PDA

View Full Version : Misc Rate your WPI obsession

DaFace
02-04-2009, 04:22 PM
I think Nick's a hack as much as anyone, but I always find it entertaining how much some people around here get worked up about it. To me, if people want to throw their money away for supposed "insider" information, more power to them. But I know it's fun to make fun of the whole organization at times as well.

So here's a poll to see how obsessed we really are with WPI around here. This should be interesting.

MIAdragon
02-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Ive never even visited the site, but have jumped on the hate wagon.

Buck
02-04-2009, 04:24 PM
On a scale of Infectious Diseases, I would say I am Hepatitis B

kstater
Meh, it's the mob mentality. There's blood in the water.

The Franchise
I don't pay for it.

seclark
mark me down for "i don't give a f@ck", please.
thanks in advance,
sec

Buck
02-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Okay, maybe Tetanus, but thats as high as I go.

Fritz88
02-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Once (in the past month) and it was my only time there.

crazycoffey
don't go there.

Stewie
Why would I look for information from a place that has gochiefs as an employee? Waste of time. I'm glad to say I've never been to their site and don't care to see it.

Reerun_KC
Where is the once per year option?

Sure-Oz
02-04-2009, 04:27 PM
I heard if you try to go on the site a "enter your CC#" page comes up

keg in kc
02-04-2009, 04:28 PM
I've been there maybe a handful of times. There's some decent non-athan related public content around camp time.

JuicesFlowing
02-04-2009, 04:28 PM
A year or so ago I used to go to the site for any Chiefs updates. But then I realized I can get all of that info on Chiefs Planet, so why bother? And I have no idea what in the hell a person gets for $110. That's ridiculous.

OnTheWarpath15
02-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Been there once, today - to see what the hell was going on with the censorship issues.

chiefforlife
02-04-2009, 04:30 PM
It is a good site. They have good articles, good training camp and draft stuff. NO ONE is right all the time. We ask for ALL the rumors that Nick hears, even if he cant confirm them. If you have been a premium member for very long you understand that. Sometimes that stuff leaks out and people act like Nick is swearing to it. HE ISNT, he is just relaying information, we all understand that it may just be a rumor.
I never have understood the hate for WPI that resides on this board. I LOVE both boards and it is amazing how they each have their own personality.

talastan
02-04-2009, 04:30 PM
I check to see how many of our threads end up over there, and vise versa. As for legitimate info, haven't found anything unique that would or has ever made me even consider paying money for .

dirk digler
02-04-2009, 04:32 PM
I go over once every couple of weeks just to see if anything interesting is being posted. I do the same with Chiefs Coalition.

Both sites are pretty lame though

blueballs
2-3 times
in a 12 month period

MIAdragon
It is a good site. They have good articles, good training camp and draft stuff. NO ONE is right all the time. We ask for ALL the rumors that Nick hears, even if he cant confirm them. If you have been a premium member for very long you understand that. Sometimes that stuff leaks out and people act like Nick is swearing to it. HE ISNT, he is just relaying information, we all understand that it may just be a rumor.
I never have understood the hate for WPI that resides on this board. I LOVE both boards and it is amazing how they each have their own personality.

Nick.... is that you?

NickAthanFan
02-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Our subscribers are way up with Clayton posting his magnifcant articles here.

The Franchise
02-04-2009, 04:33 PM

Of course he doesn't swear to it. People pay him over $100 for him to flip flop on issues....

If it turns out to be true....then he claims that you heard it hear first.

If it turns out to be false....then he claims that he never said it was a 100% guaranteed.

NickAthanFan
02-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Nick.... is that you?

What do you need?

MOhillbilly
02-04-2009, 04:34 PM
zero. i knew for a fact he was a hack when he 'droped' info on a certain coach coming to KC for a interview.

total bullshit.

but this site gives him plenty of pub even if its 99% bad atleast it gets his name out.

kc rush
02-04-2009, 04:35 PM
I've gone to the site maybe 5 times ever. Each time it was from a link here. Never gone on my own seeking info.

Deberg_1990
02-04-2009, 04:38 PM
just paid my $110.00

The deal is done.

MOhillbilly
02-04-2009, 04:38 PM

what you wrote makes him no diffrent from joe blow on the street.

I tell you as FACT that real guys who report and break stories have the coaches/FO peoples cell number and get the story straight from the horses mouth.

chiefforlife
02-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Of course he doesn't swear to it. People pay him over $100 for him to flip flop on issues....

If it turns out to be true....then he claims that you heard it hear first.

If it turns out to be false....then he claims that he never said it was a 100% guaranteed.

It seems that paying the 100 bucks is the sticking point for most. It isnt required, like anything else... You no like, you no buy!
Curious Pest, you used to be a mod, what turned you off?

The Franchise
02-04-2009, 04:45 PM
It seems that paying the 100 bucks is the sticking point for most. It isnt required, like anything else... You no like, you no buy!
Curious Pest, you used to be a mod, what turned you off?

I stopped being a mod because of fucking douchebags over there. It went from I can post however I feel to......I can't post how I feel because I represent Scout. Fuck that....no one paid me for that.....I'll post how I want. Plus Nick wanted me to run the board and I didn't feel like putting up with all of that bullshit.

chiefforlife
what you wrote makes him no diffrent from joe blow on the street.

I tell you as FACT that real guys who report and break stories have the coaches/FO peoples cell number and get the story straight from the horses mouth.

Look, the guy has had personal interviews with Clark Hunt, Carl Peterson, Herm Edwards and many of the players. That isnt Joe Blow off the street. I wouldnt doubt that he has phone #s of the front office people.
NO ONE has been able to get reliable info from the Chiefs since Hunt and Pioli stopped all the leaks.

eazyb81
I'd never even heard of Athan or his site until I came here, and have never visited it.

Paying for "inside" info for a pro team seems comical to me, considering you can find the worthwhile info for free. In the end, you're just paying for articles written by the likes of Claythan.

However, I have been a paid subscriber to sports sites before (Baseball America), and I have considered subscribing to Mizzou's Rivals site to get info on recruits.

chiefforlife
02-04-2009, 04:47 PM
I stopped being a mod because of fucking douchebags over there. It went from I can post however I feel to......I can't post how I feel because I represent Scout. Fuck that....no one paid me for that.....I'll post how I want. Plus Nick wanted me to run the board and I didn't feel like putting up with all of that bullshit.

I remember you getting frustrated about that, I wasnt sure if that was the whole reason. I dont seem to be having that problem but this latest censorship issue may change that as I have disagreed with it.

JuicesFlowing
02-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Look, the guy has had personal interviews with Clark Hunt, Carl Peterson, Herm Edwards and many of the players. That isnt Joe Blow off the street. I wouldnt doubt that he has phone #s of the front office people.
NO ONE has been able to get reliable info from the Chiefs since Hunt and Pioli stopped all the leaks.

I'm kind of liking how they do business now. But it does make the rumors more annoying because nobody really knows anything.

The Franchise
02-04-2009, 04:51 PM
I remember you getting frustrated about that, I wasnt sure if that was the whole reason. I dont seem to be having that problem but this latest censorship issue may change that as I have disagreed with it.

Yeah it mainly came from 2 posters over there. Once of which found his way over here....and proceeded to get his ass handed to him. Although that could be because he's been a douchebag everywhere he goes.

JuicesFlowing
02-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Paying for "inside" info for a pro team seems comical to me, considering you can find the worthwhile info for free.

Exactly.

MOhillbilly
02-04-2009, 04:52 PM

I know for FACT that he said a certain coach was coming to KC for a interview and that shit was BULLLLLLLSHHHHIIIIITTTTTT.

cause i got it straight from the Hoses mouth!

and big WOOP about interviews ive talked to and hung out with NFL players & coaches, hall of famers, even an owner. just cause athan has holds ZERO water when he states something as fact and it isnt.

fool me once.

Spott
02-04-2009, 04:55 PM
I never understood why anyone would be stupid enough to pay to get "insider" info when all of the real news is free and will end up on ESPN, CBS Sportsline, etc. anyways.

PunkinDrublic
02-04-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm not paying for that shit and I really don't care what they have to say. It is funny watching people bash it and seeing Claythan squirm trying to defend it.

sedated
02-04-2009, 04:57 PM
never been there, ever.

Bi_polar
02-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Hey, he's smart enough to make a buck. Doesn't bother me one bit.

Frazod
02-04-2009, 05:02 PM
You weren't here when the obsession was J.D. and NEPA. I didn't really give a fuck about them, either.

To his credit, I don't think Nick calls people in the middle of the night threatening to sue them. Although he might. Phil especially seems to bring that out in people. :D

PunkinDrublic
02-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Hey, he's smart enough to make a buck. Doesn't bother me one bit.

I agree if people are stupid enough to pay that kind of money for access deserve what they are getting.

OnTheWarpath15
02-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Yeah it mainly came from 2 posters over there. Once of which found his way over here....and proceeded to get his ass handed to him. Although that could be because he's been a douchebag everywhere he goes.

Trevor Laws, FTW!

The Franchise
02-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Trevor Laws, FTW!

:D Nope....not THAT douchebag.

the Talking Can
02-04-2009, 05:06 PM
I think Nick's a hack as much as anyone, but I always find it entertaining how much some people around here get worked up about it. To me, if people want to throw their money away for supposed "insider" information, more power to them. But I know it's fun to make fun of the whole organization at times as well.

So here's a poll to see how obsessed we really are with WPI around here. This should be interesting.

Zero.

I never visit or read the site.

But for some reason this site has allowed - for years - paid employees of a for-profit site to spam Chiefsplanet. It never ends. And I'll never understand it.

And it is the only company we allow to spam. Just fucking baffling.

OnTheWarpath15
02-04-2009, 05:07 PM
:D Nope....not THAT douchebag.

Really?

He's whined about censorship everywhere he goes.

Your post described him to a "T"

warrior
02-04-2009, 05:10 PM
once in 5 years 15 mins wasted :eek:

NickAthanFan
02-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Zero.

I never visit or read the site.

But for some reason this site has allowed - for years - paid employees of a for-profit site to spam Chiefsplanet. It never ends. And I'll never understand it.

And it is the only company we allow to spam. Just ****ing baffling.

You should stop pretending, do you really want me to disclose your username and how many YEARS you have been a member? Didn't think so.

Last, if there was a site that was your bitch, and you could get free money from them wouldn't you do it?

The Franchise
02-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Really?

He's whined about censorship everywhere he goes.

Your post described him to a "T"

I'm pretty sure that everyone just calls him "Tom" around here.

NickAthanFan
02-04-2009, 05:12 PM
And for the record, I'm not addicted to the site, but I am addicted to the money.

OnTheWarpath15
02-04-2009, 05:13 PM
I'm pretty sure that everyone just calls him "Tom" around here.

Oh, THAT douchebag...

Skip Towne
02-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Oh, THAT douchebag...

I suspected it was DCS.

rockymtnchief
02-04-2009, 05:25 PM
I looked once a few years back. Then forgot about it until I registered here. But I still haven't been back.

Mr. Laz
02-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Never ..... i refuse to even go there once to bump their traffic

Mr. Laz
02-04-2009, 05:31 PM
You should stop pretending, do you really want me to disclose your username and how many YEARS you have been a member? Didn't think so.

Last, if there was a site that was your bitch, and you could get free money from them wouldn't you do it?
this post has Goatboy written all over it

The Franchise
02-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Oh, THAT douchebag...

I suspected it was DCS.

No...he went by Whachamacallit over there. He went by Slick32 over here.

88TG88
02-04-2009, 05:34 PM
You weren't here when the obsession was J.D. and NEPA. I didn't really give a **** about them, either.

To his credit, I don't think Nick calls people in the middle of the night threatening to sue them. Although he might. Phil especially seems to bring that out in people. :D

I've heard of them.

Skip Towne
02-04-2009, 05:35 PM
No...he went by Whachamacallit over there. He went by Slick32 over here.

I wonder where he came from? Somebody banned him no doubt.

Donger
02-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Non-existent.

The Franchise
02-04-2009, 05:38 PM
I wonder where he came from? Somebody banned him no doubt.

Yeah...he started this HUGE argument because people were calling California....Cali. He stated that everyone from California hates that and no one uses the term Cali. When in fact.....they do.

the Talking Can
02-04-2009, 05:42 PM

hi claythan

Hammock Parties
02-04-2009, 06:20 PM
this post has Goatboy written all over it

No, Laz, sorry. I'm not interested in any of this garbage. It'll all blow over.

luv
02-04-2009, 06:24 PM
I started going there when the night crew here got sparse. Then I started working days, and never went. Then Claythan had me post a few articles when he was banned here last year. Haven't been back since then.

Mr. Laz
02-04-2009, 06:27 PM
I started going there

night

Then Claythan had me

Haven't been back since

FYP

ROFL

beavis
I never visit their site.

I just wish I could come here and not have to see their crap.

ChiefsCountry
I used to subscribe to the magazine and it sucked ass.

Skip Towne
02-04-2009, 06:28 PM
No, Laz, sorry. I'm not interested in any of this garbage. It'll all blow over.

I really appreciate you're not on here insulting our intellegence by trying to defend this moron.

SAUTO
02-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Why would I look for information from a place that has gochiefs as an employee? Waste of time. I'm glad to say I've never been to their site and don't care to see it.

i endorse this post:D

chiefforlife
02-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Yeah...he started this HUGE argument because people were calling California....Cali. He stated that everyone from California hates that and no one uses the term Cali. When in fact.....they do.

When I first met him, we got into a 5 page argument over the use of "then" or "than". I couldnt believe it, the guy was furious. Kind of funny, really.

Nzoner
02-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Last time I was there was when Phil was still there(nothing against Phil)I didn't care for it then,no matter who was there and haven't been back since.

One note on Nick though,I've never met the guy but I'll never forget seeing him interviewed in Indy right before the play-off game and thinking WTF,dude owns a Chiefs publication and is in Indy for a huge game and is wearing nothing to represent the team that helps feed him.

luv
02-04-2009, 06:37 PM
FYP

ROFL

Cute.

Jenson71
02-04-2009, 06:38 PM
I just went there for the first time. What a thrill.

Mr. Laz
02-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Cute.
sorry hon, us guys always have our minds in the gutter

btw .... can i see your boobies? o:-)

Hammock Parties
02-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Last time I was there was when Phil was still there(nothing against Phil)I didn't care for it then,no matter who was there and haven't been back since.

One note on Nick though,I've never met the guy but I'll never forget seeing him interviewed in Indy right before the play-off game and thinking WTF,dude owns a Chiefs publication and is in Indy for a huge game and is wearing nothing to represent the team that helps feed him.

Guys who cover the team are usually expected to NOT wear team apparel. Do you ever see Len Dawson on the news wearing chiefs gear?

luv
02-04-2009, 06:56 PM
sorry hon, us guys always have our minds in the gutter

btw .... can i see your boobies? o:-)

Again?

Dave Lane
02-04-2009, 07:07 PM
I just click on Clayton's link so he gets credit for it

Nzoner
02-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Guys who cover the team are usually expected to NOT wear team apparel. Do you ever see Len Dawson on the news wearing chiefs gear?

No,but Lenny doesn't "own" the station either

HemiEd
02-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Haha, funny, I just went over there this week to remove my email address in order to eliminate the spam. It has been several months prior to that.

Mr. Laz
02-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Again?
x 10!!!!!!!1111111111eleventybillion!!

Mr. Laz
02-04-2009, 08:23 PM
on a side note ....... i don't think too many people around here would have ANY kind of wpi obsession if they didn't get reminded of wpi bullshit ever other day.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-04-2009, 08:26 PM
I've never visited the site, nor do I get the obsession that people on this board have with mentioning it every goddamned half hour.

Bugeater
02-04-2009, 08:32 PM
I have no desire or reason to go there, I get everything I need to know right here. And I don't really understand why some have a problem with Claythan posting their articles here, it's not like he's making you go over there to read them.