PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why are so many Chiefs fans against drafting a 1st round QB?

Pages : [1] 2

Deberg_1990
02-04-2009, 08:31 PM
What is it??

Did Steve Fuller and Todd Blackledge ruin your childhood??

Let it go people. Its time....

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2009, 08:34 PM
You can't fix stupid, that's why.

DeezNutz
02-04-2009, 08:34 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jZprGlfLmEo/SBINoKRFzXI/AAAAAAAAAR0/eD2NfiYrRvU/s400/scared_shitless.jpg

KCChiefsMan
02-04-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm not against it. As a matter of fact, I'm all for it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-04-2009, 08:38 PM
We have stupid fans who have been brainwashed by 20 years of CP's Commitment to Cowardice.

KCCHIEFS27
02-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Really? This conversation again....?

Bugeater
I think a better question would be "Why are so many Chiefs fans willing to argue incessantly over something they have absolutely no control over?".

PastorMikH
I'd be for it if there were a legit stud available. I'm not sold on Sanchez or Stafford as a top 3 pick. Now, if we were to trade down to the lower part of the top 10, pick up another first round or high second round pick and still get one of them, that might be a different story.

ChiefsCountry
02-04-2009, 08:40 PM
We dont need a QB, we have Tyler "CFL" Thigpen.

Skip Towne
02-04-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm all for it. If he flames out just call it a "Sims Moment" and move on.

penguinz
02-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Chiefs fans have no spine.

el borracho
Well, I'm not one of them, but I think the argument has been concern about investing top 5 money in a position that has a high degree of risk (very few QBs, regardless of draft position, actually merit top 5 money).

I'm not sure why they would be so concerned with Clark Hunts' money, but there you go. :shrug:

'Hamas' Jenkins
I'd be for it if there were a legit stud available.

"I'd be for it if I could know the future."

Give me a QB with a better set of physical skills than Matt Stafford who also has 3 years of starting experience in the toughest conference in the country who has come out in the last 5 years.

RealSNR
The people who don't want to draft a QB are an overwhelming minority on this board.

The fanbase isn't stupid. Quit acting like it is.

Deberg_1990
02-04-2009, 08:43 PM
I'd be for it if there were a legit stud available. .

You realize people say that every year?

blueballs
02-04-2009, 08:44 PM
attention whoring
out weighs perception

Deberg_1990
02-04-2009, 08:46 PM
attention whoring
out weighs perception

That might be some of it. IM not sure if alot of these guys honestly believe this crap they are spewing or do they do it just to bring out Mecca from hiding??

DeezNutz
02-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Kevin Kietzman was actually very funny when talking about this same subject today with Jack Harry.

KK was asking callers what the most important position on the field was. Predictably, some responded, "Offensive line."

To this, he tried to force some schmuck to say, "I'd rather have Will Shields than Peyton Manning." KK kept insisting, "Come on! It will be therapeutic!"

Jack "I'm not much different from Nick "Assclown" Athan" rushes in with the claim that Manning's line was much better when Manning was drafted.

KK: "Name all the HOF linemen on the Colts."

*crickets* and then a slight shift in the conversation.

KK: "Knowing what you do now, if you had to start a franchise today, would you take P. Manning or Derrick Thomas? Knowing what you do now..."

Harry: "uhhuhhuhhuuhhhuuhhhh *frantically searches for the ASSCLOWN'S number*uuhhhh, DT! Pass rushers are harder to find than quarterbacks. You can always find a decent quarterback!"

Unfuckingbelievable. Yeah, those franchise quarterbacks fall of fucking trees.

It was a beautiful exchange and solidified Jack Harry's dumbassery.

RealSNR
02-04-2009, 08:50 PM
That might be some of it. IM not sure if alot of these guys honestly believe this crap they are spewing or do they do it just to bring out Mecca from hiding??If you and Mecca are dating, just let us know. We don't hate people of "your kind."

Deberg_1990
02-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Kevin Kietzman was actually very funny when talking about this same subject today with Jack Harry.

KK was asking callers what the most important position on the field was. Predictably, some responded, "Offensive line."

To this, he tried to force some schmuck to say, "I'd rather have Will Shields than Peyton Manning." KK kept insisting, "Come on! It will be therapeutic!"

Jack "I'm not much different from Nick "Assclown" Athan" rushes in with the claim that Manning's line was much better when Manning was drafted.

KK: "Name all the HOF linemen on the Colts."

*crickets* and then a slight shift in the conversation.

KK: "Knowing what you do now, if you had to start a franchise today, would you take P. Manning or Derrick Thomas? Knowing what you do now..."

Harry: "uhhuhhuhhuuhhhuuhhhh *frantically searches for the ASSCLOWN'S number*uuhhhh, DT! Pass rushers are harder to find than quarterbacks. You can always find a decent quarterback!"

Un****ingbelievable. Yeah, those franchise quarterbacks fall of ****ing trees.

It was a beautiful exchange and solidified Jack Harry's dumbassery.

Wow.....just wow.

suds79
02-04-2009, 08:52 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jZprGlfLmEo/SBINoKRFzXI/AAAAAAAAAR0/eD2NfiYrRvU/s400/scared_shitless.jpg

Yep. That's it in a nutshell.

I love how those same people seem to think that hitting on a QB in the 1st round is like winning the lottery where as drafting say a D-linemen is pretty much a sure thing. :spank:

the Talking Can
02-04-2009, 08:52 PM

Give me a QB with a better set of physical skills than Matt Stafford who also has 3 years of starting experience in the toughest conference in the country who has come out in the last 5 years.

I want to see the answers to this

RealSNR
02-04-2009, 08:56 PM

1.Ken Dorsey? Is that 5 years?

kcbubb
02-04-2009, 08:57 PM
The people who don't want to draft a QB are an overwhelming minority on this board.

The fanbase isn't stupid. Quit acting like it is.

(concerning the minority of people who don't want a QB) I don't think that is true. For example, I just checked a poll of whether or not the Lions should take Stafford with the first pick. The poll was about 50/50. Over 40,000 people voted. That wasn't for the Chiefs fan base, but many fans don't consider this decision a "no-brainer".

Mr. Laz
02-04-2009, 08:58 PM
http://www.invitinghome.com/Mirrors/MirrorsPictures/1534l_mirror.jpg

RealSNR
02-04-2009, 09:01 PM
(concerning the minority of people who don't want a QB) I don't think that is true. For example, I just checked a poll of whether or not the Lions should take Stafford with the first pick. The poll was about 50/50. Over 40,000 people voted. That wasn't for the Chiefs fan base, but many fans don't consider this decision a "no-brainer".What I've seen is that one or two fans will say something like, "we should draft Aaron Curry at 3rd overall." The rest of the fans then flip a shit and act like they're in a fight for their lives when in reality it's just one or two people they're arguing against.

baitism
02-04-2009, 09:02 PM
What is it??

Did Steve Fuller and Todd Blackledge ruin your childhood??

Let it go people. Its time....

Because both Stafford and Sanchez suck, maybe?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2009, 09:02 PM

1) Do go fuck yourself.

2) You don't want a QB either? See #1.

Mr. Laz
02-04-2009, 09:08 PM
1) Do go fuck yourself.

2) You don't want a QB either? See #1.
eat a bag of shit

no wait

eat a bag of Mark Sanchez's shit

no wait

eat a bag of Mark Sanchez's shit and wash it down with some antifreeze

no wait

eat a bag of Mark Sanchez's shit and wash it down with some antifreeze as you jump and die in a fire.

kcbubb
02-04-2009, 09:09 PM
what if we simply like the defensive players more than Sanchez? I like Rey Maualuga and I like Everette Brown. I also like Michael Johnson. I guess my ideal scenario would be to trade down in the first and take Rey and then trade up from the pick in the 2nd to late first round and take Michael Johnson. I know. I'm one of those crazy people that thinks it is possible to trade down. What am I thinking? Don't I know that it has never been done before...... oh... that's right.... it has been done before. would it be difficult??? probably. but it is possible. would our the players get less money? yes. would they have a better chance of getting to camp on time? definitely.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2009, 09:12 PM
eat a bag of shit

no wait

eat a bag of Mark Sanchez's shit

no wait

eat a bag of Mark Sanchez's shit and wash it down with some antifreeze

no wait

eat a bag of Mark Sanchez's shit and wash it down with some antifreeze as you jump and die in a fire.

At least it would be a QUALITY bag of shit that prior to death could impart more football knowledge to my brain in my last moments of consciousness than YOU could in 20 years, yes?

Quite so.

-King-
02-04-2009, 09:12 PM
For the ones that are against it, they just dont see someone worth the #3 pick. Stafford will likely be gone and Sanchez could have just been a one year wonder. He played in a USC offense that is great year in and year out. The only successful qbs from USC right now are either injured or used to be a backup in college. This is a weak year for qbs.

I'm on the fence on this. I'd really like a franchise qb but to me, Stafford is the only one worthy of our pick. He's been a longer starter and is more consistent. And seeing as how the last few USC draft picks have turned out for the worse, I'm weary on Sanchez. For some reason unknown to us, these players thrive at USC but then turn average once they get to the NFL. The best one is Reggie Bush and he's not even an every down back. The back ups have done better than the starters so far(Cassel and L. White)

I'll be totally for getting Sanchez if Pioli and the new HC thinks he's worthy of the pick, but if he isn't picked, I wont be mad at all.

Mizzou_8541
02-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Who is Steve Fuller?

Fritz88
02-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Shouldn't we invest in fixing our miserable D?

Let's look at why we lost games last year. When we finally turned things around in offense, it was our D that did not protect our lead. It was not able to get us the ball when we needed it. Tyler did a decent job and he should be given a chance to continue proving himself.

He runs, he takes hits and we have seen him improve substantially. His mistakes were those of rookie's mistakes. He will get over them and he has nothing but to improve.

Another reason why everyone in here is raving about getting a QB is that many of the guys in here were impressed by how Flacco and Ryan did this year and they want a similar case which is very unreasonable because Flacco had a good D (he is an average QB at best, another Trent Diffler) and Ryan who is actually a good QB (note that he is a senior when he entered the NFL) and no one in the current draft is nearly as good as him.

The one I like is Sanchez and his coach came against him and said that he is not read. No one knows him better than his coach and he said that Sanchez should stay.

Flame me.

OnTheWarpath15
02-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Part of it is people have no fucking clue how important having a franchise QB is, and part of it is that people don't understand positional value when it comes to the draft.

Marcellus
02-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Why is it so hard for some Chiefs fans to realize that not all Chiefs fans believe this years crop of 1st round QB choices is not that appealing to other Chiefs fans?

Just because I am not sold on drafting a QB at #3 this year because I don't believe either QB is worthy of that pick doesn't mean I am against a 1st round QB. I would have taken Brady Quinn 2 years ago in a heart beat even if we had to trade up.

Why do some Chiefs fans beleiev you have to take a QB at #3 no matter who it is? That's insane.

I will take whatever Pioli chooses and deal with it. I trust he knows better than this board and if he takes a QB at #3 I will say I was was wrong.

chiefzilla1501
02-04-2009, 09:27 PM
For the ones that are against it, they just dont see someone worth the #3 pick. Stafford will likely be gone and Sanchez could have just been a one year wonder. He played in a USC offense that is great year in and year out. The only successful qbs from USC right now are either injured or used to be a backup in college. This is a weak year for qbs.

I'm on the fence on this. I'd really like a franchise qb but to me, Stafford is the only one worthy of our pick. He's been a longer starter and is more consistent. And seeing as how the last few USC draft picks have turned out for the worse, I'm weary on Sanchez. For some reason unknown to us, these players thrive at USC but then turn average once they get to the NFL. The best one is Reggie Bush and he's not even an every down back. The back ups have done better than the starters so far(Cassel and L. White)

I'll be totally for getting Sanchez if Pioli and the new HC thinks he's worthy of the pick, but if he isn't picked, I wont be mad at all.

Bingo, bango. Few have actually said the Chiefs shouldn't draft a QB. The prevailing point is that if you spend a #3 pick on a QB, he better be graded as a top 5 QB. You don't walk into a pick with tunnelvision.

Marcellus
02-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Bingo, bango. Few have actually said the Chiefs shouldn't draft a QB. The prevailing point is that if you spend a #3 pick on a QB, he better be graded as a top 5 QB. You don't walk into a pick with tunnelvision.

This. The real question is why do some Chiefs fans believe that Stafford (who will be gone) or Sanchez are the franchise QB?

ChiefsCountry
02-04-2009, 09:32 PM
This reminds me so much of the 2007 Draft debate. WR or LT. It was a great year for WR's, but we had the people jumping up and down for Joe Freakin Staley. We told people then that LT had a bumper crop in 2008 and WR would be down. And behold look what happened in 2008 Draft. Ton of good LT's and not a single WR was took in the first. Now in 2009, we have a shot a legit franchise QB in Stafford or Sanchez. Defense players arent that highly regarded, but the 2010 draft is loaded across the board with defense playmakers and the QB's are of the spread variety. This isnt a one year lets get back to the playoffs rebuild, this for the next decade to be Super Bowl champs.

Adept Havelock
02-04-2009, 09:34 PM
:p
http://f.imagehost.org/0789/fail-2.jpg

kcxiv
02-04-2009, 09:35 PM
I dont care who they draft. Pick whoever they think will help this team win. I just hope whoever it is they draft they nail it.

Mr. Laz
02-04-2009, 09:43 PM
:p
http://f.imagehost.org/0789/fail-2.jpg

:moon:

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Part of it is people have no fucking clue how important having a franchise QB is, and part of it is that people don't understand positional value when it comes to the draft.

This reminds me so much of the 2007 Draft debate. WR or LT. It was a great year for WR's, but we had the people jumping up and down for Joe Freakin Staley. We told people then that LT had a bumper crop in 2008 and WR would be down. And behold look what happened in 2008 Draft. Ton of good LT's and not a single WR was took in the first. Now in 2009, we have a shot a legit franchise QB in Stafford or Sanchez. Defense players arent that highly regarded, but the 2010 draft is loaded across the board with defense playmakers and the QB's are of the spread variety. This isnt a one year lets get back to the playoffs rebuild, this for the next decade to be Super Bowl champs.

BEWARE THE DREADED MIRROR!!!:whackit:

PastorMikH
02-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Shouldn't we invest in fixing our miserable D?

We got rid of Gunther, that should help a lot.

Mr. Laz
Why is it so hard for some Chiefs fans to realize that not all Chiefs fans believe this years crop of 1st round QB choices is not that appealing to other Chiefs fans?

Just because I am not sold on drafting a QB at #3 this year because I don't believe either QB is worthy of that pick doesn't mean I am against a 1st round QB. I would have taken Brady Quinn 2 years ago in a heart beat even if we had to trade up.

Why do some Chiefs fans beleiev you have to take a QB at #3 no matter who it is? That's insane.

I will take whatever Pioli chooses and deal with it. I trust he knows better than this board and if he takes a QB at #3 I will say I was was wrong.
it's because they are so freakin sure that they are smarter than everyone else that their judgement of this year's QB crop is correct ..... everyone else must be an idiot.

they say it about every other post

"you're stupid"
"you're an idiot"
"nobody else is smart enough to know how important a QB is"
"i'm smart, everyone else is just 'scared' "
"you can't fix stupid.."

blah,blah,blah

i'm not necessarily against drafting a QB ... if pioli thinks he wants Stafford etc, i'm fine....

but i sure am sick of this group of arrogant muther fuggers running around dog piling on anyone that doesn't spout their "approved message"

approved this 4321

unothadeal
Pretty sure you can.

Sanka
02-04-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm willing to give Thiggy one more season, I'm holding out for McCoy. We should fix the O-line first, then put the franchise QB in place. What is 1 more year with out a franchise QB? Its not like we are going to make the playoffs next season.

Manila-Chief
02-04-2009, 09:59 PM
I'd be for it if there were a legit stud available. I'm not sold on Sanchez or Stafford as a top 3 pick. Now, if we were to trade down to the lower part of the top 10, pick up another first round or high second round pick and still get one of them, that might be a different story.

At first I agreed with your post, coz I'd like to have more picks (with Pioli drafting) and a stud QB. But, then I realized if a stud QB is sitting there at #3, then the team moving up will be doing it to take him and we don't get him. Also, if the QB falls down in the draft it will mean that most teams don't consider them a stud and he may not be. So, I'll revert back to my "I'll trust Pioli."

I think a better question would be "Why are so many Chiefs fans willing to argue incessantly over something they have absolutely no control over?".

I've said it before, I trust Pioli. I wouldn't pretend to tell him how to draft coz I don't know real talent from the over hyped. If he thinks a real QB is there we draft him, and I'll be pleased either way.

But, if there is a QBOTF, I think we should take him. As a side note: it's better to pay a QB the #3 pick money than another position. But, mainly because I feel a Peyton/Brady/Farve/Montana type of leader/QB would be the most important part of the puzzle of building a team. Yes, average QB's can lead a team (even to a SB), but great QB's makes it a whole lot easier. But, I think Pioli will know all of that.

OnTheWarpath15
02-04-2009, 10:01 PM
it's because they are so freakin sure that they are smarter than everyone else that their judgement of this year's QB crop is correct ..... everyone else must be an idiot.

they say it about every other post

"you're stupid"
"you're an idiot"
"nobody else is smart enough to know how important a QB is"
"i'm smart, everyone else is just 'scared' "
"you can't fix stupid.."

blah,blah,blah

i'm not necessarily against drafting a QB ... if pioli thinks he wants Stafford etc, i'm fine....

but i sure am sick of this group of arrogant muther fuggers running around dog piling on anyone that doesn't spout their "approved message"

approved this 4321

Laz- once again you've COMPLETELY missed the point.

This whole debate has NOTHING to do with judgment of potential.

The Golden Rule of the draft: You don't pass on a potential franchise QB if you don't currently have one.

1) We don't have one.

2) Stafford and Sanchez are both universally considered POTENTIAL franchise QB's.

If Pioli were to draft one and they fail, so be it. Then you do what every other team does in that situation:

You draft another the first chance you get.

Just like the Bengals did after Aliki Smith busted.

Just like the Ravens did after Kyle Boller busted.

Just like the Falcons did after Mike Vick GOT busted.

And so on, and so on, and so on...

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm willing to give Thiggy one more season, I'm holding out for McCoy. We should fix the O-line first, then put the franchise QB in place. What is 1 more year with out a franchise QB? Its not like we are going to make the playoffs next season.

Can't....breathe.....send.....help............

unothadeal
02-04-2009, 10:10 PM
2) Stafford and Sanchez are both universally considered POTENTIAL franchise QB's.

Potential | Po-Ten-Chel |
adjective [attrib.]

You currently suck. You might be good sometime in the future:
Darth Carl Satan has the potential to be an average poster

Manila-Chief
02-04-2009, 10:13 PM

I don't get this ... "let's wait until next year to draft a QB?" Just how do we draft a QB next year? Are you saying that Pioli and our new coach will be as bad as Carl/Herm and we will only win 2 games? You have to draft high in order to get a "franchise QB." I think we will win several games and will not have a chance at a QBOTF. So, if we get a chance and 1 of the top 2 is worth and sitting there for us, we should select him and build the O-line this year and next year.

But, from where I sit, I'd rather have either Stanford or Sanchez over McCoy. Not impressed with McCoy.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-04-2009, 10:22 PM
This. The real question is why do some Chiefs fans believe that Stafford (who will be gone) or Sanchez are the franchise QB?

I don't know. It could be the fact that people have said Stafford would be worthy of a #1 overall selection since he was 16 goddamned years old, and he's done nothing but live up to that hype. Sanchez was the #1 recruit in the entire country, like Stafford, was in school for four years, and when he played, he was dominant.

Sam Hall
02-04-2009, 10:26 PM
I think I may get some mileage out of this image

Sanka
02-04-2009, 10:30 PM
I don't get this ... "let's wait until next year to draft a QB?" Just how do we draft a QB next year? Are you saying that Pioli and our new coach will be as bad as Carl/Herm and we will only win 2 games? You have to draft high in order to get a "franchise QB." I think we will win several games and will not have a chance at a QBOTF. So, if we get a chance and 1 of the top 2 is worth and sitting there for us, we should select him and build the O-line this year and next year.

But, from where I sit, I'd rather have either Stanford or Sanchez over McCoy. Not impressed with McCoy.

Never did I say the Chiefs are going to be a 2 win team next season, but we should be drafting in the top 10-15 next season. And how the hell can't you be impressed with some one like McCoy? The guy only completed 77% of his passes. Plus he could end of being the 3rd rated QB next season, with Bradford and Teabow more then likely coming out next season. Plus McCoy isn't throwing to 4 and 5 star recruits like Sanchez does at USC.

RealSNR
02-04-2009, 10:30 PM
This reminds me so much of the 2007 Draft debate. WR or LT. It was a great year for WR's, but we had the people jumping up and down for Joe Freakin Staley. We told people then that LT had a bumper crop in 2008 and WR would be down. And behold look what happened in 2008 Draft. Ton of good LT's and not a single WR was took in the first. Now in 2009, we have a shot a legit franchise QB in Stafford or Sanchez. Defense players arent that highly regarded, but the 2010 draft is loaded across the board with defense playmakers and the QB's are of the spread variety. This isnt a one year lets get back to the playoffs rebuild, this for the next decade to be Super Bowl champs.Have you seen Stafford or Sanchez even play?

Joe Staley they ain't.

DeezNutz
02-04-2009, 10:32 PM
adjective [attrib.]

:spock:

Come on, now. Let's be intellectually honest. This isn't DC.

DeezNutz
02-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Never did I say the Chiefs are going to be a 2 win team next season, but we should be drafting in the top 10-15 next season. And how the hell can't you be impressed with some one like McCoy? The guy only completed 77% of his passes. Plus he could end of being the 3rd rated QB next season, with Bradford and Teabow more then likely coming out next season. Plus McCoy isn't throwing to 4 and 5 star recruits like Sanchez does at USC.

I've been hoping the Chiefs would get Teabagged for a long time now.

Perhaps others have seen me wax Lombardi about the 10 OL formations?

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2009, 10:34 PM

Uh, McCoy plays in the spread.

Sanchez and Stafford play in Pro-Style offenses.

McCoy will have a HUGE learning curve and will need to learn how to effectively play under center.

Furthermore, please explain how Texas, year in and year out, is in the top 5 of recruiting, but their receivers aren't as good as those at Georgia & USC.

That doesn't make any sense.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Have you seen Stafford or Sanchez even play?

Joe Staley they ain't.

I think you missed his point.

Never pass on a potential franchise QB.

DeezNutz
02-04-2009, 10:38 PM
McCoy is 165 lbs. Dripping wet.

ChiefsCountry
02-04-2009, 10:39 PM

Why do I believe Stafford and Sanchez are franchise guys. I will tell you why. I was not on the Stafford bandwagon at all to start the year. His sophomore year did not impress me at all. I wanted Bradford instead. It was after the 3rd game of the season against South Carolina, I made a vow to watch him and see if my opinion would change. It did. I watched every single stinking Georgia Bulldog game from then on out. He was impressive. He has the arm, the size, the leadership skills. Georgia was also very young up front and at receiver. Stafford led that team. It was his team. Yes Florida and Alabama beat them bad, but it was that Bama game where I really liked him. They were done and out and led a respectful comeback against the Tide. Stafford just reminds me of how Elway used to play.

Now to Sanchez, most of us thought he wouldnt come out but he was the one everybody had pegged for the top guy in 2010. I watched a ton of USC games mainly to look at their defense guys which is where that team was stacked not offense. I saw a guy who was the leader of that team. USC's line wasnt very good. He got nailed in the grill alot, but his biggest plays were when he was flushed from the pocket and made a strike. He has the arm, the swagger, the smarts you want from a franchise QB. Troy Aikman is who he reminds me of.

boogblaster
If one is there take him ... if not DE-OL-LB-etc all need help ...

Sweet Daddy Hate
adjective [attrib.]

He also has the potential to put his foot your ass, whelp!

Rain Man
02-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Are there seriously people who say that we shouldn't draft a quarterback, aside from some people who might like Thigpen?

I think some folks have created a myth that others don't want a quarterback just because they didn't want to tank games this season. I doubt that there are many people at all who don't see the value of a quarterback.

Sanka
02-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Uh, McCoy plays in the spread.

Sanchez and Stafford play in Pro-Style offenses.

McCoy will have a HUGE learning curve and will need to learn how to effectively play under center.

Furthermore, please explain how Texas, year in and year out, is in the top 5 of recruiting, but their receivers aren't as good as those at Georgia & USC.

That doesn't make any sense.

I'm and idiot leave me alone. But I'd still rather have McCoy over Sanchez or Stafford.

1. McCoy
2. Stafford
3. Sanchez

DeezNutz
02-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Are there seriously people who say that we shouldn't draft a quarterback, aside from some people who might like Thigpen?

I think some folks have created a myth that others don't want a quarterback just because they didn't want to tank games this season. I doubt that there are many people at all who don't see the value of a quarterback.

They're called "No QB in round 1 unless he's a 'lock'" folks. But they're all for a QB in rounds 4-7.

Good luck finding that "lock."

ChiefsCountry
02-04-2009, 10:44 PM

Never pass on a potential franchise QB.

That really wasnt my point. My point is to take the talent where its the highest value ie WR in 07, LT in 08, QB in 09, Defense in 10.

Sanka
02-04-2009, 10:51 PM
McCoy is 165 lbs. Dripping wet.

McCoy is listed at 6'3 215!

DeezNutz
02-04-2009, 10:54 PM

Ok. So I am guilty of hyperbole.

Croyle 2.0.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2009, 10:55 PM
That really wasnt my point. My point is to take the talent where its the highest value ie WR in 07, LT in 08, QB in 09, Defense in 10.

Oops:redface:

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm and idiot leave me alone. But I'd still rather have McCoy over Sanchez or Stafford.

1. McCoy
2. Stafford
3. Sanchez

Help....I've....fallen.....and.....can't..............................................uh............ ..............

Cormac
02-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Without reading all the posts, and in no particular order:

1) disbelief that this organisation can actually draft the right one
2) we have many holes to fill
3) we have an impatient fan-base that is at its wit's end, and most QBs take a year (or two or three) to develop. Many couldn't handle that.
4) Matt Ryan was in last year's draft
5) Todd Blackledge
6) We had THE WORST PASS RUSH IN NFL HISTORY in 2008. Don't we need a DE?
7) Is any of the QBs in this year's draft actually worthy of the 3rd overall pick?
8) Many early 1st round QBs are colossal busts (Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, Alex Smith, David Klingler, Andre Ware, our very own Todd Blackledge etc.). Are we not safer picking a DE or other position of need?
9) Picking the wrong QB can really set the franchise back, more than a bad pick at other positions
10) Todd Blackledge
11) See #1

Personally I'm just looking forward to seeing who we pick, and what position. We have a new GM with a track record of success. I'm not going to second guess him until he proves he deserves it. Be it Sanchez, Stafford, Orakpo, whoever, let's hope we're beginning to return to being competitive.

Rain Man
02-04-2009, 10:58 PM

Maybe he was dripping in gravy.

RealSNR
02-04-2009, 10:58 PM

Never pass on a potential franchise QB.What I got from his post was that Sanchez and Stafford weren't potential franchise QB material.

OnTheWarpath15
02-04-2009, 10:59 PM

3) we have an impatient fan-base that is at its wit's end, and most QBs take a year (or two or three) to develop. Many couldn't handle that.
5) Todd Blackledge
7) Is any of the QBs in this year's draft actually worthy of the 3rd overall pick?
8) Many early 1st round QBs are colossal busts (Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, Alex Smith, David Klingler, Andre Ware, our very own Todd Blackledge etc.). Are we not safer picking a DE or other position of need?
9) Picking the wrong QB can really set the franchise back, more than a bad pick at other positions
10) Todd Blackledge
11) See #1

Personally I'm just looking forward to seeing who we pick, and what position. We have a new GM with a track record of success. I'm not going to second guess him until he proves he deserves it. Be it Sanchez, Stafford, Orakpo, whoever, let's hope we're beginning to return to being competitive.

Holy Jesus.

That reads like a True Fan Manifesto.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2009, 11:00 PM
What I got from his post was that Sanchez and Stafford weren't potential franchise QB material.

But then you read this, right?

Why do I believe Stafford and Sanchez are franchise guys. I will tell you why. I was not on the Stafford bandwagon at all to start the year. His sophomore year did not impress me at all. I wanted Bradford instead. It was after the 3rd game of the season against South Carolina, I made a vow to watch him and see if my opinion would change. It did. I watched every single stinking Georgia Bulldog game from then on out. He was impressive. He has the arm, the size, the leadership skills. Georgia was also very young up front and at receiver. Stafford led that team. It was his team. Yes Florida and Alabama beat them bad, but it was that Bama game where I really liked him. They were done and out and led a respectful comeback against the Tide. Stafford just reminds me of how Elway used to play.

Now to Sanchez, most of us thought he wouldnt come out but he was the one everybody had pegged for the top guy in 2010. I watched a ton of USC games mainly to look at their defense guys which is where that team was stacked not offense. I saw a guy who was the leader of that team. USC's line wasnt very good. He got nailed in the grill alot, but his biggest plays were when he was flushed from the pocket and made a strike. He has the arm, the swagger, the smarts you want from a franchise QB. Troy Aikman is who he reminds me of.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Holy Jesus.

Is that a picture of Nick Athan in your avy?

I've never had the pleasure of his visage.

OnTheWarpath15
02-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Is that a picture of Nick "Assclown" Athan in your avy?

I've never had the pleasure of his visage.

Why yes.

Yes it is.

Here's a better picture:

http://i44.tinypic.com/a59q50.jpg

chiefzilla1501
02-04-2009, 11:02 PM
They're called "No QB in round 1 unless he's a 'lock'" folks. But they're all for a QB in rounds 4-7.

Good luck finding that "lock."

That's a mis-statement.

Most people claim that they would have no problem taking Sanchez or Stafford if they are there at #3 and they are given a top 5 grade.

If Pioli gives him only a barely top 10 grade, then taking him at #3 is an enormous reach.

Few have said that a player must be a lock at QB to be a top 3 pick.

DeezNutz
02-04-2009, 11:03 PM

5) Todd Blackledge
10) Todd Blackledge
11) See #1

1. Then we should give up now. Move the team.
2. True. So let's fill the most important one.
3. **** them. I don't care.
4. And few wanted Ryan. This point defies logic.
5. 1983. Get over it. We can't take Peyton Manning111 We drafted J. George111
6. Let's magically create one worthy of the #3 pick.
7. Yes. Two, even.
8. There are busts at all positions. Get over it. Fixate on women's busts.
9. Huge money with all top-3 picks. Moot.
10. See 5.
11. See 1.

OnTheWarpath15
02-04-2009, 11:04 PM
3. Fuck them. I don't care.
4. And few wanted Ryan. This point is defies logic.
7. Yes. Two, even.
10. See 5.
11. See 1.

This.

DeezNutz
02-04-2009, 11:04 PM
That's a mis-statement.

Most people claim that they would have no problem taking Sanchez or Stafford if they are there at #3 and they are given a top 5 grade.

If Pioli gives him only a barely top 10 grade, then taking him at #3 is an enormous reach.

Few have said that a player must be a lock at QB to be a top 3 pick.

You stand by your statement. I'll stand by mine.

This conversation is rehashed daily, so we'll wait for the next, "Unless he's a sure thing" moment. It's coming. Don't worry. And it's not few.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Holy Jesus.

Let's just chip in and buy them their own franchise, so they'll stay the fuck away from the Chiefs.

The "Ottowa Window Lickers"; has a nice ring, yes?

RealSNR
02-04-2009, 11:05 PM
But then you read this, right?Did not read that

OnTheWarpath15
02-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Let's just chip in and buy them their own franchise, so they'll stay the fuck away from the Chiefs.

The "Ottowa Window Lickers"; has a nice ring, yes?

How about the Calgary Chickenshits?

Maybe they can get Casey Printers and Tyler Thigpen to battle it out for the starting job.

Manila-Chief
02-04-2009, 11:07 PM

How can I not be impressed?

1. How many "spread QB's" make it in the NFL?

2. I'm not a Big 12 homer.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2009, 11:09 PM

Maybe they can get Casey Printers and Tyler Thigpen to battle it out for the starting job.

ROFL

I was going for Ottowa Kansas, but that'll work too!

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2009, 11:10 PM
Why yes.

Yes it is.

Here's a better picture:

Yikes.

Thanks for sharing.

I think.

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2009, 11:11 PM
You stand by your statement. I'll stand by mine.

This conversation is rehashed daily, so we'll wait for the next, "Unless he's a sure thing" moment. It's coming. Don't worry. And it's not few.

The only "Sure Thing" I've ever known was 16.

And they was right!

DeezNutz
02-04-2009, 11:11 PM

Mascot

http://www.funk-that.com/assets/chickenshit.jpg

DeezNutz
02-04-2009, 11:13 PM
The only "Sure Thing" I've ever known was 16.

And they was right!

I think she had sisters who followed me around college.

Great family.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Mascot

http://www.funk-that.com/assets/chickenshit.jpg

ROFL

CanadaKC
02-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Dane...we get it already...but it's still NOT going to happen

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Dane...we get it already...but it's still NOT going to happen

Wanna bet?

All your casino cash for mine?

If either Sanchez or Stafford is sitting there at #3 and the Chiefs pass, you get all my dough.

If they choose either, your dough is mine.

Deal?

KC kid
02-05-2009, 12:00 AM
what if we simply like the defensive players more than Sanchez? I like Rey Maualuga and I like Everette Brown. I also like Michael Johnson. I guess my ideal scenario would be to trade down in the first and take Rey and then trade up from the pick in the 2nd to late first round and take Michael Johnson. I know. I'm one of those crazy people that thinks it is possible to trade down. What am I thinking? Don't I know that it has never been done before...... oh... that's right.... it has been done before. would it be difficult??? probably. but it is possible. would our the players get less money? yes. would they have a better chance of getting to camp on time? definitely.

Chiefs history of trading down involves us getting Siavii and LJ (missing out on polamolululu)

KC kid
02-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Robert Gallery was a sure thing

Saccopoo
02-05-2009, 12:20 AM

Printers in a heartbeat. He got jobbed by Herm. I mean, really. Let's drop Printers because he was the only fuggin' QB on the Chiefs roster who did anything in pre-season, and let's pick up a DII guy that Minnesota just cut! MINNESOTA!!!11!@11!!eleven!!1 The one team in the league with a worse QB situation, and we pick up the guy they CUT and he's our starting quarterback?!

Herm and Carl and whoever else was in on that should have been fired on the spot.

Okay, okay...*breathes deep*...retributions did come about. All is good and well in the universe.

Post script: Steve Fuller was a Chiefs qb. He was my neighbor when I was a kid actually. Ruined my childhood, so yeah, they better not be drafting no stinkin' qb.

ChiefRon
02-05-2009, 01:03 AM
3. **** them. I don't care.
4. And few wanted Ryan. This point defies logic.
7. Yes. Two, even.
10. See 5.
11. See 1.

I love this post. Thank you, now I don't have to reply to another freaking argument against taking a QB.

Crush
02-05-2009, 01:09 AM
Printers in a heartbeat. He got jobbed by Herm. I mean, really. Let's drop Printers because he was the only fuggin' QB on the Chiefs roster who did anything in pre-season, and let's pick up a DII guy that Minnesota just cut! MINNESOTA!!!11!@11!!eleven!!1 The one team in the league with a worse QB situation, and we pick up the guy they CUT and he's our starting quarterback?!

Herm and Carl and whoever else was in on that should have been fired on the spot.

Okay, okay...*breathes deep*...retributions did come about. All is good and well in the universe.

Post script: Steve Fuller was a Chiefs qb. He was my neighbor when I was a kid actually. Ruined my childhood, so yeah, they better not be drafting no stinkin' qb.

:banghead:

CoMoChief
02-05-2009, 01:58 AM
The QB class is an execptionally weak one this season.

Hell the whole top 10 is really weak this season. there's not that one superstar that really stands out over the others.

I say we trade down. We got more holes to fill, this isn't the year we take a QB, at least it shouldnt be.

CoMoChief
02-05-2009, 02:00 AM
Grab a vet in FA, play it out with Thigpen, give him a training camp and all the reps to see what he really has, i think hes at least earned that considering what he had to work with last season.

THen if he doesn't pan out, put in the FA vet, look for QB next season. (Bradford)

Mecca
02-05-2009, 02:30 AM
Como is here to hit us with his wisdom..

Why am I not surprised to see the pimping of 2 big 12 spread monkeys?

I think the fan base is 50/50 on the QB position, just to many people desire to be the 90s team again.

Some will never want one they are the ones who last year ripped on Ryan and this year are taking the exact same argument and doing nothing more than replacing his name with the new prospects.

Then others just frankly don't understand because a guy plays in the Big 12 and you see all his games and he has a high completion percentage does not make him an awesome prospect when he's a spread monkey.

Alot guys into breaking this down, some people just don't realize it or really want to take that into account.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
02-05-2009, 06:46 AM
We dont need a QB, we have Tyler "CFL" Thigpen.

Please - send him up here where he will be appreciated!!!

MahiMike
02-05-2009, 07:21 AM
Why are so many FOR it?

Honestly, I don't care. Matter of fact, for the fan base, they probably should do it. Just to show how difficult it is to draft a franchise QB. I've always been against drafting one high just because it's such a crap shoot. That, and the fact that Chiefs fans are just way too impatient to let one develop. Look at Thigpen. He truly shows promise and yet you guys want to discard him just because there's a new puppy to pick from.

I'm of the mindset that the QB is the LAST piece of the puzzle, not the 1st. Build a good foundation and once you're there, then get you the best FA QB you can find.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 09:08 AM

I think the fan base is 50/50 on the QB position, just to many people desire to be the 90s team again.

Some will never want one they are the ones who last year ripped on Ryan and this year are taking the exact same argument and doing nothing more than replacing his name with the new prospects.

Then others just frankly don't understand because a guy plays in the Big 12 and you see all his games and he has a high completion percentage does not make him an awesome prospect when he's a spread monkey.

Alot guys into breaking this down, some people just don't realize it or really want to take that into account.

Yes Mecca, let us wait until next year so that we can have MULTIPLE scrubs to choose from!

There's just...just....there's NO image, video, poem, saying, or movie clip that can in any way accurately reflect the dumbassery of these people.

It's a whole new level. It's the Aurora spy plane of dumbassery. It's the warping of the space-time continuum of dumbassery. It's the larger than teleportation or time-travel........of dumbassery.

Fire.

Jump.

Die.

Repeat.

Fire.

Jump.

Die.

Repeat.

Fire.

Jump.

Die.

Repeat.

:cuss:

Coogs
02-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Matter of fact, for the fan base, they probably should do it. Just to show how difficult it is to draft a franchise QB.

Your probably right. We shouldn't draft a QB because he might not pan out. Instead we should stay with drafting DT's early and often.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Your probably right. We shouldn't draft a QB because he might not pan out. Instead we should stay with drafting DT's early and often.

http://www.mccsc.edu/%7Ejcmslib/mlk/jackson/jackson.jpg
KEEP SUCK ALIVE!

:banghead:

HC_Chief
02-05-2009, 09:29 AM
The QB class is an execptionally weak one this season.

He passes it to the man, and boom goes the dynamite.

Chief Chief
02-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Why I'm AGAINST it:

Brody Croyle will be an excellent QB if he's behind a quality O-line that will protect him (which means, of course, that his probability of getting injured will severely decrease). In the NE game last season, he was getting bumped around and knocked down quite a bit before suffering his shoulder injury. And his most recent injury was from being "sandwiched" by 2 very large defenders. Most QBs around the league would also have received similar injuries from the hits Brody's taken. Building up the O-line will provide him time to throw passes within all ranges, from short to long. And he does have the accuracy and arm to get the ball into the hands of his receivers way down the field.

Tyler Thigpen has shown that he's got the talent and skills to read defenses, make decisions, lead the team, make quality throws, and move the ball.

In short, both of the young QBs we currently have are serviceable at least and haven't themselves done anything so terrible to warrant being replaced or removed from the team.

Improving the O-line will also greatly enhance our running game. Priest and LJ had great running years when they ran behind Will Shields, Brian Waters, and Willie Roaf.

What has LJ accomplished since Shields and Roaf retired? Not much at all, unless you include his off-the-field ability to spit drinks.

I'd also have to say that improvement of our D-line will equally greatly enhance the overall quality of our defense.

So I would encourage Scott Pioli to trade down if possible to get an extra pick or two. But I believe the Chiefs need to pick up linemen and linebackers, with a secondary (well, OK then: pun intended) emphasis on cornerbacks and safeties. Another RB wouldn't hurt either.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Why I'm AGAINST it:

Brody Croyle

NO.

Coogs
02-05-2009, 10:32 AM
Tyler Thigpen has shown that he's got the talent and skills to read defenses, make decisions, lead the team, make quality throws, and move the ball.

Some of these would have to be up for debate. Especially the quality throws. He badly overthrew some wide open receivers at times, and was way off target on some short to mid-range balls in several of the games in December. Probably the best thing about Thigpen was his ability to scramble and pick up yardage, but I'm not completely sold on that talent as being the one to biuld your offense around.

Crush
02-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Tyler Thigpen has shown that he doesn't have the necessities to be a competent QB by never lining up under center, having poor foot work, and always throwing to Gonzalez in despite of the quadruple coverage.

FYP

CoMoChief
02-05-2009, 11:13 AM

Im not pimping the Big12 for shit. I just think Bradford is the best out of the QB's that came out this season. And Bradford can line up under center

rad
02-05-2009, 11:16 AM
This is going to get used A LOT in the next couple months.....

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 11:19 AM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=115&f=1837&t=3895063&sto=MS_48731868

Look at this conversation. It amazes me that people are that stupid.

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Why I'm AGAINST it:

Brody Croyle will be an excellent QB if he's behind a quality O-line that will protect him (which means, of course, that his probability of getting injured will severely decrease). In the NE game last season, he was getting bumped around and knocked down quite a bit before suffering his shoulder injury. And his most recent injury was from being "sandwiched" by 2 very large defenders. Most QBs around the league would also have received similar injuries from the hits Brody's taken. Building up the O-line will provide him time to throw passes within all ranges, from short to long. And he does have the accuracy and arm to get the ball into the hands of his receivers way down the field.

I honestly didn't expect to see a serious Brodie Croyle argument on this forum ever again.

We can't put him in a bubble. The Secret Service cannot be hired to protect him.

It's over. The guy cannot stay healthy. Eventually, even behind 5 HOF linemen, QB's get hit. And Croyle will get hurt, again. And again. And again.

I'm sorry, but not all QB's get knocked out by the hit he took in NE. Croyle is listed at 206, which means he *might, MIGHT* be 200. I'd like see him take the same exact hit with 25 lbs. of additional muscle mass.

My guess, no serious injury.

Let's move on, folks. We're all entitled to our opinions, but...come on...

Let's stick to more meaningful discussions about Croyle. Like Mrs. Croyle and her hotness, for example.

rad
02-05-2009, 11:22 AM

Is it the more of the same? I can't see what it is....I got banned some time ago.

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Is it the more of the same? I can't see what it is....I got banned some time ago.

I'll get some classic posts....hold on.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 11:25 AM

STRONG, the dipshit is at WPI.

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 11:27 AM
OK......#3 pick in the draft to hold a clip board when we have EMPTY positions at LB???? I don't get why we would do that.....this team is going to pick high again next year when their is a better QB class with the bargin rate of the rookie cap in place. I just don't get why everyone wants a QB in a weak QB class like this one.....Pioli finds the diamonds in the ruff (Brady and Castle), so why put all our marbles in one bag?

I see....so we take a second round projected player at the 3rd overall pick for an 80 million + dollar contract to....hold a clipboard for a year or two before we even find out if we made a HUGE mistake or not, while ignoring serious needs on a defense that came in next to dead last??? Ah yes...the reasons that we haven't seen a SuperBowl since SuperBowl 4 are becoming clearer and clearer now....

Maybe he has the arm, and skills, but no where near the enough on the field experience. Not only that, who hasnt looked coming out of USC? He is too raw, and would be sitting for his first 2 seasons or so. Mark Sanchez is just a product of the best team in the coutry, and an overhyped one at that. I

Sanchez will graduate before he could start his next college season anyway. He is not actually coming out early. USC red shirted him that's why he has a year left. In that clip he seems to have all the throws, and works well under blitz pressure. With a good pro QB coach this guy will be great. I just don't think the Chiefs are ready for a rookie starter QB this year. If they take him I will be excited, he has great potential. I just hope they give him a better shot than they did Brodie. Brodie could have been a great QB with the Patriots, just not here. He would have a better shot if he could get drafted further down, and not get rushed onto the field. He maybe pro ready, but the rest of our squad isn't ready for what it will take for him to be successful.

Now if we could trade into a top 10 pick with our #3, and maybe a second, then package that second with what ever we can get for all the guys we are getting rid of this year LJ included, and trade back in to the bottom of the first round, and if Sanchez is still there, then you grab him, and take a RT earlier. I doubt Sanchez falls below Detroit's pick in the second round. But I don't see an overwhelming need at QB that would cause him to get drafted earlier than say the Buc's.

One of the reasons the Detroit Lions have been so bad is because they have failed to develop a good offensive line. Instead they tend to address the glamor positions like the wide out and qb position with their first round draft picks. Case in point, Joey Harrington. Although Joey Harrington was probably over hyped coming out of college, the lack of an offensive line definitely played a role in why he failed to develop like they had hoped.

A young qb tends to lose his confidence if he gets lit up over and over again. Another example would be David Carr who got the snot knocked out of him at a record breaking pace while he was with the Texans. Since his time with the Texans he's spent time with the Panthers and the Giants. Not quite a journey man quarterback but if he continues to bounce around the league then he'll be classified as one just like Joey Harrington.

This is precisely why investing a high round round draft pick in a qb is not only a bad investment but is downright lunacy if the offensive line hasn't been addressed. Then the young qb will have time to survey the field and not develop bad habits like happy feet and throwing nothing but dump off passes because they have zero confidence in their offensive line.

In summary, drafting potential studs at wide out and or qb makes absolutely no sense if you don't address the o line first. Championship teams are built in the trenches first. With Pioli in charge, I'm fairly confident that the Chiefs will not make the same kind of mistakes that the Detroit Lions made when Matt Milen was in charge.
Much as it pains me to say it the Chiefs don't have a great history as a winning franchise like the Steelers or the Cowboys. Sure, we played in Superbowl 1, but we did not win it. Also, we have not won a play off game since Joe Montana was our quarterback.

God.....fucking retarded.

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 11:31 AM
A better QB class? Really? Yeah because all 3 of top QBs next year.....play in a spread offense. Great!!!!!! Sanchez and Stafford come from pro-style offenses.

This argument is getting quite annoying. TOM BRADY IS AN ANOMALY! They drafted Brady in the 6th round because they had Bledsoe. They drafted Cassell (not Castle) in the 7th because they had Brady. Pioli isn't the God that can pick a QB in the later rounds that everyone makes him out to be.

And you have no positive proof that a rookie QB will be in place next year so that argument is out the window as well.

Yeah let's grab Curry and pay him $50 million dollars. That's smart...especially when we can grab a LB in the 2nd and 3rd rounds....or pick one up off of FA.

Some of you people are amazing.

EDIT: Meant rookie cap not rookie QB.

What are you saying?? You would rather pay Sanchez 80million?? A kid that has less college experience than any other QB coming out in the draft. The fact that people like you, think this highly of Sanchez make me sick. While I agree we could use the competition at QB, Sanchez is an absolute waste of a pick at #3. We would have to SIT behind Thigpen for a year or so he is so raw. There are better options for us at QB that dont require us spending our first draft pick. Thats just stupid. Sanchez just wants $$$. Thats the only reason he even came out this year, and because he knows we would not be rated this high coming out next year with Bradford and McCoy. Next year there will be Bradford, McCoy, Case Keenum, Zac Robinson, Jevan Sneed. ALLL of those guys look better than Sanchez. We have more building this year before we think about dropping big bucks on an unproven QB.

The dipshit is strong with this one.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 11:31 AM
God.....fucking retarded.

Yep, the Corky Contingent just keeps plugging away!

Crush
02-05-2009, 11:32 AM

ROFL

Some of those guys should get into comedy.

rad
02-05-2009, 11:33 AM
God.....****ing retarded.

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 11:34 AM
He lists all Big 12 QB's and one former Big 12 QB. lol.

Case Keenum111

rad
02-05-2009, 11:36 AM
The dipshit is strong with this one.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but........I kinda wish I could post there , just to have fun with them, you know?

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Dude...this guy is fucking retarded. He's beyond fixing.

To him....Thigpen is God!

kcbubb
02-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbubb View Post

Chiefs history of trading down involves us getting Siavii and LJ (missing out on polamolululu)

Pioli's history is a little better. He traded down last year from pick 7 to 10. (I know that trading down from #3 is harder.) They traded with the Saints who took Sedrick Ellis and picked the defensive rookie of the year MLB Jerrod Mayo.

Pioli has a good history of trading down with the Pats. I just hope he can pull it off. I think trading down to pick Rey Maualuga could be great. I think he could play in either the 4-3 or 3-4. I also think Michael Johnson could play in either the 3-4 or 4-3. I'm afraid Michael Johnson will blow up the combine and move up the board too high where we could not get him by trading up into the late first with 2nd round pick.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Dude...this guy is fucking retarded. He's beyond fixing.

To him....Thigpen is God!

ALL HAIL SPIT BUBBLE,
SUPERHERO OF THE TRUE FAN!

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb221/rmcgrew88/super-retard.jpg

rad
02-05-2009, 11:57 AM
What's with the KISS avy?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 12:01 PM
What's with the KISS avy?

Haley/Frehley/Stram etc.

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Wow....it's impossible to talk with those people. I'm done arguing. They would all just rather grab Curry with the #3 spot because he'll instantly make us competitive next year.

Playing for 8-8 is the way to go!

rad
02-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Haley/Frehley/Stram etc.

Oh, OK. Because I was jump in and get a Peter Criss avy to see if a trend could get started. I need a new one anyway, I'm sick of looking at Herm.

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 12:07 PM
I'd love to see Dane, OTW58 and Mecca head over there. I think it'd be pretty funny.

rad
02-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Wow....it's impossible to talk with those people. I'm done arguing. They would all just rather grab Curry with the #3 spot because he'll instantly make us competitive next year.

Playing for 8-8 is the way to go!

Thanks anyway.

Uhh.....you better go take a shower....you smell like WPI.

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Thanks anyway.

Uhh.....you better go take a shower....you smell like WPI.

Someone has picked up where I have left off.

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2009, 12:53 PM
I'd love to see Dane, OTW58 and Mecca head over there. I think it'd be pretty funny.

Not happening.

I posted on the Coalition for a brief time, before wanting to stab myself in the face.

The posters over at WPI make the guys at the Coalition look like goddamn Rhodes Scholars.

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Not happening.

I posted on the Coalition for a brief time, before wanting to stab myself in the face.

The posters over at WPI make the guys at the Coalition look like goddamn Rhodes Scholars.

I knew you guys wouldn't....I just think it'd be funny to listen to Dane telling them how retarded they are. And then maybe Hamas could jump in with a "Kill Yourself".

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2009, 01:03 PM
I knew you guys wouldn't....I just think it'd be funny to listen to Dane telling them how retarded they are. And then maybe Hamas could jump in with a "Kill Yourself".

If I went over there and said we should bring back Casey Printers to backup Tyler Thigpen, those fuckers would treat me like a goddamn hero.

This fanbase loves them some shitty QB's.

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Here's a take from one of WPI's dim-witted members:

LOL! This is the side effect that we were trying to explain to people that is the direct result of the weak QB class that is going this year. You have people like Sanchez and Freeman that normally wouldn't go until the 2nd or 3rd round going in the 1st round. This is pitiful.

The best part of this clown got wiped up by the sex towel...

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Here's a take from one of WPI's dim-witted members:

The best part of this clown got wiped up by the sex towel...

LMAO

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Even more WPI humor.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=115&f=1837&t=3870621&p=1&vp=36729&vr=0

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Even more WPI humor.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=115&f=1837&t=3870621&p=1&vp=36729&vr=0

That must have come from the Ass Hat sector of the board.

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 02:33 PM
That must have come from the Ass Hat sector of the board.

Yeah...I figured it stopped at Sanchez but apparently Stafford is a bust as well.

ChiefRon
02-05-2009, 02:36 PM
My gosh, I already thought there were too many posters on this board that don't want a QB...

Where does this logic come from?

"We have no o-line so we can't take a QB"

That is the most bass-akward ways of thinking...

Does nobody know the golden rule of the draft?

"You do not pass on a potential franchise QB if you don't already have one."

Period. The End. There should be no discussion.

Frosty
02-05-2009, 02:41 PM
One of the reasons the Detroit Lions have been so bad is because they have failed to develop a good offensive line. Instead they tend to address the glamor positions like the wide out and qb position with their first round draft picks. Case in point, Joey Harrington. Although Joey Harrington was probably over hyped coming out of college, the lack of an offensive line definitely played a role in why he failed to develop like they had hoped.

This is almost exactly what Solomon Wilcots said on NFLN last night. Hopefully Detroit feels the same and the Chiefs will have their pick of Stafford and Sanchez.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 02:50 PM
My gosh, I already thought there were too many posters on this board that don't want a QB...

Where does this logic come from?

"We have no o-line so we can't take a QB"

That is the most bass-akward ways of thinking...

Does nobody know the golden rule of the draft?

"You do not pass on a potential franchise QB if you don't already have one."

Period. The End. There should be no discussion.

Yes! This! Exactly! REP!

-King-
02-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Everyone on this board clamors for experience yet you are ready to take a qb with one year of college experience and draft him 3rd. Why? For as long as Pete Carrol is the coach at USC, there will be good qbs. The guy coming after Mark will be a good qb there. No question. So its not like Mark is doing something unexpected. He was put on a good team with a good offensive style. That shouldn't warrant him the 3rd pick.

Look at the last USC offensive players drafted. Reggie Bush isnt an every down back. Matt Leinart cant start despite the 2nd best WR tandem in the NFL. Dwayne Jarrett was on the practice squad most of the year. Steve Smith is like the 4th or 5th WR up in New York. Hell, like I said before, the best players out of USC are back ups. This is a school that has been producing rather average players. If Mark played more than one season maybe I'd feel different. But he had ONE good year in a legend college. He's not a top 5 qb.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Everyone on this board clamors for experience yet you are ready to take a qb with one year of college experience and draft him 3rd. Why? For as long as Pete Carrol is the coach at USC, there will be good qbs. The guy coming after Mark will be a good qb there. No question. So its not like Mark is doing something unexpected. He was put on a good team with a good offensive style. That shouldn't warrant him the 3rd pick.

Look at the last USC offensive players drafted. Reggie Bush isnt an every down back. Matt Leinart cant start despite the 2nd best WR tandem in the NFL. Dwayne Jarrett was on the practice squad most of the year. Steve Smith is like the 4th or 5th WR up in New York. Hell, like I said before, the best players out of USC are back ups. This is a school that has been producing rather average players. If Mark played more than one season maybe I'd feel different. But he had ONE good year in a legend college. He's not a top 5 qb.

:shake:

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 03:09 PM
:shake:

It's gone from "skipping record" to "nails on chalkboard" now, yes? :rolleyes::doh!:

Frosty
02-05-2009, 03:15 PM

So Sanchez only looked good because he was on a good team in a good system, yet none of those players are really any good?

:doh!:

-King-
02-05-2009, 03:21 PM
What other players? Obviously Sanchez is good, but is he top 3 good? NO! He had one good year. No one knows if he's a fluke or if he's consistent. Do you really want to risk it with the #3 pick? ONE year of experience.

Brock
02-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Do you really have any doubt that Sanchez would tear it up next year at USC? Come on, he's proven all he needs to at that level. The only thing that could have happened to him by staying is losing draft position just like Leinart did.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 03:25 PM
What other players? Obviously Sanchez is good, but is he top 3 good? NO! He had one good year. No one knows if he's a fluke or if he's consistent. Do you really want to risk it with the #3 pick? ONE year of experience.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/OHNOESBINKS.gif

Coogs
02-05-2009, 03:26 PM

Yes. It is worth the roll of the dice once every 25 years to take a QB in the first round. It can't set us back any further than we already are now. Hopefull the new defensive coaching staff can turn some of these recent high draft picks into players. And even f they can not, we can address the defense much further in the draft next year than we could this year at least early on.

Agent V
02-05-2009, 03:26 PM

A young qb tends to lose his confidence if he gets lit up over and over again. Another example would be David Carr who got the snot knocked out of him at a record breaking pace while he was with the Texans. Since his time with the Texans he's spent time with the Panthers and the Giants. Not quite a journey man quarterback but if he continues to bounce around the league then he'll be classified as one just like Joey Harrington.

This is precisely why investing a high round round draft pick in a qb is not only a bad investment but is downright lunacy if the offensive line hasn't been addressed. Then the young qb will have time to survey the field and not develop bad habits like happy feet and throwing nothing but dump off passes because they have zero confidence in their offensive line.

In summary, drafting potential studs at wide out and or qb makes absolutely no sense if you don't address the o line first. Championship teams are built in the trenches first. With Pioli in charge, I'm fairly confident that the Chiefs will not make the same kind of mistakes that the Detroit Lions made when Matt Milen was in charge.
Much as it pains me to say it the Chiefs don't have a great history as a winning franchise like the Steelers or the Cowboys. Sure, we played in Superbowl 1, but we did not win it. Also, we have not won a play off game since Joe Montana was our quarterback.

From scout.com.

My. God.

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Do you really want to risk it with the #3 pick? ONE year of experience.

Yes.

-King-
02-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Of course he would tear it up next year. Every qb does. But with that extra year. He gains experience. I am not ready to risk giving someone the reigns of this team if he only has one year of college experience.

And dont use the Leinart argument. It's not like Leinart is going in and lighting it up in the NFL is he? All I can see is a bench warmer whos getting 50.8 million dollars in the process.

If we're going to use the first for the qb, I'd rather get Stafford if he's still there, or trade it to the Patriots for Cassel.

Cassel's one year of NFL experience >>> Sanchez's one year of college experience.

Coogs
02-05-2009, 03:29 PM
From scout.com.

My. God.

We did address the o-line last draft. We are pretty set at LT. It could wse some more work this draft, but there are more rounds past the 1st round to do this with. Might not even have to reach for players to do it either.

DaneMcCloud
Of course he would tear it up next year. Every qb does. But with that extra year. He gains experience. I am not ready to risk giving someone the reigns of this team if he only has one year of college experience.

And dont use the Leinart argument. It's not like Leinart is going in and lighting it up in the NFL is he? All I can see is a bench warmer whos getting 50.8 million dollars in the process.

If we're going to use the first for the qb, I'd rather get Stafford if he's still there, or trade it to the Patriots for Cassel.

Cassel's one year of NFL experience >>> Sanchez's one year of college experience.

Can't.........breath................call.........................91..................uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhh

-King-
Darth CarlSatan

Why should we draft him? Is it his consistency? His leadership?

Frosty
02-05-2009, 03:31 PM
For as long as Pete Carrol is the coach at USC, there will be good qbs. The guy coming after Mark will be a good qb there. No question. So its not like Mark is doing something unexpected. He was put on a good team with a good offensive style. That shouldn't warrant him the 3rd pick.

I bet JD Booty is pissed that the Pete Carroll magic didn't rub off on his draft status.

-King-
Can't.........breath................call.........................91..................uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhh

LMAO! I've noticed throughout this whole thread this is all you've been doing. Is it because you're merely just a bandwaggon fan of Sanchez and cant come up with any arguments by yourself? What you heard Sanchez was a good player and you just started riding his nuts huh? But when it comes to debating with others, you'd rather just make these comments and leave the actual debates to people with brains.

DeezNutz

What about our 1st and 2nd for Anderson?

He has even more starting experience in the NFL than Castle. This should be worth more.

-King-
02-05-2009, 03:34 PM
I bet JD Booty is pissed that the Pete Carroll magic didn't rub off on his draft status.

I'd be pissed too. He should have came out after his 2006 season. He had almost identical numbers to what sanchez had. His one year of college experience was enough to warrant him a top 3 pick huh? But what do you know, he fell off the next year which could happen to Sanchez.

I want to see a qb do good for more than one year before I give him 70 million dollars and the reigns to an NFL team.

Agent V
02-05-2009, 03:34 PM
We did address the o-line last draft. We are pretty set at LT. It could wse some more work this draft, but there are more rounds past the 1st round to do this with. Might not even have to reach for players to do it either.

Exactly. He says focusing on "glamour positions" is stupid because you're missing pieces, yet it's smart to focus solely on the o-line until it's completely invincible. That's not even possible.

Build the team AS A TEAM.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 03:35 PM
LMAO! I've noticed throughout this whole thread this is all you've been doing. Is it because you're merely just a bandwaggon fan of Sanchez and cant come up with any arguments by yourself? What you heard Sanchez was a good player and you just started riding his nuts huh? But when it comes to debating with others, you'd rather just make these comments and leave the actual debates to people with brains.

Thanks for the insults but quite honestly, I've stated my case for Sanchez and Stafford numerous times in this forum and I'm pretty sure that most people are sick of me reiterating myself at every turn.

I know I am.

So in brief, never pass on a potential franchise QB. Sanchez is extremely accurate and smart, has ideal size and athleticism and despite your "one year" claim, he was at USC for four full years. Furthermore, the guy was like the #1 overall player his recruiting year. He has the tools and the brains to be a franchise player.

In that case, there is no possible reason to pass on him. If you think Cassel's good after NEVER starting at USC, then you wait until Sanchez hits the NFL.

Lights out.

-King-
02-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Yes. It is worth the roll of the dice once every 25 years to take a QB in the first round. It can't set us back any further than we already are now. Hopefull the new defensive coaching staff can turn some of these recent high draft picks into players. And even f they can not, we can address the defense much further in the draft next year than we could this year at least early on.

Not arguing with you. It is a good call to pick a qb in the first round......if he deserves to be drafted there. Sanchez cannot be the third player selected in a football draft. I refuse to believe he is worthy. Maybe a mid first, but never a 3rd pick. One year shouldn't get you that far.

Frosty
02-05-2009, 03:36 PM
I'd be pissed too. He should have came out after his 2006 season. He had almost identical numbers to what sanchez had.

Well gee. Maybe it's not all about college stats?

-King-
02-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the insults but quite honestly, I've stated my case for Sanchez and Stafford numerous times in this forum and I'm pretty sure that most people are sick of me reiterating myself at every turn.

I know I am.

So in brief, never pass on a potential franchise QB. Sanchez is extremely accurate and smart, has ideal size and athleticism and despite your "one year" claim, he was at USC for four full years. Furthermore, the guy was like the #1 overall player his recruiting year. He has the tools and the brains to be a franchise player.

In that case, there is no possible reason to pass on him. If you think Cassel's good after NEVER starting at USC, then you wait until Sanchez hits the NFL.

Lights out.

:doh!: He's only had one season starting on the football team. Sorry I have to clear it up for you, I thought you'd be smart enough to figure it out. And yeah, he's been at USC for 4 years, yet never started until this year. After you're redshirted, you should start your redshirt freshman year.

royr17
02-05-2009, 03:39 PM
I believe that Scott Pioli is probably working on a way to bring Matt Cassell to KC to be our QB.

I dont care what anybody says, New England was a dangerous team to play at the end of the year, it took them time to adjust to Matt.

-King-
02-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Well gee. Maybe it's not all about college stats?

Yeah, I'm sure he's a leader and will make this offense the #1 offense. Hell, he'll probably switch up and be D end on defensive series!! Sanchez is superman!!

Brock

You've missed the point. I mentioned Leinart because HE RETURNED TO USC FOR ANOTHER YEAR. How much did that extra year of experience help him?

The Franchise
You post over at WPI....don't you.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 03:41 PM
:doh!: He's only had one season starting on the football team. Sorry I have to clear it up for you, I thought you'd be smart enough to figure it out. And yeah, he's been at USC for 4 years, yet never started until this year. After you're redshirted, you should start your redshirt freshman year.

Not at USC.

And as for Leinart, he was drafted by Dennis Green to play in the West Coast offense. He was fired and the new offense is a vertical offense, not Leinart's strong point.

The Cardinals should not have drafted him if they thought there was a chance they'd fired Dennis Green. Square peg, round hole.

Leinart will still be a productive, if not highly successful NFL QB.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 03:41 PM
I believe that Scott Pioli is probably working on a way to bring Matt Cassell to KC to be our QB.

I dont care what anybody says, New England was a dangerous team to play at the end of the year, it took them time to adjust to Matt.

I believe that as always, you are incorrect.

Frosty
02-05-2009, 03:42 PM

He started three games in 2007 and played in several others, also.

-King-
02-05-2009, 03:42 PM

He has even more starting experience in the NFL than Castle. This should be worth more.

What ever helps you sleep at night mr sarcastic. Why is Sanchez so highly rated? I understand Stafford, but Sanchez? Why?

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2009, 03:43 PM

LMAO

-King-
You've missed the point. I mentioned Leinart because HE RETURNED TO USC FOR ANOTHER YEAR. How much did that extra year of experience help him?

I dont know? I'm sure it didn't hurt him though. I'm sure it bettered him.

Sweet Daddy Hate

ROFL

Darth CarlSatan

Why should we draft him? Is it his consistency? His leadership?

BECAUSE HE CAN PLAY. BECAUSE HE IS A BALLER YOU CAN FIELD ON DAY ONE.
BECAUSE HIS MECHANICS BLOW THE LIVING FUCK OUT OF ANYONE WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE NFL DRAFT NEXT YEAR AND QUITE POSSIBLY THE YEAR AFTER THAT.
BECAUSE HE IS ACCURATE AND CAN THREAD DOUBLE COVERAGE LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER.
BECAUSE HIS MISDIRECTION SKILLS MAKE CHRIS ANGEL JIZZ HIS FUCKING PANTS!
BECAUSE WHEN HE HAS TO RUN, HE DOES IT BETTER THAN ANYONE I'VE EVER SEEN.
BECAUSE HE CAN DELIVER THE ROCKET OR THE SOFT TOUCH WITH EQUAL PRECISION, AND BECAUSE HIS LEADERSHIP AND THE RESPECT HE GET'S FROM HIS PLAYERS SAY LOUD AND FUCKING CLEAR,
"DRAFT ME SCOTT PIOLI, AND I WILL TAKE YOUR TEAM TO THE FUCKING SUPER BOWL IN TWO YEARS MINIMUM"!
:cuss:

-King-
02-05-2009, 03:44 PM
He started three games in 2007 and played in several others, also.

Glad to know 3 games make a season. Thanks.

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Good grief, DCS. Stop that shit.

-King-
02-05-2009, 03:45 PM
You post over at WPI....don't you.

If you're talking to me..no. I dont even have an account over there.

Brock
02-05-2009, 03:49 PM
I dont know? I'm sure it didn't hurt him though. I'm sure it bettered him.

The only difference it made is that it cost him millions of dollars.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Good grief, DCS. Stop that shit.

When they don't listen, YOU HAVE TO INCREASE THE DECIBEL LEVEL JUST LIKE YOU WERE TALKING TO THE OLD FOLKS!

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 03:50 PM

Glad to know that you have no clue what the fuck you're talking about.

You're a Bradford fan....aren't you?

-King-
02-05-2009, 03:52 PM
The only difference it made is that it cost him millions of dollars.

So... you think that he should have came out a year earlier so he could suck..but have more money...than come a year later and suck but with less money?

-King-
02-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Glad to know that you have no clue what the **** you're talking about.

You're a Bradford fan....aren't you?

No, not really. I am a Stafford fan. If Detroit fucks up and doesnt draft him, we should take him.

DaneMcCloud
So... you think that he should have came out a year earlier so he could suck..but have more money...than come a year later and suck but with less money?

First off, he doesn't "suck".

Secondly, Yes.

The Franchise

You don't listen very well...do you?

Leinart is only on the bench because he's in an offensive system that doesn't play to his strengths. He's not going to stretch the field like Warner does. He would be a better fit in a WC offense.

-King-
02-05-2009, 03:54 PM
So your worried more about his money than his play? Why?

Brock
02-05-2009, 03:55 PM

I'm saying it didn't make any difference regarding his performance in the NFL. None.

Frosty
02-05-2009, 03:55 PM

You said he never started until this season.

You were wrong.

-King-
02-05-2009, 03:56 PM
You don't listen very well...do you?

Leinart is only on the bench because he's in an offensive system that doesn't play to his strengths. He's not going to stretch the field like Warner does. He would be a better fit in a WC offense.

Well, tough. We should trade BC to Patriots. His strong arm should be great for their offense.

Apples and Oranges.

-King-
02-05-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm saying it didn't make any difference regarding his performance in the NFL. None.

You dont know that LMAO! You dont know what he would have done if he would have come out a year earlier. He may have been practice squad for all you know. We do know it didnt make him worse.

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Well, tough. We should trade BC to Patriots. His strong arm should be great for their offense.

Apples and Oranges.

:spock: :rolleyes:

How is that Apples and Oranges? Leinart was drafted into a WC offense. When that offense was scrapped for a new one.....he didn't perform as well....hence why he's on the bench.

-King-
02-05-2009, 04:00 PM
You said he never started until this season.

You were wrong.

Go to the eye doctor. I said Originally Posted by KcChiefsKing View Post
He's only had one season starting on the football team.

I didnt say he never started. I said he had only one season tarting.

Brock
02-05-2009, 04:02 PM
You dont know that LMAO! You dont know what he would have done if he would have come out a year earlier. He may have been practice squad for all you know. We do know it didnt make him worse.

Riiiight. He was a consensus top 5 pick before he went back.

This has to be some kind of stupid joke.

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Looks like KcChiefsKing's ride is here.

http://meetthewebers.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/short-bus.jpg

Frosty
02-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Go to the eye doctor. I said

I didnt say he never started. I said he had only one season tarting.

Okay. Whatever.

-King-
02-05-2009, 04:05 PM
:spock: :rolleyes:

How is that Apples and Oranges? Leinart was drafted into a WC offense. When that offense was scrapped for a new one.....he didn't perform as well....hence why he's on the bench.

:doh!: So? He's better than Sanchez never the less. And to have two damn near hall of fame WRs on your squad, you better be able to play in any offense.

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 04:06 PM
:doh!: So? He's better than Sanchez never the less. And to have two damn near hall of fame WRs on your squad, you better be able to play in any offense.

You don't know football.....do you?

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 04:06 PM

You are an idiot of epic proportions.

Welcome, n00b.

-King-
02-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Looks like KcChiefsKing's ride is here.

Haha! Nice one :clap:

-King-
02-05-2009, 04:10 PM

Why? If you had Boldin and Fitzy on either side of you, shouldnt you succeed? I refuse to believe that if you took Tom Brady from the Patriots offense and made him play in a WC offense that he would be bad.

Back on topic, why do you think Sanchez is so great. What have you seen from him to see that he is worth the #3 pick? Surely it isnt his consistency.

-King-
02-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Other news, Matt Cassell has been franchised. So I dont think we'll get him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 04:12 PM

Getttttttttttttt your groove-on!

Getttttttttttttt your groove-on!

Get your groove-on! Get your groove-on!

Get yo-horrrrr groove on!

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nnHksDFHTQI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 04:12 PM

Why would you want him?

I'm beginning to think that you're a dupe.

-King-
02-05-2009, 04:13 PM

It's the one where Michael Phelps won the medals in right?

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 04:13 PM
He has to be.

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Why? If you had Boldin and Fitzy on either side of you, shouldnt you succeed? I refuse to believe that if you took Tom Brady from the Patriots offense and made him play in a WC offense that he would be bad.

Back on topic, why do you think Sanchez is so great. What have you seen from him to see that he is worth the #3 pick? Surely it isnt his consistency.

Yeah, 3200 yards, 34 TD's and 10 INT's - along with a 164 rating is WILDLY inconsistent...

http://i40.tinypic.com/301ex5f.jpg

The Franchise

See post #182.

-King-
Why would you want him?

Why would you want Sanchez?

Both of them had ONE good year.

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 04:15 PM

So....you would rather stick with Thigpen as our QB then? What has he proven?

-King-
02-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah, 3200 yards, 34 TD's and 10 INT's - along with a 164 rating is WILDLY inconsistent...

Good thing he did that year to year or else I wouldnt want him.

And what do stats have to do with consistency? LMFAO! You posting his season stats indicates that he did it year to year. If you wanted to say that he was consistent last year, you should have posted his game stats. Better luck next time.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 04:16 PM

Yeah, I've got nearly 12,000 posts but I'm a dupe.

:rolleyes:

Good lord. What'll you n00bs think of next.

-King-
02-05-2009, 04:17 PM
So....you would rather stick with Thigpen as our QB then? What has he proven?

I dont really know what we should do with our qb position, but I do know that we shouldn't pick Sanchez at 3. Pick Stafford if he's there. But not Sanchez.

Question, what makes Sanchez so much better than Cassell?

-King-
02-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I've got nearly 12,000 posts but I'm a dupe.

:rolleyes:

Good lord. What'll you n00bs think of next.

What does post count have to do with you being a dupe? Im sure Pioli is a dupe because as far as I can see, his post cound on here is ZERO. So is Clarks.

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 04:18 PM
What does post count have to do with you being a dupe? Im sure Pioli is a dupe because as far as I can see, his post cound on here is ZERO. So is Clarks.

-King-
02-05-2009, 04:18 PM
And I think Claythan has about 40 thousand posts...yeah Im sure he's not a dupe. LOL! You're really equating being a dupe to post count.

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 04:19 PM
So let's hear it there n00b. If Stafford is gone at #3......who do we draft.

I'm either going to hear Curry, an OT, a DE or trade down. I'm just waiting for it.

-King-

:doh!:

DaneMcCloud

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Uh, I don't think you understand the meaning of "dupe".

Duplicate account.

But if there WERE two Scott Pioli's, he's so secretive that no one would ever know.

Maybe you're onto something there, n00b.

-King-
02-05-2009, 04:20 PM
So let's here it there n00b. If Stafford is gone at #3......who do we draft.

I'm either going to hear Curry, an OT, a DE or trade down. I'm just waiting for it.

A DE or trade down. Lol. Thanks for the choices.

Brock
Marty, is that you?

-King-
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Uh, I don't think you understand the meaning of "dupe".

Duplicate account.

But if there WERE two Scott Pioli's, he's so secretive that no one would ever know.

Maybe you're onto something there, n00b.

Oh sorry ROFL didnt know dupe meant that..

DaneMcCloud
Marty, is that you?

Even Marty's smarter than that

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Good thing he did that year to year or else I wouldnt want him.

And what do stats have to do with consistency? LMFAO! You posting his season stats indicates that he did it year to year. If you wanted to say that he was consistent last year, you should have posted his game stats. Better luck next time.

Wow.

You have to be a dupe. You're definitely a dope.

I think Corky from "Life Goes On" has a higher Football IQ than you.

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 04:21 PM
A DE or trade down. Lol. Thanks for the choices.

So name a DE that is worthy of the #3 pick.

And if we should trade down.....then lets hear your awesome trade scenarios that are realistic.

-King-
02-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Wow.

You have to be a dupe. You're definitely a dope.

I think Corky from "Life Goes On" has a higher Football IQ than you.

Why is Sanchez worth the number 3 pick? You guys keep coming at me, yet you have yet to explain picking Sanchez at 3.

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2009, 04:23 PM

And if we should trade down.....then lets hear your awesome trade scenarios that are realistic.

Realistic?

Have you read this retard's posts?

Good luck with that request...

Brock
02-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Why is Sanchez worth the number 3 pick? You guys keep coming at me, yet you have yet to explain picking Sanchez at 3.

Why? Because he's probably the best or second best QB coming out this year.

-King-
02-05-2009, 04:25 PM

Arakpo or Johnson. I'm not the GM so I dont know how exactly the trades would play out. But still I would call a team in the 12-18 range and see if there are any willing to trade. Im not acting like it's easy to trade, just that we should pursue it.

Why is Sanchez worth the 3rd pick?

-King-
02-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Why? Because he's probably the best or second best QB coming out this year.

Weak qb class.

Man this Sanchez bullshit has been stuffed so far up you guys asses that you are starting to believe the bullshit that comes out of your mouths.

DaneMcCloud
Arakpo or Johnson. I'm not the GM so I dont know how exactly the trades would play out. But still I would call a team in the 12-18 range and see if there are any willing to trade. Im not acting like it's easy to trade, just that we should pursue it.

ROFL

:Lin:

-King-
Dane McCloud, why Sanchez at 3?

rad

I guess that's a "no", pestilenceaf.

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2009, 04:27 PM

It's been explained 100's of times in the past week alone - and many times in this thread alone.

But since you lack the basic skills of most human beings, I'll do your dirty work and post one of the answers posted to this question.

DeezNutz
02-05-2009, 04:27 PM

He's got the clapp.

consistency
leadership
athleticism
arm
poise

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 04:28 PM

Why is Sanchez worth the 3rd pick?

Orakpo or Johnson? You bitch about Sanchez not being consistent and you want these two DEs at the #3 position? ROFLROFLROFL

And trading down to the 12-18 range? You do realize that it would take a teams entire draft to move up to the 3 spot from there?

:rolleyes: Good job with the request though.

Chieftain58
02-05-2009, 04:28 PM
With Cassel Getting the Franchise tag(and Pioli probably gonna give away our first pick for him.. God I hope not).. I hope to hell we take a QB with the first pick to get that dumbass Idea out of trading for him over with.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Dane McCloud, why Sanchez at 3?

I'm sorry, I don't speak Spanish.

Or Retard.

Brock
02-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Weak qb class.

Man this Sanchez bullshit has been stuffed so far up you guys asses that you are starting to believe the bullshit that comes out of your mouths.

You're calling Orakpo a legit number three, but everybody else is full of shit. ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-05-2009, 04:30 PM

I thought we handled this about about 15 posts ago? Never mind.

Spit Bubble, superhero of true fans will now direct the Mormon tabernacle choir in a special rendition of Handel's Hallelujah just for you.

Sing along!

http://madeinhead.org/anism/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/super-retard.JPG

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nnHksDFHTQI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nnHksDFHTQI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You'rrrrrrrrrrrre a fuck-tard!

You'rrrrrrrrrrrre a fuck-tard!

You're a fuck-tard! Win-dow-licker!

Drink anti-freeze and diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm sorry, I don't speak <s>Spanish</s> fucktard.

FYP.

-King-
02-05-2009, 04:32 PM
He's got the clapp.

consistency
leadership
athleticism
arm
poise

Consistency. He's started only one season. He's either a fluke or the real thing, you dont know for sure. Leadership maybe. Yes he has the talent, but still, his one year thing is just outstanding to me. To think that people would want to draft him 3rd despite only seeing him one year is amazing.

-King-
02-05-2009, 04:34 PM
You're calling Orakpo a legit number three, but everybody else is full of shit. ROFL

No, but he would address a need at 3 more than Sanchez. Both are reaches, so in the case of reaches, you look for need and we need a DE more than we need a QB. WE HAD THE LOWEST NUMBER OF SACKS IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL PEOPLE!!!!

rad
02-05-2009, 04:34 PM

Aw man, I was hoping for an "Eagles" angle here.....