PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So if the rams get rid of bulger...

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 08:27 AM
are we fucked? SI.com truth and rumors is saying that bulger could be a cap cut and the jets are interested. If thats the case they would have to take a qb right?:cuss:

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Maybe

Maybe Not

CoMoChief
02-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Prob. Unless they think about bringing back Kurt warner

PastorMikH
02-12-2009, 08:35 AM
I'd wondered with Bulger's drop in production if they might be looking to draft. Bulger's 31 now and though he's decent, he's not exceptional. It would be a good time for them to take a QB and start working on their next QB.

Strong possibility Detroit takes a QB
Also a possibility IMO STL could be looking QB

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 08:37 AM
I'd wondered with Bulger's drop in production if they might be looking to draft. Bulger's 31 now and though he's decent, he's not exceptional. It would be a good time for them to take a QB and start working on their next QB.

Strong possibility Detroit takes a QB
Also a possibility IMO STL could be looking QB

so that leaves us in REAL bad spot

Rooster
02-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Stafford and Sanchez going #1 and #2 overall would send some around here in complete meltdown mode.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 08:38 AM
If the Post Dispatch was suggesting this, I'd think it might have some legs.

Since the Daily News is suggesting it, I give it no credence whatsoever.

If they were going to draft a QB, they'd do so, and sit him for a year, then cut Bulger in 2010 when the cap hit is more manageable.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 08:40 AM
If the Post Dispatch was suggesting this, I'd think it might have some legs.

Since the Daily News is suggesting it, I give it no credence whatsoever.

If they were going to draft a QB, they'd do so, and sit him for a year, then cut Bulger in 2010 when the cap hit is more manageable.

so you are thinking that at #2 they might take a qb? or is this bullshit to get us to trade up?

talastan
02-12-2009, 08:41 AM
It would be epic the type of meltdown those on the Planet would have. I want either of the QB's or Curry personally. I see though if the QB's do go 1 and then 2, we'll be in a prime spot for trade down being that anyone who needs an OT will have their pick if they trade with us. :hmmm:

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 08:45 AM
so you are thinking that at #2 they might take a qb? or is this bullshit to get us to trade up?

Doubtful, IMO. Again, consider the source. Might as well been the National Enquirer.

Though I do think that if Detroit passes on Stafford, they would seriously consider it.

Stafford turns 21 this year, they could sit him and cut Bulger next year, and he'd still only be 22.

I personally think that the coaching staff realizes that Bulger didn't just wake up one day and turn into a shitty QB, and expect him to be a better player if they get him some OL help and some decent playcalling. The guy has gotten pounded the past 4 years, going from Martz to Saunders - these guys don't leave anyone in to help protect the QB, and Bulger has taken a lot of hits.

I gotta head to class, I'll check in on this in a few hours.

PastorMikH
02-12-2009, 08:51 AM
In what scenarios does Detroit NOT take Stafford?

In other words, what needs do they have that outweigh QB?

talastan
02-12-2009, 08:53 AM
The guy has gotten pounded the past 4 years, going from Martz to Saunders - these guys don't leave anyone in to help protect the QB, and Bulger has taken a lot of hits.

Good point, you'd think that Saunders would build up the O-line to run his Coryell O.

talastan
02-12-2009, 08:54 AM

If they decide to go for the safe pick and get an OT. Which could happen if Schwartz wants to hit a homerun right out of the gate. I still think the Lions go QB though IMO.

DaKCMan AP
02-12-2009, 08:55 AM

MLB, SLB, LOT

CoMoChief
02-12-2009, 09:03 AM

They need defense too

Stryker
02-12-2009, 09:14 AM
so that leaves us in REAL bad spot

No, it doesn't. All this bullshit about Stafford and Sanchez is really overkill. I hope to God BOTH are gone and we are FORCED to pick someone else. We need a QB that can start or backup RIGHT now. I will be VERY HAPPY to have Curry @ #3. Let the Lions and Rams have them both - I will be happy when both do not pan out as most on this board believe they will. Their loss not ours. Move forward and sign a vet to a one year contract. If we were to get a Sanchez or Stafford then our HC decides to switch to a 3 - 4 D then we are going to be fucked regardless!

Gdaddy
02-12-2009, 09:19 AM
I believe the Rams keep Bulger one more year and get help on the O-Line. He is a good QB, just needs O-Line help.

DaKCMan AP
02-12-2009, 09:19 AM
No, it doesn't. All this bullshit about Stafford and Sanchez is really overkill. I hope to God BOTH are gone and we are FORCED to pick someone else. We need a QB that can start or backup RIGHT now. I will be VERY HAPPY to have Curry @ #3. Let the Lions and Rams have them both - I will be happy when both do not pan out as most on this board believe they will. Their loss not ours. Move forward and sign a vet to a one year contract. If we were to get a Sanchez or Stafford then our HC decides to switch to a 3 - 4 D then we are going to be ****ed regardless!

When do you address the QB position? Or are you in the "keep doing what we've been doing for the last 20 years" camp?

CoMoChief
02-12-2009, 09:20 AM
I believe the Rams keep Bulger one more year and get help on the O-Line. He is a good QB, just needs O-Line help.

He holds the ball waaaaaay too long. As good as he once was, I think he might have plateau'd. I havent seen a good season from him in a few years.

CoMoChief
02-12-2009, 09:26 AM
When do you address the QB position? Or are you in the "keep doing what we've been doing for the last 20 years" camp?

Some people on here are for drafting Sanchez just to draft a QB high since we never have when in fact its a total risk pick and you cant fuck up a pick at #3 overall.

Im all for drafting a QB high when its a good idea to. This season class doesn't have IMO a QB worth taking that high.....maybe Stafford, but def not Sanchez at #3. No way.

Skyy God
02-12-2009, 09:30 AM
He holds the ball waaaaaay too long. As good as he once was, I think he might have plateau'd. I havent seen a good season from him in a few years.

I've said this from the jump.... they would have been better off staying put, drafting Cutler, and trading Bulger in a year when he still had value.

ChiefRon
02-12-2009, 09:37 AM
No, it doesn't. All this bullshit about Stafford and Sanchez is really overkill. I hope to God BOTH are gone and we are FORCED to pick someone else. We need a QB that can start or backup RIGHT now. I will be VERY HAPPY to have Curry @ #3. Let the Lions and Rams have them both - I will be happy when both do not pan out as most on this board believe they will. Their loss not ours. Move forward and sign a vet to a one year contract. If we were to get a Sanchez or Stafford then our HC decides to switch to a 3 - 4 D then we are going to be ****ed regardless!

OMG, here we go again.

And if both become Pro Bowlers, and we have another DJ + Jeff Garcia, what will you say then, especially in 2010 or 2011 when we're having this argument again? "We had our chance to draft a franchise QB and we blew it so we should draft the safe pick OT..."

Rooster
02-12-2009, 09:39 AM

I'm pretty sure they are still going to have drafts after this one.

DaKCMan AP
02-12-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm pretty sure they are still going to have drafts after this one.

In your opinion, is next year's QB class better than this year's?

CoMoChief
02-12-2009, 09:46 AM
I've said this from the jump.... they would have been better off staying put, drafting Cutler, and trading Bulger in a year when he still had value.

Thats prob true. I hate the Rams so fuck 'em!!!

CoMoChief
02-12-2009, 09:47 AM
OMG, here we go again.

And if both become Pro Bowlers, and we have another DJ + Jeff Garcia, what will you say then, especially in 2010 or 2011 when we're having this argument again? "We had our chance to draft a franchise QB and we blew it so we should draft the safe pick OT..."

Ad if he becomes a Ryan Leaf that would set this franchise back a fuckin decade.

Coogs
02-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Personally, I think if the Rams let Bulger walk, then the Chiefs need to trade up with the Lions and make sure we get the QB that we want. Too big of a gamble IMO to not do that.

I know I am in the minority on this one... might even by alone on this one, but if I were Pioli and Haley and were true to our words of doing this thing right, I would forgo a couple of draft picks to get the right QB to continue building this thing around. Get some more o-linemen in the middle of the draft. Then work on the defense next year.

DaKCMan AP
02-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Ad if he becomes a Ryan Leaf that would set this franchise back a ****in decade.

:spock:

:BS:Despite Ryan Leaf, the Chargers have accomplished more since drafting him than the Chiefs.

Skyy God
02-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Thats prob true. I hate the Rams so **** 'em!!!

Compounding the problem, Cutler landed in the ACFW due to their incompetence. That organization is ridiculously structured.

Brock
02-12-2009, 09:53 AM

:BS:Despite Ryan Leaf, the Chargers have accomplished more since drafting him than the Chiefs.

Yeah, didn't that Ryan Leaf disaster ruin their franchise? How horrible!

Rooster
02-12-2009, 09:57 AM
In your opinion, is next year's QB class better than this year's?

It's a little early to form an opinion on that topic when this class hasn't even started the combine yet. Fact of the matter is the KC Chiefs are a terrible football team. They won 2 stinking games last year. They won't be fixed with this draft alone.

Sam Hall
02-12-2009, 09:59 AM
I predict a real CP meltdown from a certain group if the Rams get rid of Bulger.

Tribal Warfare
02-12-2009, 10:00 AM

The Lions are looking for a an Elite LT, and may go the FA or trade route to attain a young QB.

Tribal Warfare
02-12-2009, 10:02 AM
The rams have 60 million invested in him, with that it's evident that he's not leaving

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 10:15 AM
The rams have 60 million invested in him, with that it's evident that he's not leaving

how much do we have in LJ? is he leaving IYO?

acesn8s
02-12-2009, 10:16 AM
It wouldn't be the end of the world if we don't get a QB in the first round of the draft. It will be a shame if we can't get that o-line fixed to run the ball or protect the QB. Afterall, the Chiefs had to change their entire offense just to protect the remaining QBs because our line was able to. QB OTF? Not if he is on his ass all day. And not w/o a run game too.

HemiEd
02-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Stafford and Sanchez going #1 and #2 overall would send some around here in complete meltdown mode.

It sure would, the Chiefs are doomed. Once again, we can blame the Broncos, for allowing Herm to beat them.

Brock
02-12-2009, 10:18 AM
It wouldn't be the end of the world if we don't get a QB in the first round of the draft. It will be a shame if we can't get that o-line fixed to run the ball or protect the QB. Afterall, the Chiefs had to change their entire offense just to protect the remaining QBs because our line was able to. QB OTF? Not if he is on his ass all day. And not w/o a run game too.

Why can't you do both?

Tribal Warfare
02-12-2009, 10:20 AM
how much do we have in LJ? is he leaving IYO?

He's already recieved his bonus, and his performance based contract stipulation weren't met. Which is part of the reason why KC is in a great position with the cap

Just Passin' By
02-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Yeah, didn't that Ryan Leaf disaster ruin their franchise? How horrible!

Leaf was such a bust that the Chargers ended up right back at the top of the draft again. One of the key events that turned the franchise around was the drafting of a quarterback, outside of the first round. That was soon followed by another terrible seasons which led to another #1 overall pick. When that pick was traded for Rivers and other picks which resulted in other great players, the rebuilding was complete.

So, that's 1 #1 overall pick, 1 #2 overall pick and 1 second round quarterback taken before the Chargers rise to prominence was complete.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 10:29 AM
He's already recieved his bonus, and his performance based contract stipulation weren't met. Which is part of the reason why KC is in a great position with the cap

how much does lj cost if we cut him?

Ebolapox
02-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Ad if he becomes a Ryan Leaf that would set this franchise back a fuckin decade.

yeah. like we can REALLY be set back ANY more.

ROFL

we were two and fucking 14. it's not like we were on top of the world at any point in the last five years.

DaKCMan AP
02-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Leaf was such a bust that the Chargers ended up right back at the top of the draft again. One of the key events that turned the franchise around was the drafting of a quarterback, outside of the first round. That was soon followed by another terrible seasons which led to another #1 overall pick. When that pick was traded for Rivers and other picks which resulted in other great players, the rebuilding was complete.

So, that's 1 #1 overall pick, 1 #2 overall pick and 1 second round quarterback taken before the Chargers rise to prominence was complete.

What's your point? When highly drafted QBs are busts, their teams typically continue to draft high. Houston, Cleveland and Cincinnati all had #1 picks since drafting busts David Carr, Tim Couch and Akili Smith. What exactly are you trying to argue?

Just Passin' By
02-12-2009, 10:45 AM
What's your point? When highly drafted QBs are busts, their teams typically continue to draft high. Houston, Cleveland and Cincinnati all had #1 picks since drafting busts David Carr, Tim Couch and Akili Smith. What exactly are you trying to argue?

And how have Houston, Cleveland and Cincinnati been doing since that happened?

Tribal Warfare
02-12-2009, 10:45 AM
how much does lj cost if we cut him?

KC is going to trade him though so another team will have to pickup the contract

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 10:48 AM
KC is going to trade him though so another team will have to pickup the contract

ok but what if theres no takers, will we cut him then?

DaKCMan AP
02-12-2009, 10:48 AM
[quote=DaKCMan AP;5483387]What's your point? When highly drafted QBs are busts, their teams typically continue to draft high. Houston, Cleveland and Cincinnati all had #1 picks since drafting busts David Carr, Tim Couch and Akili Smith. What exactly are you trying to argue?[/QUOTE

Houston didn't draft another QB, they got a stud franchise DE (which doesn't exist in this draft) and traded picks for a injury-prone Schaub. Overall, IMO, their team is improving they just need to stay healthy (Dunta Robinson, Andre Johnson and Schaub).

Cleveland did get better and then regressed a lot last year. Their franchise success/failure will depend a lot on Brady Quinn.

Cinci drafted a stud QB in Carson Palmer. Again, injuries derailed that train and they've suffered ever since for various reasons.

Again, what's your point?

Just Passin' By
02-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Houston didn't draft another QB, they got a stud franchise DE (which doesn't exist in this draft) and traded picks for a injury-prone Schaub. Overall, IMO, their team is improving they just need to stay healthy (Dunta Robinson, Andre Johnson and Schaub).

Cleveland did get better and then regressed a lot last year. Their franchise success/failure will depend a lot on Brady Quinn.

Cinci drafted a stud QB in Carson Palmer. Again, injuries derailed that train and they've suffered ever since for various reasons.

Again, what's your point?

The Texans have still never had a winning season. Cleveland has had 2 winning seasons since drafting Couch (and 1 was 9-7) and Cincinnati has had one winning season since drafting Klingler in 1992.

You pointed to them as examples, not me. Thanks for the help, though.

Rigodan
02-12-2009, 11:00 AM

Look at Minnesota's team. Great o-line, great running back, pretty good defense, now why are they a borderline playoff team? Because they don't have a qb! They could be a really good team if they just even a decent qb. But you know what? They can't find one. They're picking in the middle of the draft so when it looks like theres a qb out there that could lead you to the playoffs he's gone well before they have a chance to take him. They can't sign a good free agent qb because good qb's dont become free agents, their teams lock them up. (Kurt Warner is the exception not the rule) They can't trade for one. They've tried to get McNabb, Favre, and even Quinn but couldn't land any of them. They are being held back because they can't find the most important piece of the puzzle.

Now let's look at how they got in this situation. They built a great o-line instead of making qb a higher priority, they built around a running game and ignored the passing game. Last year they traded away a sizeable portion of thier draft trying to build up the defense. Is this what you freaking people want? Do you want to be the fucking Minnesota Vikings? Do you want a half decent chance of making the playoffs near certain first round losses? Yeah there a pretty good team but there is no way in hell they are even going to sniff a Super Bowl the way they are now because they don't have the guy who can win them the game in the 4th quarter. I thought the Super Bowl this year would have opened peoples eyes. Did you not see two quarterbacks put their teams on their back and deliver when it was most needed. That's how you win Super Bowls, not fucking offensive lines or highly touted outside linebackers.

Micjones
02-12-2009, 11:05 AM
I wouldn't panic if somehow Sanchez and Stafford were off the board, but I'd definitely be looking to trade down if I could.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Just got in from class, and they were talking about this exact scenario on the radio.

Bulger is going NOWHERE.

Apparently the radio host had spoken with both Spagnuolo and new OC Pat Shurmer, and they both think Bulger is the guy - they just need to get him some protection.

Apparently Shurmer was on the NFL Pro Bowl staff the year Bulger threw for 4 TD's and was named MVP - and he thinks he can regain that form if protected.

A LOT of talk today about cutting Torry Holt and drafting Crabtree, and there's been quite a bit of talk in the past about cutting Pace and drafting one of the LT's.

DaKCMan AP
02-12-2009, 11:07 AM
The Texans have still never had a winning season. Cleveland has had 2 winning seasons since drafting Couch (and 1 was 9-7) and Cincinnati has had one winning season since drafting Klingler in 1992.

You pointed to them as examples, not me. Thanks for the help, though.

Here's another example for you: The Colts drafted Jeff George in 1990. Bust. Eight years later they draft Peyton Manning. I still have no idea what the hell you're trying to argue, do you just spew incoherent garbage?

blueballs
02-12-2009, 11:14 AM
It's not unusual for the #1 pick to be signed before the draft
and the #2 pick to be in negotiations
the Chiefs could be in a good spot to field offers and see if at all possible

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Just got in from class, and they were talking about this exact scenario on the radio.

Bulger is going NOWHERE.

Apparently the radio host had spoken with both Spagnuolo and new OC Pat Shurmer, and they both think Bulger is the guy - they just need to get him some protection.

Apparently Shurmer was on the NFL Pro Bowl staff the year Bulger threw for 4 TD's and was named MVP - and he thinks he can regain that form if protected.

A LOT of talk today about cutting Torry Holt and drafting Crabtree, and there's been quite a bit of talk in the past about cutting Pace and drafting one of the LT's.

hopefully they are right, thanks

DeezNutz
02-12-2009, 11:23 AM

How have Ind and Atl been?

Just Passin' By
02-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Look at Minnesota's team. Great o-line, great running back, pretty good defense, now why are they a borderline playoff team? Because they don't have a qb! They could be a really good team if they just even a decent qb. But you know what? They can't find one. They're picking in the middle of the draft so when it looks like theres a qb out there that could lead you to the playoffs he's gone well before they have a chance to take him. They can't sign a good free agent qb because good qb's dont become free agents, their teams lock them up. (Kurt Warner is the exception not the rule) They can't trade for one. They've tried to get McNabb, Favre, and even Quinn but couldn't land any of them. They are being held back because they can't find the most important piece of the puzzle.

Now let's look at how they got in this situation. They built a great o-line instead of making qb a higher priority, they built around a running game and ignored the passing game. Last year they traded away a sizeable portion of thier draft trying to build up the defense. Is this what you freaking people want? Do you want to be the ****ing Minnesota Vikings? Do you want a half decent chance of making the playoffs near certain first round losses? Yeah there a pretty good team but there is no way in hell they are even going to sniff a Super Bowl the way they are now because they don't have the guy who can win them the game in the 4th quarter. I thought the Super Bowl this year would have opened peoples eyes. Did you not see two quarterbacks put their teams on their back and deliver when it was most needed. That's how you win Super Bowls, not ****ing offensive lines or highly touted outside linebackers.

The Vikings drafted Culpepper in 1999. After that, they didn't draft any quarterbacks at all until Jackson in 2006. They drafted Thigpen (Starting for the Chiefs) in 2007 and Booty in 2008. The team's problem hasn't been that it's been taking quarterbacks too low, it's been that the team hadn't been taking quarterbacks because they had Culpepper.

However, since you're arguing about "winning" Super Bowls as if that's the only measuring stick, how many Super Bowls did Minnesota win after drafting Culpepper in the first round in 1999? When that team put up the most points in NFL history (up to that point), how was their Super Bowl celebration?

Just Passin' By
02-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Here's another example for you: The Colts drafted Jeff George in 1990. Bust. Eight years later they draft Peyton Manning. I still have no idea what the hell you're trying to argue, do you just spew incoherent garbage?

Here's a tip. These messageboards allow you to scroll up and read the entire thread so that you can understand the conversation rather than just posting gibberish.

For example, if you'd bothered to read the earlier stuff, you'd understand that pointing out Manning going to the Colts eight years after the Jeff George debacle was yet another example of a team struggling mightily after blowing a high first round pick on a bad quarterback choice.

DaKCMan AP
02-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Here's a tip. These messageboards allow you to scroll up and read the entire thread so that you can understand the conversation rather than just posting gibberish.

For example, if you'd bothered to read the earlier stuff, you'd understand that pointing out Manning going to the Colts eight years after the Jeff George debacle was yet another example of a team struggling mightily after blowing a high first round pick on a bad quarterback choice.

If you improved your reading comprehension and brushed up on history you'd realize that:

1. That 8 year span is a small price when our franchise hasn't accomplished anything in more than 20 years.

2. During the 8 years between Indy's drafting of George/Manning, they made the playoffs twice advancing as far as the AFC Championship.

Here's a tip: know what you're talking about before posting nonsense. When in doubt, just STFU n00b.

Just Passin' By
02-12-2009, 11:41 AM
How have Ind and Atl been?

Well, Indy blew the Jeff George pick and didn't win more than 9 games for 10 years. Atlanta blew it with the Vick pick, albeit as much for character problems as his game, and on the Chris Miller pick before that in 1987. Since 1987, the Falcons have a grand total of 6 winning seasons. The only year the Falcons have gone to the Super Bowl during that stretch of more than 20 years was a year where the starting quarterback was a 3rd round draft pick .

RUSH
02-12-2009, 11:41 AM
The STL GM was interviewed on the radio in NY a week or two ago and he sounded very confident that Bulger can be their QB for the next few years and that they just needed to protect him. He said he asked other GM's and scouts and they agreed with him. That being said, things can change, but I really hope that they don't.

Just Passin' By
02-12-2009, 11:45 AM
If you improved your reading comprehension and brushed up on history you'd realize that:

1. That 8 year span is a small price when our franchise hasn't accomplished anything in more than 20 years.

That's an opinion, not fact. I personally think it's a ridiculous opinion, but you're welcome to it.

2. During the 8 years between Indy's drafting of George/Manning, they made the playoffs twice advancing as far as the AFC Championship.

Here's a tip: know what you're talking about before posting nonsense. When in doubt, just STFU n00b.

Ummm...... the quarterback that got the Colts to the playoffs and the AFC championship game was NOT Jeff George. It was Jim Harbaugh, who'd been drafted by the Bears and completely bombed out there. Also, those two playoff seasons were years that the Colts went 9-7.

So, in your own words....

Here's a tip: know what you're talking about before posting nonsense. When in doubt, just STFU.

DaKCMan AP
02-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Ummm...... the quarterback that got the Colts to the playoffs and the AFC championship game was NOT Jeff George. It was Jim Harbaugh, who'd been drafted by the Bears and completely bombed out there. Also, those two playoff seasons were years that the Colts went 9-7.

So, in your own words....

Here's a tip: know what you're talking about before posting nonsense. When in doubt, just STFU.

Thanks for further proving your lack of reading comprehension. Yes, it was Captain Comeback who got the Colts to the playoffs, not Jeff George. The point wasn't that Jeff George got them to the playoffs (obviously he hadn't), but to disprove your fallacious claim that the Colts were "yet another example of a team struggling mightily after blowing a high first round pick on a bad quarterback choice."

Just Passin' By
02-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Thanks for further proving your lack of reading comprehension. Yes, it was Captain Comeback who got the Colts to the playoffs, not Jeff George. The point wasn't that Jeff George got them to the playoffs (obviously he hadn't), but to disprove your fallacious claim that the Colts were "yet another example of a team struggling mightily after blowing a high first round pick on a bad quarterback choice."

What part of 9-7 is escaping you? Those two 9 win seasons were the most wins the Colts had from the time they drafted George until Manning's second year.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 11:58 AM
What part of 9-7 is escaping you?

Yeah, I usually refer to 9-7 teams as struggling.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 12:00 PM

actually alot of people on this board do though

DaKCMan AP
02-12-2009, 12:03 PM
What part of 9-7 is escaping you? Those two 9 win seasons most wins the Colts had from the time they drafted George until Manning's second year.

9-7, two playoff appearances and an AFC Championship Game appearance is equivalent to "struggling mightily"???

DeezNutz
02-12-2009, 12:06 PM
actually alot of people on this board do though

No, they don't think it's struggling. They just don't want it to be the team's ceiling.

Big difference.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 12:10 PM
No, they don't think it's struggling. They just don't want it to be the team's ceiling.

Big difference.

THIS.

Tribal Warfare
02-12-2009, 12:16 PM
ok but what if theres no takers, will we cut him then?

Someone, will definitely make a trade for him, because he still has some value. It's not like he's Damon Huard, who has zero value on the market.

Just Passin' By
02-12-2009, 12:22 PM

You don't consider

7-9
1-15
9-7
4-12
8-8
9-7
9-7
3-13
3-13

to be struggling?

SAUTO
THIS.

OK

SAUTO
Someone, will definitely make a trade for him, because he still has some value. It's not like he's Damon Huard, who has zero value on the market.

dont know about that, fingers crossed though

DeezNutz

LJ?

I think the Chiefs would be lucky, very, very lucky to get a 4th for him. At this point, the Arby's 5 for 5.95 sounds pretty good, too.

If you were a fan of another team, what would you want your organization to give up for a moody, going to be 30 year old RB, who has been injured, doesn't like to block, but loves to throw drinks and threaten women? What's this piece of shit worth?

Not ****ing much.

I honestly think he has close to zero value.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 12:26 PM
You don't consider

7-9
1-15
9-7
4-12
8-8
9-7
9-7
3-13
3-13

to be struggling?

Why are you bringing different seasons into the argument?

The discussion was about the two 9-7 seasons under Harbaugh, one of which resulted in a trip to the AFC Championship game.

Quit moving the goalposts.

Tribal Warfare
02-12-2009, 12:28 PM
LJ?

I think the Chiefs would be lucky, very, very lucky to get a 4th for him. At this point, the Arby's 5 for 5.95 sounds pretty good, too.

If you were a fan of another team, what would you want your organization to give up for a moody, going to be 30 year old RB, who has been injured, doesn't like to block, but loves to throw drinks and threaten women? What's this piece of shit worth?

Not ****ing much.

I honestly think he has close to zero value.

The Dolphins were trying to talk KC down to a 7th on Green, but we got the 5th. With LJ he was still productive even though he was running behind a shitty line. I'd say either a 2nd or 3rd.

DeezNutz
02-12-2009, 12:28 PM
You don't consider

7-9
1-15
9-7
4-12
8-8
9-7
9-7
3-13
3-13

to be struggling?

If you use that scroll feature that you alluded to earlier, you might realize that you're changing the tenor of the conversation. This message board supports that feature. Just a tip.

Just Passin' By
02-12-2009, 12:29 PM

The discussion was about the two 9-7 seasons under Harbaugh, one of which resulted in a trip to the AFC Championship game.

I wasn't moving the goalposts. Try reading the thread.

DeezNutz
02-12-2009, 12:29 PM
The Dolphins were trying to talk KC down to a 7th on Green, but we got the 5th. With LJ he was still productive even though he was running behind a shitty line. I'd say either a 2nd or 3rd.

I'd say you're smoking homer weed.

Why would you want to give up a 2nd or 3rd, when you could use that pick to draft a better, and more complete, player?

Tribal Warfare
02-12-2009, 12:30 PM
I'd say you're smoking homer weed.

Why would you want to give up a 2nd or 3rd, when you could use that pick to draft a better, and more complete, player?

I think your undervaluing what LJ can still bring to the table aside from being an asshole.

Just Passin' By
02-12-2009, 12:33 PM
If you use that scroll feature that you alluded to earlier, you might realize that you're changing the tenor of the conversation. This message board supports that feature. Just a tip.

I believe "incoherent garbage" was what was posted by DaKCMan AP, which is where the 'tenor of the conversation' began changing from my perspective.

DeezNutz
02-12-2009, 12:33 PM
I think your undervaluing what LJ can still bring to the table aside from being an asshole.

I just think he's going to be a 30 year old running back, who also has off-field issues and isn't a complete back.

If he played for the Rams, for example, I would be pissed if the Chiefs gave up any draft pick, let alone a high one.

With rare exceptions, I think all 30 year old RB's are pretty worthless.

Tribal Warfare
02-12-2009, 12:35 PM
With rare exceptions, I think all 30 year old RB's are pretty worthless.

Like Marcus Allen?

DeezNutz
02-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Like Marcus Allen?

LJ isn't worthy of manscaping Marcus Allen's left testicle.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 12:39 PM

SORRY but thats crazy talk

Pasta Little Brioni
02-12-2009, 12:47 PM
When I first read the opener if the rams get rid of bulger....I thought it was going to be a campaign to bring him in for a look. Phew.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 12:47 PM
When I first read the opener if the rams get rid of bulger....I thought it was going to be a campaign to bring him in for a look. Phew.

you would never get that from me bro

Priest4Prez
02-12-2009, 12:48 PM
This years draft definately isn't 1983 where every other pick is a hall of fame QB, and Kansas City has too many needs to address to waste their pick on Mark Sanchez. Besides, Pioli is known for spotting diamonds in the rough when it comes to franchise QBs i.e Brady and Cassel. Aquiring Cassel in FA, along with a WR and Julius Peppers, and drafting Curry in the first would be the most productive thing to do. Along with addressing the offensive line in the middle rounds. Drafting a franchise QB with a top 3 pick in the draft isn't always suicide, but it is a very high risk this year considering the lack of options.

rad
02-12-2009, 12:51 PM

Actually, the n00b and dakcman are discussing the struggle over a period of time a franchise can endure after busting a first round pick. n00b says "Look at all the teams that struggle mightily for x years after a flop...". Then AP pipes in with "Well look at Sandy Eggo, Colts, etc.....

Get it?

rad
02-12-2009, 12:53 PM

I read this on Rotoworld too. It's goin' around like that bad case of clap I got from Deeznutz' mom.

DaKCMan AP
02-12-2009, 01:00 PM
This years draft definately isn't 1983 where every other pick is a hall of fame QB, and Kansas City has too many needs to address to waste their pick on Mark Sanchez. Besides, Pioli is known for spotting diamonds in the rough when it comes to franchise QBs i.e Brady and Cassel. Aquiring Cassel in FA, along with a WR and Julius Peppers, and drafting Curry in the first would be the most productive thing to do. Along with addressing the offensive line in the middle rounds. Drafting a franchise QB with a top 3 pick in the draft isn't always suicide, but it is a very high risk this year considering the lack of options.

Congrats, you have just been elected President of the "True Fan - Continuing 20 Years of Mediocrity" fan club.

kcchiefsus
02-12-2009, 01:08 PM

Why the hell do we need a QB that can start or backup right now? Since when are we in a win now mode? How about we draft a guy who given 2 or 3 years could be one of the better quarterbacks in the NFL.

Yep, let's continue with the old Carl Peterson ways. Build up the rest of the team but ignore QB in the draft. Just use washed up veterans or other teams' trash at quarterback. Great idea. That got us how many super bowls? How many playoff victories?

dj56dt58
02-12-2009, 01:11 PM
No, it doesn't. All this bullshit about Stafford and Sanchez is really overkill. I hope to God BOTH are gone and we are FORCED to pick someone else. We need a QB that can start or backup RIGHT now. I will be VERY HAPPY to have Curry @ #3. Let the Lions and Rams have them both - I will be happy when both do not pan out as most on this board believe they will. Their loss not ours. Move forward and sign a vet to a one year contract. If we were to get a Sanchez or Stafford then our HC decides to switch to a 3 - 4 D then we are going to be fucked regardless!

:banghead:

kcchiefsus
02-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Ad if he becomes a Ryan Leaf that would set this franchise back a ****in decade.

And why is that?

Because we paid him so much money? Big fucking deal. We're not anywhere close to the salary cap. If he is Ryan Leaf we go back in a few years and try again with another quarterback, and again, and again. When are you dumb fucks going to realize the prime reason we haven't gotten anywhere in the last 30+ years is because of a lack of consistent play at the quarterback position. We have gotten good stints here or there with guys like Montana and Green but we got those guys when they were already in their 30's. Green put up good stats but he didn't have the "it" factor in crunch time that guys like Brady, Manning, and Roethlisberger have.

Hahahaha, look at all of those fools in the rest of the division. They all drafted a QB in the 1st round. Thank god we're not chumps like them, we know better than that (says every dumbfuck afraid to draft a quarterback).

DaKCMan AP
02-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Actually, the n00b and dakcman are discussing the struggle over a period of time a franchise can endure after busting a first round pick. n00b says "Look at all the teams that struggle mightily for x years after a flop...". Then AP pipes in with "Well look at Sandy Eggo, Colts, etc.....

Get it?

Translation: DaKCMan AP wins.

rad
02-12-2009, 01:19 PM

You know what they say about winning an argument on the internet, right?

DaKCMan AP
02-12-2009, 01:20 PM
You know what they say about winning an argument on the internet, right?

That DaKCMan AP is awesome. ;)

Just Passin' By
02-12-2009, 01:21 PM

Well, at least you have a rich fantasy life.

Rooster
02-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Hahahaha, look at all of those fools in the rest of the division. They all drafted a QB in the 1st round. Thank god we're not chumps like them, we know better than that (says every dumb**** afraid to draft a quarterback).

I don't think most people are "afraid" to chose a 1st round QB. I think most are uncertain if any QB in this class is worthy of a #3 pick. It's pretty black and white IMO, no drama needed.

DaKCMan AP
02-12-2009, 01:25 PM
I don't think most people are "afraid" to chose a 1st round QB. I think most are uncertain if any QB in this class is worthy of a #3 pick. It's pretty black and white IMO, no drama needed.

As people (myself included) were last year and will be next year. Certainty, in this instance, does not exist.

Stryker
02-12-2009, 01:28 PM

I am not fearing by any stretch of the word picking a QB with this high of a draft pick - IT IS WHO THE OPTION(S) ARE/IS for THIS DRAFT. There is NO way in hell you can convince me that Sanchez is ready to go. So drafting him for FUTURE use and riding the bench is foolish. He ain't "THE ONE".

If the GM and HC feel he is and they pick him swell! But, I do not believe that they will draft Sanchez at #3 - if they do then I have been proven wrong.

kcchiefsus
02-12-2009, 01:33 PM

My fucking God, not this argument again. :cuss:

Pioli never drafted a QB high because he never had to. The Brady/Cassel argument is bullshit. Depending on that to find our franchise QB is going to lead us to nowhere and get Pioli fired.

We have too many needs to waste our pick on a QB? QUARTERBACK IS ONE OF THOSE FUCKING NEEDS. If Sanchez turns out to be a good quarterback would that be a "wasted pick"? I think not. There is no more important position on the field than quarterback so if Pioli gives Sanchez the same grade as he gives to guys like Curry, Crabtree, Monroe, etc. then he had better take the fucking QUARTERBACK. If he doesn't grade Sanchez that high then by all means don't take him. But it would be insane to evaluate Sanchez as a winner and as a player possessing the necessary skills to win in this league and then pass on him.

And how would you suggest we sign Cassell and then use our 1st round pick on Curry when Cassell has been franchised, meaning we would likely have to use that 1st round pick just to get Cassell. Seriously, think before you type.

I nominate you as another candidate for the STFU icon.

Stryker
02-12-2009, 01:33 PM

THIS!

Just Passin' By
02-12-2009, 01:41 PM
My fucking God, not this argument again. :cuss:

Pioli never drafted a QB high because he never had to. The Brady/Cassel argument is bullshit. Depending on that to find our franchise QB is going to lead us to nowhere and get Pioli fired.

We have too many needs to waste our pick on a QB? QUARTERBACK IS ONE OF THOSE FUCKING NEEDS. If Sanchez turns out to be a good quarterback would that be a "wasted pick"? I think not. There is no more important position on the field than quarterback so if Pioli gives Sanchez the same grade as he gives to guys like Curry, Crabtree, Monroe, etc. then he had better take the fucking QUARTERBACK. If he doesn't grade Sanchez that high then by all means don't take him. But it would be insane to evaluate Sanchez as a winner and as a player possessing the necessary skills to win in this league and then pass on him.

And how would you suggest we sign Cassell and then use our 1st round pick on Curry when Cassell has been franchised, meaning we would likely have to use that 1st round pick just to get Cassell. Seriously, think before you type.

I nominate you as another candidate for the STFU icon.

Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco

JaMarcus Russell
Brady Quinn

Vince Young
Matt Leinhart
Jay Cutler

Alex Smith
Aaron Rodgers
Jason Campbell

Those are the last 10 quarterbacks taken in the first round. That's been over the course of 4 years. So, in your opinion, which are busts, which are mediocre, which are franchise quarterbacks and which are still unknown?

kcchiefsus
02-12-2009, 01:45 PM

I beg to differ.

But assuming what you say is right, that is why we trust Pioli's judgement. If Pioli takes Stafford and/or Sanchez then obviously the idea that "no QB in this class is worthy of a #3 pick" is complete bullshit. Of course, I will admit the opposite can be said as well.

I still believe plenty of people on here are simply afraid to take a QB high, regardless of who it is. For the record, I was in favor of taking Ryan last year if he had fallen to us. Plenty of people were saying then that he was only the top QB because of it being a shitty quarterback class. Boy was everybody wrong.

Also, I am of the belief that both Sanchez and Stafford are superior prospects to Joe Flacco coming out of college. Granted Flacco wasn't taken with a top 3 pick but the point still stands that at this point a year ago he was viewed as extremely raw and having played against inferior competition. Both Stafford and Sanchez are similar physically to Flacco (Flacco might have the stronger arm but Stafford and Sanchez are more mobile in the pocket). Stafford has more starting experience than Flacco despite coming out a year early. Sanchez has 10 fewer games of starting experience, although he did pick up the pro style offense quickly and both him and Stafford faced superior competition to that which Flacco faced.

kcchiefsus
02-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco

JaMarcus Russell
Brady Quinn

Vince Young
Matt Leinhart
Jay Cutler

Alex Smith
Aaron Rodgers
Jason Campbell

Those are the last 10 quarterbacks taken in the first round. That's been over the course of 4 years. So, in your opinion, which are busts, which are mediocre, which are franchise quarterbacks and which are still unknown?

Matt Ryan- Franchise QB
Joe Flacco- Mediocre, but very well on his way to being a franchise QB

JaMarcus Russell- unknown, but as much as I don't like to admit it he looked good towards the end of this season
Brady Quinn- unknown

Vince Young- bust (he'll get another chance though)
Matt Leinhart- Too early to say, he'll get his chance again
Jay Cutler- Franchise QB

Alex Smith- bust
Aaron Rodgers- Looking like a franchise QB
Jason Campbell- Mediocre, but has had decent stats

And still, your point is what? Were any of those players drafted by Scott Pioli? None of those players have anything to do with the potential success of Stafford or Sanchez on this team. If Pioli drafts either one then I have faith they will succeed. And if they don't, we should go right back and draft another one until we get it right.

It has been proven that your chances of finding a franchise caliber QB is greater than any other round of the draft. So whether it's this year or down the road, our best chance of drafting the most important position on the team is in the 1st round.

Just Passin' By
02-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Matt Ryan- Franchise QB
Joe Flacco- Mediocre, but very well on his way to being a franchise QB

JaMarcus Russell- unknown, but as much as I don't like to admit it he looked good towards the end of this season
Brady Quinn- unknown

Vince Young- bust (he'll get another chance though)
Matt Leinhart- Too early to say, he'll get his chance again
Jay Cutler- Franchise QB

Alex Smith- bust
Aaron Rodgers- Looking like a franchise QB
Jason Campbell- Mediocre, but has had decent stats

I think it's too soon on Ryan, and I didn't see anything in Flacco that made me think he's a franchise QB, but we're pretty much on the same page here. Any difference is minor.

And still, your point is what? Were any of those players drafted by Scott Pioli? None of those players have anything to do with the potential success of Stafford or Sanchez on this team. If Pioli drafts either one then I have faith they will succeed. And if they don't, we should go right back and draft another one until we get it right.

I didn't have a point in asking other than looking for information on where you were coming from.

It has been proven that your chances of finding a franchise caliber QB is greater than any other round of the draft. So whether it's this year or down the road, our best chance of drafting the most important position on the team is in the 1st round.

It's also pretty well known that if you bust with a quarterback, you're very likely to struggle for years afterwards. That's why you can't fall in love with a quarterback just because he's hyped as a first round pick. I don't know what Pioli is going to do, and I can see the arguments both for, and against, picking Sanchez at #3.

However, what's going to happen to all the clowns who keep berating those who don't want Sanchez if Pioli passes on him? Will they start calling Pioli a "true fan"?

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 02:13 PM
We can't draft a QB, guys, he might bust and we might not win a playoff game for 15 years.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-12-2009, 02:25 PM
This fanbase will do anything to justify passing on a quarterback.

I've never seen such a ridiculous bunch of chickenshit cunts in my entire life.

Rooster
02-12-2009, 02:34 PM
One thing is for certain. I feel much more comfortable with taking a QB at #3 with our current coaching staff (that isn't even complete) then I would with Herm & Co.

blueballs
02-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Ryan Sims set back the defense
for a decade -your welcome

orange
02-12-2009, 03:12 PM
It sure would, the Chiefs are doomed. Once again, we can blame the Broncos, for allowing Herm to beat them.

You're welcome!

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 04:28 PM
This fanbase will do anything to justify passing on a quarterback.

I've never seen such a ridiculous bunch of chickenshit cunts in my entire life.

are you looking in the mirror:D