PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV This seems like an incredibly easy world record to beat

Fat Elvis
02-08-2009, 09:41 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090208/ap_on_re_eu/eu_odd_sweden_tv_watching_record

Sri Lankan watches TV 72 hours to set world record

STOCKHOLM – Suresh Joachim has broken his own Guinness world record for nonstop broadcast-television watching, clocking 72 hours in the Swedish capital.

"I feel fine, I drank between 25 and 30 cups of coffee," Joachim said Sunday.

His previous record was 69 hours, 48 minutes, set in 2005.

Joachim, a Sri Lanka native who lives in Toronto, watched three seasons of the drama series "24" featuring Kiefer Sutherland, said Swedish TV4 spokeswoman Janina Witkowski.

Basileus777
02-08-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm sure someone has already beaten that.

Demonpenz
02-08-2009, 09:43 PM
do they drug test? Go to st joseph and any methhead will beat that EASILY

Ebolapox
02-08-2009, 09:48 PM
coffee... would that be considered a 'performance enhancing drug'?!?

if not... fuck, I'll pick up some red bull and dominate this some point next month.

KCCHIEFS27
02-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Drug test? It doesn't look like it since the guy said he drank between 25-30 cups of coffee. The only thing is: 1)He could probably never take his eyes off of the TV. 2)Would probably have no bathroom breaks.

So, if you feel like it's worth it to gain a certificate by incurring self-waste all over yourself, please don't come back here bragging about it..

Fat Elvis
02-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Drug test? It doesn't look like it since the guy said he drank between 25-30 cups of coffee. The only thing is: 1)He could probably never take his eyes off of the TV. 2)Would probably have no bathroom breaks.

So, if you feel like it's worth it to gain a certificate by incurring self-waste all over yourself, please don't come back here bragging about it..

Although I'm sure they have 5 minute breaks every few hours, why not just put a tv in bathroom? You could pee and poop to your hearts content.

Ebolapox

eh, I seriously doubt I'd ever attempt this. I'm far too busy, and I enjoy sleeping far too much. however, I doubt it would be that difficult to situate your tv so that you could see it/follow the screen whilst you back your way to the john. it would be doable. (and no, I was merely joking about the
performance enhancing drugs [ie coffee])

Ebolapox
Although I'm sure they have 5 minute breaks every few hours, why not just put a tv in bathroom? You could pee and poop to your hearts content.

fuckin' A.

Basileus777
02-08-2009, 09:56 PM
You could just pee/shit in a jug or something. You could stay in the living room and never have to stop watching TV.

Ebolapox
02-08-2009, 09:58 PM
You could just pee/shit in a jug or something. You could stay in the living room and never have to stop watching TV.

ROFL

now that you mention jug shitting/pissing, it brings to mind why this record is so easy to obtain. who wants to piss/shit in a jug just to have a meaningless world record?

Basileus777
02-08-2009, 10:02 PM
ROFL

now that you mention jug shitting/pissing, it brings to mind why this record is so easy to obtain. who wants to piss/shit in a jug just to have a meaningless world record?

There's probably a couple of people here on CP. Someone needs to start a poll.

rrl308
02-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Walk in the park.

Ebolapox
02-08-2009, 10:05 PM
There's probably a couple of people here on CP. Someone needs to start a poll.

makes me wonder... does it have to be broadcast tv, or can it be dvd movies? can it be dvr'd content? these are the things one would have to decide before taking this challenge on.

Basileus777
02-08-2009, 10:07 PM
makes me wonder... does it have to be broadcast tv, or can it be dvd movies? can it be dvr'd content? these are the things one would have to decide before taking this challenge on.

The guy watched three seasons of 24, so I'd assume he was actually watching DVDs, unless some Swedish channel was having a 72 hour marathon.

Ebolapox
02-08-2009, 10:09 PM
The guy watched three seasons of 24, so I'd assume he was actually watching DVDs, unless some Canadian channel was having a 72 hour marathon.

see, that's what I thought, BUT... it said record for watching 'broadcast tv.' makes me wonder what the definition for 'broadcast' tv really is...

Jenson71
02-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Aren't there World of Warcraft people that can play for a week or more straight?

Rain Man
02-08-2009, 10:14 PM
The record for watching Fran Drescher and "The Nanny" nonstop is a nearly unbeatable 7 minutes. The person died afterward.

rrl308
02-08-2009, 10:25 PM
If it was the Grammy's I would have to pull a Seinfeld. "I'm out"

Hammock Parties
02-08-2009, 10:43 PM
I could have easily broken this during the height of my Frasier-watching obsession.

58-4ever
02-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Just give me a marathon of Lord of the Rings, the Rocky movies (I prefer the first and the fourth), all three Back to the Futures (although the third wasn't that great), and all the seasons of Dexter, and I will shatter this record!

DeezNutz
02-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Sopranos and Godfather trilogy.

And get to motherfuckin crackin.

EyePod
02-08-2009, 10:51 PM

Fuck that. I'd piss in a bucket for 3 days if I had to. Take a shit in there too. Good ole' chamber pot!

EyePod
02-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Just give me a marathon of Lord of the Rings, the Rocky movies (I prefer the first and the fourth), all three Back to the Futures (although the third wasn't that great), and all the seasons of Dexter, and I will shatter this record!

Lord of the rings has all that soothing music though... I was thinking the Rocky trilogy. some MMA. That gets me jacked...

blueballs
02-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Star Wars nerds have waited in line longer than that
who'd fall asleep around those lightsaber wielders

58-4ever
02-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Lord of the rings has all that soothing music though... I was thinking the Rocky trilogy. some MMA. That gets me jacked...

That's true. I'd have to start with Lord of the Rings. Either that or a marathon of the Office.

bowener
02-08-2009, 11:58 PM
I get 30 adderralls per month, I think I can abuse that enough to stay up for at least 4 days straight without ever feeling tired.