PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs after Julius Peppers/ Big Terd punches Lechler in the face

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-06-2009, 03:37 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24099661/

With the hiring of head coach Todd Haley, the Chiefs finally have their leadership team in place. Now newly hired GM Scott Pioli must turn his attention to spending the boatload of salary cap space the team has heading into next season. Word is Julius Peppers could be high on their list of targets, but then it's hard to find a team that wouldn't be interested in a pass rushing talent like Peppers. (Kansas City Star)
Sources: Raiders DT punched punter in the face (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/06/SP0S15O96E.DTL)
Pro Bowl punter Shane Lechler, a free agent, has been one of the few bright spots for an otherwise depressing Raiders franchise the last few years. So it's surprising that, according to multiple sources, the team did nothing to 350-pound defensive tackle Terdell Sands after he allegedly punched Lechler in the face during an argument on a team flight on Nov. 23. If the Raiders don't tag Lechler they're more likely to use their one franchise designation on shutdown corner Nnamdi Asomugha. The incident could make him even more likely to take an offer with another team. (San Francisco Chronicle)

OnTheWarpath15
02-06-2009, 03:41 PM
More speculation and no real insight from the KC media.

Word is Julius Peppers could be high on their list of targets...

I want to be a journalist:

"Word is that Mark Sanchez or Matt Stafford could be targets of the Chiefs 1st round pick."

There, that was easy.

MVChiefFan
02-06-2009, 03:42 PM
"word is that if the Colts release Peyton Manning then Pioli and Chiefs could be interested."

OnTheWarpath15
02-06-2009, 03:43 PM
"word is that if the Colts release Peyton Manning then Pioli and Chiefs could be interested."

FTW!

MVChiefFan
02-06-2009, 03:44 PM
"word is the Chiefs would not be interested in pursuing Stephen Hawking if he decides he wants to try to be a QB in the NFL."

DaKCMan AP
02-06-2009, 03:46 PM
"Word is DaKCMan AP is awesome."

CupidStunt
02-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Not a chance.

rad
02-06-2009, 03:50 PM
"Word is DaKCMan AP has achieved self-fellation."

Fixed.

rad
02-06-2009, 03:52 PM
"Word out of KC is if Scott Pioli's aunt had a penis, she would, indeed, be his uncle."

Frazod
02-06-2009, 03:52 PM
I would love to see that pain in the ass Lechler out of the division.

MVChiefFan
02-06-2009, 03:53 PM
I would love to see that pain in the ass Lechler out of the division.

If he goes to the NFC then look out Pro Bowl...here comes Colquitt!

kysirsoze
02-06-2009, 03:56 PM
I don't see Pioli spending on one player what he would have to spend to get Peppers.

L.A. Chieffan
02-06-2009, 03:57 PM
i heard something will happen. something will happen.

boogblaster
02-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Nothin happens without input from GoBoy ... tel us the facts oh insighter ...

CoMoChief
02-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Well im glad were going after Peppers when we dont have Jared Allen.

unothadeal
02-06-2009, 04:20 PM
We are absolutely, positively, 100% almost certain Peppers could come to KC for a visit.

Warrior5
02-06-2009, 04:23 PM
"We are absolutely, positively, 100% almost certain Peppers could come to KC for a visit" stated a source close to the Chiefs.

added to your post.

FloridaMan88
02-06-2009, 04:23 PM
This is what we call a classic overblown rumor.

NBC Sports apparently picked up the following part of Adam Teicher's article today about the Chiefs salary cap situation and some how concluded that the Chiefs were going to try to sign Peppers:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/1020344.html

Go ahead and assemble that free-agent wish list, Chiefs fans. Dream big, because salary-cap room won’t be a problem.

And with new coach Todd Haley finally in the fold, he and general manager Scott Pioli can go to town.

A quarterback like New England’s Matt Cassel? Pioli knows about him firsthand.

A linebacker like Arizona’s Karlos Dansby? Haley watched him in practice every day of the season.

The Chiefs would be able to sign both those players and then some like Carolina’s pass-rusher Julius Peppers. Research by The Kansas City Star shows the Chiefs have salary-cap commitments of about $85.6 million, or about $37 million less than the projected NFL limit of $123 million.

Fat Elvis
02-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP View Post
"Word is DaKCMan AP has achieved self-fellation."

Fixed.

I think that is giving him WAY too much credit....

bevis369
02-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Fatlock:fart:RaiduhsRaiduhsRaiduhsRaiduhsRaiduhsRaiduhs:o)

keg in kc
02-06-2009, 05:59 PM
I think that is giving him WAY too much credit....Unless the inference is that his lack of spine allows him to reach his mosquito-sized penis.

beavis
02-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Would be awesome to have Peppers.

Don't think it has much of a chance of happening though.

bowener
02-06-2009, 06:22 PM
After reading about the big Turd punch, I am starting to feel bad for the kids that get stuck in that shit hole. They try hard their whole lives to get into the NFL, so hard in fact, they become top draft picks. By doing so, they assure that they stand the good chance of being drafted by the Shit Hole and losing for the rest of their sports careers.

The Raiders may be a reason alone for future decline in talent coming into the top of the 1st round. Some kids may let their skills challenges slide a little to get out of being drafted by them.

RealSNR
02-06-2009, 06:28 PM
IS THE DEAL DONE YET?????//

OctoberFart
02-06-2009, 07:04 PM
"word is that if the Colts release Peyton Manning then Pioli and Chiefs could be interested." PER CLAYTON WENDLER from WPI

I fixed it for you.

DaKCMan AP
02-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Fixed.

Don't allow your inferiority complex to thrust your life ambition upon me. My greatness is well known, however I cannot claim the specific talent of which you speak. Never have I, nor will I, attempt to do that which you speak of and aspire to.

DaKCMan AP
02-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Unless the inference is that his lack of spine allows him to reach his mosquito-sized penis.

This coming from a fat slob whose self description is "dumb, crazy and ugly"?

keg in kc
02-06-2009, 07:10 PM
This coming from a fat slob whose self description is "dumb, crazy and ugly"?Hey, I was just trying to make sense out of the other guy's post. Take it up with him. :D

And FTR, I've never referred to myself as either crazy or dumb. :harumph:

It's fat, ugly and poor. Get it right.

DaKCMan AP
02-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Hey, I was just trying to make sense out of the other guy's post. Take it up with him. :D

And FTR, I've never referred to myself as either crazy or dumb. :harumph:

It's fat, ugly and poor. Get it right.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5458209&postcount=116

:p

keg in kc
02-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Hey, I was just running with the theme at the time. And trying to be nice to the lady telling the story about the crazy ex-bf showing up to look at her all pregnant.

Just more proof that one moment of weakness can end you! I'll have to be more consistently asshole from now on.

DaKCMan AP
02-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Just more proof that one moment of weakness can end you! I'll have to be more consistently asshole from now on.

That's the spirit! :thumb:

rad
02-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Don't allow your inferiority complex to thrust your life ambition upon me. My greatness is well known, however I cannot claim the specific talent of which you speak. Never have I, nor will I, attempt to do that which you speak of and aspire to.

Wow. I guess the metaphor went above your head. Sorry.

DaKCMan AP
02-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Wow. I guess the metaphor went above your head. Sorry.

I got it. Just dishing some out. Awesome style. ;)