PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs A great position to be in kcchiefs.com

SenselessChiefsFan
02-17-2009, 09:20 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/02/17/a_great_position_to_be_in/

To sum up, lots of teams looking for QB's. Few available. Stafford will be gone. Sanchez probably not worth the third pick.

Much of what has been said in here. Nothing that profound.

In fact, the most telling thing is that the Chiefs own website says that Sanchez probably won't be taken at #3, and isn't a lock in the top 10.

Just further confirmation that the ONLY people that think Sanchez is worth anywhere near the third pick are the fans on this board that have rationalized reaching for Sanchez because he happens to play QB.

Anyways, good info in the article, but pretty much all of it has been posted in here before.

OnTheWarpath15
02-17-2009, 09:26 AM
The most telling thing? You have no idea how the draft works, do you?

No one, and I mean NO ONE is going to say what they really think right now.

They never do. From the combine on, it's nothing but a huge game.

Smokescreens. Lies. Deception.

Even if they DID know what direction they are heading, they are as hell are not going to share that with Jonathan fucking Rand.

Oh, and you missed this:

The opinions offered in this column do not necessarily reflect those of the Kansas City Chiefs.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-17-2009, 09:38 AM

Even if they DID know what direction they are heading, they are as hell are not going to share that with Jonathan ****ing Rand.

Oh, and you missed this:

LOL. Actually I know how the draft works and how PR works. Do you think that it would benefit the Chiefs in any way to put doubt in the fans mind as to whether Sanchez is worth the third pick in the draft and then actually take him?

Now, the 'opinions' in the article may not reflect what the Chiefs think... but guess what? They approve EVERYTHING that goes on that website. Do you think that they want the fans questioning whether Sanchez is worth the pick, if they have any intentions on taking him at #3?

Of course teams like to deflect, but they will do it by talking other guys up, not talking the guy they like down.

Fine line there, but hopefully you can understand the difference.

Pioli Zombie
02-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Oh there's trouble. There's trouble in River City. That starts with T that rhymes with P that stands for Paranoid
Posted via Mobile Device

sel1965
02-17-2009, 09:49 AM
I can't remember if my phone has ever rang on draft day, or if I have ever received a call from someone in the war room on draft day, or if any member of the Kansas City Chiefs scouting department or upper management has ever asked who I thought they should draft. I believe what I am trying to say is the Chiefs could care less who we think they should draft. They are going to draft who they feel is the best available football player at that position. Out opinions do not matter. We are just wasting our breath.

DaKCMan AP
02-17-2009, 09:53 AM
It's insensible to take anything coming from the Chiefs that's draft related as more than a grain of salt.

No big surprise that the OP is, as usual, insensible.

ChiefRon
02-17-2009, 09:59 AM
LOL. Actually I know how the draft works and how PR works. Do you think that it would benefit the Chiefs in any way to put doubt in the fans mind as to whether Sanchez is worth the third pick in the draft and then actually take him?

Now, the 'opinions' in the article may not reflect what the Chiefs think... but guess what? They approve EVERYTHING that goes on that website. Do you think that they want the fans questioning whether Sanchez is worth the pick, if they have any intentions on taking him at #3?

Of course teams like to deflect, but they will do it by talking other guys up, not talking the guy they like down.

Fine line there, but hopefully you can understand the difference.

Bullshit

Pioli Zombie
02-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Please remember Piolis background. In New England the media and the fans never had a clue who the Patriots were going to pick. Nobody ever got it right because it was their job to keep everything secretive and deceptive because that's how you effectively win the draft game so I agree with the earlier post that we are wasting a lot of energy. I almost gaurantee from experience watching patriot drafts what they end up doing will probably surprise and first piss a lot of you off but in the end it will turn out to be a great draft.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dark Horse
02-17-2009, 10:12 AM
I can't remember if my phone has ever rang on draft day, or if I have ever received a call from someone in the war room on draft day, or if any member of the Kansas City Chiefs scouting department or upper management has ever asked who I thought they should draft. I believe what I am trying to say is the Chiefs could care less who we think they should draft. They are going to draft who they feel is the best available football player at that position. Out opinions do not matter. We are just wasting our breath.

Yeh but it's so much fun.

Just Passin' By
02-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Please remember Piolis background. In New England the media and the fans never had a clue who the Patriots were going to pick. Nobody ever got it right because it was their job to keep everything secretive and deceptive because that's how you effectively win the draft game so I agree with the earlier post that we are wasting a lot of energy. I almost gaurantee from experience watching patriot drafts what they end up doing will probably surprise and first piss a lot of you off but in the end it will turn out to be a great draft.
Posted via Mobile Device

Michael Holley called the Mayo pick before the draft. For all the secrecy that the Patriots attempt to maintain, sometimes things do leak out. I'm in no way saying that this article is an example of that, however. If it is, I'd expect that the writer is currently looking for a new job.

Pioli Zombie
02-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Oh boy. That's one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old Dog
02-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Bullshit

That pretty much summed it up

SenselessChiefsFan
02-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree. I think it is one thing not to tip your hand. It is another to allow a column on the team website that says a player isn't worth the third pick and then take him with the third pick.

Rooster
02-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Our opinions do not matter. We are just wasting our breath.

Shhhhh This is Chiefs Planet. Many here think they matter.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-17-2009, 10:21 AM
It's insensible to take anything coming from the Chiefs that's draft related as more than a grain of salt.

No big surprise that the OP is, as usual, insensible.

Typically agree. But, this is a bit different. This is the company website saying that Sanchez isn't worth the third pick.

I don't think the Chiefs put that doubt in fans' minds if they had any intention of taking him at #3.

But, look me up on draft day if it happens. I'll be here.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Shhhhh This is Chiefs Planet. Many here think they matter.

Absolutely. However, I doubt the Chiefs actually put doubt in the fans mind that Sanchez is worth the #3 pick if they have any intentions of taking him with the #3 pick.

DaKCMan AP
02-17-2009, 10:24 AM
Typically agree. But, this is a bit different. This is the company website saying that Sanchez isn't worth the third pick.

I don't think the Chiefs put that doubt in fans' minds if they had any intention of taking him at #3.

It's an individual writer stating such. I doubt that Pioli/Haley pay attention to what some writer says and I doubt said writer would work for a company that censors his articles.

RealSNR
02-17-2009, 10:26 AM
I think Sanchez is BETTER than Stafford actually.

But that's just me.

Rooster
02-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Absolutely. However, I doubt the Chiefs actually put doubt in the fans mind that Sanchez is worth the #3 pick if they have any intentions of taking him with the #3 pick.

I think you are looking for something in the article that simply isn't there. Implied, reverse mojo, or otherwise.

RustShack
02-17-2009, 10:39 AM
This douche can STILL post threads!?

ModSocks
02-17-2009, 10:39 AM
Even if the article does put doubts in fans minds, those doubts will be quickly erased if the Chiefs do draft him. Remember, in Pioli we Trust. All it takes is Pioli and all the talking heads to say that Sanchez is the next best thing to Tom Brady and those Sanchez jerseys will be flying off the shelf. You're reading into this too much.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-17-2009, 10:40 AM
It's an individual writer stating such. I doubt that Pioli/Haley pay attention to what some writer says and I doubt said writer would work for a company that censors his articles.

I dissagree completely. The Chiefs website is little more than PR. Same as Soren Petro on the redzone show. Even Soren himself has said he was given instructions to get certain information out to the public.

He could have written the same article without putting doubt into the fans mind about whether Sanchez is worth the third overall pick.

The Chiefs could have easily asked him to do that.

This isn't some KCStar columnist. This is the column that is on the Chiefs website.

I think there is a distinction there.

RustShack
02-17-2009, 10:42 AM
This has got to be the most insensible dude on the the board.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Even if the article does put doubts in fans minds, those doubts will be quickly erased if the Chiefs do draft him. Remember, in Pioli we Trust. All it takes is Pioli and all the talking heads to say that Pioli is the next best thing to Tom Brady and those Sanchez jerseys will be flying off the shelf. You're reading into this too much.

Perhaps. I am on the side that thinks that Sanchez is not worth the third overall pick. So, perhaps I am just looking for further confirmation. (though, it isn't hard to find, no one other than guys on this board seem to think he is worth the 3rd pick in the draft)

raybec 4
02-17-2009, 10:43 AM
I am just amazed that there is even a thread about the ramblings of Johnathan fuckin Rand. His opinion is no more valued than any of ours. Anyone who things that is a sign of things to come, regardless of who they draft in April, is naive. I would put just as much stock in a WPI article from Nick Athan.

Chiefnj2
02-17-2009, 10:45 AM
If Stafford is worth a top 3 pick then Sanchez is worth a top 3. You just have to realize it will likely take longer to develop Sanchez.

There are a lot of players in this years draft that are better at their respective position than Stafford is at QB. Once things get shuffled to account for positional value is when things get messy.

ChiefRon
02-17-2009, 10:45 AM
I think you are looking for something in the article that simply isn't there. Implied, reverse mojo, or otherwise.

Bingo

ChiefsCountry
02-17-2009, 10:46 AM
I am just amazed that there is even a thread about the ramblings of Johnathan ****in Rand. His opinion is no more valued than any of ours. Anyone who things that is a sign of things to come, regardless of who they draft in April, is naive. I would put just as much stock in a WPI article from Nick "Assclown" Athan.

No kidding most of the opinions on KCChiefs.com have been shot down by the organization.

ChiefRon
02-17-2009, 10:49 AM
This just kills me.

"Mark Sanchez, from Southern California, has too many caution signs for a top five pick. He’s only started one season, hardly a resume on which to stake a franchise’s future, and seems to have declared for the draft to take advantage of a weak quarterback crop. He’s no lock for the top 10, and Freeman likely will go somewhere around 20th."

So what exactly are the "caution" signs? That he only started one season and declared for the draft to take advantage of a weak QB draft?

That's it?

If those are his weaknesses, we should be so lucky to land him.

Dark Horse
02-17-2009, 10:54 AM
I would equate our need for a QB to a person on a transplant list waiting for a kidney. Sure we can live without it for a while dialysis etc. but it sure would make life a whole lot easier if we had it.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-17-2009, 10:57 AM
No kidding most of the opinions on KCChiefs.com have been shot down by the organization.

True, but 'most' of the opinions have been in support of the people already in place.

It wasn't a criticism of Pioli or Haley, and then the Chiefs went out and hired these guys.

It was all PR. I think it was all preparing us in case the Chiefs felt it was best to keep the current staff in lieu of hiring someone so late in the offseason.

I have yet to see the Chiefs website criticize someone and then they hire or get that person. I have never seen that from any organization.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-17-2009, 11:01 AM
I would equate our need for a QB to a person on a transplant list waiting for a kidney. Sure we can live without it for a while dialysis etc. but it sure would make life a whole lot easier if we had it.

I will not question whether the Chiefs 'need' a franchise QB. I do think Super Bowls can be won without one, but it is a rare occaision.

I do not think Thigpen is that guy. So, that means I agree that the Chiefs need a franchise QB.

I wish Bradford had come out. I felt like Stafford and Bradford were worth the 3rd overall pick.

I do not feel that Sanchez is. Remember, teams get one shot at a college QB. Many QB's have had one good season to flame out the next.

Also, Sanchez's best games came with more than one week to prepare.

Oh, and lets not forget that even Pete Carroll said he wasn't ready.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-17-2009, 11:03 AM
If Stafford is worth a top 3 pick then Sanchez is worth a top 3. You just have to realize it will likely take longer to develop Sanchez.

There are a lot of players in this years draft that are better at their respective position than Stafford is at QB. Once things get shuffled to account for positional value is when things get messy.

I would much rather have a great linebacker or WR, than a bust that we can all call our 'Franchise QB'... until he is cut after five years.

sel1965
02-17-2009, 11:07 AM
What is really going to be fun is reading all the threads by upset chiefs fans once the draft is over. We can sit here and talk all we want and go back an fourth but all it boils down to is the Chiefs are going to pick who they want not who we want them too.

Dark Horse
02-17-2009, 11:08 AM
I will not question whether the Chiefs 'need' a franchise QB. I do think Super Bowls can be won without one, but it is a rare occaision.

I do not think Thigpen is that guy. So, that means I agree that the Chiefs need a franchise QB.

I wish Bradford had come out. I felt like Stafford and Bradford were worth the 3rd overall pick.

I do not feel that Sanchez is. Remember, teams get one shot at a college QB. Many QB's have had one good season to flame out the next.

I'm really not advocating taking anyone in particular. With a pick this high however I'm holding out hope we can get the next great QB.

penguinz
02-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Oh, and lets not forget that even Pete Carroll said he wasn't ready.When Carroll said 'he' wasn't ready the 'he' that was being talked about was Pete. He thought he has sanchez for another season and now has to start find a new QB. :p

soundmind
02-17-2009, 11:15 AM
I'd quote someone, but I'd have to include 50 different participants...but we likely won't have the 3rd pick, they will trade for Cassel, or simply trade down for more picks and select someone later in the first, or beyond...

I'd be alarmed if we don't draft a QB, but if we somehow...through hell and highwater....end up keeping and utilizing that pick, we will take Aaron Curry, assuming he fits our yet to be determined front office ideals.

Reerun_KC
02-17-2009, 11:15 AM
This thread is Ghey and sensible is leading the circle jerk....

ROFL

Funny how any pick He wants isnt going to be a bust, like a great WR or dominate LB, but a QB is automatically going to bust...

Ryan Sims anyone?

Reerun_KC
02-17-2009, 11:16 AM
I'd quote someone, but I'd have to include 50 different participants...but we likely won't have the 3rd pick, they will trade for Cassel, or simply trade down for more picks and select someone later in the first, or beyond...

I'd be alarmed if we don't draft a QB, but if we somehow...through hell and highwater....end up keeping and utilizing that pick, we will take Aaron Curry, assuming he fits our yet to be determined front office ideals.

Any why is that? That is a huge risk taking an OLB with the #3 overall pick.... Especially one that doesnt rush the passer...

And please with your knowledge tell me the last time an OLB was taken in the top 3...

soundmind
02-17-2009, 11:16 AM
When Carroll said 'he' wasn't ready the 'he' that was being talked about was Pete. He thought he has sanchez for another season and now has to start find a new QB. :p

That was my original thought, not so much that Sanchez wasn't ready - but that Carroll was pissed he just lost the next Heisman trophy winner....and was being left with a BIG void...

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-17-2009, 11:19 AM

Even if they DID know what direction they are heading, they are as hell are not going to share that with Jonathan fucking Rand.

Oh, and you missed this:

WORD.

This douche can STILL post threads!?

It's beneficial to get a pulse on the "good enough is good enough"-contingent of the Chiefs Nation; it shows you and I how much work we have ahead of us.
It's a "gauge of excellence"( or the lack thereof ), so to speak.

soundmind
02-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Any why is that?

Curry?

I'm an OLine junkie, but to take another OT in the first round without addressing defense in that position would scare me, and Curry looks like the real deal...I just don't see a DE that high that makes me gitty....yet. It's all speculation.

**I didn't get to watch a ton of Wake games**, however, living in NY last year I had a different viewing area and caught that Clemson game he freaked out in. The guy was in on what seemed like 90% of the tackles, and played out of his mind - I want to say 2 fumbles and 1 int....if we can harness that, he's an impact player by the halfway point in the season.

soundmind
02-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Any why is that? That is a huge risk taking an OLB with the #3 overall pick.... Especially one that doesnt rush the passer...

And please with your knowledge tell me the last time an OLB was taken in the top 3...

What positions are deemed worthy to be taken at #3...QB/OT/DE only?

That's ridiculous...if the guy is an impact player, and you need help at LB, there's nothing wrong with that selection...again, presuming we don't address defense in FA heavily...which I think we may.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-17-2009, 11:28 AM

Oh, and let's not forget that even Pete Carroll said he wasn't ready, and then apologized a day or two later for his asinine remarks, yes.

Reerun_KC
Curry?

I'm an OLine junkie, but to take another OT in the first round without addressing defense in that position would scare me, and Curry looks like the real deal...I just don't see a DE that high that makes me gitty....yet. It's all speculation.

**I didn't get to watch a ton of Wake games**, however, living in NY last year I had a different viewing area and caught that Clemson game he freaked out in. The guy was in on what seemed like 90% of the tackles, and played out of his mind - I want to say 2 fumbles and 1 int....if we can harness that, he's an impact player by the halfway point in the season.

Yeah Curry, You know most of America didnt get to watch most of or any WF games.. Curry wasnt even mentioned until Kiper or McShay ballwashed him on TV one morning then. Boom everybody is an automatically a OLB expert and Curry is the new cant miss flavor of the current month...

Franchises in our position cant afford to build a championship team with an OLB.. We need leadership and someone to guide the offense.. Yes I know its not Carls way of doing things, and that is causing mass panic amongst the fanbase. But if Clark says we need to draft a Franchise QB, then we might just need to.

I want to take a proven route to the championship, not draft scared and have zero desire to win a superbowl like Carl and his cronies wasted the last 20 years for us...

RustShack

That's ridiculous...if the guy is an impact player, and you need help at LB, there's nothing wrong with that selection...again, presuming we don't address defense in FA heavily...which I think we may.

Coverage LB's aren't worth that high of a pick.

Coogs
I would much rather have a great linebacker or WR, than a bust that we can all call our 'Franchise QB'... until he is cut after five years.

This is just wrong on so many levels.

ChiefRon
02-17-2009, 11:29 AM

Ok.

We get it.

You're scared of Sanchez, so you would just wait until next year, hoping we have a shot at Bradford.

God I'm glad you're not the GM, or we would have to start the firetheinsensiblechiefsgm.com website

RustShack
02-17-2009, 11:30 AM
I would rather have a great QB than a bust LB or WR :evil:

Reerun_KC
02-17-2009, 11:30 AM

Pretty much, because those are impact players and players worthy of that choice. Those 3 are cornerstones of your franchise, positions of high value, high pay and immediate impact.

Hell even the best LB in his draft was Johnson. We "luckly" got him and the dude is a no show 75% of the time... Where is that first round value?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-17-2009, 11:31 AM
It's the 90's!!!! Yay!!!!!

Step 1) Build up every aspect of the team except QB, then add Grbac-like flunky for maximum suckage!!!!!
Step 2) Get ass completely WHIPPED in the playoffs by a team that has a legitimate QB!!!

Yay!!!!!!!

ChiefRon
Oh, and let's not forget that even Pete Carroll said he wasn't ready, and then apologized a day or two later for his asinine remarks, yes.

Are we talking about the same guy that said Sanchez is the most talented QB he's ever had at USC? And yes, he meant more talent/potential than Palmer...

Reerun_KC
I would rather have a great QB than a bust LB or WR :evil:

:doh!:

God what the hell is wrong with these guys?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Are we talking about the same guy that said Sanchez is the most talented QB he's ever had at USC? And yes, he meant more talent/potential than Palmer...

'Dat be da' one! :thumb:

RustShack
02-17-2009, 11:32 AM
We spent a top five pick on defense last year, Dorsey is our defensive cornerstone. This years top pick needs to be our QB.

Reerun_KC
02-17-2009, 11:33 AM

Yes whom whined because Sanchez was leaving and costing him a shot at a NC...

Some people need to read the Sanchez interview... I swear, they dont read anything to educate themselves, they just post random shit they heard at the barbershop and expect it to fly...

ChiefRon
02-17-2009, 11:34 AM

God what the hell is wrong with these guys?

I blame Carl Peterson. He's beaten them down to make them afraid of drafting a QB. Very afraid.

I'm waiting to hear them say "We should go after Garcia"...

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-17-2009, 11:34 AM
We spent a top five pick on defense last year, Dorsey is our defensive cornerstone. This years top pick needs to be our QB.

But..but...Dorsey's a bust! The banana tree-humping True Fans SAID SO!!!!

Must...keep...drafting......Defense!

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Yes whom whined because Sanchez was leaving and costing him a shot at a NC...

Some people need to read the Sanchez interview... I swear, they dont read anything to educate themselves, they just post random shit they heard at the beauty parlor, under the hair dryers, and expect it to fly...

FYP.

ChiefRon
02-17-2009, 11:36 AM
But..but...Dorsey's a bust! The banana tree-humping True Fans SAID SO!!!!

And we can win a championship with no QB and defense, don't you remember Trent Dilfer?

ROFL

soundmind
02-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Pretty much, because those are impact players and players worthy of that choice. Those 3 are cornerstones of your franchise, positions of high value, high pay and immediate impact.

Hell even the best LB in his draft was Johnson. We "luckly" got him and the dude is a no show 75% of the time... Where is that first round value?

DJ is a shot to the balls, talk about not living up to potential...man I hate his peaking mediocrity.

I agree that those are the "impact positions" - and I truly believe we will not have the 3rd pick come draft day - but I don't have any issue taking Curry...if you've seen the guy play - he's NOT a coverage LB, he's mobile, and hits like a truck.

Coogs
02-17-2009, 11:37 AM

And we got our cornerstone LT as well. Some here are reluctant to admit that, and would rather draft another LT and move Albert, but that idea seems totally absurd.

Next years draft has stud playmakers on defense to add to the Dorsey pick.

And this years pick needs to absolutely be the QB. Even if a trade up is needed to aquire that QB. May be pricey in the short run, but in the long run it would be cheap.

ChiefRon
02-17-2009, 11:38 AM
DJ is a shot to the balls, talk about not living up to potential...man I hate his peaking mediocrity.

I agree that those are the "impact positions" - and I truly believe we will not have the 3rd pick come draft day - but I don't have any issue taking Curry...if you've seen the guy play - he's NOT a coverage LB, he's mobile, and hits like a truck.

Can he throw the rock?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-17-2009, 11:38 AM
And we can win a championship with no QB and defense, don't you remember Trent Dilfer?

ROFL

Perhaps if we lay a Presidents Tray at Whitcrock's door in homage, he can magically procure Jeff George for us!!!

RustShack
02-17-2009, 11:39 AM

Your credibility went down by saying we wont have the third pick. Do you pay attention to the draft?

ChiefRon
02-17-2009, 11:39 AM
And we got our cornerstone LT as well. Some here are reluctant to admit that, and would rather draft another LT and move Albert, but that idea seems totally absurd.

Next years draft has stud playmakers on defense to add to the Dorsey pick.

And this years pick needs to absolutely be the QB. Even if a trade up is needed to aquire that QB. May be pricey in the short run, but in the long run it would be cheap.

Agreed. I really wished last year we traded up for Ryan, but then I knew that would never happen cause of Carl & Herm.

I'm sick of not having a franchise QB, and watching all of our division rivals with 1st round QBs kicking our ass...

blueballs
02-17-2009, 11:41 AM
another 10 weeks of this shit

soundmind
02-17-2009, 11:42 AM
I blame Carl Peterson. He's beaten them down to make them afraid of drafting a QB. Very afraid.

I'm waiting to hear them say "We should go after Garcia"...

.....I can't do it. :doh!:

soundmind
02-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Your credibility went down by saying we wont have the third pick. Do you pay attention to the draft?

Yes, I'm just about 99% sure we'll trade down.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Agreed. I really wished last year we traded up for Ryan, but then I knew that would never happen cause of Carl & Herm.

I'm sick of not having a franchise QB, and watching all of our division rivals with 1st round QBs kicking our ass...

I'll to you what; that point right there gets the attention of a True Fan faster than anything I've used so far.
The ears become unplugged, and the mind begins to open. When you hit a wall with one of them, go right to that talking point.

It's like Billy D and Colt 45; "works every time"!

RustShack
02-17-2009, 11:43 AM

ROFL

Reerun_KC
02-17-2009, 11:44 AM

IF someone spends their entire draft, and part of next years to move up to the #3 spot, Then great, we can use all the picks we can get, I couldnt imagine still having a 1st and 2 picks remaining each round this year and 2 1st next year!...

I would worship Pioli if he pulled that off...

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-17-2009, 11:46 AM
ROFL

I love how the people making these claims use monikers like "Sensible" and "Sound Mind".

The last I checked, Bizzaro-World was in a parallel-universe.

Reerun_KC
02-17-2009, 11:46 AM

ROFL

People quickly forget or are uneducated enough to know that Trent Dilfer was a 1st round QB....

soundmind
02-17-2009, 11:47 AM
IF someone spends their entire draft, and part of next years to move up to the #3 spot, Then great, we can use all the picks we can get, I couldnt imagine still having a 1st and 2 picks remaining each round this year and 2 1st next year!...

Rust and ReeRun:
:spock: So you firmly believe we'll retain this pick and select who? Apparently Sanchez according to your flair?

Reerun_KC

So what team is 1 player away this year that is willing to unload their whole draft and a 1st next year to move up to get that 1 players?

ChiefRon

Are you the same one that said "trade down no matter what, fuck the trade value chart?"

Chiefnj2
02-17-2009, 11:48 AM

Have Russel and Cutler pushed the Raiders and Broncos over the hump?

I have no problem with people wanting to find a franchise QB this year, but playoff appearances and victories aren't going to fall into place just because they use a high draft pick on a QB.

Basileus777
02-17-2009, 11:50 AM
SensibleChiefsfan 's idiocy is the epitome of everything that is wrong with True Fans. Hell, the guy even started a "Carl Peterson was right afterall" thread. Maybe he is a joke account....

Reerun_KC
02-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Rust and ReeRun:
:spock: So you firmly believe we'll retain this pick and select who? Apparently Sanchez according to your flair?

Well if noone is willing to unload all their picks for this valued spot. And not having ANY Previous draft history with Pioli and Haley with the Chiefs.

So everything is based on speculation at this point because not one of us knows...

IMO, I would guess Stafford or Sanchez whom are 1 and 1a, then I would guess they would take the next best player availiable, if it is Curry then so be it...

Maybe they go out on a limb and take Beenie Wells from tOSU....

Reerun_KC
02-17-2009, 11:51 AM

I have no problem with people wanting to find a franchise QB this year, but playoff appearances and victories aren't going to fall into place just because they use a high draft pick on a QB.

Nope and they wont just magically appear if we draft a coverage LB either...

we tried that in the 90's with Marty to the tune of epic failure...

soundmind
02-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Are you the same one that said "trade down no matter what, **** the trade value chart?"

:eek: NO, certainly not.

I'm in the camp that says make a couple waves in FA and then draft accordingly.

I'm down for keeping the pick, but I really don't think they will. I think there will be offers to move down (or, dare I say...the possibility of Cassell)...

Reerun_KC
02-17-2009, 11:54 AM

I'm down for keeping the pick, but I really don't think they will. I think there will be offers to move down (or, dare I say...the possibility of Cassell)...

If someone wants that pick, I wouldnt just give it to them out of fear from the fanbase... I would get and demand the value that pick warrants....

This isnt Madden.

ChiefRon
02-17-2009, 11:55 AM

Are you saying they would be better off with a stud LB instead of those QBs?

Also, what do these 2 clubs have in common? Shitty personnel moves. And even they knew they had 2 have a franchise QB.

Funny you left off the Chargers. They've had pretty good personnel moves and they make a playoff push every year now..

blueballs
02-17-2009, 11:55 AM

ChiefRon
02-17-2009, 11:58 AM

Fair enough, just curious.

If they CAN move down, I'd be cool with that, cause that would mean they would be fleecing some other team, and still be able to get their guy.

I just don't see it happening, cause any team trading up would likely be targeting Sanchez (or Stafford if he's on the board)

RustShack
02-17-2009, 11:59 AM

So your in the win now and compete for playoff camp instead of the build for a championship camp.

soundmind
02-17-2009, 12:00 PM
If someone wants that pick, I wouldnt just give it to them out of fear from the fanbase... I would get and demand the value that pick warrants....

This isnt Madden.

100% in agreement, but you don't think they'd take 3-4 picks for that 3rd overall? I think they'd have to consider it...pending their analysis of the draft class...

soundmind
02-17-2009, 12:04 PM
So your in the win now and compete for playoff camp instead of the build for a championship camp.

Dude, the future of the Chiefs is not Sanchez/Stafford or BUST. And that statement is about one step shy of retarded, you aren't winning any championships without a defense or making the playoffs.

If they pack a couple guys into the front 7, and grab Stafford/Sanchez with the 3rd overall...I'm a happy camper.

Does that consolation calm the vibration in your tunnel-vision?

penguinz
02-17-2009, 12:06 PM
So what team is 1 player away this year that is willing to unload their whole draft and a 1st next year to move up to get that 1 players?Detroit

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Well if noone is willing to unload all their picks for this valued spot. And not having ANY Previous draft history with Pioli and Haley with the Chiefs.

So everything is based on speculation at this point because not one of us knows...

IMO, I would guess Stafford or Sanchez whom are 1 and 1a, then I would guess they would take the next best player availiable, if it is Curry then so be it...

ROFL

Dude, the future of the Chiefs is not Sanchez/Stafford or BUST. And that statement is about one step shy of retarded, you aren't winning any championships without a defense or making the playoffs.

If they pack a couple guys into the front 7, and grab Stafford/Sanchez with the 3rd overall...I'm a happy camper.

Does that consolation calm the vibration in your tunnel-vision?

Better...

DeezNutz
02-17-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm shocked that the Chiefs own site wouldn't talk up a player that the team might actually select.

How could that possibly hurt the organization?

Info. leaking from the Chiefs about a potential selection's unbelievable value would never make its way to the negotiating table. Never!

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-17-2009, 12:09 PM
I'm shocked that the Chiefs own site wouldn't talk up a player that the team might actually select.

Info. leaking from the Chiefs about a potential selection's unbelievable value would never make its way to the negotiating table. Never!

LMAO

RustShack
02-17-2009, 12:11 PM

Yeah its so stupid that Pioli is stopping the leaks. ROFL

soundmind
02-17-2009, 12:18 PM

See: Browns, Cleveland

DeezNutz
02-17-2009, 12:20 PM

See: Browns, Cleveland

Yep. That worked out exactly how that worthless sack of shit drew it up.

Run your mouth, get fucked.

It's officially the season of misinformation. No media member will know anything and no member of an organization will speak the truth until after the draft.

The Franchise
02-17-2009, 12:24 PM
This site just showed how retarded it is.

"The Chiefs should be as well positioned as any team to identify a sleeper at quarterback. When Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli was in New England, he drafted Tom Brady in the sixth round of the 2000 draft and Matt Cassel in the seventh round in 2005.

When he made those inspired picks, though, Pioli was working with a safety net. If Brady didn’t work out or needed long-term grooming, the Patriots had three-time Pro Bowl quarterback Drew Bledsoe starting. When Cassel was drafted, Brady already was a three-time Super Bowl winner."

ChiefRon
02-17-2009, 12:27 PM

"The Chiefs should be as well positioned as any team to identify a sleeper at quarterback. When Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli was in New England, he drafted Tom Brady in the sixth round of the 2000 draft and Matt Cassel in the seventh round in 2005.

When he made those inspired picks, though, Pioli was working with a safety net. If Brady didn’t work out or needed long-term grooming, the Patriots had three-time Pro Bowl quarterback Drew Bledsoe starting. When Cassel was drafted, Brady already was a three-time Super Bowl winner."

Let's trade all our picks to acquire everyone else's 6th & 7th round picks then!

Frosty
02-17-2009, 12:32 PM

But that's just me.

I've stated that in the past, so you aren't the only one.

Better intangibles, IMO.

ChiefRon
02-17-2009, 12:33 PM
I've stated that in the past, so you aren't the only one.

Better intangibles, IMO.

I'm in this boat too, for that exact reason.

soundmind
02-17-2009, 12:46 PM
I'd be happiest with Sanchez or Cassell, in no particular order. Sanchez SHOULD have a great future in the NFL for the above reasons...and getting to learn in the company of Brady, Palmer, USC-Carroll, NE-Belichick, a year of starting experience with NE...you can't ask for a lot better preparation for the NFL in a QB.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-17-2009, 12:49 PM

If you look at the Pats over the last five years, I don't think they always get "value" when they trade down. And, as I have said, the chart is becoming more and more outdated as teams would much more prefer to trade down than up.

soundmind
02-17-2009, 12:55 PM
If you look at the Pats over the last five years, I don't think they always get "value" when they trade down. And, as I have said, the chart is becoming more and more outdated as teams would much more prefer to trade down than up.

Most definitely, the money paid out to the top guys is outrageous - without a very specific need, a lot of teams are rightfully shying away. How many rookies are gonna dent the league their first year, especially for $9-12M? If they aren't projected to start, then it just doesn't feel good.

They really have to be gamebreakers for that kind of dollar, and how long are you suppose to wait to see that? I guess it varies by position some, Albert and Dorsey made strides this year I think, Albert's were easier to see maybe - but both will be STRONG in 09!

Pioli Zombie
02-17-2009, 02:00 PM

this is the whole problem with the Carl Peterson legacy around here. Who cares what the fans think about a draft pick?? What matters is winning. If you win the fans will be happy. While Carl was catering to fans the team didnt win. In New England, Belichick and Pioli did what was best for the team, the team won, and now the fans are happy. Some know it alls nitpick about this and that and think they know more than Belichick.

But here, the culture has been soothe the masses for now.

if they are rankin on Sanchez on the website makes me wonder if thats who they actually want. But if its done the Patriot Way its neither. The Patriot Way is not saying a %&^&$ thing to anybody about anything.

Reerun_KC
02-17-2009, 02:05 PM

Can you give me examples of teams just trading up at will without any reprocussions?

Sweet Daddy Hate

Firebomb that useless site/publication immediately!:cuss:

Seriously; I completely missed my calling in life! I want to be a media-hack too! As much time as I spend scouting and throwing shit to the wall in an effort to see what sticks, why the fuck shouldn't I or anyone else so involved in this team not get paid for doing so?!?!?
I should do radio! I mean, if Cowboy and Cowbitch, Petro and Keitz are the fucking benchmarks for local excellence???? Fuckin-A! I'll work for 10k less a year, and a VIP Membership in the Local Steak House of the Month Club!
And I'd be a hell of a lot more entertaining to boot!

I'm in this boat too, for that exact reason.

You know where DCS stands! :rockon:PBJ:thumb:

Reerun_KC
this is the whole problem with the Carl Peterson legacy around here. Who cares what the fans think about a draft pick?? What matters is winning. If you win the fans will be happy. While Carl was catering to fans the team didnt win. In New England, Belichick and Pioli did what was best for the team, the team won, and now the fans are happy. Some know it alls nitpick about this and that and think they know more than Belichick.

But here, the culture has been soothe the masses for now.

if they are rankin on Sanchez on the website makes me wonder if thats who they actually want. But if its done the Patriot Way its neither. The Patriot Way is not saying a %&^&$ thing to anybody about anything.

ROFL. Yet you contradict yourself each and everytime you post...

Manila-Chief
02-17-2009, 02:09 PM
This may already have been posted, but I think Rand didn't say anything in this article. It's almost a useless article.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-17-2009, 02:11 PM
ROFL. Yet you contradict yourself each and everytime you post...

Dude, how the fuck are you getting that nice, fat sig to load?!?!?

I don't want to go overboard, but I'm tired of my resolution going to shit every time I have to doctor something to get it on the fucking board!
I'm actually starting to get pretty good at this shit, but you'd never be able to tell at 19 fucking kilobytes...:doh!:

Reerun_KC
02-17-2009, 02:13 PM
[/URL] (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824YYUS) Dude, how the **** are you getting that nice, fat sig to load?!?!?

I don't want to go overboard, but I'm tired of my resolution going to shit every time I have to doctor something to get it on the ****ing board!
I'm actually starting to get pretty good at this shit, but you'd never be able to tell at 19 ****ing kilobytes...:doh!:

[URL="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824YYUS"]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_18.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824YYUS)

Okay stop crying I fixed it...

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNxdm824YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb112_ZNxdm824YYUS&utm_id=7920)

CoMoChief
02-17-2009, 02:23 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/02/17/a_great_position_to_be_in/ Just further confirmation that the ONLY people that think Sanchez is worth anywhere near the third pick are the fans on this board that have rationalized reaching for Sanchez because he happens to play QB.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

missinDThomas
02-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick

What about this dude? He won twice as many Thigggy Smalls last year.

Anyone watch this guy during the season and know about his skillz?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-17-2009, 02:29 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_18.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm824YYUS)

Okay stop crying I fixed it...

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNxdm824YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb112_ZNxdm824YYUS&utm_id=7920)

I wasn't complaining about your sig! I want to know how you're getting something that "big" to load up!

Tribal Warfare
02-17-2009, 02:32 PM
You know what's so funny Rand's propaganda doesn't mean shit, because his ass would be fired for leaking out pertinent information how KC will approach this offseason and revealing the players they are interested in the draft.

soundmind
02-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick

What about this dude? He won twice as many Thigggy Smalls last year.

Anyone watch this guy during the season and know about his skillz?

The Bengals squad played so bad as a whole it was hard to judge his play, specifically up front, but what I saw, he was adequate. However, with a lot of time to work things out, he got Chad Johnson the ball a whopping 40 times in 12 games....I know they had TJ, but that's short changing some talent.

A lot of praise for his education, Harvard grad, but that also means his football experience was somewhat limited.

Chiefnj2
02-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Are you saying they would be better off with a stud LB instead of those QBs?

Also, what do these 2 clubs have in common? Shitty personnel moves. And even they knew they had 2 have a franchise QB.

Funny you left off the Chargers. They've had pretty good personnel moves and they make a playoff push every year now..

What I'm saying it is a team sport - you need good coaching, offense, defense, special teams. Sanchez/Stafford won't make a difference if the defense sucks and OL still sucks. Curry won't make a difference if KC doesn't find a franchise QB and an OL. It won't all be built in one offseason. Missing out on a QB this year, or a LB this year, doesn't set the franchise back years and years. Whereas missing out on the pick completely will set the franchise back. You take the player, not the position.

soundmind
02-17-2009, 02:55 PM
What I'm saying it is a team sport - you need good coaching, offense, defense, special teams. Sanchez/Stafford won't make a difference if the defense sucks and OL still sucks. Curry won't make a difference if KC doesn't find a franchise QB and an OL. It won't all be built in one offseason. Missing out on a QB this year, or a LB this year, doesn't set the franchise back years and years. Whereas missing out on the pick completely will set the franchise back. You take the player, not the position.

The thought that any one player will make an NFL championship is equally absurd and ignorant. I agree with your last line there, about drafting the player...but we will be much improved going into 09 - do not expect things to necessarily be "slow". We're not that horrifically far behind our division, and that's where it has to start - we play them twice a season, and its the surest way to punch a postseason ticket.

:) We will make numerous acquisitions before 2009 - in about 2-3 weeks, things will get MUCH clearer - and this team, MUCH improved. I am one to worry about our coaching vacancies, as I really think this all happened unfortunately late...but keep the faith - they bring a defense, and we'll resurrect Arrowhead!

ChiefRon
02-17-2009, 03:21 PM

Well I guess we can agree to disagree on one aspect - the QB position.

If you don't have a franchise-caliber QB, your chances of winning a championship are severely diminished.

And you add a guy with franchise QB potential as soon as you can, since he will take his lumps while he learns the ropes of the NFL. So IMO, you set the franchise back by two or three years for every season you play without the franchise QB candidate on your roster learning the ropes while you build the rest of team so everything peaks at the same time.

soundmind
02-17-2009, 03:25 PM

If you don't have a franchise-caliber QB, your chances of winning a championship are severely diminished.

And you add a guy with franchise QB potential as soon as you can, since he will take his lumps while he learns the ropes of the NFL. So IMO, you set the franchise back by two or three years for every season you play without the franchise QB candidate on your roster learning the ropes while you build the rest of team so everything peaks at the same time.

<ding> bullseye

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-17-2009, 03:29 PM

I'm not agreeing to SHIT with these fools.

Two Great Teams, 1997 AFC playoffs:

Both teams have equal weapons on both sides of the ball.
One team has a franchise Quarterback.

WHICH TEAM WON THE FUCKING GAME, YOU JACK-HOLED FUCK-TARDS?!?!?!?

WAKE THE FUCK...UP!!!:cuss:

bowener
02-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Jesus Christ.... this thread was painful to tread, and all I read were the first 3 posts.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Jesus Christ.... this thread was painful to tread, and all I read were the first 3 posts.

"As the monkey fucks the football, so are the days of 'Nonsensical Chiefs Fan' and 'Lost My Fucking Mind's lives"...
http://weblogs.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/blog/days.jpg

Reerun_KC
02-17-2009, 11:52 PM

Well if anything is posted by non-sensible, then you know its not worth reading...

milkman
02-18-2009, 08:35 AM

Further, if you pass on a QB who plays in a pro set in college this year, and draft a QB who plays in a spread offense in college, you set the process back further, because a spread QB will take much longer to adapt to the NFL, if he adapts at all.

milkman
02-18-2009, 08:38 AM

If I didn't already know you are a fucking moron, the fact that you like a weakarmed spread QB better than a strong armed pro style QB would have told me all I need to know about your dumb ass.

Chiefnj2
02-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Further, if you pass on a QB who plays in a pro set in college this year, and draft a QB who plays in a spread offense in college, you set the process back furtehr, because a spread QB will take much longer to adapt to the NFL, if he adapts at all.

1 year as a starter in college in a pro set might have more to learn than a 4 year starter in the spread.

milkman
02-18-2009, 08:41 AM
1 year as a starter in college in a pro set might have more to learn than a 4 year starter in the spread.

No.

Chiefnj2
02-18-2009, 08:50 AM
No.

Hunter Cantwell can come in and start and do better than Bradford?

milkman
02-18-2009, 08:56 AM
Hunter Cantwell can come in and start and do better than Bradford?

No.

RINGLEADER
02-18-2009, 10:14 AM
This just kills me.

"Mark Sanchez, from Southern California, has too many caution signs for a top five pick. He’s only started one season, hardly a resume on which to stake a franchise’s future, and seems to have declared for the draft to take advantage of a weak quarterback crop. He’s no lock for the top 10, and Freeman likely will go somewhere around 20th."

So what exactly are the "caution" signs? That he only started one season and declared for the draft to take advantage of a weak QB draft?

That's it?

If those are his weaknesses, we should be so lucky to land him.

The people who say Sanchez isn't worth it because he only played one season in college are a lot of the same people saying the Chiefs should take Cassel who, up until last season, hadn't touched the football as a starter since high school.

That said I'm not wild on Sanchez. If you have something worth as much as the 3rd pick you should get something that is as close to a known commodity as possible.

Chief Pote
02-18-2009, 10:50 AM

Link? or are you "in the know"? ROFL

Chief Pote
02-18-2009, 10:56 AM

I hope not, I'm an OSU fan and that kid is fragile.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Just posted THIS at the Coalition:

Before we begin today's lessonry, let us read from the Book Of Jenkins, so that you may understand and identify the malady from which some of you seem to suffer:
Do You Suffer from TFS? True Fan Syndrome? If So, We Can Help
Do you lie awake at nights dreaming of 8-8, or 9-7?

Do you judge a season as a success by a Wild Card birth?

Do you believe that defenses and running games are more important than franchise QBs?

Do you love coaches with a complete inability to spot talent at the running back position?

Do you think that 3-13 is better for the long term future of the franchise than 2-14?

Do you think the 2002 Bucs and 2000 Ravens are model NFL teams to aspire to?

Do you find playoff records to be irrelevant?

Do you believe that guards and right tackles should be taken with top five picks?

Do you believe that a quarterback is best served as a game manager?

Do you believe that every 3rd Down play should either be a screen or a draw?

Do you believe kicker is the most important position on the offense?

Do you believe that all of the best prospects reside in the Big XII?

Do you believe in trading down in any situation during the draft?

Do you believe that a team is better served picking 20 rather than 5 because they don't have to pay the player as much?

Do you believe that the only way to be a winning team is to throw money at the most expensive Free Agents every year, regardless of need?

Do you judge QBOTF by their box scores?

Do you think that risk is scary, and therefore, wish to draft last in every round to avoid the perception of failure?

Do you think that Gunther was once a great coordinator?

Do you think that reaction is safer than action?

Do you think every other team that actually drafted a QBOTF just 'got lucky' and that it could never happen to us?

Do you prefer tailgating to Championships?

Do you fear the unknown?

Do you believe that 'being close in the 4th quarter' is the objective of an offense?

Do you believe that the run sets up the pass?

Do you believe that Stafford "has done nothing worth mentioning" in college, and that Sanchez "doesn't have enough experience, and isn't worth a 3rd overall"?

Do you think QBs don't need to know how to play from under the center, and that learning 5 and 7 step drops is irrelevant because once Thigpen completed a 7 yard pass to a hall of fame tight end in quadruple coverage?

If so, you may suffer from TFS, True Fan Syndrome. Here at the Jenkins Clinic for the Eradication of True Fan Syndrome, our staff of experts can help rid you of this debilitating malady. Through study of game tape of such contests as Super Bowl XXIII we can help ameliorate the effects of play not to lose football.

Upon registering at our world-renowned clinic, you will be given the following ID badge:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e249/hisbabygirl115/Emoticons/Smiley-Praying.gif
9-7!!!

After six weeks of therapy, our cure rate for TFS approaches 91%, which ironically, is slightly better than Herm Edwards' losing percentage the last 23 games.

If you or a loved one suffers from TFS, please, contact us immediately.

We're here to help.

Sincerely,

The Jenkins Clinic For Eradication of True Fan Syndrome. Now that my morning duties at work have been finished, let's "address the mess". And Oh for the love of barbecued Monkey Balls, what a mess it is:

<!--quoteo(post=138515:date=Feb 18 2009, 01&#58;32 AM:name=BossChief)--> (BossChief @ Feb 18 2009, 01:32 AM) http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/style_images/23redcryst/post_snapback.gif (http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?act=findpost&pid=138515)
What exactly about Staffords PLAY makes him even considered a first round qb? He had a great running game and good protection yet, he underperformed in every game I watched...watching Thigpen play against NFL defenes the next day was hands down a better qb, maybe I just saw the bad games huh?

Sanchez is a one year starter and that has never equated to a good pro in the NFL, the guy had better talent around him than any other college qb, and still didnt lead to a championship, even with a stellar defense to help do so. ill pass

With this crop of qbs, we could just as easily find a franchise qb at 35 as 3... Oh my. Well, let's start with Stafford. The question is, "Why Stafford"? "What makes him so special"?
I will defer to Professor Jenkins in this matter:

<!--quoteo-->
<!--quotec-->1. He has three years of starting experience in the SEC
2. He comes from a pro offense
3. He knows how to read a defense, and can audible into advantageous plays, recognizes the blitz
4. He's willing to get pounded and get back up
5. He's mobile
6. He has good mechanics
7. He has unbelievable arm strength
8. He's played with a very marginal OL this year with three freshmen on it, and receivers who can't get separation, so he has to make NFL throws to get them the ball, he's not lobbing a rainbow up to a WR with 5 yards of separation.
9. He's a leader and he's been under intense scrutiny since he was 16 years old.
10. He's improved every year in college, despite having less and less talent around him to work with.

Other than that...nothing. <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Now let's talk Sanchez. It seems to me that you and others are simply not getting the fact that when looking to draft a rookie, franchise QBOTF, the kid's win/loss record means jack shit! We're talking about someone who is going to be doing clipboard for a year. What we're looking for are mechanics, decision-making ability, and God-given talent.
Let us refresh ourselves with Professor Brain's "Sanchez for Dummies":

<!--quoteo-->
<!--quotec-->Here's the breakdown on Mark. Go to you tube and watch the film. Study it carefully, and you'll see the follwing:

1) Mechanics. Sanchez's form, technique, and execution are damned-near flawless. And they are consistent in their flawlessness.

2) Decision-making. Mark has shown time and again that when a play breaks down, or the pocket collapses, he's going to turn it in to positive yardage. There is NO QUITTING ON THE PLAY with Mark Sanchez.

3) Letting it go, and playing it smart. When the times come that the play can't be made, Mark identifies it quickly, does the right thing and get's rid of the ball so that no yardage is lost. There's no "curling up and dying" here.

4) Athleticism. If and when Mark has to run, he does it VERY well. Watch the way he threaded and timed his run through the line to the end-zone during his rushing TD in the Rose Bowl; it was a thing of beauty.

5) Speed. The guy is just quick, and possibly the fastest QB off a snap I've ever seen.

And number 6) Passes. Mark can throw the rocket or the soft-touch float with equal skill and precision. His timing with his receivers borders on Divine Intervention. The most impressive pass I ever saw of his, was a 30-yard, perfectly placed, right over the right shoulder of his receiver as the receiver raced to the northwest pylon without even looking back once; it went right over his shoulder and in to his waiting hands.
I thought there was no way I'd see a completion like that again. I was wrong. That pass, like every great thing I've seen Mark Sanchez do, is not voodoo or luck; it's business as usual.
Boss, I can feel your football intelligence growing by the second! Good man! Throw those old Carl Peckerson chains off, and be free!!!

<!--quoteo(post=138518:date=Feb 18 2009, 01&#58;50 AM:name=free27)-->(free27 @ Feb 18 2009, 01:50 AM) http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/style_images/23redcryst/post_snapback.gif (http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?act=findpost&pid=138518)
1) i agree that stafford is overrated.
2) ncaa championships = doom!!!
3) who is as good at 35? freeman? you've got to be kidding me.
Oh my. Let's address these point by point:

1) First, see response to Boss Chief's Stafford take. Now, I usually don't defer to the media when it comes to deciding who is worthy and who is not. I prefer to watch film with my own eyes, and make the call accordingly. This is a time-consuming yet worthwhile effort that will help you, the aspiring football student, escape the deathly clutches of True Fan Syndrome.
That said, Stafford has been groomed for the NFL since he was just a wee lad, and the majority of people who live, sleep, eat, and breathe football( and who also collect a check for doing so )are in agreement that he has tremendous value to offer the franchise who drafts him. Hyped? Sure. Overrated? No.

2) Tebow = Doom. That's all I have to say on that particular matter.

3) We agree. It is quite sad to see such blatant homerism cloud good judgment.

<!--quoteo(post=138601:date=Feb 18 2009, 08&#58;04 AM:name=CapsLockKey)--> (CapsLockKey @ Feb 18 2009, 08:04 AM) http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/style_images/23redcryst/post_snapback.gif (http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/index.php?act=findpost&pid=138601)
Tell that to Arizona. They weren't even in sniffing distance from a Superbowl when they drafted Larry Fitzgerald. And they did take your advice and draft a QB high in the first round as well, groomed in a pro-style offense in college. Guess which one was the primary reason they reached the Super Bowl this past year.Dear lord. Matt Lienart was drafted by Denny Green to run Green's West Coast Offense. Wisenhut's Offense needed a different style of QB, hence Kurt Warner. That's it, and there ain't no more.
The good news!
Care to take a guess as to who got the last fumes out of Warner's old gas tank, and who rode and instructed Fitz's ass daily thereby elevating to his current game to the status of excellence? Who was it that death-marched these two to the Super Bowl?
That's right; the new Head Coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. Warner and Fitz were absolutely "meh" last year and at the start of the 2008 season as well. That unbelievable improvement you saw in the Card offense came from one man, and one man alone:
Todd Haley.
And he's all...ours.

And since Todd Haley has stated that he will be "bringing a large potion of his Cards approach to Kansas City", Professor Brain is much inclined to believe that Coach Haley will be looking for a young QB who has at least a few "Warneresque" attributes.
Both Stafford and Sanchez fit the bill.

And I do not know how I can put it much simpler than this; there will BE NO "Pistol" at One Arrowhead Drive. It is gone, let it go.

And let go those debilitating and destructive thought processes that the evil overlord Herr Peckerson has poisoned you with.
Let's WIN.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-18-2009, 02:05 PM
I just got hit with this:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=9232962&MSNHPHMA#sport=NFL%20Draft&photo=9233214

Didn't we go through this already? And if so, can someone direct me to the thread?

Thanks.

warrior
02-18-2009, 03:41 PM

But that's just me.

Actually you and me both, I've seen 8-9 games of Stafford color me unimpressed. Seen Sanchez only 4 times not a USC fan but thought
he was much better than Stafford all things considered. :thumb:

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Actually you and me both, I've seen 8-9 games of Stafford color me unimpressed. Seen Sanchez only 4 times not a USC fan but thought
he was much better than Stafford all things considered. :thumb:

Sanchez would have been the house darling from the get go, but it was assumed at the beginning, middle, and close to the end of the season that there was no way he would be coming out this year.

Here's the thing, and this comes from debating this at two other forums:

We will be immeasurably blessed to get either one of these guys. What we have right now at the QB position, from top to bottom(excluding Gray because we haven't really had a chance to watch him enough as a Chief), is utter SHIT. And the number of fans who don't see it is absolutely STAGGERING.
And it's like the W/L record for 2008 has just magically disappeared from their fucking craniums like some sort of mind-wipe!

We fucking SUCK, people! DO YOU NOT GET THIS????? DO I HAVE TO COMMISSION PENZ TO DRAW YOU A FUCKING PICTURE?!!?

TWO GAMES! TWO...FUCKING...GAMES this team won! And some of you can't wait to put your faith behind, and call leader of the Offense, THE LEAST SMELLY TURD IN THE FUCKING PORTA-POTTY!

All of you people who think the suck was all Herm, and that Thigpen is the answer? This is your home work assignment:

I want you to watch Super Bowl film of the Quarterbacks in Super Bowls from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. You watch that shit until your eyes bleed, because you need a reminder post-motherfucking haste about what constitutes a champion.
Get busy!

SenselessChiefsFan
02-18-2009, 05:34 PM
If I didn't already know you are a ****ing moron, the fact that you like a weakarmed spread QB better than a strong armed pro style QB would have told me all I need to know about your dumb ass.

Personally, I am more worried about accuracy and the intangibles.

If you like Armstrength so much, I am surprised you aren't calling for Croyle. He has a better arm than Sanchez, and one just as good as Stafford. Too bad it is attached to that fragile body of his.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Sanchez would have been the house darling from the get go, but it was assumed at the beginning, middle, and close to the end of the season that there was no way he would be coming out this year.

Here's the thing, and this comes from debating this at two other forums:

We will be immeasurably blessed to get either one of these guys. What we have right now at the QB position, from top to bottom(excluding Gray because we haven't really had a chance to watch him enough as a Chief), is utter SHIT. And the number of fans who don't see it is absolutely STAGGERING.
And it's like the W/L record for 2008 has just magically disappeared from their ****ing craniums like some sort of mind-wipe!

We ****ing SUCK, people! DO YOU NOT GET THIS????? DO I HAVE TO COMMISSION PENZ TO DRAW YOU A ****ING PICTURE?!!?

TWO GAMES! TWO...****ING...GAMES this team won! And some of you can't wait to put your faith behind, and call leader of the Offense, THE LEAST SMELLY TURD IN THE ****ING PORTA-POTTY!

All of you people who think the suck was all Herm, and that Thigpen is the answer? This is your home work assignment:

I want you to watch Super Bowl film of the Quarterbacks in Super Bowls from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. You watch that shit until your eyes bleed, because you need a reminder post-mother****ing haste about what constitutes a champion.
Get busy!

First, there is a reason no one thought Sanchez would be coming out... he isn't ready... even his coach said so.

Second, just because I would prefer the Chiefs not reach for a guy who I think will be a bust in the NFL... doesn't mean I am okay with Thigpen.

Finally, the Chiefs defense was a bigger issue than the offense in 2008. Even with Thigpen, the Chiefs offense was good enough to win more games, but the defense was horrible.

All in all, Sanchez is a project. He is not worth the 3rd overall pick. He doesn't know defenses that well and if you watched his season, the only times he did very well against good defenses was when he had a bye.

He had one of the best staffs and surrounding teams in college. They made him look better than he is.

I think he goes no higher than #10 to San Fran, but I will admit my mistake if I am wrong. I think there is Zero chance the Chiefs take him.

ChiefsCountry
02-18-2009, 06:22 PM
First, there is a reason no one thought Sanchez would be coming out... he isn't ready... even his coach said so.

Second, just because I would prefer the Chiefs not reach for a guy who I think will be a bust in the NFL... doesn't mean I am okay with Thigpen.

Finally, the Chiefs defense was a bigger issue than the offense in 2008. Even with Thigpen, the Chiefs offense was good enough to win more games, but the defense was horrible.

All in all, Sanchez is a project. He is not worth the 3rd overall pick. He doesn't know defenses that well and if you watched his season, the only times he did very well against good defenses was when he had a bye.

He had one of the best staffs and surrounding teams in college. They made him look better than he is.

I think he goes no higher than #10 to San Fran, but I will admit my mistake if I am wrong. I think there is Zero chance the Chiefs take him.

Everytime you post, you get dumber and dumber.

Extra Point
02-18-2009, 06:28 PM
It's just fun to dog paddle here.

soundmind
02-18-2009, 07:03 PM
ROFL:bravo:It's just fun to dog paddle here. Well said indeed.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-18-2009, 07:28 PM

LMAO

warrior
02-18-2009, 07:38 PM

LOL True

scho63
02-18-2009, 07:43 PM
After watching the Chiefs as a diehard fan since 1970 when I was just 7 years old in the Northeast, I think it's time for the Chiefs to do something bold and aggressive. I can't wait another 39 years.

They should sign BOTH Albert Haynesworth and Julius Peppers from free-agency because we have so much salary cap room, draft Aaron Curry, trade Larry Johnson for a 1st or 2nd round either this year or next, and try to pick up a quarterback NEXT year. I think Thigpen could be a surprise this year with a better defense. (Could it get any worse)

I think our CB's/DB's are solid, our draft picks from last year need another year or two, and the only other real bad areas are special teams and a deep WR threat.

Special teams I don't know much about but a real sleeper in the draft could be speedster Kenny Britt from Rutgers at WR. He got better each year, improved on his hands/catching, he has excellent speed and height, decent strength and probably can be had in the 3rd round.

Now that would be a STRONG overall move.

milkman
02-18-2009, 07:47 PM
After watching the Chiefs as a diehard fan since 1970 when I was just 7 years old in the Northeast, I think it's time for the Chiefs to do something bold and aggressive. I can't wait another 39 years.

They should sign BOTH Albert Haynesworth and Julius Peppers from free-agency because we have so much salary cap room, draft Aaron Curry, trade Larry Johnson for a 1st or 2nd round either this year or next, and try to pick up a quarterback NEXT year. I think Thigpen could be a surprise this year with a better defense. (Could it get any worse)

I think our CB's/DB's are solid, our draft picks from last year need another year or two, and the only other real bad areas are special teams and a deep WR threat.

Special teams I don't know much about but a real sleeper in the draft could be speedster Kenny Britt from Rutgers at WR. He got better each year, improved on his hands/catching, he has excellent speed and height, decent strength and probably can be had in the 3rd round.

Now that would be a STRONG overall move.

I feel the IQ dropping.....dropping.....dropping........

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-18-2009, 07:51 PM

If this thread were a reggae tune, it would be called "Makin' me head hurt, mon'"

Or, "No TF, No Cry".

soundmind
02-18-2009, 07:52 PM

Does that comment pertain solely to character on these guys or what? Because I'd give a lot for Haynesworth, he's a monster.

milkman
02-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Does that comment pertain solely to character on these guys or what? Because I'd give a lot for Haynesworth, he's a monster.

It pertains primarily to getting a first or second round pick for LJ.

The rest of it is just like a side dish of moronacy.

(I just like the sound better than the real word)

soundmind
02-18-2009, 08:02 PM
It pertains primarily to getting a first or second round pick for LJ.

The rest of it is just like a side dish of moronacy.

(I just like the sound better than the real word)

To that I would have to agree. This is among the extreme lowlights of the recent Carl moves, his contract makes him nearly worthless on the market. Haynesworth is an absolute no-brainer, and that just doens't happen that often. We have all the room in the world to get that done.

ChiefsCountry
02-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Sign both Peppers and Haynesworth. Oh brother, strike one. And then trade LJ for a first or second. Strike two. Draft Curry and then a QB next year. Strike 3.

You should really post here chiefs.scout.com

milkman
02-18-2009, 08:09 PM
To that I would have to agree. This is among the extreme lowlights of the recent Carl moves, his contract makes him nearly worthless on the market. Haynesworth is an absolute no-brainer, and that just doens't happen that often. We have all the room in the world to get that done.

I have concerns about Haynesworth.

Will he continue to play at a high level, or will he just become another lazy fatass once he gets paid?

The way he's handled his situation, I tend to believe it's the latter.

soundmind
02-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Sign both Peppers and Haynesworth. Oh brother, strike one. And then trade LJ for a first or second. Strike two. Draft Curry and then a QB next year. Strike 3.

Beyond past "character issues", what do you dislike about Haynesworth? He's a freak at the NT/DT position, which simply put, doesn't happen very often...I take freak lineman anyday I can get them, especially when he has his best years ahead of him.

He plays interior DL so his stats won't blow you away unless something equally freakish happens, but amongst 300lb. gorillas, this man does whatever he wants....case closed.

soundmind
02-18-2009, 08:12 PM

Will he continue to play at a high level, or will he just become another lazy fatass once he gets paid?

For reasons I can't clearly back up at the moment, I have this gut feeling he is the type to take that criticism to heart and kill everyone. I love Haynesworth, and he's worth whatever he wants. BRING HIM IN!!!!!

:fire:

ChiefRon
02-18-2009, 08:20 PM

I agree with this, he'd fit in better over there.

Be sure to vote wrong in the Thigpen franchise debate thread or poll or what the fuck ever they have over there.

ChiefRon
02-18-2009, 08:22 PM

He worries me a little bit about cashing in and just hanging out, but if dude will play like the last two years then I would be all for it, no matter how much he cost.

Reerun_KC
02-18-2009, 08:23 PM
He worries me a little bit about cashing in and just hanging out, but if dude will play like the last two years then I would be all for it, no matter how much he cost.

Chester McGlockton?

milkman
02-18-2009, 08:24 PM

No question a motivated, hard working Haynesworth would be worth the investment.

ChiefRon
02-18-2009, 08:25 PM
Chester McGlockton?

You didn't have to go and say his name, did ya?

Reerun_KC
02-18-2009, 08:28 PM
You didn't have to go and say his name, did ya?

maybe I should die in a fire?

soundmind
02-18-2009, 08:34 PM
:rockon:

HUGE ANGRY HAYNESWORTH!!!!

:rockon:

.....it will never happen.

ChiefRon
02-18-2009, 08:40 PM
maybe I should die in a fire?

Nah, I don't roll like that.

Anonymous shit on the internet is no reason for lame insults...

milkman
02-18-2009, 08:45 PM
Nah, I don't roll like that.

Anonymous shit on the internet is no reason for lame insults...

OK, who let your dumb ass in?

:D