PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Derrick Thomas, or Peyton Manning. You choose.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 03:36 PM
If you had the #1 overall pick, and these two were in the same class, who would you take?

Poll to follow.

KCUnited
02-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Seriously? Manning.

doomy3
02-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Repost.

Mr. Flopnuts
It really hurt me to cast my vote the way I did, but I love Superbowls more than players.

CoMoChief
WTF kinda question is this? QB is the most important postition in football you fuck.

Peyton Manning by a loooooooooooong shot.

Thig Lyfe
Not even Pioli would be able to get DT to training camp on time.

CoMoChief
02-12-2009, 03:39 PM
I'd pick a LT before DT.

dirk digler
I picked Peyton though my heart says DT

CoMoChief
Sorry, didn't mean to call you a fuck.

CrazyHorse
02-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Why not put Derrick Thomas or Sanchez? Thats what you meant.

Pioli Zombie
02-12-2009, 03:40 PM
and I think the Royals should draft DiMaggio over Clemente.

this is a brilliant thread

chiefs1111
02-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Peyton

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 03:41 PM
WTF kinda question is this? QB is the most important postition in football you fuck.

Peyton Manning by a loooooooooooong shot.

That's funny coming from the fucking retard that's too chickenshit to draft one.

Fuck off.

And mods, the other thread beat me by 2 minutes. Feel free to merge or delete. My mistake

dirk digler
02-12-2009, 03:42 PM

If that is the choice than DT

Buck
02-12-2009, 03:43 PM
OTW, are you Midnight_Vulture?

dirk digler
02-12-2009, 03:44 PM
LMAO How many threads do we need on this topic LMAO

I think there is 3 now. Who started this shit?

keg in kc
OTW, are you Midnight_Vulture?I bet MV could get laid in a gay bar.

OnTheWarpath15
OTW, are you Midnight_Vulture?

Yes.

I posted this on a sweet laptop I stole, while driving 95 MPH down the highway on my crotch-rocket with no helmet and my shirt off.

CoMoChief
02-12-2009, 03:45 PM
That's funny coming from the ****ing retard that's too chickenshit to draft one.

**** off.

And mods, the other thread beat me by 2 minutes. Feel free to merge or delete. My mistake

You're talking about a first yr eligible first ballot HOF QB, may be one of the best of all time against a Rush end LB that took 7 yrs to make the HOF.

Please be kind enough to go fuck yourself.

CrazyHorse
02-12-2009, 03:48 PM
If that is the choice than DT

That's the underlying choice.

He is now comparing Snachez to Peyton Manning.

Sanchez keeps getting better with every profanity laced tirade.

DeezNutz
02-12-2009, 03:49 PM
And mustard, ketchup, and relish are coming down the stretch111

Micjones
02-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Manning.

This isn't going to prove fans devalue having a franchise QB.
Because I think, for the most part, that they don't.

dirk digler
02-12-2009, 03:50 PM

What thread is that in?

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 03:50 PM

How am I comparing Sanchez to Manning?

I'm asking a question.

Who's more important, the QB, or the sack artist?

DeezNutz
02-12-2009, 03:52 PM

I'm asking a question.

Same question on 810, and Jack Harry argued for DT.

Same would happen here if the effort to post the poll didn't turn into a cluster****.

Pitt Gorilla
02-12-2009, 03:52 PM
An interesting option might have been Kurt Warner.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 03:53 PM
What thread is that in?

Exactly.

This guy has had a problem with me ever since me and about 30 other people bashed his "We should sign Kurt Warner" thread.

Then he got even pissier with me when other people neg-repped him for being a fuckstick towards me.

Someone should call

http://www.thewambulance.com/images/wambulance_logo.jpg

CrazyHorse
02-12-2009, 03:56 PM

I'm asking a question.

Now you're back peddling.

Look at it this way. This poll will prove that fans dont have anything against picking what they feel is a QB worth the pick. And that those argueing with you for the last week ar doing so because they dont feel Sanchez is worth the pick. Too risky.

The fact you are still using the arguement from this angle is proof you have wasted that week and still dont get it.

May I suggest reading nad not just typing.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Now you're back peddling.

Look at it this way. This poll will prove that fans dont have anything against picking what they feel is a QB worth the pick. And that those argueing with you for the last week ar doing so because they dont feel Sanchez is worth the pick. Too risky.

The fact you are still using the arguement from this angle is proof you have wasted that week and still dont get it.

May I suggest reading nad not just typing.

Thanks, Ms. Cleo, for reading my mind and stating my intention.

:rolleyes:

CrazyHorse
Exactly.

This guy has had a problem with me ever since me and about 30 other people bashed his "We should sign Kurt Warner" thread.

Then he got even pissier with me when other people neg-repped him for being a ****stick towards me.

Someone should call

http://www.thewambulance.com/images/wambulance_logo.jpg

I've never started a thread saying we should sign Warner. I never even said I wanted him. You have a reading comprehension issue. Not too bright.

Basileus777
Willie Roaf.

Someone had to say it.

CrazyHorse
02-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Thanks, Ms. Cleo, for reading my mind and stating my intention.

Your intentions dont take much reading. Your 1000 posts in 3 days are a strong indicator of your one track mind. A self proclaimed genius like you should get that.

sedated
02-12-2009, 04:13 PM
1) does this arguement require 2 threads?

2) how is this even an arguement?

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 04:15 PM
I've never started a thread saying we should sign Warner. I never even said I wanted him. You have a reading comprehension issue. Not too bright.

No, you only implied it by starting this thread, and then getting all butthurt when people told you it was a stupid idea:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=201044

Warner is in the last year if his contract. Probably too old to get another big money deal. What do you think of bringing him in with Haley to get the ball rolling on offense? Even if that meant teaching the offense to the current players or rookie QB?

Just a thought.

What's your opinion?

I wasn't implying using him as a starter. I was thinking depth. I guess the popular opinion is that it's not a good idea.

Here's where you decided to ditch the Warner talk and go full-blown butthurt:

Yes, because it makes sense he'd want to go be a back-up a year after taking a team to the Superbowl.

You can act all hurt about getting rude responses to this thread, but clearly you haven't bothered to insert any common sense into the stupid shit that you are pounding out on the keyboard with your club-foot.

CrazyHorse
02-12-2009, 04:24 PM
No, you only implied it by starting this thread, and then getting all butthurt when people told you it was a stupid idea:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=201044

Here's where you decided to ditch the Warner talk and go full-blown butthurt:

Yeah, I dont see where it was more than just a thought. In fact, I said "just a thought".

Im not hurt over it by any means. I could care less, really. It was just a thought that you attacked because of your (what I wasn't aware of then) agenda. Now I see why you flew off the handle the way you did.

I'm just ramming it down your throat. Like you deserve.

Get used to it, peaches.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Yeah, I dont see where it was more than just a thought. In fact, I said "just a thought".

Im not hurt over it by any means. I could care less, really. It was just a thought that you attacked because of your (what I wasn't aware of then) agenda. Now I see why you flew off the handle the way you did.

I'm just ramming it down your throat. Like you deserve.

Get used to it, peaches.

Yeah, MY agenda.

That's why 30+ other people said it was a stupid idea as well.

CrazyHorse
02-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Yeah, MY agenda.

That's why 30+ other people said it was a stupid idea as well.

Your agenda, or your mission. Fact is you acted like a prick, now I am acting like a prick.

As an added benefit, I've learned how ****ing stupid you are in the process. Whoda thunkit?

I remember you telling me how tired you are of dealing with stupid people. Then I watched you stay up all day and night argueing to the tune of probably 500 posts in 2 days with those people.

You're not tired of those people you've deemed stupid. You're run by them. making you the stupid one.

Comical. Now you're crying because your being treated the same way you treat others.

Sack up, peaches. This is ****in' chiefsplanet. LOL

Now lay some more of that genius on me.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Your agenda, or your mission. Fact is you acted like a prick, now I am acting like a prick.

As an added benefit, I've learned how fucking stupid you are in the process. Whoda thunkit?

I remember you telling me how tired you are of dealing with stupid people. Then I watched you stay up all day and night argueing to the tune of probably 500 posts in 2 days with those people.

You're not tired of those people you've deemed stupid. You're run by them. making you the stupid one.

Comical. Now you're crying because your being treated the same way you treat others.

Sack up, peaches. This is fuckin' chiefsplanet. LOL

Stalk much? You're not acting like a prick, you're acting like a bleeding vagina.

ROFL

What have I cried about? I think it's hilarious that you've turned a stupid comment of your own into a entire book of butthurt.

Notice, I'm not the one seeking out YOUR posts. But it sure seems like when I post, you aren't far behind. 500 posts in 2 days? I had no idea.

Yet you did.

Doesn't bother me a bit. You're the one that looks like an ass.

Ask someone. They'll tell you, just like they told you that your thread premise was stupid.

Go ahead.

Tribal Warfare
02-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Derrick Thomas

Sam Hall
02-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Some of the other mods need to step up and put a stop to this shit.

ChiefsCountry
02-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Cowboys kind of answered this question. They had the choice between DT and Troy Aikman. Bet they dont regret that one.

Basileus777
02-12-2009, 04:50 PM
This is a boring poll, you should have at least made it interesting like Troy Aikman vs Lawrence Taylor. That's a strawman you can actually have a discussion about.

CrazyHorse
02-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Stalk much? You're not acting like a prick, you're acting like a bleeding vagina.

ROFL

What have I cried about? I think it's hilarious that you've turned a stupid comment of your own into a entire book of butthurt.

Notice, I'm not the one seeking out YOUR posts. But it sure seems like when I post, you aren't far behind.

Doesn't bother me a bit. You're the one that looks like an ass.

Ask someone. They'll tell you, just like they told you that your thread premise was stupid.

Go ahead.

Believe me, no one has to look for your posts. You've dominated this board with "your agenda" for sevaral days. If a person wanted to pick on you (as you're whining) there's more than enough material.

I have made sevaral posts in the last few days of which a small percentage have been addressed to you.

This is just yet another example of where you have a higher opinion of yourself than others.

Have I mentioed this thread is ****in stupid and requires no thought? I didn't. But I certainly could have.....right? You called me out. Dont cry if I slap your teeth down your throat............peaches. You yourself said this is the way to deal with stupid people. We surely agree on that.

HemiEd
02-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Yes.

I posted this on a sweet laptop I stole, while driving 95 MPH down the highway on my crotch-rocket with no helmet and my shirt off.

ROFL

luv
02-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Am I missing some sort of news? Am I seeing things, or are there like three different polls just like this? Surely three people didn't have this idea for a poll at the same time.

Sam Hall
02-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Am I missing some sort of news? Am I seeing things, or are there like three different polls just like this? Surely three people didn't have this idea for a poll at the same time.

It's a couple raging Internet "experts" versus the rest of the board.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Believe me, no one has to look for your posts. You've dominated this board with "your agenda" for sevaral days. If a person wanted to pick on you (as you're whining) there's more than enough material.

I have made sevaral posts in the last few days of which a small percentage have been addressed to you.

This is just yet another example of where you have a higher opinion of yourself than others.

Have I mentioed this thread is ****in stupid and requires no thought? I didn't. But I certainly could have.....right? You called me out. Dont cry if I slap your teeth down your throat............peaches. You yourself said this is the way to deal with stupid people. We surely agree on that.

OOOHHH!

Butthurt internet tough guy is going to "slap my teeth down my throat."

*shaking in boots*

Nothing like making a threat of assault to try to make a weak point.

Let's review the opener, and the 1st four responses to that thread, shall we?

Warner is in the last year if his contract. Probably too old to get another big money deal. What do you think of bringing him in with Haley to get the ball rolling on offense? Even if that meant teaching the offense to the current players or rookie QB?

Just a thought.

What's your opinion?

None.

Zero.

In response to my post:

Now I know why your post count is so high. You don't have to actually have anything to say to post. Nice work. And thanks.

Sure doesn't look like I called you out to me.

What happens after you make that comment is your own fault. I gave you a legitimate answer, and you went on the attack.

Are you currently stalking any of the other folks that thought your idea was stupid?

Chiefs Country?

J Diddy?

Guru?

jsp chief?

Or any other of the 10+ that posted in the first 30 pages?

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 05:13 PM
It's a couple raging Internet "experts" versus the rest of the board.

Or, it's 3 people who posted a poll within minutes of each other because the idea was mentioned in another thread and on the radio.

Fucking drama queen.

Sam Hall
02-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Or, it's 3 people who posted a poll within minutes of each other because the idea was mentioned in another thread and on the radio.

****ing drama queen.

I'm a drama queen?ROFL

CrazyHorse
02-12-2009, 05:21 PM
OOOHHH!

Butthurt internet tough guy is going to "slap my teeth down my throat."

*shaking in boots*

Nothing like making a threat of assault to try to make a weak point.

Let's review the opener, and the 1st four responses to that thread, shall we?

In response to my post:

Sure doesn't look like I called you out to me.

What happens after you make that comment is your own fault. I gave you a legitimate answer, and you went on the attack.

Are you currently stalking any of the other folks that thought your idea was stupid?

Chiefs Country?

J Diddy?

Guru?

jsp chief?

Or any other of the 10+ that posted in the first 30 pages?

2 more cases of your comprehension skill.

1. I was figuratively slapping your teeth down your throat with chiildish interenet banter. Something you stand the highest percentage of understanding. Not simple enough, I guess.

2. You called me out in this thread.

I'm not as stuck in the past as you think. Looks like that might be you.

The genius just oozes out of you, huh peaches?

smittysbar
02-12-2009, 05:26 PM
CrazyHorse ran out of weed

dtebbe
02-12-2009, 05:32 PM
My homer glasses are firmly stuck to my face on this one. Manning is the correct answer, but DT is, well,...... ours.

DT

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 05:36 PM
2 more cases of your comprehension skill.

1. I was figuratively slapping your teeth down your throat with chiildish interenet banter. Something you stand the highest percentage of understanding. Not simple enough, I guess.

2. You called me out in this thread.

I'm not as stuck in the past as you think. Looks like that might be you.

The genius just oozes out of you, huh peaches?

I called you out on this thread? Let's review, AGAIN, in order:

I'm asking a question.

Sure, me posting a poll is calling YOU out.

You're 0-for-2, slapdick, and are making yourself look even more foolish, if that's possible.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Seeing the results of this thread, it now boggles my mind how people want to draft Aaron Curry so high when he's not even a pass rusher.

doomy3
02-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Seeing the results of this thread, it now boggles my mind how people want to draft Aaron Curry so high when he's not even a pass rusher.

I don't see how it's that confusing for you.

Obviously they don't see a Peyton Manning in this draft.

CrazyHorse
02-12-2009, 05:41 PM

I've been told this is no thread about Currey or Sanchez. But for arguement sake let's just say that a 16 game college prospect is no Peyton Manning any more than Currey is DT.

But this poll does prove that if there was a QB worth the 3rd pick, most would be on board with it.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 05:42 PM

They don't see one any year, this exact same argument was made against Matt Ryan.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 05:42 PM
I've been told this is no thread about Currey or Sanchez. But for arguement sake let's just say that a 16 game college prospect is no Peyton Manning any more than Currey is DT.

But this poll does prove that if there was a QB worth the 3rd pick, most would be on board with it.

Problem is this fan base never believes a QB is worth the pick till after the fact.

doomy3
02-12-2009, 05:43 PM
They don't see one any year, this exact same argument was made against Matt Ryan.

And you do see one every year. That's why extremes suck. Obviously there is not a Peyton Manning every year.

And this year, you see 2 apparently.

I agree that Stafford might be that type.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 05:43 PM

now you are going to compare ryan to manning when you have said multiple times how ignorant to compare first year guys to HOFERSROFL

Mecca
02-12-2009, 05:45 PM
now you are going to compare ryan to manning when you have said multiple times how ignorant to compare first year guys to HOFERSROFL

Are you ignorant or do you just play a retard on the forum?

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 05:45 PM

Fine. Let's try another comparison.

Jay Cutler, or AJ Hawk?

Mecca
02-12-2009, 05:47 PM

Jay Cutler, or AJ Hawk?

The simple point is people don't like QB's around here unless it's after the fact of them already proving something.

It's very bizarre, and of course we got others who don't even understand the argument.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 05:47 PM

Are you ignorant or do you just play a retard on the forum?

now i'm ignorant? you have stated multiple times that comparing a first year player to a HOFER is stupid. yet you just did the exact same thing. when i call you on it you say i'm ignorant? wow you are a genius

Mecca
02-12-2009, 05:48 PM
now i'm ignorant? you have stated multiple times that comparing a first year player to a HOFER is stupid. yet you just did the exact same thing. when i call you on it you say i'm ignorant? wow you are a genius

I'm not comparing him to Manning you uneducated fuckface, I'm using him as an example of how the Chiefs fan base doesn't want a QB, till after the fucking fact.

Got it?

melbar
02-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Sanchez is not Manning.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 05:49 PM
I'm not comparing him to Manning you uneducated fuckface, I'm using him as an example of how the Chiefs fan base doesn't want a QB, till after the fucking fact.

Got it?

Somebody call somebody.

I think Mecca finally broke.

doomy3
02-12-2009, 05:50 PM

Jay Cutler, or AJ Hawk?

Well, I would choose Cutler.

But, maybe a more fair comparison from that draft would be Hawk or Vince Young...

CrazyHorse
02-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Problem is this fan base never believes a QB is worth the pick till after the fact.

I dont see that. I see some that think Sanchez is worth it, and I see some that don't.

The fact is, no one knows. It's all speculation and opinion. It's risky taking a player with so little time starting at that position in college with the 3rd pick. It might pay off, who knows? But it's certainly no slam dunk.

I will live with whichever pick we take. Until I KNOW better.

We are all entitled to our opinions.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Somebody call somebody.

That was ridiculous a fucking 5 year old could understand the point I made and he acted like a complete and utter dipshit about it.

Really if there was ever a person who's parents possibly had drooly retard sex.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 05:52 PM

But, maybe a more fair comparison from that draft would be Hawk or Vince Young...

That puts me in a bad spot because I didn't like Young at all...he had every red flag you can have as a QB in my personal view.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 05:53 PM

Got it?

really i'm uneducated? wow thats great coming from a fucking telemarketer, you are the fucking loser that lives in mommy's basement and has people hang up on him all day long. which is why your ignorant ass tries so hard to be right. must suck to feel rejection all day long.

smittysbar
02-12-2009, 05:54 PM
I would truly be entertained as to what the 12 that answered DT were thinking, or maybe it's just a homer pick.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 05:54 PM
That was ridiculous a fucking 5 year old could understand the point I made and he acted like a complete and utter dipshit about it.

Really if there was ever a person who's parents possibly had drooly retard sex.

thats fine pussy keep up with the insults, says way more about you than me

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Somebody call somebody.

fuck mecca, what the fuck can that loser do?

Mecca
02-12-2009, 05:55 PM
really i'm uneducated? wow thats great coming from a fucking telemarketer, you are the fucking loser that lives in mommy's basement and has people hang up on him all day long. which is why your ignorant ass tries so hard to be right. must suck to feel rejection all day long.

I'm not the one who has the huge percentage of dumbass posts all of the forum...

You got what you asked for, next time take more than 5 seconds to figure out a simple point, if it's to hard don't post.

jAZ
02-12-2009, 05:56 PM

That's not true.

If anything he's using the analogy of one HOF LB with a HOF QB.

He's NOT comparing an unproven QB with a HOF LB. That comparison would be stupid.

One that's not nearly as stuipd would be comparing an unproven QB with an unproven LB.

I assume his point is that if both unproven players become HOF at their position... which would you want?

And that's a legit discussion.

Sanchez vs DT is a stupid discussion.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 05:57 PM
fuck mecca, what the fuck can that loser do?

I don't have to do much of anything you do a really good job looking like a dumbass frequently.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 05:57 PM

Right.

Because Young played in a spread offense, couldn't read a defense, was a terrible passer and scored a fucking 6 on the Wonderlic.

Sounds just like Stafford and Sanchez.

FWIW, Scott Wright has said that Stafford would be a Top 5 pick in any class, and has compared him to Cutler.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm not the one who has the huge percentage of dumbass posts all of the forum...

You got what you asked for, next time take more than 5 seconds to figure out a simple point, if it's to hard don't post.

all of the forum? what the fuck is that?

jAZ
I dont see that. I see some that think Sanchez is worth it, and I see some that don't.

The fact is, no one knows. It's all speculation and opinion. It's risky taking a player with so little time starting at that position in college with the 3rd pick. It might pay off, who knows? But it's certainly no slam dunk.

I will live with whichever pick we take. Until I KNOW better.

We are all entitled to our opinions.

I didn't agree with your prior post, but I agree with this one.

Mecca
That's not true.

He's NOT comparing an unproven QB with a HOF LB. That comparison would be stupid.

One that's not nearly as stuipd would be comparing an unproven QB with an unproven LB.

I assume his point is that if both unproven players become HOF at their position... which would you want?

By God, a logical post that understands the concept of this.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 05:59 PM
I don't have to do much of anything you do a really good job looking like a dumbass frequently.

why because i dont agree with YOU?ROFL guess what buddy when you become an nfl anything i'll think you know something until that...

Mecca
02-12-2009, 06:00 PM
why because i dont agree with YOU?ROFL guess what buddy when you become an nfl anything i'll think you know something until that...

No I think just some reading comprehension would be good at this point.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 06:01 PM
That's not true.

That's exactly what the point was.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 06:02 PM
That's exactly what the point was.

I thought that point was easily obvious, guess not.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 06:02 PM

once again look at these posts, people HERE said ryan wasnt manning last year

Mecca
02-12-2009, 06:03 PM
How in the world is that confused with saying Ryan is Manning....it's an example of how the fan base thinks a QB sucks until after the fact.

Jason always thinks I'm saying something I'm not...reading comprehension man I'm not making overly complicated points here.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 06:06 PM
damn mecca he said people dont see a manning in this draft. to which you replied"they dont see one any year, they used this SAME argument against ryan last year" now to put matt ryan in the conversation sure sounds like a comparison to me. but hey man you know it all

Mecca
02-12-2009, 06:07 PM
They I don't see a franchise QB was argued against Ryan last year...

Ryan is not Manning but guess what, he sure looks like a franchise QB doesn't he?

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 06:09 PM
They I don't see a franchise QB was argued against Ryan last year...

Ryan is not Manning but guess what, he sure looks like a franchise QB doesn't he?

last year people said he didnt resemble a manning right? how do you know what he is? after one fucking year no one does

Mecca
02-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Oh Jesus Christ, nevermind.

Some people are not worth it.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Oh Jesus Christ, nevermind.

Some people are not worth it.

ok would you want derrick anderson? is he a franchise qb?

Mecca
02-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Uh no.....

But this is getting stupid, you don't understand the point and now you're semantically arguing about it.

CrazyHorse
02-12-2009, 06:16 PM
That's not true.

If both players were to become HOFers, then I would take the player that filled the position we were weakest. For example, if we had a good LB and a lousy QB I would take the QB. If we had a good QB and a lousy LB I would take the LB. After all both are HOFers.

In the end, I want a good player. Like I said, I can live with either pick as long as it's not a miss. I would hate to miss with the 3rd pick because of the money, and the fact that #3 pick dont fall in your lap every year.

If we get a good/great player, I'll b e happy.

doomy3
02-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Right.

Because Young played in a spread offense, couldn't read a defense, was a terrible passer and scored a ****ing 6 on the Wonderlic.

FWIW, Scott Wright has said that Stafford would be a Top 5 pick in any class, and has compared him to Cutler.

No, my point was that Cutler in that draft would have been about the equivalent of Freeman this year, or the consensus #3 QB in that draft class.

I would say VY or Leinert would be more in line with what we are talking about here.

doomy3
02-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Right.

Because Young played in a spread offense, couldn't read a defense, was a terrible passer and scored a ****ing 6 on the Wonderlic.

And, BTW I would take Stafford in a heartbeat, but am not sure about Sanchez. That doesn't make me afraid to take a QB.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 06:18 PM
If both players were to become HOFers, then I would take the player that filled the position we were weakest. For example, if we had a good LB and a lousy QB I would take the QB. If we had a good QB and a lousy LB I would take the LB. After all both are HOFers.

In the end, I want a good player. Like I said, I can live with either pick as long as it's not a miss. I would hate to miss with the 3rd pick because of the money, and the fact that #3 pick dont fall in your lap every year.

If we get a good/great player, I'll b e happy.

If you would take a great LB when you only had a good QB, I feel sorry for you.

CrazyHorse
02-12-2009, 06:19 PM
If you would take a great LB when you only had a good QB, I feel sorry for you.

I would have 2 good to great players instead of 1. What's the problem. We're talking a HOFer.

No need to feel sorry for me, I live a happy life. I guess ignorance is bliss.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 06:20 PM
No, my point was that Cutler in that draft would have been about the equivalent of Freeman this year, or the consensus #3 QB in that draft class.

I would say VY or Leinert would be more in line with what we are talking about here.

No, we're not talking about where they were drafted.

We're talking about their talent level as a prospect.

As a pure QB prospect, most, if not all of the "experts" thought Jay Cutler was the best prospect of the class, though they knew that Young and probably Leinart would go ahead of him.

Same with Roethlisberger.

You're saying we can't compare these guys to Manning talent wise, but then balk when I compare Stafford to the guy almost every scout in the country is comparing him to?

Mecca
02-12-2009, 06:20 PM
I owuld have 2 good to great players instead of 1. What's the problem. We're talking a HOFer.

The value of a great QB over a good QB is more than any LB's value.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 06:21 PM

As a pure QB prospect, most, if not all of the "experts" thought Jay Cutler was the best prospect of the class, though they knew that Young and probably Leinart would go ahead of him.

You're saying we can't compare these guys to Manning talent wise, but then balk when I compare Stafford to the guy almost every scout in the country is comparing him to?

Cutler is pretty much the spot on comparison, same conference, similar stats, similar physical skills.

It's harder to find one for Sanchez he's unique in a way.

doomy3
02-12-2009, 06:22 PM

Are you serious?

Every expert thought that Cutler was the best prospect? We must have watched different coverage.

Same with Ben in Eli and Rivers' class. Seemed that Eli was pretty much consensus number one.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-12-2009, 06:22 PM
It doesn't matter if it's Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, or Brady Quinn. This fanbase will never, eeeeeeeeeeever, want to spend a 1st rounder on a QB.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Are you serious?

Every expert thought that Cutler was the best prospect? We must have watched different coverage.

Same with Ben in Eli and Rivers' class. Seemed that Eli was pretty much consensus number one.

Well I liked Ben more than Eli and Rivers....just me though.

doomy3
02-12-2009, 06:23 PM

And anyway, cool. If Stafford is equal to Cutler, I would choose him anyway.

Sanchez I just don't know at #3, and that is likely our choice, right?

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 06:24 PM
This debate has made it over to WPI. (where Manning is leading 15-10)

Catch this beauty:

It relly depends on the makeup of your team. Starting from absolute scratch, I take the franchise, all time QB. But if I already have a passable QB and a poor pass rush, I take DT. If we're talking about the 2009 Chiefs, it's DT by a mile. We already have at least a good young QB, and desperately need a pass rush.

doomy3
02-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Well I liked Ben more than Eli and Rivers....just me though.

Oh, by experts I thought OTW was talking about actual experts.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Cutler is pretty much the spot on comparison, same conference, similar stats, similar physical skills.

It's harder to find one for Sanchez he's unique in a way.

Carson Palmer with a slightly inferior arm.

Same solid mechanics and great footwork. Similar pedigree. Slightly smaller, but a little more mobile.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 06:26 PM
This debate has made it over to WPI. (where Manning is leading 15-10)

Catch this beauty:

Ahahaha...

Desire to be the 90s Chiefs!

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Are you serious?

Did you read my post?

As a PURE QB prospect, yes, they did.

And no, Eli wasn't the consensus #1, he just WENT #1.

I've read where the Ravens organization had them all rated as 6.7's on a scale of 1-8, and that they would have drafted Roethlisberger had they been in the Charger's shoes.

doomy3
02-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Carson Palmer with a slightly inferior arm.

Same solid mechanics and great footwork. Similar pedigree. Slightly smaller, but a little more mobile.

if they didn't both go to USC, I'm not sure anyone would compare Sanchez to Palmer.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Palmer was actually very mobile in his early days at SC as he matured he stopped running.

doomy3
02-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Did you read my post?

I've read where the Ravens organization had them all rated as 6.7's on a scale of 1-8, and that they would have drafted Roethlisberger had they been in the Charger's shoes.

Yeah, I read your post...What's confusing about mine? I stand by the statement that most NFL teams thought about them as pro prospects by the pick they were drafted.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 06:29 PM
if they didn't both go to USC, I'm not sure anyone would compare Sanchez to Palmer.

Anyone that understands what to look for would.

doomy3
02-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Anyone that understands what to look for would.

OK, time for me to leave this.

You, Mecca, and Hamas can go ahead and talk to each other as the only three that know anything.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Uh no.....

But this is getting stupid, you don't understand the point and now you're semantically arguing about it.

BUT for one fucking year he had stats comparable to ryan's now how are you so sure ryan is a franchise qb?

OnTheWarpath15
Yeah, I read your post...What's confusing about mine? I stand by the statement that most NFL teams thought about them as pro prospects by the pick they were drafted.

How can you say that about anyone other than the Chargers and Giants in 2004, or Titans or Cardinals in 2006?

That's like saying the whole league thought David Carr was worth the #1 pick, just because he went #1.

All that means is he was the top rated QB on the Texans board.

You have no idea how teams who didn't have a need for a QB scored these guys.

CrazyHorse
The value of a great QB over a good QB is more than any LB's value.

That's your opinion. I would rather have 2 good players on my team than 1. You're not going to fill your entire roster with HOFers.

In the end to speculate either of these unproven players as HOFers is a stretch.

As I have previously stated, as long as we get a good player at #3 I'll be happy.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 06:35 PM
OK, time for me to leave this.

You, Mecca, and Hamas can go ahead and talk to each other as the only three that know anything.

WTF?

That wasn't a knock at you at all. Sorry if you took it that way, but it wasn't.

I think we can agree that the majority of people that frequent this board have no idea how to scout a QB - what to look for, what to watch, etc.

I have no idea if you have that ability.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 06:35 PM
That's your opinion. I would rather have 2 good players on my team than 1. You're not going to fill your entire roster with HOFers.

In the end to speculate either of these unproven players as HOFers is a stretch.

As I have previously stated, as long as we get a good player at #3 I'll be happy.

I'd rather have the HOF Qb than anything else...

Especially LB.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 06:36 PM
How can you say that about anyone other than the Chargers and Giants in 2004, or Titans or Cardinals in 2006?

That's like saying the whole league thought David Carr was worth the #1 pick, just because he went #1.

yet all you could come up with was the ravens? how do you know how other teams graded them?

doomy3

Well, the fact that both the QBs you are talking about got passed over by many teams even after other QBs were drafted is a clue

OnTheWarpath15

Especially LB.

If I have a choice of HOF'ers, I'm taking the one who plays the most important position on the field.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 06:37 PM
yet all you could come up with was the ravens? how do you know how other teams graded them?

He can use the Ravens as an example because there was a book written about it...

Sometimes I think you just like to argue.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Well, the fact that both the QBs you are talking about got passed over by many teams even after other QBs were drafted is a clue

So, teams passing on QB's when they have no need for one reflects their worth?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-12-2009, 06:38 PM

Especially LB.

I'd rather have one John Elway than Lawrence Taylor and Carl Banks

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 06:39 PM

I'm not the one claiming I know how specific teams graded.

I know how the RAVENS graded that year, because it's in print.

Maybe you should go back and read.

ChiefsCountry
02-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Its like would you want Elway or DT/Neil Smith. No question I would take Horseface.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 06:40 PM

i read that. yet you act as though that was the consensus of the league, it was one team's thought

Mecca
02-12-2009, 06:40 PM

You're asking alot here man.

doomy3
02-12-2009, 06:41 PM
So, teams passing on QB's when they have no need for one reflects their worth?

Teams that passed on Roethlisberger:

Oakland Raiders
Arizona Cardinals
Washington Redskins
Cleveland Browns
Detroit Lions
Atlanta Falcons
Jacksonville Jaguars
Houston Texans

Not exactly a list of teams that had great talent at QB. Maybe they just weren't in love with Roethlisberger?

CrazyHorse
02-12-2009, 06:48 PM

Especially LB.

Maybe where we differ is I prefer a dominant defense over dominant offense.

Dont get me wrong, I loved the offense of the early 2000s. But I love an aggressive defense that breaks the offenses back. I would prefer a team like the Steelers over the DV Rams.

doomy3
02-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Teams that passed on Cutler (besides the obvious 2 who selected other QBs):

Houston Texans
New Orleans Saints
New York Jets
Green Bay Packers
San Francisco 49ers
Oakland Raiders
Buffalo Bills
Detroit Lions
Arizona Cardinals

Again, many of those teams had need at QB.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 06:49 PM

Are you serious?

Did you read my post?

SO most if not all of the experts work for the ravens?

Mecca
02-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Maybe where we differ is I prefer a dominant defense over dominant offense.

Dont get me wrong, I loved the offense of the early 2000s. But I love an aggressive defense that breaks the offenses back. I would prefer a team like the Steelers over the DV Rams.

If you build a defense without a QB to make plays...you're the 90's Chiefs.

If the Steelers don't have Roethlisberger they lose the Superbowl because their great defense folded.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 06:51 PM

Yea I'm sure that's what he said.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 06:52 PM
i read that. yet you act as though that was the consensus of the league, it was one team's thought

WTF?

How in the hell did you get "acting as though that was the consensus of the league," out of THIS:

NOWHERE in this thread have I implied what the rest of the league thought of him, I've only used what I know to be true about how the RAVENS graded him to emphasize my point about many of the draft experts thinking he was the best pure QB prospect.

I understand why people get short with you.

You don't read, you don't listen, and you take other people's words and give them an entirely new meaning.

CrazyHorse
02-12-2009, 06:52 PM
If you build a defense without a QB to make plays...you're the 90's Chiefs.

If the Steelers don't have Roethlisberger they lose the Superbowl because their great defense folded.

I didn't say no QB. He just dont have to be a HOFer.

Oh, and the Steelers defense won that game.

For the 1st 58 minutes the Steelers defense had scored 3 points less than the Steelers offense. Not to mention they took 7 off the board for the Cards.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 06:53 PM
WTF?

How in the hell did you get "acting as though that was the consensus of the league," out of THIS:

NOWHERE in this thread have I implied what the rest of the league thought of him, I've only used what I know to be true about how the RAVENS graded him to emphasize my point about many of the draft experts thinking he was the best pure QB prospect.

I understand why people get short with you.

You don't read, you don't listen, and you take other people's words and give them an entirely new meaning.

That was exactly what I said earlier, it's like he completely takes your point and switches it into what he wants to be so he can argue with you about it.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 06:54 PM

Are you fucking retarded?

You understand the concept of using factual data to back up a claim, correct?

I've only used what I know to be true about how the RAVENS graded him to emphasize my point about many of the draft experts thinking he was the best pure QB prospect.

Notice, I haven't said ANYTHING about how the rest of the league graded him, because I DON'T KNOW, nor DO I CLAIM TO.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Teams that passed on Cutler (besides the obvious 2 who selected other QBs):

Houston Texans
New Orleans Saints
New York Jets
Green Bay Packers
San Francisco 49ers
Oakland Raiders
Buffalo Bills
Detroit Lions
Arizona Cardinals

Again, many of those teams had need at QB.

Are there any other reasons they could have passed?

There are other issues that could, and do factor in, other than the talent at hand.

David Carr sucked at that time, but was tied to the Texans with a giant contract.

Some teams (like us) rarely, if ever take a QB early, regardless of how they grade.

Some teams pass on better players to fill a need.

milkman
02-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Cowboys kind of answered this question. They had the choice between DT and Troy Aikman. Bet they dont regret that one.

Ordinarily, I will read through an entire thread before resonding, but in this case, I'm going to stop right here.

If I have the choice between Aikman and DT, I'm taking Aikman.

I would say the same for a number of other QBs.

Brady, Elway, Montana, Bradshaw, Staubaugh, etc...

However, if the choice is between DT and Peyton Manning, I'm taking DT.

I'm not going to call Manning a choker, but he is the Bill Cowher of QBs.

In 9 playoff appearances, he has gone 1 and done 6 times.

Two of those times that he, and the Colts, did advance, it was agianst teh Chiefs, one of which he threw 3 picks to Ty freakin' Law.

In their one SB season, he had one good playoff game, but was essentially carried to the SB by Dominic Rhodes, Joseph Addai and a defense that stepped up when the playoffs started.

But throughout his career in the playoffs, when he needed to step up and make plays to win, he has failed.

Peyton Manning is one of the all time great regular season QBs.

But he is a pretty mediocre playoff QB, and not a guy I want when the chips are down.

doomy3
02-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Are there any other reasons they could have passed?

There are other issues that could, and do factor in, other than the talent at hand.

David Carr sucked at that time, but was tied to the Texans with a giant contract.

Some teams (like us) rarely, if ever take a QB early, regardless of how they grade.

Some teams pass on better players to fill a need.

Well, I think it's a pretty fair estimate of how at least 10 other teams felt both those years...

All of those teams would have picked Cutler or Roethlisberger if they would have known. Most of those teams drafted a QB within the next couple years

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 07:03 PM
once again for you real men of genius

so most of the experts feel this way right?

?

Are you serious?

now he comes with this to which you replied
Did you read my post?

then the hypocrisy

but right up top you act as though you do
WTF?

but you HAVE said that most if not all experts had cutler and big ben as the #1 while only having the ravens to go off of.

CrazyHorse
02-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Ordinarily, I will read through an entire thread before resonding, but in this case, I'm going to stop right here.

Two of those times that he, and the Colts, did advance, it was agianst teh Chiefs, one of which he threw 3 picks to Ty freakin' Law.

In their one SB season, he had one good playoff game, but was essentially carried to the SB by Dominic Rhodes, Joseph Addai and a defense that stepped up when the playoffs started.

But throughout his career in the playoffs, when he needed to step up and make plays to win, he has failed.

But he is a pretty mediocre playoff QB, and not a guy I want when the chips are down.

Let's say you have Eli Manning and Weston Dacus at LB and you have the opportunity to draft DT or Aikman. Would you still draft Aikman.

No, I'm not saying Thigpen is Aikmen, just saying it's not all black and white.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 07:13 PM
once again for you real men of genius

now he comes with this to which you replied

then the hypocrisy

but right here you act as though you do

but you HAVE said that most if not all experts had cutler and big ben as the #1 while only having the ravens to go off of.

DRAFT EXPERTS, YOU FUCKING MORON.

What part of this do you NOT FUCKING GET?

I made the claim, which is FACTUAL, that many draft experts felt Roethlisberger was the better pure QB prospect. I don't need any other info to back that up, I heard and saw it for myself.

Doomy disputes this.

I respond by stating that not only did many of the experts think so, the RAVENS, and the RAVENS ALONE shared the same opinion as the draft experts. I gave this supplemental evidence to back up my claim, since he disputed it.

HE is the one arguing that he can assume what other TEAMS thought of him based on where he was drafted ALONE.

I, however, am not assuming ANYTHING.

I witnessed with my own eyes and ear these draft experts making these claims on TV and in print, and witnessed with my own eyes the grading of Rivers, Eli and Roethlisberger in print.

QUIT TAKING THINGS PEOPLE SAY AND CHANGING THEM TO GIVE YOURSELF SOMETHING TO ARGUE.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 07:14 PM

But he is a pretty mediocre playoff QB, and not a guy I want when the chips are down.Not to piss on the guy's grave, but I don't remember a whole lot of DT playoff heroics. What was it, something like 7 sacks in 10 games? Not bad, they certainly didn't lose because of him, but not exactly 'making plays to win', either. You're picking the guy who never even made the super bowl over the guy who's actually won one, which I think's maybe a little homer-vision.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 07:15 PM
DRAFT EXPERTS, YOU FUCKING MORON.

I respond by stating that not only did many of the experts think so, the RAVENS, and the RAVENS ALONE shared the same opinion as the draft experts.

QUIT TAKING THINGS PEOPLE SAY AND CHANGING THEM TO GIVE YOURSELF SOMETHING TO ARGUE.

in my opinion the only "experts" there are are the guys who actually male the picks. you never said the bolded part. once again i quoted the posts what did i change that you said?

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 07:20 PM
in my opinion the only "experts" there are are the guys who actually male the picks. you never said the bolded part. once again i quoted the posts what did i change that you said?

You changed the meaning, you fucking dolt.

Everyone else in this thread understands 100% what I said, yet you turn it into something 180 degrees from correct.

Doomy didn't misunderstand. He was right there with me.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 07:23 PM
You changed the meaning, you fucking dolt.

Everyone else in this thread understands 100% what I said, yet you turn it into something 180 degrees from correct.

Doomy didn't misunderstand. He was right there with me.

i didnt change anything, maybe didnt take it the way you meant it, and i too watch and look and dont remember many touting cutler or ben

milkman
02-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Not to piss on the guy's grave, but I don't remember a whole lot of DT playoff heroics. What was it, something like 7 sacks in 10 games? Not bad, they certainly didn't lose because of him, but not exactly 'making plays to win', either. You're picking the guy who never even made the super bowl over the guy who's actually won one, which I think's maybe a little homer-vision.

I don't believe that anyone has ever accused me of homerism before.

The fact is the QB position is the most important on the field, and while DT never made much of a difference in the playoffs, it's the QB that needs to be the guy that steps up, and Manning is not that guy.

The fact is, I like Peyton Manning's public personna, and I can't stand guys like Elway or Steve Young.

But where I'll pass on Manning, I'll take Elway or Young every time over DT.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 07:27 PM
i didnt change anything, maybe didnt take it the way you meant it, and i too watch and look and dont remember many touting cutler or ben

Didn't take it the way I meant it?

No other human on the planet could have taken what I said, and turned it into what you claim I meant by my statements.

I'd turn the other cheek if this was a one-time thing, but it's a constant with you.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 07:30 PM

No other human on the planet could have taken what I said, and turned it into what you claim I meant by my statements.

I'd turn the other cheek if this was a one-time thing, but it's a constant with you.

look i could give a fuck if you turn the other cheek, who the fuck are you? another mother fucker on a message board thats it, you arent an expert yet you always seem to think that the only OPINION that is right is the one that comes from youROFL

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 07:30 PM
I don't believe that anyone has ever accused me of homerism before.

The fact is the QB position is the most important on the field, and while DT never made much of a difference in the playoffs, it's the QB that needs to be the guy that steps up, and Manning is not that guy.

The fact is, I like Peyton Manning's public personna, and I can't stand guys like Elway or Steve Young.

But where I'll pass on Manning, I'll take Elway or Young every time over DT.Well, I just said a little homer-vision, I didn't call you homer simpson.

The fact that DT never made much of a difference in the playoffs is the reason I go with Manning, because I know, for a fact, he can win a super bowl. Because he's done it. This is an old argument that goes all the way back to Tennessee. It just doesn't work quite as well now that he has the ring. Although I guess he'll have to get a second one to prove to the world that it wasn't a fluke (good luck with that Peyton). Old habits die hard, and even a super bowl win can't beat the long-standing "peyton can't win the big one" myth....

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Manning is winning 58% to 42% over at WPI...

ROFL

doomy3
02-12-2009, 07:34 PM

ROFL

Well, the guy who you have said in the past you respect his football opinions as much as anyone on the board, Milkman, voted the same way. Is he retarded?

Mecca
02-12-2009, 07:35 PM

Funny to see it happen 2 times in the same thread isn't it?

Gee I wonder what poster the problem is with.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Well, the guy who you have said in the past you respect his football opinions as much as anyone on the board, Milkman, voted the same way. Is he retarded?Ah, he just explained that it was about Peyton specifically and that if it was pretty much another other QB he'd have gone that way.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 07:36 PM
look i could give a fuck if you turn the other cheek, who the fuck are you? another mother fucker on a message board thats it, you arent an expert yet you always seem to think that the only OPINION that is right is the one that comes from youROFL

Another stellar argument from Captain Capslock.

Realizes the gun is out of ammo, so move on to the attack.

How about this, fuckstain?

People won't call you out if you don't take their words and portray them in a way they obviously weren't intended.

In other words, quit acting like a retard, and people will quit treating you like you're a fucking retard. You give people no other options with your bullshit.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Ah, he just explained that it was about Peyton specifically and that if it was pretty much another other QB he'd have gone that way.

Beat me to it.

Gonzo
02-12-2009, 07:38 PM
I posted this in the other thread...

DT would be the obvious choice here. That's just due to his sheer awesomeness. DT didn't pass away, he's alive and well and teaching Chuck Norris how to be as awesome as he is. That's why he had to fake his death, teachings of that caliber require 20 years of concentration and study. Have you noticed that we haven't heard from Chuck in a while? He was required to finish his show, WTR by DT as an audition.

Every morning Chuck gets up and kisses DT's toes, he then drinks 1 oz of DT's sweat for energy, you may know this beverage as 5 hour energy, it's extremely diluted though because 1 oz of DT's sweat would kill a polar bear.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Funny to see it happen 2 times in the same thread isn't it?

Gee I wonder what poster the problem is with.

That's the thing. It's a pattern of the same bullshit.

He either really is fucking stupid, or he does it on purpose. It's happened way too many times to be coincidence.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 07:41 PM
That's the thing. It's a pattern of the same bullshit.

He either really is fucking stupid, or he does it on purpose. It's happened way too many times to be coincidence.

:D FOR SOME REASON YOU have gotten this holier than thou attitude ever since the great wpi cleansing of 09

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Another stellar argument from Captain Capslock.

Realizes the gun is out of ammo, so move on to the attack.

How about this, fuckstain?

People won't call you out if you don't take their words and portray them in a way they obviously weren't intended.

In other words, quit acting like a retard, and people will quit treating you like you're a fucking retard. You give people no other options with your bullshit.

wasnt an argument just telling you exactly what i think of you.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 07:57 PM
:D FOR SOME REASON YOU have gotten this holier than thou attitude ever since the great wpi cleansing of 09

Or, I'm sick of having the obvious intent of my words twisted by a mouthbreather, just so said mouthbreather has something to argue about.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Or, I'm sick of having the obvious intent of my words twisted by a mouthbreather, just so said mouthbreather has something to argue about.

wtf is a mouthbreather? and if anyone here WANTS to argue its you

smittysbar
02-12-2009, 08:05 PM
wtf is a mouthbreather? and if anyone here WANTS to argue its you

No, No, it's you that has done nothing but argue in this thread, and all because you apparently can't read. STFU

milkman
02-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Well, I just said a little homer-vision, I didn't call you homer simpson.

The fact that DT never made much of a difference in the playoffs is the reason I go with Manning, because I know, for a fact, he can win a super bowl. Because he's done it. This is an old argument that goes all the way back to Tennessee. It just doesn't work quite as well now that he has the ring. Although I guess he'll have to get a second one to prove to the world that it wasn't a fluke (good luck with that Peyton). Old habits die hard, and even a super bowl win can't beat the long-standing "peyton can't win the big one" myth....

The fact is, it's a team sport and Manning rode his team to a SB.
But he hasn't yet delivered for his team

I want a QB that will deliver.
If Manning ever does actually step up and deliver, then my answer changes.

smittysbar
02-12-2009, 08:11 PM
The fact is, it's a team sport and Manning rode his team to a SB.
But he hasn't yet delivered for his team

I want a QB that will deliver.
If Manning ever does actually step up and deliver, then my answer changes.

You could make the argument that Mannings team has rode him to several victories.

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 08:12 PM
No, No, it's you that has done nothing but argue in this thread, and all because you apparently can't read. STFU

in this thread maybe, most of the time its not me bro this guy argued for the last three days with someone

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 08:43 PM

Exactly.

Jason doesn't understand the difference between provocation and defending yourself.

milkman
02-12-2009, 08:47 PM
You could make the argument that Mannings team has rode him to several victories.

I wouldn't argue against that.
However, that is regular season.

He fails to show up in the playoffs.

ChiefsCountry
02-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Part of Manning's problem in the playoffs is Brady makes him his bitch.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Part of Manning's problem in the playoffs is Brady makes him his bitch.The Patriots are to the Colts as the Colts are to the Chiefs. Except they actually beat them once. I think. Or did somebody else beat the Pats that year?

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 08:59 PM

Very, very true.

Buzzsaw
02-12-2009, 09:09 PM

+ Belichick + Ty Law....

DeezNutz
02-12-2009, 09:19 PM

ROFL

About what I expected.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 09:23 PM
About what I expected.

It's 60-40 now.

Weren't we told that this was a stupid poll, that we were exaggerating how many people would vote for DT?

DeezNutz
02-12-2009, 09:26 PM
It's 60-40 now.

DT's making his move...

I wasn't able to post earlier, but this thread picked up steam.

And when he was put to the test, I believe it was Just Fistin Myself who claimed that his determination, his actual vote, would be on team need. HOF player vs. HOF player.

Apparently, he (and a lot of other people) missed the entire point of the ****ing thread. Which position do you value more? What's best to build with?

And people wonder why a small, yet dedicated, faction of posters sometimes snap.

To your edit: Exactly. We're the fucking idiots.

If the threads hadn't appeared at the same time, causing humor/confusion, it would be a true sampling.

Perhaps another vote would be interesting: Freeney vs. Roethlisberger.

milkman
02-12-2009, 09:33 PM

This is true.

However, the fact is, other thant the Chiefs and Broncos, he has played relatively poorly against almost every other team he's faced in the playoffs.

I believe he's had one good game and a fair game aganinst the Bears in the SB.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-12-2009, 11:48 PM
This is true.

However, the fact is, other thant the Chiefs and Broncos, he has played relatively poorly against almost every other team he's faced in the playoffs.

I believe he's had one good game and a fair game aganinst the Bears in the SB.

He was nails in the second half of the last AFC Ch. they played against NE.

02-13-2009, 06:00 AM
uhhhhhhh, Manning. Easily.

Rausch
02-13-2009, 06:03 AM
uhhhhhhh, Manning. Easily.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01134/oj-simpson-sentenc_1134210c.jpg

DenverChief
02-13-2009, 07:16 AM
just wow...DT no question

Amnorix
02-13-2009, 07:38 AM
You're kidding, right?

Manning versus any defensive lineman ever is clearly Manning. MAYBE, MAYBE!!! you'd think about a Bruce Smith or a Reggie White, but absolutely nobody else is worth a half-second of thought.

QBs >>>>> any other position on the football field.

Amnorix
02-13-2009, 07:40 AM
The Patriots are to the Colts as the Colts are to the Chiefs. Except they actually beat them once. I think. Or did somebody else beat the Pats that year?

2006 AFCC. Pats blow big lead (17 points) to Colts in 2nd half. Don't remind me.

Amnorix
02-13-2009, 07:43 AM
just wow...DT no question

Why? Seriously?

It's a no brainer. Manning is easily a top 10 QB all time (some would argue top 5 or top 3, Hootie would no doubt say best QB EVAR, but I'll keep it simple).

QBs trounce every other position on the football field in importance.

And much as I like and respect DT, I wouldn't even put him at the top of impact defensive front 7 all time. Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor and Bruce Smith were far ahead of him in terms of rounded football players, and I think Deacon Jones and a fair number of other guys were at least even if not better.

suds79
02-13-2009, 07:55 AM
This is crazy.

I'm amazing that DT got as many votes as he did. Truely, Carl's legacy lives on. :shake:

We're comparing a LBer to a QB. Seriously? I mean is this serious?

Isn't the point to win championships? I'll take Manning. Who has a ring by the way.

Tribal Warfare
02-14-2009, 02:45 AM
This is crazy.

I'm amazing that DT got as many votes as he did. Truely, Carl's legacy lives on. :shake:

We're comparing a LBer to a QB. Seriously? I mean is this serious?

When Derrick was in his prime the guy controlled the game, for most QB's to be successful they need to be in the right situation and with Carl well we know that story.

Rausch
02-14-2009, 03:01 AM
You're kidding, right?

Manning versus any defensive lineman ever is clearly Manning. MAYBE, MAYBE!!! you'd think about a Bruce Smith or a Reggie White, but absolutely nobody else is worth a half-second of thought.

QBs >>>>> any other position on the football field.

Unless that LB can erase a QB.

DT humbled Steve Young whom got his $#it pushed in.

DT lunched on that Bills LT in 93, the year they also went.

Warren Moon? To this day that man can still smell a 58 load of lip-durt and hurt sneaking up behind him.

Pure passers humbled by one true pass rushing LB.

And manning? MANNING? The most easy probowl QB to get to?

Please. Everytime he even hears the word Merriman he pisses himself. And he isn't even a great yet...

Mecca
02-14-2009, 03:03 AM
Why? Seriously?

It's a no brainer. Manning is easily a top 10 QB all time (some would argue top 5 or top 3, Hootie would no doubt say best QB EVAR, but I'll keep it simple).

QBs trounce every other position on the football field in importance.

And much as I like and respect DT, I wouldn't even put him at the top of impact defensive front 7 all time. Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor and Bruce Smith were far ahead of him in terms of rounded football players, and I think Deacon Jones and a fair number of other guys were at least even if not better.

We have an overly sentimental fan base, we still have people who can't get over Rich Gannon.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-14-2009, 04:16 AM
DT lunched on that Bills LT in 93, the year they also went.

Yeah, he lunched on him so much he got pulled because they raped him on the counter trey every fucking play.