PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Lumber Liquidators?

Ceej
02-11-2009, 10:47 AM
I'm just curious if some of you folks have purchased hardwood flooring from this company.

I know there are stores in the Wichita, Kansas City and Springfield areas.

Goapics1
02-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Never heard of it.

Sorry.

Skip Towne
02-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Never heard of it.

Sorry.

Phobia will know.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-11-2009, 11:26 AM
they do a lot of donations for Habitat and Extreme Home Makeover, as well as other tv shows.

notorious
02-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Excellent customer service with above average prices. I will use them if a customer really likes a product they carry (example, check out their Bellawood American Walnut, it is by far the most beautiful I have seen yet.)

PM me on what you are looking for. I might have a distributer that I use close to where you live.

Phobia
02-11-2009, 12:21 PM
They're not bad. They have a lot of loss-leaders to get you shopping but when you look at them in person they look awful. Then their high-end stuff is pretty pricey. But it's not bad.

I have a pallet of natural bamboo I'm trying to move. Any interest in a blonde floor?

Brock
02-11-2009, 12:24 PM
They're not bad. They have a lot of loss-leaders to get you shopping but when you look at them in person they look awful. Then their high-end stuff is pretty pricey. But it's not bad.

I have a pallet of natural bamboo I'm trying to move. Any interest in a blonde floor?

how many sq feet is that?

Dave Lane
02-11-2009, 12:25 PM

Can you rebuild a roof with it??

:)

Goapics1
02-11-2009, 12:28 PM
loss-leaders

What the hell is that? Construction lingo?

notorious
02-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Basically Black Friday all of the time. They advertise $.79/ft reject laminate, or $.99/ft utility oak (with all kinds of milling problems.) to get your attention. Then you end up buying a decent product for much more than their loss leaders.

Loss leader=loss in profit/or an actual loss of money just to get a product moved or to get customer attention

Goapics1
02-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Basically Black Friday all of the time. They advertise $.79/ft reject laminate, or $.99/ft utility oak (with all kinds of milling problems.) to get your attention. Then you end up buying a decent product for much more than their loss leaders.

Loss leader=loss in profit/or losing money just to get a product moved or customer attention

Gotcha. Thanks

Ceej
02-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Honestly, I work at the one in Wichita. I am in month 4 and I love the job. Very, very stress-free. However, since we do no local advertising our store in Wichita is fairly unknown. I just wanted to get some feedback from you guys. Notorious - nice choice. Brazilian Walnut is our hardest floor. Personally, I am a fan of Tobacco Road and Matterhorn Birch. Again, as you guys as possible consumers I just wanted to get our name out. Just a small, free plug. Any more complaints/comments?
Posted via Mobile Device

Goapics1
02-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Honestly, I work at the one in Wichita. I am in month 4 and I love the job. Very, very stress-free. However, since we do no local advertising our store in Wichita is fairly unknown. I just wanted to get some feedback from you guys. Notorious - nice choice. Brazilian Walnut is our hardest floor. Personally, I am a fan of Tobacco Road and Matterhorn Birch. Again, as you guys as possible consumers I just wanted to get our name out. Just a small, free plug. Any more complaints/comments?
Posted via Mobile Device

SPAM!!!!!!

notorious
02-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Nice, Tobacco Road caught my attention when I ordered some Walnut last year. I was working with a gentleman with LL down in OKC, but since there is a LL in Wichita now........

Ceej
02-11-2009, 12:53 PM
We get that a lot. And trust me guys - I am not intentionally spamming. I was just curious what you guys thought - barring you had been inside one of our stores. Unfortunately, with the massive amount of layoffs in Wichita most likely happening our future is really up in the air.
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
02-11-2009, 12:56 PM
how many sq feet is that?

480, I believe. It could be 540. In the 500 ballpark.

Phobia
02-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Can you rebuild a roof with it??

:)
You probably could. You catch some nastiness last night?

Goapics1
02-11-2009, 12:58 PM
You probably could. You catch some nastiness last night?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=202195:)

HonestChieffan
02-11-2009, 12:58 PM
bought my oak from Sutherlands cheaper than LL had it and got better stuff

Ceej
02-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Honest, what kind? And what's the warranty? If I am being too nosy - I understand. I don't know how you could get better stuff if you've not bought and trialed both products. Just sayin.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Plow
02-11-2009, 01:10 PM
You know, I'm going to be redoing some flooring in my house.....if you had encouraged me a little bit more in COD, maybe I would consider your company.

Ceej
02-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Hey now. I offered to jumprope your Plow Jr. That is a big step in our CP/XBOX360 friendship.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ceej
02-11-2009, 01:15 PM
And I recall you not coming to my little cousin's fundraiser. It's pretty much inevitable you're coming to at least LOOK at our products.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Plow
02-11-2009, 01:34 PM
And I recall you not coming to my little cousin's fundraiser. It's pretty much inevitable you're coming to at least LOOK at our products.
Posted via Mobile Device

Damn. You 1 up'd me. Ya.....now I pretty much have to come look, don't I.

Edit: Sending in PM.

Stewie
02-11-2009, 04:03 PM
However, since we do no local advertising our store in Wichita is fairly unknown.

Doesn't their national ad campaign help? I see their commercials all the time (radio, too). I'm in the KC market so maybe it's different in Wichita.

Ceej
02-11-2009, 05:26 PM
That may be so Stewie. However, the people who have came into our store either found us on our website by chance or HGTV. Personally, I don't listen to local radio. So, maybe they do. What is ironic is that we have a President's Day sale going on this week. 145 out of the 155+ stores are getting ads in their local newspapers. Wichita, however is not. That is very upsetting especially since we're still unknown.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gracie Dean
02-11-2009, 07:42 PM
That may be so Stewie. However, the people who have came into our store either found us on our website by chance or HGTV. Personally, I don't listen to local radio. So, maybe they do. What is ironic is that we have a President's Day sale going on this week. 145 out of the 155+ stores are getting ads in their local newspapers. Wichita, however is not. That is very upsetting especially since we're still unknown.
Posted via Mobile Device

where at in ICT is LL

Ceej
02-11-2009, 08:57 PM
We're located off of West Kellogg. Get off on Tyler. We're on the southwest corner when you get off of Tyler.

We're located in a strip mall with a liquor store, a donut place and Vanderbilt's.

Groves
02-11-2009, 09:14 PM

Loss leader=loss in profit/or an actual loss of money just to get a product moved or to get customer attention

That's more like bait and switch, equally effective, though.

A loss leader is something the company decides to go ahead and sell for such a low price that they're actually losing money. That's the "Loss" part.

Their hope is that you'll storm in to buy that product, and while you're there, you'll either buy other unrelated products, or related products that they will then make their profit on.

Selling a cheap laminate, for instance, in hopes that you buy underlayment or trim or whatnot.