PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who has more td then

big nasty kcnut
02-09-2009, 05:53 AM
Matt ryan,joe flacco and ben rothlitberger. Why it's our own tyler thigpen and all 3 qbs i'd mention were in the playoff. So don't be so quick to dismiss him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
02-09-2009, 05:56 AM
Yea which ones have played in the playoffs and won Superbowls?

If anyone thinks Tyler Thigpen could sniff that drive or throw Roethlisberger made to win the bowl I question their sanity.

CrazyHorse
02-09-2009, 06:02 AM
Yea which ones have played in the playoffs and won Superbowls?

If anyone thinks Tyler Thigpen could sniff that drive or throw Roethlisberger made to win the bowl I question their sanity.

If he's so great, why aren't his numbers higher?

Mecca
02-09-2009, 06:03 AM
If he's so great, why aren't his numbers higher?

This argument proves why stats are overrated...

If you watched the Superbowl and have ANY question as to whether Roethlisberger is that teams franchise player, I can't help you.

CrazyHorse
02-09-2009, 06:09 AM

If you watched the Superbowl and have ANY question as to whether Roethlisberger is that teams franchise player, I can't help you.

Personally. I give credit to the defense.

You must be saying the 2 defenses are equal. Or perhaps all other things are equal?

Stats are not the beginning and end of a players productivity. Oh wait, yes they are. The stats aren't everything arguement are for those left with no arguement.

Ben makes plays at times. But is not the reason the Steelers made the SB, or won the SB. However the defense is. Without that 100 yard int, the Card would have won that game.

It was thier defense. Statistics will prove that out.

Agent V
02-09-2009, 06:10 AM
Taking Thigpen over Roethlisberger.

....is this fanbase losing its damn mind?

Mecca
02-09-2009, 06:13 AM
Yea the Steelers defense won the bowl when they not only gave up 1 but 2 TD's in the 4th quarter one of which was a 50 yarder..

Their defense absolutely folded in the biggest moment of the biggest game, if they had been built to have a game manager QB like say the past Chiefs or the Titans they'd have lost..

Roethlisberger won that game.

You are in no way going to tell me the Steelers defense won that bowl.

InChiefsHeaven
02-09-2009, 06:13 AM
How else do you measure a player, if not by his stats? IMO, Thiggy doesn't suck, he can play at this level, but only time will tell if he is the solution. We don't know jack about any college QB at this point...except that they were good in college.

CrazyHorse
02-09-2009, 06:14 AM
Taking Thigpen over Roethlisberger.

....is this fanbase losing its damn mind?

I'm not quite ready to say that. But I understand the arguement that it's early to say Thigpen can't play in the NFL. It's too early to give up on him. IMO

Mecca
02-09-2009, 06:16 AM
I'm not quite ready to say that. But I understand the arguement that it's early to say Thigpen can't play in the NFL. It's too early to give up on him. IMO

I might have a different opinion of he had played from under center and displayed proper footwork and ability to drop back and not had to have an entire college gimmick offense implemented so he could even play.

I don't believe the Chiefs future is the spread so why would I want a spread monkey QB who has shown no ability to play in a NFL offense?

Agent V
02-09-2009, 06:17 AM

And I understand people don't want to give up on him. Watching the last few games, I just thought it was obvious his accuracy is godawful, and that's one of the scariest weaknesses in a quarterback. You can't fix it.

Of course, this is dependent on the new offensive scheme. If we don't continue the spread, Thiggy is not the answer by a long shot.

Mecca
02-09-2009, 06:17 AM
And I understand people don't want to give up on him. Watching the last few games, I just thought it was obvious his accuracy is godawful, and that's one of the scariest weaknesses in a quarterback. You can't fix it.

Of course, this is dependent on the new offensive scheme. If we don't continue the spread, Thiggy is not the answer by a long shot.

I want to know why anyone in their right mind would want to or would think we'd continue the spread?

Agent V
02-09-2009, 06:18 AM
How else do you measure a player, if not by his stats? IMO, Thiggy doesn't suck, he can play at this level, but only time will tell if he is the solution. We don't know jack about any college QB at this point...except that they were good in college.

All we know about Thigpen is that he's competent in a spread offense.

CrazyHorse
02-09-2009, 06:18 AM
Yea the Steelers defense won the bowl when they not only gave up 1 but 2 TD's in the 4th quarter one of which was a 50 yarder..

Their defense absolutely folded in the biggest moment of the biggest game, if they had been built to have a game manager QB like say the past Chiefs or the Titans they'd have lost..

Roethlisberger won that game.

You are in no way going to tell me the Steelers defense won that bowl.

Okee dokee. The Steelers #1 defense in practically every category is less responsible for the Steelers making and winning the SB than a middle of the road QB.

Got it.

Take care

Agent V
02-09-2009, 06:19 AM
Okee dokee. The Steelers #1 defense in practically every category is less responsible for the Steelers making and winning the SB than a middle of the road QB.

Got it.

Take care

Well, you have to admit, in the end it was Ben who won it.

Mecca
02-09-2009, 06:19 AM
If you think Roethlisberger is a middle of the road QB, that's all I need to know about how you value the position.

Yep QB had nothing to do with it, losing 23-20 with less than 3 minutes to go, any old pile of shit QB could engineer that drive and make those plays including one of the finest throws ever thrown in a bowl.

Mecca
02-09-2009, 06:21 AM
Well, you have to admit, in the end it was Ben who won it.

The 90's fixation will never leave......it's all defense not the QB, all you need is an average QB and you can be the Steelers!

Nevermind that Roethlisberger is not remotely average, but lets not factor that in so the dream that the 90s Chiefs team and teams built that way can or could of won bowls!

CrazyHorse
02-09-2009, 06:22 AM
If you think Roethlisberger is a middle of the road QB, that's all I need to know about how you value the position.

Yep QB had nothing to do with it, losing 23-20 with less than 3 minutes to go, any old pile of shit QB could engineer that drive and make those plays including one of the finest throws ever thrown in a bowl.

I'm not limiting my evaluation to one game.

You are.

You keep talking about 1 throw, saying stats mean nothing. You'll have to do better than that.

Mecca
02-09-2009, 06:26 AM
Shitty QB's win 2 superbowls in 4 years..they also routinely lead game winning drives in the 4th quarter..

If you watched the Steelers at all for any period of time you'd know that Roethlisberger is a huge huge factor into why that team wins. He is the definition of a clutch player.

He is their franchise, nearly all of their other players are interchangeable, like their LB's as they cycle through and put different guys in there and get production...

But lets overlook that and give credit to the defense, I'm sure it was them that lead those drives.

CrazyHorse
02-09-2009, 06:29 AM
I like Ben. I think he's a good QB. But he's not the #1 reason for the Steelers succsess. That's my contention.

I'm not saying Thigpen is better either. Just saying Ben isn't what I would consider a great QB. And the numbers bear that out. However, he does often make something out of nothing.

The last drive in the SB was great, no doubt.

Mecca
02-09-2009, 06:34 AM
You aren't going to win anything with a QB and nothing else...you have to be good on both sides of the ball.

The Steelers were the 90's Chiefs till they finally got a legit QB, makes some sense huh?

Kerberos
02-09-2009, 06:37 AM
The Steelers only ask Big Ben to do enough to win games. No more. No Less.

Is he ever going to break any of Marino's or Favre's records? Probably not. But how may SB did Marino win? How many did Favre Win?

Saying that Rothlisberger isn't that good because of stats is kind of dumbassery and blind homerism if you are comparing Thigpen to him. Could Thiggy have won more games if we had a Defense like Blitzbergs? I am certain of it. But to think he can clutch win games is an uncertain cause he hasn't show he can do it. Ben has.

Keep doubting Big Ben as he will no doubt take the "Berg" to yet another SB in the next 5 years if I was a betting man.

BTW this is IMO. ;)

CrazyHorse
02-09-2009, 06:38 AM
You aren't going to win anything with a QB and nothing else...you have to be good on both sides of the ball.

The Steelers were the 90's Chiefs till they finally got a legit QB, makes some sense huh?

Never said he wasn't legit, or that he was shitty. I said he wasn't great, and he's not.

I will argue however that you cant just throw any semblance of players together and have the #1 defense in the NFL. Are you saying Ben would have been in and won the SB with a middle of the road defense this season?

Mecca
02-09-2009, 06:41 AM
The Steelers have consistently had a top notch defense while cycling in new players at a pretty high rate and consistently walking away from other players...

Their defense is as much system and coaching as it is players.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-09-2009, 06:43 AM
I like Tyler, but this is getting silly. Tyler does not have the accuracy right now to compare to these other guys. Love the mobility and IF he could improve his accuracy and drops from under center he'd be dangerous, but that is a huge IF. It is a big enough concern to not pass on a QB with our top 3 pick. Big Ben is a great QB and probably could put up big stats if they decided to throw the ball more. But, he is not asked to do that, so his numbers aren't as good. The defense helps, but it keeps his numbers in check because of the way they play.

CrazyHorse
02-09-2009, 06:51 AM

Is he ever going to break any of Marino's or Favre's records? Probably not. But how may SB did Marino win? How many did Favre Win?

Saying that Rothlisberger isn't that good because of stats is kind of dumbassery and blind homerism if you are comparing Thigpen to him. Could Thigpen have won more games if we had a Defense like Blitzbergs? I am certain of it. But to think he can clutch win games is an uncertain cause he hasn't show he can do it. Ben has.

Keep doubting Big Ben as he will no doubt take the "Berg" to yet another SB in the next 5 years if I was a betting man.

BTW this is IMO. ;)

Dont know if they will win another one in the next 5 years. But this is certainly a reasonable post. I agree with this.

CrazyHorse
02-09-2009, 06:54 AM
The Steelers have consistently had a top notch defense while cycling in new players at a pretty high rate and consistently walking away from other players...

Their defense is as much system and coaching as it is players.

Okay.

Are you saying they're not the best in the league? What's your point?

I thought you were one of the self proclaimed geniuses on this board. But your negotiating skills, and reading comprehension are poor.

beach tribe
02-09-2009, 06:54 AM
I like Ben. I think he's a good QB. But he's not the #1 reason for the Steelers succsess. That's my contention.

I'm not saying Thigpen is better either. Just saying Ben isn't what I would consider a great QB. And the numbers bear that out. However, he does often make something out of nothing.

The last drive in the SB was great, no doubt.

I was just looking through my old football cards last night, and was blown away at the unimpressiveness of John Elways #s. QBs who win games in clutch situattions make all the difference. #s are completely over rated IMO.

InChiefsHeaven
02-09-2009, 06:57 AM
Okay.

Are you saying they're not the best in the league? What's your point?

I thought you were one of the self proclaimed geniuses on this board. But your negotiating skills, and reading apprehension are poor.

Why would he be apprehensive about reading?

CrazyHorse
02-09-2009, 06:59 AM
I was just looking through my old football cards last night, and was blown away at the unimpressiveness of John Elways #s. QBs who win games in clutch situattions make all the difference. #s are completely over rated IMO.

Elway=Ben.

Got it.

CrazyHorse
02-09-2009, 07:00 AM
Why would he be apprehensive about reading?

Ha ha. What a dumbass I am.

Comprehension,

He does seem a little apprehensive though

beach tribe
02-09-2009, 07:07 AM
Elway=Ben.

Got it.

You=retard

got it.

I did not say that.

beach tribe
02-09-2009, 07:10 AM
Never said he wasn't legit, or that he was shitty. I said he wasn't great, and he's not.

I will argue however that you cant just throw any semblance of players together and have the #1 defense in the NFL. Are you saying Ben would have been in and won the SB with a middle of the road defense this season?

And you can't have an awesome D, and just throw any QB back there, and expect to win the SB.

CrazyHorse
02-09-2009, 07:12 AM
You=retard

got it.

I did not say that.

I'll take that as a compliment. I've met some good people that are "retards".

None of them compare Elway to Ben either. So there ya go.

CrazyHorse
02-09-2009, 07:12 AM
And you can't have an awesome D, and just throw any QB back there, and expect to win the SB.

I agree.

Agent V
02-09-2009, 07:16 AM
All Thigpen has proven is based on his part in the revitalization/gimmickization of the offense, he deserves CONTENTION for a QB spot. That's it. Do I think he deserves a starting spot in a pro-style offense? No.

I like the kid, I really do. I was a huge supporter when he was playing until I hit a realization: he's sloppy, he's only proven he can play in the spread, he's not clutch (I cite the Denver game, but I guess it's just something he hasn't proven), and his accuracy, especially throwing the long ball, is shit.

At his age, what CAN he do to improve accuracy?

tmax63
02-09-2009, 07:44 AM
I've talked to football players who don't think the spread is just a gimmick. Getting as much distance between players as you can and exploiting 1-on-1 match-ups isn't as crazy as it sounds. Just like the no-huddle doesn't allow substitutions to exploit match-ups. Will it take over the NFL, not at all, but folks I have talked to seem to think it will find a home and a usefulness for teams that don't do the "wildcat" or other gimmicks to gain an advantage.

EyePod
02-09-2009, 07:56 AM

James Harrison?

EyePod
02-09-2009, 07:59 AM

Saying that Rothlisberger isn't that good because of stats is kind of dumbassery and blind homerism if you are comparing Thigpen to him. Could Thigpen have won more games if we had a Defense like Blitzbergs? I am certain of it. But to think he can clutch win games is an uncertain cause he hasn't show he can do it. Ben has.

BTW this is IMO. ;)

It's impossible to compare the two with just stats. What I think we should do is to say that Flacco and Ryan had better stats, but if you take into consideration Thigpen's terrible, terrible defense, Thigpen had a pretty good year and is worth considering for next.

soopamanluva
02-09-2009, 08:03 AM
thigpen cannot, i repeat, cannot. throw deep. he does not have the arm strength nor can he play under center. it makes no sense that we are lined up in shotgun on goalline situations. that is what sets him below everyone else. he needs to be out all offseason working on those thing in order to be successful. because without tony, those numbers go out the window.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
02-09-2009, 08:06 AM
James Harrison?

And as soon as Harrison expects to be paid he'll be cycled out just like Porter was just like Chad Brown was and on down the line of all the LB's they walked away from and replaced in the snap of a finger like it was no issue.

BigRichard
02-09-2009, 10:47 AM
I'll take that as a compliment. I've met some good people that are "retards".

None of them compare Elway to Ben either. So there ya go.

Ouch!!! It will take him a while to come back from that one.ROFL

blueballs
02-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Thigpen needs Toothless's size
but that guy is on the sideline

Micjones
02-09-2009, 10:58 AM

Roethlisberger played like shit in the Superbowl save the last drive of the game.
That performance doesn't do your argument that he's a franchise player justice.

The Franchise
02-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Thigpen hasn't proven that he can play in a regular offense.

I would hope he would have a lot of TDs in the spread.

DeezNutz
02-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Roethlisberger played like shit in the Superbowl save the last drive of the game.
That performance doesn't do your argument that he's a franchise player justice.

He played like shit?

What?

Micjones
02-09-2009, 11:04 AM

Elway's numbers are unimpressive?

300 TD's | 4,000 Completions | 50,000 passing yards
:shrug:

dirk digler
02-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Ok Mecca I can see why you get frustrated or mad with the stupid people. I can't believe what I am reading from some of you on this thread.

Unfuckingbelievable.

CoMoChief
02-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Roethlisberger isn't that good. It's pretty clear that team wins off of its defense. He just has to manage the game, but is it very rarely that I actually see Big Ben take over a game and win it solely on his back.

There are only a few QB's in this league that can do that. Big Ben isn't one of them.

Micjones
02-09-2009, 11:16 AM
He played like shit?

What?

Um, yeah... He did.
Aside from the last drive of the game (which I gave him credit for) he completed just 16 passes for 172 yards, 0 TD's and 1 INT.

dirk digler
02-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Roethlisberger isn't that good. It's pretty clear that team wins off of its defense. He just has to manage the game, but is it very rarely that I actually see Big Ben take over a game and win it solely on his back.

There are only a few QB's in this league that can do that. Big Ben isn't one of them.

You're kidding right?

Is it April Fools Day or something?

smittysbar
02-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Ben kept so many drives alive with his legs it was close to being unbelievable. A game manager would have had to punt several times in Bowl

DeezNutz
02-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Um, yeah... He did.
Aside from the last drive of the game (which I gave him credit for) he completed just 16 passes for 172 yards, 0 TD's and 1 INT.

I didn't see a QB who played like shit in that game.

I don't know why you're listing the number of completed passes when he attempted just 30 for the entire game.

dirk digler
02-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Ben kept so many drives alive with his legs it was close to being unbelievable. A game manager would have had to punt several times in Bowl

No kidding. I just can't believe people on here are really stupid enough to think that Big Ben is not a franchise QB or even a good QB.

How is that possible considering that he led a game winning drive and made several great throws including the game winner. That is what great QB's do.

RUSH
02-09-2009, 11:22 AM
WTF??? Am I seeing Big Ben and Tyler Thigpen comparisons? Wow. And how can someone say Ben never put a team on his back and take over a game? Do you even watch football? That's ridiculous.

Micjones
02-09-2009, 11:23 AM
I didn't see a QB who played like shit in that game.

I suppose each is his own.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

I don't know why you're listing the number of completed passes when he attempted just 30 for the entire game.

No sense in telling half the tale.

DeezNutz
02-09-2009, 11:32 AM
No sense in telling half the tale.

How many passes on the final drive? 5-6?

If 5, 16/25 is a 64% completion percentage. Not too shabby.

CoMoChief
02-09-2009, 11:34 AM
You're kidding right?

Is it April Fools Day or something?

Ok maybe im being a little harsh. He's a good QB, but I wouldnt put him in the upper echelon of QB's in this league.

dirk digler
02-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Ok maybe im being a little harsh. He's a good QB, but I wouldnt put him in the upper echelon of QB's in this league.

Statistically no but when it comes to making a big play he is one of the best. The guy is clutch and that is what separates great QB's from good or average.

Just think about Joe Montana, he didn't always have the best stats but he was money in the big games

dirk digler
02-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Oh and BTW Big Ben played with broken ribs in the SB.

ROETHLISBERGER PLAYED WITH BROKEN RIBS

Posted by Mike Florio on February 9, 2009, 10:22 a.m.

Some in the media (including John Clayton of ESPN) openly scoffed at our Super Bowl-week report that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger secretly underwent an X-ray on his ribs/back.

The X-ray was related to an injury that Roethlisberger sustained during the AFC title game.

Roethlisberger initially wouldn’t comment on the situation, and coach Mike Tomlin responded to questions from AFC pool reporter Peter King about the matter with a vague “not that I heard.”

Apparently, Tomlin needs to get better sources within his team. Because, according to King’s latest MMQB column, Roethlisberger indeed had an X-ray on his ribs. (Big Ben admitted to NBC’s Andrea Kremer that he’d had an X-ray “somewhere.”)

King also reports that, as it turns out, two of the ribs were broken, as revealed not by the X-ray but by an MRI performed after the Super Bowl.

“Fractured ribs,” Roethlisberger told King. “Luckily, in the game, I didn’t take any big hits to make ‘em hurt. But I knew all along there was something wrong. There wouldn’t have been anything they could have done about fractured ribs anyway. It was just suck it up and play.”

Micjones
02-09-2009, 12:13 PM
How many passes on the final drive? 5-6?

If 5, 16/25 is a 64% completion percentage. Not too shabby.

So he had a 64% completion percentage with no TD's and a pick...
In the biggest game of the year.

Real impressive.
:rolleyes:

DeezNutz
02-09-2009, 12:21 PM

Real impressive.

Good grief.

He played well, the entire game. Wasn't the pick a deflected pass? Anyway, I'm not going to argue it.

You think he played poorly. Fine. Think that. But Roethlisberger did what he always does. Competed hard, kept his team in the game, and gave them a chance to win in the end.

As usual, in the biggest moments he sacked up and got it done. A typical performance for a high-level QB. Just another Sunday.

dirk digler
02-09-2009, 12:21 PM

Real impressive.

All the while playing with broken ribs

Micjones
02-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Good grief.

He played well, the entire game.

If you say so. The numbers say otherwise.
He was a relative non-factor prior to the last drive of the game.

As usual, in the biggest moments he sacked up and got it done. A typical performance for a high-level QB. Just another Sunday.

This lap-riding you guys are doing is unbelievable.
There were probably 20 QB's better than Roethlisberger this season.

You're making him out to be Johnny Unitas.
He's not...

Micjones
02-09-2009, 12:33 PM
All the while playing with broken ribs

OMG.

I'm sure he wasn't the only player in the game playing through an injury.
And King, himself, said he was unaffected by the injury.
Gimme a break.

RealSNR
02-09-2009, 12:41 PM
I'd rather have a guy like Manning, Brady, and Warner, who can lead game winning drives AS WELL AS put up CONSISTENT production the ENTIRE game.

THAT'S the definition of a franchise QB.

Micjones
02-09-2009, 12:42 PM
I'd rather have a guy like Manning, Brady, and Warner, who can lead game winning drives AS WELL AS put up CONSISTENT production the ENTIRE game.

This.

CrazyHorse
02-09-2009, 12:43 PM
In the end, without a 100 yard int return for a TD the Cards would be SB champs.

Fact is the defense played all season at a high level. Not just crunch time. Without the defense playing the way they did all year we would be talking about how Ben hangs on to the ball too long and takes too many sacks.

RUSH
02-09-2009, 12:46 PM

No, that's the definition of a hall of fame QB, and they are obviously rare. Franchise QB's are the likes of Rivers, Ben, Eli, Ryan etc.

dirk digler
02-09-2009, 12:46 PM
OMG.

I'm sure he wasn't the only player in the game playing through an injury.
And King, himself, said he was unaffected by the injury.
Gimme a break.

Whatever. The fact remains that Ben is a franchise QB with 2 SB wins and is a great clutch player.

But keep on thinking that Thigpen is better.

RustShack
02-09-2009, 12:47 PM
I love people who don't watch the game and go off the stats.

DeezNutz
02-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Whatever. The fact remains that Ben is a franchise QB with 2 SB wins and is a great clutch player.

Is that what's driving all this? Thigpen love?

No way...right?

dirk digler
02-09-2009, 12:54 PM

No way...right?

Yeah they think Thigpen => Big Ben

CrazyHorse
02-09-2009, 12:54 PM

No way...right?

I certainly didn't claim Thigpen a better QB. Not sure I have seen that anywhere in this thread. I'm simply claiming Ben isn't what I would consider one of the greats. I also contend that the Steelers went to the SB based on defense rather than QB play. Im told a middle of the road QB is the reason and not the #1 defense based on a couple of throws on one drive.

DeezNutz
02-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Yeah they think Thigpen => Big Ben

Ok. Damn. Whatever.

Roethlisberger is one of the top QB's in the game today. He played through injuries that would have damn near killed Croyle, but, whatever. That's the benefit of having a franchise QB who happens to be 6'5" 250.

Even thinking about comparing Thigpen to Roethlisberger is laughable.

Micjones
02-09-2009, 01:02 PM

Wait... Hold on. I NEVER said Thigpen was better.
That's crazy talk.

I just didn't think he played well in the Superbowl.
I also think he isn't as good as some people like to think.

Micjones
02-09-2009, 01:03 PM
I love people who don't watch the game and go off the stats.

Good thing I watched the game.

DeezNutz
02-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Good thing I watched the game.

Is the quotation in your sig. something that you believe strongly in, or something else?

Micjones
02-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Is the quotation in your sig. something that you believe strongly in, or something else?

*Sigh*

It's from the Boondocks man!!!
And let's not get into that here in this thread.

DeezNutz
02-09-2009, 01:19 PM
*Sigh*

It's from the Boondocks man!!!
And let's not get into that here in this thread.

Right on.

No, I don't want to go down that path, just wondering.

CoMoChief
02-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Statistically no but when it comes to making a big play he is one of the best. The guy is clutch and that is what separates great QB's from good or average.

Just think about Joe Montana, he didn't always have the best stats but he was money in the big games

I would never put Big Ben and Joe Cool in the same category.

1ChiefsDan
02-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Good grief.

He played well, the entire game. Wasn't the pick a deflected pass? Anyway, I'm not going to argue it.

You think he played poorly. Fine. Think that. But Roethlisberger did what he always does. Competed hard, kept his team in the game, and gave them a chance to win in the end.

As usual, in the biggest moments he sacked up and got it done. A typical performance for a high-level QB. Just another Sunday.When did Ben adopt Herm's philosophy?ROFL

-King-
02-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Roethlisberger is basically just a game manager. He is above average, but he is asked to do exactly what Kerry Collins is asked to do. Manage the game, dont give up turnovers, let the defense win it, and put the offense in scoring position. Without any doubt, Roethlisberger would have NEVER sniffed any superbowls without his defense. He is a franchise qb, but to say he is a GREAT qb is a great overstatement. He's not even a Matt Ryan. If you asked me right now to pick a qb, I'd take Matt Ryan over him. Matt is not just a game manager.

DeezNutz
02-09-2009, 03:04 PM
When did Ben adopt Herm's philosophy?ROFL

ROFL

All right. Ya dirty sonsofbitches. 4321

WilliamTheIrish
02-09-2009, 03:06 PM

Got it.

Take care

You should feel much better now.

Brock
02-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Roethlisberger is basically just a game manager. He is above average, but he is asked to do exactly what Kerry Collins is asked to do. Manage the game, dont give up turnovers, let the defense win it, and put the offense in scoring position. Without any doubt, Roethlisberger would have NEVER sniffed any superbowls without his defense. He is a franchise qb, but to say he is a GREAT qb is a great overstatement. He's not even a Matt Ryan. If you asked me right now to pick a qb, I'd take Matt Ryan over him. Matt is not just a game manager.

Game managers don't make that throw at the end of the game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Personally. I give credit to the defense.

You must be saying the 2 defenses are equal. Or perhaps all other things are equal?

Stats are not the beginning and end of a players productivity. Oh wait, yes they are. The stats aren't everything arguement are for those left with no arguement.

Ben makes plays at times. But is not the reason the Steelers made the SB, or won the SB. However the defense is. Without that 100 yard int, the Card would have won that game.

It was thier defense. Statistics will prove that out.

The same defense that gave up over 400 yards and had two chances to stop Az in the 4th quarter and failed both times?

That defense? The one that registered two sacks against Mike Gandy and Levi Brown?

That one?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-09-2009, 03:22 PM
You know what I hate?

Overrated fatasses who have more 4th quarter comebacks since they've started playing than anyone else in football who also happened to lead a 90 yard drive with 3 minutes left in the Super Bowl with one healthy receiver and two broken ribs.

What an overrated sack that guy is.

CrazyHorse
02-09-2009, 04:28 PM
The same defense that gave up over 400 yards and had two chances to stop Az in the 4th quarter and failed both times?

That defense? The one that registered two sacks against Mike Gandy and Levi Brown?

That one?

Yep, that one.

The one that had an INT return for a TD. That 14 point swing ultimately was the difference in the game.

Micjones
02-09-2009, 05:19 PM
You know what I hate?

Overrated fatasses who have more 4th quarter comebacks since they've started playing than anyone else in football...

That might be much more impressive if he'd been in the league longer than 4 years.

-King-
02-09-2009, 08:35 PM
You know what I hate?

Overrated fatasses who have more 4th quarter comebacks since they've started playing than anyone else in football who also happened to lead a 90 yard drive with 3 minutes left in the Super Bowl with one healthy receiver and two broken ribs.

Tell me, who do you give more credit during that final drive? Ben or Holmes?

To me, it's clear that Holmes did more to help them win than Ben. Bens passes were all less than 20 yards. Holmes did the rest of the work on that drive. He ran for most of the yards. Holmes on that drive > Ben.

And Ben said it himself, he just threw the ball up, it was all luck. He thought it was going to be picked off and he had already started running back just incase they returned it. So stop will that bullshit. He got lucky and he admitted it.

http://ownersedge.fanball.com/nfl/news.php?tqid=5273&type=news&nid=55058

-King-
02-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Game managers don't make that throw at the end of the game.

http://ownersedge.fanball.com/nfl/news.php?tqid=5273&type=news&nid=55058 Luck.

Mecca
02-09-2009, 08:50 PM
This thread got even dumber after I left...

KCChiefsKing do you know RibKing?

You guys seem like you'd get along pretty well with your takes...

-King-
02-09-2009, 08:59 PM
No. I dont know who that is. But everyones point was that only Ben could make that throw and a franchise qb makes that throw... but even Ben thought it would be a pick. So all that Ben rah rah stuff is thrown out the window.

Mecca
02-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Why have we had 2 threads about 2 of the better young QB's in our conference being "not that good" when we don't even have a QB?

big nasty kcnut
02-09-2009, 09:02 PM
All i'm saying is let him have a chance as a starter. I'm tired of the qb battle every year. Also let draft a qb for the future. In the later time in the draft.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
02-09-2009, 09:05 PM
I'd rather not go over that again....Thigpen is the later round QB...

-King-
02-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Sanchez is not deserving of a 3rd pick. Say what you will, he is not a top 5 pick. Stafford is, but not Sanchez. Sorry to dishonor your sig and avy.

Mecca
02-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Sanchez is not deserving of a 3rd pick. Say what you will, he is not a top 5 pick. Stafford is, but not Sanchez. Sorry to dishonor your sig and avy.

I'm sure your opinion is heavily valued with your line of red bars there.

-King-
02-09-2009, 09:29 PM
^^ Yeah, they look nice huh? But if I say something slightly less than the usual "OMG we have to get Sanchez!! Hes our only hopeeeeeeeeeee!!!" people give me a neg reg. So I dont really care. People are getting their panties so up in a bind that they dont even want to hear opinions that differ from theirs. So like I said, Sanchez is not top 5. He hasnt proven himself to be top 5. No one knows if he had a fluke year or if he is consistent. He is nowhere near Stafford.

Mecca
02-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Do you by any chance post over at WPI or the coalition...

-King-
02-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Nope. I dont have an account at any of those. I'd be damned if I'm affiliated with WPI.

Mecca
02-09-2009, 09:55 PM
LOL you seem to share alot of the views that happen over there.

-King-
02-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Shit happens I guess. But seriously, giving a 3rd pick to a basically unproven player is unrealistic. If we fuck up and dont draft Sanchez and he turns out to be great, then we have a chance at getting another qb early next year. If Im right(which I hope I'm not) and it was a fluke year, then we wasted a pick on him and it will take YEARS for us to recover. One good year is no reason to pick a guy 3rd overall. We dont know if he can be consistent year to year.

Mecca
02-09-2009, 10:03 PM
If you haven't noticed next years QB class is balls.

All the guys people were looking at for that class came out this year.

Deberg_1990
02-09-2009, 10:07 PM
My IQ just dropped 50 points after browsing through this thread...

RustShack
02-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Shit happens I guess. But seriously, giving a 3rd pick to a basically unproven player is unrealistic. If we fuck up and dont draft Sanchez and he turns out to be great, then we have a chance at getting another qb early next year. If Im right(which I hope I'm not) and it was a fluke year, then we wasted a pick on him and it will take YEARS for us to recover. One good year is no reason to pick a guy 3rd overall. We dont know if he can be consistent year to year.

:doh!:

-King-
02-09-2009, 10:08 PM
My IQ just dropped 50 points after browsing through this thread...

Wasnt that high to begin with.

-King-
02-09-2009, 10:09 PM
:doh!:

We should draft the guy in your avy if he's there. But reaching for Matt Sanchez is crazy!!

beach tribe
02-09-2009, 11:33 PM
We should draft the guy in your avy if he's there. But reaching for Matt Sanchez is crazy!!

Who the hell is Matt Sanchez. Are you talking about Mark Sanchez? The Chiefs savior?

beach tribe
02-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Where is that article where the author breaks down the performances of Stafford, and Sanchez? It is very telling.

OnTheWarpath15
02-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Where is that article where the author breaks down the performances of Stafford, and Sanchez? It is very telling.

When you find it, do me favor and PM it to me, would you?

Thanks.

Shaid
02-10-2009, 01:21 AM
Shitty QB's win 2 superbowls in 4 years..they also routinely lead game winning drives in the 4th quarter..

The first Super Bowl the Steelers won in spite of Rothlisberger. He played very badly in that game.

...and that awesome throw at the end of this game? Rothlisberger himself said that he didn't even see the db until he let go of the ball and then he thought he threw an int. Check out this video at about 1:40. Yes he's a decent QB but out of all the true franchise QB's, I'd probably take him last.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/19vaoeNw72E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/19vaoeNw72E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DaneMcCloud
02-10-2009, 01:43 AM

Kill yourself with a herpes and AIDS injection.

MadMax
02-10-2009, 01:57 AM
Shit happens I guess. But seriously, giving a 3rd pick to a basically unproven player is unrealistic. If we **** up and dont draft Sanchez and he turns out to be great, then we have a chance at getting another qb early next year. If Im right(which I hope I'm not) and it was a fluke year, then we wasted a pick on him and it will take YEARS for us to recover. One good year is no reason to pick a guy 3rd overall. We dont know if he can be consistent year to year.

We should definatelly wait till it's a "sure" thing.;);) STFU

Agent V
02-10-2009, 06:20 AM

How do you figure it will take "years" to recover from a bad pick? How was Sanchez's year a fluke? This whole thread is fucking retarded.

Danman
02-10-2009, 06:33 AM
Shit happens I guess. But seriously, giving a 3rd pick to a basically unproven player is unrealistic. If we **** up and dont draft Sanchez and he turns out to be great, then we have a chance at getting another qb early next year. If Im right(which I hope I'm not) and it was a fluke year, then we wasted a pick on him and it will take YEARS for us to recover. One good year is no reason to pick a guy 3rd overall. We dont know if he can be consistent year to year.

First of all there are no sure picks. Busts happen. Any player drafted with any pick is an unproven player. By your way of thinking we should never draft another player regardless of position, EVER.

If we don't draft Sanchez, or Stafford for that matter, and they turn out to be great we have really f**ked up. The teams that draft and develop them will be that much better than we are.

The reason so many on this board want to draft a QB this year are:

1. Clark Hunt has said over the last 2 years he wants to draft and develop a franchise QB.

2. The most tried and true way of building a team in the NFL (and we are building in KC) is to draft a franchise QB and fill in complimentary players after the QB is in place.

3. In order to have a shot at selecting a franchise QB, you normally have to have a very high 1st round draft position. They are VERY MUCH in demand by all NFL teams. They generally don't last long in the draft and are usually taken with higher picks. Last year the Chiefs had the #5 pick. Going into the draft there was one QB considered a franchise QB-he was drafted with the #3 pick, so we didn't have a chance to draft him. This year we have the #3 pick.

4. In considering who we may select with the #3 pick Chiefplaneteers have speculated our biggest needs as QB, DE, LB, OL. Of these we've speculated:

a. OL. Generally the only OL selection worthy of a #3 pick is the LT position. Although there are some nice unproven candidates available this year, we used a first round selection on a LT, Albert, last year. We do not need another LT.
b. DE. There is not one DE who is head and shoulders above all the other DEs available this year. Some consider the prospects who probably will be available with the second round pick to be just as good as the player we may get with the first round pick. Also, we feel that in next year's draft, there will be an abundance of high quality DEs available.

c. LB. Some on this board would never draft a LB high in the 1st round. Every year Baltimore and Pittsburg find good players at LB in the 2nd, 3rd rounds etc. There are exceptions and this year there is one unproven prospect, Aaron Curry, who may be worthy of a high pick if your team projects him at OL in a rush position.

d. QB. This year there are two unproven players projected as high 1st round draft picks. Next years draft, right now, looks underwhelming. Plus we expect not to have the #3 pick in the draft next year. We may never be in a better spot to draft a franchise QB.

Those are the reasons for all the QB hype in so many threads. Some of us favor an aggressive approach, not only in on-the-field play, but in the draft as well. Are there risks? Sure, but we feel the rewards are higher than the risks.

-King-
02-10-2009, 02:41 PM
How do you figure it will take "years" to recover from a bad pick? How was Sanchez's year a fluke? This whole thread is ****ing retarded.

Think about the money we would have to give to a #3 pick. YOu think it would be easy to recover if he busts? I'm not saying it's a fluke, Im not saying thats its not a fluke either. Its one fucking year. Nobody knows if he can keep it up. One of the greatest things to have in the NFL is consistency. Nobody knows if this kid has consistency. He has only one year of college experience under his belt and we want to give him the key to this team and 70+ million?

-King-
02-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Kill yourself with a herpes and AIDS injection.

Thats cute. Once again, you come into a thread and dick ride Sanchez without any credible argument.

-King-
02-10-2009, 02:44 PM
We should definatelly wait till it's a "sure" thing.;);) STFU

Not saying that.. I'm saying that this is TOO much of a risk. Thats like buying stock after one rise. Dont you need to see it rise consistently before you buy? We are investing our future into this qb. Dont you want to see much more than 1 year of production before you put in 70+ million?

Brock
02-10-2009, 02:45 PM
http://ownersedge.fanball.com/nfl/news.php?tqid=5273&type=news&nid=55058 Luck.

Yeah, so lucky he made the same throw twice. Incredibly stupid.

-King-
02-10-2009, 02:45 PM
The first Super Bowl the Steelers won in spite of Rothlisberger. He played very badly in that game.

...and that awesome throw at the end of this game? Rothlisberger himself said that he didn't even see the db until he let go of the ball and then he thought he threw an int. Check out this video at about 1:40. Yes he's a decent QB but out of all the true franchise QB's, I'd probably take him last.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/19vaoeNw72E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/19vaoeNw72E&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thanks, I posted the quote earlier but there is no denying this. Their whole "only a franchise qb makes that throw" argument goes out of the window.

-King-
02-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah, so lucky he made the same throw twice. Incredibly stupid.

What are you saying? That he knew exactly what was he was doing and he thought it would be a TD? If so you are dumber than I thought. Watch that video and shut up. He said he thought it was going to be picked. So yeah, luck.

Brock
02-10-2009, 02:49 PM
What are you saying? That he knew exactly what was he was doing and he thought it would be a TD? If so you are dumber than I thought. Watch that video and shut up. He said he thought it was going to be picked. So yeah, luck.

He threw the same pass 2 times in a row and if Holmes hangs on to it the first time, the second throw would have been unnecessary anyway.

Secondly, looking at the throw it was obvious that it wasn't going to be intercepted, it doesn't really matter what he thought about it at the time.

Fritz88
02-10-2009, 02:51 PM
I think Thigpen needs to be given a full off season to work on his mistakes and contend for a starting spot.

Do I think that Scott and Todd know what the heck they are doing.

Yes and I will be fine if they drafted a QB in the first round.

-King-
02-10-2009, 02:54 PM
It doesn't matter what he thought? What type of shit is that? It was real close to being picked, 3 Cards were in that corner. I'd rather have a qb who thinks he's going to throw a TD every time than one who thinks he threw a bad ball and a pick. Seriously, what do you mean that it doesnt matter what he thinks? The first throw Holmes was more open than the 2nd and Ben led him too much and threw it too high.

Ben is a good qb. But to say he is great is a great overstatement. There are atleast 10 qbs better.

Brock
02-10-2009, 02:56 PM
It doesn't matter what he thought? What type of shit is that? It was real close to being picked, 3 Cards were in that corner. I'd rather have a qb who thinks he's going to throw a TD every time than one who thinks he threw a bad ball and a pick. Seriously, what do you mean that it doesnt matter what he thinks? The first throw Holmes was more open than the 2nd and Ben led him too much and threw it too high.

Ben is a good qb. But to say he is great is a great overstatement. There are atleast 10 qbs better.

I don't care if he thinks it was a good throw or not. It was a great throw, a super bowl winning throw, a throw that will be replayed on highlights for the next century, the kind of throw Tyler Thigpen could never make in his wildest dreams.

-King-
02-10-2009, 02:57 PM
I think Thigpen needs to be given a full off season to work on his mistakes and contend for a starting spot.

Do I think that Scott and Todd know what the heck they are doing.

Yes and I will be fine if they drafted a QB in the first round.

Me too. But I'm sick with everyone on this board saying that Thigpen is bad and needs to be cut. They act like he played in a good environment under a good qb developer. They act like he was supposed to be All pro despite the environment and time he was placed in. He was thrust into the starting role without a lot of time to memorize the teams plays, so of course the team would use a system he was familiar with. If a #3 qb suddenly has to play, a team sure as hell make adjustments to make him feel comfortable.

Brock
02-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Does anybody care whether Joe Montana thinks he threw a great pass that Dwight Clark had to leap for in the end zone?

-King-
02-10-2009, 02:58 PM
I don't care if he thinks it was a good throw or not. It was a great throw, a super bowl winning throw, a throw that will be replayed on highlights for the next century, the kind of throw Tyler Thigpen could never make in his wildest dreams.

It was more of Holmes play than it was Bens. Bens part was luck(he admitted it) Holmes was skill. He was the one who caught it and had the body control to get both feet down. Stop acting like Ben was the one who made that drive. It was Holmes the whole drive.

-King-
02-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Does anybody care whether Joe Montana thinks he threw a great pass that Dwight Clark had to leap for in the end zone?

Joe Montana is on a whole other level. He made the 49ers what they were. Ben does not make Pittsburgh who they are. It was clear that Montana was the one who lead them to the titles, the defense led the Steelers to this superbowl. #s tell the whole story. Look at their numbers, during this season Ben had 17 TDs 15 picks. Are you saying he is the reason they made it to the superbowl?

P.S. Thanks for the neg rep. :D

Brock
02-10-2009, 03:02 PM
It was more of Holmes play than it was Bens. Bens part was luck(he admitted it) Holmes was skill. He was the one who caught it and had the body control to get both feet down. Stop acting like Ben was the one who made that drive. It was Holmes the whole drive.

It was Ben who made the drive. Avoiding sacks, making throws that third tier guys like Thigpen can only fantasize about. It doesn't matter what he says, of course he'll give the credit to everybody else, that's what a leader does.

Brock
02-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Joe Montana is on a whole other level. He made the 49ers what they were. Ben does not make Pittsburgh who they are. It was clear that Montana was the one who lead them to the titles, the defense led the Steelers to this superbowl. #s tell the whole story. Look at their numbers, during this season Ben had 17 TDs 15 picks. Are you saying he is the reason they made it to the superbowl?

P.S. Thanks for the neg rep. :D

Joe Montana was surrounded by talent, quit acting like he wasn't. That's just retarded.

-King-
02-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Joe Montana was surrounded by talent, quit acting like he wasn't. That's just retarded.

Yeah, Santonio Holmes, Heath Miller, and Hines Ward are just your run of the mill receivers. :doh!:

-King-
02-10-2009, 03:12 PM
PS. Thigpen had two 1k receivers(Tony G. and Bowe), Ben only had 1. Not saying Thigpen is better, but just throwing stuff out.

Give Thigpen a qualified qb coach and he'll learn to play in the pro. Or he can be like Peyton and play mainly out of a shotgun until they get to goal line situations. If he had a good qb coach, he'd be doing fine. You people act like his qb coach was McDaniels.

Danman
02-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Think about the money we would have to give to a #3 pick. YOu think it would be easy to recover if he busts?

Dude! It ain't your money. If Clark, Pioli, and Haley are OK with it, Why do you care/ It's the cost of doing business in the NFL. You want to be build a championship team or be 8-8 every year.

Wait, I remember, you only want safe picks. You don't want to draft anybody, spend any money. You're happy being 8-8 every year. You think that the current 53 players on our roster are better than any other club except they need to try harder. You surely don't want to take a chance and build a championship team.

-King-
02-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Dude! It ain't your money. If Clark, Pioli, and Haley are OK with it, Why do you care/ It's the cost of doing business in the NFL. You want to be build a championship team or be 8-8 every year.

Wait, I remember, you only want safe picks. You don't want to draft anybody, spend any money. You're happy being 8-8 every year. You think that the current 53 players on our roster are better than any other club except they need to try harder. You surely don't want to take a chance and build a championship team.

LMFAO! You damn right I care. The more money we spend on one player, the less we can spend on others. Wtf is wrong with you.

And where the hell did you get that I only wanted safe picks? I just dont want to draft someone with ONE year experience. The guy has played what? 16 games in college and now he's a #3 pick? What the hell? He has one year under his belt and he's a top 5 pick? I dont want to spend 70+ mil and be cap strapped to the point we cant even do shit to resolve the situation . You dont build a championship team by giving one player a shit load of money when he has had one good year and you cant even prove that he is consistent. You build championship TEAMS by making sure each player is qualified for the long run.

I dont get how you equate Mark Sanchez with Championship team. It's not even like he took his team to the Championship. You're acting like he broke records in USC. He didnt so I dont see how he is worthy of being a #3 pick after three years. Hopefully Pioli and Haley see something that I dont but I dont see the logic of investing much needed money in such a risk.

This board and others are always clamouring for experience. YOu want Bill Cowher because his teams always make it to the playoffs. YOu want Shanahan because he has a lot of experience and two SB rings. You want us to get a good experienced LB to lead our defense... then you want us to get a player who has ONE year of college experience..not NFL...college experience, and pay him 70+ mil and give him the key to this team. How does that work? I understand if you want Stafford, but giving up a 3rd for Sanchez is crazy. Any qb can put up good #s one year, but it takes a franchise qb to post it consistently, and how do we know Sanchez can do that?

Brock
02-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Yeah, Santonio Holmes, Heath Miller, and Hines Ward are just your run of the mill receivers. :doh!:

Oh. So all of a sudden Santonio Holmes is some kind of great wide receiver? LOL. Heath Miller is not Tony Gonzalez. But you just keep redefining the depths of dumb there, little shaver.

kcbubb
02-10-2009, 03:39 PM
to all the people that love Sanchez, if he would have stayed in school, who would you take with the #3 pick?

-King-
02-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Oh. So all of a sudden Santonio Holmes is some kind of great wide receiver? LOL. Heath Miller is not Tony Gonzalez. But you just keep redefining the depths of dumb there, little shaver.

Never said they were great. But you are acting like they are not talented. Heath is a top 5 TE in the NFL. Holmes is a top 10 WR.

Brock
02-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Never said they were great. But you are acting like they are not talented. Heath is a top 5 TE in the NFL. Holmes is a top 10 WR.

Holmes isn't a top 10 WR. Health isn't a top 5 TE in the NFL. They're both okay, as the stats show.

Danman
02-10-2009, 04:01 PM
LMFAO! You damn right I care. The more money we spend on one player, the less we can spend on others. Wtf is wrong with you.

There's nothing wrong with me. I see you didn't read my post on why I want a first round QB this year. Forgive it's length. I'm sure reading is not your strong suit. I too care. I'm just sick of going 8-8 every year. I'm sick of having a strong defense and a game manager and getting beat in big games because the other team had the balls to take a risk and draft a playmaker at QB. I don't want the safe pick. I want somebody to build my whole team around. I don't care if he had 16 starts as Sanchez did, 25 as Brady had, or every game of his college career. I want a smart QB who can make plays even if the defense has throttled him all day but if he can only drive us down the field for a TD we win by 4. One who's so confident he'll get the job done he calmly goes into the huddle at the beginning of the drive, looks at each man in the huddle, and says,"You see that cheerleader over there with the big boobs and the ghetto booty? I'm gonna f**k her good tonight after we score a touchdown," and then proceeds to do just that on a consistent basis.

DeezNutz
02-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Someone wants one of those "bargain" top 3 picks. Like a Jake Long. Cheap guys.

Danman
02-10-2009, 04:11 PM
to all the people that love Sanchez, if he would have stayed in school, who would you take with the #3 pick?

Apples and oranges. He did come out. Next.

Mecca
02-10-2009, 04:33 PM
If you think Sanchez is risky, how is that risky in comparison to, starting Tyler Thigpen and then drafting a spread monkey in the 1st round next year..

Going with 2 spread monkeys sounds way more risky in my view.

Danman
02-10-2009, 04:35 PM
If you think Sanchez is risky, how is that risky in comparison to, starting Tyler Thigpen and then drafting a spread monkey in the 1st round next year..

Going with 2 spread monkeys sounds way more risky in my view.

Mecca,

You seen the article about NFL says no to spread in draft planet?

Mecca
02-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Mecca,

You seen the article about NFL says no to spread in draft planet?

Yea I posted on it...I started a thread about 5 months ago saying I thought the spread was hurting players in developing for the NFL game..

I was ahead of the curve.

-King-
02-10-2009, 10:41 PM
There's nothing wrong with me. I see you didn't read my post on why I want a first round QB this year. Forgive it's length. I'm sure reading is not your strong suit. I too care. I'm just sick of going 8-8 every year. I'm sick of having a strong defense and a game manager and getting beat in big games because the other team had the balls to take a risk and draft a playmaker at QB. I don't want the safe pick. I want somebody to build my whole team around. I don't care if he had 16 starts as Sanchez did, 25 as Brady had, or every game of his college career. I want a smart QB who can make plays even if the defense has throttled him all day but if he can only drive us down the field for a TD we win by 4. One who's so confident he'll get the job done he calmly goes into the huddle at the beginning of the drive, looks at each man in the huddle, and says,"You see that cheerleader over there with the big boobs and the ghetto booty? I'm gonna f**k her good tonight after we score a touchdown," and then proceeds to do just that on a consistent basis.

When have we ever had that?

But I agree with your whole post. But are you sure Sanchez is that? I wont be mad if we draft him, but I'm sick of everyone on message boards pretendin like he's the damn savior.

-King-
02-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Yea I posted on it...I started a thread about 5 months ago saying I thought the spread was hurting players in developing for the NFL game..

I was ahead of the curve.

So you can Dick Curl and Herm for not being able to develop qbs, yet you are already to throw Thigpen down the drain because he didnt develop? I'm on board for which ever qb Pioli and Haley decide to go with. But I dont see the logic in calling Thigpen a spread monkey if he wasn't even coached by anyone good.

Shaid
02-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Holmes isn't a top 10 WR. Health isn't a top 5 TE in the NFL. They're both okay, as the stats show.

You can't throw their stats up to make a point and discount Rothlisbergers.

BTW, I agree with you that they aren't top tier players in their position, the arguement just makes your arguement for Ben look weaker.

I'm also not pimping Thigpen, I just think people who beleive Rothlisberger is the second coming aren't looking at the whole picture. He's somewhere between good and great but he is not elite. If he had seen the DB earlier, he wouldn't have thrown the ball. If Warner had seen Harrison, he wouldn't have thrown his interception. It's all relative.

Extra Point
02-10-2009, 11:41 PM
The first two posts prove that typing english is not necessary, but helpful. Very helpful.

beach tribe
02-10-2009, 11:52 PM
When have we ever had that?

But I agree with your whole post. But are you sure Sanchez is that? I wont be mad if we draft him, but I'm sick of everyone on message boards pretendin like he's the damn savior.

There's no way to know unless you take that risk. It doesn't matter what year it is, or who the draft class is. It's kind of a crapshoot, but to get one of those guys, you're gonna have to take the risk of picking one. No 1st rnd QB is a safe pick, they are ALL a gamble, and Stafford, and Sanchez are as godd a prospects as any we're gonna get a chance at. It's a risk we must take. People like you are going to be saying this same shit about every class that comes out.
You're gonna find a reason why the player isn't worth the risk. You never know what's gonna happen, he might bust, but if he hits, the reward is something I, in my lifetime have never known, and I'm ready to bite my lip, and pray to the football gods tha he blesses us with a winner.

beach tribe
02-10-2009, 11:58 PM
You can't throw their stats up to make a point and discount Rothlisbergers.

BTW, I agree with you that they aren't top tier players in their position, the arguement just makes your arguement for Ben look weaker.

I'm also not pimping Thigpen, I just think people who beleive Rothlisberger is the second coming aren't looking at the whole picture. He's somewhere between good and great but he is not elite. If he had seen the DB earlier, he wouldn't have thrown the ball. If Warner had seen Harrison, he wouldn't have thrown his interception. It's all relative.

#s don't mean shit. The Elways, Montanas, Bradys, and now Rothlisbergers of the world are defined by seizing the "moment" Do they buckle under the ENORMOUS pressure of having the SB on the line, or do they keep a steady hand in the face the impossible, and make it happen. Do they have the "it"

I could be dead wrong. Nobody knows for sure, but I think Sanchez has it. I really do. Confidence, and the belief that they will win, and then do it.

melbar
02-11-2009, 12:02 AM
I assume you mean thAn...not then.....

unless your speaking in the past tense...

beach tribe
02-11-2009, 12:25 AM
I assume you mean thAn...not then.....

unless your speaking in the past tense...

If you're talking to me, you need your cat scanned.

-King-
02-11-2009, 03:01 PM
There's no way to know unless you take that risk. It doesn't matter what year it is, or who the draft class is. It's kind of a crapshoot, but to get one of those guys, you're gonna have to take the risk of picking one. No 1st rnd QB is a safe pick, they are ALL a gamble, and Stafford, and Sanchez are as godd a prospects as any we're gonna get a chance at. It's a risk we must take. People like you are going to be saying this same shit about every class that comes out.
You're gonna find a reason why the player isn't worth the risk. You never know what's gonna happen, he might bust, but if he hits, the reward is something I, in my lifetime have never known, and I'm ready to bite my lip, and pray to the football gods tha he blesses us with a winner.

Yeah he can hit and be a Hall of Famer. All players in the draft have that chance. But the question is, is Sanchez deserving of the #3 pick? Is his one year enough to show that he can be great on our team. Remember we were 2-14, so if Sanchez comes here, he needs to be GREAT! Do you have enough confidence in his one year that you can draft him at 3. I think he is worth a look if we had a later draft spot, but he's not a top 3 guy. Top 3 guys are guys who have done exceptional year in and year out, and Sanchez hasn't done that.

-King-
02-11-2009, 03:02 PM
If you're talking to me, you need your cat scanned.

He was talking about the OP and his thread title.