PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Denver Folks - Advice needed

dtebbe
02-12-2009, 11:42 PM
We're heading out for our annual ski trip, and I need to pick up a few things (poles, goggles, etc). What's the best place (preferably in north Denver) to shop for ski equipment? I've always been really impressed with the Sports Authority stores in Colorado. They are way better than the ones here in GA and the ones I've seen in MO. I was just curious if there was a better place.

TIA
DT

DaFace
02-12-2009, 11:53 PM
I'm definitely no expert on ski equipment, but my perception is that Sports Authority has a decent selection and a reasonable price. If you're looking for maximum selection, I think REI has them beat though.

Just my perception, and I skiied for the first time in my life a couple months ago, so take it with a grain of salt.

NickAthanFan
02-13-2009, 12:17 AM
Go eat a Casa Bonita you queer.

dtebbe
02-13-2009, 12:23 AM
Go eat a Casa Bonita you queer.

:D I went there when I was a kid and thought it was just awesome.

Took my then 7 year old there a few years back and he said "Dad, this place is a dump and it's the worst mexeeecan I've ever had" ROFL

DT

RodInCanton
02-13-2009, 12:33 AM
:D I went there when I was a kid and thought it was just awesome.

Took my then 7 year old there a few years back and he said "Dad, this place is a dump and it's the worst mexeeecan I've ever had" ROFL

DT

You should be proud, your kid has good taste!!! Not too familiar with up north - more of a downtown guy but there is a sportsman's warehouse i get my ammo from in Thornton up north. They may have good deals on this sort of stuff plus there is the best breakfast burrito at Santiago's across the street! Here's the address to sportsman's warehouse...

11 W. 84th Avenue
Thornton, CO 80260

Miles
02-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Not the best time of the year to buy ski equipment but some sales may be starting up.

The REI downtown is easily the best I can think of in the Denver area since they have a great selection of very high quality stuff. Not the best of places for deals though.

You may try Colorado Ski and Golf in Arvada. They tend to carry a better quality stuff than Sports Authority.

If you know what you want, online is probably the way to go for deals. Backcounty.com/Backcountryoutlet.com is a good place to start. I would definitly suggest looking at goggles online.

Bloody Tomahawk
02-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Why are you contributing to Colorado's economy?

On ski trips, Chiefs fans should spend their money in Utah, Wyoming, Montana or Idaho instead. Go to Sun Valley, Big Sky, Jackson Hole, Park City or Alta. Don't let the enemy win.

Iowanian
02-13-2009, 04:21 PM
I had to buy gloves on the mountain a couple of weeks ago.....Don't do that.

I also tried sunglasses instead of goggles, which didn't work in the blowing snow.

We picked up some stuff at a sporting goods store in Dungver.

If you're renting, rent in Dungver or in one of the little shops before you get over the pass.

Iowanian
02-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Does the Casa Bonita sill have the indoor hi-dive guy?

Rain Man
02-13-2009, 04:29 PM
I'll just shrug. Skiing's not my thing. If I want to fall, I have a flight of stairs in my house that's a lot cheaper.

Rain Man
02-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Does the Casa Bonita sill have the indoor hi-dive guy?

One of my former apartment tenants was a Casa Bonita diver. I've still never made it out there because I hear the food is terrible.

Iowanian
02-13-2009, 04:46 PM
I haven't been there sinceI was a kid...I just remember food I didn't know, a guy in a gorilla suit and a mexican hi diver....

yeti
02-13-2009, 06:18 PM
Christy Sports also carries quality gear. It is similar to a Colorado ski and golf type of store.

tmax63
02-13-2009, 06:57 PM
They still have divers, or at least they did a year or so ago when I went the last time. The food is average at best but it's fun to see at least once.

Smed1065
02-13-2009, 06:59 PM
Ask Donger/ Kill yourself now?

Buck
02-13-2009, 07:07 PM
I'll pay top dollar if you can somehow deface that stupid white horse on Invesco Stadium.