PDA

View Full Version : Life anyone ever been to a sedation dentist? I know there is one in Mcpherson

Gracie Dean
02-11-2009, 06:48 PM
but have yet to find one in ICT

I am going to my dentist on Monday. HE is a very good dentist...very calm and not judgemental and he really tries to minimize pain, but still

I have three cavities (occurring in the last 8 years) and I know I need to go but I am so scared...I hate dentists

so, I heard a commercial about a sedation dentist, and wondered if it was worth it to have someone drive me an hour away

or just suck up and face the shots

Buck
02-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Have you ever gone under before?

Gracie Dean
02-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Have you ever gone under before?

oh yea

I have had several surgeries

they use an IV at a sedation dentist?

that is almost as bad as shots in the mouth

Bwana
02-11-2009, 06:56 PM
He/she/it is still a dentist, hence, an evil bastage!

Phobia
02-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Man up already. Jeesh.

Gracie Dean
02-11-2009, 06:57 PM
He/she/it is still a dentist, hence, an evil bastage!

yea, I know

I am thinking false teeth sound kind of good right now

Gracie Dean
02-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Man up already. Jeesh.

I am a HUGE pain baby

especially shots in the mouth

uggggggggg

mlyonsd
I had a tooth with a root canal that split in half and had to be removed. Because of where the roots were located my dentist didn't want to do it and referred me to an oral surgeon. My dentist warned me that it might get ugly and I might want to think about being sedated.

Best advice I ever got. Partly because I hate novocaine shots, and partly because all dentist types give me the willy's.

I see no reason not to do it if you're apprehensive. (other than cost)

Gracie Dean
if I went to a sedation dentist, it could ALL be done in one full visit

Gracie Dean
02-11-2009, 06:59 PM
I had a tooth with a root canal that split in half and had to be removed. Because of where the roots were located my dentist didn't want to do it and referred me to an oral surgeon. My dentist warned me that it might get ugly and I might want to think about being sedated.

Best advice I ever got. Partly because I hate novocaine shots, and partly because all dentist types give me the willy's.

I see no reason not to do it if you're apprehensive. (other than cost)

thats what I am thinking

cost be dammed

(but we do have good insurance so I think it would be covered)

mlyonsd
02-11-2009, 06:59 PM
oh yea

I have had several surgeries

they use an IV at a sedation dentist?

that is almost as bad as shots in the mouth They put a shunt into your hand and put you out that way.

Gracie Dean
02-11-2009, 07:00 PM
They put a shunt into your hand and put you out that way.

my second worse fear

IVs

Donger
02-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Don't dentists use nitrous oxide any longer?

Buck
02-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Yeah its the same as getting surgery.

That shit scares me. I'd rather be awake and just get the shot of novacaine.

mlyonsd
02-11-2009, 07:04 PM
my second worse fear

IVs

I'm lucky there, not afraid of normal needles and I have huge veins, even in my hands.

When my dentist did the root canal he gave me a novacaine shot so deep he hit a nerve somewhere in the side of my head. I had an instant burn through the left side of my face all the way through my nose. My nose was tingly for three hours.

If it weren't for that I might have gone with just novocaine but didn't want the apprehension of going through that again.

Cost wise my insurance picked it up and I can't really tell you how much they charge to put me out.

Bwana
02-11-2009, 07:05 PM
:doh!:

mlyonsd
02-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Don't dentists use nitrous oxide any longer?

Only when it's socialized dentistry.

WilliamTheIrish
02-11-2009, 07:10 PM
my second worse fear

IVs

Just let your teeth rot. Christ, I've seen three year old kids that have more gumption than you.

What's with the "don't like IV's"? It a butterfly needle, that goes right into the antecubital vein, it's lights out and done.

Try being an adult, candy ass.

Bwana
02-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Or THIS! :shake:

Phobia
02-11-2009, 07:19 PM
I am a HUGE pain baby

uggggggggg
You've had a prick in your mouth before.

Gracie Dean
02-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Just let your teeth rot. Christ, I've seen three year old kids that have more gumption than you.

What's with the "don't like IV's"? It a butterfly needle, that goes right into the antecubital vein, it's lights out and done.

Try being an adult, candy ass.

so it is my one weakness

I hate needles and IVs...so yes I guess I am a baby

bowener
02-11-2009, 07:30 PM
I am a HUGE pain baby

uggggggggg

Dont feel bad man. I hate shots too, just something about them, especially in the mouth, or eye etc.

I had a piece of metal stuck in my face once, just below the right eye, and it starting forming a cyst. When the Dr cam around and started to jab a needle in my face just below my eye, I refused and told them to go ahead and just use the lance. They were confused since the lance was going to hurt more, I just said I have a phobia of needles, especially when it is near my eye.

So, I guess I am just stupid and irrationally afraid of needles, not the pain. Its pretty lame and keeps me from seeing Dr's sometimes.

Gracie Dean
02-11-2009, 07:31 PM
I am pretty strong and strong willed about many things

but wave a needle in front of me meant for my mouth or IV's I become worse than a 2 year old

don't know what it is or why...it just is

bowener
02-11-2009, 07:35 PM
so it is my one weakness

I hate needles and IVs...so yes I guess I am a babyhttp://www.whataboutpj.com/wp-content/baby-sinclair.jpg

NOT THE BABY!

Gracie Dean
02-11-2009, 07:38 PM
hehe

love it