PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Potential FA Pickups

FRCDFED
02-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Seeing how this whole "build the team through the draft" isn't translating to wins so well I suspect that Haley and Pioli are going to continue this route only transplant a few veterans into the roster for leadership role model purposes and attempt to give the defense instant credibility.

Any ideas on who's available that we would "realistically" target. Please leave out shitbags like Ray Lewis. Thank you.

Personally, it would be nice to see the Chiefs take DE, LB, or CB with the 3rd overall pick and bring in another veteran for the DL.

OL in round 2 to continue rebuilding the line and sign a FA OL to supplement.

I know we all like playmakers but we need some blue collar workers on this team. I would love to see Crabtree or Macklin in red but the DL is horrible.

Also keep in mind, if Pioli finds a way to move LJ out of KC then RB becomes a position of need. I don't know if Jamaal can be an every down back but based on his late season performance I'm willing to give him a chance.

Comments?

SAUTO
02-12-2009, 08:32 PM
watch out you have to want a qb at 3

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Not much in the way of DE in this draft, and the only LB at the top of the draft is a coverage backer, which doesn't warrant a top-5 position based on history. So, if not a QB, you're probably looking at a CB, with an outside shot at a pass rusher, but in either case we're probably talking a reach on a pick that should be going anywhere from 5 to 20. OT would be the only other real possibility, but I don't know if that would be the right direction to go a year after spending 15 on our future LT.

As for free agency, this is just my own view on it, but the market has really deteriorated from what it was in the mid- to late-90s. You're not going to be able to build a team using it. My guess is they're going to continue to build through the draft and use free agency to supplement and fill holes wherever they can. But I don't think we're going to see a whole lot fixed in one offseason (although I think the Chiefs are more talented than 2-14 indicated).

KCChiefsFan88
02-12-2009, 08:41 PM
The Patriots were big on signing/trading for veteran WRs in free agency under Pioli (David Patten, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Jabar Gaffney, Kelly Washington) so the Chiefs might go that route... maybe go after a guy like Antonio Bryant.

ChiefsCountry
02-12-2009, 08:42 PM
When the NFL releases its list for free agents you will have a better idea what the Chiefs will go after.

CoMoChief
02-12-2009, 08:46 PM
You fucksln donet even knotw what the plyaers are going t o drfat this APRil

AND IKM DRUNKD!!!!!!#

CoMoChief
02-12-2009, 08:50 PM
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YPZn7WxuATI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YPZn7WxuATI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>

Mecca
02-12-2009, 08:50 PM
You fucksln donet even knotw what the plyaers are going t o drfat this APRil

AND IKM DRUNKD!!!!!!#

I see CoMo is right on cue.

FRCDFED
02-12-2009, 08:52 PM
The Patriots were big on signing/trading for veteran WRs in free agency under Pioli (David Patten, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Jabar Gaffney, Kelly Washington) so the Chiefs might go that route... maybe go after a guy like Antonio Bryant.The Patriots were pretty aggressive in going after WR's and I like Bryant but hopefully Gailey stays on as OC. He made quite a bit of progress with the offense last season considering what he had to work with. We really need to purge any malcontents in the locker room though.

ChiefsCountry
02-12-2009, 08:54 PM
We really need to purge any malcontents in the locker room though.

Then Antonio Bryant isnt somebody you want.

beach tribe
02-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Not much in the way of DE in this draft, and the only LB at the top of the draft is a coverage backer, which doesn't warrant a top-5 position based on history. So, if not a QB, you're probably looking at a CB, with an outside shot at a pass rusher, but in either case we're probably talking a reach on a pick that should be going anywhere from 5 to 20. OT would be the only other real possibility, but I don't know if that would be the right direction to go a year after spending 15 on our future LT.

As for free agency, this is just my own view on it, but the market has really deteriorated from what it was in the mid- to late-90s. You're not going to be able to build a team using it. My guess is they're going to continue to build through the draft and use free agency to supplement and fill holes wherever they can. But I don't think we're going to see a whole lot fixed in one offseason (although I think the Chiefs are more talented than 2-14 indicated).
I'm not advocating picking Curry with the 3rd pick, but just because he can cover, doesn't mean that's all he can do. He wouldn't be rated so high if that was the case. I've never seen him play in a game, but I've seen his highlights, and it looks like he can do it all. Even rush the passer when asked to. I think he's going to be a great player. If we can't land the QB, and somehow find a way to trade back a little, he's the guy I would want.

beach tribe
02-12-2009, 08:59 PM
The Patriots were pretty aggressive in going after WR's and I like Bryant but hopefully Gailey stays on as OC. He made quite a bit of progress with the offense last season considering what he had to work with. We really need to purge any malcontents in the locker room though.

It would be great if Bradley could shake the injury bug. He could be a big time Bolden type of WR if he could I think.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 09:00 PM
I don't hate Aaron Curry but I don't see him ever being a big time pass rusher, he's a SLB that is pretty good in coverage and he plays the run pretty well but I don't see the pass rush and I've seen him a ton of times.

EyePod
02-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Seeing how this whole "build the team through the draft" isn't translating to wins so well

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on here ever, and I read what CoMo said. We built through the draft once. One single time. It's like someone complaining that their house is drafty when they've only laid the foundation. It's building from scratch. Not just magically fixing with young people.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 09:05 PM
I'm not advocating picking Curry with the 3rd pick, but just because he can cover, doesn't mean that's all he can do. He wouldn't be rated so high if that was the case. I've never seen him play in a game, but I've seen his highlights, and it looks like he can do it all. Even rush the passer when asked to. I think he's going to be a great player. If we can't land the QB, and somehow find a way to trade back a little, he's the guy I would want.I've seen him play a few times, I don't think he's a burgeoning pass rusher who's been held back. He strikes me as the kind of player who should be going in the 10-15 range, but he's going to go higher because it's a light draft at the top this year.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Jason Brown, Center, Baltimore

Michael Boley, SAM LB, Atlanta

Igor Olshansky, DE, San Diego (if we go to a 34)

Just a few Tier 2 guys that they might look at.

grandllamajr
02-12-2009, 09:14 PM
I think we could go without a QB, let thiggy show what he has got, give him one more year.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 09:15 PM
I think we could go without a QB, let thiggy show what he has got, give him one more year.

:rolleyes:

So then we'll have to wait a couple of years to get a QB.

grandllamajr
02-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Grandllama and I both think thiggy could run the show in the spread Haley will probably run.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Grandllama and I both think thiggy could run the show in the spread Haley will probably run.

Um Haley doesn't run the spread...

Fritz88
02-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Personally, it would be nice to see the Chiefs take DE, LB, or CB with the 3rd overall pick and bring in another veteran for the DL.

OL in round 2 to continue rebuilding the line and sign a FA OL to supplement.

Comments?

Lube your a**hole because there are people here who will butt phuck you for not wanting a QB in the first round.

Fritz88
02-12-2009, 09:21 PM

Why? If he's that bad as many of people here, including you, think he is. Then we will get a top 5 pick next year.

I am not against drafting a QB but I think Thigpen can manage to win games if the D gives him some help. Last year he led in many games and it was the D that blew it. This off season he has the time to work on his 2ed half pitfalls.

OnTheWarpath15
Lube your a**hole because there are people here who will butt phuck you for not wanting a QB in the first round.

That's funny, since you're the 2nd person in 21 posts to make that comment, yet there hasn't been one similar comment directed at the thread starter.

Don't turn into the first guy to make that comment.

chiefs1111

Nah, we are just waiting till next years draft when McCoy will be available ROFL

Mecca
02-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Why? If he's that bad as many of people here, including you, think he is. Then we will get a top 5 pick next year.

I am not against drafting a QB but I think Thigpen can manage to win games if the D gives him some help. Last year he led in many games and it was the D that blew it. This off season he has the time to work on his 2ed half pitfalls.

Who you gonna pick next year? Even if you love Bradford he's probably going first...the Chiefs likely won't be THAT bad, so then what's your option?

There's nothing there, plus there are elite defensive players at the top of next years draft.

OnTheWarpath15

It doesn't matter if you think he can "win games."

Do you personally think that Tyler Thigpen is capable of leading a team to a championship?

Mecca
Nah, we are just waiting till next years draft when McCoy will be available ROFL

Oh god.....if we end up with some big 12 spread QB, I'm going to be so pissed off.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 09:23 PM

Do you personally think that Tyler Thigpen is capable of leading a team to a championship?

I don't even think he can play in an NFL offense.

chiefs1111
02-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Oh god.....if we end up with some big 12 spread QB, I'm going to be so pissed off.

People think this years draft is bad for QB's next years is a lot worse.....

Mecca
02-12-2009, 09:25 PM
People think this years draft is bad for QB's next years is a lot worse.....

Unless you have a spread monkey fixation, I dare anyone to pull up next years listing of all available QB's and tell me how any of them are top prospects.

The stupid spread is fucking everything up, especially now when we have entire conferences doing it.

ChiefsCountry
02-12-2009, 09:26 PM

I dont get it. It seems people just want to get to average. Screw that. I want us to have the franchise this upcoming decade. I want the Chiefs to be talked about in the same breath as the Steelers, Cowboys and 49ers. Hell I think the goal for the next decade should be to at least tie the Cowboys and 49ers when it comes to Super Bowl wins. Thigpen isnt going to lead us to that.

Fritz88
02-12-2009, 09:27 PM

He gives us a chance to win games. That's what you need with any QB. There are other important elements to winning a championship. If the Cardinals had a good defense this SB they would have won it.

Fritz88
02-12-2009, 09:28 PM
I dont get it. It seems people just want to get to average. Screw that. I want us to have the franchise this upcoming decade. I want the Chiefs to be talked about in the same breath as the Steelers, Cowboys and 49ers. Hell I think the goal for the next decade should be to at least tie the Cowboys and 49ers when it comes to Super Bowl wins. Thigpen isnt going to lead us to that.

I wholeheartedly agree with that. But I don't see that in either Stafford or Sanchez. Sorry.

Mecca
He gives us a chance to win games. That's what you need with any QB. There are other important elements to winning a championship. If the Cardinals had a good defense this SB they would have won it.

This sounds like an 8-8 cry, I want a QB who gives us a chance to win a championship, not a mediocre record.

Mecca
I wholeheartedly agree with that. But I don't see that in either Stafford or Sanchez. Sorry.

Well you REALLY aren't gonna see it next year then.

PHOG
02-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Unless you have a spread monkey fixation, I dare anyone to pull up next years listing of all available QB's and tell me how any of them are top prospects.

The stupid spread is ****ing everything up, especially now when we have entire conferences doing it.

Honest question: With alot of conferences going to the spread, do you think it might migrate to th NFL? It would seem like a natural progression, if indeed it does stick in college ball..

ChiefsCountry
02-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Honest question: With alot of conferences going to the spread, do you think it might migrate to th NFL? It would seem like a natural progression, if indeed it does stick in college ball..

Did the wishbone and triple option go to the NFL?

Fritz88
02-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Well you REALLY aren't gonna see it next year then.

You know what Mecca, I don't see in this year and in the next year. Yet, more than half of NFL teams need qbs. That is one reason I am not against drafting a first round qb. But it's really going to be a gamble if Stafford is taken.

chiefs1111
02-12-2009, 09:32 PM

The thing that bothers me with Thigpen is he couldn't put together a complete game. He would come out in the 1st half and look good and then in the second half he was bad,especially in the 4th qt.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 09:32 PM

No I don't, I see college teams that run pro style offenses getting better recruits after awhile because kids will start to see NFL teams shying away.

Fritz88
02-12-2009, 09:33 PM

The only reason we see spread used a lot in college because high school coaches are using it. They are the ones that actually dictate kind of offense is played at the college level. But NFL is a whole different story, that's why people like Tebow are out of the question when it comes to NFL. and that's why people like Flacco get picked up because they know hey can manage with NFL offense.

PHOG
02-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Did the wishbone and triple option go to the NFL?

Was what NE ran last year a form of the spread? '07

Mecca
02-12-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm going to post a big list of QB's for next year, if someone sees anyone they like by all means point it out...

# Sam Bradford*, Oklahoma
Height: 6-4. Weight: 214.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
Projected Round (2010): Top 3 Pick.
1/13/09: I felt as though Sam Bradford needed a great game against Florida in the UPS-sponsored final winter practice game to surpass Matt Stafford in these rankings. Bradford went 26-of-41 for 257 yards and two touchdowns, but also tossed two picks. Because Stafford has a more powerful arm (and thus higher upside) he remains No. 1 on this list.

12/20/08: Of all the quarterbacks eligible for the 2009 NFL Draft, Sam Bradford is the guy who seems to have that special "it." The 2008 Heisman winner, Bradford commanded the best offense the nation has ever seen, throwing for 4,464 yards, 48 touchdowns and just six picks. He completed 68.3 percent of his passes with an amazing 10.1 YPA.

10/12/08: Oklahoma has a lot of work to do to get back into the national title picture, but that doesn't mean that Sam Bradford's draft stock is hurt in any way; through six games, Bradford has 2,052 yards, 23 touchdowns and only five interceptions.

3/26/08: Sam Bradford is going into his redshirt sophomore year, so he'll be eligible for the 2009 Draft. If he matches his 2007 numbers this upcoming year, I see no reason why he woudn't come out early. Bradford threw for 3,121 yards, 36 touchdowns and only eight picks - as a freshman. Unbelievable. Can we get a birth certificate?

# Jevan Snead*, Ole Miss
Height: 6-3. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.66.
Projected Round (2010): Top 25 Pick.
2/4/09: Along with Michael Oher, Greg Hardy and Peria Jerry, Jevan Sneed was a major reason for Ole Miss' recent success. Sneed threw for 2,762 yards, 26 touchdowns and 13 picks as a sophomore. He also had an 8.4 YPA. His completion percentage of 56.3 is his only blemish.

# Tim Tebow, Florida
Height: 6-3. Weight: 235.
Projected 40 Time: 4.52.
Projected Round (2010): 1-2.
12/20/08: Everyone knows what sort of an athlete Tim Tebow is. Even if he fails at quarterback, he still has a spot in the league. His greatest challenge will be adjusting from the spread offense to a pro-style attack. But many spread quarterbacks have been taken in the first round, including another Urban Meyer product (Alex Smith). Tebow has a much higher ceiling than the small-handed Smith, who was a fumbling machine waiting to happen.

10/12/08: While some may argue that Tim Tebow won't succeed in the NFL because he plays in Urban Meyer's spread offense, there's no doubt that many NFL GMs and coaches will fall in love with his physical attributes and his extremely high ceiling. He's still going in the first round if he declares early.

2007: ESPN's Jesse Palmer said that Tim Tebow moved himself into Heisman consideration in the wake of his performance at Ole Miss. I have to agree. Tebow's passing numbers were great - 20-of-34, 262 yards, two touchdowns - but his rushing numbers were downright spectacular (26 carries, 164 yards, two more scores).

Tebow passed his first true test with flying colors. The sophomore was 14-of-19 for 299 yards, two touchdowns and one interception against Tennessee. He also rushed for 61 yards and two more scores on the ground.

Where will Tim Tebow be drafted? Check out the Great Tim Tebow Debate and vote!

# Colt McCoy, Texas
Height: 6-3. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.69.
Projected Round (2010): 1-2.
1/13/09: Colt McCoy lit up Ohio State's slow defense in the Cool Ranch Doritos Fiesta Bowl, going 41-of-59 for 414 yards, two touchdowns and a pick.

12/20/08: With a completion percentage of 77.6, a YPA of 9.2, a passing touchdown-to-interception ratio of 32 to 7, 576 rushing yards and 10 rushing scores, many can argue that Colt McCoy should have won the Heisman.

10/12/08: Forget the sophomore slump. Colt McCoy is red-hot this season. His completion percentage is a shade off 80! He has 17 touchdowns and just three picks. His YPA is 9.9. He was brilliant against Oklahoma, going 28-of-35, 277 yards and a score.

3/26/08: Colt McCoy had a disappointing sophomore year, throwing 18 picks after just seven in 2006. His completion percentage dropped three points as well.

2007: McCoy threw interceptions like a madman in a 20-point loss to Kansas State. Through five games, he has way more picks than he had as a freshman.

McCoy's freshman campaign reminds me a bit of Philip Rivers' 2006 season. The Longhorns, much like Marty Schottenheimer, didn't let their young quarterback loose until midway through the season.

When McCoy was allowed to fire at will, he tore it up. He threw for six touchdowns against Baylor. He compiled 346 yards and three scores against Oklahoma State. He accumulated 256 yards and four touchdowns at Texas Tech. He was 26-of-40 for 308 yards and two scores in the Alamo Bowl against Iowa. There's no reason to think McCoy will regress; he has great weapons at his disposal and plays in a weak conference.

# Jimmy Clausen*, Notre Dame
Height: 6-3. Weight: 217.
Projected 40 Time: 4.72.
Projected Round (2010): 2.
2/4/09: Jimmy Clausen was much more successful as a sophomore than in his troubling freshman year. Clausen threw for 3,172 yards and 25 touchdowns, and maintained a solid 7.2 YPA. However, he tossed 17 picks as well. That number must decrease.

7/24/08: In 2007, Jimmy Clausen often looked lost on the football field. This was extremely evident when he went 7-of-20 for 60 yards and two picks against Boston College on Oct. 13. However, Clausen was an 18-year-old true freshman who was coming off elbow surgery. He finished the year extremely well, tossing six touchdowns and a pick in the final three contests, albeit it was against weaker competition. Now healthy and more mature, Clausen should improve tremendously as a sophomore.

# Pat Devlin*, Delaware
Height: 6-4. Weight: 220.
Projected 40 Time: 4.74.
Projected Round (2010): 2.
2/4/09: Pat Devlin doesn't have much playing experience, thanks to Darryl Clark, but he possesses a rocket arm. He transferred over to Delaware in hopes of becoming the next Joe Flacco.

# Tim Hiller, Western Michigan
Height: 6-5. Weight: 228.
Projected 40 Time: 4.94.
Projected Round (2010): 2-3.
2/4/09: While Tim Hiller started and played OK as a sophomore, he really stepped it up in 2008, throwing for 3,725 yards, 36 touchdowns and just 10 picks. Hiller also maintained a 64.9 completion percentage and a 7.1 YPA.

# Zac Robinson, Oklahoma State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.62.
Projected Round (2010): 3.
2/4/09: Zac Robinson registered 3,064 yards, 25 touchdowns and just 10 picks in a prolific season for Oklahoma State. Robinson also completed 65 percent of his passes and maintained an amazing 9.8 YPA.

7/24/08: Don't worry - this Oklahoma State quarterback doesn't break down and cry if he's called a "momma's boy." Zac Robinson put up impressive seasonal numbers (2,824 yards, 23 TDs, 9 INTs), but was a bit inconsistent at times, failing to complete more than 50 percent of his passes on four occasions. As an added bonus, Robinson can scramble with the best of them; he rushed for 847 yards and nine touchdowns as a sophomore.

# Dan LeFevour*, Central Michigan
Height: 6-3. Weight: 226.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
Projected Round (2010): 4.
2/4/09: Dan LeFevour threw for 2,784 yards, 21 touchdowns and just six picks as a junior. He also rushed for 592yards. His YPA (7.4) and completion percentage (66.8) were both pretty solid.

5/1/08: Looking to be the next talented NFL quarterback from the MAC, Dan LeFevour threw for 3,652 yards, 27 touchdowns and only 13 picks in 2007. He completed 65.4 percent of his passes, and rushed for 1,122 yards and 19 scores.

# Jake Locker*, Washington
Height: 6-3. Weight: 223.
Projected 40 Time: 4.59.
Projected Round (2010): 4-5.
2/4/09: A lost season for Jake Locker, who broke his thumb. In four games, he struggled, throwing for 512 yards and one touchdown, maintaining an awful YPA of 5.5.

7/24/08: Jake Locker's stats make it seem like he's a potential undrafted free agent. After all, he failed to complete 50 percent of his passes, and he threw more picks (15) than touchdowns (14). That said, Locker was a freshman who had no supporting cast on offense. He was named Pac-10 Freshman of the Year and managed to complete 13-of-17 attempts in the spring game. Locker has tons of potential, so it should be interesting to see what he does with it the next two years.

# Juice Williams, Illinois
Height: 6-2. Weight: 233.
Projected 40 Time: 4.67.
2/4/09: I'm still listing Juice Williams here, but he'll most likely play another position in the NFL. Williams heaved 16 interceptions and had just a 57.5 completion percentage. On the bright side, he threw for 3,173 yards and 22 touchdowns, maintained an 8.3 YPA and rushed for 719 more yards.

7/24/08: There's no question Juice Williams will be playing at the next level. It's just a matter of which position he'll play. Williams is a threat at Illinois because of his dynamic rushing ability, but his mediocre completion percentage and touchdown-to-interception ratio say otherwise of his ability to be a quarterback in the NFL. Seriously, you can't go 7-of-15, 145 yards and two picks against Ball State.

# Jarrett Brown, West Virginia
Height: 6-4. Weight: 220.
Projected 40 Time: 4.57.
2/4/09: Will get the full-time job now that Pat White is gone. Jarrett Brown attempted just 30 passes in 2008, maintaining a laughable 3.8 YPA. In 2007, White had 48 attempts (31-of-48, 341 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs). Something Brown definitely has over White is size (White is 6-0, 190).

7/24/08: Jarrett Brown played well in limited action in 2007, but like Juice Williams and Matt Grothe, there's a chance he'll play another position at the next level.

# Daryll Clark, Penn State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 231.
Projected 40 Time: 4.65.
Projected Round (2010): 5.
2/4/09: A strong-armed quarterback who can move the chains with his legs. Daryll Clark threw for 2,597 yards, 19 touchdowns and six picks as a first-year starter. His YPA (8.1) was very impressive.

# Rusty Smith, Florida Atlantic
Height: 6-5. Weight: 230.
Projected 40 Time: 4.83.
Projected Round (2010): 5.
2/4/09: Rusty Smith compiled 3,224 yards, 24 touchdowns and 14 picks as a junior. However, his 53.8 completion percentage isn't going to get it done.

7/24/08: Voted as the Sun Belt Offensive Player of the Year, Rusty Smith compiled 3,688 yards, 32 touchdowns and nine interceptions in 2007. The Sun Belt sucks, so level of competition should be a factor, right? Well, Florida Atlantic did a great job of scheduling BCS competition, as they battled Oklahoma State, Minnesota, Kentucky, South Florida and Florida last year. In those five games, Smith went a combined 97-of-171 (56.7 completion), 1,321 yards, 10 touchdowns and just three picks. All five contests were blowout losses, as Smith just didn't have the horses to compete. Still, he performed admirably in all five games, including Florida (18-of-33, 290 yards, one touchdown).

# Tony Pike, Cincinnati
Height: 6-6. Weight: 225.
Projected 40 Time: 4.81.
Projected Round (2010): 5-6.
2/4/09: Tony Pike missed some action with a broken forearm. Still, he was able to manage 2,407 yards, 19 touchdowns, 11 picks, 61.4 completion percentage and 7.4 YPA.

# Max Hall, BYU
Height: 6-1. Weight: 201.
Projected 40 Time: 4.73.
Projected Round (2010): 6.
2/4/09: Max Hall had a prolific year for BYU, throwing for 3,957 yards and 35 touchdowns. His completion percentage (69.2) and YPA (8.3) were also outstanding. However, Hall looks like another BYU system quarterback who won't pan out in the NFL.

7/24/08: A transfer from Arizona State and a member of the 2007 All-Mountain West team, Max Hall garnered 3,848 yards, 26 touchdowns and 12 picks as a sophomore. In two games against UCLA (one was the Las Vegas Postseason Exhibition Match), Hall went 51-of-85, 622 yards, four scores and one pick.

# Ryan Perrilloux, Jacksonville State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 222.
Projected 40 Time: 4.57.
Projected Round (2010): 6-7.
2/4/09: Ryan Perrilloux predictably played well at Jacksonville State, throwing for 2,318 yards and 19 touchdowns, and also rushing for 368 yards and seven more scores. Surprisingly, he wasn't arrested all year.

7/24/08: Ryan Perrilloux has all the athletic ability in the world. He also has a cannon for an arm. Unfortunately, he has a brick for a brain and a personality that rivals Pacman Jones'. Perrilloux was kicked off LSU for multiple off-the-field incidents. A quarterback simply can't do things like that. They're supposed to be studying game film and preparing for future opponents; not waving guns at people outside of bars.

# Joe Cox, Georgia
Height: 6-1. Weight: 210.
Projected Round (2010): 7.
2/4/09: Joe Cox will take over for Matt Stafford next year. He had just 15 pass attempts in 2008, but completed 11 of them for 151 yards (10.1 YPA) and two touchdowns.

# Matt Nichols, Eastern Washington
Height: 6-2. Weight: 220.
Projected 40 Time: 4.68.
Projected Round (2010): 7-FA.
7/24/08: Matt Nichols put up prolific numbers at Division 1-AA Eastern Washington as a sophomore (3,744 yards, 34 TDs, 9 INTs), but he didn't play any BCS competition, so we don't really know what he's made of just yet.

# Kyle Reed, San Jose State
Height: 6-3. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.64.
Projected Round (2010): FA.
2/4/09: A pretty mediocre junior campaign: Kyle Reed had 1,537 yards, nine touchdowns, six picks and a pedestrian 6.1 YPA.

7/24/08: Recruited by Cal, Kyle Reed had to transfer to San Jose State because he couldn't beat out Nate Longshore's backup for the No. 2 position (ouch). Reed has a strong arm, however, and could put up serious numbers in San Jose State's high-octane offense.

# Riley Skinner, Wake Forest
Height: 6-1. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.78.
2/4/09: Riley Skinner finished with 2,347 yards, 13 touchdowns and seven picks as a junior. His 6.5 YPA leaves much to be desired.

7/24/08: This guy just wins. He's 19-6 as Wake Forest's starting quarterback. Unfortunately, that means little in the NFL. Jason White, Ken Dorsey, Eric Crouch and Chris Leak all won too.

# Todd Reesing, Kansas
Height: 5-11. Weight: 200.
2/4/09: Once again put up outstanding stats - 3,880 yards, 32 touchdowns, 13 picks, 66.5 completion and 7.8 YPA.

7/24/08: Todd Reesing put up great numbers as a sophomore (3,486 yards, 33 TDs, 7 INTs) but his lacking size and questionable arm strength will keep him from being drafted.

# Matt Grothe, South Florida
Height: 6-0. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.68.
2/4/09: Matt Grothe could be successful in the NFL... just like my dog could start speaking German to me right now. Grothe threw for 2,911 yards, 18 touchdowns and 14 picks in a very pedestrian junior campaign.

7/24/08: Though he's inconsistent at times, Matt Grothe was one of the better sophomore quarterbacks in the country in 2007. Unfortunately, he's small and doesn't have the arm strength to thrive at the next level. Think Jason White and Eric Crouch. Grothe, however, is very athletic, and could catch on as a receiver or a special-teams player, which is the only reason I'm listing him as a draftable prospect.

# Jonathan Crompton, Tennessee
Height: 6-4. Weight: 224.
Projected 40 Time: 4.75.
2/4/09: Disregard everything I said below. Jonathan Crompton is one of the worst quarterbacks I've ever seen on any level.

7/24/08: Jonathan Crompton barely has any game experience, but now that Erik Ainge has moved on, it'll be his time to shine at Tennessee. Crompton was a highly recruited quarterback and he'll have solid weapons to work with, so I have no reason to think he'll fail.

Danman
02-12-2009, 09:35 PM
I see Curry as Derick Johnson and. . .and. . . and. . .Curry did not attend Texas University

ChiefsCountry
02-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Clausen - if he has a big big year would be the only one that stands out.

Johnny Vegas
02-12-2009, 09:37 PM
yeah I love triaihges!! cannaoil

Fritz88
02-12-2009, 09:37 PM
The thing that bothers me with Thigpen is he couldn't put together a complete game. He would come out in the 1st half and look good and then in the second half he was bad,especially in the 4th qt.

See, that is a reason why I am okay with him. Because he has skills. He just needs to work on his poise and mental toughness. The way he picked up after the falcons game shows that he can develop and improve.

PHOG
02-12-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm sure if Mr. Pioli doesn't take a QB this year, he has someone in mind for the future.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 09:40 PM

Why dodge the question?

Do you personally think that Tyler Thigpen is capable of winning a team a championship?

Mecca
02-12-2009, 09:41 PM
See, that is a reason why I am okay with him. Because he has skills. He just needs to work on his poise and mental toughness. The way he picked up after the falcons game shows that he can develop and improve.

He picked up after the Falcons game because the offense was changed...

He has skills like not being able to play in a normal offense.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 09:42 PM
I think Tyler Thigpen is perfectly capable of being a 2nd or (preferably) 3rd string QB, and maybe develop into a consistent, dependable starter in 4 or 5 years.

The Franchise
02-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Jason Brown, Center, Baltimore

Michael Boley, SAM LB, Atlanta

Just a few Tier 2 guys that they might look at.

This.

ChiefsCountry
02-12-2009, 09:43 PM
I think Tyler Thigpen is perfectly capable of being a consistent, dependable starter in the CFL.

fyp

DaneMcCloud
02-12-2009, 09:44 PM

ROFL

The Chiefs went from a Pro-Style offense to the spread, just for Thigpen.

He's inaccurate, his game becomes worse with each quarter played and he doesn't have any arm strength to speak of.

Couple that with an inability to read NFL defense.

Is this the guy you want to be the QB of YOUR football team?

Not me.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 09:44 PM
The emphasis was on "maybe", let's not take me completely out of context here.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 09:46 PM
You know what Mecca, I don't see in this year and in the next year. Yet, more than half of NFL teams need qbs. That is one reason I am not against drafting a first round qb. But it's really going to be a gamble if Stafford is taken.

Half the league?

KC
Chicago
Detroit
Minnesota
Jets
Tampa
San Francisco

Everyone else either already has their QBOTF, are financially tied to a QB, or have expressed satisfaction with what they have.

7 out of 32 is nowhere near half.

EyePod
02-12-2009, 09:48 PM

McCoy. I'm saying he will be better than Stafford or Sanchez.

Fritz88
Why dodge the question?

Do you personally think that Tyler Thigpen is capable of winning a team a championship?

Given a good defense (which I think we should do in this draft). Yes.

I think I also answered when I said, he gives us a chance to win games.

Do you think that Pioli will go for a 1st round qb this draft?

Mecca

Are you being serious or pushing my buttons?

keg in kc
Thigpen *could* develop into someone like Rich Gannon, but much like Gannon, it probably ain't happening until he's 30 or older.

I think it would be a travesty if we went into the season with the idea of 'seeing how he does'. I guess he deserves a chance to compete in camp and the preseason (like Todd Collins 'competed' with Trent Green). Thigpen playing for us in live action regular season games at this point isn't something I want to see. He's not NFL ready, in any way, shape or form.

Bring in a free agent *and* draft a quarterback, and let them (and Thigpen) duke it out. That's what I would do.

Reerun_KC
02-12-2009, 09:49 PM

:cuss:

I hate you! Dr Pepper burns through the nose!

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 09:50 PM
I hate you! Dr Pepper burns through the nose!Don't put the straw there, dipshit.

Reerun_KC
02-12-2009, 09:51 PM

If that is the case, just pray to god we never get inside the redzone and have to rely on Thigpen to complete a drive....

We better start learning how to score at will and fast...

Thigpen proved game after game, you get him in Goal to go situations, under center and he was no better than a monkey throwing pooh...

Reerun_KC
02-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Don't put the straw there, dipshit.

:eek:

Okay I will try to resist the urge....

Fritz88
02-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Half the league?

KC
Chicago
Detroit
Minnesota
Jets
Tampa
San Francisco

Everyone else either already has their QBOTF, are financially tied to a QB, or have expressed satisfaction with what they have.

7 out of 32 is nowhere near half.

I'll also add the Bills, Seahawks and Eagles (After next year).

I may have overestimated, but that's enough of a number to scare you into thinking that it's going to be hard to draft qbs in the coming years.

OnTheWarpath15

I know he understands the importance of the QB position, and I have a hard time seeing him thinking that Thigpen is the answer.

But if he doesn't think that Stafford or Sanchez are top prospects, (which again, I doubt) I expect him to pass.

He'll take the player that he thinks is best for the future of the KC Chiefs.

Personally, if Stafford is there, I'd be shocked if he passed on him.

If Stafford was gone and Sanchez was there? 50 - 50.

Fritz88
:cuss:
Dr Pepper burns through the nose!

that's evil.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 09:55 PM
I'll also add the Bills, Seahawks and Eagles (After next year).

I may have overestimated, but that's enough of a number to scare you into thinking that it's going to be hard to draft qbs in the coming years.

The Bills seem to be happy with Trent Edwards and the Eagles just drafted Kevin Kolb.

If they take QB's, it won't be early.

I'll give you Seattle as being a possible team to take a 1st round QB in 2010.

That's 8, or 25% of the league.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 09:55 PM
I'll also add the Bills, Seahawks and Eagles (After next year).Trent Edwards?

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Seahawks take one in this draft.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Trent Edwards?

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Seahawks take one in this draft.

Yeah, but not early.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Yeah, but not early.Obviously. Not at 4.

DaneMcCloud
02-12-2009, 10:05 PM

This draft is not loaded with defensive talent, so it would be a waste to draft defense just to draft defense.

That is NOT how championship teams are built.

chiefsfan4life1978
02-12-2009, 10:08 PM

The stupid spread is ****ing everything up, especially now when we have entire conferences doing it.

I think the reason that all these college teams are running the spread is because it works.

Fritz88
02-12-2009, 10:11 PM
I think the reason that all these college teams are running the spread is because it works.

I beg to differ. It's used because that's what works best with the talent they have.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 10:13 PM
I beg to differ. It's used because that's what works best with the talent they have.

I agree, and it goes back to what was said earlier:

It works best with the talent they have, because High Schools are giving them recruits that operate mainly in the spread.

chiefsfan4life1978
02-12-2009, 10:14 PM

Sure, but name me a team that runs the spread that can't score points and move the ball up and down the field.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 10:14 PM

That's nice and all but it completely fucks up development for the next level.

OnTheWarpath15
02-12-2009, 10:15 PM
That's nice and all but it completely fucks up development for the next level.

Yep.

They aren't doing these kids any favors, at least the ones who have the talent to play at the next level.

chiefsfan4life1978
02-12-2009, 10:17 PM
No question it doesn't help kids trrying to get to the next level, but the coach's job is to win.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Sure, but name me a team that runs the spread that can't score points and move the ball up and down the field.

Depends who you're playing but speed can kill the spread...Florida's defense speed made Oklahomas supposed super human offense look pretty pedestrian.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 10:18 PM
That's nice and all but it completely ****s up development for the next level.You know they don't care about that.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 10:18 PM
No question it doesn't help kids trrying to get to the next level, but the coach's job is to win.

Great, I hope kids who think they will make it to the NFL choose to go play for teams that run pro style offenses...I think that will start happening at some point.

Especially with QB's.

chiefsfan4life1978
02-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Depends who you're playing but speed can kill the spread...Florida's defense speed made Oklahomas supposed super human offense look pretty pedestrian.

Good point, but overall, it's a great way to put up points in the college game. I don't blame coaches who go to it.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 10:20 PM
You know they don't care about that.

All I know is if I was a top level recruit one of my first questions to any coach recruiting me would be, can you prepare and get me to the NFL.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 10:21 PM
All I know is if I was a top level recruit one of my first questions to any coach recruiting me would be, can you prepare and get me to the NFL.And they'll talk you in circles until your head spins, drop you off with some sorority sisters and you won't have any clue about what system they run. Remember yourself at 17.

chiefsfan4life1978
02-12-2009, 10:22 PM
All I know is if I was a top level recruit one of my first questions to any coach recruiting me would be, can you prepare and get me to the NFL.

Mine too, so I'd probably want to go to USC!

Mecca
02-12-2009, 10:22 PM
And they'll talk you in circles until your head spins, drop you off with some sorority sisters and you won't have any clue about what system they run. Remember yourself at 17.

Still, if they care about bitches and big names SC is pro style and in the heart of hot bitch country.

keg in kc
02-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Still, if they care about bitches and big names SC is pro style and in the heart of hot bitch country.SC doesn't need to say "we run pro style" to recruit.

Mecca
02-12-2009, 10:26 PM
SC doesn't need to say "we run pro style" to recruit.

That's likely true but I still think it should be a selling point...I think it will be one at some point. I think the spread will be recruited against like the option was.

FRCDFED
02-13-2009, 12:53 AM
This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on here ever, and I read what CoMo said. We built through the draft once. One single time. It's like someone complaining that their house is drafty when they've only laid the foundation. It's building from scratch. Not just magically fixing with young people.Coaches don't get 5-8 years to build completely through the draft. They have to supplement with FA acquisitions as well. Now don't piss me of focker!

DaneMcCloud
02-13-2009, 01:02 AM
Coaches don't get 5-8 years to build completely through the draft. They have to supplement with FA acquisitions as well. Now don't piss me of focker!

Haley signed a four year contract, so he'll be here for four years. I expect that by the end of year three, the Chiefs will have made the playoffs.

But 2009 and 2010 will be brutal due to the Chiefs having the least talented roster in the NFL, bar none.

Saccopoo
02-13-2009, 01:04 AM

The Chiefs.

Saccopoo
02-13-2009, 01:07 AM
Haley signed a four year contract, so he'll be here for four years. I expect that by the end of year three, the Chiefs will have made the playoffs.

But 2009 and 2010 will be brutal due to the Chiefs having the least talented roster in the NFL, bar none.

That's a bold statement considering that the Detroit Lions are in the NFL.

mikey23545
02-13-2009, 01:27 AM
I've seen him play a few times, I don't think he's a burgeoning pass rusher who's been held back. He strikes me as the kind of player who should be going in the 10-15 range, but he's going to go higher because it's a light draft at the top this year.

Oh, you mean just like Stafford.

keg in kc
02-13-2009, 02:35 AM
Oh, you mean just like Stafford.Stafford's a top-3 pick any year. I might've agreed with you if you'd said Sanchez.

ChiefRon
02-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Well, I know we won't go crazy or anything, but I'd really like to see us address a few positions in FA so we have more flexibility in draft to go BPA.

Jason Brown, Ravens - would allow us to move Niswanger to RG
Antonio Smith, Cardinals OR Chris Canty, Cowboys OR Mike Wright, Patriots - I doubt we target a top-tier guy like Peppers but I'm sure we'll bring in some help for DE probably from the "Tier 2" group of players
Karlos Dansby, Cardinals, Bart Scott, Ravens, Channing Crowder, Dolphins - I do think we will definitely upgrade the LB position and this is the position I think we may be most active in FA, possibly targeting a "top-tier" guy as well as depth (and maybe even depth/special teams help from this position)...

I can also see us targeting T, RB, & WR