PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Clark Hunt: We are all impressed with what Chan Gailey...

OnTheWarpath15
02-06-2009, 03:56 PM
...was able to accomplish last season, given the terrible nature of our QB position.

In response to a question from Todd Leabo, of 810 Sports.

Sorry, Tyler Thigpen fans, but the owner of the franchise has spoken.

As Keitzman just said, "LET IT GO, FOLKS."

No Thigpen.

No Croyle.

Sure-Oz
02-06-2009, 03:57 PM
OHH NOOOEEESZZZZZZZZZZ

unothadeal
02-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Could he have been referring to the injuries?

JuicesFlowing
02-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Is Huard dead yet?

The_Doctor10
...was able to accomplish last season, given the terrible nature of our QB position.

In response to a question from Todd Leabo, of 810 Sports.

Sorry, Tyler Thigpen fans, but the owner of the franchise has spoken.

As Keitzman just said, "LET IT GO, FOLKS."

No Thigpen.

No Croyle.

Is that really calling Thigpen a horrible QB? Or is it 'Chan did a pretty good job considering his starting QB turned out to made of pyrus paper, his backup QB quit, and he spent the last half of the season with essentially a raw rookie'?

alpha_omega
I would agree with no Croyle, but i can't see how you deduce no Thigpen from what you quoted.
Sounds like he is referring to the injury situation alone.

L.A. Chieffan
thigpen deserves 2 more seasons. 2011 draft will have good qbs

FloridaMan88
02-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Clark said nice things about Herm before Pioli eliminated him.

The offense is going to be Haley's baby and he'll want his own guys in charge of it.

raybec 4

could be but Thiggy wasn't injured, he just wasn't that good.

Fritz88
very very interesting commento..hmm

OnTheWarpath15
02-06-2009, 04:02 PM

No.

You can tell in the tone of his voice, and the fact that every opportunity he gets, he talks about the importance of drafting a QBOTF.

This is at least the 4th time he's taken a swipe at the QB play in the past 6 weeks, including an interview with Mitch Holthus.

boogblaster
02-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Suit 'em up and play ball ....

dirk digler
02-06-2009, 04:13 PM
I guess this means Gailey is coming back?

Pasta Little Brioni
02-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Clark is the man.

ottawa_chiefs_fan
02-06-2009, 04:15 PM
I think he was talking about the injury situation, not the fact that Tyler couldn't consistently throw the ball downfield.

CoMoChief
02-06-2009, 04:18 PM
He was talking about losing the starter in week1. No one expected that to happen, and then lose your 2nd stringer as well. Im thinking he was talking about the situation heading into the reg season, not so much a shot a Thigpen.

MOhillbilly
02-06-2009, 04:20 PM
I think he was talking about the injury situation, not the fact that Tyler couldn't consistently throw the ball downfield.

3/5 of a line will do that to a qb.

OnTheWarpath15
He was talking about losing the starter in week1. No one expected that to happen, and then lose your 2nd stringer as well. Im thinking he was talking about the situation heading into the reg season, not so much a shot a Thigpen.

Then you haven't listened this ENTIRE offseason.

Even the guys at 810 think the same, and KK is about as against drafting a QB as you get.

DeezNutz
It was a sweeping comment, for sure.

But if Tyler really factored into the long-term plans of this organization, Clark would have been more precise and/or careful.

The pop-gun offense has popped.

If Thigpen can adjust to a pro-set, great. But I'm not holding my breath.

OnTheWarpath15
02-06-2009, 04:22 PM
It was a sweeping comment, for sure.

But if Tyler really factored into the long-term plans of this organization, Clark would have been more precise and/or careful.

The pop-gun offense has popped.

If Thigpen can adjust to a pro-set, great. But I'm not holding my breath.

Bingo.

The guy has been exacting and methodical the entire offseason.

EXCEPT when it comes to his comments regarding his desire to draft and develop a franchise QB.

That's the ONE thing he has been candid about.

DeezNutz
02-06-2009, 04:23 PM

Even the guys at 810 think the same, and KK is about as against drafting a QB as you get.

Kietzman against drafting a QB?

No, he's all for it. Round 1, whenever. In fact, he's said repeatedly that he thinks the team should draft a QB every single year.

He's not a True Fan in this respect. He's been arguing with Jack Harry and others that the Chiefs have long undervalued the position.

CoMoChief
02-06-2009, 04:23 PM

I could give a **** what any of those ass clowns have to say. 810 610 Jack Harry, Athan, etc.

They all have as much credibilty as Mickey Mouse........and let that be an insult to Mickey Mouse.

OnTheWarpath15
02-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Kietzman against drafting a QB?

No, he's all for it. Round 1, whenever. In fact, he's said repeatedly that he thinks the team should draft a QB every single year.

He's not a True Fan in this respect. He's been arguing with Jack Harry and others that the Chiefs have long undervalued the position.

I may have him confused with one of the other guys, then. I don't listen enough to know who's voice is who's.

My mistake.

dirk digler
02-06-2009, 04:25 PM

Edit: DeeNutz cleared it up.

KK prior to the draft last year wanted Matt Ryan and thought Brodie was fragile

OnTheWarpath15
02-06-2009, 04:26 PM
I could give a **** what any of those ass clowns have to say. 810 610 Jack Harry, Athan, etc.

They all have as much credibilty as Mickey Mouse........and let that be an insult to Mickey Mouse.

Do you care what the OWNER says?

Because he's gone out of his way to make this comment not once, not twice, not three times, but FOUR TIMES to the same media outlets that he has been on lockdown with on every other topic under discussion.

OnTheWarpath15
That is wrong. KK all last offseason was saying they should draft Matt Ryan.

See above. My mistake.

DeezNutz
I may have him confused with one of the other guys, then. I don't listen enough to know who's voice is who's.

My mistake.

No biggie.

His takes are such that one could easily assume he'd take a dumbass position. But with regard to the QB position, I'd be shocked if you didn't agree completely with his view that the organization has to put a higher priority on it.

He was blasting callers a day ago who were claiming that O-line was the most important position on the field.

He made douchebags say, "Will Shields is more important than Peyton Manning" as a form of therapy.

OnTheWarpath15
02-06-2009, 04:27 PM
No biggie.

His takes are such that one could easily assume he'd take a dumbass position. But with regard to the QB position, I'd be shocked if you didn't agree completely with his view that the organization has to put a high priority on it.

He was blasting callers a day ago who were claiming that O-line was the most important position on the field.

He made douchebags say, "Will Shields is more important than Peyton Manning" as a form of therapy.

Awesome.

dirk digler
02-06-2009, 04:28 PM
See above. My mistake.

You're not allowed to make mistakes her :)

OnTheWarpath15
02-06-2009, 04:29 PM

Hey, at least I own up to mine...

:D

sedated
02-06-2009, 04:32 PM

EXCEPT when it comes to his comments regarding his desire to draft and develop a franchise QB.

because every team is open about who they do and don't want to draft

dirk digler
02-06-2009, 04:32 PM

LMAO

Very true

Frazod
02-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Didn't he say something similarly nice about Herm just before he slit his throat?

I've given up predicting what these guys are going to or when they're going to do it, or believing any rumors about what they're doing or when.

I'll just take solace in the knowledge that whatever they do will be better that what their predecessors did.

So I guess it's back to "Ginger or Mary Ann?"

kstater
02-06-2009, 04:40 PM
It's funny watching those clinging to Thigpen like he's worth a damn.

MOhillbilly
02-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Didn't he say something similarly nice about Herm just before he slit his throat?

kill them with kindness.

its on the wall in big huge bold letters.

OnTheWarpath15
02-06-2009, 04:51 PM

THIS.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2009, 06:05 PM

No inside info, and no, I don't care for the idea.

I just have a feeling that Haley is not even on Pioli's radar - regardless of the connection.

If I were a betting man, I'd take the field.

I should have taken that bet! :D

From a logical standpoint, I chose Haley.

IMO, it doesn't make any sense not to have hired a coach that's currently unemployed (Shanahan, Cowher, etc.) or a coach from the college ranks before the Senior Bowl, let alone the Super Bowl.

That leaves coordinators still coaching. Arians and LeBeau are out for obvious reasons, which leaves Pendergast and Haley.

Pendergast has never been mentioned as a head coaching candidate, anywhere. That leaves Haley.

Since Haley has ties with Pioli, I'd say he's the choice.

When would they have had time to interview all their candidates, and hire someone?

Herm was just fired a week ago today. Late in the day. Any potential new hire already missed the Senior Bowl.

That means they had 2 days to conduct interviews and make an announcement, as the NFL prefers you not overshadow the SB and make big news. Neither Pioli or Clark are the types to ruffle the feathers of the league, unlike Al Davis.

I think a lot of people are going to be surprised, and disappointed when it's not Haley.

Good times! :D

OnTheWarpath15
02-06-2009, 06:07 PM
I should have taken that bet! :D

Good times! :D

I'll eat my crow, just like I always have.

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2009, 06:08 PM
I'll eat my crow, just like I always have.

Oh, I know. I'm just having fun. No offense!

Brock
02-06-2009, 06:10 PM
I guess we've got the offensive coordinator situation nailed down, then.

Mecca
02-06-2009, 06:13 PM

It's extremely funny, it's even more rampant on other forums than it is on this one.

Even our owner thinks Tyler Thigpen blows, it's time for his underdog loving supporters to deal with it.

FAX
02-06-2009, 06:23 PM
I couldn't be happier with Clark. ... Well, I could be if he'd come over and wash the siding on my house, but I don't think he's going to do that so I'll take what I can get.

He's proven himself to be an owner who wants to win and is taking the necessary and appropriate steps designed to accomplish that goal. I've really come to terms with the fact that I trust his judgment on this deal. So if he wants to keep Gailey or Thiggy or Piggy or Jenny the Waitress with the enormous tittaws and protruding belly, it's okay by me.

Personally, I agree with you guys who think he wants to draft a franchise quarterback. I would be very surprised if he and Pioli and Haley haven't already agreed on it. With about a dozen back-up plans in place, of course.

FAX

StcChief
02-06-2009, 06:30 PM
well if Thiggy didn't impress Clark fine. doesn't make him less of a backup filling in for Croyle and Huard.... did his best with skills he has. Is he a 2 or 3? kinda up to him to prove he can run in a proset.

stevieray
02-06-2009, 06:31 PM
I couldn't be happier with Clark. ... Well, I could be if he'd come over and wash the siding on my house, but I don't think he's going to do that so I'll take what I can get.

He's proven himself to be an owner who wants to win and is taking the necessary and appropriate steps designed to accomplish that goal. I've really come to terms with the fact that I trust his judgment on this deal. So if he wants to keep Gailey or Thigpen or Piggy or Jenny the Waitress with the enormous tittaws and protruding belly, it's okay by me.

Personally, I agree with you guys who think he wants to draft a franchise quarterback. I would be very surprised if he and Pioli and Haley haven't already agreed on it. With about a dozen back-up plans in place, of course.

FAX

exactly. This offseason has been fantastic...The Chiefs are truly young now...new practice facility...new stadium...young owner, GM and HC with a great eye for talent...I'm confident that they will make the right choice regarding Thigpen, etc..

i'll wash your siding, FAX, if you''ll play guitar really loud..

milkman
02-06-2009, 08:30 PM

Her?

Mistakes not allowed.

Extra Point
02-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Thiggy shot his mouth off. Sink or swim, he's on his own. Might make for a good Dolphin.

SAUTO
02-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Bingo.

That's the ONE thing he has been candid about.

where has he said we need to DRAFT a qb? link?

Mecca
02-06-2009, 08:54 PM

When he took over last year he consistently said it was very important to draft and develop a franchise QB.

SAUTO
02-06-2009, 08:54 PM
When he took over last year he consistently said it was very important to draft and develop a franchise QB.

try again he said THIS OFFSEASON. link?

Mecca
02-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Jason really should be a poster over at WPI or the coalition.

OnTheWarpath15
02-06-2009, 08:57 PM

He's said it in an interview with Petro when Carl was fired and in an interview with Mitch Holthus when Carl was fired. IIRC, he said it again in an interview with Holthus after Pioli was hired, and again today.

And that's just counting the times he's said it in the last 6-8 weeks.

You should be able to find video of the two interviews with Holthus, since you seem to think I'm making this up...

SAUTO
02-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Jason really should be a poster over at WPI or the coalition.

why because i will call out people? i'm all for drafting a qb, at 3 even, just dont make shit up. if clark has said that this offseason fine. i havent heard it soooooo... link?

ILChief
02-06-2009, 08:58 PM
try again he said THIS OFFSEASON. link?

http://www.claudatos.com/zelda/link.jpg

OnTheWarpath15
02-06-2009, 08:58 PM
why because i will call out people? i'm all for drafting a qb, at 3 even, just dont make shit up. if clark has said that this offseason fine. i havent heard it soooooo... link?

How about fuck off?

I have no reason to make this up - it's common fucking knowledge.

SAUTO
02-06-2009, 08:59 PM
He's said it in an interview with Petro when Carl was fired and in an interview with Mitch Holthus when Carl was fired. IIRC, he said it again in an interview with Holthus after Pioli was hired, and again today.

And that's just counting the times he's said it in the last 6-8 weeks.

You should be able to find video of the two interviews with Holthus, since you seem to think I'm making this up...

maybe you are reading too much into what he has said. what you posted in this thread says nothing about drafting anything, i have listened to just about every interview and have never heard him say we needed to draft a qb. sorry

Mecca
02-06-2009, 09:00 PM
How about fuck off?

Dude it's Jason.

Trying to use common knowledge as your starting point doesn't work he acts like it doesn't exist.

SAUTO
02-06-2009, 09:02 PM
How about fuck off?

ROFL ok man.
i'll stand by what i have said, i dont recall him sayind anything about drafting any position, he wouldnt why? that would kinda put the new gm in a bad spot with the fanbase who are expecting a qb that the gm might not deliver

SAUTO
02-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Dude it's Jason.

Trying to use common knowledge as your starting point doesn't work he acts like it doesn't exist.

common knowledge to who? link?

Mecca
02-06-2009, 09:03 PM
My point exactly..

Say anything and Jason will ask for a link, he doesn't even believe in common knowledge.

SAUTO
02-06-2009, 09:06 PM
My point exactly..

Say anything and Jason will ask for a link, he doesn't even believe in common knowledge.

hey genius i was asking for the link to him saying he wanted to draft a qb

BigMeatballDave
02-06-2009, 09:24 PM
thigpen deserves 2 more seasons. STFU

ChiefsCountry
02-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Clark wants to write that 75 million dollar check to Sanchez or Stafford.

Dave Lane
02-06-2009, 10:35 PM

No Keitzman is a HUGE proponent of drafting a QB way up in the draft like #3

OnTheWarpath15
02-06-2009, 10:37 PM
No Keitzman is a HUGE proponent of drafting a QB way up in the draft like #3

Read the whole thread, Dave.

It was determined right away that I was mistaken. I confused KK with someone else. My mistake.