PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Salmon

luv
02-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Best way for me to cook it? Oven? Just season it a little and stick it in? What temp and how long? Not a big piece.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 07:16 PM
I usually bake it. Memory says about a 375 degree oven for 10 or 15 minutes, maybe longer if it's a thick fillet. You'll be able to tell when it's done (flaky). Sometimes I don't even season it with anything outside of salt and pepper.

luv
02-12-2009, 07:17 PM
I usually bake it. Memory says about a 375 degree oven for 10 or 15 minutes, maybe longer if it's a thick fillet. You'll be able to tell when it's done (flaky). Sometimes I don't even season it with anything outside of salt and pepper.

Cool. I think I'm going to do that and prepare some rice to go with it.

MTG#10
02-12-2009, 07:19 PM
The other pink meat.

Bugeater
02-12-2009, 07:20 PM
It's best when served with antifreeze.

Frosty
02-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Best way for me to cook it? Oven? Just season it a little and stick it in? What temp and how long? Not a big piece.

If it is a fillet, we just sprinkle on a little cajun seasoning and pan fry it in butter. Doesn't take very long. Make sure you don't overcook it.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 07:22 PM
If it is a fillet, we just sprinkle on a little cajun seasoning and pan fry it in butter. Doesn't take very long. Make sure you don't overcook it.She's trying to eat healthy, I think. Pan frying in butter probably isn't high on her list. Not that it doesn't taste great that way.

Toadkiller
02-12-2009, 07:22 PM
I usually drizzle a melted butter with lots of lime in it and the grill it but baking it will be ok. Don't overcook it. Another good mix is soy sauce and brown sugar with a little dark rum .

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Another good mix is soy sauce and brown sugar with a little dark rum .That sounds interesting. Almost teriyaki, but not quite.

Stinger
02-12-2009, 07:25 PM
What You Need
1/4 cup Real Mayo Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
4 salmon fillets (1 lb.), skin removed
2 tsp. lemon juice
10 RITZ Crackers, crushed (about 1/2 cup crumbs)
Make It

PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Mix mayo, cheese and pepper until well blended; set aside.

PLACE salmon on foil-lined shallow baking pan. Drizzle evenly with lemon juice. Top with cheese mixture; spread to evenly cover salmon. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs

BAKE 12 to 15 min. or until salmon flakes easily with fork.

or

What You Need
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
3 Tbsp. dry white wine
1 envelope Good Seasons Caesar Dressing Mix
4 salmon steaks (about 1 lb.)
Make It

MIX lemon juice, oil, wine and salad dressing mix until well blended.

RESERVE 1/4 cup of the dressing mixture. Pour remaining dressing mixture over salmon; cover. Refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes to marinate. Drain; discard dressing mixture.

PLACE salmon on greased rack of broiler pan. Broil 2 to 4 inches from heat 6 minutes on each side or until salmon flakes easily with fork, brushing frequently with reserved dressing mixture.

Or

What You Need
3/4 cup A.1. Steakhouse Marinade for Seafood Ginger Teriyaki with Orange, divided
4 salmon fillets (4 oz. each)
2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
2 cups hot water
2 cups shredded carrots
1 bag (6 oz.) snow peas
Make It

POUR 1/2 cup of the marinade over salmon in resealable plastic bag. Seal bag; turn to evenly coat salmon with marinade. Refrigerate 30 min. to marinate.

PREHEAT grill to medium-high heat. Remove salmon from marinade; discard marinade. Place 1 salmon fillet on center of each of four 18x12-inch sheets of heavy-duty foil. Combine remaining 1/4 cup marinade, the rice, water and vegetables; spoon evenly over salmon. Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside.

GRILL 15 min. or until salmon flakes easily with fork. Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening each packet.

Or

What You Need
4 salmon fillets (5 oz. each)
1/3 cup Italian Fat Free Dressing
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
3 green onions, sliced
Make It

PLACE salmon in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.

MIX remaining ingredients; spoon over salmon. Cover with foil; cut several slits in top of foil to vent.

BAKE at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with fork. Serve topped with vegetable mixture.

luv
02-12-2009, 07:25 PM
She's trying to eat healthy, I think. Pan frying in butter probably isn't high on her list. Not that it doesn't taste great that way.

Yep, I'm going to bake it. Just sprinkled a pinch of pepper on it for seasoning. I have some light butter. I could put a teaspoon on it. It's got the skin on one side, so I assume I bake it skin side down.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Yes, skin side down. I'd put the butter on it.

luv
02-12-2009, 07:28 PM
What You Need
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
3 Tbsp. dry white wine
1 envelope GOOD SEASONS Caesar Dressing Mix
4 salmon steaks (about 1 lb.)
Make It

MIX lemon juice, oil, wine and salad dressing mix until well blended.

RESERVE 1/4 cup of the dressing mixture. Pour remaining dressing mixture over salmon; cover. Refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes to marinate. Drain; discard dressing mixture.

PLACE salmon on greased rack of broiler pan. Broil 2 to 4 inches from heat 6 minutes on each side or until salmon flakes easily with fork, brushing frequently with reserved dressing mixture.

This one sounds awesome. Don't have the ingredients for it, but maybe next time. Plenty of salmon left to cook.

DaKCMan AP
02-12-2009, 07:28 PM
LOVE salmon!!! I either grill it on the Foreman, cook it in a pan or broil it.

Lots of different seasonings too. A few of them:

- Blackened

- Black pepper, garlic, rosemary

- Black pepper, garlic, thyme

- Marinate in soy sauce & lime

- Cook then top with a dill-butter sauce

penguinz
02-12-2009, 07:29 PM
alders wood planks and a wood fired grill

Frosty
02-12-2009, 07:30 PM
She's trying to eat healthy, I think. Pan frying in butter probably isn't high on her list. Not that it doesn't taste great that way.

You don't need very much. There isn't anything unhealthy about real butter if you don't overdo it.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-12-2009, 07:31 PM
google a marinade using soy sauce and maple syrup or brown sugar. broil.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 07:33 PM
You don't need very much. There isn't anything unhealthy about real butter if you don't overdo it.It's more the frying than the butter I was concerned with.

I couldn't live without butter, personally.

Gracie Dean
02-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Yep, I'm going to bake it. Just sprinkled a pinch of pepper on it for seasoning. I have some light butter. I could put a teaspoon on it. It's got the skin on one side, so I assume I bake it skin side down.

or use butter flavored Pam in the pan so it doesn't stick

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Several people have mentioned broiling, and that works real well, too, although it can be a little messy to clean up with the extra pan, which is why I usually bake (in tin foil, so I don't have to clean anything - I'm lazy like that)

Frosty
02-12-2009, 07:36 PM
It's more the frying than the butter I was concerned with.

I couldn't live without butter, personally.

Just curious what the difference between baking and frying is except for the addition of a pat of butter (36 calories, BTW)?

luv
02-12-2009, 07:36 PM
or use butter flavored Pam in the pan so it doesn't stick

I've got a Pampered Chef stoneware dish. Nothing sticks to it. :D

luv
02-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Several people have mentioned broiling, and that works real well, too, although it can be a little messy to clean up with the extra pan, which is why I usually bake (in tin foil, so I don't have to clean anything - I'm lazy like that)

I also added a pinch of Creole seasoning. It's high in sodium, so I didn't add any salt.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Just curious what the difference between baking and frying is except for the addition of a pat of butter (36 calories, BTW)?Fried foods collect more fat from the oils you cook them in, and with something like salmon or chicken, I actually prefer baking or broiling because it gives more even heat distribution while it cooks.

I'm also a fiend for fried foods, so I try to bake as much as possible, because once I slip it's all over, and I'll crave fried food all the time. Hello french fries.

DJ's left nut
02-12-2009, 07:45 PM
If you're cooking in an oven, Broil is the way to go 100%.

Salmon has a tendency to dry out if not done carefully when baked. Broiled, on the other hand, is damn near brainless and it gives it a good smokey flavor.

A little bit of salt and pepper, maybe basted in lemon butter as you go (or even just lemon juice) and that's all you really need to do. It's quick, it's easy, and if you put foil in the bottom of your pan it's easy as hell to clean.

Frosty
02-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Fried foods collect more fat from the oils you cook them in, and with something like salmon or chicken, I actually prefer baking or broiling because it gives more even heat distribution while it cooks.

I'm also a fiend for fried foods, so I try to bake as much as possible, because once I slip it's all over, and I'll crave fried food all the time. Hello french fries.

I personally see a big difference in a piece of meat cooked on the stovetop with a little butter and something deep fried, like french fries, but you have to do what works for you.

DaKCMan AP
02-12-2009, 07:50 PM
love salmon..

luv
02-12-2009, 07:52 PM
love salmon..

I'm having mine with brown rice cooked in chicken broth.

DaKCMan AP
02-12-2009, 07:53 PM
I'm having mine with brown rice cooked in chicken broth.

low sodium chicken broth?

luv
02-12-2009, 07:53 PM
low sodium chicken broth?

Yes.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 07:54 PM
You've all inspired me. I'm going to backyard burgers.

DaKCMan AP
02-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Yes.

Nice. I've never actually cooked rice in broth, though I know many do and I've seen it on cooking shows.

luv
02-12-2009, 07:55 PM
You've all inspired me. I'm going to backyard burgers.

The hawaiian chicken is good.

KcMizzou
02-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Damn, that sounds good. I love fish, but never cook any at home. I'm gonna have to pick up some salmon.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 08:01 PM
There's this really nice (fresh) salmon stuffed with crab you can get at target.

mmmm

Frosty
Nice. I've never actually cooked rice in broth, though I know many do and I've seen it on cooking shows.

I don't care for it. I think it makes the rice gummy.

keg in kc
I should get a rice cooker sometime. I need to eat more of that crap.

KcMizzou
02-12-2009, 08:03 PM
I should get a rice cooker sometime. I need to eat more of that crap.Rice is another thing I really like, but don't eat often.

luv
02-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Dinner is served.

DaKCMan AP
02-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Damn, that sounds good. I love fish, but never cook any at home. I'm gonna have to pick up some salmon.

Yep - fish rocks. Whether it be salmon, trout, tilapia, or many of the other choices..

luv
Rice is another thing I really like, but don't eat often.

It's a great filler, and it's good for you. Well, granted you don't soak it in butter.

keg in kc
Rice is another thing I really like, but don't eat often.I like good japanese rice, not the stuff I usually end up buying.

luv
02-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Yep - fish rocks. Whether it be salmon, trout, tilapia, or many of the other choices..

Ohhhh. I have a box of tilapia in the freezer, too. Low in calories. Great with, you guessed it, rice. I also make a black bean and corn salsa to top it.

bowener
02-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Just season it a little and stick it in? What temp and how long? Not a big piece.

Im sorry, but this just sounds dirty...

luv
02-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Damn, can I cook, or what? This is wonderful!

KcMizzou
02-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Yep - fish rocks. Whether it be salmon, trout, tilapia, or many of the other choices..Love trout...

Isn't tilapia similar to mahi mahi? (or maybe the same thing?) I cooked some of that on the grill once (wrapped in foil, with butter and lemon-pepper)... loved it.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Gimme a good swordfish steak.

DaKCMan AP
02-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Ohhhh. I have a box of tilapia in the freezer, too. Low in calories. Great with, you guessed it, rice. I also make a black bean and corn salsa to top it.

Tilapia is a great mild fish in the sense that it really takes on the flavor of whatever you season or cook it with.

DaKCMan AP
02-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Love trout...

Isn't tilapia similar to mahi mahi? (or maybe the same thing?) I cooked some of that on the grill once (wrapped in foil, with butter and lemon-pepper)... loved it.

They're both mild flavored fish. Mahi is excellent, tons of fresh around mahi here. :)

sportsman1
02-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Yep.. Taneycomo was good last weekend. I love trout. Easy to cook when camping.. but some Salmon would really be awesome!

Fire Me Boy!
02-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Luv, the best way I've done salmon is a little olive oil in a pan and sauteed. Seasoned only with kosher salt and black pepper. Until that, I had tried salmon a million different ways, and never liked it much.

Tasty at its simplest.

Toadkiller
02-12-2009, 08:10 PM
This is a good place to post a pic from our favorite festival, the Salmon Festival here in Portland, OR.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3284/2964062761_84868e6efe.jpg

Or be like the natives and cook them on an alder stake:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3188/2964876622_de0f13326f.jpg

KcMizzou
02-12-2009, 08:11 PM
I was already hungry, now I'm jonesing for fish I don't have. Bastards.

I'll make it a point to pick some up.

Frosty
02-12-2009, 08:11 PM
One of my favorite ways to eat rice, health be damned (watch the video):

http://videos.importfood.com/thai_food_video_khaopad.html

Bearcat
02-12-2009, 08:12 PM

I take it that you're not able to join us tomorrow night at the P&L? I still owe you that beer for scraping me off the parking lot that one time in that one place with that group of people...

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 08:13 PM

I'll make it a point to pick some up.I've made the cardinal mistake of not eating for 12 hours, so watch out. It's about to get ugly.

RedandGold
02-12-2009, 08:13 PM
This is a recipe from Bobby Flay that I've used several times, and I would recommend it to anyone:

Ingredients

<!--concordance-begin-->

1 cedar plank (6 by 14 inches)
2 salmon fillets (1 1/2 pounds total)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
6 tablespoons brown sugar

<!--concordance-end--> Directions

Soak cedar plank in salted water for 2 hours, then drain. Remove skin from salmon fillet. Remove any remaining bones. Rinse the salmon under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Generously season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides. Lay the salmon (on what was skin-side down) on the cedar plank and carefully spread the mustard over the top and sides. Place the brown sugar in a bowl and crumble between your fingers, then sprinkle over the mustard.

Set grill for indirect grilling and heat to medium-high. Place the cedar plank in the center of the hot grate, away from the heat. Cover the grill and cook until cooked through, around 20 to 30 minutes. The internal temperature should read 135 degrees F. Transfer the salmon and plank to a platter and serve right off the plank.

Cook's Note: A direct method to grill the salmon may be used. Soak the cedar plank well. Spread the mustard and brown sugar on the salmon, but do not place the fish on the plank. Set up the grill for direct grilling on medium-high. When ready to cook, place the plank on the hot grate and leave it until there is a smell of smoke, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the plank over and place the fish on top. Cover the grill and cook until the fish is cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 135 degrees F. Check the plank occasionally. If the edges start to catch fire, mist with water, or move the plank to a cooler part of the grill.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bbq-with-bobby-flay/cedar-plank-salmon-recipe/index.html
(hthttp://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bbq-with-bobby-flay/cedar-plank-salmon-recipe/index.htmltp://)

luv
02-12-2009, 08:15 PM
One of my favorite ways to eat rice, health be damned (watch the video):

http://videos.importfood.com/thai_food_video_khaopad.html

I find that, when I cook mine in low sodium chicken broth, I don't need the butter to give it flavor.

luv
02-12-2009, 08:16 PM

I have a box of salmon, and a box of tilapia. Come out tomorrow night, and I'll bring you some of each.

KcMizzou
02-12-2009, 08:18 PM
I take it that you're not able to join us tomorrow night at the P&L? I still owe you that beer for scraping me off the parking lot that one time in that one place with that group of people...LMAO Yeah, I've got my boys this weekend. The I owed the ex-wife a trade from one of the Mizzou games I went to. I'm all about the anti-Valentines's get together though... Hope you guys have a blast, wish I could meet up with ya. :(

luv
02-12-2009, 08:20 PM
LMAO Yeah, I've got my boys this weekend. The I owed the ex-wife a trade from one of the Mizzou games I went to. I'm all about the anti-Valentines's get together though... Hope you guys have a blast, wish I could meet up with ya. :(

Oh, c'mon. I'm bringing you fish! You can use the money you saved from not buying fish to pay a sitter. :D

Frosty
02-12-2009, 08:20 PM
I find that, when I cook mine in low sodium chicken broth, I don't need the butter to give it flavor.

I do a lot of Thai and Vietnamese cooking, so my rice is pretty much always in something. I never just eat a pile of it.

NewChief
02-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Best way, imo:

Cedar plank.

Buy cedar planks.
Soak in water 3-4 hours.
Cover salmon generously in brown sugar and rub it into the flesh.
Create medium fire on grill.
Put salmon on cedar planks and put into the grill and close the lid.
Don't open up for 10 minutes. At 10 minutes check. Salmon should have some fat oozing out of it. When it flakes, it's done. Delicious.

Bearcat
02-12-2009, 08:23 PM
LMAO Yeah, I've got my boys this weekend. The I owed the ex-wife a trade from one of the Mizzou games I went to. I'm all about the anti-Valentines's get together though... Hope you guys have a blast, wish I could meet up with ya. :(

Drop them off at Chipotle, it's right across the street. :p

Oh well... it won't be able to match a night at NZoner's, but it should at least be an interesting evening.

luv
02-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Drop them off at Chipotle, it's right across the street. :p

Oh well... it won't be able to match a night at NZoner's, but it should at least be an interesting evening.

I was going to just suggest sticking Rock Band 2 in and telling them they could stay up as late as they wanted. They'd probably never miss him.

KcMizzou
02-12-2009, 08:26 PM
My little brother's gonna be down there at the P&L district this weekend too. He's been giving me crap all week about finding a sitter and coming along. (We work together.) Some piano bar place...

So, Bearcat... if you see a guy who's slightly thinner, a bit shorter... but who otherwise looks exactly like me... that's Kyle. Warn Luv... he's on the prowl lately... LMAO

Last time I went out with him, we went to Side Pockets. He spent all night telling me about how I was gonna be his wing man now. I told him he can be the drunken fool who starts the conversation, and I'll be the laid back guy who apologizes for his actions. :D

NewChief
02-12-2009, 08:26 PM
This is a recipe from Bobby Flay that I've used several times, and I would recommend it to anyone:

Ingredients

<!--concordance-begin-->

1 cedar plank (6 by 14 inches)
2 salmon fillets (1 1/2 pounds total)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
6 tablespoons brown sugar

<!--concordance-end--> Directions

Soak cedar plank in salted water for 2 hours, then drain. Remove skin from salmon fillet. Remove any remaining bones. Rinse the salmon under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Generously season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides. Lay the salmon (on what was skin-side down) on the cedar plank and carefully spread the mustard over the top and sides. Place the brown sugar in a bowl and crumble between your fingers, then sprinkle over the mustard.

Set grill for indirect grilling and heat to medium-high. Place the cedar plank in the center of the hot grate, away from the heat. Cover the grill and cook until cooked through, around 20 to 30 minutes. The internal temperature should read 135 degrees F. Transfer the salmon and plank to a platter and serve right off the plank.

Cook's Note: A direct method to grill the salmon may be used. Soak the cedar plank well. Spread the mustard and brown sugar on the salmon, but do not place the fish on the plank. Set up the grill for direct grilling on medium-high. When ready to cook, place the plank on the hot grate and leave it until there is a smell of smoke, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the plank over and place the fish on top. Cover the grill and cook until the fish is cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 135 degrees F. Check the plank occasionally. If the edges start to catch fire, mist with water, or move the plank to a cooler part of the grill.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bbq-with-bobby-flay/cedar-plank-salmon-recipe/index.html
(hthttp://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bbq-with-bobby-flay/cedar-plank-salmon-recipe/index.htmltp://)

Yeah, this is pretty much it. I've used the mustard and such before, but I didn't find that it added that much. I'm not sure about the 20-30 minutes. That overcooks it, imo. Regardless, there's really no better way to eat salmon than cedar planked. It's amazing.

KcMizzou
02-12-2009, 08:27 PM
I was going to just suggest sticking Rock Band 2 in and telling them they could stay up as late as they wanted. They'd probably never miss him.LMAO True that.

I can hear the drumming upstairs right now. Seriously. The oldest boy's like Animal from the Muppets.

luv
02-12-2009, 08:27 PM
My little brother's gonna be down there at the P&L district this weekend too. He's been giving me crap all week about finding a sitter and coming along. (We work together.) Some piano bar place...

So, Bearcat... if you see a guy who's slightly thinner, a bit shorter... but who otherwise looks exactly like me... that's Kyle. Warn Luv... he's on the prowl lately... LMAO

Last time I went out with him, we went to Side Pockets. He spent all night telling me about how I was gonna be his wing man now. I told him he can be the drunken fool who starts the conversation, and I'll be the laid back guy who apologizes for his actions. :D

Is he cute?

KcMizzou
02-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Is he cute?He's my brother. :spock:

He seems to do alright for himself, though. :D

Bearcat

Howl at the Moon has an Anti-Valentine party Saturday... probably what he's talking about. I'll keep an eye out. luv talked about working on her game, so who knows what could happen.....

keg in kc
Is he cute?With a name like kyle?

Is that a rhetorical question?

Bearcat
02-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Is he cute?

LMAO

Yeah, KcMizzou, on the hotness scale, where does your brother rank, exactly?

luv
02-12-2009, 08:31 PM
With a name like kyle?

Is that a rhetorical question?

Well, damn.

:p

KcMizzou
02-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Howl at the Moon has an Anti-Valentine party Saturday... probably what he's talking about. I'll keep an eye out. luv talked about working on her game, so who knows what could happen.....He's recently single...

Just past the crushing depression, and on to the poon hound phase.

luv
02-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Howl at the Moon has an Anti-Valentine party Saturday... probably what he's talking about. I'll keep an eye out. luv talked about working on her game, so who knows what could happen.....

Luv has no game. Luv is the one who sits back and watches her friends work their game. Luv has no desire to pick up anyone at a bar.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 08:33 PM
He's recently single...

Just past the crushing depression, and on to the poon hound phase.I've never been in the poon hound phase. I think they left that out of my programming. I went from depression straight to apathy.

Bearcat
02-12-2009, 08:34 PM
He's recently single...

I wish I had a poon hound phase. Girls hate it when I sniff around down there.

luv
02-12-2009, 08:35 PM
He's recently single...

He's family. Of course you can say no to him. I, however, am offering fish. How many people have you had offer you fish to go out with them? Gotta give me points for originality. Or buy me a beer.

KcMizzou
02-12-2009, 08:36 PM
I've never been in the poon hound phase. I think they left that out of my programming. I went from depression straight to apathy.I went through it... with kids...

That's a bad idea. Now, I don't know that I'd call it apathy... just more about making sure to limit the drama until the kids are older...

But hey, they're getting older really fast.

Bearcat
02-12-2009, 08:37 PM
He's family. Of course you can say no to him. I, however, am offering fish. How many people have you had offer you fish to go out with them? Gotta give me points for originality. Or buy me a beer.

Sounds like something Jesus would do.

I'd find a sitter if I was you...

KcMizzou
02-12-2009, 08:38 PM
I wish I had a poon hound phase. Girls hate it when I sniff around down there.LMAO

This guy can help...

luv
02-12-2009, 08:38 PM
I've never been in the poon hound phase. I think they left that out of my programming. I went from depression straight to apathy.

Ya know, YOU are perfectly welcome to join us to. I know you're anti-valentines.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Ya know, YOU are perfectly welcome to join us to. I know you're anti-valentines.I think we all know what the odds of that happening are.

luv
02-12-2009, 08:45 PM
I think we all know what the odds of that happening are.

Damn you people. You and KcMizzou are two people that I've wanted to meet and hang out with for like two years. I've been up there I don't know how many times, and neither of you will budge! :harumph:

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 08:46 PM
I'm actually going to try to make it up to joe's for the weekend this year. If there is a weekend this year.

luv
02-12-2009, 08:47 PM
I'm actually going to try to make it up to joe's for the weekend this year. If there is a weekend this year.

Uh-huh, surrrrrre.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Fuck, I didn't make it to backyard burgers. What the fuck am I going to do now.

luv
02-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Fuck, I didn't make it to backyard burgers. What the fuck am I going to do now.

They must close earlier up there than they do down here.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 08:49 PM
They must close earlier up there than they do down here.I think they close at 9. Which is 10 minutes from now.

Wow, 9 at night and I haven't eaten today at all. That's stupid.

KcMizzou
02-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Damn you people. You and KcMizzou are two people that I've wanted to meet and hang out with for like two years. I've been up there I don't know how many times, and neither of you will budge! :harumph:Well, it's not like I'm against it. Honestly.

The kids thing is legit. The ex kept them on my weekend so I could go to a Mizzou game. Now it's Valentine's... I'm single she's not... time to repay the favor.

That aside... I don't have a ton of confidence in my ability to attend such a function in a place I'm unfamiliar with... and stay sober enough to get home safely. :D I really, really can't afford to get into any kinda trouble.

(Drink where ya sleep)

If Joe has another get together, I'll find a way to make it... long as he has a spot for me to crash. You've got my word on it.

banyon
02-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Baked w/ Lemon and this type of sauce:

Cucumber-Dill Sauce:
1/3 cup peeled, seeded, and finely chopped cucumber
1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
2 teaspoons chopped fresh dillweed
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Fresh dillweed sprigs (optional)

luv
02-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Well, it's not like I'm against it. Honestly.

The kids thing is legit. The ex kept them on my weekend so I could go to a Mizzou game. Now it's Valentine's... I'm single she's not... time to repay the favor.

That aside... I don't have a ton of confidence in my ability to attend such a function in a place I'm unfamiliar with... and stay sober enough to get home safely. :D I really, really can't afford to get into any kinda trouble.

(Drink where ya sleep)

Oh, I understand. I'm just giving you shit. You've got your priorities right. That last point is why I got a room with two beds. In case someone needs to stay the night.

KcMizzou
02-12-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm actually going to try to make it up to joe's for the weekend this year. If there is a weekend this year.Sweet!

Let's hope there is one.

KcMizzou
02-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Oh, I understand. I'm just giving you shit. You've got your priorities right. That last point is why I got a room with two beds. In case someone needs to stay the night.I edited this in...

If Joe has another get together, I'll find a way to make it... long as he has a spot for me to crash. You've got my word on it.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Sweet!

Let's hope there is one.It's a bitch to plan my work around, since that's busy season. With the way the economy is, though, there may not be a busy season.

Bugeater
02-12-2009, 08:54 PM
LMAO True that.

I can hear the drumming upstairs right now. Seriously. The oldest boy's like Animal from the Muppets.

TAP TAP TAPPA TAP TAP TAPPA TAP TAP TAPPA ARRGHHH SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP

Bearcat
02-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Well, it's not like I'm against it. Honestly.

(Drink where ya sleep)

Not to keep prodding :Poke: , but you can't live more than 10 minutes from me, so I could give you a ride, and if nothing else, a few bucks to get home... just sayin'. ;)

Have fun hanging out with your kids, that drumming is only cute for so long so you might as well enjoy it now :p ... tell your brother I'll buy him your beer if I see him. :p

KcMizzou
02-12-2009, 08:56 PM
TAP TAP TAPPA TAP TAP TAPPA TAP TAP TAPPA ARRGHHH SOMEONE MAKE IT STOPI always tell myself it beats the hell out of buying him a real drum set.

KcMizzou
02-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Not to keep prodding :Poke: , but you can't live more than 10 minutes from me, so I could give you a ride, and if nothing else, a few bucks to get home... just sayin'. ;)

Have fun hanging out with your kids, that drumming is only cute for so long :p ... tell your brother I'll buy him your beer if I see him. :p

F*ckin' Beakers. LMAO

Frosty
02-12-2009, 08:58 PM
I think they close at 9. Which is 10 minutes from now.

Wow, 9 at night and I haven't eaten today at all. That's stupid.

Maybe.

http://lifespotlight.com/health/2008/2/27/intermittent-fasting-101-how-to-start-part-i/

luv
02-12-2009, 08:58 PM
TAP TAP TAPPA TAP TAP TAPPA TAP TAP TAPPA ARRGHHH SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP

Hey! What are you doing tomorrow night?

Bearcat
02-12-2009, 08:59 PM

LMAO LMAO LMAO

KcMizzou
Careful, Bug... it's the full-court press.

luv

Have fun hanging out with your kids, that drumming is only cute for so long so you might as well enjoy it now :p ... tell your brother I'll buy him your beer if I see him. :p

I'll buy him one, too. Just think. THose could be YOUR beers. :p

KcMizzou
02-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Don't get trapped by the double team.

luv

This is like a cockblock, only slightly different. Get outta my way!

Bearcat

I'll start passing out flyers first thing in the morning....

Bugeater

Probably working late, and working Saturday too. I'm grinding right now because I want to buy a truck.

Bugeater
02-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Although if you want to drive up here I'd be willing to have a few beers with you. You can even crash in the basement.

luv
02-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Probably working late, and working Saturday too. I'm grinding right now because I want to buy a truck.

This would be taken so wrong if you were me saying that. You know that, right?

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Don't get trapped by the double team.I don't know, I think that's what luv's shooting for.

Try not to cross swords.

KcMizzou
02-12-2009, 09:03 PM
I don't know, I think that's what luv's shooting for.

Try not to cross swords.LMAO

luv
02-12-2009, 09:04 PM

Try not to cross swords.

Ewwww. Actually, the thought of two guys kinda grosses me out.

Bearcat
02-12-2009, 09:05 PM

Try not to cross swords.

I'd reference Jilly showing up here, but Sully might kick my ass.... STFU

Bearcat

Ewwww. Actually, the thought of two guys kinda grosses me out.

....or maybe not :hmmm:

Bugeater
This would be taken so wrong if you were me saying that. You know that, right?

I thought when women did that it's because they're working their way through college.

luv
02-12-2009, 09:06 PM

Ah, yes! See? I won't be the only female. You guys won't have to say you went out with me. You can say you went out with Jilly. If that helps at all.

luv
02-12-2009, 09:08 PM
I thought when women did that it's because they're working their way through college.

No, they've gotten to where the auction off their virginity to get through college. Why give it away several times and barely survive when you can do it once and become a millionaire?

luv
02-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Okay, before I get a neg rep from redrum telling me what an attention whore I am and how i don't have enough holes to supply every guy one, I'm going to stop sounding desparate and go pack.

Skip Towne
02-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Sweet!

Let's hope there is one.

There will be no more weekends until further notice.

KcMizzou
02-12-2009, 09:13 PM
There will be no more weekends until further notice.WTF?

So I go to work tomorrow, and go right back to Monday?

KcMizzou
02-12-2009, 09:16 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LtcYUfgz8j8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LtcYUfgz8j8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bugeater
02-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Okay, before I get a neg rep from redrum telling me what an attention whore I am and how i don't have enough holes to supply every guy one, I'm going to stop sounding desparate and go pack.
Just put the dumbass on ignore, then you won't see his rep comments.

luv
02-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Just put the dumbass on ignore, then you won't see his rep comments.

I had him there, but I took him off when he was talking about losing his job. I felt bad for him, so I wanted to try to give him some encouragement. Now, he's just the asshole that I hate again. Guys do funny things when they get rejected.

KcMizzou
02-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Just put the dumbass on ignore, then you won't see his rep comments.Seriously.

He's just a troll. Just so happens he's decided to be Luv's personal troll.