PDA

View Full Version : Poop Dumping Dish Notwork

Dinny Bossa Nova
02-06-2009, 07:11 PM
For the last 8 months, Dish Notwork has been giving us fits. When we change the channel we get an error message "searching for sattelite signal". After a few reboots, up and down channel button and you are required to pay for this channel, it would function again.

Today it would not come back around at all.

After 3 hours on the phone with Haji, he informed me the "only" option was to have a tech come out. When I told him there WAS another option called Direct TV, and we wanted our service disconnected, he said he was transferring us to a customer relations representative. Then he hung up on us.

Direct TV will be installed Thursday. I have 6 years experience with them in the past. They were less than perfect, but the last 8 months of Dish Notwork has been un****ingbelievable.

My head hurts. I think I need a pill.

Dinny

Hammock Parties
02-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Did you have their 1080p service?

Buck
02-06-2009, 07:15 PM
I see what you did there.

Skip Towne
02-06-2009, 07:16 PM
I hear you.

Reerun_KC
02-06-2009, 07:17 PM
For the last 8 months, Dish Notwork has been giving us fits. When we change the channel we get an error message "searching for sattelite signal". After a few reboots, up and down channel button and you are required to pay for this channel, it would function again.

Today it would not come back around at all.

After 3 hours on the phone with Haji, he informed me the "only" option was to have a tech come out. When I told him there WAS another option called Direct TV, and we wanted our service disconnected, he said he was transferring us to a customer relations representative. Then he hung up on us.

Direct TV will be installed Thursday. I have 6 years experience with them in the past. They were less than perfect, but the last 8 months of Dish Notwork has been un****ingbelievable.

My head hurts. I think I need a pill.

Dinny

DTV is the way to go, 1000 times better than cable and DNW.....

Dinny Bossa Nova
02-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Did you have their 1080p service?

Direct TV? No.

Dish Notwork? No.

Dinny

Dinny Bossa Nova
02-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Thanks Skip, I have thought about you alot today.

Cable is not available here in the boonies, but if it were, I'd have it for the internet more than the TV.

Dinny

bsp4444
02-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Wish I saw this about an hour ago. I just switched from DirecTV to Dish Network. Phone company bundled everything up for me and DirecTV wanted to charge me a bunch to upgrade to HD. The price was right to change, hope I don't regret it for the service.

Dinny Bossa Nova
02-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Wish I saw this about an hour ago. I just switched from DirecTV to Dish Network. Phone company bundled everything up for me and DirecTV wanted to charge me a bunch to upgrade to HD. The price was right to change, hope I don't regret it for the service.

Dish network would be fine if it worked. That's the whole problem.

It just DOES NOT WORK. It doesn't work.

The only problem I had with Direct TV was a real bad rain storm, or go out to sweep snow off the dish. At least it worked.

Cancel if you can. I hope you have better luck with Dish, but I would not count on it.

Dinny

Hammock Parties
02-06-2009, 07:55 PM
DTV doesn't have 1080p as far as I know. I saw some ads for 1080p on Dish Network and it briefly made me feel jealous.

excessive
02-06-2009, 08:04 PM
I've had dish network for over a year now with no problems and just love it. Had it previously at another location and had all the similar problems Dinny mentioned. The difference I think is the installation. This time the techs knew what they were doing and I have a good location out of the wind. Previously the dish was exposed and a would get blown off signal constantly.

Dish network does have 1080p but just on their video on demand purchases. Otherwise it is 1080i, but because my AV receiver has an upconverter, all HD signals are viewed as 1080p. It's like watching a Bluray all the time. Very sweet

Dinny Bossa Nova
02-06-2009, 08:05 PM
DTV doesn't have 1080p as far as I know. I saw some ads for 1080p on Dish Network and it briefly made me feel jealous.

Standing on the cutting edge of technology is expensive and makes my feet bleed.

I'm waiting to make the jump to HD. I don't know why. Maybe that's why I'm still waiting.

Dinny

Hammock Parties
02-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Once you see a football game in HD you won't want to watch it any other way.

Skip Towne
02-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Standing on the cutting edge of technology is expensive and makes my feet bleed.

I'm waiting to make the jump to HD. I don't know why. Maybe that's why I'm still waiting.

Dinny

If you are going to want HD I'd go ahead and get it while you are switching. They will give you an HD dish and DVR I think. Once you're an established customer neither company will give you shit.

Sam Hall
02-06-2009, 08:16 PM
720p is good enough for me. It makes standard definition look blurry.

Dinny Bossa Nova
02-06-2009, 08:31 PM
If you are going to want HD I'd go ahead and get it while you are switching. They will give you an HD dish and DVR I think. Once you're an established customer neither company will give you shit.

They will give us standard or HD receivers for free as a new customer. But they want an additional $9.99 a month for each HD receiver. If we want to upgrade to an HD receiver later, it will cost $99 and we own it. We are not ready to buy the HD TV right now, so the extra 20 bucks a month on the bill didn't seem justified.

When we do buy a new TV, we will just upgrade one of the receivers, and decided $99 at that time would be acceptable. At least the fockin thing will work.

Nobody rides for free.

Dinny

Skip Towne
02-06-2009, 08:49 PM
They will give us standard or HD receivers for free as a new customer. But they want an additional $9.99 a month for each HD receiver. If we want to upgrade to an HD receiver later, it will cost $99 and we own it. We are not ready to buy the HD TV right now, so the extra 20 bucks a month on the bill didn't seem justified.

When we do buy a new TV, we will just upgrade one of the receivers, and decided $99 at that time would be acceptable. At least the fockin thing will work.

Nobody rides for free.

Dinny

I quit doing satellite TV 6 months ago so things may have changed. But at that time there was no way you could own a dvr even if you "bought" it from Best Buy. Also, it was $9.99 per household, not per receiver.

Dinny Bossa Nova
02-06-2009, 09:01 PM
I quit doing satellite TV 6 months ago so things may have changed. But at that time there was no way you could own a dvr even if you "bought" it from Best Buy. Also, it was $9.99 per household, not per receiver.

No, we're not getting DVRs, just receivers. Trying to avoid time on the phone with Haji. A DVR sounds like just one more potential problem.

If it were only $9.99 per household for the HD receivers, we probably would have went for it. But it was definitely per receiver. No dice.

Dinny

SLAG
02-06-2009, 09:03 PM
I had Dish Network - No problems ... I dumped them
I had ATT Uverse - No Problems - Still have U-Verse Internet.... I dumped the TV

We have been TV Free for almost 2 months - We watch DVD's sometimes, and the kids get to have an Hr of DVD time in the evenings - Its awesome

Skip Towne
02-06-2009, 09:18 PM
No, we're not getting DVRs, just receivers. Trying to avoid time on the phone with Haji. A DVR sounds like just one more potential problem.

If it were only $9.99 per household for the HD receivers, we probably would have went for it. But it was definitely per receiver. No dice.

Dinny

It looks like they have changed things. Good. The needed to.