PDA

View Full Version : Life Pressed Out Of Retirement - GRRRRRR!!!

Dinny Bossa Nova
02-08-2009, 09:09 PM
~

Demonpenz
02-08-2009, 09:11 PM
you should find a metal band and play thrash.

StcChief
02-08-2009, 09:17 PM
no-blues love in Springfield....

FAX
02-08-2009, 09:22 PM
I, for one, am glad to know that you're playing again, Mr. Dinny Blues.

Now, how about a little "Wipeout"?

FAX

Dartgod
02-08-2009, 09:22 PM
you should find a DJ.
FYP. :evil:

Ebolapox
02-08-2009, 09:29 PM
why'd ya delete it?

blueballs
02-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Do you have to have a gatorade bottle
to piss in while on stage now

Dartgod
02-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Damn Denny, have a sense of humor will ya? I've met you in real life and think your a pretty cool dude. My post meant no harm. If that's what you're upset about, I'm sorry.

Ebolapox
02-08-2009, 09:45 PM
dinny, you off your meds?

FAX
02-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Simmah!!!

You know as well as I do, Mr. Dinny Blues, that the whole "sex-symbol-rock-star-shaking-the-ass-for-16-year-old-girls" deal only lasts a few years, at the very most.

Good music, however, has staying power. Who gives a damn if you have gray hair, blue hair, or no hair? The main thing is that you're playing again and that's very cool. I'm glad.

FAX

DeezNutz
02-08-2009, 09:54 PM
WTF happened in here?

Ebolapox
02-08-2009, 09:57 PM
WTF happened in here?

welp.....

1) dinny posts about coming out of retirement to help a few buddies of his by drumming for them

2) inevitable smartassed, but well meaning comments ensue.

3) dinny freaks out, says 'fuck you' a few times, and deletes his opening post.

4) you post

that a good enough summation for ya?

Jenson71
02-08-2009, 10:00 PM
You do it for the people Dinny. They are just people who after a long day of work or a hard week just want to relax and appreciate the music they like. You are an artist, and despite the particular art not being your preference, you are a hard worker that will take a shot for the good of mankind.

DeezNutz
02-08-2009, 10:02 PM
welp.....

1) dinny posts about coming out of retirement to help a few buddies of his by drumming for them

2) inevitable smartassed, but well meaning comments ensue.

3) dinny freaks out, says '**** you' a few times, and deletes his opening post.

4) you post

that a good enough summation for ya?

That's a remarkably apt recap, my friend.

I was wondering if there's some back story about the freak out, though? That was the type of first step that DT would be proud of.

EyePod
02-08-2009, 10:04 PM
I always wish I learned the drums. I fooled around for a little bit, but that's it. I hate the fucking piano, but my parents would never let me get a drum set "because they're too loud." Keep doing what you love man.

Ebolapox
02-08-2009, 10:06 PM
That's a remarkably apt recap, my friend.

I was wondering if there's some back story about the freak out, though? That was the type of first step that DT would be proud of.

honestly, I never saw anything that gave any real explanation for the freak out. nothing seemed anything but very tame. thus, my 'med' comment. dinny sorta freaked out from left field. must have thin skin.

Ebolapox
02-08-2009, 10:07 PM
I always wish I learned the drums. I fooled around for a little bit, but that's it. I hate the fucking piano, but my parents would never let me get a drum set "because they're too loud." Keep doing what you love man.

a fucking piano? is it a chick? cause it'd be weird to fuck a piano.

J Diddy
02-08-2009, 10:11 PM
I always wish I learned the drums. I fooled around for a little bit, but that's it. I hate the ****ing piano, but my parents would never let me get a drum set "because they're too loud." Keep doing what you love man.

what do they call a guy who hangs around 3 talented musicians....

A drummer.

RJ
02-08-2009, 10:13 PM
I think the real question here, and one that needs to be answered, is whether Dinny's new band can play Smoke on the Water.

And I wish I could have read the starter to understand why Dinny was forced out of retirement.

FAX
02-08-2009, 10:14 PM
It was because his friends became ill and needed to gig out in order to pay medical bills. Mr. Dinny Blues agreed to help them out by filling in as the drummer.

FAX

J Diddy
02-08-2009, 10:15 PM
I think the real question here, and one that needs to be answered, is whether Dinny's new band can play Smoke on the Water.

And I wish I could have read the starter to understand why Dinny was forced out of retirement.

He said he retired. Then he decided to help one buddy. Then he agreed to fill in for another buddy when their drummer couldn't make it. Then the drummer quit. Now he feels obligated.

Thats the gist of it. To the end.

My opinion is that he had a sandy vagina.

FAX
02-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Come to think of it, that may be why he took the "DJ" comment so negatively. For serious musicians, DJs are anathema. DJs have taken jobs from a lot of bands over the years.

FAX

RJ
02-08-2009, 10:17 PM
what do they call a guy who hangs around 3 talented musicians...

A drummer.

I can pick up any string instrument and figure out how to play it at least a little bit, but I can't play drums to save my life.

cdcox
02-08-2009, 10:17 PM

Friends needed help in the form of a drummer. Friends played country music. Dinny doesn't like country music, but was sacrificing his personal tastes, and what he'd rather be doing, to help his friends.

Dinny is a good guy.

Not sure why he deleted his posts, but they're his posts, so it's cool.

Ebolapox
02-08-2009, 10:18 PM
I can pick up any string instrument and figure out how to play it at least a little bit, but I can't play drums to save my life.

you where born a poor black child?

http://rondaniel.com/blog/TheJerk.jpg

J Diddy
02-08-2009, 10:20 PM

Not actually my quote, but dave grohls. Anyhow this should help.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/56sZOUPegUw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/56sZOUPegUw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

RJ
02-08-2009, 10:24 PM
you where born a poor black child?

http://rondaniel.com/blog/TheJerk.jpg

No, that's not me. I'm the Cool Jerk.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m5Z-XL9rNYA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m5Z-XL9rNYA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>