PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Costco or Sams Club which is better and why *Poll*

MIAdragon
02-14-2009, 07:48 PM
With the rugrat on the way I guess we should look into getting a membership to one of the "buy in bulk" stores. Id like to know where you guys go and why. Id also like to know what to stay away from, I know that "5 gallon jug of jelly is cheap but do I really need it?" kid of thing and what are the products that make sense to purchase in bulk. Thanks in advance.

DaKCMan AP
02-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Costco is great. I've been in Sams and was disappointed. I'd choose BJ's over Sams.

MIAdragon
02-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Costco is great. I've been in Sams and was disappointed. I'd choose BJ's over Sams.

Ahh forgot about BJ's

DeezNutz
Who wouldn't take a BJ over a trip to Sam's?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Sweet Daddy Hate
Costco in midtown was shit. Never been to a Sam's Club.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Who wouldn't take a BJ over a trip to Sam's?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

This!:D

chris
02-14-2009, 07:55 PM
With the rugrat on the way I guess we should look into getting a membership to one of the "buy in bulk" stores. Id like to know where you guys go and why. Id also like to know what to stay away from, I know that "5 gallon jug of jelly is cheap but do I really need it?" kid of thing and what are the products that make sense to purchase in bulk. Thanks in advance.

Costco is Norstroms; higher quality items as well as bulk items.

Sams is bulk packaged Walmart items.

L.A. Chieffan
02-14-2009, 07:58 PM
where i live going to costco is like the seventh circle of hell and sam's club is only about the 4th circle, so i guess sams club

morphius
02-14-2009, 07:59 PM
We had a membership to both, but there was a some certain items food wise that costco didn't carry, so now we just go to sams.

Braincase
02-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Sams, Walmart & the entire freakin' Walton family are evil.

Bugeater
02-14-2009, 08:02 PM
I had a Sam's membership for a few years and I grew tired of the place. We always dropped at least $200 when we went there, it didn't really seem like we were saving all that much money buying in bulk. Plus the clientele there seemed nearly as bad as Wal-Mart.

KCUnited
02-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Haven't been in a Sam's for years, but I've been a Costco member since '04. My biggest problem with Costco is that they don't sell many "low fat/healthier" products. I was there today though and bought a 2 year membership to 24 Hour Fitness. Comes out to around 12.50 a month.

Gracie Dean
02-14-2009, 08:05 PM
check out ALDI's for low cost

all generic, but greenbeans are greenbeans

rice is rice

Deberg_1990
02-14-2009, 08:07 PM
I had a Sam's membership for a few years and I grew tired of the place. We always dropped at least $200 when we went there, it didn't really seem like we were saving all that much money buying in bulk. Plus the clientele there seemed nearly as bad as Wal-Mart.

Yea, sometimes it doesnt really pay off much to buy in bulk.

I like going into Sams just to look around sometimes, but i dont really buy much there.

Buehler445
02-14-2009, 08:22 PM
I've only been to Sam's.

My recommendation is to get the membership, take a pen and paper and a calculator (or if you are fancy, use your smartphone) and determine what the savings is vs. where you normally shop. Some things aren't cheaper.

My experience is they have giant boxes of shit, but most of it isn't the flavors I want. If it isn't much cheaper, just buy the kind you like.

DEFINITELY buy meat there and freeze it. Way cheaper than the gocery stores here.

bishop_74
02-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Sams = Wal Mart
Costco = Target

I prefer Costco as it is a little cleaner and has some nicer stuff, but I think Sams has more of a selection.

Psyko Tek
02-14-2009, 08:28 PM
I went to sam's picked up 80 lbs of ground beef 90% lean
for $125 ( got 2 boys 14 and 10) saved a ton that way

Simply Red
02-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Costco

L.A. Chieffan
02-14-2009, 08:31 PM
I went to sam's picked up 80 lbs of ground beef 90% lean
for $125 ( got 2 boys 14 and 10) saved a ton that way

80 lbs, jesus.

Simply Red
02-14-2009, 08:35 PM
80 lbs, jesus.

I can assure you, it wasn't cheap, L.A. Chieffan

Bugeater
02-14-2009, 08:38 PM
80 lbs, jesus.

No kidding, we used to buy 10lb tubes of it and split it up and freeze it, that was a chore by itself. I couldn't imagine doing 8 times as much.

HemiEd
02-14-2009, 08:53 PM
We are members at both of them, they are not the same.
I prefer Sam's meat, but Costco has a pretty consistent product mix. I think Costco is a little higher, but is cleaner, better lit and better merchandised.

aturnis
02-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Costco...b/c it's not owned by the Waldens(Wal-Mart).

angelo
02-14-2009, 09:02 PM
I have not set foot in a Walton business in 15 years.

I will only shop at Costco. I got feed up with the poor customer service at Sam's. I also do not agree with how Sam's treat their employees.

I buy fruit/vegetable's, wine, dry goods. I get My meat and fish wholesale.

Ang

aturnis
02-14-2009, 09:04 PM
DEFINITELY buy meat there and freeze it. Way cheaper than the gocery stores here.

What's the quality?

Basileus777
02-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Best poll of the week.

Pitt Gorilla
02-14-2009, 10:43 PM
Neither.

KCChiefsMan
02-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Costco. 1000000% better.

Why?

because they treat their employees great, great benefits and their CEO only makes about $400K and went on record saying that he can't justify making more than 3 or 4x his highest paid manager.

Wal-mart and Sam Club treat their employees like $hit and they really are an evil empire for too many reasons to mention right now.

not to mention that Costco is a much more enjoyable shopping experience as well for the customer. I've had memberships at both. I am currently a Costco member and I haven't been there in a while. Might have to go up to there soon.

Walmarts CEO makes about $26 mil per year and 95% of their employees are below the poverty line

that kind of stuff is important to me when I choose where to spend my dough

88TG88
02-14-2009, 10:49 PM
Costco. 1000000% better.

Why?

because they treat their employees great, great benefits and their CEO only makes about $400K and went on record saying that he can't justify making more than 3 or 4x his highest paid manager.

Wal-mart and Sam Club treat their employees like $hit and they really are an evil empire for too many reasons to mention right now.

not to mention that Costco is a much more enjoyable shopping experience as well for the customer. I've had memberships at both. I am currently a Costco member and I haven't been there in a while. Might have to go up to there soon.

Walmarts CEO makes about $26 mil per year and 95% of their employees are below the poverty line

that kind of stuff is important to me when I choose where to spend my dough
Took the words right out of my mouth, Csotco is a way better shopping experience.

cookster50
02-15-2009, 12:50 AM
I prefer Sam's meat

TMI

cookster50
02-15-2009, 12:50 AM
Dont' know about Sams, but diapers at Costco are more expensive than getting PC at Walmart.

Frazod
02-15-2009, 01:03 AM
I like Costco and have a membership. Saves us a lot of money. I've only been in Sam's a couple of times and wasn't impressed.

One thing I really like about Costco is that they take American Express.

Buehler445
02-15-2009, 01:08 AM
What's the quality?

I don't know, honestly. But it does taste better than the shit we got at Safeway.

Buehler445
02-15-2009, 01:08 AM
What's a membership to Costco cost?

Frazod
02-15-2009, 01:11 AM
What's a membership to Costco cost?

Around $50 for the basic membership. The money we save buying bulk meat more than makes up for it.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-15-2009, 02:04 AM
Costco is a beautiful thing. There was another thread talking about the power of that membership when purchasing a car even. Get it and don't look back. You'll save 5 times what you pay for it every year. Buy a new car and you'll save a ton more than that. As long as they continue doing business 180 degrees different from Walmart, they'll keep getting my money.

wutamess
02-15-2009, 03:20 AM
there was a some certain items food wise that costco didn't carry, so now we just go to sams.

This.

chiefzilla1501
02-15-2009, 03:30 AM
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there was a controversy over Sam's Club once advertising warehouse pricing, when in fact that wasn't true. While I have never tested it out myself, I have heard some people say that if you actually calculate the per unit cost of a Sam's Club item, sometimes it ends up being more expensive than if you were to buy it a grocery store.

I believe that Costco is a legitimate warehouse. I think they charge warehouse prices and don't mark-up--they make their money on membership fees.

ChiefsCountry
02-15-2009, 03:32 AM
Sams, Walmart & the entire freakin' Walton family are evil.

No they are not. One of the Walton's live in my hometown and she is really nice. She has done alot of our community.

KCChiefsMan
02-15-2009, 03:45 AM
No they are not. One of the Walton's live in my hometown and she is really nice. She has done alot of our community.

yes. they are evil.

Stewie
02-15-2009, 06:37 AM
May 2007
<!--ginsu_info cro/money/shopping/where-to-buy/warehouse-clubs-5-07/overview/0507_ware_ov.htm | 145649,rev2 | srcfile_mod_time: Fri Jan 9 18:07:24 2009 | ginsu_time: Fri Feb 13 14:16:52 2009 ginsu_info-->

<!--ginsu_info cro/money/shopping/where-to-buy/warehouse-clubs-5-07/overview/0507_ware_ov.htm | 145649,rev2 | srcfile_mod_time: Fri Jan 9 18:07:24 2009 | ginsu_time: Fri Feb 13 14:16:52 2009 ginsu_info--> Costco vs. Sam’s Club
New reasons to join or switch

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/resources/images/money/shopping/where-to-buy/warehouse-clubs-5-07/overview/0507_ware_ov1.jpg

Gallon jars of mayonnaise and 30-roll packs of toilet paper have made warehouse clubs seem appropriate mainly for platoon-size families focused on staples. But if you haven’t joined, you could be missing out on a widening range of choices. Today’s clubs not only stock some smaller sizes but also sell a wider range of services and more luxury products. And as always, there are no sweaty palms when you pay: The deals are great, day in and day out.

The nation’s biggest clubs, Costco and Sam’s Club, with 95 million cardholders between them, might seem like clones. But there are differences that can guide your choice if you haven’t joined, or lead you to switch clubs. To determine which one deserves your membership ($40 to $100 a year), we shopped at both, compared their prices with those charged by competitors, interviewed experts, and reviewed data from readers surveyed by the Consumer Reports National Research Center. The highlights:

Despite the clout of Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club’s parent, as the largest retailer on the planet, readers gave higher overall scores to Costco for groceries (better perishables), electronics and small appliances (lower prices), and eyeglasses (better service).
Return policies are generous, but Sam’s Club is superior for electronics. At Sam’s, you have six months to return a computer; you can return anything else anytime. At Costco, you have 90 days to return most electronics, but you can return other purchases anytime.
If you know what to shop for, you can save a lot. In our comparison, club prices were up to 63 percent lower than the average price of other sellers. See Product savings (http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/money/shopping/where-to-buy/warehouse-clubs-5-07/product-savings/0507_ware_flight.htm).
It can be easy to run up your bill. An informal poll of club shoppers who visited our Web site, ConsumerReports.org, suggests that as many as half spent more than they intended.
Low prices do not mean crummy goods. The clubs now sell diamonds and fine wine, Waterford and Swarovski crystal, Coach handbags, and Omega watches. Although some designers are reluctant to sell to clubs for fear of “cheapening” their brand name, more are climbing aboard.
If you order online at www.costco.com (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:Start%28%27http://www.costco.com%27%29) or www.samsclub.com (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:Start%28%27http://www.samsclub.com%27%29), you gain greater choice within a brand and category, and you’ll find hundreds of unusual items such as caskets (at Costco) or a Cessna jet (Sam’s).

THE BIG PICTURE

In stores that cover 130,000 square feet or more, the clubs stock around 4,000 items, a fraction of the number in a supermarket. But they also offer services, such as home mortgage loans, auto financing (the rates were lower than at E-Loan), roadside assistance, cell-phone plans, check printing, real-estate brokerage, vacation packages, event tickets, vision centers, and on-site gas stations. And they have pharmacies, open to members and nonmembers alike. (Sam’s charges $4 for most generic drugs, up to a 30-day supply. Costco charges $10 for 100 pills for most generics.)

About one-fourth of the merchandise is constantly changing, says Michael Clayman, editor of Warehouse Club Focus, a trade publication. By tinkering with the mix and selling goodies such as iTunes gift cards for less than face value, the clubs entice you to come back often and search for new stuff.

Another lure: “road shows,” limited-time offers of unusual goods such as Oriental rugs, grandfather clocks, pianos, and recliners. “Products that are limited in availability make the customer feel that if they have to go home and think about it, it won’t be there tomorrow,” says Pamela Danziger, a consumer-behavior expert.

how they differ

Despite the surface similarities, there are differences between these kings of clubs. Costco has fewer stores than Sam’s, and they tend to be in more affluent locations, experts say, which means higher-income shoppers and fancier merchandise: expensive wines (how about a $1,750 bottle of Château Cheval Blanc Premier Grand Cru Classé?), $100 designer jeans, specialty foods, and store-made meals. During our visits, Costco also had more ritzy brands, such as Joseph Abboud, Kenneth Cole, and Ralph Lauren.

Each club is selling more and more goods under its own labels. Costco offers 330 Kirkland Signature items, from Mediterranean sea salt to cosmetics (made by Borghese). Most sell for at least 20 percent less than name-brand competitors. We have rated highly many Costco products we’ve tested in recent years, including detergents, paper towels, batteries, and gas barbecue grills.

Sam’s Club’s Members Mark line offers 400 items, from infant formula to anodized aluminum cookware (at 50 percent average savings over the national brands). We’ve highly rated Members Mark All Natural Granola with Raisins. Sam’s also sells its own wines under several labels. It does not carry major Wal-Mart brands Great Value and Sam’s Choice.

Industry experts say that Sam’s Club can’t quite shake its reputation of being “in business for small business,” the company’s original slogan, dropped in recognition of the growing importance of other customers. Sam’s has more shopping hours reserved for business members than Costco does. And when we visited, Sam’s still featured a broader selection of products geared to commercial customers, such as restaurant and food service equipment (which home cooks might appreciate, too) and janitorial supplies.

That doesn’t mean Sam’s is frumpy. Besides jewelry and designer items, you’ll see merchandise from Apple, Sony, and Bose. Sam’s has also introduced more than 100 products that claim to be organic or socially responsible, such as “fair trade”certified coffee designed to ensure coffee growers a fair price.

As for store employees themselves, Costco’s appear to be better off. Costco’s average hourly wage is $17.25, employees contribute 10 percent of their health insurance premiums, and the turnover rate is 17 percent. The average hourly wage for full-time Wal-Mart workers is $10.11. A spokeswoman said the hourly pay at Sam’s Club isn’t necessarily the same, though she wouldn’t say what it is. Citing company policy, she also declined to reveal employees’ share of health-care costs and the turnover rate.

Both clubs try to wow shoppers as soon as they step inside with electronics and jewelry. But Sam’s had better sign-age in the stores we visited, with billboards at the head of each aisle, making it easy to find what we were looking for. Sam’s also had a dedicated lane for flatbed carts. None of the stores we visited had express checkouts.

A main difference among services is that Sam’s sells pet insurance and Costco doesn’t. (Consumer Reports doesn’t generally recommend pet insurance.) Other differences: Sam’s Web site features product auctions and accepts orders, which are readied for in-store pickup. The service is free, but you’ll still have to stand in line to pay.

What both offer

In various surveys of Consumer Reports readers, Costco and Sam’s Club have usually earned high scores for low prices. We found exceptional deals, such as a 58-inch Panasonic plasma TV for $500 less than at Sears; and odd ones, such as first-class stamps for less than the post-office price. Savings were also impressive for books, software, groceries, and makeup. But we found better deals online for electronics such as digital cameras and flash memory. And supermarkets offer bigger temporary discounts on basics such as laundry detergent and cereal, sold at a loss to lure shoppers.

Clubs undersell other stores by cutting expenses to the bone and buying huge quantities directly from manufacturers. In addition, club products carry an average profit margin of 11 percent, says Stephen Hoch, marketing professor at the Wharton School of Business; other retailers mark up goods 25 to 50 percent. Clubs make their money on membership fees; price markups cover operating expenses and other overhead, explains Frank Dell, president of Dellmart & Co., a management consulting firm.

In exchange for low prices, club shoppers must live with minuses such as Bunyanesque sizes--6-pound cans of green beans, gallon jugs of blue cheese salad dressing, and multipacks of normal-size containers. Jumbo sizes of snacks can be hazardous to your waistline: You’ll need willpower to go easy on the 30-ounce bags of Doritos and 20-packs of Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches.

Nor do you have a lot of choice within categories. Clubs mostly carry top-selling brands. We saw Bertolli olive oil and Tone’s spices at Sam’s, and Filippo Berio and McCormick at Costco. The mix can change quickly because clubs purchase goods from whatever manufacturer offers the best deal. One week you might find Kellogg’s Raisin Bran, the next week Post, but not both at the same time.

The selection in home electronics, office equipment, clothing, and small appliances can be hit-or-miss. Merchandise turns over rapidly and isn’t always replenished. Colors and sizes might be limited, for instance, to blue or gray polo shirts, and iPods in black or white.

Clubs sometimes feature models not sold elsewhere. We found TV sets, a KitchenAid mixer, and a Dyson vacuum cleaner made exclusively for Sam’s and Costco. The clubs’ version might be similar, but with different colors or accessories. (The mixer had 25 more watts than comparable models sold elsewhere.)

That tactic lets the clubs sell a “unique” product while allowing manufacturers to maintain good relations with retailers selling similar items at a higher price. Seong Ohm, a senior vice president at Sam’s Club, says such “derivative” products always include extras such as faster processing in a computer or additional inputs on an HDTV. Extras are nice, but they make it hard to comparison shop.

Don’t expect help when you shop. Outside the pharmacy, tire, and optical departments, service is virtually nonexistent, and our readers have given clubs generally low marks for service. Nor do warehouse clubs accept manufacturers’ coupons, supply shopping bags, or have fitting rooms.

Although products you order online are shipped to your home (coffins can go to the specified funeral home), you have to haul store-bought merchandise yourself. That includes large items.

How to shop smart

If you control the urge to splurge, club membership can pay off. Here are tips to help you win the warehouse-club game:

Make a list and stick to it.
Know how to identify super-bargains. At Costco, “.97” at the end of a price generally indicates discontinued or slow-moving products. At Sam’s, a “C” at the end of the item number denotes a canceled item.
Compare the club’s unit prices to those at your supermarket for heavily discounted staples. Supermarkets might be less expensive.
For big-ticket items, compare the club price to that of other retailers by going to sites such as PriceGrabber.com or BizRate.
Consider splitting large buys with friends. Otherwise, don’t buy in bulk perishables or medications with a short shelf life (check the expiration dates). You’ll end up tossing a lot away.
Try unfamiliar products judiciously. You don’t want to get stuck with, say, a gallon of Brand X Vidalia onion salad dressing.
Pay with cash; it’s a reality check on how much you’re spending.
Shop on weekdays, preferably when the store opens or in midafternoon. That’s when crowds tend to be lighter.
Not sure about joining? In many states you can request a day pass at Sam's Club and pay a surcharge, typically 10 percent over what members pay. Costco used to have a similar program, but discontinued it. Now, only members can purchase there.

Rukdafaidas
02-15-2009, 06:38 AM
yes. they are evil.

I personally try to shop from local businesses, instead of Walmart, when I can.

But, the Walton's are far from evil, according to several people I've talked to that knew them. All of these people say the Walton's were down-to-earth, very nice people, that did a lot for NW Arkansas. I say all of this in past tense, because I'm talking about the Sam Walton era, when the Walton's actually had some control over the company. I don't know much about his kids.

Some of the stories about Sam Walton are hilarious. He was the richest man in the US and he would still hop in his '78 or '79 Ford pickup and drive to the local diner to meet his buddies for coffee every morning.

Here's a good story. I worked for a newspaper in SW Missouri, while in high school (1987). We were asked to go to NW Arkansas in an attempt to build a route there. We went door-to-door trying to sell subscriptions. While driving around, we found the Walton house and drove right up to the front door. I got out and rang the door bell. An older lady, who I assume was Mrs. Walton, answered the door and was very friendly to me. She didn't buy the paper (she said they already had 7 different newspaper subscriptions) but she was very polite. She definitely didn't seem evil. I mean there were no horns or anything like that.

Fire Me Boy!
02-15-2009, 06:42 AM
When I renewed, I got trial membership to Costco. Looked around quite a bit, taking notes on what they had that Sam's didn't and vice versa.

Renewed at Sam's because while Costco had some things I wanted, Sam's had more of what I needed.

BigMeatballDave
02-15-2009, 07:09 AM
I've never been to a Costco. The nearest one to me is 35 miles.

Deberg_1990
02-15-2009, 07:30 AM
Costco has fewer stores than Sam’s, and they tend to be in more affluent locations, experts say, which means higher-income shoppers and fancier merchandise

As for store employees themselves, Costco’s appear to be better off. Costco’s average hourly wage is $17.25, employees contribute 10 percent of their health insurance premiums, and the turnover rate is 17 percent. The average hourly wage for full-time Wal-Mart workers is $10.11. A spokeswoman said the hourly pay at Sam’s Club isn’t necessarily the same, though she wouldn’t say what it is. Citing company policy, she also declined to reveal employees’ share of health-care costs and the turnover rate.

hahaha, why am i not shocked??

bevis369
02-15-2009, 08:00 AM
Compare Sam's to Walmart and Costco to Target and make up your mind on which one you like better...

WilliamTheIrish
02-15-2009, 09:38 AM
I can't believe anybody buys meat from either of those shithouses. Know thy butcher.

GoTrav
02-15-2009, 09:53 AM
what are the products that make sense to purchase in bulk. baby formula, beer, cashews, beef jerky

Buehler445
02-15-2009, 11:17 AM
what are the products that make sense to purchase in bulk.

Thing's I've had success with:
TP
Paper towels
Canned Veggies
Olives (Wife eats them like candy)
Breakfast Bars
Snack Items (chips, jerkey, cheese dip etc)
meat (as I mentioned before)
Cardstock
Office Supplies (pens, copy paper, etc)
Razors
Soap
Detergent
Fabric softener

Pretty much anything not perishable that you have room for. If you do get something perishable, make sure you can get through it. One would assume that with a baby on the way, diapers, formula, babyfood would be pretty high on your list.

MahiMike
02-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Costco is awesome. No competition.

Phobia
02-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there was a controversy over Sam's Club once advertising warehouse pricing, when in fact that wasn't true. While I have never tested it out myself, I have heard some people say that if you actually calculate the per unit cost of a Sam's Club item, sometimes it ends up being more expensive than if you were to buy it a grocery store.

I believe that Costco is a legitimate warehouse. I think they charge warehouse prices and don't mark-up--they make their money on membership fees.

That's not correct. Costco has a set markup on product. They refuse to exceed a certain margin. I think it's 12% or thereabouts.

Bugeater
02-15-2009, 01:02 PM
That's not correct. Costco has a set markup on product. They refuse to exceed a certain margin. I think it's 12% or thereabouts.

I know at one point Sam's claimed the same thing, but that was a long time ago. It's probably changed since then.

Phobia
02-15-2009, 01:04 PM
The only thing I've found to dislike about Costco is I'll get hooked on a product and then they'll stop carrying it. For instance, they used to have a jalapeno marble cheese that was amazing. They switched it out for a habenaro yellow cheese with a bitter aftertaste. They used to carry pedestal sinks and travertine stone tile. No longer.

I realize that things change and products are seasonal but when I see something in the store in November and decide to buy in January, I expect it to be there.

Costco has milk for just over $2 these days which is more than $1 less than grocery stores.

Phobia
02-15-2009, 01:06 PM
I know at one point Sam's claimed the same thing, but that was a long time ago. It's probably changed since then.

Costco is 14% for most products and 15% for Kirkland products. Just looked it up.

Frazod
02-15-2009, 01:21 PM
I can't believe anybody buys meat from either of those shithouses. Know thy butcher.

Well, I know thy butcher charges about four times as much for the hamburger and chicken I buy at Costco, which at the end of the day is just hamburger and chicken. It's not like I'm buying steaks there.

t3chiefs
02-16-2009, 07:09 PM
i have been to both, i have found that sam's club's food is like the food was from the pile that was rejected to go out
but costco is like wegmas, kingsupers, stop and shop, or giant
i would deffinitely go to costco
jelly lasts a while, so i would definitley get jelly in bulk

t3chiefs
02-16-2009, 07:11 PM
sams club is soooo much better

t3chiefs
02-16-2009, 07:11 PM
sorry i meant costco is soooo much better

t3chiefs
02-16-2009, 07:12 PM
sams club is awsome

t3chiefs
02-16-2009, 07:12 PM
k

Phobia
02-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Looks like we have somebody trying to get to 100 posts quickly.

Simplex3
02-16-2009, 07:14 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z8zNsUTWsOc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z8zNsUTWsOc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Delano
02-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Looks like we have somebody trying to get to 100 posts quickly.

I'm surprised he condensed all of those thoughts into post 56. That was good for at least four individual posts.

Frazod
02-16-2009, 07:25 PM
I guess we can expect a fresh barrage of gay porn later. I'll just put the cocksucker on ignore now so I don't have to worry about it later.

memyselfI
02-16-2009, 08:43 PM
We have both and have for years. They each have their good points and bad but for the most part the break down is like this:

Costco for better meat, apparel, home furnishings, high quality generic brand, awesome 'light' kettle chips that can be found nowhere else. They also sold pita chips before Sams. I hate their cakes with the mousse filling. More high end deli and frozen foods.

Sams Club for less expensive baby items, pet items, paper products, bakery goods, cleaning products, produce, office products, awesome clearance deals.

We are lucky because we have both within a half mile from each other so we go to both on the same trip.

Buehler445
02-16-2009, 08:47 PM
I guess we can expect a fresh barrage of gay porn later. I'll just put the cocksucker on ignore now so I don't have to worry about it later.

It is actually Unlurking's kid. He mentions it in the Movies thread. He wants to play in the casino.

Bugeater
02-16-2009, 08:51 PM
It is actually Unlurking's kid. He mentions it in the Movies thread. He wants to play in the casino.
Well he's re-lurking now, someone already banned him.

Frazod
02-16-2009, 08:52 PM

Thanks for the heads-up. Looked like Marlboro Chief setting us up for another fun-filled evening of his home photos.

Welcome to the BB, t3chiefs.

Oops, nevermind. Looks like he got banned. Ouch. :D

HemiEd
02-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Not possible up here, the meat is worse in the local stores and double the money.

HemiEd
02-16-2009, 09:06 PM
Well, I know thy butcher charges about four times as much for the hamburger and chicken I buy at Costco, which at the end of the day is just hamburger and chicken. It's not like I'm buying steaks there.I do, and I buy those big tenderloins and cut them up into filets. They are awesome, been doing it for a lot of years.

Frazod
02-16-2009, 09:08 PM
I do, and I buy those big tenderloins and cut them up into filets. They are awesome, been doing it for a lot of years.

I'll have to try that.

Or maybe just come over when you're cooking.... :D

Phobia
02-16-2009, 09:10 PM

Unlurking is gonna have to send a mod a message for verification because I dumped him due to suspicious posting activity.

Thig Lyfe
02-16-2009, 09:10 PM
I NEED 40 GALLONS OF MAYO RIGHT NOW

SORRY SIR MAYO ONLY COMES IN QUANTITIES OF 80 AND 240 GALLONS

OH... I GUESS I'LL TAKE THE 240

THAT'LL BE $5.99

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

HemiEd
02-16-2009, 09:18 PM
I'll have to try that.

Or maybe just come over when you're cooking.... :D

We can do that, you have had some Sams meat over here. :D

Frazod
02-16-2009, 09:22 PM
We can do that, you have had some Sams meat over here. :D

In that case, I heartily approve of this plan. :thumb:

stlchiefs
02-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Unlurking is gonna have to send a mod a message for verification because I dumped him due to suspicious posting activity.

Man Skip, not giving the n00bs any slack tonight huh? :D

Actually I'm all for a quick trigger finger if it keeps away the gay pron, that shit was bad.