later-embarrassing tantrums (hard to believe, I'm sure :D ) and once it's out there there's not a lot you can do but own up to it like a man and move on.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Hmmm... so Bale himself describes his own behavior as "Out of order beyond belief. I was way out of order. I acted like a punk." and "It is unexcusable." and "I'm embarrassed by it."

And the validation kicker, in Bale's own words: "Feel free to make fun of me at my expense; I deserve it completely."

So are people still arguing about the justification of his temper tantrum?

What can I say, I have a soft spot for people with horrendously filthy mouths.

Frazod
02-06-2009, 02:15 PM
What can I say, I have a soft spot for people with horrendously filthy mouths.

So that's why we get along so well! LMAO

Fish
02-06-2009, 02:28 PM
I just find it humorous that this thread goes for 180+ replies with some people vehemently defending Bale, saying this is standard operating procedure, and that Bale wasn't out of line with the way he said it. And that the douchebag that got the 37 F-bomb salute deserved it for what he did. Now Bale himself comes out and confirms how inappropriate it was.

Maybe "crybaby, pompous, millionaire actor" was appropriate in this situation after all.

At least he admitted he went overboard, so I have to give him credit for that... He's honorable enough to admit to it and apologize, so I can't hold it against him.

FAX
02-06-2009, 02:36 PM
The dumbass lighting guy was in the wrong - several times. Bale set him straight. Bale went overboard. Bale now apologizes because he knows he went overboard. It still doesn't excuse the dumbass who caused the problem in the first place.

Prop things to Bale for taking responsibility for his actions.

FAX

Sure-Oz
02-06-2009, 02:38 PM
He's fucking batman, he doesn't have to apologize!