PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Last time we see TG in a Chiefs Helmet?

MikeMaslowski
02-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Well, we all know it could come. After just seeing that beautiful touchdown catch in the ProBowl I pose this question to all...

What is your favorite memory of Tony G?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mgNUcNB7pbE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mgNUcNB7pbE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mlyonsd
02-08-2009, 04:07 PM
He's done his time in hell. Let him go if that's what he wants.

MiDW3sT
02-08-2009, 04:07 PM
His career catching yards this season, the first time he simulated the dunk on the goal post, his impersonation of Tony Montana at the Pro Bowl last year. lol, too many plays he's done that have made him a standout player.

dj56dt58
02-08-2009, 04:13 PM
He's done his time in hell. Let him go if that's what he wants.

not if we can't get something worth a trade..he signed the contract

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-08-2009, 04:15 PM
If we draft a quarterback at 3, I highly, highly doubt we trade Gonzalez. You give that QB a right tackle and a worthwhile interior lineman, and he's got a damned nice situation to step into.

Mr. Laz
02-08-2009, 04:17 PM
i thought Tony might be gone earlier this year but i highly doubt it now.

PastorMikH
02-08-2009, 05:12 PM
I have the feeling that, with the moves the Chiefs have made this offseason,i f TG is wanting a SuperBowl, and he could get his wish just as easily with the Chiefs as anyone.

big nasty kcnut
02-08-2009, 05:26 PM
He's not leavlng. I'm telling you right now.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
02-08-2009, 05:30 PM
If we draft a quarterback at 3, I highly, highly doubt we trade Gonzalez. You give that QB a right tackle and a worthwhile interior lineman, and he's got a damned nice situation to step into.This. Draft Sanchez. TG will catch alot of passes. He'll be back...

-King-
02-08-2009, 05:32 PM
This. Draft Sanchez. TG will catch alot of passes. He'll be back...

He has already caught a lot of passes. According to TG himself, he'd rather have Thigpen.

KChiefs1
02-08-2009, 05:32 PM
He's not going anywhere....

BigMeatballDave
02-08-2009, 05:41 PM
He has already caught a lot of passes. According to TG himself, he'd rather have Thigpen.Gee, thanks, Einstein. :rolleyes: My point was, when he's playing here next year and catching passes from a different QB, he'll forget all about Thig.

ChiefMojo
02-08-2009, 05:43 PM
For gosh sakes we haven't even got through fu%king FA or the draft yet! This football team is going to be completely different when it comes to quality vets here in a few months. Tony isn't going anywhere!

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I know another Vet who WILL be "leaving".

Hint: It's not Brian Waters.

MIAdragon
02-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Well then, its a done deal.

ChiefMojo
02-08-2009, 05:51 PM
Well that other vet would have most of us pack his bags for him with pride. He doesn't want to be here and no matter how much talent he is, he is a POS in the clubhouse.

Marco Polo
02-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli, is that you?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Well that other vet would have most of us pack his bags for him with pride. He doesn't want to be here and no matter how much talent he is, he is a POS in the clubhouse.

HINT: It isn't LJ.

Though he will be gone too.

Gracie Dean
02-08-2009, 05:58 PM
HINT: It isn't LJ.

Though he will be gone too.

who then?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-08-2009, 06:01 PM
who then?

FINAL HINT:

kcNut will weep like a little girl.:D

sodcat
02-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Hearing Mitch say "Sanchez to Gonzalez touchdown" has a nice ring to it..........

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Hearing Mitch say "Sanchez to Gonzalez touchdown" has a nice ring to it..........

It's more than nice; it's providence. Haley will TOTALLY want/take Sanchez.

Print It!

PastorMikH
02-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

OK, who stole KCNut's cell phone?

(Or does the cell phone automatically fix the typing errors?)

:)

Extra Point
02-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Let's see. Drop 3rd level pricing, and cough up for a 3rd pick in the first? A negotiated bird is worth two in the bush. What did we give up for Haley? Only the Italian Oracle knows. Now.

Let Pioli do his job. Hang loose before the draft.

Miles
02-08-2009, 06:42 PM
FINAL HINT:

kcNut will weep like a little girl.:D

Donnie.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Donnie.

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2008/features/theysaid/080421/bob_barker400.jpg

WE HAVE A WINNER!

Warrior5
02-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Donnie.

Add Surtain to the departing veteran list.

TEX
02-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I hope you're right.

blueballs
02-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Would you give up Tony G for Chase Coffman

milkman
02-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Would you give up Tony G for Chase Coffman

No.

If I trade Tony for a draft pick, I won't be taking a TE with that pick.

I'd take a position that, you know, actually has some real value.

splatbass
02-08-2009, 07:35 PM
It's more than nice; it's providence. Haley will TOTALLY want/take Sanchez.

Print It!

Let's say you are right. Do you think Haley will start him right away? Or do you think there is a chance that he will need some more experience before he starts?

Mecca
02-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Let's say you are right. Do you think Haley will start him right away? Or do you think there is a chance that he will need some more experience before he starts?

Mark Sanchez has more under center experience and better feet and ability to drop back than Thipgen does so it wouldn't surprise me...

splatbass
02-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Mark Sanchez has more under center experience and better feet and ability to drop back than Thipgen does so it wouldn't surprise me...

You could be right, but I don't think anyone will know until training camp (assuming they draft him).

Personally I would be for a QB competition and let the best one start. Of course at this point we don't even know what QBs will be on the roster at training camp. I would expect them to bring in an experienced veteran, if only for depth.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-08-2009, 08:20 PM
You could be right, but I don't think anyone will know until training camp (assuming they draft him).

Personally I would be for a QB competition and let the best one start. Of course at this point we don't even know what QBs will be on the roster at training camp. I would expect them to bring in an experienced veteran, if only for depth.

I would expect Tyler to get the start for the first year of our draftees tenure, but you never know.

With no idea of what kind of offense we'll be running, or how things go in camp, it's just too early to say.

OnTheWarpath15
02-08-2009, 08:24 PM
I would expect Tyler to get the start for the first year of our draftees tenure, but you never know.

With no idea of what kind of offense we'll be running, or how things go in camp, it's just too early to say.

Something would have to give.

They wouldn't ask Sanchez to play from the spread.

Thigpen can't play in a pro style offense.

milkman
02-08-2009, 08:25 PM

Unless Thigpen can transition to a pro set over this offseason and during TC, I would not be the least bit surprised to see Quinn Gray, or a free agent pickup get the start for at least the first half of the season.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Unless Thigpen can transition to a pro set over this offseason and during TC, I would not be the least bit surprised to see Quinn Gray, or a free agent pickup get the start for at least the first half of the season.

That was my second guess too. The thing is, if I knew for certain that Haley chose his starting QB using the same criteria as our last "coach", I could watch preseason games and pretty much know based on that alone.

But I'd say your scenario is the most likely.

EyePod
02-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Wow, that throw to Tony during the JETS game was sensational. It makes me think that we have a starting NFL caliber QB with Pigpen.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Wow, that throw to Tony during the JETS game was sensational. It makes me think that we have a starting NFL caliber QB with Pigpen.

Oh my...:eek::popcorn:

splatbass
02-08-2009, 08:50 PM

You're asking for it now. The resident geniuses will be along any minute to attack you.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-08-2009, 09:04 PM
You're asking for it now. The resident geniuses will be along any minute to attack you.

Look, here's the bottom line:

When we started all of this with Tyler, I reserved judgment until the end of the season.
The overall results were consistent, and as follows:

Despite effective first halves, ANY defense worth a shit was able to make adjustments at the half and shut the KC Pistol down. It was a highly predictable scheme.

The KC Pistol was absolute SHIT in clutch situations, ESPECIALLY those in the Red Zone.

Though some will say that run yardage increased under the pistol, it wasn't the kind of running game that could keep the defense off the field for enough time, or allow us to implement proper clock management.

It was an interesting experiment, but it wasn't football of a caliber that you expect from a Professional Franchise looking to build a Championship Team.

Reerun_KC
02-08-2009, 09:08 PM

Or the resident dumbassess will be along any minute to beg and justify thigpen....