PDA

View Full Version : Football Albert Haynesworth and TJ Housh: WTF?

Sam Hall
02-05-2009, 03:29 PM
I just watched an interview with Haynesworth from the Pro Bowl on NFL Live. He was talking about free agency when somebody from the Colts threw him a Colts helmet. He grabs the helmet and starts talking about how good it would be to play for the Colts.

TJ Houshmandzadeh was on the radio talking about how he wants to play for the Eagles. I thought they played for the Titans and Bengals, respectively, at least for now. That struck me was not very smart.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 03:30 PM
No one is allowed to have fun.

Rooster
02-05-2009, 03:31 PM
I just watched an interview with Haynesworth from the Pro Bowl on NFL Live. He was talking about free agency from somebody from the Colts threw him a Colts helmet. He grabs the helmet and starts talking about how good it would be to play for the Colts.

TJ Houshmandzadeh was on the radio talking about how he wants to play for the Eagles. I thought they played for the Titans and Bengals, respectively, at least for now. That struck me was not very smart.

Somebody needs to throw them both a couple of Chiefs helmets. :D

Sam Hall
02-05-2009, 03:34 PM
No one is allowed to have fun.

Their status allows them to get away with it:rolleyes:

alpha_omega
02-05-2009, 03:38 PM
I bet they weren't trying on any Lions helmets.

blueballs
02-05-2009, 03:41 PM
It's a tradtion to trade hats or jerseys or helmets
or drug dealer's phone numbers or some such shit

OnTheWarpath15
02-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Better than what happened to Cutler:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_11630573

HONOLULU — In front of Jay Cutler was the clear-blue but chilly-watered swimming pool at the Ihilani resort.

The gang of Pro Bowl football players had been gathered around the tables, swapping stories, when suddenly the Broncos' quarterback had 300-pound Nick Mangold pushing from one side, 310-pound Kris Dielman holding the other and his cellphone swindled into the hands of a coy Peyton Manning.

Cutler's radar had gone up, but he never had a chance.

Splash!

"We gave him a Pro Bowl baptism," said Dielman, the star offensive guard of the rival San Diego Chargers.

Great fun. Big laughs. There was just one problem. Cutler is a Type 1 diabetic, and in his pocket was his blood-sugar monitor.

"That was a prank where I thought we were smart enough to get the cellphone out of his pocket," Dielman said. "But then, 'Oops.' "

The monitor was fried by the chlorinated water. Fortunately, Hawaii has drug stores, and after a few calls here and there, Cutler was well-equipped by lunchtime Wednesday.

"It was a bad audible on our part," Manning said. "I think we were thinking right, trying to get the cellphone. Then we realize, the guy gets insulin shots. We missed that."

Sam Hall
02-05-2009, 03:42 PM
I wouldn't have expected Haynesworth to be fantasizing about playing for a division rival. That's a slap in the face to the Titans, regardless of his intentions this off-season.

CoMoChief
02-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Better than what happened to Cutler:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_11630573

you mean they didn't kill him? fuggin bastards. jk

The Franchise
02-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Peyton Manning was quoted in an article that Haynesworth should either come to the Colts or go to the NFC because he's tired of playing him twice a year.

Buck
02-05-2009, 03:52 PM
They are both UFAs

I doubt either will return to their current team.

Fritz88
02-05-2009, 03:56 PM

they won't be to eager to take them

Fritz88
02-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Peyton Manning was quoted in an article that Haynesworth should either come to the Colts or go to the NFC because he's tired of playing him twice a year.

ROFLROFLROFL

Sam Hall
02-05-2009, 03:58 PM
They are both UFAs

I doubt either will return to their current team.

I think they should have kept quiet until free agency begins.

Bob Dole
02-05-2009, 04:01 PM

Nothing like watching grown men play a rousing game of Hot Potato.

The Bad Guy
02-05-2009, 04:01 PM
I think you are a whiny bitch.

Sam Hall
02-05-2009, 04:04 PM
I think you are a whiny bitch.

They get away with it because they are popular football players. That doesn't make it right.

Rooster
02-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Nothing like watching grown men play a rousing game of Hot Potato.

ROFL

DrRyan
02-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Haynesworth, yes please. Housh, no thanks. Unfortunately, I doubt big Albert will end up in KC.

The Bad Guy
02-05-2009, 04:46 PM
They get away with it because they are popular football players. That doesn't make it right.

They are free agents this year. The Pro Bowl EVERY SINGLE YEAR is a way for free agents to network with other players.

pr_capone
02-05-2009, 04:46 PM
you mean they didn't kill him? fuggin bastards. :cuss:

FYP

Sam Hall
02-05-2009, 05:04 PM
They are free agents this year. The Pro Bowl EVERY SINGLE YEAR is a way for free agents to network with other players.

I'd wouldn't do it when the cameras are rolling.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 05:12 PM

Get away with what, exactly?

ChiefsCountry
02-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Wow somebody doesnt understand leverage at all.

-King-
02-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Haynesworth, yes please. Housh, no thanks. Unfortunately, I doubt big Albert will end up in KC.

Why not Houshmanzadeh?

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Why not Houshmanzadeh?

Too old.

The Chiefs already have a possession receiver.

His name is Dwayne Bowe.

Sam Hall
02-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Get away with what, exactly?

Publicly campaigning to play for another team while still under contract with their current team. It's easy to understand by replacing Haynesworth in this situation with Tony Gonzalez.

-King-
02-05-2009, 05:24 PM
There's nothing wrong with having two possession recievers. See Cardinals. And Housh has speed and he has great hands.

ChiefsCountry
02-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Publicly campaigning to play for another team while still under contract with their current team. It's easy to understand by replacing Haynesworth in this situation with Tony Gonzalez.

You do realize both of them are free agents?

Sam Hall
02-05-2009, 05:29 PM
You do realize both of them are free agents?

Free agency doesn't start for a couple weeks. They are going to wear the helmets of their current teams in the Pro Bowl.

ChiefsCountry
02-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Free agency doesn't start for a couple weeks. They are going to wear the helmets of their current teams in the Pro Bowl.

Free agency is underway unoffically. Teams will start making offers to their own guys. Its all leverage, how fucking hard is this to understand?

Luke the Drifter
02-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Too old.

His name is Dwayne Bowe.

Maybe someone could find Andre Bad Moon Rison to teach him to hold on to the ball. Mr. Dane(Hollywood)McCloud sir.ROFL

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Maybe someone could find Andre Bad Moon Rison to teach him to hold on to the ball. Mr. Dane(Hollywood)McCloud sir.ROFL

Well, good point.

He definitely needs to spend more time with the Juggs machine.

theorangelion
02-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Well, good point.

He definitely needs to spend more time with the Juggs machine.

Rosie Perez?:evil:

CoMoChief
02-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Hey I got an idea........lets all fucking cry about it.

DrRyan
02-05-2009, 11:22 PM
There's nothing wrong with having two possession recievers. See Cardinals. And Housh has speed and he has great hands.

Not exactly bro. While both Fitz and Boldin catch 90+ balls every year, I don't think I would classify either one as a "possession receiver." In the playoffs both of them had TD catches over 60 yards. They are both big physical receivers, but also able to outrun pretty much anyone else on the field. See Boldin in the Atlanta game and Fitz being shot out of a cannon in the Super Bowl.

Sam Hall
02-05-2009, 11:39 PM
I'd look at Devery Henderson, but I wouldn't break the bank for him.

CoMoChief
02-06-2009, 01:50 AM

He'd be a great pickup IMO.

patteeu
02-06-2009, 06:39 AM
I wouldn't have expected Haynesworth to be fantasizing about playing for a division rival. That's a slap in the face to the Titans, regardless of his intentions this off-season.

Chester McGlockton II

patteeu
02-06-2009, 06:41 AM

In the year after setting the record for fewest sacks of all time, the Chiefs could set the record for most dropped balls of all time.

NaptownChief
02-06-2009, 07:19 AM
If teams were smart they would just pick up Ryan Sims cause he was drafted ahead of Haynesworth.

Sam Hall
02-06-2009, 12:12 PM
In the year after setting the record for fewest sacks of all time, the Chiefs could set the record for most dropped balls of all time.

I guess he stood out to me on the free agent list. It wasn't a very impressive list. They could draft a receiver in the fourth round like Ramses Barden, Brandon Tate or Brandon Gibson.

Goapics1
02-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Too old.

His name is Dwayne Bowe.

But you have to catch the ball to be considered a possession receiver. TJ can catch the ball.

patteeu
02-06-2009, 12:41 PM
I guess he stood out to me on the free agent list. It wasn't a very impressive list. They could draft a receiver in the fourth round like Ramses Barden, Brandon Tate or Brandon Gibson.

I don't mean to dog you, it just struck me that putting Henderson together with last year's Bowe would be a dropped ball bonanza. OTOH, if Haley has some trick up his sleeve to cure Bowe's dropsies, maybe we should pick up Henderson and use the cure on both of them at the same time. His speed would definitely be complimentary and his size and age are attractive.