PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bernard Pollard on 810

Mi_chief_fan
02-06-2009, 08:57 AM
"He's (Haley) a young coach, has a lot of good schemes, we look forward to embracing him as our coach."

"Anxious about a new DC, hopefully one that will keep me in the box and let me do my job"

"Obviously we have a lot of young players, Haley will be great, will motivate the yong players, I think he'll help Bowe, he (Bowe has a bright future.) I love what's going on withour team, going in the right direction. Haley will not just coach us, he'll teach us."

"I'm not going to say that a lack of fire was the problem, but I saw him stand up to a player who got in his face. We need that, we're too good to be 2-14."

On LJ: "Larry knows how I feel. I'd love to see him stay, but that's not on me. For him to announce what he did put it on Pioli & the front office. Hopefully Haley & Pioli can talk to him & get him on board the ship."

He said he's "Excited, you'll see new faces on coaching staff, new scheme, FA's,hopefully the new DC will have the SS playing SS and the FS playing FS; this was a strange, strange season."

seaofred
02-06-2009, 08:59 AM
I like Pollard, and think he can be an elite saftery in the right scheme.

The Franchise
Condensed version: Herm is a moron.

beer bacon
On LJ: "Larry knows how I feel. I'd love to see him stay, but that's not on me. For him to announce what he did put it on Pioli & the front office. Hopefully Haley & Pioli can talk to him & get him on board the ship."

Pollard says we're going to the 'ship.

Lzen
02-06-2009, 09:00 AM
I like his attitude and I can't really disagree.

talastan
02-06-2009, 09:01 AM
hopefully the new DC will have the SS playing SS and the FS playing FS; this was a strange, strange season."

Was Pollard and Page playing out of position? :shrug:

missinDThomas
02-06-2009, 09:02 AM
so he didn't think herm was a defensive genious? i wonder why.

FringeNC
02-06-2009, 09:03 AM
I'm not going to miss Herm or Gun.

Mi_chief_fan
02-06-2009, 09:04 AM

Not sure, I just thought that line was interesting. Probably aimed at Gun.

Fish
02-06-2009, 09:05 AM
I predict we see considerable improvement from Pollard this year....

We're going to see just how much the incompetence of the defensive coaching staff was holding these guys back....

Pasta Little Brioni
02-06-2009, 09:06 AM

Sounds like it. Seems like alot of guys were misused in Herm and Gun's "scheme". Hopefully a new staff will get these young guys playing up to thier potential.

seaofred
Sounds like Pollard thought so.

FAX
Wow. Just wow. If Bernard Pollard is scratching his head over the defensive schemes we've been running, I can't imagine what kind of crazy-ass stuff Herm and Gunther were trying. What a bunch of monkeys this defensive coaching staff was. I sure hope that Patty Cakes has to turn in his playbook soon, too.

FAX

Rain Man
02-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Hopefully the new defensive coordinator will teach Pollard how to wrap up.

the Talking Can
02-06-2009, 09:10 AM
pollard basically said that gun was a joke and no one knew what they were doing, without actually saying it....

Chief_in_Commander
02-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Yeah I'm thinking a direct shot at gun, which is ok because someone needs to take shots so might as well be the guy who took a shot himself

TEX

But he's still gonna be S-L-O-W...

FAX

We're going to see just how much the incompetence of the defensive coaching staff was holding these guys back....

Amenski, Mr. KC Fish. It's clear that our coaching staff was a couple of eggs short of a lumberjack slam. It will be interesting to see if some of the problems with individual performance were due to lack of talent alone, or if our guys were coached down. We're going to find out.

My guess is that several of our players are actually better than they've looked for the past few years.

FAX

bishop_74

It's sad that they don't know fundamentals. Saaaaaaaad.:grr:

BigChiefFan
02-06-2009, 09:14 AM
It's good to see some of the players getting amped up for a new head coach. Tony G. could take a hint.

FringeNC
02-06-2009, 09:15 AM
That Gun got another gig as a DC never ceases to amaze me.

beach tribe
02-06-2009, 09:18 AM
:clap:Hopefully the new defensive coordinator will teach Pollard how to wrap up.:clap:

If he does, we may just have us a SS. I know I would get all in his ass the first time he did id, and he may just lose some snaps the FIRST time he did it.

FAX
02-06-2009, 09:19 AM

Gun knows the NFL "game". Not the one on the field, but the one in the office building. He protects his HC and spits and yells and curses and makes it all sound like football. Gun will have a job somewhere - either as a DC or assistant - as long as he wants one.

FAX

missinDThomas
I'd like to know if Morgan is worth a damn or not too.

beach tribe
But he's still gonna be S-L-O-W...

He's really not that slow for a SS.

He's slow for a cover two safety.

dirk digler
02-06-2009, 09:21 AM

No shit.

TEX
02-06-2009, 09:23 AM
He's really not that slow for a SS.

He's slow for a cover two safety.

You make a very good point. Yet he was drafted to play one...:shake:

Coogs
02-06-2009, 09:25 AM
My guess is that several of our players are actually better than they've looked for the past few years.

That s my guess and hope as well.

Gdaddy
02-06-2009, 09:30 AM
This is even better news for Flowers. At Va Tech he was hard hitting man to man DB....He will thrive in a new scheme. I totally agree about Pollard, too. Especially if we switch to a 3-4. Put him in the box and let him crush bitches....Very excited about new regime. So excited about the draft, too. How many years have we questioned the chiefs picks? This year will be so interesting with Piolo and Haley. Now lets grab Crennel as DC, pick up Dansby at LB and Peppers De....Lets go!

Buzz
02-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Sounds like it. Seems like alot of guys were misused in Herm and Gun's "scheme". Hopefully a new staff will get these young guys playing up to thier potential.

Not to defend Gun but I think it was more of Herm's Tampa 2 scheme that made the defense bad. Gun said as much when he took the job with the Lions... Again I'm not defending Gun as he was coaching the line backers directly and there was no improvement but I have to put this more on Herm.

Rooster
02-06-2009, 09:38 AM

I think so too. I hope to see DJ elevate his game as well.

FAX
02-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Not to defend Gun but I think it was more of Herm's Tampa 2 scheme that made the defense bad. Gun said as much when he took the job with the Lions... Again I'm not defending Gun as he was coaching the line backers directly and there was no improvement but I have to put this more on Herm.

I agree that Gun was out of his element with the T2 scheme. No question, Mr. Buzz Lightbeer. And Gun isn't able to adapt and handle any scheme other than the one with which he is comfortable.

Nevertheless, two wrongs don't make cheesecake. Our defense was about as screwed up as a defense can get. That takes effort. From Herm all the way down, for the most part, our defense was a complete mess. It's amazing, really.

FAX

FAX
02-06-2009, 09:41 AM
I think so too. I hope to see DJ elevate his game as well.

He's the one I'll be watching most closely, Mr. Rooster. He's performed well below expectations. I refuse to believe that he just lost his talent in the airport on the way to KC. Nope. He was coached down.

FAX

smittysbar
02-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Thigpen is on now, he said LJ is a good player when he wants to be, pretty unstoppable, when he brings that to the table.

Basileus777
02-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Basically every player we've every drafted or signed has underachieved under Gun. I don't think there is any doubt that much of our talent problems on defense stem from poor coaching.

CoMoChief
02-06-2009, 09:47 AM
He's gonna use Pollard like they used Adrian Wilson, lots of blitzing etc.

talastan
02-06-2009, 09:53 AM
He's the one I'll be watching most closely, Mr. Rooster. He's performed well below expectations. I refuse to believe that he just lost his talent in the airport on the way to KC. Nope. He was coached down.

FAX

DJ was defintely not put in a position to succeed. As I recall didn't he play the Will back in college, then we moved him to Sam? It really makes wonder what was going on. DJ, Dorsey, and apparantly Pollard all not playing in their proper positions. :shake: I won't even go into the O-line situation. But Herm and Gun are gone, addition by subtraction.

Warrior5
02-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Yeah I'm thinking a direct shot at gun, which is ok because someone needs to take shots so might as well be the guy who took a shot himself

Wow. That's a lot of shootin'.

Did you just re-post yourself in the same post?

seaofred
02-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Looking forward to good days ahead!!

Shag
02-06-2009, 09:56 AM
This is even better news for Flowers. At Va Tech he was hard hitting man to man DB....He will thrive in a new scheme.

I may be misremembering, but wasn't Flowers projected to be best for the cover 2, due to him being a little slow for CB?

FAX
02-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Wow. That's a lot of shootin'.

Did you just re-post yourself in the same post?

ROFL

FAX

SenselessChiefsFan
02-06-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm not going to miss Herm or Gun.

I certainly am not going to miss Herm AND Gun. I think there are many ways to skin a cat, but if you are working together, you at least have to agree on which end to start with.

Gdaddy
02-06-2009, 10:08 AM
I may be misremembering, but wasn't Flowers projected to be best for the cover 2, due to him being a little slow for CB?

If you look up his scouting he was known as a hard hitting corner. I dont recall them saying he is a cover 2 corner. Could be wrong though. I think he is an outstanding corner and playing cover 2 will help him grow. But I think he needs to be more in your face to be all pro. I cant stand the cover 2 D. I am really hoping we changeover to a 3-4. I think that would really help DJ and Pollard. My only concern is what to do with Dorsey. I cant see him as a NT, he is undersized. But I am beginging to wonder if he was just out of place this year with herm and Gun's scheme. Gun doesnt like rookies, I dont thing he worked with Dorsey enough.

DaKCMan AP
02-06-2009, 10:08 AM

After only slightly improving on his combine time when ran a 4.54 at Tech's Pro Day in late March, Flowers said his coverage skills and technique -- generally rated tops among all corners in the draft by scouts -- make up for any split second on a stopwatch anyway.

"I know that I'm faster than that," the 5-foot-10, 189-pound Flowers said. "My ability to change direction is a big part of my game. And if you can twist your hips like I can, it's hard to get beaten. I just cover guys and make plays. That's what it's all about in the end."
http://www.roanoke.com/sports/vtfootball/wb/159558

FAX
02-06-2009, 10:09 AM
I certainly am not going to miss Herm AND Gun. I think there are many ways to skin a cat, but if you are working together, you at least have to agree on which end to start with.

Yep. Cat-skinning isn't easy even when you do it right, Mr. SensibleChiefsfan.

Do it wrong and you don't wind up with a cat head to mount on your wall ... instead, you can have a cat-ass-trophy.

FAX

Fat Elvis
02-06-2009, 10:20 AM

With the Lions, dude. The Lions.

I'd call it penance.

DaWolf
02-06-2009, 10:21 AM

Again, this is BS and Gun trying to pass on the blame to someone else as always. We did not, I repeat did not, play Tampa 2 under Vermeil, and Gunther's defenses were even worse then.

Keep in mind as well that for all this ripping of the Tampa 2 and calling it dead, the Pittsburgh Steelers employ a version of it as well from Tomlin's days in Tampa, and Dick LeBeau is just smart enough that he can use aspects of it with is playcalling to coordinate a successful defense...

FAX
02-06-2009, 10:21 AM
ROFL

Get it? Cat-ass-trophy?

ROFL

FAX

FAX
02-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Again, this is BS and Gun trying to pass on the blame to someone else as always. We did not, I repeat did not, play Tampa 2 under Vermeil, and Gunther's defenses were even worse then.

Keep in mind as well that for all this ripping of the Tampa 2 and calling it dead, the Pittsburgh Steelers employ a version of it as well from Tomlin's days in Tampa, and Dick LeBeau is just smart enough that he can use aspects of it with is playcalling to coordinate a successful defense...

Gun's defenses under Uncle Dick were worse than last year's?

FAX

Saccopoo
02-06-2009, 10:39 AM
I've said this before, but the whole situation is that since they changed the way that they call pass interference a couple of years ago, the Cover 2 has basically been a dead concept, unless you can effectively utilize it sporadically in the right situations. Gun, whose always been a blitz/stunt guy, was shackled by Herms continued insistence to employ the Cover 2 full time. And unless you can get pressure from your front four down linemen without blitzes and have what amounts to a 4.5 speed rangy middle linebacker with a nose for the ball, you are going to screwed in a Cover 2, ergo, the Chiefs under Herm.

I actually felt bad for Gun the past couple of years. You know he just went home and kicked the shit out of his dog. I don't think he rocked the boat too much in that I think that he thought he could eventually get Herm to come around to his way of thinking and that he honestly liked being in Kansas City.

Also, when Gun came back to the Chiefs, the cabinet was bare on defense. Yes, they finally started drafting decent players on defense (the entire secondary is good), Hali, Tyler, Dorsey, etc., but they are all very young and it takes time. They also never addressed the linebacker situation hoping the DJ would be good enough to carry them and that an older Donnie Edwards could still play to the level that he did when he was first with the Chiefs.

I like Pollard a lot. Sure he doesn't wrap up people as much as he should, but he's always around the ball, and gets to it in a hurry for as big as he is. If he does get to play a true SS position, he should be very good. Same with Page.

DaWolf
02-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Gun's defenses under Uncle Dick were worse than last year's?

FAX

They were pretty bad.

The funny thing is that the best D Gunther was able to field during his last tenure here was in Herm's first year, using that Cover 2...

DaWolf
02-06-2009, 10:47 AM
I've said this before, but the whole situation is that since they changed the way that they call pass interference a couple of years ago, the Cover 2 has basically been a dead concept, unless you can effectively utilize it sporadically in the right situations. Gun, whose always been a blitz/stunt guy, was shackled by Herms continued insistence to employ the Cover 2 full time. And unless you can get pressure from your front four down linemen without blitzes and have what amounts to a 4.5 speed rangy middle linebacker with a nose for the ball, you are going to screwed in a Cover 2, ergo, the Chiefs under Herm.

I actually felt bad for Gun the past couple of years. You know he just went home and kicked the shit out of his dog. I don't think he rocked the boat too much in that I think that he thought he could eventually get Herm to come around to his way of thinking and that he honestly liked being in Kansas City.

Also, when Gun came back to the Chiefs, the cabinet was bare on defense. Yes, they finally started drafting decent players on defense (the entire secondary is good), Hali, Tyler, Dorsey, etc., but they are all very young and it takes time. They also never addressed the linebacker situation hoping the DJ would be good enough to carry them and that an older Donnie Edwards could still play to the level that he did when he was first with the Chiefs.

I like Pollard a lot. Sure he doesn't wrap up people as much as he should, but he's always around the ball, and gets to it in a hurry for as big as he is. If he does get to play a true SS position, he should be very good. Same with Page.

Dude, Gunther gave Carl a list of players that he would need acquired through the free agency/draft, and Carl went out and got every one of them, and Gunther publicly acknowledged this. We spent top draft picks on defense, we traded for Surtain, we picked up the safety Gun wanted in FA, we picked up Kendrell Bell per Gun's instructions, we drafted the best pass rushing end in the NFL, and so on, and he still couldn't field a defense. You can blame Carl all you want but these were guys Gunther wanted.

I don't get this constant need to defend Gunther...

beach tribe
02-06-2009, 11:00 AM

No, it was because he was a sure tackler, which the cover two MUST have.

NickAthanFan
02-06-2009, 11:01 AM
The Lions hired Gun because they couldn't get Saunders.

beach tribe
02-06-2009, 11:02 AM

Actually the defense improved every year Gun was in his second Term, until Herm showed up, and we went from 16 to 32.

penchief
02-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Actually the defense improved every year Gun was in his second Term, until Herm showed up, and we went from 16 to 32.

Actually, the defense improved right after Herm showed up. It simply fell back to the same crappy D that we had under Vermeil. Gunther flat out sucks. Terrible coach. Terrible teacher. Terrible judge of talent.

EyePod
02-06-2009, 11:18 AM

I think he means that he should be blitzing a la Adrian Wilson. He said he wanted to be in the box. He shouldn't only be in coverage like he was.

EyePod
02-06-2009, 11:21 AM
No, it was because he was a sure tackler, which the cover two MUST have.

No, he was projected as a great Cover 2 corner because he "doesn't have the speed as a man up corner." I still think he'll be fine. Carr, I'm not so sure about though.

Demonpenz
02-06-2009, 11:23 AM
pollard is going to have WR's head on a swivel. He had 9 of the 10 largest hits on defence last year

Inspector
02-06-2009, 11:34 AM
I don't EVER want to see DJ drop a nice soft pass tossed directly at him EVER again.

And I mean EVER!!

I still want that pick six he screwed up last year.

Mecca
02-06-2009, 07:55 PM
No offense to Pollard but no coach in the world is going to change that he's slow and always out of position.

JuicesFlowing
02-06-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm have been wearing my Bernard Pollard Fan Club t-shirt all afternoon. Under the right coaches, maybe that t-shirt will have more meaning? (Sorry Brady)

Hammock Parties
02-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Funny that Pollard thinks he can be an in-the-box safety when he's a terrible tackler.

RJ
02-06-2009, 08:05 PM

That would be nice. Dude's a great athlete, he needs to learn how to use his talent.

blueballs
02-06-2009, 08:27 PM
knock knock knock
Pollard: You wanted to see me
Pioli: Come in a close the sound proof door behind you

kcxiv
02-06-2009, 08:48 PM
They were pretty bad.

The funny thing is that the best D Gunther was able to field during his last tenure here was in Herm's first year, using that Cover 2...

Becuase we had a legitpass rusher. What legit pass rusher did we have last year?

KC kid
02-06-2009, 08:52 PM
I think Pollard's only chance in the NFL is at linebacker.

RINGLEADER
02-06-2009, 09:08 PM

Yeah right. Before Herm showed up Gunther rallied the team to amazing rankings of 31st and 25th in team defense.

Of course that was only because he was having to use players that Vermeil and Robinson had picked. :rolleyes:

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-06-2009, 09:18 PM
I like Pollard, and think he can be an elite saftery in the right scheme.

Agreed. He has a great attitude, he loves KC, he loves being a Chief, and he's the ONE guy in that whole defense, Corners excluded, that I really want to see survive the fallout and advance to the next level.

If the right DC and staff can polish and elevate his game, he will be a great leader for this defense.

Hammock Parties
02-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Jesus, will people stop defending Pollard?

Defenders who can't tackle need to GTFO and STFO.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-06-2009, 09:24 PM
This is even better news for Flowers. At Va Tech he was hard hitting man to man DB....He will thrive in a new scheme. I totally agree about Pollard, too. Especially if we switch to a 3-4. Put him in the box and let him crush bitches....Very excited about new regime. So excited about the draft, too. How many years have we questioned the chiefs picks? This year will be so interesting with Piolo and Haley. Now lets grab Crennel as DC, pick up Dansby at LB and Peppers De....Lets go!

Sounds good. I thought Flowers was pretty goddamned impressive this year. If he's even better in a different scheme? Look out!

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Jesus, will people stop defending Pollard?

Defenders who can't tackle need to GTFO and STFO.

Shut yer' ass, paper boy. :D

-King-
02-06-2009, 09:26 PM
No offense to Pollard but no coach in the world is going to change that he's slow and always out of position.

,hopefully the new DC will have the SS playing SS and the FS playing FS; this was a strange, strange season."

And for the slow part, maybe that's why he'd like to stay in the box more. Most likely he's hinting that he'd like to be a 3-4 LB or something.

Hammock Parties
02-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Out of position doesn't mean he's playing the wrong position. It means when shit goes down on the field, he doesn't know where the fuck he's supposed to be. He's a dumb football player. He has no instincts. And he can't fucking tackle.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Fuck it; return to Zone, line him up on the outside, and watch the Quarterback heads pile up on the sidelines.

Zone = Real Defense.

Hammock Parties
02-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Fuck it; return to Zone, line him up on the outside, and watch the Quarterback heads pile up on the sidelines.

Zone = Real Defense.

Just stop. Pollard is a glorified special teams player.

-King-
02-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Out of position doesn't mean he's playing the wrong position. It means when shit goes down on the field, he doesn't know where the **** he's supposed to be. He's a dumb football player. He has no instincts. And he can't ****ing tackle.

Tell us how you really feel.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Just stop. Pollard is a glorified special teams player.

I will do nothing of the sort!

Pollard deserves a shot under a real system with real coaches. The Herm/Gun Jerk and Spurt Method could retard the play of Derrick Thomas and Lawrence Taylor!

Hold thy tongue, whelp! :cuss:

ZootedGranny
02-06-2009, 09:51 PM
FORT WAYNE GOT DANCERS

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-06-2009, 09:55 PM
FORT WAYNE GOT DANCERS

LMAO

Exactly!

Anyone with moves THAT fly is just a superstar waiting to go nova!

Hammock Parties
02-06-2009, 10:47 PM
FORT WAYNE GOT DANCERS

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I9s6-ErCwjA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I9s6-ErCwjA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-06-2009, 10:50 PM
AWESOME!!!!!! WOO WOO!!!!!!!!

el borracho
02-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Pollard won't likely ever merit his 2nd round selection but he did look improved in 2008. His replacement is certainly farther down the wish list than 2 or 3 DEs, a DT and 2 or 3 LBs.

OnTheWarpath15
02-06-2009, 11:20 PM
I'll wait to reserve judgment on Pollard until the coaches quit using him in coverage, when he's not capable of playing in coverage.

They've played him out of position, just like they have Hali, DJ and Dorsey.

I can't wait to get a new staff in here who will start putting these guys in positions to succeed.

Hammock Parties
02-06-2009, 11:22 PM
I'll wait to reserve judgment on Pollard until the coaches quit using him in coverage, when he's not capable of playing in coverage.

They've played him out of position, just like they have Hali, DJ and Dorsey.

I can't wait to get a new staff in here who will start putting these guys in positions to succeed.

Seriously. WTF?

Is Pollard going to magically learn how to tackle?

His poor coverage is just the icing on the shit cake. When the guy has to break down and put someone on the ground in open space, HE GETS ABUSED. It happens almost every game.

Flowers came in as a ROOKIE last year and was a better tackler than Pollard has ever been.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2009, 11:23 PM
Flowers came in as a ROOKIE last year and was a better tackler than Pollard has ever been.

That doesn't negate the fact that the Chiefs haven't been using him correctly.

Hammock Parties
02-06-2009, 11:25 PM
That doesn't negate the fact that the Chiefs haven't been using him correctly.

Poor tacklers are best used as bench warmers.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-07-2009, 12:04 AM
Poor tacklers are best used as bench warmers.

NOBODY ON THE ENTIRE FUCKING SQUAD WAS WRAPPING UP!

Mandate:

Speak from mouth, NOT FROM ASS! :cuss::D

Hammock Parties
02-07-2009, 12:10 AM
NOBODY ON THE ENTIRE FUCKING SQUAD WAS WRAPPING UP!

Mandate:

Speak from mouth, NOT FROM ASS! :cuss::D

When Pollard stops missing tackles, I'll stop destroying his reputation on the internet.

I'm not holding my breath.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-07-2009, 12:15 AM
When Pollard stops missing tackles, I'll stop destroying his reputation on the internet.

LMAO Yes, your "Overlordness"!

Hammock Parties
02-07-2009, 12:17 AM
BERNARD POLLARD HAS FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME

Saccopoo
02-07-2009, 12:57 AM

What team have you been watching? After suffering through the Kawika Mitchell/Ryan Sims years, you are going to complain about a guy like Pollard? I've just finished re-viewing four Chief games from last season, and Pollard was way removed from being an individual who deserves the criticism that you are attempting to level at him. I thought he, more often than not, was giving more effort than most of the other defensive players, was constantly around the ball and showed good instincts in a bad defensive scheme.

What happened? Did you mortgage the house prior to the start of the season that the Pats would win the Super Bowl, and you are now blaming Pollard for your current living conditions consisting of a refrigerator box under the Eighth Street viaduct?

kcxiv
02-07-2009, 01:00 AM
What team have you been watching? After suffering through the Kawika Mitchell/Ryan Sims years, you are going to complain about a guy like Pollard? I've just finished re-viewing four Chief games from last season, and Pollard was way removed from being an individual who deserves the criticism that you are attempting to level at him. I thought he, more often than not, was giving more effort than most of the other defensive players, was constantly around the ball and showed good instincts in a bad defensive scheme.

What happened? Did you mortgage the house prior to the start of the season that the Pats would win the Super Bowl, and you are now blaming Pollard for your current living conditions consisting of a refrigerator box under the Eighth Street viaduct?
I dont think he played as bad as people here say either.I thought he did a pretty decent job considering we have 0 passrush.

Hammock Parties
02-07-2009, 01:03 AM
I thought he, more often than not, was giving more effort than most of the other defensive players, was constantly around the ball and showed good instincts in a bad defensive scheme.

Woo-freakin-hoo.

Call me when he doesn't blow tackles.

ChiefsCountry
02-07-2009, 01:06 AM
Wait till next year when we start to pimp Taylor Mays. This place will go nuts.

Hammock Parties
02-07-2009, 01:08 AM
Did Mays not declare?

Mecca
02-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Did Mays not declare?

He went back to USC for his senior season.

Saccopoo
02-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Did Mays not declare?

So much for your Mays to the Chiefs at #3 innuendo via the bashing of Pollard, eh? What/who is next in line for your castigation and criticism?

Hammock Parties
02-07-2009, 12:58 PM
Are you kidding me? Any number of players. The roster needs an overhaul.

KC kid
02-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Pollard won't likely ever merit his 2nd round selection but he did look improved in 2008. His replacement is certainly farther down the wish list than 2 or 3 DEs, a DT and 2 or 3 LBs.

I agree with your post, but this is a new time and place in Chiefs history and the Gunther avatar as got to go :)

bowener
02-07-2009, 02:28 PM
"Anxious about a new DC, hopefully one that will keep me in the box and let me do my job"

"Haley will not just coach us, he'll teach us."

He said he's "Excited, you'll see new faces on coaching staff, new scheme, FA's,hopefully the new DC will have the SS playing SS and the FS playing FS; this was a strange, strange season."

The most interesting tidbits for me.

The Bad Guy
02-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Oh joy. More Bernard Pollard supporters. After all, this guy is limited in coverage, and whifs on tackles all the time, but yes, let's praise him.

If the Chiefs wiped out the entire defense and just kept Flowers, Carr, DJ and Dorsey I wouldn't shed one tear.

DeezNutz
02-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Oh joy. More Bernard Pollard supporters. After all, this guy is limited in coverage, and whifs on tackles all the time, but yes, let's praise him.

If the Chiefs wiped out the entire defense and just kept Flowers, Carr, DJ and Dorsey I wouldn't shed one tear.

I think this is actually closer to the truth.

I fully expect Pioli to carpet bomb the living fuck out of this roster.

There was no stronger statement of fail than when Herm came out, repeatedly, stating that 85% of the roster was in place. Fuck. Me.

Not even close.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-07-2009, 02:59 PM

If the Chiefs wiped out the entire defense and just kept Flowers, Leggitt, Carr, :Lin: DJ and Dorsey I wouldn't shed one tear.

You forgot one, and completely fucked up on another.

Your welcome.

The Bad Guy
02-07-2009, 04:42 PM
You forgot one, and completely ****ed up on another.

Your welcome.

Gunther Cunningham is a bag of shit. He's been the only coordinator DJ has known in the NFL. I'm not ready to throw him under the bus because he has serious athletic ability and until I see how he performs in a real scheme, and not one that has him playing the middle, weak side or strong side in 3 straight seasons, I will keep an open-mind about him.

MVChiefFan
02-07-2009, 04:54 PM

:clap: THANK YOU! I would also throw Leggett in there but that's neither here nor there. Every other position needs an upgrade NOW. That includes Pollard. I like the guy but that dude can't play. He's out of position a lot and I don't think you can totally blame Gunther for it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, we can keep either Page OR Pollard back there but not both. They're a liability together.

The Bad Guy
02-07-2009, 05:58 PM
:clap: THANK YOU! I would also throw Leggett in there but that's neither here nor there. Every other position needs an upgrade NOW. That includes Pollard. I like the guy but that dude can't play. He's out of position a lot and I don't think you can totally blame Gunther for it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, we can keep either Page OR Pollard back there but not both. They're a liability together.

I would include Leggett. It's nice that we have 3 cornerbacks that are going to be very good for a long time.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Basically every player we've every drafted or signed has underachieved under Gun. I don't think there is any doubt that much of our talent problems on defense stem from poor coaching.

Even Derrick Thomas regressed under that stupid fuck.

Pollard and Johnson should both be used in a downhill role. Pollard shows flashes and can hit like a mofo, but he's wildly underperformed his draft status. He needs to have a damned good year to prove that he belongs.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Gunther Cunningham is a bag of shit. He's been the only coordinator DJ has known in the NFL. I'm not ready to throw him under the bus because he has serious athletic ability and until I see how he performs in a real scheme, and not one that has him playing the middle, weak side or strong side in 3 straight seasons, I will keep an open-mind about him.

I recall Pollard making some hits and kicking some ass. Aside from the Denver home game, was DJ even on the field?

Even Derrick Thomas regressed under that stupid fuck.

Pollard and Johnson should both be used in a downhill role. Pollard shows flashes and can hit like a mofo, but he's wildly underperformed his draft status. He needs to have a damned good year to prove that he belongs.

This.

-King-
02-07-2009, 08:48 PM
The only starters staying on defense will be Hali, Dorsey, DJ, Carr, Flowers, Page, and Pollard, the other 6 will either be backups or off the roster completely. Hali needs to go back to LE, Dorsey needs to prove that he is worthy of the 5th pick. DJ needs to act like a #1 pick again. Flowers and Carr are good and are stars to come. Page and Pollard need to actually show that they need to be starters. If not, they will be back ups next year too.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-07-2009, 08:52 PM
The only starters staying on defense will be Hali, Dorsey, DJ, Carr, Flowers, Page, and Pollard, the other 6 will either be backups or off the roster completely. Hali needs to go back to LE, Dorsey needs to prove that he is worthy of the 5th pick. DJ needs to act like a #1 pick again. Flowers and Carr are good and are stars to come. Page and Pollard need to actually show that they need to be starters. If not, they will be back ups next year too.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrjwaqZfjIY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrjwaqZfjIY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Flowers, Carr, Leggitt( who won Defensive Rookie of the Year for you idiots who seem to keep forgetting him ), Dorsey, and END OF LIST GOOD FUCKING NIGHT.