PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Giants Possibly Interested in Gonzo?

Marco Polo
02-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Per Rotoworld:

The Newark Star Ledger speculates that the Giants might have an "ace up their sleeve" when it comes to fixing their passing game.
The paper points out that New York was quick to sever ties with free agent Amani Toomer and doesn't seem agreeable on Plaxico Burrees. Possibilities mentioned: Anquan Boldin, Tony Gonzalez, and Braylon Edwards. Edwards is least likely of the three to move because Cleveland has nothing after him at wideout, but Gonzo can be had. The Giants nearly traded for him last fall.

penchief
02-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Per Rotoworld:

The Newark Star Ledger speculates that the Giants might have an "ace up their sleeve" when it comes to fixing their passing game.
The paper points out that New York was quick to sever ties with free agent Amani Toomer and doesn't seem agreeable on Plaxico Burrees. Possibilities mentioned: Anquan Boldin, Tony Gonzalez, and Braylon Edwards. Edwards is least likely of the three to move because Cleveland has nothing after him at wideout, but Gonzo can be had. The Giants nearly traded for him last fall.

I'm sure they regret not offering their late second round pick for him last season. Not having that go-to guy in the playoffs really hurt them.

chiefscafan
02-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Hmm not sure if this is a wise move can we throw LJ in this deal as well and get a 2nd or 3rd? Much rather get rid of LJ than TG.

OnTheWarpath15
02-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Hmm not sure if this is a wise move can we throw LJ in this deal as well and get a 2nd or 3rd? Much rather get rid of LJ than TG.

Why would the Giants want LJ, when they can resign Jacobs/Ward who are both better, and possibly (definitely in the case of Ward) cheaper?

SAUTO
02-08-2009, 11:05 AM

yeah the giants need a rb :rolleyes:

Marco Polo
02-08-2009, 11:06 AM

They are talking a long-term contract with Brandon Jacobs. If that doesn't work out, LJ would LOVE a trade to New York so he can move in with HOVA and Beyonce.

Basileus777
02-08-2009, 11:06 AM
It would be wise for them. Without Plax they have the worst receiving corps in the NFL.

The Bad Guy
02-08-2009, 11:07 AM
If the Giants want Gonzalez, then I'm not accepting anything less than a 2nd rounder/conditional first.

Tony Gonzalez puts the Giants way, way over the top.

EyePod
02-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Looks like pure speculation to me.

chiefscafan
02-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Yeah boss is good but he's not the possesion receiver that TG is. Rumors were that at the last second Philly and giants both offered the second but carl said no. He had to have his greatest draft pick on the roster LOL. I'm glad he's gone what an ego. I heard it for years on here but didn't see it till hard knocks. A 25 minute show which was dedicated about 15 mind every week to the king give me a break. Even in my mind looked like a bigger duche than bush in their meeting.

All say it one more time THANK God NO MORE CARL!!!

EyePod
02-08-2009, 11:09 AM
If the Giants want Gonzalez, then I'm not accepting anything less than a 2nd rounder/conditional first.

Tony Gonzalez puts the Giants way, way over the top.

You'll never get that. He's only gonna be playing for 1-2 more seasons. If we could only get a 3rd last season, there's no way that we're going to get a 2nd this season.

chiefscafan
02-08-2009, 11:10 AM
No OTW

I'm saying I wish we could throw him in I'd rather keep TG

OnTheWarpath15
02-08-2009, 11:12 AM
No OTW

I'm saying I wish we could throw him in I'd rather keep TG

Why would the Giants want LJ?

milkman
02-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Yeah boss is good but he's not the possesion receiver that TG is. Rumors were that at the last second Philly and giants both offered the second but carl said no. He had to have his greatest draft pick on the roster LOL. I'm glad he's gone what an ego. I heard it for years on here but didn't see it till hard knocks. A 25 minute show which was dedicated about 15 mind every week to the king give me a break. Even in my mind looked like a bigger duche than bush in their meeting.

All say it one more time THANK God NO MORE CARL!!!

No the Pack offered a third, which Carl originally accepted, but then changed his mind at the last second and asked for a second and the deal fell through.

No one offered a 2nd.

milkman
02-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Why would the Giants want LJ?

Because they won't want the Eagles to get Tony and LJ for their two firsts, silly.

OnTheWarpath15
Because they won't want the Eagles to get Tony and LJ for their two firsts, silly.

:doh!:

chiefscafan
Who knows desperate teams sometimes do desperate things. I'd rather have Jacobs too. But if LJ went to NY I give within a year of being arrested LOL now that guy is an assclown.

chiefscafan
02-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Milkman sorry I heard Philly had offered the second and giants not wanting to go there had offered a second. I have a feeling if pioli wants to trade tony he could get these two to bid against each other.

Now LJ pioli is gonna have to be a miracle worker.

Fritz88
02-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Pioli believes in having respectable veteran players in the locker room. Gonzo is the best one he could ever dream of.

My theory, TG stays, LJ unstays.

JimNasium
02-08-2009, 11:22 AM
To the ship?

Fat Elvis
02-08-2009, 11:35 AM
To the ship?

I still don't know where that originated....

chiefscafan
02-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah but as I said before to move LJ for anything pioli is gonna have to be a miracle worker.

The Bad Guy
02-08-2009, 11:41 AM
You'll never get that. He's only gonna be playing for 1-2 more seasons. If we could only get a 3rd last season, there's no way that we're going to get a 2nd this season.

Then if I can't get that - he stays.

The Franchise
02-08-2009, 11:47 AM
I'll take a 2nd...but it's not going to happen.

OnTheWarpath15
02-08-2009, 11:48 AM
I'll take a 2nd...but it's not going to happen.

With this draft class, I'll gladly take a 3rd.

Deberg_1990
02-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Wasnt Carl offered a 3rd or 4th last year and declined?

OnTheWarpath15
02-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Wasnt Carl offered a 3rd or 4th last year and declined?

Reports said the Packers offered a 3rd, then Carl balked and demanded a 2nd at the deadline.

We'd have 4 of the first 73 picks had he made that deal.

aturnis
Pioli believes in having respectable veteran players in the locker room. Gonzo is the best one he could ever dream of.

My theory, TG stays, LJ unstays.

This.

If Tony went, it'd have to be for a 2nd rounder. Also, saying they wouldn't pay it is crazy. They have to know that if they had Tony, their chances of making the Superbowl would have been a lot higher. If they get one more decent receiver this year, some talent in the draft, and Tony, they'd be pretty hard to stop. If he was worth a 3rd only months ago, after the way he finished the season, he's definitely worth a 2nd. Would you give up a 2nd rounder to win the Superbowl next season?

blueballs
Haley sounds like a pass happy coach
Tony G will stay if asked to
love Huard - loves Thigpen - stats

StcChief
02-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Wasnt Carl offered a 3rd or 4th last year and declined?Pioli <> Carl. Love to see LJ go and Gonzo stay. but business is well. business.

morphius
02-08-2009, 11:55 AM
I'd still want a second, because without him we really have very little passing game for any QB.

CupidStunt
02-08-2009, 12:04 PM
I'll take any second, most likely a late one, but if not I'd keep him for Sanchez' development.

chiefscafan
02-08-2009, 12:25 PM
I don't know if we can get a second if we could be awesome just don't think it will happen

blueballs
02-08-2009, 12:29 PM
last year was the first decent 2nd rounder picked in KC in like forever
it's a totally different regime -but that jinix hoovers like a tire fire cloud
Chief fans can only handle just so much change in one 1/4 year

ChiefRon
02-08-2009, 12:34 PM
I just don't see it happening. Clark has said he wants TG to retire a Chief.

TG will retire a Chief.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-08-2009, 12:49 PM
I'll take any second, most likely a late one, but if not I'd keep him for Sanchez' development.

I like it! It's good to see people posting like Mark is a done deal; think positive!

Time's Yours
02-08-2009, 12:58 PM
I think Tony would make Eli look a lot better instantly. Look what he did for Huard and Thigpen.

Last season I was all for trading him. I've changed my mind now. I think it will help a young QB A LOT having him to go to. Easier completions equals boost in confidence.

Sure-Oz
02-08-2009, 01:00 PM
2nd rounder at minimum baby

Micjones
02-08-2009, 01:32 PM
I'd ask for a 2nd Round pick, but settle for a 3rd.

It'd be great if he could stay and finish out his career in Kansas City, but I doubt he'll want to do that.
And do we really need him griping all next year too?

OnTheWarpath15
02-08-2009, 01:39 PM
I'd ask for a 2nd Round pick, but settle for a 3rd.

It'd be great if he could stay and finish out his career in Kansas City, but I doubt he'll want to do that.
And do we really need him griping all next year too?

Agreed.

TG has been my favorite player since DT died.

Yet, as of late, I'm getting tired of the "me first" bullshit.

He knew the Chiefs were going to suck when he signed that monster contract - one that no one else in the league would have given him at his age - yet he signed it anyway.

You'd think this process last year would have opened his eyes a bit - he was pissed that Carl didn't take the 3rd that Green Bay was offering - yet that trade would have resulted in a whopping 4 more wins, and no playoff appearance.

Careful what you wish for, Tony.

NickAthanFan
02-08-2009, 01:50 PM
This offseason KC is gonna "shock the world".

DaWolf
02-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Considering what the Giants got for Shockey, and considering that Gonzo was in the Pro Bowl and Shockey was at home, I think the Giants should know what the score is when it comes to compensation.

I'll say this: unless you are getting value back, I would not trade one of my major offensive weapons for an unproven commodity if I didn't have to. I would rather have the best TE in the game around to use in my gameplanning, especially if I am Todd Haley, than not. ESPECIALLY if we're talking about starting a young QB next year. If they do plan on trading Gonzo, a plan needs to be in place to bring in someone else to take his place as a playmaker, IE Crabtree, a free agent, etc...

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Getting rid of TG has got to be the stupidest notion in the history of the football internet. Why in the hell would you let a player go that is going to demand double coverage and still gain a thousand yard just like every year he's played . He hasn't fumbled not one time since 1912 BC and has more probowls than the rest of the team combined x 2 . If Pioli lets him get away for anything less than a 1st round pick I will be very dissapointed in Pioli!

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-08-2009, 02:44 PM
This offseason KC is gonna "shock the world".

I'm sorry but with a username like this you will NEVER have any credibility on this board so you might as well either just leave or go off yourself.

Saccopoo
02-08-2009, 03:44 PM
I know I've been shot down saying this before, but the Eagles need a Tony/Larry package. Don't tell me that McNabb wouldn't sell his soul for a safety valve like Tony and with Westbrook on a constant "probable" game day situation due to nagging injuries, LJ just makes sense. Philadelphia is a reliable tight end and an insurance policy for Westbrook away from the Super Bowl. As one poster said, you don't think that a trip to the Super Bowl is worth one of their two first round draft picks? It's got to be a better alternative to holding your breath to see if Westbrook will make it through the season intact and into the playoffs, as well as wasting the franchise tag yet again on a mediocre tight end like LJ Smith.

Saints gave up a 2nd and a 5th for Shockey in an effort to get there, and Shockey is half the tight end Tony is regardless of age. Dallas just gave Detroit a 1st and a 3rd for Roy Williams when they already had Terrell Owens on the roster. If Pioli is half the GM that people expect him to be, a 1st and a mid-range pick for TG/LJ from the Eagles should be a hypothetical possiblity.

This is the second year in a row where Tony has asked to go to a contender, and he probably deserves it. If he wants to retire a Chief, you bring him back after he's persued the contender dream and let him play one more season. Larry just has to go period, but he's still of value (how much remains to be seen and would likely have to be packaged with a player of Tony's caliber to get value out of it) in any trade possibility.

the Talking Can
02-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Getting rid of TG has got to be the stupidest notion in the history of the football internet. Why in the hell would you let a player go that is going to demand double coverage and still gain a thousand yard just like every year he's played . He hasn't fumbled not one time since 1912 BC and has more probowls than the rest of the team combined x 2 . If Pioli lets him get away for anything less than a 1st round pick I will be very dissapointed in Pioli!

we were 2-14 with him

we're going to blow this roster apart and groom a rookie QB

Gonzo won't be around when we are ready to compete....

we've already gotten 90% of his production

a 3rd will help us more in 3-4 years than a retired player will

no one is giving up a 1st or a second for a TE who has repeatedly said that he plans to play only 1 or 2 more years....not even in Madden

if we keep him, fine...but if someone offers a 3rd we should be prepared to take it....

the Talking Can
02-08-2009, 03:47 PM
I know I've been shot down saying this before, but the Eagles need a Tony/Larry package. Don't tell me that McNabb wouldn't sell his soul for a safety valve like Tony and with Westbrook on a constant "probable" game day situation due to nagging injuries, LJ just makes sense. Philadelphia is a reliable tight end and an insurance policy for Westbrook away from the Super Bowl. As one poster said, you don't think that a trip to the Super Bowl is worth one of their two first round draft picks? It's got to be a better alternative to holding your breath to see if Westbrook will make it through the season intact and into the playoffs, as well as wasting the franchise tag yet again on a mediocre tight end like LJ Smith.

Saints gave up a 2nd and a 5th for Shockey in an effort to get there, and Shockey is half the tight end Tony is regardless of age. Dallas just gave Detroit a 1st and a 3rd for Roy Williams when they already had Terrell Owens on the roster. If Pioli is half the GM that people expect him to be, a 1st and a mid-range pick for TG/LJ from the Eagles should be a hypothetical possiblity.

This is the second year in a row where Tony has asked to go to a contender, and he probably deserves it. If he wants to retire a Chief, you bring him back after he's persued the contender dream and let him play one more season. Larry just has to go period, but he's still of value (how much remains to be seen and would likely have to be packaged with a player of Tony's caliber to get value out of it) in any trade possibility.

jesus h christ....Philly didn't get good and stay good by making retarded trades for old players and worn out giant contract criminal RBs....

please stop it

Saccopoo
02-08-2009, 03:48 PM
jesus h christ....Philly didn't get good and stay good by making retarded trades for old players and worn out giant contract criminal RBs....

please stop it

No.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-08-2009, 03:48 PM
we were 2-14 with him

we're going to blow this roster apart and groom a rookie QB

we've already gotten 90% of his production

a 3rd will help us more in 3-4 years than a retired player will

no one is giving up a 1st or a second for a TE who has repeatedly said that he plans to play only 1 or 2 more years....not even in Madden

if we keep him, fine...but if someone offers a 3rd we should be prepared to take it....

Sad but true.

For TG.

NickAthanFan
02-08-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm sorry but with a username like this you will NEVER have any credibility on this board so you might as well either just leave or go off yourself.

Go jerk off a pig.

the Talking Can
02-08-2009, 03:50 PM
No.

not stop posting...stop being a fucking retard

RustShack
02-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Leave Tony alone! He isn't going anywhere!

Saccopoo
02-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Retarded trades are the norm in the NFL, and you can't tell me that Andy Reid knows his window of opportunity is rapidly closing in terms of winning a Super Bowl and that there are just a few missing pieces to potentially winning it - a reliable pass catching tight end and an insurance policy for Westbrook are two huge ones. Is drafting Pettigrew and Moreno more of a stretch in terms of immediate help in getting Philly that Super Bowl victory than one of those picks for two Pro Bowl players who you know can come in and immediately contribute?

All I'm saying is this is prime retarded trade potential here, and if Pioli is supposed to be all that in terms of his football savvy, here is an excellent opportunity to rectify a lot of problems for both teams. Sure, it has all the earmarks of a retarded trade, but they do happen and it's not as big a stretch as you are making it out to be. A stretch, yes. But no bigger, and probably smaller than some of the other classic retarded trades that have been made over the years.

And again, is one of two 20ish first round pick better or worse than a Super Bowl victory to a team that realistically only has one/two/three years of a window left to try to win the thing. I truly don't see this as that retarded of a trade, especially considering the situation that Philly is in.

Saccopoo
02-08-2009, 04:02 PM
not stop posting...stop being a ****ing retard

I thought that was riguer du jour around here? Won't people start making fun of me if I stop being a retard? I just want to belong.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-08-2009, 04:10 PM
not stop posting...stop being a fucking retard

This.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Retarded trades are the norm in the NFL, and you can't tell me that Andy Reid knows his window of opportunity is rapidly closing in terms of winning a Super Bowl and that there are just a few missing pieces to potentially winning it - a reliable pass catching tight end and an insurance policy for Westbrook are two huge ones. Is drafting Pettigrew and Moreno more of a stretch in terms of immediate help in getting Philly that Super Bowl victory than one of those picks for two Pro Bowl players who you know can come in and immediately contribute?

All I'm saying is this is prime retarded trade potential here, and if Pioli is supposed to be all that in terms of his football savvy, here is an excellent opportunity to rectify a lot of problems for both teams. Sure, it has all the earmarks of a retarded trade, but they do happen and it's not as big a stretch as you are making it out to be. A stretch, yes. But no bigger, and probably smaller than some of the other classic retarded trades that have been made over the years.

And again, is one of two 20ish first round pick better or worse than a Super Bowl victory to a team that realistically only has one/two/three years of a window left to try to win the thing. I truly don't see this as that retarded of a trade, especially considering the situation that Philly is in.

What NFL player who has to catch passes is going to desire with all his heart to go play with Donovan fucking McNabb?!?!!?

HELLO!!!!!! MC FLY!!!!!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-08-2009, 04:19 PM
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Tony Gonzalez still being a productive player. However, Tony Gonzalez can be a valuable cog that gets them to that point by being a security blanket for either Stafford or Sanchez.

That, in and of itself, could be worth more than equitable draft compensation. He's basically bumper to bumper coverage for a quarterback.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-08-2009, 04:28 PM
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Tony Gonzalez still being a productive player. However, Tony Gonzalez can be a valuable cog that gets them to that point by being a security blanket for either Stafford or Sanchez.

That, in and of itself, could be worth more than equitable draft compensation. He's basically bumper to bumper coverage for a quarterback.

FINALLY! The voice of sanity arrives.

Now, is there any way the Chiefs and Tony could part ways before the draft? It seems like they would have to in order to secure the picks from a trade. Unless of course the picks are held until the 2010 draft, yes?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-08-2009, 04:29 PM
FINALLY! The voice of sanity arrives.

Now, is there any way the Chiefs and Tony could part ways before the draft? It seems like they would have to in order to secure the picks from a trade. Unless of course the picks are held until the 2010 draft, yes?

There's no way they trade him after the draft if they draft a QB. If they do, anything positive said about Pioli should be shot and buried, because he'd be the dumbest motherfucker to walk the Earth. It would be Millenesque.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-08-2009, 04:34 PM
There's no way they trade him after the draft if they draft a QB. If they do, anything positive said about Pioli should be shot and buried, because he'd be the dumbest motherfucker to walk the Earth. It would be Millenesque.

That's what I'm driving at. Does Tony have a way out prior to this years draft? Can he leave before we potentially draft one of our two candidates?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-08-2009, 04:35 PM
That's what I'm driving at. Does Tony have a way out prior to this years draft? Can he leave before we potentially draft one of our two candidates?

Nope. We own him until he's off to the glue factory.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Nope. We own him until he's off to the glue factory.

LMAO Excellent.

milkman
02-08-2009, 05:04 PM
If I'm Andy Reid I'd persue Anquan Boldin before I go after Tony.

I sure as hell am not going to give up a first for Tony.

Saccopoo
02-08-2009, 05:33 PM

Just to play the Devil's advocate here, do we want a young quarterback (presuming that we actually draft a young quarterback) transitioning into another Huard/Thigpen, suckling on the Gonzalez teet, never going downfield?

Also, if Haley employs an offense similar to the one he ran at Arizona, the TE position is not going to be as significant for the Chiefs as it has been for the past umpteen billion years. If one thinks that Tony's value on the open market this off season is third round at best, like most people here on the Planet do, then what do you think his value is going to be when he's another year older, with half the receptions and yardage and becoming more and more recalcitrant as his role in the offense dwindles?

Tony wants to play for a Super Bowl contender. He's said this twice in the past year - once during the middle of the season in '08 and now right before the Pro Bowl. That, at least to me, seems like he's pretty interested in getting the hell out of Dodge.

In terms of a security blanket, the Chiefs are going to need a tight end that is primarily a pass protection specialist rather than a pass catching specialist. Having your tight end heading downfield, with McIntosh at right tackle and Larry Johnson as a last line of defense isn't what I would call a security blanket.

Tony's value isn't going to get any higher than right now (and considering his superb '08 season and his excellent physical shape, his value might be even better now than what it was in '07) and whether it be a first, second, third or whathaveyou, the Chiefs would be substantially better off in getting draft picks than having a disenchanted Gonzalez go through another young quarterbacks learning curve in a brand new offensive scheme.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Just to play the Devil's advocate here, do we want a young quarterback (presuming that we actually draft a young quarterback) transitioning into another Huard/Thigpen, suckling on the Gonzalez teet, never going downfield?

Also, if Haley employs an offense similar to the one he ran at Arizona, the TE position is not going to be as significant for the Chiefs as it has been for the past umpteen billion years. If one thinks that Tony's value on the open market this off season is third round at best, like most people here on the Planet do, then what do you think his value is going to be when he's another year older, with half the receptions and yardage and becoming more and more recalcitrant as his role in the offense dwindles?

Tony wants to play for a Super Bowl contender. He's said this twice in the past year - once during the middle of the season in '08 and now right before the Pro Bowl. That, at least to me, seems like he's pretty interested in getting the hell out of Dodge.

In terms of a security blanket, the Chiefs are going to need a tight end that is primarily a pass protection specialist rather than a pass catching specialist. Having your tight end heading downfield, with McIntosh at right tackle and Larry Johnson as a last line of defense isn't what I would call a security blanket.

Tony's value isn't going to get any higher than right now (and considering his superb '08 season and his excellent physical shape, his value might be even better now than what it was in '07) and whether it be a first, second, third or whathaveyou, the Chiefs would be substantially better off in getting draft picks than having a disenchanted Gonzalez go through another young quarterbacks learning curve in a brand new offensive scheme.

Joe Montana had Dwight Clark and Freddie Solomon as a n00b. Aikman had Irvin and Novacek, Favre had Sterling Sharpe, Marino had Clayton and Duper, Warner had Holt and Bruce, hell Matt Ryan has two pretty nice receivers right now.

Aikman and Steve Young have both said, on numerous occasions, that a tight end is the most important receiver for a young quarterback, because he's a failsafe, and a great red zone target.

Whether or not Tony wins a Super Bowl is irrelevant. And he can say he wants to play for a Super Bowl contender, but there is no way that he honestly believed, in his heart of hearts, that the Chiefs were the team to do that in 2007, and yet he signed the contract anyway.

Moreover, LJ isn't going to be here next year, and it is highly likely that Sackintosh isn't either.

The point isn't to maximize Tony's value in the open market. The point is to put the team in the best position to win the Super Bowl. If that entails holding on to Tony and not getting a third round pick, or a third and a 6th, because it gives your 3rd overall pick a much better chance of success, then you do that 58 times out of 9.

Basileus777
02-08-2009, 06:31 PM
I wouldn't give up Tony unless some team is willing to part with a 2nd. I still think he is worth more to this team than a 3rd, especially since it would probably be a late third. We are rebuilding, but you need to keep a few veterans around to help other players develop, and someone like Tony would be a huge help to any QB we draft.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Joe Montana had Dwight Clark and Freddie Solomon as a n00b. Aikman had Irvin and Novacek, Favre had Sterling Sharpe, Marino had Clayton and Duper, Warner had Holt and Bruce, hell Matt Ryan has two pretty nice receivers right now.

Aikman and Steve Young have both said, on numerous occasions, that a tight end is the most important receiver for a young quarterback, because he's a failsafe, and a great red zone target.

Whether or not Tony wins a Super Bowl is irrelevant. And he can say he wants to play for a Super Bowl contender, but there is no way that he honestly believed, in his heart of hearts, that the Chiefs were the team to do that in 2007, and yet he signed the contract anyway.

Moreover, LJ isn't going to be here next year, and it is highly likely that Sackintosh isn't either.

The point isn't to maximize Tony's value in the open market. The point is to put the team in the best position to win the Super Bowl. If that entails holding on to Tony and not getting a third round pick, or a third and a 6th, because it gives your 3rd overall pick a much better chance of success, then you do that 58 times out of 9.

That's some bitchin' "fuzzy math"! LMAO

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-09-2009, 04:37 AM
And he just led the probowl with 98 yards and 6 receptions and 1 TD. Would have been two if Cutler wasn't a bag of Boar cum.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-09-2009, 06:37 AM

:spock: I am sure an offensive mind like Haley can find a way to use a future HOF tight end in his offense. They had a bunch of nobodys at tight end and Fitz and Boldin on the outside. Who do you think is going to get the ball?

InChiefsHeaven
02-09-2009, 06:53 AM
Also, if Haley employs an offense similar to the one he ran at Arizona, the TE position is not going to be as significant for the Chiefs as it has been for the past umpteen billion years.

Haley did not HAVE a TG to go to. Trust me, Gonzo's production will not drop off this season if he's still here, at least not due to scheming. Any head coach in the league would jizz themselves to have TG on the roster.

patteeu
02-09-2009, 08:08 AM

How long are you expecting it to take for the Chiefs to get competitive?

R&GHomer
02-09-2009, 08:28 AM
I could live with a 2nd for Tony, I don't see it happening though. As far as TG crying about it for the entire season. Who cares, that man moaned and complained all year, but you know what. When game day came around he shut up, put on the pads and went to work. The guy is ace's plain and simple. They don't make many like Tony G. Period.

LJ???? I don't care if we don't get shit for him. I would be happy if someone would just pick up his contract and get him the hell off my team. What a douche bag that guy turned out to be.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-09-2009, 09:52 AM
And he just led the probowl with 98 yards and 6 receptions and 1 TD. Would have been two if Cutler wasn't a bag of Boar cum.

I see CutlerDouche, Drivlers, and Pastor Tebow being the same sack of shit in a different uniform, and I'm glad we'll have nothing to do with them outside of kicking their asses twice a year.

CoMoChief
02-09-2009, 10:28 AM

no way in hell Philly would give that up for LJ and Tony

No fuckin way.

OnTheWarpath15
02-09-2009, 10:38 AM
no way in hell Philly would give that up for LJ and Tony

No fuckin way.

Dude, he's joking - taking a shot at the people that DO think that is possible.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Dude, he's joking - taking a shot at the people that DO think that is possible.

I'd give up LJ for a couple of gift certificates to the Sizzler. Call Me!