PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Yahoo Sports: Gonzo Still wants out

booger
02-04-2009, 03:14 AM
Gonzalez still wants to be traded
By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports
1 hour, 17 minutes ago

KAPOLEI, Hawaii – Tony Gonzalez has gone from one tropical paradise to another over the past week. With apologies to Jimmy Buffett, no matter how much Gonzalez changes his longitude or latitude, it’s not really changing his attitude.

Barring a serious change in direction, Gonzalez still wants out of Kansas City – even more so if the Chiefs bring in a college coach, such as Kirk Ferentz of Iowa. Aside from Ferentz, the Chiefs are expected to interview Arizona offensive coordinator Todd Haley, Minnesota defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier and Chiefs offensive coordinator Chan Gailey.

Speaking in the dressing room of the players’ hotel Tuesday, Gonzalez said he expects to hear of a decision about Kansas City’s next coach by Thursday. The 12-year veteran tight end and Pro Bowl regular restated his basic desire to go elsewhere, the week after spending time in Tampa in advance of the Super Bowl. Gonzalez is hoping to finish his career with an appearance of his own in the title game; he has appeared in the playoffs only three times in his career, losing each time.

And with all due respect to the Kansas City Chiefs, the only team he has played for, Gonzalez has serious doubts the Chiefs are going to give him that chance anytime soon.

“You never know, and that’s the thing about the NFL right now,” Gonzalez said when it was pointed out to him that defensive end Jason Taylor made the same push last offseason only to see the team he left [Miami] go to the playoffs and the team he joined [Washington] not make it.

“You can go from being really bad one year and all of a sudden be really good the next year. So you have to factor that in. We have a young football team that could be really good out there in Kansas City. Now, the question is, are they going to make it to a Super Bowl? Like with Jason [Taylor], even if he’d have stayed in Miami, yeah, you could be good. But I don’t care about being good. I want to be great. I want to win a Super Bowl.”

Gonzalez’s desire for a deal follows his push in October for a trade – an effort thwarted when then-Chiefs president Carl Peterson refused to make the deal, leaving Gonzalez incensed. Even the departure of Peterson and the arrival of Scott Pioli from New England hasn’t quelled Gonzalez’s angst.

Still, he did seem mildly interested in Haley or Gailey.

“I want to see who they name as head coach,” Gonzalez said. “Yeah, I hear they’re talking to Todd Haley, but then there’s this coach [Ferentz] from Iowa State, some [expletive] like that and I don’t want to deal with that. It seems like we’re rebuilding anyway, and I don’t want to do that. I don’t know that I want to do that any more than I already have been.”

So Gonzalez seems far more interested in a future elsewhere, even if it would be somewhat bittersweet. He said he hadn’t yet talked to Pioli or team owner Clark Hunt but said he wants to be careful about how he proceeds. He has been frustrated with not only the team’s results but also moves such as trading defensive end Jared Allen, who is playing on the NFC Pro Bowl team this week.

“I love Kansas City. I really do. If I could stay there, I would. That’s why this is going to be a tough decision,” Gonzalez said. “We’ve been rebuilding. It hasn’t really seemed to go well. We won four [in 2007] and two this year. It’s getting tough. … I don’t want to make it seem to the fans in Kansas City and to my teammates that I’m abandoning them. I hope, I think, they’ll understand.”

And if Gonzalez gets his wish of a new home, he might not be alone, as teammate Larry Johnson also reportedly desires to leave the Chiefs – who, according to Gonzalez, aren’t making it easy for some players to want to stay.

“We traded away our best defensive player [Allen], by far. A game changer and you trade him away,” Gonzalez said. That’s just too much, and that’s sending a message to the guys on the team.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-gonzalez020309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Rausch
02-04-2009, 03:16 AM
And I still have to poo and eat and breathe and he'll still be here next year collectng a fatty check and breaking records...

Reerun_KC
02-04-2009, 03:18 AM
Will Pioli put up with Cry Babies? IF So then TG will be here... IF not, TG will be gone...

Rausch
02-04-2009, 03:20 AM
Will Pioli put up with Cry Babies? IF So then TG will be here... IF not, TG will be gone...

What the **** does KC have to sell tickets on other than Gonzo?...

T-post Tom
02-04-2009, 03:20 AM
And I still have to poo and eat and breathe and he'll still be here next year collectng a fatty check and breaking records...

You're damn right.

Reerun_KC
02-04-2009, 03:34 AM
What the **** does KC have to sell tickets on other than Gonzo?...NO Carl, NO Herm and the fact that we are actually after 20 years, The Chiefs are starting to build a championship team...

This is the closest we have been to a superbowl since 1988.

Rausch
02-04-2009, 03:45 AM
NO Carl, NO Herm and the fact that we are actually after 20 years, The Chiefs are starting to build a championship team...

Answer = NOTHING...

02-04-2009, 03:45 AM
NO Carl, NO Herm and the fact that we are actually after 20 years, The Chiefs are starting to build a championship team...

This is the closest we have been to a superbowl since 1988.1993:)

Reerun_KC
02-04-2009, 03:49 AM
1993:)

K give you the Montana magic is strong than Martys typical collaspe...

Reerun_KC
02-04-2009, 03:50 AM
Answer = NOTHING...

Answer = Regardless, TG is expendable and with Pioli's history. I dont think he will actually care if TG cries or not.....

Mecca
02-04-2009, 03:52 AM
Gonzalez sure has been a whiny bitch here lately...

I still think it comes down to the fact that a new GM isn't gonna hitch his wagon to an aging TE, so Gonzalez may want this to look like he called the shot.

Rausch
02-04-2009, 04:13 AM
Answer = Regardless, TG is expendable and with Pioli's history. I dont think he will actually care if TG cries or not.....

TG wil cry and Pioli will tell him to play.

He won't get traded.

There is, point blank, NOTHING to make a fan want to pay for a ticket outside of Gonzo breaking records.

kcxiv
02-04-2009, 04:33 AM

All he wants to do is play and win a superbowl now. I dont think he gives a shit about the records. To many great players dont get to have a SB ring he doesnt want to be one of them. I cant blame him if he wants to go.

Rausch
02-04-2009, 04:49 AM
All he wants to do is play and win a superbowl now. I dont think he gives a shit about the records. I cant blame him if he wants to go.

He doesn't have any choice...

the Talking Can
02-04-2009, 05:13 AM
whiny ass bitch

big nasty kcnut
02-04-2009, 05:26 AM
Frack that keep thigpen. So tony don't leave and add haley and keep gailey. Also draft a qb trade lj to free up cap room to get peppers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Stryker
02-04-2009, 06:04 AM
TRADE HIS ASS ALREADY! Geez! Take LJ with you too.

THIS would be an awesome way to start the draft and obtain those extra draft picks most here are desiring.

L8TR!

InChiefsHeaven
02-04-2009, 06:27 AM
Gonzalez’s desire for a deal follows his push in October

Heh. Push in October. Heh.

...that is all...

Orlandochiefsgrl
02-04-2009, 06:44 AM

I thought you got closer when you actually win and make the playoffs? THIS team couldn't be farther from a super bowl nancy. Maybe they will win more than two games next year... but playoffs? playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs! Que coach Mora.

BigRedChief
02-04-2009, 07:02 AM
Tony G is not a cry baby. The dude just wants to win one friggin playoff game before he's done. He was the only playmaker trying their best on every play last year. He's still out there on the practice field catching balls from the juggs machine after practice when everyone else has left the field. He's the type of player I want my team to be filled with.

wazu
02-04-2009, 07:16 AM
Pioli needs to put the following de-motivational plaque directly above Tony G's locker.

http://smoothjazzy.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/dontforget.jpg

rad
02-04-2009, 07:26 AM
Heh. Push in October. Heh.

...that is all...

LOL....that's good.

rad
02-04-2009, 07:30 AM
I want to know what expletive he used to describe Ferentz......fuck, shit, asshole, cock-knuckle, dick-whistle, douche bag.......

At any rate, I don't think that's cool at all.

tomahawk kid
02-04-2009, 07:46 AM
Shocker.

Tony is b!tching.

I totally understand where he's coming from at this point in his career, but he needs to keep comments like this out of the public. It doens't make him look good.

DaKCMan AP
02-04-2009, 07:46 AM
Who cares what he wants?

Gdaddy
02-04-2009, 07:47 AM
I am sick of these guys complaining about Jarad Allen being traded. He didnt want to be in KC! He wouldnt have signed a long term deal so KC did what was best for the team. It crippled them but it was the best choice. He would have stirred up sh*t all year long, probably gotten fat at his sh*tty restaurant, and not had the same year that he did in MN. Enough of the Jarad Allen complaints. Send Tony to the Giants!

TEX
02-04-2009, 07:50 AM
I'd feel the same way if I were Gonzo. Personally I hope he stays a Chief for life, but totally understand both sides of the situation.

ChiefGator
02-04-2009, 07:52 AM
I was against trading him in the middle of the year, but I wouldn't be too upset if he moved on to somewhere else for the last two years of his career. If we could get a 2nd or even a high 3rd for him, I'ld do it in a heartbeat.

LJ... trade him for a 5th for all I care.

TEX
02-04-2009, 07:53 AM
I am sick of these guys complaining about Jarad Allen being traded. He didnt want to be in KC! He wouldnt have signed a long term deal so KC did what was best for the team. It crippled them but it was the best choice. He would have stirred up sh*t all year long, probably gotten fat at his sh*tty restaurant, and not had the same year that he did in MN. Enough of the Jarad Allen complaints. Send Tony to the Giants!

There was a time when he did and would have signed a long term deal. Bottom line was the Chiefs were not about to pay he and L J. Carl and Co. had plenty on Allen to "justify" not paying him what he was worth. they chose to pay L J instead. So, we are where we are.

Shag
02-04-2009, 07:56 AM
I want to know what expletive he used to describe Ferentz......fuck, shit, asshole, cock-knuckle, dick-whistle, douche bag.......

At any rate, I don't think that's cool at all.

I get the impression he was using an expletive to describe his feelings about bringing in a college coach, not Ferentz in particular.

BigRedChief
02-04-2009, 08:01 AM
I get the impression he was using an expletive to describe his feelings about bringing in a college coach, not Ferentz in particular.
Correct. He didn't even get the college right.

FAX
02-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Poor Gonzo has been Hermed and Hermed bad. Although I can't blame him for wanting to win a Super Bowl (he works hard both on and off the field), he needs a lesson in public relations. Using an expletive to describe Ferentz or the school is uncool by any standard. I hope they trade him to Detroit.

FAX

Tiger's Fan
02-04-2009, 08:07 AM
I'd feel the same way if I were Gonzo. Personally I hope he stays a Chief for life, but totally understand both sides of the situation.

Totally agree. I'm not the kind of guy to sit here and shit on one of our greatest Chiefs ever, like some apparently don't have a problem with doing. People forget the human element in the game because they've never played it.

kc rush
02-04-2009, 08:08 AM
He's the one that signed the giant contract to stay here. He could have gone to a "winner" of his choice as a free agent a couple of years ago but he chose not to. I'm not going to feel sorry for a multi-millionaire who is not getting his way now.

I will say this for Tony though, for all of his complaining/desire to be traded, he has been nothing but a professional on the field. The man still trains and performs at the highest level and I respect that.

I suspect that the Chiefs will look for an opportunity that benefits both KC and Tony, but if it isn't out there he will be back and give his all.

J Diddy
02-04-2009, 08:09 AM
He doesn't have any choice...

No kidding, this reminds me of the thread about the chick who signed up for the car title loan. Just like her, he signed the contract. The Chiefs haven't done anything remotely close to being considered a championship team in ages. He bet that they would. He lost. Now he's being a bitch about it.

Iowanian
02-04-2009, 08:11 AM
“I want to see who they name as head coach,” Gonzalez said. “Yeah, I hear they’re talking to Todd Haley, but then there’s this coach [Ferentz] from Iowa State, some [expletive] like that and I don’t want to deal with that."

F@CK off 88.

J Diddy
02-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Totally agree. I'm not the kind of guy to sit here and shit on one of our greatest Chiefs ever, like some apparently don't have a problem with doing. People forget the human element in the game because they've never played it.

and what exactly is the human element here? He signed a contract to stay here. If anybody in any job besides pro sports signed a contract would they whine because their employer isn't a top employer? Demand to be traded to an employer who was considered the top?

DaKCMan AP
02-04-2009, 08:13 AM
The NFL is a business. TG is under contract in KC. We will more than likely get more use out of him for another 3 years than the potential return on a 3rd round draft choice.

rad
02-04-2009, 08:14 AM

“I want to see who they name as head coach,” Gonzalez said. “Yeah, I hear they’re talking to Todd Haley, but then there’s this coach [Ferentz] from Iowa State, some [expletive] like that and I don’t want to deal with that. It seems like we’re rebuilding anyway, and I don’t want to do that. I don’t know that I want to do that any more than I already have been.”

He said "some fuck LIKE THAT."

He didn't directly call him a fuck, but he lumped him in with a bunch of other "fucks".

FAX
02-04-2009, 08:20 AM
You know, the thing that surprises me the most about this article is the fact that Gonzo hasn't spoken with Pioli yet. One would think that Pioli would want to reach out to a few of the best players and veterans on the team to get their take on what's been going on. It strikes me as kind of odd that they haven't talked, to be honest.

FAX

Iowanian
02-04-2009, 08:21 AM
Gonzo must play for the raiders or some shit like that.....

Calling Ferentz the coach of Iowa State is like saying Gonzalez is a b Ronco....or MU's coach is KU.

Trade his ass to the Detroit Lions.

MahiMike
02-04-2009, 08:23 AM
“I want to see who they name as head coach,” Gonzalez said. “Yeah, I hear they’re talking to Todd Haley, but then there’s this coach [Ferentz] from Iowa State, some [expletive] like that and I don’t want to deal with that.”

Too funny. He's so gone. Can't wait to see him end up in NY w/Farve throwing picks his way. Meantime, we go 10-6 and into the playoffs! Tony, take Larry with you. Extra picks baby!

Iowanian
02-04-2009, 08:27 AM
I wonder if his wife, September would enjoy Detroit?

There are several bad teams with high draft picks in each round to choose from......

FAX
02-04-2009, 08:30 AM
I hear they have a mall in Detroit. With an Orange Julius.

FAX

J Diddy
I wonder if his wife, September would enjoy Detroit?

There are several bad teams with high draft picks in each round to choose from......

ROFL

Rep

SenselessChiefsFan

I think it is funny that some fans call him a crybaby.

He has been with this team for his whole career. He has given each and every coach his absolute best. He is the best tight end to ever play the game. He does the dirty work blocking, he constantly gets yards after contact.

He is the best to ever play TE, and has been to the playoffs only three times.

I don't blame him for wanting to get to the Super Bowl at least once.

That competetive nature is what has propelled him to be the best TE to ever suit up in the NFL.

Oh, and he has put up with alot over the years. And, he has always been a team guy.

I understand why he wanted to keep Herm. He has only one or two more years, and Herm had most of his rebuilding done already. It may or may not have worked, but it was closer to a finished product.

The new coach will come in and the Chiefs will start over again.

I hope he gets traded to the Patriots. I would like to see him go out on top.

I would rather he get to the Super Bowl here, but I don't know if that is possible.

leviw
02-04-2009, 08:32 AM
I don't really understand the double-standard here.

We, as fans, have been furious with the way things have went with the Chiefs the last 12 seasons. We've asked for more change than anyone in that time -- four coaches (going on five), a new GM, countless defensive rebuilds, etc.

But then we get pissed at a player for wanting the exact same thing we want? To win a Super Bowl. And this is a guy that has done everything right. He's involved in the community. Shows up EVERY Sunday. Talks on the team's behalf to the media after every game. Admired by the league. Some of you call him a whiny bitch... well look in the mirror the last 12 seasons.

If he wants to give it a run somewhere else, I say thank you, Tony. Great work. You're one of the best Chiefs ever. I hope you get that Super Bowl. You deserve it.

penguinz
02-04-2009, 08:33 AM
This isn't even Tony's decision so he needs to just shut his mouth.

stevieray
02-04-2009, 08:36 AM
I don't really understand the double-standard here.

We, as fans, have been furious with the way things have went with the Chiefs the last 12 seasons. We've asked for more change than anyone in that time -- four coaches (going on five), a new GM, countless defensive rebuilds, etc.

But then we get pissed at a player for wanting the exact same thing we want? To win a Super Bowl. And this is a guy that has done everything right. He's involved in the community. Shows up EVERY Sunday. Talks on the team's behalf to the media after every game. Admired by the league. Some of you call him a whiny bitch... well look in the mirror the last 12 seasons.

If he wants to give it a run somewhere else, I say thank you, Tony. Great work. You're one of the best Chiefs ever. I hope you get that Super Bowl. You deserve it.

it's not a coincidence that those that call him that are whiny bitches.

Chiefnj2
02-04-2009, 08:36 AM
I love it when the fans turn on their hall of fame players.

If he complains publicly it increases the chances he'll be traded. He doesn't have much choice unless he wants to play for that damn Iowa State coach.

Iowanian
02-04-2009, 08:38 AM
it's not a coincidence that those that call him that are whiny bitches.

Is that a fact.?.

I see it more like a girlfriend we've had for a long time. She was a pretty good one, but I'm tired of her talking about wanting to suck some rich guy's hangdown.

If you want to go, go, but in this case, he's going to have to give me something in return, like his fishing boat.

Sure-Oz
02-04-2009, 08:55 AM
He should've used his FA to his advantage, we still paid him more than anyone else would...im sure if he is here he'll shutup and play, atleast i hope

JuicesFlowing
02-04-2009, 08:57 AM
I love Tony G, but since I love Irony, I want him to get traded, then see the Chiefs make the playoffs next year, hell ... win the Super Bowl and his new team fail. That would have to sting a bit.

Shag
02-04-2009, 08:57 AM
He said "some fuck LIKE THAT."

He didn't directly call him a fuck, but he lumped him in with a bunch of other "fucks".

Do you know that for sure? I envision him saying "some shit like that", referring to hiring a college coach. "They're looking at hiring a college coach, or some shit like that" - that's a pretty common phrase...

Frazod
02-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Hopefully we'll hire Haley and pick up a couple of free agents and he'll get happy again. I really don't think we're that far away from being good.

But at the same time, he's getting paid as assload of money and I really wish he'd stop whining to the media.

Certainly can't blame him for not wanting Iowa Boy, though.

talastan
02-04-2009, 09:19 AM
This all but secures it for me! Haley is going to be our new HC. He'll carry his epic sideline Reciever battles here to KC. Him and TG on the sideline screaming at each other. Wonder if this is why Tony is complaining, because we may be getting a coach who doesn't take crap from players just because they are Pro-bowlers. I know screaming at players constantly isn't productive, but Herm's "Players coach" and Vermiel's "I'll cry because I love you" coaching styles tend to have shown a lack of leadership in this team IMO. Maybe a Parcells or Parcells disciple like Haley can get these guys working hard. Even Tony complained that his teammates didn't work as hard under the past coaching staff.

milkman
02-04-2009, 09:20 AM
You know, the thing that surprises me the most about this article is the fact that Gonzo hasn't spoken with Pioli yet. One would think that Pioli would want to reach out to a few of the best players and veterans on the team to get their take on what's been going on. It strikes me as kind of odd that they haven't talked, to be honest.

FAX

I'm guessing that Pioli has been too busy evaluating the team overall, the coaches, and the potential coaching prospects to take the time to talk to players.

But the fact that Tony hasn't talked to Pioli and learned the direction that Pioli wants to take this team is what irritates me about Tony talking right now.

He should have waited to hear what Pioli's plans are before he makes any public statements about any of this.

FAX
02-04-2009, 09:28 AM
I'm guessing that Pioli has been too busy evaluating the team overall, the coaches, and the potential coaching prospects to take the time to talk to players.

But the fact that Tony hasn't talked to Pioli and learned the direction that Pioli wants to take this team is what irritates me about Tony talking right now.

He should have waited to hear what Pioli's plans are before he makes any public statements about any of this.

I'm sure you're right, Mr. milkman. Pioli's had his hands full. Still, when new management takes over, they will typically debrief key personnel in various positions throughout the org chart. It's business 101, actually.

The fact that Pioli hasn't spoken to Gonzo fosters a number of questions in respect to Pioli's approach and vision for the team. One of the recent articles about him talked about how Pioli liked to mingle with the players. I'm wondering if Pioli walked into the job viewing Gonzo as trade bait. NE never had a problem letting highly paid, still-productive veterans go.

FAX

the Talking Can
02-04-2009, 09:30 AM
anyone who wants out can beat it

anyone

the Chiefs are finally serious about winning a title...if you want to whine about it then hit the bricks

Iowanian
02-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Yep. Its time for anyone who doesn't want to be part of this, to go away.

Anyone who thinks Pioli is going to listen to much guff and whining from aging vets, isn't paying attention to what has happend in NE the past decade.

Then again, that may be exactly why gonzo and LJ are shitting on this team now.

I appreciate what 88 has done, I appreciate that he's played hard, but if he doesn't want to be here....go.

Sweet nectar of karma.....let their new teams suck and the Chiefs win a playoff game.

talastan
02-04-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm sure you're right, Mr. milkman. Pioli's had his hands full. Still, when new management takes over, they will typically debrief key personnel in various positions throughout the org chart. It's business 101, actually.

The fact that Pioli hasn't spoken to Gonzo fosters a number of questions in respect to Pioli's approach and vision for the team. One of the recent articles about him talked about how Pioli liked to mingle with the players. I'm wondering if Pioli walked into the job viewing Gonzo as trade bait. NE never had a problem letting highly paid, still-productive veterans go.

FAX

My thoughts exactly. I have never really expected Tony to be playing for us in 2009. I had hoped he would, but I knew the second Carl was shown the door, Tony, LJ, and any one else worthy of potential picks would be gone. Pioli will do this several times over the next few years. NE use players, then when they are trade worthy at the high point in their careers they trade them. Only difference is that they already have the next generation of players developed or drafted to jump right in after the vets are traded.

ChiefRon
02-04-2009, 09:33 AM
I don't think it matters, really. I think Clark wants him to retire a Chief, and I have a feeling he will.

It's hard to blame Gonzo for wanting out, especially after he had to put up with Dumb & Dumber running this team for the past 3 years.

But then, he is the one that signed that fat contract, so....

Iowanian
02-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Gonzalez lobbied at the end of the season for Herm to stay as head coach next season. he can't bitch about working under them now.

These players sign the contracts, they should sd stfu and play football.

EyePod
02-04-2009, 09:36 AM
Gonzalez lobbied at the end of the season for Herm to stay as head coach next season. he can't bitch about working under them now.

These players sign the contracts, they should sd stfu and play football.

I think that when you've played as long as he has, you get some more leeway. But the more important thing is that we are interviewing Leslie Frazier! That's our Rooney Rule guy! I didn't hear about him being interviewed until now.

the Talking Can
02-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Anyone who thinks Pioli is going to listen to much guff and whining from aging vets, isn't paying attention to what has happend in NE the past decade.

bingo

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2009, 09:40 AM

I'm in the pro-Tony camp. Fair weather fans need an anti-freeze and fire cocktail.

Iowanian
02-04-2009, 09:41 AM
I'm starting to think Darth might just be the points leader for "dumbf@ck of 2008"

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm starting to think Darth might just be the points leader for "dumbf@ck of 2008"

I'm starting to think you can kiss my ass.

Getting all bent out of shape because Tony had the "stones" to take a verbal shot at a coach and a state that most of us could really give two fucks about?

You and the State of Iowa can BOTH go fuck yourselves.

EyePod
02-04-2009, 09:47 AM

Getting all bent out of shape because Tony had the "stones" to take a verbal shot at a coach and a state that most of us could really give two ****s about?

You and the State of Iowa can BOTH go **** yourselves.

Iowa is pretty useless. Especially with that stupid capital. Des Moines. Stupid frog eaters.

FAX
02-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Throwing down with the Keyboard Of Doom.

Bold, but not advisable.

FAX

seclark
02-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Throwing down with the Keyboard Of Doom.

Bold, but not advisable.

FAX

shhh!!! just sit back and enjoy.
sec

DeezNutz
02-04-2009, 09:51 AM
anyone who wants out can beat it

anyone

the Chiefs are finally serious about winning a title...if you want to whine about it then hit the bricks

Sounds perfect.

This should be the content of Pioli's first address to the players.

FAX
02-04-2009, 09:51 AM
I think "Des Moines" means "The Monks" or "The Monkeys" or "The Monkey People Who Freeze" or something like that.

It isn't easy being from Des Moines.

FAX

DeezNutz
02-04-2009, 09:52 AM

Getting all bent out of shape because Tony had the "stones" to take a verbal shot at a coach and a state that most of us could really give two ****s about?

You and the State of Iowa can BOTH go **** yourselves.

http://velocitymicroblog.com/uploaded_images/20050908163837_img_0322-775900.jpg

Iowanian
02-04-2009, 09:52 AM
[/B][/I] You and the State of Iowa can BOTH go **** yourselves.

You make gochiefs look virile in comparison.

I'll wager they'd put a photo of you in 5 wonka bars if they were giving away douchebags.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2009, 09:56 AM
You make gochiefs look virile in comparison.

I'll wager they'd put a photo of you in 5 wonka bars if they were giving away douchebags.

Take it or leave it motherfucker; I could really give two shits.

philfree
02-04-2009, 09:58 AM
I want Tony to stay and play for two more seasons. He might get a shot at the playoffs in 2010. However if we have to trade him then why not trade him to NE for Matt Cassel?

PhilFree:arrow:

Iowanian
02-04-2009, 09:58 AM
you already said that, goob.

Oh, guys like you can take 2 shits, usually in a paper cup from a couple of hookers.

You obviously fancy yourself an online pugilist. While sona-bitches is already taken, If I ordered 10 dumbf@cks from ebay and you were the only one they sent, I'd give positive reputation to the seller for a great bargain.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2009, 10:01 AM

Oh, guys like you can take 2 shits, usually in a paper cup from a couple of hookers.

You obviously fancy yourself an online pugilist. While sona-bitches is already taken, If I ordered 10 dumbf@cks from ebay and you were the only one they sent, I'd give positive reputation to the seller for a great bargain.

Blah blah blahZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Iowanian
02-04-2009, 10:02 AM
The dork is strong in this one.

I think your neck just clicked.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o172/jimiwillbe/s8c2-1.jpg

raybec 4
02-04-2009, 10:03 AM

:LOL:

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2009, 10:08 AM
The dork is strong in this one.

I think your neck just clicked.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o172/jimiwillbe/s8c2-1.jpg

Wow! That's completely irrelevant AND gay; way to represent champ!

Stryker
02-04-2009, 10:10 AM
I want Tony to stay and play for two more seasons. He might get a shot at the playoffs in 2010. However if we have to trade him then why not trade him to NE for Matt Cassel?

PhilFree:arrow:

I agree. This would benefit Tony and the Chiefs.

Frazod
02-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Wow! That's completely irrelevant AND gay; way to represent champ!

If you're going to do battle with the Sage of Hooterville, you might want to start by ramming your head into the nearest wall a couple of times. It will both level the playing field and make his retardese easier to understand.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2009, 10:12 AM

Fuck off, n00b.

Iowanian
02-04-2009, 10:13 AM
keep swingin' the beef,champ.

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2006_Jackass:_Number_Two/2006_jackass_number_two_005.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2009, 10:15 AM
If you're going to do battle with the Sage of Hooterville, you might want to start by ramming your head into the nearest wall a couple of times. It will both level the playing field and make his retardese easier to understand.

That, or I'll have to hire an interpreter to translate his Iowian Fucktard Sanskrit.

Iowanian
02-04-2009, 10:16 AM

Maybe this will help you see your own dick, sport! Always glad to help.
Maybe you could offer him the use of your 5 sided insult dice?
shake.shake. throw. Oh, Its "vile" and "evil smiley" burrrrrrrrrrrrn.
https://www.gigibeauty.com/images/ANNIE/MIRRORS/tv%20mirror.jpg

Frazod
02-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Actually, my dick looks a lot like you. Only it's taller.

raybec 4
02-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Fuck off, n00b.

I'm really crushed by that. There is always some internet tough guy telling everyone how cool they are. And for the record, I've been here longer than you have, it's just that I actually have things in my life that keep me from posting over a thousand times a month, like a job and having sex with women and friends. You should try any one of the three, you might like them.

Donger
02-04-2009, 10:20 AM
I love it when people argue about which midwestern state sucks the least.

Iowanian
02-04-2009, 10:20 AM
If I'm going to live in your head, I might as well move in some furniture.

The open space just doesn't feel "homey"

http://www.woodentoystore.co.uk/images/71400%20Modern%20Furniture%20Set5.jpg

The good news is darth, you've got a new bff. He loves those who hate. now you can rub rep swords together!

milkman
02-04-2009, 10:21 AM
I'm really crushed by that. There is always some internet tough guy telling everyone how cool they are. And for the record, I've been here longer than you have, it's just that I actually have things in my life that keep me from posting over a thousand times a month, like a job and having sex with women and friends. You should try any one of the three, you might like them.

:eek:

Frazod
02-04-2009, 10:21 AM
I love it when people argue about which midwestern state sucks the least.

Kansas - basketball = Iowa

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2009, 10:22 AM

You're right, you have been here longer. So apologies on that, as I was in the wrong.

Now, do you want to end this right now, or would you like to keep going?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2009, 10:24 AM

Jesus Christ; he really DOES suck at this!

It's like, "I don't even know where to begin"-meets "don't pick on the Special Ed student".

seclark
02-04-2009, 10:24 AM

s'what i was thinking...:eek:
sec

EyePod
02-04-2009, 10:31 AM

Are you bisexual?

P.S. I would have said "like working, having sex with women, and hanging out with friends" just to avoid the confusion. :p

EyePod
02-04-2009, 10:32 AM

This is why I'm glad I live in PA. Definitely one of the best sports states. I think New York is too overwhelmed. So many football teams that you need two of them to play in NJ... CMON!

HemiEd
02-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Gonzalez sure has been a whiny bitch here lately...

I still think it comes down to the fact that a new GM isn't gonna hitch his wagon to an aging TE, so Gonzalez may want this to look like he called the shot.

this makes sense

FloridaMan88
02-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Tony is a great player and I'd love to see him finish his career in a Chiefs uniform, but at the same time the Chiefs haven't won a playoff game during his career in KC. I'm not suggesting he is the reason the Chiefs haven't won a playoff game, but my point is the Chiefs should not (and with Pioli probably will not) be afraid to trade him.

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 11:21 AM
He said "some **** LIKE THAT."

He didn't directly call him a ****, but he lumped him in with a bunch of other "****s".

I think he said some "shit" like that as in the situation, not the person.

lazepoo
02-04-2009, 11:39 AM

Are you bisexual?

P.S. I would have said "like working, having sex with women, and hanging out with friends" just to avoid the confusion. :p

I give a fuck about an oxford comma.

88TG88
02-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Pioli needs to put the following de-motivational plaque directly above Tony G's locker.

http://smoothjazzy.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/dontforget.jpg

ROFL

ChiefGator
02-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Tony is a great player and I'd love to see him finish his career in a Chiefs uniform, but at the same time the Chiefs haven't won a playoff game during his career in KC. I'm not suggesting he is the reason the Chiefs haven't won a playoff game, but my point is the Chiefs should not (and with Pioli probably will not) be afraid to trade him.

Exactly. I'm not anti-Tony. Don't suddenly hate him for whining. But, this is a long off-season and I would certainly invite offers, especially if he doesn't want to be here for his last two years of his career. If someone would give me a 2nd or early third, I'ld trade him in a second.

News flash... we probably aren't going to the Super Bowl next year, and we should probably be trying to get a young tight end experience. Tony is a great insurance policy for any QB, but if he doesn't want to be here, and you can get some decent value for him, you do it.

It's business, and this is the business of the NFL.

Saccopoo
02-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Time to cut the strings.

New coaches, new regime. Tony put in his time here in Kansas City, but he's part of the Vermeil era.

Besides, when was the last time a tight end was the primary factor in a teams march to the Super Bowl? I'm not discounting the importance and contributions of Tony to this team over the past decade, but he alone will not win the Chiefs a super bowl. (Witness last season when he had one of the best seasons, statistics wise, of his illustrious career, and the Chiefs still managed to go 2-14.) A tight end is an extra blocker, a safety valve in the pass, and a screener for clearing off linebackers and safeties. You don't need, and probably don't want, a tight end leading your team in receptions and yardage. That means that you've simply dumped off a lot of passes short in checkdowns and that you don't have any faith in your quarterback; i.e., the Chiefs under Herm.

Let Tony go to a contender, get some draft picks for him, and if the Chiefs really, truly miss what a pass catching tight end offers, then blow next years first rounder on Gresham or, if they were really, really smart, they would get Pitta from BYU in the third or fourth or fifth round in '10.

After his stellar season, I don't think that a second and a fifth would be entirely out of the question. Maybe we could throw LJ in for good measure and get a roll of ankle tape and a tube of Bengay in addition to the picks for Tony - you know, something of equal value.

beach tribe
02-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Time to cut the strings.

New coaches, new regime. Tony put in his time here in Kansas City, but he's part of the Vermeil era.

Besides, when was the last time a tight end was the primary factor in a teams march to the Super Bowl? I'm not discounting the importance and contributions of Tony to this team over the past decade, but he alone will not win the Chiefs a super bowl. (Witness last season when he had one of the best seasons, statistics wise, of his illustrious career, and the Chiefs still managed to go 2-14.) A tight end is an extra blocker, a safety valve in the pass, and a screener for clearing off linebackers and safeties. You don't need, and probably don't want, a tight end leading your team in receptions and yardage. That means that you've simply dumped off a lot of passes short in checkdowns and that you don't have any faith in your quarterback; i.e., the Chiefs under Herm.

Let Tony go to a contender, get some draft picks for him, and if the Chiefs really, truly miss what a pass catching tight end offers, then blow next years first rounder on Gresham or, if they were really, really smart, they would get Pitta from BYU in the third or fourth or fifth round in '10.

After his stellar season, I don't think that a second and a fifth would be entirely out of the question. Maybe we could throw LJ in for good measure and get a roll of ankle tape and a tube of Bengay in addition to the picks for Tony - you know, something of equal value.

Vermiel era? Hardly. Try the Marty era.

Saccopoo
02-04-2009, 12:12 PM

So, what's better? The sex with women or the sex with friends? Because I know that having sex is better than a job. Sex with women anyway. I haven't been that drunk in a long time to have sex with a friend. (Really, and bj with a guy and a bj with a girl is basically the same thing. Same thing with anal sex. Especially if it's dark. The sounds are the same. As long as your friend isn't grunting in low gutteral tones. And you aren't running your hands through his moist, thick back hair. Unless your girl grunts in the lower octaves and has copious amounts of back hair, and if that's the case, then there really wouldn't be any difference would there?)

the Talking Can
02-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Tony knew we weren't sniffing a superbowl when he signed his contract.

unothadeal
02-04-2009, 12:21 PM

Dude that's disgusting! You have a job?!?!

Saccopoo
02-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Vermiel era? Hardly. Try the Marty era.

Well, it was tempting to say the Marty/Gunther/Dick/Herm era, but I was trying to be succinct.

dj56dt58
02-04-2009, 12:23 PM
I hope we trade his ass and win the SB..you signed the contract, shut up and play

suds79
02-04-2009, 12:28 PM
I have no ill will towards Tony.

If the guy wants out because he wants a shot at a SB, I get that.

The good news is that it's also good for us. We're rebuilding and are looking for more draft picks.

So make the deal... Everybody is happy. As GREAT as he is, he's still just a TE.

Maybe now a 2nd WR will be forced to emerge if our TE isn't getting 100 balls thrown to him every year.

You certainly get bigger plays out of the WR position.

Mr. Laz
02-04-2009, 12:41 PM
tbh Gonzo never should of signed his last new contract with the Chiefs.

not much has changed

unothadeal
02-04-2009, 12:51 PM
tbh Gonzo never should of signed his last new contract with the Chiefs.

not much has changed

It's funny. TG signed the contract with Carl as GM Herm as HC and Thigpen as QB. Now, when every one of those positions will be or already has been improved drastically, he wants out.

The Franchise
02-04-2009, 01:05 PM
I have no ill will towards Tony.

If the guy wants out because he wants a shot at a SB, I get that.

The good news is that it's also good for us. We're rebuilding and are looking for more draft picks.

So make the deal... Everybody is happy. As GREAT as he is, he's still just a TE.

Maybe now a 2nd WR will be forced to emerge if our TE isn't getting 100 balls thrown to him every year.

You certainly get bigger plays out of the WR position.

Not only that but if that happens....we get to see what we have in Cottam.

Molitoth
02-04-2009, 01:12 PM
I love Tony as a productive player, and one of the best ever at that.... but his whiney antics are annoying. I will not miss really him because I'm sure a new star will develop in Kan-sas-city.

DaWolf
02-04-2009, 01:13 PM
I don't understand why guys feel they need to go to the media and spew their displeasure. Tony and LJ are just the same as Chad Johnson, diva athletes who think they can whine their way out of a situation.

How about being a MAN about it instead of a whiny a-hole, and pick up the phone, call your GM, and let him know you'd like to explore trade possibilities, but you are going to keep your mouth shut about it to give him the best chance to get some teams to bite. By whining publicly, you are only giving other teams ammo to lowball the Chiefs, which leaves the Chiefs with the options of A) trading you for peanuts and taking a big cap hit, B) releasing you for nothing in return except for a big cap hit, or C) telling you to shut the hell up and sit the hell down, you're under contract. And if I am a GM and you are a whiny athlete who goes to the press, I pick option C every time, and if you want to cause a distraction, I put you on the inactive list for the year and send you home...

CoMoChief
02-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Why are calling him whiny and bitchy?

The guys been loyal to an organization that has been a loser. YES a loser with the exception to about 4 seasons while he's been here.

Hes done eveything he's could for the team. On and off the field. He's 33 or something like that, prob only gonna play for a couple more years.

The guy isn't whining about money, he wants to win a SB, you can blame him for that?!?!?! He's done everything you can individually at his position. This team is FARRRR FARRRRR away from being a SB contender, probably wont' be one until he's retired and he knows this.

Who can fault him for wanting to snatch on a team that actually has a chance to win?

I see nothing wrong with this. This is about Tony G and wanting to win the sports most prestigous even and trophy. This has nothing to do with what we want and what the crybabies in KC think. Tony G owes NOTHING to KC. He's paid his dues, the guy deserves a SB. Let him go and get one with a team thats in a postition to win it.

If I was TonyG I could give a fuck what the fans think.

DaWolf
02-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Why are calling him whiny and bitchy?

The guys been loyal to an organization that has been a loser. YES a loser with the exception to about 4 seasons while he's been here.

Hes done eveything he's could for the team. On and off the field. He's 33 or something like that, prob only gonna play for a couple more years.

The guy isn't whining about money, he wants to win a SB, you can blame him for that?!?!?! He's done everything you can individually at his position. This team is FARRRR FARRRRR away from being a SB contender, probably wont' be one until he's retired and he knows this.

Who can fault him for wanting to snatch on a team that actually has a chance to win?

I see nothing wrong with this. This is about Tony G and wanting to win the sports most prestigous even and trophy. This has nothing to do with what we want and what the crybabies in KC think. Tony G owes NOTHING to KC. He's paid his dues, the guy deserves a SB. Let him go and get one with a team thats in a postition to win it.

If I was TonyG I could give a **** what the fans think.

So DON'T SIGN YOUR CONTRACT EXTENSION. He signs his contract extension, he gets paid his huge signing bonus, then he complains that he wants out. IMO too bad. Deal with it behind the scenes. Don't go running to Teicher and Co with your problems.

And obviously Tony DOES care what the public thinks because he's the one taking it public and pleading for the fans not to take it personally...

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2009, 01:44 PM
So DON'T SIGN YOUR CONTRACT EXTENSION. He signs his contract extension, he gets paid his huge signing bonus, then he complains that he wants out. IMO too bad. Deal with it behind the scenes. Don't go running to Teicher and Co with your problems.

And obviously Tony DOES care what the public thinks because he's the one taking it public and pleading for the fans not to take it personally...

Carl used his snake oil charm to smooth talk Gonzales in to sticking around, and you damn well know it.

"Aw come on Tony, we'll have it together soon enough to get you to the playoffs and the Big Dance" etc. etc. etc.

CoMoChief
02-04-2009, 01:50 PM

I can guarantee you TonyG doesn't care what John Q Chiefs fan in KC thinks. Bank on it.

DaWolf
02-04-2009, 01:55 PM
I can guarantee you TonyG doesn't care what John Q Chiefs fan in KC thinks. Bank on it.

"I don’t want to make it seem to the fans in Kansas City and to my teammates that I’m abandoning them. I hope, I think, they’ll understand.”

Trust me, Tony is one of those SoCal guys who cares very much about how he is publicly perceived. He may not care what individual Joe D. Fan thinks, but as a collective he wants to be loved, he has an ego...

chiefscafan
02-04-2009, 01:58 PM
This is ridiculous have patience tony pioli is gonna get this team around.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Kick fucking rocks chumps. Goodbye. See ya later. Toodles. Get the FUCK out.

Molitoth
02-04-2009, 02:11 PM
For anyone who thinks this is Tony's first "whine-job" it is not...

Yes Tony is a great player, but he is also a great whiner.

raybec 4
02-04-2009, 02:27 PM
In recent years T.G. has been all Chiefs fans have had to feel positive about. Having said that maybe it's time to realize he is not going to be happy as a Chief. Perhaps they should try to unload him while he still has market value.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Giving Tony the same degree of "business" as LJ, and thinking they are both equally deserving of a Planet Shit-Sandwich?

STRONG, the fuck-tard is today.

If keeping Tony around came down to him or you, I'd take every one of you bitching about Tony down to the docks, and trade you for a crate of bananas.

Sure-Oz
02-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Haven't read the thread really but NFL live speculated that they think Philly or ARZ would be the best fit for him.

rad
02-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Do you know that for sure? I envision him saying "some shit like that", referring to hiring a college coach. "They're looking at hiring a college coach, or some shit like that" - that's a pretty common phrase...

I think he said some "shit" like that as in the situation, not the person.

I guess you guys are right......neural misfire on my part.....it's just that TG didn't use an "or" in there...he just was like "...,some fuck like that", you know?

Zman
02-04-2009, 04:05 PM
whiny ass bitch
I wish he would just shut the hell up. There are alot of great hall of fame players who didn't make it to the big game. I know it can be frustrating but how many of us can even play in the NFL and make the money he does. Just quit.

DaWolf
02-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Haven't read the thread really but NFL live speculated that they think Philly or ARZ would be the best fit for him.

Philly would have been a great fit for him this past year as well but as usual for some reason Reid chose not to get McNabb any weapons.

Ironic that the year they got TO was the only year he got to the Super Bowl.

You think Chiefs fans are frustrated with Marty and the idea of Cowher, imagine having to deal with Andy "Good But Not Good Enough" Reid...

keg in kc
02-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Philly would have been a great fit for him this past year as well but as usual for some reason Reid chose not to get McNabb any weapons.

You think Chiefs fans are frustrated with Marty and the idea of Cowher, imagine having to deal with Andy "Good But Not Good Enough" Reid...A poor man's marv levy.

Sure-Oz
02-04-2009, 04:25 PM

You think Chiefs fans are frustrated with Marty and the idea of Cowher, imagine having to deal with Andy "Good But Not Good Enough" Reid...

If Donovan had another WR as a weapon they probably go to the SB...

He never really has had good WR's, just avg ones...

Sure-Oz
02-04-2009, 04:48 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9180456/Gonzalez:-I%27m-willing-to-stick-with-Chiefs

Gonzalez: I'm willing to stick with Chiefs
by Alex Marvez

KAPOLEI, Hawaii - The headline reads "Gonzalez still wants to be traded."

There's only one problem: Kansas City Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez says it isn't true.

In an exclusive interview with FOXSports.com, Gonzalez said that a Yahoo.com story published Wednesday morning misrepresented his stance toward the organization. Gonzalez said he is amenable to returning for a 13th NFL season in Kansas City and won't know whether he will ask for a trade until seeing what personnel and coaching moves the franchise makes this offseason.

Such a decision won't come for some time.

"I want to make sure people know I have not asked for a trade," Gonzalez said Wednesday morning before the AFC's Pro Bowl practice. "I haven't even talked to (new Chiefs general manager Scott) Pioli yet. I said there are reasons I would ask for a trade, but depending on the coach they bring in and the free-agent acquisitions, I could easily be a Chief next year, too. In fact, that's the direction I want to go."

Gonzalez was particularly irked at the attention his "trade demand" received as it aired on an ESPN television crawl for his Pro Bowl peers and coaches to see, not to mention unsuspecting members of the Chiefs organization on the mainland. Gonzalez said he isn't as down on the franchise as he believes the story made him out to be.

"It's always been important to me to approach this game with class and do the right thing," Gonzalez said. "I have been so fortunate to be with the Chiefs. They've always taken good care of me. I have no complaints and I love the city, but who knows what's going to happen."

Gonzalez hopes to know more by week's end, which is when he expects Kansas City to name a head coach. Arizona offensive coordinator Todd Haley is believed the leading candidate.

Gonzalez also is curious to see how Pioli revamps the Chiefs roster after spending the past nine seasons with New England. A key front-office member on three Super Bowl-winning teams, Pioli is projected to have at least $30 million in salary cap space available entering free agency in late February. The Patriots, though, usually shied away from big-money signings.

"I had a chance to talk with some guys who played in New England," Gonzalez said. "They all said he knows how to do great things. He knows how to pick talent. That definitely was the best decision that (Chiefs owner) Clark (Hunt) made — bringing someone like that in there that can turn this organization around. I have no doubt he's going to do it."

Gonzalez, though, admits he doesn't know whether he will still be playing by the time Kansas City is ready to contend for a Super Bowl title. The Chiefs finished 2-14 in 2008 — their second consecutive season with double-digit losses — and failed to reach the playoffs for the ninth time in Gonzalez's 12 NFL seasons.

Gonzalez, who turns 33 later this month, is under contract through 2011. While committed to playing in 2009, Gonzalez said he is taking a season-by-season approach toward retirement.

One of Gonzalez's most prominent teammates went public Tuesday expressing his desire to leave the Chiefs. Running back Larry Johnson told a Kansas City radio station that "it's time for us to break ties. They can go on and find what they want. I can try to go on and rebuild my career and find what I want. I'd rather just play somewhere else. I don't belong on this rebuilding team ... I'm not getting any younger and this team is getting a lot younger."

The losing has taken its toll on Gonzalez, who says he became emotional while watching the long-suffering Arizona Cardinals play in Super Bowl XLIII. Gonzalez said he could relate to the plight of Arizona strong safety Adrian Wilson, who hadn't even reached the postseason until his eighth Cardinals season

"People were saying, 'He stuck with the team when he could have maybe gone somewhere else,' " Gonzalez said. "I'm like, 'He's been there eight years. I've been with my team for 12.'

"I don't want to be on a good team. I know we can be good. There's no doubt. But I want to be on a Super Bowl-caliber team. I don't know how much time I have left. That window of opportunity is closing for me. I want to make sure I at least get a shot at going out there and doing something great."

Gonzalez originally asked for a trade last October. Rather than pout when the deal didn't happen despite the reported promises of then-team president Carl Peterson, Gonzalez still played at a high level. He finished with 96 receptions for 1,058 yards and 10 touchdowns.

"I would be selling myself short as well as my teammates if I did anything less than that," said Gonzalez, who is primed to set career receiving marks of 900 catches and 11,000 yards in 2009. "That's why I spoke to my team after the trade didn't go down to tell them I'm on board and, if anything, I'm going to play even harder because I want to prove to everyone in this room, city and organization that I'm not that type of (selfish) guy."

Gonzalez knows the report that he is still demanding a trade doesn't help that perception.

"I've never been the type of guy who goes to the media trying to get my way," Gonzalez said. "That's just not my style. If anything, it's just to explain my side of the story. I'm not going to start doing that now.

"I'll probably from this point on stop (publicly) talking about this. There's nothing to talk about. You can't do anything right now anyway (with the NFL barring trades until February 27). I just want to play it out and see what happens."

InChiefsHeaven
02-05-2009, 07:00 AM
"I'll probably from this point on stop (publicly) talking about this. There's nothing to talk about. You can't do anything right now anyway (with the NFL barring trades until February 27). I just want to play it out and see what happens."

This.

Every time the media gets a chance to spin something into controversy, they will do it. Best thing is to just STFU and let stuff play out. Especially with the fragile state of the fanbase's psyche...:rolleyes: