PDA

View Full Version : Life Stupid me...

Fire Me Boy!
02-15-2009, 04:36 AM
OK, so feeling pretty ****ing dumb right now.

The wife and I were out looking at a new couch/loveseat yesterday, as well as a headboard for the bed. We took a while longer than we intended and ended up deciding to buy something as they were closing. In my rush to get out of there, I completely forgot to haggle.

So now, I'm kinda regretting the purchase. I actually have until Tuesday to cancel the order... should I go back and tell them that another store offered me the same stuff at a lower price (or offered to throw in the warranty for free) and I'd like to cancel, or just use it as a learning experience?

big nasty kcnut
02-15-2009, 05:06 AM
Lie to them it's all about bbd the bigger better deal. Tell you found a better deal about 20% cheaper then them. Tell if they dropped 50 to 75 dollars off the the price then you'll stay with them otherwise leave and you and the mrs. Fmb can get a better deal. It's alway good to screw some salesperson before they screw you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fire Me Boy!
02-15-2009, 06:36 AM
Well shit. Sunday paper has better deals starting today anyway. I'm going when they open and say match it or cancel the order.

Rausch
02-15-2009, 07:05 AM
Well shit. Sunday paper has better deals starting today anyway. I'm going when they open and say match it or cancel the order.

When you want to return always flatter the sales rep.

"I wasn't really thinking about it...but...it looked great and the guy was telling me A, B, and C about it and...It just seemed like a good deal at the time."

He had a goal and you didn't. You lost.

Now you do and he doesn't, he's trying to save a sale.

He's on the defensive.

"But now I that I've looked at our finances it's just too much. I love the (whatever) but I can't afford it right now. Is (guy/gal that sold it to me) here?"

Flattery. Sales is all about confidence and determination. Play into both.

THEN throw in "angry wife." If your sunday add shows that thing cheaper have the wife play bad cop. The wife always plays a better bad cop.

"I'd been holding back because my husband wanted this but the sunday add says bla bla bla..."

He'll fold. The only thing worse than hearing his wife bitch is having to hear someone else's wife bitch...

Fire Me Boy!
02-15-2009, 07:31 AM

"I wasn't really thinking about it...but...it looked great and the guy was telling me A, B, and C about it and...It just seemed like a good deal at the time."

He's on the defensive.

"But now I that I've looked at our finances it's just too much. I love the (whatever) but I can't afford it right now. Is (guy/gal that sold it to me) here?"

THEN throw in "angry wife." If your sunday add shows that thing cheaper have the wife play bad cop. The wife always plays a better bad cop.

"I'd been holding back because my husband wanted this but the sunday add says bla bla bla..."

He'll fold. The only thing worse than hearing his wife bitch is having to hear someone else's wife bitch...

Salesperson last night actually didn't "sell" me on anything. We found what we wanted and we bought it. But because I was trying to get out of there quickly since they were closed I was more worried about than getting a deal.

In any case, not too worried. Wife and I neither one are in love with what we bought. I think I'm just going to go in and say we found a better deal. Match it or cancel.

I'm not really into games.

bevis369
02-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Craigslist...

Bad economy good deals...

rad
02-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Craigslist...

Bad economy good deals...

.......where you can buy a scurvy, cumstained used sofa and a gutter-slut to stab to death with your pork-sword....all in one place.

Skip Towne
02-15-2009, 08:59 AM
.......where you can buy a scurvy, cumstained used sofa and a gutter-slut to stab to death with your pork-sword....all in one place.

How much do you want for it?

Comanche
02-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Deal's a deal. Enjoy what you have. There are people in Africa sitting on rocks. Sounds like "buyer's remorse", you will get over it. Who cares if you can get a few dollars off somewhere else? It is more hassle to haul all the stuff back than the potential savings is worth. The store sold you the stuff in good faith, you should honor the agreement and not try to hold them up to save a few bucks.

OK, so feeling pretty ****ing dumb right now.

The wife and I were out looking at a new couch/loveseat yesterday, as well as a headboard for the bed. We took a while longer than we intended and ended up deciding to buy something as they were closing. In my rush to get out of there, I completely forgot to haggle.

So now, I'm kinda regretting the purchase. I actually have until Tuesday to cancel the order... should I go back and tell them that another store offered me the same stuff at a lower price (or offered to throw in the warranty for free) and I'd like to cancel, or just use it as a learning experience?

QuikSsurfer
02-15-2009, 11:05 AM
The first thing I thought of

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xm7K4VM_7Rg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xm7K4VM_7Rg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

rad
02-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Deal's a deal. Enjoy what you have. There are people in Africa sitting on rocks. Sounds like "buyer's remorse", you will get over it. Who cares if you can get a few dollars off somewhere else? It is more hassle to haul all the stuff back than the potential savings is worth. The store sold you the stuff in good faith, you should honor the agreement and not try to hold them up to save a few bucks.

But then the store wins.

When the store wins, the terrorists win.

Fire Me Boy!
02-15-2009, 11:13 AM

It was ordered. Nothing's been shipped. And the store made a point of telling me (three times) that I could cancel the order at any time for any reason, no penalty and no questions.

chiefforlife
02-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Shop BEFORE you buy, not after. You bought it because you like it and could afford it. Nothing wrong with letting other people eat too.

blueballs
02-15-2009, 12:15 PM
A man is only as good as his word
send the wife

Fire Me Boy!
02-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Well that was easy, and I feel a lot better about the buy.

I actually went to Rooms to Go first, the place with the better sale. I showed them what I got, and asked what they could do to sweeten the deal.

Then I went back to Ashley Furniture and said here it is. The manager said, "What do I have to do to keep you here?" I told him, and it wasn't a lot, and he made the difference. Ended up saving about 15 percent overall. And on a $1500 purchase, that's couple hundred.

And we had a nice chat about the Chiefs and Tyler Thigpen (I went in wearing a Chiefs hat). Apparently, Ashley Furniture is stocking his newly purchased house here in MB.

Gracie Dean
03-22-2009, 04:42 PM

boy life is perfect in your little world isn't it.

Must be hard being perfect all the time.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Salesperson last night actually didn't "sell" me on anything. We found what we wanted and we bought it. But because I was trying to get out of there quickly since they were closed I was more worried about than getting a deal.

In any case, not too worried. Wife and I neither one are in love with what we bought. I think I'm just going to go in and say we found a better deal. Match it or cancel.

I'm not really into games.

I would say that if you're not in love with it, cancel it regardless.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-22-2009, 04:47 PM

Spoken like a true car salesman.

Fire Me Boy!
03-22-2009, 05:12 PM
I would say that if you're not in love with it, cancel it regardless.

Nah, I don't let myself get in love with things like couches and TVs.

We ended up getting them to give some extras, and hvae the couch/loveseat in the house already.

Demonpenz
03-22-2009, 05:34 PM
your money you earned it. whatever

Bowser
03-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Spoken like a true car salesman.

My first thought...

Bugeater
03-22-2009, 05:47 PM
boy life is perfect in your little world isn't it.

Must be hard being perfect all the time.
You bumped a month old thread just to snipe at someone?

mdstu
03-22-2009, 06:41 PM
It might be because of his D-bag act over in Sully's teaching thread.

Gracie Dean
03-22-2009, 06:43 PM
It might be because of his D-bag act over in Sully's teaching thread.

yup, and then I was curious as to his other posts and noticed he was just as smug on those as well!

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-22-2009, 06:44 PM

He's on the defensive.

Yes , and then just happen to let him see your concealed handgun permit and mention that youforgot to take your medication today!

rad
03-23-2009, 06:15 AM
Spoken like a true greasy used-car salesman.

FYP

Katipan
03-23-2009, 07:05 AM
A man is only as good as his word
send the wife

ROFL That was horrible.