PDA

View Full Version : Football Kiffin: "Urban Meyer is a CHEATER!!!!!!!!!1111!

Goapics1
02-05-2009, 02:01 PM
ESPN.com: College Football

Thursday, February 5, 2009
Vols win battle for WR Richardson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com news services

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin accused Florida coach Urban Meyer of violating recruiting rules in pursuing wide receiver prospect Nu'Keese Richardson.

WVLT-TV reported that Kiffin told a group of fans at a signing day breakfast celebration Thursday morning that Meyer phoned Richardson while the recruit was making his official visit to Tennessee recently.

"I'm gonna turn Florida in right here in front of you," Kiffin said, according to WVLT-TV. "While Nu'Keese was on campus, his phone kept ringing. One of the coaches says, 'who's that?' And he said, Urban Meyer."

Richardson, a Pahokee, Fla, native, signed with the Volunteers on Tuesday, despite having indicated he would sign with the Gators.

Kiffin told the crowd, "I love the fact that Urban had to cheat and still didn't get him."
Tennessee spokeswoman Tiffany Carpenter told The Associated Press the school would not file an official complaint to the NCAA.

In a statement released Thursday, Florida denied it broke any recruiting rules and demanded an apology from Kiffin.

"There was no rule violation and we have confirmed this with Southeastern Conference. It is obvious that Coach Kiffin doesn't know that there is not a rule precluding phone contact with a prospect during an official visit on another campus during a contact period," Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley said.

"His allegations are inappropriate, out of line and, most importantly, totally false. It is completely unfair to Urban Meyer, our coaching staff, our football program and our institution. The appropriate action at this time in my opinion is for Coach Kiffin to make a public apology.

"His comments not only slandered our coach, but he violated SEC rules by publicly criticizing another coach and institution."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3886703

Saulbadguy
02-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Every coach in the $EC is a known cheater when it comes to recruiting, the NCAA just does not have the balls to do anything about it.

EyePod
02-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Man, I'm so glad Kiffin got out of Faiderville. I think he would have been a really good coach if he was given a fair shot.

DaKCMan AP
02-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Lane Kiffin is a giant douche who has done nothing but spout his mouth and show his ignorance since he joined Tennessee. He's going to learn quickly to STFU.

The rivalry against Tennessee has dwindled a little recently. Glad that there will now be further motivation to beat the crap out of them and make it 5 years in a row.

EyePod
02-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Lane Kiffin is a giant douche who has done nothing but spout his mouth and show his ignorance since he joined Tennessee. He's going to learn quickly to STFU.

The rivalry against Tennessee has dwindled a little recently. Glad that there will now be further motivation to beat the crap out of them and make it 5 years in a row.

Let me guess... you're not a Vols fan are you... I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here, you're a Bulldogs fan, right?

DaKCMan AP
02-05-2009, 02:21 PM
As Jeremy Foley said, there is no rule against making contact with a recruit during a visit on another campus during a contact period. But, even if there was a rule against that, this idiot Vols coach was bragging about how he told Nu'keese to lie to the Florida staff and not tell them he was taking an official visit to Tennessee. Therefore, how the hell would Meyer know Nu'keese was in Knoxville on an official visit when he phoned him? Kiffin has gone full retard.

EyePod
02-05-2009, 02:24 PM
On a side note, this kid's fucking name is Nu'Keese Richardson?? Who the fuck would ever name their kid Nu'Keese?? I think his name should have been spelled right like Nookies or something. Man, I'm sorry, but some of these people are retarded when naming their kids. I guess it's better than Shithead though. (Pronounced Shi-Theed)

ohiobronco2
02-05-2009, 02:27 PM
The SEC is filled with these coaches. Nothing new here. Florida fans should not take offense to this, the guy has been a liar since day one. He promised BG that he wasn't going to Utah and sure enough, he left. I'm sure he pulled the same crap with Utah.

Goapics1
02-05-2009, 02:28 PM
The SEC is filled with these coaches. Nothing new here. Florida fans should not take offense to this, the guy has been a liar since day one. He promised BG that he wasn't going to Utah and sure enough, he left. I'm sure he pulled the same crap with Utah.

Let's compare.

Utah > Florida? or Florida > Utah?:hmmm:

Brock
02-05-2009, 02:30 PM
They're all liars and cheaters, so WGAF?

DaKCMan AP
02-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Lane Kiffin accuses Urban Meyer of cheating! Posted on: February 5, 2009 12:18 pm
Edited on: February 5, 2009 1:54 pm

It's on in the SEC East! Actually when isn't it on?

You've got to see this video from Thursday morning (http://www.volunteertv.com/sports/headlines/39140432.html) with Tennessee's Lane Kiffin accusing Florida's Urban Meyer of cheating. Kiffin says that Meyer called receiver Nu'Keese Richardson on his cellie while the kid was visiting Tennessee.

One problem: I checked with a compliance director at another school and she couldn't find anything wrong with what Meyer allegedly did.

"I've never heard of that," she said of Kiffin's accusation being a violation. "That would surprise me. As long as it's permissible on the recruiting calendar, it should be OK."

A story posted a Tennessee TV station's website says: "Football coaches are not permitted to contact a prospect while his on an official visit to another school's campus." Hey, it's on a TV station's website so it has to be accurate, right?

Oh, one other thing. How could Meyer be "cheating" if Richardson wasn't supposed to be at Tennessee in the first place? Kiffin adds that the receiver said, "he wasn't even coming to visit us."

Anything to work the crowd. There's a lot of bitter fruit here. Richardson had apparently committed to Florida in May. Kiffin is going Ernest Angley on us (http://www.ernestangley.org/), taking the message, preacher-style, to the orange-coated streets.

Meyer is the devil and Kiffin is going to drive him out. The K-Man might be good at playing to a crowd but what goes around, comes around. I seem to recall that Tennessee has to visit Gainesville this year and The Urban Legend does not take slights well. Anybody remember the payback for the Gator Stomp? (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/11077217)

(http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/11077217)Count on another couple of extra touchdowns dropped on you in September, Lane. You're preaching to the choir now. The devil will get his due -- later.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/13413779

sedated
02-05-2009, 02:41 PM
As Jeremy Foley said, there is no rule against making contact with a recruit during a visit on another campus during a contact period. But, even if there was a rule against that, this idiot Vols coach was bragging about how he told Nu'keese to lie to the Florida staff and not tell them he was taking an official visit to Tennessee. Therefore, how the hell would Meyer know Nu'keese was in Knoxville on an official visit when he phoned him? Kiffin has gone full retard.

well, since you are so unbiased and all...

DaKCMan AP
02-05-2009, 02:44 PM
well, since you are so unbiased and all...

What does bias have to do with stating a fact? Did Kiffin call Meyer a cheat? Yes. Was what Meyer did in this instance violate any NCAA rules? No. It's pretty cut and dry.

Kerberos
02-05-2009, 02:44 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/13413779

Kiffin may owe them an opology for "THIS" false accusation but I'm willing to bet Meyer is as big a cheater at recruiting as they get?

I'm sure his list of questionable behavior is long and distiguished.

You don't have teams like his by having choir boys scout and recruit.

Sam Hall
02-05-2009, 03:31 PM
You can't spell Citrus without UT.

OmahaChief
02-05-2009, 03:50 PM
At least Nuke was smart enough to not fall for the "You are the next Percy Harvin" line that he has been using for two years now. Really at some point it gets to be old, hopefully Pinkel doesn't tell every kid he can be the next Maclin for the next few years.

Saccopoo
02-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Kiffin may owe them an opology for "THIS" false accusation but I'm willing to bet Meyer is as big a cheater at recruiting as they get?

I'm sure his list of questionable behavior is long and distiguished.

You don't have teams like his by having choir boys scout and recruit.

I think Urban is a pretty innovative and inspiring guy in terms of coaching. We Utes knew that he wasn't going to be around for long, and there's no hard feelings whatsoever about his move to Florida. He was on the fast track in the coaching ranks, and you don't go undefeated at Utah and win a BCS bowl by not being a good coach. His success at Florida is an extension of what he accomplished at Utah, and his success at Utah was an extension of what he accomplished at Bowling Green. He also knows how to assemble a good staff (case in point, current Utah coach and former Defensive coordinator at Utah under Myer, Kyle Wittingham has had a pretty successful run since Urban left, even though I consider him somewhat of a meat head).

J Diddy
02-05-2009, 04:26 PM
You can't spell Citrus without UT.

you can't spell butt without it either.

DaKCMan AP
02-05-2009, 04:51 PM
At least Nuke was smart enough to not fall for the "You are the next Percy Harvin" line that he has been using for two years now. Really at some point it gets to be old, hopefully Pinkel doesn't tell every kid he can be the next Maclin for the next few years.

5'9" 150lb Nu'keese Richardson was never told he'd be the next Percy Harvin. The guy they recruited to play Percy's role was Andre Debose. Many think one of the reasons Nu'keese decided to switch was because of Debose going to FL.

Saccopoo
02-05-2009, 05:13 PM
ESPN just stated that Kiffin apologized to Florida and Urban Meyer, and that he was also reprimanded by the SEC as publicly criticizing another league coach is a violation of SEC guidelines. Kiffin said he only made the comment to "fire up the crowd."

Nice hire there Tennessee. Get the 19 year old that was in way over his head at the Raiders, and put him into a position where the pressure and expectations are only about 513 times greater.

ChiefsCountry
02-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Welcome to the $EC Lane.

DaKCMan AP
02-05-2009, 05:24 PM
ESPN just stated that Kiffin apologized to Florida and Urban Meyer, and that he was also reprimanded by the SEC as publicly criticizing another league coach is a violation of SEC guidelines. Kiffin said he only made the comment to "fire up the crowd."

Nice hire there Tennessee. Get the 19 year old that was in way over his head at the Raiders, and put him into a position where the pressure and expectations are only about 513 times greater.

Lane Kiffin is a fucking moron. I thought I loved Fat Phil at Tennessee. This dumbfuck might be even better..

Sam Hall
02-05-2009, 06:56 PM
This thread is worthless without a picture of Lane Kiffin's wife.

Skip Towne
02-05-2009, 07:13 PM
This thread is worthless without a picture of Lane Kiffin's wife.

OK, you be in charge of that.

Sam Hall
02-05-2009, 07:23 PM
OK, you be in charge of that.

k

ChiefGator
02-05-2009, 07:45 PM
5'9" 150lb Nu'keese Richardson

Yeah, I kept reading his size on Rivals. That's freakin' TINY.

I actually liked Lane, but maybe Al was right for once. Will be interesting to see what he is able to do next year in the Swamp.

ohiobronco2
02-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Let's compare.

Utah > Florida? or Florida > Utah?:hmmm:

Being Honest>Lying :D He should have just told the truth.

OmahaChief
02-05-2009, 09:15 PM
5'9" 150lb Nu'keese Richardson was never told he'd be the next Percy Harvin. The guy they recruited to play Percy's role was Andre Debose. Many think one of the reasons Nu'keese decided to switch was because of Debose going to FL.

He was told he would be the next Harvin, just like Debose and Thompson before him. Urban tells all the kids that. He even mentioned it in an interview he did with some reporter from Miami.

Mecca
02-05-2009, 09:41 PM
I have nothing overly nice to say about Meyer in recruiting he will take the dirtiest approach possible.

Skip Towne
02-05-2009, 09:52 PM
I have nothing overly nice to say about Meyer in recruiting he will take the dirtiest approach possible.

I don't know much about it but I'd bet most successful coaches use questionable tactics at times. You'd almost have to just to keep pace.

DaKCMan AP
02-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Rome lays it down..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ZuD5JdYQ0w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ZuD5JdYQ0w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>