PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs It's Aaron Curry and it's a no brainer

Pages : [1] 2 3

CanadaKC
02-04-2009, 12:07 AM
Let's get real...we are NOT drafting a QB at #3. Stafford and Sanchez are the best of a rather weak lot, and Thigpen has earned the right to try and improve on a shaky but promising season. Plus there's The Matt Cassel rumours.
It's simply too high to draft Orakpo, and we don't need a WR like Crabtree as much as we need a LB with Curry's ability. He's the only one who fits the value at that position.

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Yeah, lets pass up a franchise QB prospect for a LB. Fuck that. These two QB prospects are as good as any we're gonna get a chance to draft. I don't think we're picking top 5 next season. Maybe top 10, but I don't see top 5. We could have won up to 6 games this year if it weren't for Herm, and I expect us to approach that # this season. Let's get our QB, and build the team around him.

88TG88
02-04-2009, 12:11 AM
lol

OnTheWarpath15
02-04-2009, 12:12 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/10hrub7.jpg

CanadaKC
02-04-2009, 12:13 AM
Stafford and Sanchez are no Ryan and Flacco....they're not nearly as NFL ready...all the scouts say the same thing. Can't reach at number 3....only if we trade down do I agree with you.

beach tribe
http://i42.tinypic.com/10hrub7.jpg

Exactly.

blueballs
Will people have the passion to hash this out
again for the umpteenth time
or just mumble dipshit and move on

OnTheWarpath15
02-04-2009, 12:14 AM
Exactly.

That thing is getting a workout this week.

chief52
02-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Sanchez will not be in the top 15...nor should he.

You heard it Mecca...he will not be in the top 15.

beach tribe
Stafford and Sanchez are no Ryan and Flacco....they're not nearly as NFL ready...all the scouts say the same thing. Can't reach at number 3....only if we trade down do I agree with you.

They said the exact same thing about Ryan, and Flacco last year. The same shit is said every off-season. These guys ARE solid QB prospects. Actually they are both BETTER prospects than Flacco was.

beach tribe
Sanchez will not be in the top 15...nor should he.

You heard it Mecca...he will not be in the top 15.

You're out of your mind.

Reaper16
02-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Shouldn't this line of thought get one an infraction? This is getting to be physically painful to slog through every day.

chief52
02-04-2009, 12:16 AM
They said the exact same thing about Ryan, and Flacco last year. The same shit is said every off-season. These guys ARE solid QB prospects. Actually they are both BETTER prospects than Flacco was.

Have you seen Sanchez play any game except for the Rose Bowl?

chief52
02-04-2009, 12:17 AM
You're out of your mind.

Side bet?

Hammock Parties
02-04-2009, 12:17 AM
You don't take a 4-3 linebacker at #3 unless he's a Jedi Knight.

Reaper16
02-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Yes, which is why I think you're off-the-mark (to put it lightly).

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 12:19 AM

Yes, and he impresses the shit out of me.

88TG88

I've seen almost every snap of his college career. His last season was pretty good. He wasn't perfect, but he got better as the season went on.

beach tribe

Name your terms.

Ebolapox
02-04-2009, 12:20 AM
:shake:

ya know, this gives me an idea...

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 12:21 AM
Side bet?

How about a 1 mo. Avi bet.

FAX
02-04-2009, 12:22 AM
I wonder if Pioli will look at our roster and think, "Hmmm. Talent-wise, which side of the ball is closest to being really good?" If he decides it's the defense, it wouldn't surprise me if we use high picks to fill the holes in the D. If it's offense, we go with the QB and O-linemen.

It seems as though he might think that's the fastest way to become competitive with the theory that our guys need to win some games - whether that's due to a good defense or offense - the bottom line is they need some confidence.

FAX

Direckshun
02-04-2009, 12:23 AM
You don't take a 4-3 linebacker at #3 unless he's a Jedi Knight.

Even then, he better be fucking Leia.

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 12:23 AM
I wonder if Pioli will look at our roster and think, "Hmmm. Talent-wise, which side of the ball is closest to being really good?" If he decides it's the defense, it wouldn't surprise me if we use high picks to fill the holes in the D. If it's offense, we go with the QB and O-linemen.

It seems as though he might think that's the fastest way to become competitive with the theory that our guys need to win some games - whether that's due to a good defense or offense - the bottom line is they need some confidence.

FAX

I hope he just goes for the best player. No matter what side of the ball he plays on.

chief52
02-04-2009, 12:25 AM
How about a 1 mo. Avi bet.

Hey...I am up for that. I have been on this sight for a long time. We used to be able to just agree in fun. I will bet whatever you guys would like. It is not like I think I am some guru...

My honest opinion is that Sanchez will not go in the top 15...I do not find that as being unreasonable. Bets on....

Buehler445
02-04-2009, 12:25 AM

Dude, you have got to be shitting me. By my recolection, as of this time 1 year ago, Flacco was no where near NFL ready by any major analysts standards. He had a big arm and someone was going to try to develop him. That was the story. At this time last year, his footwork was awful.

Comparing these guys to Ryan is OK. Comparing them to Flacco is a joke.

CanadaKC
02-04-2009, 12:26 AM
Sanchez will watch his stock fall like Brady Quinn's did. His skipping the senior season will have a lot to do with that. Curry is the better player at HIS POSITION than Sanchez is at his...plus you have to wonder if Cassel is following Pioli here...with us 30 mill under the cap...

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 12:26 AM
Hey...I am up for that. I have been on this sight for a long time. We used to be able to just agree in fun. I will bet whatever you guys would like. It is not like I think I am some guru...

My honest opinion is that Sanchez will not go in the top 15...I do not find that as being unreasonable. Bets on....

Cool man. I respect your opinion, I just disagree. This should be fun. The combine will put Sanchez i the top 5 w/o a doubt IMO.

chief52
02-04-2009, 12:27 AM
Yes, and he impresses the shit out of me.

That is kool...why do you say I am out of my mind when I disagree with you. This place used to be an exchange of though, which lead to a smarter planet.

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 12:27 AM
Sanchez will watch his stock fall like Brady Quinn's did. His skipping the senior season will have a lot to do with that. Curry is the better player at HIS POSITION than Sanchez is at his...plus you have to wonder if Cassel is following Pioli here...with us 30 mill under the cap...

P O S I T I O N A L value. Learn it. QB>>>>>>>>>>4-3LB.

FAX
02-04-2009, 12:28 AM
I hope he just goes for the best player. No matter what side of the ball he plays on.

We are like-minded on this point, Mr. beach tribe. The thing is, though, that we have holes all over the roster (except for DB, maybe). Everywhere. Say there are two players (one defensive and one offensive) who grade out very close to each other ... somebody has to make a decision. I just wonder if he'll try and bring one side of the ball up to respectability asap in order to get us over the hump.

FAX

chief52
02-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Cool man. I respect your opinion, I just disagree. This should be fun. The combine will put Sanchez i the top 5 w/o a doubt IMO.

We are on :thumb: Think I will have another glass of sonoma county cab....

I got a buddy who will be at the combine. He disagrees with your opinion, but it would not be the first time he would be wrong.

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 12:30 AM
That is kool...why do you say I am out of my mind when I disagree with you. This place used to be an exchange of though, which lead to a smarter planet.

It's just a figure of speech man. We're strangers on a message board. Don't let anything anyone says bother you. People talk different on the internet. It's still an exchange of thought. You just can't take anything personally. If you let this shit bother you, you need to work on that.

CanadaKC
Obviosly BT...you're a big Sanchez pimp....I just don't think with all the scenarios, risk, and innuendo floating around out there...Curry is the guy that gets our pick.

beach tribe
We are like-minded on this point, Mr. beach tribe. The thing is, though, that we have holes all over the roster (except for DB, maybe). Everywhere. Say there are two players (one defensive and one offensive) who grade out very close to each other ... somebody has to make a decision. I just wonder if he'll try and bring one side of the ball up to respectability asap in order to get us over the hump.

FAX

It could happen that way. Never know.

FAX
02-04-2009, 12:31 AM

I blame the DC sub-forum, Mr. chief52. It's like a virus that infects the brain and turns a previously normal poster into Christian Bale trying to do a love scene with a monkey.

FAX

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 12:32 AM
We are on :thumb: Think I will have another glass of sonoma county cab....

I got a buddy who will be at the combine. He disagrees with your opinion, but it would not be the first time he would be wrong.

Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong either;)

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 12:33 AM
Obviosly BT...you're a big Sanchez pimp....I just don't think with all the scenarios, risk, and innuendo floating around out there...Curry is the guy that gets our pick.

I'm not a big Sanchez pimp. I HATE USC. I'm just calling it like I see it.

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 12:35 AM

Just remember, No pick is a safe pick, so you go with the one that will potentially have the biggest impact if it hits. That's not a 4-3 LB.

CanadaKC
02-04-2009, 12:35 AM
As for Curry...I'll pimp him up a bit....he has blazing speed, an instinct for the ball, a great hitter, and will vastly improve our run defense. He's all over the place....and will be a great defensive leader for years to come, IMO.

chief52
02-04-2009, 12:37 AM
I blame the DC sub-forum, Mr. chief52. It's like a virus that infects the brain and turns a previously normal poster into Christian Bale trying to do a love scene with a monkey.

FAX

Thanks FAX...we are a melting pot.

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 12:37 AM
As for Curry...I'll pimp him up a bit....he has blazing speed, an instinct for the ball, a great hitter, and will vastly improve our run defense. He's all over the place....and will be a great defensive leader for years to come, IMO.

I think he's a great prospect, but it doesn't change my stance.

EDIT: I won't be pissed if take him either.

OH, and living in BC, how mny Wake Forrest games have you watched exactly?

Ebolapox
02-04-2009, 12:38 AM
(/derrick johson circa 2005)

no kidding--I recall reading EXACTLY THAT describing DJ in 2005 before the draft... we didn't pick him in the top three (which would've been fucking retarded even IF he'd have turned out to his pre-draft billing), and he's another example of the fact that NO PICK IS SAFE.

CanadaKC
02-04-2009, 12:41 AM
arterback spot but it looks like Tyler Thigpen may have played well enough down the stretch to make the Chiefs feel comfortable moving forward with him as their starting signal caller. Personally, I don't know that Thigpen has done enough to justify passing on a top quarterback prospect but I'm not the one making that decision. Selecting Aaron Curry would not be anywhere near as flashy as a guy like Matthew Stafford or Mark Sanchez but that doesn't mean it's the wrong decision. In fact, Curry doesn't get nearly enough credit for being the top pro prospect that he is. The #1 senior in the country and a legit Top 5 talent, Curry can basically do it all. A great all-around linebacker who can stuff the run, drop into coverage and rush the passer, Curry is also versatile enough to play outside or inside in either a 4-3 or a 3-4 defensive scheme. The guyreally is the total package. With the Chiefs Curry could fit in on the strongside or in the middle and he would give their front seven the boost they need. Quarterback will obviously still be an option here as well and they would love to find a stud defensive end to replace Jared Allen but there probably won't be one worthy of this lofty pick. Also keep an eye on Malcolm Jenkins because outside of Brandon Flowers and Brandon Carr they don't have much to get excited about at cornerback.

FAX
02-04-2009, 12:43 AM
Yep. DJ was highly-touted. But, I'm not sure the scouts were all that wrong about him.

My personal opinion is that DJ is a victim of some really horrific coaching and player development on the part of the Chiefs. Over the past 5 years, we've brought in dozens of linebackers who have under-performed. It's funny how some of these guys go elsewhere to become solid contributors on good teams.

FAX

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 12:43 AM
arterback spot but it looks like Tyler Thigpen may have played well enough down the stretch to make the Chiefs feel comfortable moving forward with him as their starting signal caller. Personally, I don't know that Thigpen has done enough to justify passing on a top quarterback prospect but I'm not the one making that decision. Selecting Aaron Curry would not be anywhere near as flashy as a guy like Matthew Stafford or Mark Sanchez but that doesn't mean it's the wrong decision. In fact, Curry doesn't get nearly enough credit for being the top pro prospect that he is. The #1 senior in the country and a legit Top 5 talent, Curry can basically do it all. A great all-around linebacker who can stuff the run, drop into coverage and rush the passer, Curry is also versatile enough to play outside or inside in either a 4-3 or a 3-4 defensive scheme. The guyreally is the total package. With the Chiefs Curry could fit in on the strongside or in the middle and he would give their front seven the boost they need. Quarterback will obviously still be an option here as well and they would love to find a stud defensive end to replace Jared Allen but there probably won't be one worthy of this lofty pick. Also keep an eye on Malcolm Jenkins because outside of Brandon Flowers and Brandon Carr they don't have much to get excited about at cornerback.

Again, how did you watch WF games in BC?

chief52
02-04-2009, 12:45 AM
Yep. DJ was highly-touted. But, I'm not sure the scouts were all that wrong about him.

My personal opinion is that DJ is a victim of some really horrific coaching and player development on the part of the Chiefs. Over the past 5 years, we've brought in dozens of linebackers who have under-performed. It's funny how some of these guys go elsewhere to become solid contributors on good teams.

FAX

DJ is not DT, but who is. I have no problem with him. He has talent.

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 12:45 AM

FAX

I concur to the fullest. Hopefully we'll get someone who can put him on the weakside, and get his full potential to shine through.

Crush
02-04-2009, 12:46 AM
:banghead:

1. This is an ongoing process. We're not competing for a championship this upcoming year.
2. You need a QB to center your franchise around.
3. Tyler Thigpen is not that QB because we are not running a pistol or spread offense this upcoming year.
4. Taking a LB at No. 3 is completely retarded.
5. We're rebuilding (which takes 2-3 years), not reloading.
6. Say No. 5 100 times to yourself.
7. Hopefully, No. 5 gets through your head after No. 6.

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 12:47 AM

Tons of Talent. We just need someone to pull it out of him.

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 12:48 AM
:banghead:

1. This is an ongoing process. We're not competing for a championship this upcoming year.
2. You need a QB to center your franchise around.
3. Tyler Thigpen is not that QB because we are not running a pistol or spread offense this upcoming year.
4. Taking a LB at No. 3 is completely retarded.
5. We're rebuilding (which takes 2-3 years), not reloading.
6. Say No. 5 100 times to yourself.
7. Hopefully, No. 5 gets through your head after No. 6.

Yep. It's time to get our QB, and build the team around him. We may not get another shot at QBs this talented.

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 12:50 AM
Again, how did you watch WF games in BC?

I'm starting to think you didn't, but you read a lot of scouting reports, no?

FAX
02-04-2009, 12:50 AM

He did, Mr. chief52. And probably still does. Unless they've coached it out of him. He's been in what ... 3 different schemes so far?

I feel for the guy. With any luck, Pioli will be able to put together a player development team that will address the enormous problems we've had in that area for years ... decades, really.

It's one of the reasons our drafts look so bad in retrospect. We simply haven't been able to work with kids to transition them to the NFL. If they're not completely awash with talent (ala Gonzo, Bowe, etc.), they don't seem to develop. In my view, that's one of Pioli's biggest challenges.

FAX

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 12:53 AM
He did, Mr. chief52. And probably still does. Unless they've coached it out of him. He's been in what ... 3 different schemes so far?

I feel for the guy. With any luck, Pioli will be able to put together a player development team that will address the enormous problems we've had in that area for years ... decades, really.

It's one of the reasons our drafts look so bad in retrospect. We simply haven't been able to work with kids to transition them to the NFL. If they're not completely awash with talent (ala Gonzo, Bowe, etc.), they don't seem to develop. In my view, that's one of Pioli's biggest challenges.

FAX
You are wise beyond your years oh mighty limerick master.

RustShack
02-04-2009, 12:55 AM
So now CanadaKC the new douche bag of the night?

Ebolapox
02-04-2009, 12:56 AM

FAX

oh absolutely, mr. fax. I still think he could turn into an all-pro with the right coaching (something he received NONE of in his time in the nfl). but, he's been a disappointment.

chief52
02-04-2009, 12:57 AM
If they're not completely awash with talent (ala Gonzo, Bowe, etc.), they don't seem to develop. In my view, that's one of Pioli's biggest challenges.

FAX

I gotta agree big time with this statement...

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 12:58 AM
So now CanadaKC the new douche bag of the night?

Ahh give the guy a break. He's not a bad dude, he's just a little off.

Although he still hasn't told me how he watched WF games in Canada. He's probably looking up a way he could have watched it through google right now.

RustShack
02-04-2009, 12:59 AM
Your lucky canada!

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Your lucky canada!

How?? Did he just win a snowplow or something?

chief52
02-04-2009, 01:02 AM
Good night...

Remember out bet, beach tribe.

Chief52 say that Sanchez will not go in the top 15.... That is my story.

RustShack
02-04-2009, 01:06 AM
Good night...

Is the top three not in the top 15 anymore?

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 01:06 AM
Good night...

Hey, you got my message right? You cool with that?

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 01:07 AM
Is the top three not in the top 15 anymore?

LOL.

chief52
02-04-2009, 01:16 AM
Hey, you got my message right? You cool with that?

I just checked and got your message. Much better bet. I am totally cool with that.

Hey, I have watched Sanchez play a lot and hope to hell he does not go 3 with the Chiefs. But who knows.

Chief52 says Sanchez does not go in the top 15 and is willing to bet $500 funny money.

bigdreams1
02-04-2009, 01:16 AM
I have to agree with Doc on this one. Sanchez will be the pick. He has all the mechanics and decision making ability to be an NFL QB. He is also a leader for his team which is a must have for a QB. We can pick up someone like Ellerbe in the 3rd or find LB's via free agency imo.

FAX
02-04-2009, 01:17 AM
Ahh give the guy a break. He's not a bad dude, he's just a little off.

Although he still hasn't told me how he watched WF games in Canada. He's probably looking up a way he could have watched it through google right now.

A lot of times, Canadian peeps get their brains frozen. And, not the kind of brain freeze you get from a Pepsi float, either. The kind of slow brain freeze that occurs over months of low temperatures and lack of fur hats that the old time trappers used to make out of beavers and minks and other critter things to prevent slow brain freeze. When a guy is suffering from slow brain freeze, it makes him say all kinds of crazy stuff like, "I'm gonna pick up a 2/4 and watch some Farmer vision, eh?" and "Anybody Seen My Left Mukluk?" and "Let's draft Curry at number 3 you hosers."

It's a terrible thing to see.

FAX

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 01:18 AM
I have to agree with Doc on this one. Sanchez will be the pick. He has all the mechanics and decision making ability to be an NFL QB. He is also a leader for his team which is a must have for a QB. We can pick up someone like Ellerbe in the 3rd or find LB's via free agency imo.

Yep. I actually expect us to pick up one of the top tier FA LBs this off-season.
Scot, Suggs, or Vilma. One of these guys is wearing red, and gold next season.

Mecca
02-04-2009, 01:23 AM
For the person who said why all the name calling, THIS THREAD, no matter how many times it can be said we still get a jackoff thread like this.

bigdreams1
02-04-2009, 01:25 AM
Yep. I actually expect us to pick up one of the top tier FA LBs this off-season.
Scot, Suggs, or Vilma. One of these guys is wearing red, and gold next season.

I prefer Scott, but I would be fine with Vilma as well. I think Suggs is going to be retained though. I wouldn't mind looking at a guy like Channing Crowder either.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2009, 01:26 AM
Let's get real...we are NOT drafting a QB at #3. Stafford and Sanchez are the best of a rather weak lot, and Thigpen has earned the right to try and improve on a shaky but promising season. Plus there's The Matt Cassel rumours.
It's simply too high to draft Orakpo, and we don't need a WR like Crabtree as much as we need a LB with Curry's ability. He's the only one who fits the value at that position.

Walk into an AIDS tree

FAX
02-04-2009, 01:26 AM
That sentence (if it can truthfully be called a "sentence") makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, Mr. Mecca.

FAX

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 01:27 AM
For the person who said why all the name calling, THIS THREAD, no matter how many times it can be said we still get a jackoff thread like this.

Chill out. Not everyone is as knowledgeable as everyone else. They're entitled to their opinions.....no matter how ridiculous they may be.:D

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 01:27 AM
Walk into an AIDS tree

I think you've used that one up.

Mecca
02-04-2009, 01:28 AM
That sentence (if it can truthfully be called a "sentence") makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, Mr. Mecca.

FAX

In another thread Frankie wanted to know why all the name calling and Jason was in on it and this shit is why.

No matter how many great facts and trends you point out, we still get horrendous thread starters like this.

Really it makes me wanna punch him in the head.

RustShack
02-04-2009, 01:28 AM
God I can't wait for the draft, this is the worse part of the year because of dumbasses who don't know anything about draft value and listen to Mel Kiper too much.

FAX
02-04-2009, 01:29 AM
Ah. Slow brain freeze.

Sad.

FAX

Mecca
02-04-2009, 01:30 AM
Chill out. Not everyone is as knowledgeable as everyone else. They're entitled to their opinions.....no matter how ridiculous they may be.:D

He can't take 20 minutes out of his day to read the board or study the draft? It's common courtesy, the draft is something I follow very closely all year round, I know all about it I take it seriously.

I don't like when someone who take a 5 minute look at a mock draft posts a thread like this or tells me my opinion is no more valid than theirs.

It's infuriating beyond belief.

bigdreams1
02-04-2009, 01:30 AM
Walterfootball has us taking Sanchez AND Johnson falling to us in the 2nd round. If that happen's I'm going to instantly cream.

FAX
02-04-2009, 01:31 AM
I kind of like the speculation. Everyone has an opinion and a particular player they would like to see selected. The cool thing about this off-season is that we actually have someone in actual charge who actually knows how to actually draft. That's kind of different from the Chiefs' normal mode of operation. There may be surprises in store for a lot of peeps.

FAX

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 01:33 AM
In another thread Frankie wanted to know why all the name calling and Jason was in on it and this shit is why.

No matter how many great facts and trends you point out, we still get horrendous thread starters like this.

Good God, get a hold of yourself. You know that not everyone is going to agree. No matter how many times you explain it, or how many great examples you give, It's just not gonna happen, and what exactly would we talk about if everyone agreed about everything?

You know, like last year when you said that Flacco was going to be a bust. We have to have differing opinions to have a discussion board.

FAX
02-04-2009, 01:34 AM
Yeah. What happened to all that Flacco-bust stuff, anyhow?

FAX

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 01:35 AM
He can't take 20 minutes out of his day to read the board or study the draft? It's common courtesy, the draft is something I follow very closely all year round, I know all about it I take it seriously.

I don't like when someone who take a 5 minute look at a mock draft posts a thread like this or tells me my opinion is no more valid than theirs.

It's infuriating beyond belief.

Well not everyone spends 18 hrs out of the day on the internet, and NCAA 09 like you do. Get a grip. Getting infuriated by a thread that you don' even have to respond to? Grow up.

OH, and a lot of Mock drafts have us taking Curry so what now?

Mecca
02-04-2009, 01:36 AM
Being dumb makes me mad...I have very little patience for it.

I lose my patience after the 150th time.

FAX
02-04-2009, 01:36 AM
There's another wild card this year. Our cap situation.

Pioli may work some magic in the form of FA or trades or some bizarre combination of compensation that will preclude the need to draft a QB at all. We have a ton of cap room to play with and, if anybody knows the art of the NFL deal, it's Pioli.

FAX

RustShack
02-04-2009, 01:38 AM
As much as I hate it I just feel the Chiefs end up with Crabtree...

Mecca
02-04-2009, 01:39 AM
As much as I hate it I just feel the Chiefs end up with Crabtree...

Don't make me smack you.

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 01:40 AM

Than maybe you need to take a break from correcting people since it doesn't seem to be working. Seriously man, if you let this shit bother you, you need to get some other ways to pass your time. Go outside.

Mecca
02-04-2009, 01:42 AM
It doesn't bother me persay they're just more likely to get a not very nice reaction.

beach tribe

Being dumb, and being uneducated on the situation are two different things, and people can have the opinion that a LB is worth that pick. Like I said, you wouldn't have picked Flacco last year. They are no more wrong now than you were then.

beach tribe
It doesn't bother me persay they're just more likely to get a not very nice reaction.

Because you're reacting like a child.

ChiefRon
02-04-2009, 01:56 AM

FAX

I couldn't agree with you more. I wonder this about all of our players, offense and defense, other than maybe the DBs.

How much of what we've seen the past 3 years is coaching/development (or lack thereof)?

Rausch
02-04-2009, 02:02 AM

+1 forgiveness pts for correct they're/their/there use.

Full on breaking backyard lumber over your face for everything else in that post and the one that came before it...

kcchiefsus
02-04-2009, 02:22 AM

Sure thing douche. What's that all aboot?

Rausch
02-04-2009, 02:29 AM

Damn son, take a breath.

Here's where I'd argue with your maple syrup ass but...um...yeah.

I'd say trade down, grab picks, go defense.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-04-2009, 03:23 AM

kill yourself.

Ultra Peanut
02-04-2009, 03:25 AM
Stafford and Sanchez are no Ryan and Flacco....they're not nearly as NFL ready...all the scouts say the same thing. Can't reach at number 3....only if we trade down do I agree with you.Stafford and Sanchez are constantly evaluated as being Top 5/10 in value and predicted as Top 3 in actual mocks. That is not a reach.

This was a weak QB class because Rhett Fucking Bomar was the top senior at one point. Then Stafford and Sanchez saved us.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-04-2009, 03:30 AM
Stafford and Sanchez are constantly evaluated as being Top 5/10 in value and predicted as Top 3 in actual mocks. That is not a reach.

This was a weak QB class because Rhett Fucking Bomar was the top senior at one point. Then Stafford and Sanchez saved us.

SAVE.US_OLB

Rausch
02-04-2009, 03:43 AM
Stafford and Sanchez are constantly evaluated as being Top 5/10 in value and predicted as Top 3 in actual mocks. That is not a reach.

True, but not accurate.

Once the media is willing to admit this is by far the weakest draft in the 1st round in over the last 10 years I'll allow Iowanian to hook up his danger bike to my testes via the patented nuthooks and finish his flaming ramp of "CAN DO BEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOTCH" over a toast of 18 year scotch and fine breads and cheese.

And I'm mostly willing to make that bet because the media has to pimp the draft, no matter what, talent be damned...

DaKCMan AP
02-04-2009, 06:46 AM
Stay in Canada.

wazu
02-04-2009, 06:59 AM
It's so nice to have trust in our GM for the first time since the day Trazelle Jenkins was drafted. Pioli can draft a QB, LB, OT, trade down, whatever. I will pretty much accept anything he decides is best this year. My only absolute requirement of him this year was to fire Herm, and he's already accomplished that.

Scorp
02-04-2009, 07:24 AM
There may be surprises in store for a lot of peeps.

FAX

Sure Mr. Fax. Wake up! It's the same crap. Carl is still running the show, Herm is still blabbering idiocracy. Hell.............DT still isn't in the Hall of Fame. What surprises do you think.............................hey wait a second! :D

Sam Hall
02-04-2009, 08:29 AM
If you want Aaron Curry, than he better come out being compared to Lawrence freakin' Taylor.

Tiger's Fan
02-04-2009, 08:40 AM
Theres nothing funnier than watching Mecca call people out for being stupid, while posting in a style that reminds me of Jethro Bodine. Keep up the comedy gold, dude.

Now, back to the issue at hand. I WANT a franchise QB, always have. We haven't picked this high in ages, and I hope we don't for years to come. That said, I think you have to take the chance with a not completely proven Sanchez, after all, no one is a sure thing. I lived through the Blackledge debacle, but I've been over that for years. We need stability at the position, and Thigpen or a FA retread aint it.

Rooster
02-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Yeah, lets pass up a franchise QB prospect for a LB. **** that.

I personally am not sold on taking a QB just to take a QB. If they are not good enough to be picked in the top ten they shouldn't be picked in the top three.

That being said I am very much interested in the combine. Maybe my opinion will change about these guys. KC has so many holes to fill they won't be all filled this year.

Mr. Kotter
02-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Unless the kid is a consensus second-coming of DT or LT....no.

You don't use the #3 pick in the draft on anything less than a "sure thing" (at least as much as there is such a thing.)

Chiefnj2
02-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Unless the kid is a consensus second-coming of DT or LT....no.

You don't use the #3 pick in the draft on anything less than a "sure thing" (at least as much as there is such a thing.)

He's probably the closest thing to a "sure thing" in this years draft.

kcbubb
02-04-2009, 09:09 AM
I'm tired of people using Ryan and Flacco as examples of why we should draft Sanchez. The Falcons and Ravens could run the ball. Have you noticed that the Chiefs can't??? The only good rushing game the Chiefs had was against the Broncos. If the Chiefs had drafted Ryan or Flacco they would have had a rough season because of the Chiefs inability to run the ball. Just because a QB is a success on one team doesn't mean he will be successful somewhere else.

Brock
02-04-2009, 09:28 AM
Thigpen hasn't earned anything but the right to be a backup.

Crush
02-04-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm tired of people using Ryan and Flacco as examples of why we should draft Sanchez. The Falcons and Ravens could run the ball. Have you noticed that the Chiefs can't??? The only good rushing game the Chiefs had was against the Broncos. If the Chiefs had drafted Ryan or Flacco they would have had a rough season because of the Chiefs inability to run the ball. Just because a QB is a success on one team doesn't mean he will be successful somewhere else.

Who let you out of the broom closet?

FAX
02-04-2009, 09:31 AM

And french kiss Rufus Dawes.

FAX

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-04-2009, 09:39 AM
He's probably the closest thing to a "sure thing" in this years draft.

He's a fucking cover backer.

CoMoChief
02-04-2009, 09:42 AM

Why? He had better numbers this season than Eli Manning did whenever he started full time.

Mr. Kotter
02-04-2009, 09:46 AM
He's a ****ing cover backer.

That's my take as well; a bit of a second-coming of Donnie Edwards....and we got Edwards in the 4th. While that was a steal, I see Curry as dropping by the time the draft rolls around until mid-to-late first.

RustShack
02-04-2009, 09:49 AM

You do know the Falcons didn't sign Turner until the same year they drafted Ryan right? ROFL

God damn you just need to shut the fuck up.

Brock
02-04-2009, 09:51 AM
Why? He had better numbers this season than Eli Manning did whenever he started full time.

There are a lot of things I like about Thigpen, but come on. He's no reason not to draft a QB.

CoMoChief
02-04-2009, 09:53 AM
There are a lot of things I like about Thigpen, but come on. He's no reason not to draft a QB.

I dont mind drafting a QB, it just better not be in the first rd

milkman
02-04-2009, 09:54 AM

Funny thing is, the Falcons O-Line was questionable going into last year's draft, which is the reason they traded back into the first round to get Sam Baker.

What actually happened though was that they got better play from a couple of young guys and more consistency all along the line because they got better coaching.

Brock
02-04-2009, 09:58 AM

If that's how the draft falls, that's exactly what you do.

Crush
02-04-2009, 10:00 AM
Maybe this team should just cut Thigpen and end this retarded argument once and for all.

DeezNutz
02-04-2009, 10:00 AM

How well has this worked out for the Chiefs in the past?

Please, please, do not mention Brady.

Chiefnj2
02-04-2009, 10:01 AM
He's a ****ing cover backer.

He's more highly regarded than Willis was when he came out. Most of the "experts" predict he can play any of the LB positions and do whatever is asked of him. He's not Gholston.

FAX
02-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Maybe this team should just cut Thigpen and end this retarded argument once and for all.

I think Pioli should bring Thiggy in for a workout, put him under center and say, "Let's see your footwork in the 7-step drop, son."

That will be the end of Thiggy.

FAX

Crush
02-04-2009, 10:03 AM
I think Pioli should bring Thiggy in for a workout, put him under center and say, "Let's see your footwork in the 7-step drop, son."

That will be the end of Thiggy.

FAX

Agreed, Mr. FAX.

Tiger's Fan
02-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Funny thing is, the Falcons O-Line was questionable going into last year's draft, which is the reason they traded back into the first round to get Sam Baker.

What actually happened though was that they got better play from a couple of young guys and more consistency all along the line because they got better coaching.

BINGO!

philfree
02-04-2009, 10:37 AM
He's more highly regarded than Willis was when he came out. Most of the "experts" predict he can play any of the LB positions and do whatever is asked of him. He's not Gholston.

No! No! No! He's a 250 lb cover backer. Can't you read? LOL

Seriously speaking I think he'd a fine 1st round pick for the Chiefs. I'd be fine with one of the two QBs but I won't let that distort my view of other players.

PhilFree:arrow:

Coogs
02-04-2009, 10:38 AM

Now this is the bandwagon I just can not get on at all. Outside of Stafford and Sanchez, all of the QB's are projects at best. And from the way this draft appears to be setting up, the 2nd through 5th round or so seems to be where this draft is pretty deep at positions that also appear to meet our needs as well. O-line, LB's, possibly a WR, and maybe even a DE spot could be filled without reaching for some middle of the pack QB like Croyle. If we are going to take a QB... and I think we should... taking that QB at the top of the first is the no brainer. Not the other way around.

lazepoo
02-04-2009, 11:10 AM

+1 forgiveness pts for correct they're/their/there use.

Full on breaking backyard lumber over your face for everything else in that post and the one that came before it...

If there's going to be a bunch of homoerotic back slapping for correct grammatical usage, lets at least make sure that all the bases are covered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_se

ChiefRon
02-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Now this is the bandwagon I just can not get on at all. Outside of Stafford and Sanchez, all of the QB's are projects at best. And from the way this draft appears to be setting up, the 2nd through 5th round or so seems to be where this draft is pretty deep at positions that also appear to meet our needs as well. O-line, LB's, possibly a WR, and maybe even a DE spot could be filled without reaching for some middle of the pack QB like Croyle. If we are going to take a QB... and I think we should... taking that QB at the top of the first is the no brainer. Not the other way around.

Exactly. I'm hoping this is a moot point by the time the draft gets here.

I know we won't land multiple top-tier free agents, but I do hope we land 1 or 2. At least 1 from this group: Suggs/Scott/Crowder/Dansby, and some help at DE (unless we land 2 FA LB & transition to 3-4).

FAX
02-04-2009, 11:17 AM
If there's going to be a bunch of homoerotic back slapping for correct grammatical usage, lets at least make sure that all the bases are covered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_se

I think he was trying to call someone, "Percy".

FAX

Gravedigger
02-04-2009, 11:41 AM
yea I'm tired of everyone saying that these quarterbacks are weak, Matt Stafford will be a playoff caliber quarterback mark my words. Sanchez given the right situation will be a playoff QB. The only weak part of this quarterback class is the senior part of it. Matt Ryan had issues with consistency and arm strength last year, which he proved everyone wrong. They waved a red flag saying Flacco was a reach at 18 of whatever the Ravens got him at. The point is just cause you heard it from Todd McShay doesn't make it true and I think that saying Aaron Curry is better than Maluaga... I think we trade down and god willing get Maluaga.

RustShack
02-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Didn't you guys know every other pick and free agent is worthless? Our number one pick will be the only factor next year and who we get will make or break us.

EyePod
02-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Yeah, lets pass up a franchise QB prospect for a LB. **** that. These two QB prospects are as good as any we're gonna get a chance to draft. I don't think we're picking top 5 next season. Maybe top 10, but I don't see top 5. We could have won up to 6 games this year if it weren't for Herm, and I expect us to approach that # this season. Let's get our QB, and build the team around him.

It really sucks because I think Colt McCoy is going to be better than both of these dipshits. But I don't think we'll pick high enough for him next year (top 3 probably).

ChiefRon
02-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Didn't you guys know every other pick and free agent is worthless? Our number one pick will be the only factor next year and who we get will make or break us.

And we better load up to make the playoffs, cause I hear they won't have any more playoffs after next year. So it's next year or never.

Saccopoo
02-04-2009, 12:46 PM
I seriously doubt that either McCoy or Bradford is better than Sanchez. Look, if you want to take the safe pick, you go with Curry or Oher. Period. End of story. Either of those guys are going to play in the league for ten plus years barring injury. Might not make the Pro Bowl, but they will be there. However, there are very, very few quarterbacks that have the potential to be a franchise type of guy. Only two in this draft, and only two next year, and I have my doubts about those two next year. The Chiefs have to make the move at QB now. Not with a crappy free agent (and the free agent market for QB's this year is nothing short of a steaming pile of monkey crap), not with a long shot in the 6th round. (Yeah, I know that they work out sometimes, but more often than not, they do not.)

Sanchez is smart (brother is a lawyer, another is a mortgage broker), has worked in a pro style set, has good pocket presence, is a natural leader with energy and motivation, is accurate in his reads and passes and his teammates seem to genuinely like him. He would also be a fantastic "face" for the franchise for the new millenium. There is a lot to like about the guy. And it's time the Chiefs rolled the proverbial dice on a quarterback that has the potential to be a ten year, Pro Bowl level guy. They need that. They desperately need that. Will Sanchez be that guy? Who knows? But he has the potential to be that guy, and the Chiefs haven't had the opportunity to get a guy like that in a long, long time. They screwed the pooch the last time they did. It's time to get it right. It's time to draft Sanchez.

SAUTO
02-04-2009, 12:47 PM

all i said in another thread was that there was no resason to just start calling names, it says more about the idiocy of you than the person you are calliung names,

mecca i have thrown out all kinds of facts to you on things and you refuse to see that someone other than you COULD be right sometimes

RustShack
02-04-2009, 12:48 PM
It really sucks because I think Colt McCoy is going to be better than both of these dipshits. But I don't think we'll pick high enough for him next year (top 3 probably).

:doh!:

warrior
02-04-2009, 12:58 PM
I seriously doubt that either McCoy or Bradford is better than Sanchez. Look, if you want to take the safe pick, you go with Curry or Oher. Period. End of story. Either of those guys are going to play in the league for ten plus years barring injury. Might not make the Pro Bowl, but they will be there. However, there are very, very few quarterbacks that have the potential to be a franchise type of guy. Only two in this draft, and only two next year, and I have my doubts about those two next year. The Chiefs have to make the move at QB now. Not with a crappy free agent (and the free agent market for QB's this year is nothing short of a steaming pile of monkey crap), not with a long shot in the 6th round. (Yeah, I know that they work out sometimes, but more often than not, they do not.)

Sanchez is smart (brother is a lawyer, another is a mortgage broker), has worked in a pro style set, has good pocket presence, is a natural leader with energy and motivation, is accurate in his reads and passes and his teammates seem to genuinely like him. He would also be a fantastic "face" for the franchise for the new millenium. There is a lot to like about the guy. And it's time the Chiefs rolled the proverbial dice on a quarterback that has the potential to be a ten year, Pro Bowl level guy. They need that. They desperately need that. Will Sanchez be that guy? Who knows? But he has the potential to be that guy, and the Chiefs haven't had the opportunity to get a guy like that in a long, long time. They screwed the pooch the last time they did. It's time to get it right. It's time to draft Sanchez.

Well said I couldn't agree more. The Chiefs will get more pieces for the defense next year in a better defensive draft. IMO

ChiefsCountry
02-04-2009, 01:26 PM

Colt McCoy, oh brother. :shake:

DeezNutz
02-04-2009, 01:32 PM

As in one of the top 3 picks in the 6th round?

CanadaKC
02-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Up until about two months ago everyone had this pegged as a quarterback spot but it looks like Tyler Thigpen may have played well enough down the stretch to make the Chiefs feel comfortable moving forward with him as their starting signal caller. Personally, I don't know that Thigpen has done enough to justify passing on a top quarterback prospect but I'm not the one making that decision. Selecting Aaron Curry would not be anywhere near as flashy as a guy like Matthew Stafford or Mark Sanchez but that doesn't mean it's the wrong decision. In fact, Curry doesn't get nearly enough credit for being the top pro prospect that he is. The #1 senior in the country and a legit Top 5 talent, Curry can basically do it all. A great all-around linebacker who can stuff the run, drop into coverage and rush the passer, Curry is also versatile enough to play outside or inside in either a 4-3 or a 3-4 defensive scheme. The guyreally is the total package. With the Chiefs Curry could fit in on the strongside or in the middle and he would give their front seven the boost they need. Quarterback will obviously still be an option here as well and they would love to find a stud defensive end to replace Jared Allen but there probably won't be one worthy of this lofty pick. Also keep an eye on Malcolm Jenkins because outside of Brandon Flowers and Brandon Carr they don't have much to get excited about at cornerback.

CanadaKC
02-04-2009, 01:43 PM
previous post from draftcountdown...

Brock
02-04-2009, 01:44 PM
wherever it came from, it's a real brainfart.

DaKCMan AP
02-04-2009, 01:47 PM

oh, brother. :doh!::spock::grr::rolleyes:STFU:eek::shake::(

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 01:49 PM

Wow, that's just HilariousROFLROFL

You think these guys aren't worth a top 5, and Colt Mcspread is? OH LAAWWWDROFLROFLROFL

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Up until about two months ago everyone had this pegged as a quarterback spot but it looks like Tyler Thigpen may have played well enough down the stretch to make the Chiefs feel comfortable moving forward with him as their starting signal caller. Personally, I don't know that Thigpen has done enough to justify passing on a top quarterback prospect but I'm not the one making that decision. Selecting Aaron Curry would not be anywhere near as flashy as a guy like Matthew Stafford or Mark Sanchez but that doesn't mean it's the wrong decision. In fact, Curry doesn't get nearly enough credit for being the top pro prospect that he is. The #1 senior in the country and a legit Top 5 talent, Curry can basically do it all. A great all-around linebacker who can stuff the run, drop into coverage and rush the passer, Curry is also versatile enough to play outside or inside in either a 4-3 or a 3-4 defensive scheme. The guyreally is the total package. With the Chiefs Curry could fit in on the strongside or in the middle and he would give their front seven the boost they need. Quarterback will obviously still be an option here as well and they would love to find a stud defensive end to replace Jared Allen but there probably won't be one worthy of this lofty pick. Also keep an eye on Malcolm Jenkins because outside of Brandon Flowers and Brandon Carr they don't have much to get excited about at cornerback.
Did you just copy, and paste this from another thread?

SAUTO
02-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Did you just copy, and paste this from another thread?

post #142

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 01:58 PM
It got bashed in that thread too.

ChiefsCountry
02-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Guess he didnt read the part where it says updated Jan. 18

ChiefRon
02-04-2009, 02:05 PM
We should start 2 threads:

Offseason Moves - Long-term rebuild to compete for championship every year
Offseason Moves - Sacrifice everything to make the playoffs next year

Maybe then we can have some meaningful dialogue about what we'd like to see w/o the constant arguing back and forth about whether to draft a QB or not.

missinDThomas
02-04-2009, 02:52 PM

word.

Hell with Orakpo did you see him against Ohio St? no one did...Everette Brown is supposed to be the best DE he is 6'4" 252

Curry is 6'2" 247 and a way better athlete. Mayock said there are no holes in his game and he watched a ton of tape on him.

If Pioli changes us to a 3-4 hybrid Curry could play anywhere

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2009, 02:58 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

CanadaKC
02-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Dane = Denial

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2009, 03:59 PM
Dane = Denial

Dane = Sane.

Taking Curry at #3 is outright INSANE.

Uhrlacher was taken at #9 and Curry is NO Brian Uhlacher.

Also, passing on a possible Franchise Quarterback in favor of a COVER linebacker is something that Jim Schaaf might do.

Not Scott Pioli.

JFC on a dildo.

Micjones
02-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Dane = Sane.

Taking Curry at #3 is outright INSANE.

Uhrlacher was taken at #9 and Curry is NO Brian Uhlacher.

Also, passing on a possible Franchise Quarterback in favor of a COVER linebacker is something that Jim Schaaf might do.

Not Scott Pioli.

JFC on a dildo.

Not sure how the Urlacher situation applies here, but I tend to agree.
You can't pass on Sanchez or Stafford to draft Curry, but if somehow they're both gone...

Eh... I probably still wouldn't do it.
:D

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Not sure how the Urlacher situation applies here, but I tend to agree.
You can't pass on Sanchez or Stafford to draft Curry, but if somehow they're both gone...

Eh... I probably still wouldn't do it.
:D

The point is that unless you have a sure-fire, game changing, phenomenal linebacker at #3 (Derrick Thomas, Lawrence Taylor), it's ridiculous to draft a guy that high. You'd invest $50 million dollars into a cover linebacker.

That's asinine.

I brought up Urlacher because he IS a game changing, Pro Bowl linebacker and he went at #9.

Number three overall is just to high for Curry, especially for the Chiefs since they don't even have a franchise quarterback.

bigdreams1
02-04-2009, 05:51 PM
You draft Sanchez and pick up Bart Scott or Jonathan Vilma in FA. Hell with our cap space we could more than likely sign them both or sign another FA linebacker like crowder as well. We could also draft someone like Ellerbe in the 3rd round. Taking Curry is actually horrible value at the #3 spot. Free agency will tell us alot about who we are going to be drafting. Let's hope Scott and Vilma are on the way to red & gold. Than you get your franchise QB &&&&&&&&& a star studded linebacker corps. COULD YOU IMAGINE DJ VILMA AND SCOTT. WOWOWOW

bigdreams1
02-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Especially if someone like Michael Johnson falls to us in the 2nd round or we pick someone like Kruger in the second round. Than we have our RE as well. We also will have a competent Coordinator!

CanadaKC
02-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Are you guys really that oblivious to the fact Thigpen has been getting props, Cassel rumours abound, Sanchez and Stafford will probably NOT be starters for at least a year cause they are NOT READY for the NFL like Ryan was...
does all this not point to the fact that Pioli probably won't draft a QB at number #3? You guys are dreamers. Stafford will go number one cause the LIONS absolutely need to draft a QB...theirs all suck...that's a given...but if Sanchez slips by the Chiefs..watch him drop out of the top 15...a la Brady Quinn. Curry can play 3-4 as well as 4-3....he's a beast and may not be the most favorite pick...but the one for best value.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2009, 06:13 PM
Are you guys really that oblivious to the fact Thigpen has been getting props, Cassel rumours abound, Sanchez and Stafford will probably NOT be starters for at least a year cause they are NOT READY for the NFL like Ryan was...
does all this not point to the fact that Pioli probably won't draft a QB at number #3? You guys are dreamers. Stafford will go number one cause the LIONS absolutely need to draft a QB...theirs all suck...that's a given...but if Sanchez slips by the Chiefs..watch him drop out of the top 15...a la Brady Quinn. Curry can play 3-4 as well as 4-3....he's a beast and may not be the most favorite pick...but the one for best value.

And you're absolutely NUTS.

Thigpen is a joke. He can't play behind center and his play fell off in the second half of every game. His 4th quarter completion percentage is like less than 50%. He is NOT going to win the Chiefs a Super Bowl. Hell, he only won ONE game in 11 starts.

Furthermore, what makes you think the Chiefs will win more than 4 games next year? THEY ARE GOING TO SUCK AGAIN. Their roster is the most talent depleted roster in the entire NFL. One offseason is not going to fix every position, nor is it going to allow the Chiefs to have any depth behind their starters.

Finally, who gives a shit if Sanchez or Stafford sit on the bench next year? I mean really, who cares? Many first round QB's sat on the bench and went on to have stellar careers. Give me a freaking break.

NEVER pass on a possible Franchise QB.

JFC on a chrome dildo.

ChiefsCountry
02-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Here is a team Thigpen could be a starter for:
http://www.boardoftrade.com/images/BCLions-logo120w.jpg

BigMeatballDave
02-04-2009, 06:18 PM
LMAO how many of these threads are we gonna have?

ChiefsCountry
02-04-2009, 06:18 PM
LMAO how many of these threads are we gonna have?

79 days till the draft.

BigMeatballDave
02-04-2009, 06:19 PM
JFC on a chrome dildo.LMAO

Brock
02-04-2009, 06:20 PM

Ryan "wasn't ready for the NFL" and neither was Flacco. The lame excuses you guys come up with for not drafting a QB just keep coming.

milkman
02-04-2009, 06:20 PM
79 days till the draft.

So, eleventybillion?

Brock
02-04-2009, 06:29 PM
How far back do you have to go to find a LB taken with a top 3 pick?

CanadaKC
02-04-2009, 06:31 PM
I love Cheifsplanet
ROFL

BigMeatballDave
02-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Gawddamned Canucks!

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-04-2009, 06:58 PM

Gholston would be a more valuable project because he's a pass rusher. That's why D-ends are actually, you know, drafted in the top five.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-04-2009, 07:00 PM
We should start 2 threads:

Offseason Moves - Long-term rebuild to compete for championship every year
Offseason Moves - Sacrifice everything to make the playoffs next year

Maybe then we can have some meaningful dialogue about what we'd like to see w/o the constant arguing back and forth about whether to draft a QB or not.

If you keep posting sensible things like this, I'm going to start calling you Captain Ron.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-04-2009, 07:02 PM

2000, if you consider Arrington, but he was more of a hybrid pass rusher. I really think you might have to go back to Aundray fucking Bruce.

Luke the Drifter
02-04-2009, 07:14 PM

Well, Mr. CanadaKC, I have to agree with you on this pick. Mr. Curry has a very impressive resume for a young college man. Our linebackers really played very poorly this year. Now I'm a big fan of young Derrick Johnson and he will definitely be a starter next year but he needs some help. I also think he needs someone to push him to being better. My heart lept for joy when we resigned Donnie Edwards. When Mr. Peterson let him go before I was terribly disappointed. But alas I am afraid age as caught up with our Donnie. I think he would be a great linebacker coach someday. Maybe even has soon as next year. Maybe a player/coach, I know that is passe these to have a player/coach but I think he would be a good one. :skip:

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Well, Mr. CanadaKC, I have to agree with you on this pick. Mr. Curry has a very impressive resume for a young college man. Our linebackers really played very poorly this year. Now I'm a big fan of young Derrick Johnson and he will definitely be a starter next year but he needs some help. I also think he needs someone to push him to being better. My heart lept for joy when we resigned Donnie Edwards. When Mr. Peterson let him go before I was terribly disappointed. But alas I am afraid age as caught up with our Donnie. I think he would be a great linebacker coach someday. Maybe even has soon as next year. Maybe a player/coach, I know that is passe these to have a player/coach but I think he would be a good one. :skip:

Do the Chiefs have the dumbest fucking fans on the planet (and by planet, I mean planet Earth)?

Should I make a poll?

RedThat
02-04-2009, 07:46 PM

history of LB's taken in the top 3:

Lavar Arrington OLB-2000 Penn State(Redskins)
Kevin Hardy OLB-1996 Illinois(Jaguars)
Quentin Coryatt ILB-1992 Texas A&M(Colts)
Aundray Bruce LB-1988 Auburn(Falcons)
Cornelius Bennett OLB-1987 Alabama(Colts)
Carl Banks OLB-1984 Michigan State(Giants)
Chip Banks OLB-1982 USC(Browns)
Johnny Cooks OLB-1982 Mississippi State(B.Colts)
Lawrence Taylor OLB-1981 North Carolina(Giants)
Tom Cousineau LB-1979 Ohio State(Bills)
Tommy Nobis LB-1966 Texas(Falcons)
Mike Curtis LB-1965 Duke(B.Colts)
Jackie Burkett LB-1959 Auburn(B.Colts)
Dan Currie LB-1958 Michigan State(Packers)
Steve Filipowicz LB-1943 Fordham(Giants)

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2009, 07:49 PM

Now if Filipowicz was there at #3, I'd be IN.

Flip!

Reerun_KC
02-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Do the Chiefs have the dumbest ****ing fans on the planet (and by planet, I mean planet Earth)?

Should I make a poll?

Yes and the poll should include names...

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2009, 07:52 PM

Pro-Football Reference.com has Filipowicz at the 6th overall selection.

Reerun_KC
02-04-2009, 07:54 PM

I dont think those teams could afford the money the top 3 demanded, so they just started at #4 to control the cost...

RedThat
02-04-2009, 08:01 PM

Yup you're right. I just checked his profile on wikipedia and it said he was a 6th overall pick in the 1943 draft, AND, it says he is a RB? WTF?

Interestingly enough, he was also a baseball player too? As an outfielder for the Cincinatti Reds.

It's weird though? if you to go google and type in NFL draft history and it gives you the whole history of the NFL draft all the way to 1936. Scroll to the year 1943, and it shows his name there as #2 overall and as a LB.

RedThat
02-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Oh and Dick Butkus was also drafted #3 overall in the 1965 draft.

This is messed up..I don't know if Im reading this right? On nfl.com/draft/history it has Butkus as the 11th player taken overall in 1965. Meanwhile on wikipedia is says he was the 3rd overall pick in the 1965 draft.

KcMizzou
02-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Do the Chiefs have the dumbest fucking fans on the planet (and by planet, I mean planet Earth)?

Should I make a poll?Was Luke being serious? That smelled like parody to me.

FAX
02-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Easily explained. The Filipowicz brothers were twins. Big Steve and Little Steve. They used to take turns playing linebacker and, of course, when it came to pleasuring women, Little Steve called upon Big Steve to help out on occasion. They used to call it the "Ol' Filip Flop".

FAX

Luke the Drifter
02-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Do the Chiefs have the dumbest ****ing fans on the planet (and by planet, I mean planet Earth)?

Should I make a poll?

Well Mr. DaneMcCloud, I guess you have appointed yourself as the expert of all dumb Chiefs fans. Does that make you the dumbest? I think your opinion is very bias. Excuse this old Chiefs fan for having an opinion. :mad:

DeezNutz
02-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Easily explained. The Filipowicz brothers were twins. Big Steve and Little Steve. They used to take turns playing linebacker and, of course, when it came to pleasuring women, Little Steve called upon Big Steve to help out on occasion. They used to call it the "Ol' Filip Flop".

FAX

A vintage Faxism.

And I generally don't condone isms. Isms in my opinion aren't good.

"...what a mess, I confess, that's not all..."

FAX
02-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Pay him no nevermind, Mr. Luke the Drifter. He's always insulting somebody. Glad to see you posting.

FAX

theorangelion
02-04-2009, 08:15 PM

Should I make a poll?

What's your trip Ahole? Apparently if someone does not agree with you he is dumb. IMO that makes you the dumb aholeROFL

DeezNutz
02-04-2009, 08:17 PM

Should I make a poll?

As a Hollywood guy, shouldn't you know better than to mess with the drifter? These aren't new stories.

milkman
02-04-2009, 08:20 PM
What's your trip Ahole? Apparently if someone does not agree with you he is dumb. IMO that makes you the dumb aholeROFL

You know the great thing about being an asshole?

We're not insulted when being called an asshole.

Luke the Drifter
02-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Pay him no nevermind, Mr. Luke the Drifter. He's always insulting somebody. Glad to see you posting.

FAX

Thank you Mr. FAX glad to be here.

theorangelion
02-04-2009, 08:22 PM
You know the great thing about being an asshole?

We're not insulted when being called an asshole.

You know that for a fact don't you milkman?

milkman
02-04-2009, 08:32 PM
You know that for a fact don't you milkman?

The use of the word "We're" should have tipped you off.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Derrick Thomas and LT were rush backers. Curry's best comparison would be to Urlacher, Ray Lewis, or Derrick Brooks (on the outside). None of the latter three are even remotely close to being worth as much to a team as a QB. Hell, the Bears rise and fall with Tommie Harris, not Urlacher, and Ngata, Reed, and Suggs mean far more to Baltimore than does the figurehead "Stab" Lewis

RedThat
02-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Derrick Thomas and LT were rush backers. Curry's best comparison would be to Urlacher, Ray Lewis, or Derrick Brooks (on the outside). None of the latter three are even remotely close to being worth as much to a team as a QB. Hell, the Bears rise and fall with Tommie Harris, not Urlacher, and Ngata, Reed, and Suggs mean far more to Baltimore than does the figurehead "Stab" Lewis

Ya and thats your opinion which is cool.

But on a defense that ranks 32nd in the league and is absolutely suckage in pretty much every defensive category I'll be glad to take any defensive player that resembles any of those guys you listed above.

Im just thinking any good player would help at this point.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Was Luke being serious? That smelled like parody to me.

It appears that he was being serious because obviously, I insulted him.

Sorry Luke and welcome.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Ya and thats your opinion which is cool.

But on a defense that ranks 32nd in the league and is absolutely suckage in pretty much every defensive category I'll be glad to take any defensive player that resembles any of those guys you listed above.

Im just thinking any good player would help at this point.

The only problem with that is this year's draft is weak on the defensive side of the ball.

The Chiefs aren't going to be transformed in one year and next year's draft is loaded with a ton of defensive talent.

This year, not so much.

Ebolapox
02-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Oh and Dick Butkus was also drafted #3 overall in the 1965 draft.

This is messed up..I don't know if Im reading this right? On nfl.com/draft/history it has Butkus as the 11th player taken overall in 1965. Meanwhile on wikipedia is says he was the 3rd overall pick in the 1965 draft.

there were two drafts back then... afl and nfl.

Brock
02-05-2009, 10:03 AM

As you can see, it doesn't happen very often for good reason.

RedThat
02-05-2009, 10:11 AM
there were two drafts back then... afl and nfl.

Oh okay thanks man...yes thats right because of the 2 different leagues back then? gotcha!

RedThat
02-05-2009, 10:12 AM
As you can see, it doesn't happen very often for good reason.

no it doesn't..its actually quite interesting.

Chief Faithful
02-05-2009, 11:06 AM
The Chiefs have so many needs I've decided I don't care who they pick as long as they are worthy of the big money they will make. The problem is the lack of top 5 talent in this draft.

CanadaKC
02-11-2009, 06:44 PM
bumped for all the Sanchez pimps...:D

Mecca
02-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Kevin Hardy, there you go, there's a comparison to what Curry is, do you really think that is worth this high of a pick?

sportsman1
02-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Sanchez,Stafford,crabtree. We need a play maker drafting that high. You don't get that kind of pick every year. It would be so Carlish to not do this. If this is a new era we draft a play maker. If mediocrity is coming back.. then we draft Curry,or a o-lineman.

KCwolf
02-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Sanchez,Stafford,crabtree. We need a play maker drafting that high. You don't get that kind of pick every year. It would be so Carlish to not do this. If this is a new era we draft a play maker. If mediocrity is coming back.. then we draft Curry,or a o-lineman.

Pretty sure a Defensive Player can be a "Playmaker". We got one headed to the Hall of Fame this Year. We have Soooo many needs....draft the best player #3 ..... whether it's O or D.... but just please don't lock onto a position cause there is no "outstanding" prospects beyond Stafford. IMO.

Mecca
02-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Pretty sure a Defensive Player can be a "Playmaker". We got one headed to the Hall of Fame this Year. We have Soooo many needs....draft the best player #3 ..... whether it's O or D.... but just please don't lock onto a position cause there is no "outstanding" prospects beyond Stafford. IMO.

Derrick Thomas was a game changing pass rusher, is that really hard to separate that from say Aaron Curry?

keg in kc
02-11-2009, 11:12 PM
We'd basically be drafting a player who does the same things as Derrick Johnson, except he doesn't rush the passer as well? Is that the jist of it, or am I missing something?

That sounds to me like more of a luxury pick.

Mecca
02-11-2009, 11:12 PM
He's bigger and more physical and sound than Derrick Johnson but yea that's about it...think um Kevin Hardy.

philfree
02-11-2009, 11:18 PM
He's bigger and more physical and sound than Derrick Johnson but yea that's about it...think um Kevin Hardy.

Hardy had 10.5 sacks in '99.

LOL

KCwolf
02-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Derrick Thomas was a game changing pass rusher, is that really hard to separate that from say Aaron Curry?

After the fact ... of course it's hard to seperate.....is it really that hard to seperate Alex Smith from Sanchez......just sayin'.
If u honestly believe Sanchez is worthy of the 3rd pick in the draft ...... well....I don't know what to say other than U R a homer. Watched him many times .... well not that many due to his starts... maybe 17..... and find him to be a VERY good QB. But there is no way in hell I would draft him @ #3 if I had the pick. ZERO chance.

Mecca
02-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Hardy had 10.5 sacks in '99.

LOL

And that would probably be his absolute very very best upside and that's being generous to him since Mayock thinks he can rush...I don't know if he'd ever be able to get 10.

KCwolf
02-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Billy Ray Cyrus has issues

Reerun_KC
02-11-2009, 11:21 PM
After the fact ... of course it's hard to seperate.....is it really that hard to seperate Alex Smith from Sanchez......just sayin'.
If u honestly believe Sanchez is worthy of the 3rd pick in the draft ...... well....I don't know what to say other than U R a homer. Watched him many times .... well not that many due to his starts... maybe 17..... and find him to be a VERY good QB. But there is no way in hell I would draft him @ #3 if I had the pick. ZERO chance.

I am not a USC homer and I would take him in a heartbeat... Stafford as well...

Mecca
02-11-2009, 11:22 PM

Considering Mark Sanchez is not from Urban Meyers shitty spread, doesn't have hands the size of a childs and has a good arm, yea I think it's pretty easy to separate them.

The Buddha
02-11-2009, 11:24 PM
I think a lot of people are thinking with their emotions hoping for Joe Montana. Even if we got a great QB, it wouldn't do much good with the rest of the team the way it is.

Crabtree would be a playmaker, especially if Gonzo leaves. We would NEED another reciever without him. He's the only reason we've been able to get away with only having Bowe, Kennison, etc.

KCwolf
U SC fans do hate that Meyer.....

DaneMcCloud

Call......9.....1..........1........Can't..............brea.......uh............

philfree
02-11-2009, 11:26 PM
And that would probably be his absolute very very best upside and that's being generous to him since Mayock thinks he can rush...I don't know if he'd ever be able to get 10.

I was just trying to get you riled up a little. Hardy avg 4 sacks a year. He was a pretty good player if my memorys correct.

Mecca
02-11-2009, 11:26 PM
I think a lot of people are thinking with their emotions hoping for Joe Montana. Even if we got a great QB, it wouldn't do much good with the rest of the team the way it is.

Crabtree would be a playmaker, especially if Gonzo leaves. We would NEED another reciever without him. He's the only reason we've been able to get away with only having Bowe, Kennison, etc.

......Michael Crabtree is not Calvin Johnson lets stop acting like he is ok?

ChiefsCountry
02-11-2009, 11:27 PM

This team isnt being build for this year, jeez. Think of the team in 2010 and 2001 and beyond. Good grief.

Mecca
02-11-2009, 11:27 PM
U SC fans do hate that Meyer.....

No I'm just telling you that offense the spread in general is the shittiest possible offense to prepare a QB for the NFL with.

KCwolf
02-11-2009, 11:28 PM
So Tebow's FU**ed?

keg in kc
I've said it about 800 times the last week, but I'd be real hesitant to spend a top-5 pick on a quarterback with one year of starts. That's a pick purely on potential.

DaneMcCloud

I'm sorry to inform you, but you sir, are a moron.

The Chiefs WILL NOT win more than 5 games next year, regardless of who's at QB or WR.

The Chiefs have the most talent depleted roster in the NFL and that isn't likely to change until 2010 at the earliest. IF a possible franchise QB is sitting at the #3 spot, YOU TAKE HIM.

PERIOD.

DaneMcCloud
02-11-2009, 11:30 PM
I've said it about 800 times the last week, but I'd be real hesitant to spend a top-5 pick on a quarterback with one year of starts. That's a pick purely on potential.

He was the #1 overall high school recruit. He was at USC for four full years. He played in many other games than just last season's 13. He would have been the outright starter in 2007 had it not been for the false rape allegation.

If he's there, you take him. Who cares if he sits on the bench for one season or ever two? Rivers sat on the bench for two years. It doesn't seem to have affected his play whatsoever.

Plus, the Chiefs will be lucky to win 5 games next year. They're not going anywhere soon and it may be the last chance to draft a possible franchise QB that high.

Mecca
02-11-2009, 11:30 PM
So Tebow's FU**ed?

That's pretty well acknowledged...

KCwolf
02-11-2009, 11:31 PM
I'm sorry to inform you, but you sir, are a moron.

The Chiefs WILL NOT win more than 5 games next year, regardless of who's at QB or WR.

The Chiefs have the most talent depleted roster in the NFL and that isn't likely to change until 2010 at the earliest. IF a possible franchise QB is sitting at the #3 spot, YOU TAKE HIM.

PERIOD.

So DANE..... is Sanchez your Franchise QB??....cause Stafford is GONE off the board to Detroit.

ChiefsCountry
So Tebow's FU**ed?

He is basically like that one dude in Marlboro's pictures.

The Buddha
......Michael Crabtree is not Calvin Johnson lets stop acting like he is ok?

How do you know he won't be? He could in all actuality be the next Jerry Rice, no one knows. But all things I've seen from him tell me he'd be pretty dang good.

This team isnt being build for this year, jeez. Think of the team in 2010 and 2001 and beyond. Good grief.

I am. Which is why I think having a defensive playmaker could be just as important as a good QB. So, whether a QB or LB or DE or whatever it may be, you go with the guy who you think will bring the most talent.

DaneMcCloud
02-11-2009, 11:32 PM
So DANE..... is Sanchez your Franchise QB??....cause Stafford is GONE off the board to Detroit.

By all accounts, he certainly appears to be a franchise QB. This will be further enhanced after the Combine.

I expect nothing but glowing reviews.

ChiefsCountry
02-11-2009, 11:32 PM
I am. Which is why I think having a defensive playmaker could be just as important as a good QB. So, whether a QB or LB or DE or whatever it may be, you go with the guy who you think will bring the most talent.

QB is more important than any defensive player. Besides next year's draft is loaded with stud defensive players, QB's not so much. Take the QB now, take the defense later.

KCwolf
02-11-2009, 11:33 PM
That's pretty well acknowledged...

By???? You? ESPN? CBS? By WHO? Hell I hate the guy....but how can anyone rule out the possiblitlity off his success in the NFL when he had a realistic chance of winning 3 H in a row and is a pretty damn good QB.

DaneMcCloud
How do you know he won't be? He could in all actuality be the next Jerry Rice, no one knows. But all things I've seen from him tell me he'd be pretty dang good.

He's slow. He's refusing to run at the Combine. He played in the Spread Offense and faced absolutely atrocious defenses.

He's not Calvin Johnson and he's certainly not Dwayne Bowe, Larry Fitzgerald or Anquan Boldin.

The Buddha

Do you think any of Stafford's ability can be attributed to having a threat such as Knowshon Moreno in the backfield? I don't know, I'm just asking.

Mecca
02-11-2009, 11:34 PM
By???? You? ESPN? CBS? By WHO? Hell I hate the guy....but how can anyone rule out the possiblitlity off his success in the NFL when he had a realistic chance of winning 3 H in a row and is a pretty damn good QB.

......Ugh...Why do I even try?

Reerun_KC
02-11-2009, 11:34 PM
By all accounts, he certainly appears to be a franchise QB. This will be further enhanced after the Combine.

I expect nothing but glowing reviews.

I approve this message!

DaneMcCloud
02-11-2009, 11:35 PM

Tebow's probably a gadget player in the NFL. He's not an NFL passer, he's a thrower. Again, he plays in the spread.

I wouldn't discount him as a legitimate NFL player at another position, but not at QB.

J Diddy
02-11-2009, 11:36 PM
He was the #1 overall high school recruit. He was at USC for four full years. He played in many other games than just last season's 13. He would have been the outright starter in 2007 had it not been for the false rape allegation.

If he's there, you take him. Who cares if he sits on the bench for one season or ever two? Rivers sat on the bench for two years. It doesn't seem to have affected his play whatsoever.

Plus, the Chiefs will be lucky to win 5 games next year. They're not going anywhere soon and it may be the last chance to draft a possible franchise QB that high.

rivers sat behind brees

big difference

DaneMcCloud
Do you think any of Stafford's ability can be attributed to having a threat such as Knowshon Moreno in the backfield? I don't know, I'm just asking.

No, and it wouldn't matter anyway. Nearly every NFL team has a running back capable of rushing for 1,000 yards or more each and every year.

KCwolf
......Ugh...Why do I even try?

Not sure brother....just keep throwing up your Sanchez pics while Tebow wins everything else. Just keep trying.

DaneMcCloud
02-11-2009, 11:37 PM
rivers sat behind brees

big difference

He sat behind Brees because he wasn't ready to start. Brees didn't exactly light the world on fire in San Diego. Otherwise, the Chargers wouldn't have acquired Rivers with the 4th overall pick and they wouldn't have sent Brees packing.

Mecca
02-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Not sure brother....just keep throwing up your Sanchez pics while Tebow wins everything else. Just keep trying.

In the words of Todd Haley from the blog...

What are you, A FUCKING RETARD? Were your parents retarded? Did they have drooly retard sex? What do they do, bang forearms to French kiss or something?

KCwolf
02-11-2009, 11:38 PM
That was the GREATEST blog I've ever read....classic.

Basileus777
02-11-2009, 11:39 PM
In the words of Todd Haley from the blog...

What are you, A FUCKING RETARD? Were your parents retarded? Did they have drooly retard sex? What do they do, bang forearms to French kiss or something?

ROFL

Some part of me wants us to skip out on a QB so we can see the Tebow/McCoy debates these guys will have next year.

keg in kc
02-11-2009, 11:39 PM
He sat behind Brees because he wasn't ready to start. Brees didn't exactly light the world on fire in San Diego. Otherwise, the Chargers wouldn't have acquired Rivers with the 4th overall pick and they wouldn't have sent Brees packing.So you think Sanchez is going to be ready to start in 2009?

Mecca
02-11-2009, 11:40 PM
ROFL

Some part of me wants us to skip out on a QB so we can see the Tebow/McCoy debates these guys will have next year.

That would be funny in a really depressing way.

Reerun_KC
So you think Sanchez is going to be ready to start in 2009?

He will be ever bit as ready as Thigpen will be next year if not more....

DaneMcCloud

Charlie Ward, Danny Weurfel, Gino Torreta, Andre Ware, Robbie Bosco, Ken Dorsey, Josh Heupel, Jason White, Craig Krenzel - need I go on?

DaneMcCloud
02-11-2009, 11:41 PM
So you think Sanchez is going to be ready to start in 2009?

Yes, absolutely.

Especially if the Chiefs address their center, right guard, right tackle and running back positions as I expect.

The Buddha
02-11-2009, 11:41 PM
He's slow. He's refusing to run at the Combine. He played in the Spread Offense and faced absolutely atrocious defenses.

He's not Calvin Johnson and he's certainly not Dwayne Bowe, Larry Fitzgerald or Anquan Boldin.

If he so obviously sucks, then how is it he's being picked by experts to be a top 5 pick? Granted they aren't always right, but they're right more of the time than most of us.

Its just something to think about. Its not like either one of us know who's going to be good or not.