PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs announce coaching staff changes

booger
02-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Chiefs Announce Changes on Coaching Staff
Feb 13, 2009, 7:12:08 PM

The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Friday that five members of the coaching staff will not be retained. Those coaches include: Jon Embree (tight ends), Michael Ketchum (defensive assistant/assistant linebackers), Curtis Modkins (running backs), Kevin Patullo (offensive assistant/quality control) and Eric Price (wide receivers).

booger
02-13-2009, 07:19 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/02/13/chiefs_announce_changes_on_coaching_staff/

jjchieffan
02-13-2009, 07:20 PM
I had hoped Price would be retained

el borracho
Too bad about Price; everyone else?- whatever.

Mecca
Oh no, Tim Krumrie better not be retained.

unothadeal
KRUMRIE!!!!!!!!!!!! :cuss:

keg in kc
02-13-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm smelling hires next week.

MIAdragon
02-13-2009, 07:22 PM
I'm smelling hires next week.

Please may they be decent.

booger
02-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Here are the leftovers. Either will be retained or not yet fired. Or haven't found a replacement for yet. IDK.

Head Coach - Todd Haley
Offensive Coordinator - Chan Gailey
Offensive Line - Bob Bicknell
Assistant Offensive Line - Joe D’Alessandris
Defensive Line - Tim Krumrie
Assistant Strength and Conditioning - Brent Salazar
Strength and Conditioning - Cedric Smith
Manager of Football Operations/Player Development - Nate Wainwright

Mecca
02-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Maybe they didn't evaluate the lines yet since both O and D line coaches are still here.

the Talking Can
02-13-2009, 07:25 PM
how much suck does Krumie have to create in order get fired?

Mr. Arrowhead
02-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Haley likes Krumrie, because he yells alot LMAO

NickAthanFan
02-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Kill it with fire.

Mecca
02-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Haley likes Krumrie, because he yells alot LMAO

Haley will call him a retarded fuck face and then they'll have a slap fight.

PhillyChiefFan
02-13-2009, 07:37 PM
I'm in shock about Krumrie.

Agree with most, shame about Price.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Haley will call him a retarded **** face and then they'll have a slap fight.
my money is on Haley

Smed1065
02-13-2009, 07:39 PM
OC is Chan!

Tribal Warfare
02-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Maybe they didn't evaluate the lines yet since both O and D line coaches are still here.

All I have to say is I trust One Arrowhead Dr. isn't run by raging fucktwits. This will workout for the best they already released Chan and Gun, now will come the time the whole ship will be wiped clean.

Mr. Arrowhead
02-13-2009, 07:40 PM
All I have to say is I trust One Arrowhead Dr. isn't run by raging ****twits. This will workout for the best they already released Chan and Gun, now will come the time the whole ship will be wiped clean.
Chan is still on there as OC

Smed1065
02-13-2009, 07:41 PM
Chan is still on there as OC

Repost!

ChiefRon
02-13-2009, 07:41 PM
And so the plot thickens...

This James Bond stuff takes some getting used to.

Smed1065
02-13-2009, 07:43 PM
And so the plot thickens...

This James Bond stuff takes some getting used to.

Hey Chan seems very adaptable and seems to be echoed?

Yep.

Mecca
02-13-2009, 07:44 PM
I really don't understand this love of Chan Gailey, is it because he's good at gimmicks like Kordell Stewart and Tyler Thigpen?

Iowanian
02-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Why is everyone hurt that Price is gone?

Did he help Bowe catch the ball better? No.
Did any of the young Wrs perform at a high level? no.

how the hell Krumrie wasn't on the first train out, I'll never understand.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-13-2009, 07:49 PM
I really don't understand this love of Chan Gailey, is it because he's good at gimmicks like Kordell Stewart and Tyler Thigpen?

I can see it already:

"We're pleased as punch to announce the promotion of Krummy to Defensive Coordinator"!

:cuss:

Our DB Coach was the first one out the door, right? Gibbs, right?

THAT was a loss.

MIAdragon
02-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Why is everyone hurt that Price is gone?

Did he help Bowe catch the ball better? No.
Did any of the young Wrs perform at a high level? no.

how the hell Krumrie wasn't on the first train out, I'll never understand.

How the F is he supposed to do this?

Mecca
02-13-2009, 07:50 PM

Part of a job as a coach is to figure out what the player is doing wrong and correct it.

Smed1065
02-13-2009, 07:51 PM

By ESP and Iowa standards, checking their performance.

:spock:

Iowanian
02-13-2009, 07:52 PM
I don't know.....How did Haley help Fitzgerald become a better WR?

If a coach can't help players improve...what good is he?

How is he supposed to do it? How about film, catching drills, concentration drills, route running drills.....an effing hypnotist....motivation.

Name a player, a wr or TE who showed any improvement under Price?

Mecca
02-13-2009, 07:53 PM
I got this great idea, how about you take Bowe and stand him in front of a juggs machine and make him catch 100 balls in a row everyday, if he drops one he starts again from 0.

Iowanian
02-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Maybe MIA and the genius Smed, can clue us in as to what Price did to deserve to stay?

MIAdragon
Part of a job as a coach is to figure out what the player is doing wrong and correct it.

blow me.

The Bad Guy
How in the fuck does Krumrie keep his job?

Chan Gailey should also NOT be the OC of this team. Yeah, he created a gimmick offense that couldn't score in the 2nd half of games. It also took him about 6 weeks to figure out his neutered attack sucked.

I just don't understand why we aren't completely cleaning house. The offensive line sucked too so why is this Bicknell guy still here?

Mecca
02-13-2009, 07:55 PM
blow me.

Don't get upset at me because you asked a dumb question.

Tribal Warfare

Yep, too bad Herm told Charlie Joyner to fuck off, but hopefully Haley can bring him back.

Iowanian
blow me.

Sorry Mrs Price, I'm not your little Hurricane.

Mecca
02-13-2009, 07:56 PM

Chan Gailey should also NOT be the OC of this team. Yeah, he created a gimmick offense that couldn't score in the 2nd half of games. It also took him about 6 weeks to figure out his neutered attack sucked.

I just don't understand why we aren't completely cleaning house. The offensive line sucked too so why is this Bicknell guy still here?

Hopefully there will be 2 waves of firings and this isn't just it, if it is I can't believe they would keep that many coaches from a 2-14 team.

Tiger's Fan
02-13-2009, 07:56 PM
I prefer the clean slate approach. This team was infected with tha stank.

MIAdragon
02-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Maybe MIA and the genius Smed, can clue us in as to what Price did to deserve to stay?

I never said he did, all I questioned was how he was supposed to make Bowe catch the ball. Put glue on his hands, maybe make him wear one of those electronic shock collars for dogs and zap him when ever he drops something?

MIAdragon
02-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Don't get upset at me because you asked a dumb question.

ROFL

Iowanian
02-13-2009, 07:58 PM
MIA....Please Define a position coaches' job.

booger
02-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Chiefs | Gailey could be candidate for college job
Sat, 07 Feb 2009 14:09:55 -0800

Kevin Gorman, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Chan Gailey may be a candidate for the offensive coordinator position at the University of Pittsburgh.

Mecca
02-13-2009, 07:59 PM
I never said he did, all I questioned was how he was supposed to make Bowe catch the ball. Put glue on his hands, maybe make him wear one of those electronic shock collars for dogs and zap him when ever he drops something?

Most guys who drop balls lack concentration and focus...

You make him work everytime he drops a ball game or practice you make him do extra work everyday, he may not like it but it'll make him better.

Iowanian
02-13-2009, 08:00 PM
50 pushups every time you drop the ball......fines.....run laps if you run a wrong route....

MIAdragon
02-13-2009, 08:02 PM
MIA....Please Define a position coaches' job.

He can only do so much, you cant play for the player. Should the WR coaches in Cle, Den and Dal be canned too, it seems they also have a player with the dropsies?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-13-2009, 08:04 PM
I got this great idea, how about you take Bowe and stand him in front of a juggs machine and make him catch 100 balls in a row everyday, if he drops one he starts again from 0.

I like it. And he has to catch them with his hands.

Haley rode Fitz's ass about running his routes correctly. He saw a weakness, applied the pressure and praise at the appropriate times, and got results.

That's how.

MIAdragon
02-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Most guys who drop balls lack concentration and focus...

You make him work everytime he drops a ball game or practice you make him do extra work everyday, he may not like it but it'll make him better.

Who's to say this wasn’t already going on? Like I said I don’t know if he should stay or go, it seems like the majority around here wanted him to stay, but just because Bowe cant always hold on to the ball shouldn’t be a reason in his firing IMO. IIRC Bowe had a problem in college with the dropsies.

Iowanian
02-13-2009, 08:07 PM
He did more than that. Haley showed #11 film of his catches and Boldins, showed a difference in YAC....and how many yards he left on the field by going down easier than he should have.

A lot of the "drops" is on the player themselves. Coaches have to motivate, educate and find a way to get through.

If Other young players performed at a high level, it might be different. How did Clifford Franklin perform this year?

http://the-replacements.warnerbros.com/img/orlando.jpg

RealSNR
02-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Whatever.

I'm going to trust Haley/Pioli's judgement on these things for awhile. I'm going to see what they do in a few years.

As long as the Chiefs keep winning, I don't care if they hire Chan Gailey or Carrot Top as their offensive coordinator

Mecca
02-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Tim Krumrie has now had 2 stints as DL coach with 2 different teams and he sucked balls with both, lets not give him a 3rd HC to suck with.

Micjones
02-13-2009, 08:12 PM
I think we'll see another wave of (defensive) firings next week.
These were mostly offensive position coaches.

RJ
02-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Why would any of last season's coaches keep their jobs?

The sign out front says "Under New Management".

Pioli and Haley need to hire their own people, I don't want them to retain any excuses for failure.

MIAdragon
02-13-2009, 08:16 PM
He did more than that. Haley showed #11 film of his catches and Boldins, showed a difference in YAC....and how many yards he left on the field by going down easier than he should have.

A lot of the "drops" is on the player themselves. Coaches have to motivate, educate and find a way to get through.

I agree, that being said there is only so much you can do.

Micjones
02-13-2009, 08:17 PM
I agree, that being said there is only so much you can do.

Agreed, Bowe has to want to become one of the elite WR's in the game.
I think with Haley as his HC he'll improve.

His ass would definitely be on Juggs duty this off-season though.
Everyday AFTER practice.

MIAdragon
Tim Krumrie has now had 2 stints as DL coach with 2 different teams and he sucked balls with both, lets not give him a 3rd HC to suck with.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/1ndian_boi/fired.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
I think we'll see another wave of (defensive) firings next week.
These were mostly offensive position coaches.

"Jesus was Black, Ronald Reagan was the Devil, and the Goverment is lying about 9/11..."

The ONE saying that sadly never ended up in the "Rush Is Right" feature of the website...

Sadness...

aturnis
02-13-2009, 08:53 PM
How in the **** does Krumrie keep his job?

You think Gailey had something to do with the run up the butt play? That had Herm written all over it. Gailey was cuffed to start, just like Solari. Once the team lost all their QB's and came under severe scrutiny for sucking on O, Gailey went to town.

Gimmicky? Sure, but it worked pretty well considering. Not to mention it's not Gailey's offense of choice.

Mecca
02-13-2009, 08:54 PM
You think Gailey had something to do with the run up the butt play? That had Herm written all over it. Gailey was cuffed to start, just like Solari. Once the team lost all their QB's and came under severe scrutiny for sucking on O, Gailey went to town.

Gimmicky? Sure, but it worked pretty well considering. Not to mention it's not Gailey's offense of choice.

Why is it no matter what the offense did it was always Herm, we run to much! we pass to much!

Gailey plays a part in this.

MIAdragon
02-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Why is it no matter what the offense did it was always Herm, we run to much! we pass to much!

With out a doubt he does, but to what extent?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-13-2009, 09:00 PM

Was he involved in the Romo-era at Dallas?

Mecca
02-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Was he involved in the Romo-era at Dallas?

All I know about Gailey and Dallas is that Troy Aikman despised him.

MIAdragon
02-13-2009, 09:03 PM
All I know about Gailey and Dallas is that Troy Aikman despised him.

He didnt like Chans system there right, something about quick passes with no deep balls IIRC.

The Bad Guy
02-13-2009, 09:04 PM

Truth be told, Gailey's offenses since he left Pittsburgh in 1997 were pretty bad.

I don't know why he gets the credit he does.

What's telling for me is how bad of games Gailey called in the 2nd halfs this year. He never made adjustments.

FAX
02-13-2009, 09:05 PM
50 pushups every time you drop the ball......fines.....run laps if you run a wrong route....

... gasoline up the ass if you miss a tackle ... smack balls with adjustable wrench if you jump off sides ...

FAX

MIAdragon
02-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Truth be told, Gailey's offenses since he left Pittsburgh in 1997 were pretty bad.

I don't know why he gets the credit he does.

What's telling for me is how bad of games Gailey called in the 2nd halfs this year. He never made adjustments.

Who can we bring in that wont suck?

FAX
02-13-2009, 09:06 PM
I look at it this way; anybody who would take a job working under Herm is questionable.

FAX

MIAdragon
02-13-2009, 09:07 PM
I look at it this way; anybody who would take a job working under Herm is questionable.

FAX

Times are tuff Fax, NFL jobs dont come around all that often. Im sure we've all worked for a "Herm" at one point in time.

MIAdragon
02-13-2009, 09:08 PM
... gasoline up the ass if you miss a tackle ... smack balls with adjustable wrench if you jump off sides ...

FAX

this made me laugh Fax, rep.

-King-
02-13-2009, 09:09 PM
I can see Haley making Bowe an Elite WR this year. With Herm, Bowe could have dropped a ball and Herm will be like "Its okay buddy, we'll get em next game". He knew that Herm wouldn't get on him. With Haley, Bowe will be scared shitless to drop any ball. If Haley can yell at Kurt Warner, Fitz, and Boldin, I'm sure he'll have no problem yelling at Bowe, and hopefully that will help Bowe become an All Pro WR I'm sure he can become.

aturnis
02-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Just saying. Everyone knows he likes boring, pounding offense. The real problem I see with that is the personnel on the field. This team needs an influx of talent.

Of course it wasn't all Herm's fault. The thing that gets me though, is that Herms teams ALWAYS seemed to be too stubborn to change things up if they weren't working. Maybe he was a preacher of execution. The ole, even if they know what play we're running, we should still win with execution. I don't know...it's definitely got to me though, that EVERY coach seemed incapable of adjustments. That just doesn't seem right.

MIAdragon
02-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Just saying. Everyone knows he likes boring, pounding offense. The real problem I see with that is the personnel on the field. This team needs an influx of talent.

Of course it wasn't all Herm's fault. The thing that gets me though, is that Herms teams ALWAYS seemed to be too stubborn to change things up if they weren't working. Maybe he was a preacher of execution. The ole, even if they know what play we're running, we should still win with execution. I don't know...it's definitely got to me though, that EVERY coach seemed incapable of adjustments. That just doesn't seem right.

Chan might just get the "guilty by association" ax.

FAX
02-13-2009, 09:24 PM
I can see Haley making Bowe an Elite WR this year. With Herm, Bowe could have dropped a ball and Herm will be like "Its okay buddy, we'll get em next game". He knew that Herm wouldn't get on him. With Haley, Bowe will be scared shitless to drop any ball. If Haley can yell at Kurt Warner, Fitz, and Boldin, I'm sure he'll have no problem yelling at Bowe, and hopefully that will help Bowe become an All Pro WR I'm sure he can become.

I think you're right, Mr. KcChiefsKing. Performance is linked to expectations. If a player's aren't high enough, it's up to the coach.

It seemed as though Herm was overly empathetic with the guys but you have to remember that he played the game.

FAX

OnTheWarpath15
02-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Chan might just get the "guilty by association" ax.

Or, he could get the "guilty because he was fucking guilty" axe.

I love how people here think Chan is the greatest OC ever in the 1st half when we're successful, but when he shits on his headset in the 2nd half, it's all Herm's fault.

Fuck that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
I think you're right, Mr. KcChiefsKing. Performance is linked to expectations. If a player's aren't high enough, it's up to the coach.

It seemed as though Herm was overly empathetic with the guys but you have to remember that he played the game.

FAX

This, and Mr. FAX's first DCS REP!

MIAdragon
Or, he could get the "guilty because he was ****ing guilty" axe.

I love how Chan is the greatest OC ever in the 1st half when we're successful, but when he shits on his headset in the 2nd half, it's all Herm's fault.

**** that.

Or that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Or, he could get the "guilty because he was fucking guilty" axe.

I love how people here think Chan is the greatest OC ever in the 1st half when we're successful, but when he shits on his headset in the 2nd half, it's all Herm's fault.

Fuck that.

Naaaaaaaaaailed it!:clap:

MIAdragon
02-13-2009, 09:29 PM
Or, he could get the "guilty because he was ****ing guilty" axe.

**** that.

I know I guess my campaign for Chan to be coach of the decade failed, and I dont know why!?

keg in kc
02-13-2009, 09:35 PM
It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to keep Gailey unless it's in an assistant HC type of role. Despite the circus we saw last year, he's primarily known for being a guru in the running game, not an aggressive passing style coordinator.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-13-2009, 09:37 PM
I know I guess my campaign for Chan to be coach of the decade failed, and I dont know why!?

LMAO

"Come on, number one son; we find employment ELSEWHERE"!

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/acharliechan2CHARLIE_CHAN_CIRCUS-21.jpg

Manila-Chief
02-13-2009, 10:36 PM
It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to keep Gailey unless it's in an assistant HC type of role. Despite the circus we saw last year, he's primarily known for being a guru in the running game, not an aggressive passing style coordinator.

First, we don't know what Chan's role will be with the team. He could be promoted to Asst. head coach or demoted to a position coach??? But, if he is OC, he will run Haley's offense not his own. Maybe Haley saw enough in him to trust him to run Haley's offense???

I'm okay with it as long as it is Haley's offense. Now, on defense it needs to be the DC's defense.

Line coaches ... is it possible that we didn't have the talent and no amount of coaching would improve it??? Or as some of you have said, maybe they were trying to coach "Herm's line" play??? I'm not going to go off on Haley until I see how the team begins to improve.

Let's give him at least 3 plays before we complain!!!! And, I'm not a homer ... but, one of the realist on this board.

keg in kc
02-13-2009, 10:38 PM
First, we don't know what Chan's role will be with the team. He could be promoted to Asst. head coach or demoted to a position coach??? But, if he is OC, he will run Haley's offense not his own. Maybe Haley saw enough in him to trust him to run Haley's offense??? We don't even know that Gailey has a role with the team at all, and I mentioned assistant head coach in the post you quoted.

Haley's scheme isn't the style of football that Gailey has run in the past, that was the point I was trying to make. It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to retain him as an OC, instead of bringing in someone familiar with the things haley does.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-13-2009, 10:47 PM
First, we don't know what Chan's role will be with the team. He could be promoted to Asst. head coach or demoted to a position coach??? But, if he is OC, he will run Haley's offense not his own. Maybe Haley saw enough in him to trust him to run Haley's offense???

I'm okay with it as long as it is Haley's offense. Now, on defense it needs to be the DC's defense.

Line coaches ... is it possible that we didn't have the talent and no amount of coaching would improve it??? Or as some of you have said, maybe they were trying to coach "Herm's line" play??? I'm not going to go off on Haley until I see how the team begins to improve.

Let's give him at least 3 plays before we complain!!!! And, I'm not a homer ... but, one of the realist on this board.

I hear ya'. I'm WAY more concerned about who will be running this defense.
That's a luxury you get to have when you hire an OC as your Head Coach.

booger
02-14-2009, 12:16 AM
Chiefs fire five assistant coaches
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

Seven weeks after the season has finished, the Chiefs finally got around Friday to firing five of their assistant coaches.

Dismissed were position coaches Jon Embree (tight ends), Curtis Modkins (running backs) and Eric Price (wide receivers) as well as quality control coaches Mike Ketchum and Kevin Patullo.

It is unclear whether Chan Gailey (offensive coordinator), Bob Bicknell and Joe D’Alessandris (offensive line) and Tim Krumrie (defensive line) will remain with the team and work for new head coach Todd Haley.

Four members of Herm Edwards’ staff have already departed for other jobs. Defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham went to the Lions, special-teams coach Mike Priefer to the Broncos, secondary coach David Gibbs to the Texans and quarterbacks coach Dick Curl to the Rams.

Various reports have the Chiefs speaking with former New Orleans defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs and Ball State offensive-line coach Pat Perles about positions on Haley’s staff.
Gibbs has been the head coach in college at Oklahoma and the defensive coordinator at LSU and Georgia before starting his NFL coaching career in 2002 as the linebackers coach for the Cowboys. He remained with the Cowboys for three seasons under Bill Parcells and then joined the Saints in 2006.

The Saints finished near the bottom of the league in defense last year, and Gibbs was fired.

Perles is also a coaching veteran, having worked in college at Michigan State, North Dakota State, Toledo and Ball State, in the NFL for the Rams and for three teams in the CFL.
To reach Adam Teicher, send e-mail to ateicher@kcstar.com

booger
02-14-2009, 12:17 AM
Pat Perles

http://ballstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=67658&SPID=7633&DB_OEM_ID=14200&ATCLID=3650369&Q_SEASON=2009

Courtesy: Ball State Athletics
Release: 01/20/2009

Offensive Line

First Season at Ball State
21st Year as a Football Coach
Alma Mater: Michigan State ‘87

Coaching Experience:
21st Year as a football coach

Toledo, assistant, 1989-91
Los Angeles Rams, assistant, 1992-93
Saskatchewan Roughriders (CFL), 1994-96
Winnipeg Blue Bombers (CFL), 1997
Hamilton Tigers (CFL), 1998-99
Michigan State, assistant, 2000-02
North Dakota State, assistant, 2003-08
• 2004 - Run Game Coordinator
• 2005-08 - Offensive Coordinator
Ball State, assistant, 2009

NOTES: Helped North Dakota State 49-17 record in his six seasons on the staff . . . coached the NDSU offense to top three rankings in all offensive statistical categories in 2008 . . . North Dakota State’s offense ranked first in the Football Championship Subdivision in scoring in 2004 and 2006 . . . helped NDSU to top-25 rankings from 2004-07 . . . coached the offensive line for six seasons in the Canadian Football League . . . helped the Hamilton Tiger Cats to the 1998 and 1999 CFL Grey Cup.

Personal Information:
Date of Birth: Oct. 2, 1963, in Detroit, Mich.
Family: Married to the former Karen Pauls . . . the couple has three children, Hannah, Joseph and Julia . . . Son of former Michigan State head football coach George Perles.
High School: Upper St. Clair H.S. (Class of ‘82) in Pittsburgh, Pa.
College: Bachelor’s - Michigan State ‘87

NOTES: Earned all-state and academic all-conference honors as a nose guard at Upper St. Clair High School as a senior . . . member of the Michigan State football team which played in the 1984 Cherry Bowl and the 1985 Hall of Fame Bowl.

DaWolf
02-14-2009, 12:22 AM
So it doesn't look like we'll be hiring any household names, that's for sure...

booger
02-14-2009, 12:26 AM
So it doesn't look like we'll be hiring any household names, that's for sure...

you mean you haven't heard of Pat Perles ?:eek:

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-14-2009, 12:40 AM

Wasn't Gibbs the guy who took OU to the toilet post-Switzer?! :eek::cuss:

Jesus...:doh!:

Buehler445
02-14-2009, 12:41 AM

PLEASE NOTE: Before I start, I think Pioli/Haley should bring their guys in all the way around. For some reason, I don't think the garbage Herm system that these guys are used to will stand with Pioli/Haley.

BUT, I don't think Gailey is as bad as he is made out to be. In the preseason, most notably against the Bears, the playcalling was good. It was creative, it kept the defense guessing and had a variety of plays, making the defense defend the entire field. It also tried to hide the flaws of the OL (I'm looking at you, Sackintosh). Things were looking good.

Then in the Patriots game, all that disappeared. It went back to LJ off RG, LJ off RG, SACK, punt. That screams Squirmin Herman.

Then after all hope was lost, Gailey pulled the pistol out of his ass.

I would contend that if he were left to coordinate, he would be OK.

But I want someone new and dynamic.

Coogs
02-14-2009, 12:42 AM

God I was hoping after Carl was fired all the coaches who had "compromising photographs" would not be able to blackmail their way onto the staff anymore.

Let's hope Krumrine doesn't have some dirt laundry on Clark or something like that. We will never get rid of him.

Buehler445
02-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Oh, and I will cry like a bitch if Krumrie is retained.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-14-2009, 12:48 AM
God I was hoping after Carl was fired all the coaches who had "compromising photographs" would not be able to blackmail their way onto the staff anymore.

Let's hope Krumrine doesn't have some dirt laundry on Clark or something like that. We will never get rid of him.

Oh there's always a way to "get rid". Always.

Oh, and I will cry like a bitch if Krumrie is retained.

No tears necessary; one properly placed phone call is all it takes.

:fire:

stevieray
02-14-2009, 12:54 AM
my money is on Haley

Mine isn't...Krumrie runs the outer perimeter of TSP.

I think we sometimes underestimate these guys..Art Still looks like he could play today...Bell and Lanier in their sixties are still menacing figures...and two nicest guys you could meet.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-14-2009, 12:58 AM
Mine isn't...Krumrie runs the outer perimeter of TSP.

I think we sometimes underestimate these guys..Art Still looks like he could play today...Bell and Lanier in their sixties are still menacing figures...and two nicest guys you could meet.

:D Suit em' up!

MMXcalibur
02-14-2009, 01:00 AM
More cleanin' house.

Thank god almighty.....

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-14-2009, 01:01 AM
More cleanin' house.

Thank god almighty.....

Yeah, but we lost our Secondary Coach, and he was a good one.

ChiefsCountry
02-14-2009, 01:13 AM

I have. North Dakota State is in my school's conference, he was their OC.

Boris The Great
02-14-2009, 01:16 AM

If he was that good, he could have done better than making a lateral move to a team where his daddy has some pull.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-14-2009, 01:18 AM
If he was that good, he could have done better than making a lateral move to a team where his daddy has some pull.

He bailed early, before Pioli was announced if I'm not mistaken.

soundmind
02-14-2009, 01:33 AM

I'd be curious to know exactly how much of that was him, and how much was Herm. I never wanted Herm as a head coach, I'm glad he's gone. But he can coach the DBs for my team anyday of the week.

However, Krumrie is inexcusable. But we've not seen the last of this until there's a DC in the house. My tentative vote is for Crennel.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-14-2009, 01:40 AM
I'd be curious to know exactly how much of that was him, and how much was Herm. I never wanted Herm as a head coach, I'm glad he's gone. But he can coach the DBs for my team anyday of the week.

However, Krumrie is inexcusable. But we've not seen the last of this until there's a DC in the house. My tentative vote is for Crennel.

That was my take too. I'll say this for Herm; he could damn sure pick some Corners.

Getting Carr and Flowers was great; finding and adding Leggitt was unheard of. We are so set at that position it isn't even funny.
With next year's defensive crop and some smart moves in FA, a legitimate pass-rush will really open things up for our Corners.

And then, it's ON like a motherfucker! :rockon::toast:PBJ

And fuck Krummy; that fuckin' gas-bag! :cuss:

Mizzou_8541
02-14-2009, 01:42 AM
And Krumrie? Is he still on staff?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-14-2009, 02:06 AM

Si. :banghead:

Rausch
02-14-2009, 03:06 AM

I can't think of one ligitimate reason he should be...

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-14-2009, 03:08 AM
I can't think of one ligitimate reason he should be...

Si. :banghead:

Mecca
02-14-2009, 03:09 AM
Lets go down to Tim Krumies house and take turns slapping him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-14-2009, 03:14 AM
Lets go down to Tim Krumies house and take turns slapping him.

While one of us screams at the top of our lungs through a bullhorn! :fire:

Mizzou_8541
02-14-2009, 04:13 AM
While one of us screams at the top of our lungs through a bullhorn! :fire:

Seriously, though. Is Krumrie still on staff?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-14-2009, 04:18 AM
Seriously, though. Is Krumrie still on staff?

As it stands right now, yes.

Mizzou_8541
02-14-2009, 05:01 AM
As it stands right now, yes.

I don't get it. I realize I barely know the difference between a 2-technique and a 3-technique DT, but regardless I still just don't get it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-14-2009, 05:09 AM
I don't get it. I realize I barely know the difference between a 2-technique and a 3-technique DT, but regardless I still just don't get it.

I don't understand the delay either. Hopefully, we will not wait much longer.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-14-2009, 11:16 AM

No, its because he is a good coach that is able to use the talent of the team effectively. He isn't a 'system' guy.

I also put a lot of stock into what other professionals say about him. Bill Cowher has said he was the best OC he ever worked with.

I know that you are truly gifted with being able to tell Sanchez is clearly the answer and worth the third pick overall (even when Pete Carroll says he isn't ready)..... but most of use 'regular' folks put at least a little stock into what head coaches and GM's think.

Gailey has been to the Super Bowl twice. Been to the playoffs all but three years, I believe, including this one.

Yeah, I think he is a pretty good coach.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-14-2009, 11:20 AM

What is 'Haley's' offense?

Haley and Gailey are similar in that they use the teams strengths. They don't have an 'offense'. They aren't system guys.

He only threw the ball so much in Arizona because the line couldn't get separation in the run game and were better pass blockers. He had Kurt Warner, and three really good WR's.

OH... and Arizona is a warm weather town that is MUCH better for pitching and catching the ball. You'll notice that in the playoffs, they actually switched to the running game.

I like Haley for the same reasons that I like Gailey. They adapt to their players.

talastan
02-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Haley will call him a retarded **** face and then they'll have a slap fight.

That would make for an entertaining event! ;)

OnTheWarpath15
02-14-2009, 11:42 AM
You'll notice that in the playoffs, they actually switched to the running game.

Is that why they only ran the ball 12 times in the biggest game of the year?

milkman
02-14-2009, 11:44 AM

Haley and Gailey are similar in that they use the teams strengths. They don't have an 'offense'. They aren't system guys.

He only threw the ball so much in Arizona because the line couldn't get separation in the run game and were better pass blockers. He had Kurt Warner, and three really good WR's.

OH... and Arizona is a warm weather town that is MUCH better for pitching and catching the ball. You'll notice that in the playoffs, they actually switched to the running game.

I like Haley for the same reasons that I like Gailey. They adapt to their players.

Uh...Haley is a system guy.

He is bringing the system that the Cards run to KC, which is a variation of the Coryell system that puts a premium on the intermediate to deep routes.

He adjusted what they do within that system to maximize production from that offense, but if he actually adjusted the system to players, they would have adapted to give Leinart the best chance to succeed.

The vertical passing game exposes Leinart's weak arm.

Basileus777
02-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Uh...Haley is a system guy.

He is bringing the system that the Cards run to KC, which is a variation of the Coryell system that puts a premium on the intermediate to deep routes.

He adjusted what they do within that system to maximize production from that offense, but if he actually adjusted the system to players, they would have adapted to give Leinart the best chance to succeed.

The vertical passing game exposes Leinart's weak arm.

I don't think Leinart's arm strength was really one of the most important reasons they went with Warner.

RedThat
02-14-2009, 11:48 AM
The way i see it,

even if this team hired a proven coach like Bill Cowher, Gailey would still be here.

Gailey is a decent coach. Im happy we kept him. People look past the point at what he actually did? He took what he had to work with and made the best of it. He utilized an offense that was best suitable to the strengths and talents of the players. And the players responded well by adapting to it. To me that is understanding your players.

There isn't much to say about a 2-14 season but I will say Chan Gailey is part of the reason this season had at the very least "little" excitement to it. He is a creative playcaller at times I will say..Not a genious by any stretch of the imagination. but he should deserve a little bit of credit.

As far as adjustments are concerned, I think that will improve gradually along the way with a good game day coach.

OnTheWarpath15
02-14-2009, 11:52 AM
I don't think Leinart's arm strength was really one of the most important reasons they went with Warner.

If it hadn't been Warner, it probably would have been someone else.

Leinart doesn't have the arm necessary to succeed in a vertical passing game.

RustShack
02-14-2009, 11:54 AM

Please, if you only pay attention to the Chiefs don't try talking about other teams.

whoman69
02-14-2009, 01:27 PM
Is that why they only ran the ball 12 times in the biggest game of the year?

They only ran 12 times because the run game wasn't getting it done. Its one thing to bring the run game into against average defenses like they faced in the NFC playoffs, another to try that against the top ranked Steelers. I wouldn't equate it to the Pats-Rams game where Martz only ran a hall of fame running back 9 times. If you can't run the ball, why keep trying to bang your head against the wall? Go with your strength at that point.

OnTheWarpath15
02-14-2009, 01:34 PM
They only ran 12 times because the run game wasn't getting it done. Its one thing to bring the run game into against average defenses like they faced in the NFC playoffs, another to try that against the top ranked Steelers. I wouldn't equate it to the Pats-Rams game where Martz only ran a hall of fame running back 9 times. If you can't run the ball, why keep trying to bang your head against the wall? Go with your strength at that point.

How can you say the running game wasn't working when you only tried 12 times?

I can't remember where I saw it, but there's a stat that out of 43 Super Bowls, the team that had the most rushing ATTEMPTS, not yardage has won the Super Bowl 41 out of 43 times.

You can't give up on the run that early.

Chiefs fans should know this better than anyone after the display we were just witness to in 2008.

bevis369
02-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Greg Robinson for DC....ROFL

doomy3
02-14-2009, 01:38 PM

I can't remember where I saw it, but there's a stat that out of 43 Super Bowls, the team that had the most rushing ATTEMPTS, not yardage has won the Super Bowl 41 out of 43 times.

Chiefs fans should know this better than anyone after the display we were just witness to in 2008.

No kidding? I would have thought that the Patriots and Rams wins would have been more than those 2 wins.

DaFace
02-14-2009, 01:44 PM

I can't say for sure, but I'd be willing to bet that your causality association is reversed there. Teams that are in the lead tend to run more. Teams that are behind tend to pass more. The fact that they are ahead is the cause, not the effect, of more rushing attempts.

OnTheWarpath15
02-14-2009, 01:46 PM
No kidding? I would have thought that the Patriots and Rams wins would have been more than those 2 wins.

The Rams in 99 is one of the 2 games.

I found a link that will let me check the validity of that stat, so far, the 99 Rams are the last team that had less rushing attempts and won.

OnTheWarpath15
02-14-2009, 01:54 PM
Man, I was WAY off.

Only 39 of the 43 Super Bowl winners had more rushing attempts than the losing team.

1999 Rams

1996 Cowboys

1989 Niners

1979 Cowboys

DaWolf
02-14-2009, 01:55 PM

You have to put it in the context of the game though. IIRC, the Steelers put together some long drives and had a good edge in the TOP, so immediately that reduces the number of possessions you get. I believe the Cards got one good drive in the first half and then the final drive was in the waning minutes of the first half which calls for more of the hurry up.

Second, the Cardinals had a lot of penalties that put them in long yardage situations, so they weren't always in ideal running down and distance.

Third, the Cards found themselves down 20-7, and had to make a comeback quickly. Again, not a situation where you can establish the run.

So I don't think it's accurate to say that they abandoned the run early. The team just didn't put itself in a situation where they could try to establish the run. If that Warner INT doesn't happen at the end of the half, the second half may have been a different story.

I still thought that out of those 12 attempts, there were strategically well placed to keep the Steeler defense honest and not just tee off on the pass. They used a few screen plays and short dumpoffs in there too which helped...

OnTheWarpath15
02-14-2009, 01:55 PM
I can't say for sure, but I'd be willing to bet that your causality association is reversed there. Teams that are in the lead tend to run more. Teams that are behind tend to pass more. The fact that they are ahead is the cause, not the effect, of more rushing attempts.

You can only assume that is why they ran the ball.

And FWIW, I'm not trying to prove anything. I just thought it was an interesting stat.

FloridaMan88
02-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Perfect there are now openings on the offensive coaching staff for my posse, Mike Martz and Al Saunders.

KCChiefsMan
02-14-2009, 02:45 PM
maybe they think Krummy is responsible for Jared Allen

mlyonsd
02-14-2009, 02:57 PM
maybe they think Krummy is responsible for Jared AllenROFL

Mr. Laz
02-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Krumrie stays, Price gone

:banghead:

HemiEd
02-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Oh no, Tim Krumrie better not be retained.

I agree with you on this.

Dave Lane
02-14-2009, 05:56 PM
Kill it with fire.

Nuke it from space. Its the only way to be sure...

RedThat
02-14-2009, 07:23 PM
No use in worrying about Krumrie. Honestly, no use. The most improtant thing right now is to get a really good defensive co-ordinator in here. Thats what we should be focusing our attention towards.

I think a really good defensive co-ordinator can make up for porous positional coaching.

Deberg_1990
02-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Mike Martz is still available right?

Seems like a decent choice for OC especially if Haley runs a similiar system?

RedThat
02-14-2009, 07:27 PM

Why would anyone be thinking of Martz right now?

Gailey is going to be the offensive co-ordinator of this team next year.

Danman
02-15-2009, 01:59 PM
I think Gailey is some sort of Asst HC/Offensive coordinator, but Haley calls plays on game day. Gailey's viewed in the league as a very professional coach.

The DC position will be interesting. Would rather get rid of Pat-a-cake, but I think he'd win out in a bitch-slapping contest with Mecca. Mecca would be playing to Pat-a-cake's strength.

StcChief
02-15-2009, 02:10 PM

Seems like a decent choice for OC especially if Haley runs a similiar system? Good God no. Martz clock mgmt is worse than Herm....

He was lucky to have Holt,Bruce,Warner.

doomy3
02-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Good God no. Martz clock mgmt is worse than Herm....

He was lucky to have Holt,Bruce,Warner.

people worry about clock management for an OC?

ChiefsCountry
02-15-2009, 02:52 PM

QB Coach

Delano
02-15-2009, 02:56 PM

Mike "Tinfoil Hat" Martz has enemies in the league determined to keep him out.

Link (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29183745/).

mylittlepony
02-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Krumrie is bad, I've never seen such a technically poor player as Dorsey. He looks like he was a walkon or something. He's honestly the worst. I hope I don't get some candyman effect now but I almost wish we would have listened to findr and gone for Trevor Laws(or not), I mean he cant be much worse. At this rate without proper coaching that #5 pick will go to waste.

It was painfully obvious that Turk needed a lot of coaching (even on the "hard knocks"-show he was complaining that he didn't know what to do), he is no closer to being the starter now. That's mainly the fault of the coaching.

Krumrie got a 1,2 and 3:rnd pick and two of them look as if they have no business in the league. The third one looks average at best (Tyler). And that's even without mentioning Tamba Hali. This line consists of 2 first rounders 1 second rounder and 1 third rounder. And plays like that???

That has to be enough for termination in the least or possibly tar and feathers.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Krumrie is bad, I've never seen such a technically poor player as Dorsey. He looks like he was a walkon or something. He's honestly the worst. I hope I don't get some candyman effect now but I almost wish we would have listened to findr and gone for Trevor Laws(or not), I mean he cant be much worse. At this rate without proper coaching that #5 pick will go to waste.

It was painfully obvious that Turk needed a lot of coaching (even on the "hard knocks"-show he was complaining that he didn't know what to do), he is no closer to being the starter now. That's mainly the fault of the coaching.

Krumrie got a 1,2 and 3:rnd pick and two of them look as if they have no business in the league. The third one looks average at best (Tyler). And that's even without mentioning Tamba Hali. This line consists of 2 first rounders 1 second rounder and 1 third rounder. And plays like that???

That has to be enough for termination in the least or possibly tar and feathers.

Agreed, and I hope so too.

FloridaMan88
02-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Why would anyone be thinking of Martz right now?

Gailey is going to be the offensive co-ordinator of this team next year.

If the Chiefs could get Mike Martz as QB coach and Al Saunders as WRs coach and keep Gailey on as offensive coordinator (something I'm NOT in favor of, but would tolerate if Haley is calling the plays) that would create an offensive coaching staff with a wealth of experience.

TimeForWasp
09-19-2011, 11:36 PM
bump

booger
09-19-2011, 11:42 PM
Why the bump when that was Herm Edwards staff? WTF does that have to do with the current chiefs or why is it bump worthy?

EDIT:
To clarify
The leftover assistants from Herm's staff after Edwards was hired and Haley hired.

TimeForWasp
09-20-2011, 12:06 AM
Sorry Booger, but it is about as relevant as some of these threads I'm seeing. I didn't bump it because it was your thread.

booger
09-20-2011, 12:09 AM
Sorry Booger, but it is about as relevant as some of these threads I'm seeing. I didn't bump it because it was your thread.

being that i started this thread 2 and a half years ago is no big deal or that i was the one that started it.

I just don't get how any of the posts in this thread relate to the state of the current chiefs, that's all. No need to be sorry about anything.

crazycoffey
09-20-2011, 01:04 AM
being that i started this thread 2 and a half years ago is no big deal or that i was the one that started it.

I just don't get how any of the posts in this thread relate to the state of the current chiefs, that's all. No need to be sorry about anything.

It's not relevant, but it could be funny when people log on in the morning and see the thread title without noticing the date and start bitching or cheering staff changes.

Bewbies
09-20-2011, 01:23 AM
People are going to show up in the morning and think this is new news. And shit a brick.

Then come the nuthooks.