PDA

View Full Version : Football When will pro athletes realize they r supposed to be professional and not thugs?

missinDThomas
02-17-2009, 05:07 PM
SENSABAUGH ARRESTED WITH THREE GUNS IN HIS CAR
Posted by Mike Florio on February 17, 2009, 4:37 p.m.
Jaguars safety Gerald Sensabaugh will become an unrestricted free agent on February, February 27.

On Friday, February 13, his luck turned bad — for the third straight year.

Sensabaugh was arrested in his hometown of Kingsport, Tennessee for driving his Bentley on a suspended license.

His initial arrest in the NFL came nearly two years ago in Kingsport. At that time, Sensabaugh was busted for speeding and carrying a firearm without a permit.

But maybe his luck was actually pretty good on Friday the 13th. This time around, Sensabaugh also had a gun in the car. Actually, he had three of them — a Bersa .380-cal. pistol, an AK-47, and a Glock .22-cal. handgun.

And. for reasons neither known nor apparent, he faces no weapons charges.

Last year, Sensabaugh was arrested in Kingsport for reckless driving after being found doing wheelies on a motorcycle.

So while Sensabaugh has been arrested so often in Kingsport that they’re about to name the back seat of a cruiser after him, the fact that he’s done no time suggests that someone there likes him.

A lot.

kaplin42
02-17-2009, 05:09 PM
When will pro athletes realize they r supposed to be professional and not thugs?

When professional sports teams stop drafting thugs.

missinDThomas
02-17-2009, 05:12 PM

:LOL:

word.

HMc
02-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Perhaps he now has the necassary permits?

He's hardly a thug. I have no idea why he's carrying multiple weapons in the car but then I have no idea why anyone would carry even one weapon in the car and there's a load of members of this board that do just that.

Speeding? Meh.

Wheelies on a motobrbike? Stupid, darwinistic, but not exactly thuggish.

missinDThomas
02-17-2009, 05:19 PM
maybe for the handguns, but the AK?

Valiant
02-17-2009, 05:21 PM

Agreed.. But I am sure someone will make it out to be racist and get a hold of the nAACP

blueballs
02-17-2009, 05:21 PM
32x53=1696 -roughly 22-35 years old
minimum salary around $300,000 and mainly single
find that many people in everyday life and compare

blueballs
02-17-2009, 05:23 PM
22 years old and 300 thou in my pocket
I'd be dead in 6 months
or try like hell to be

MIAdragon
02-17-2009, 05:24 PM

Whats wrong with the AK?

missinDThomas
02-17-2009, 05:25 PM
I think they should have to go to more than just one rookie seminar to get some good quiality "life learnin". Maybe like the first 3 yrs. or make the consequenses heavier. I kept from doing stupid shit to keep from losing my job, and in the military you don't make near as much. haha

Dayze
02-17-2009, 05:26 PM
teams will always draft a guy with problems with the 'hope' of cleaning up his act. Too much money involved in winning to not try it.

Players know this; particularly the ones who have been extremely gifted since 10yrs old etc.

HMc
02-17-2009, 05:27 PM

Yeah look I dunno why he needs an AK in the car (unless he was on his way to the range or (gun, not night)club or whatever.

I imagine you can own an AK (semi) in tennessee though. There's presumably some allowed method of transporting it, aswell.

Just Passin' By
02-17-2009, 05:27 PM
The man likes to drive fast, pop wheelies and keep guns nearby. Unless I'm missing something, that makes him pretty much what every American should aspire to be, at least for some fair portion of their lives.

MIAdragon
02-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Yeah look I dunno why he needs an AK in the car (unless he was on his way to the range or (gun, not night)club or whatever.

I imagine you can own an AK (semi) in tennessee though. There's presumably some allowed method of transporting it, aswell.

Full auto is legal in over 30 states with proper documentation.

Mecca
02-17-2009, 06:01 PM
You do understand that midwestern small markets are really the only fan bases that care about this?

I personally could careless if nice guys are on the team.

kcxiv
02-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Never, go look where most of them grew up at. Look at them never trusting anyone their whole lives and in some instances not even their parents.

I grew up in the hood and i know how all that shit works. I have pretty much done all that life has to offer outside of killing someone and thank god it never got to that. Now though, them guys have so much money and want to go out a little they just dont trust anyone so guns and how the grew up are just part of it. Always will be, unless we go all australia on them and ban guns for everyone.

The Buddha
02-17-2009, 06:06 PM
You do understand that midwestern small markets are really the only fan bases that care about this?

I personally could careless if nice guys are on the team.

Usually these "bad guys" are the team leaders too.

People talk all the time about how in order to be a good defensive player you have to have an angry, chip-on-your-shoulder attitude, and get people to be afraid of you. Then they act all surprised when this same person gets into trouble at the club or whatever.

Mecca
02-17-2009, 06:08 PM

People talk all the time about how in order to be a good defensive player you have to have an angry, chip-on-your-shoulder attitude, and get people to be afraid of you. Then they act all surprised when this same person gets into trouble at the club or whatever.

I don't know what's worse, threads like this or the ones about how some underdog no talent shit player is awesome.

missinDThomas
02-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Never, go look where most of them grew up at. Look at them never trusting anyone their whole lives and in some instances not even their parents.

I grew up in the hood and i know how all that shit works. I have pretty much done all that life has to offer outside of killing someone and thank god it never got to that. Now though, them guys have so much money and want to go out a little they just dont trust anyone so guns and how the grew up are just part of it. Always will be, unless we go all australia on them and ban guns for everyone.

I know and see that everyday, but everyone can be taught. Not many get a chance to leave that kind of hard life, and people are fightin everyday to get out of it. To me it is pretty damn selfish for that ones that finally got a shot at a better life are willing to throw it all away.

What does that say to all of the people who didn't "make it"? It says I don't give a shit.

kaplin42
02-17-2009, 08:00 PM

In response to this I offer you Troy Polamalu. He is a decent human being, and I would take him over Ray Lewis any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

The Buddha
02-17-2009, 08:03 PM
In response to this I offer you Troy Polamalu. He is a decent human being, and I would take him over Ray Lewis any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

And others, too, I'm sure. I'm not saying ALL of them are like that, but some to most are.

Its hard to tell someone to be one person on the field, and to be someone else off the field. Usually if you're gonna get an angry, aggressive person on the field, they're gonna act like that at the local bar, too.

StcChief
02-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Put conditions in the contract, "forfeit all pay/bonus" If they continue to put themselves in harms way and incidents occur.

it's a business.

Spott
02-17-2009, 08:22 PM

The Jags have been drafting thugs for quite a while now. They have had a lot of arrests go under the radar because they are in a small market.

dtebbe
02-17-2009, 09:22 PM
SENSABAUGH ARRESTED WITH THREE GUNS IN HIS CAR
Posted by Mike Florio on February 17, 2009, 4:37 p.m.
Jaguars safety Gerald Sensabaugh will become an unrestricted free agent on February, February 27.

Actually, he had three of them — a Bersa .380-cal. pistol, an AK-47, and a Glock .22-cal. handgun.

ROFL Can't leave home without a "choppa" YO!

DT

The Buddha
02-17-2009, 11:12 PM
ROFL Can't leave home without a "choppa" YO!

DT

.22 is a toy, and a .380 really doesn't have the knockdown power needed.

the AK is a necessity! :-)

Munson
02-17-2009, 11:26 PM
As long as its legal, or if you need certain paperwork in Tennessee, I don't see what the big deal is about keeping guns in your car. Last time I checked, it was legal to own firearms. And that AK-47 is most likely semi auto, not a full auto AK like you see terrorists running around with.

Fish
02-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Athletes aren't role models.

The Buddha
02-17-2009, 11:57 PM
Athletes aren't role models.

Yes they are. If they weren't role models, then this sort of stuff wouldn't make the news. They shouldn't be role models, and they don't want to be role models, but they are whether they want to be or not.

As long as kids still put up posters of athletes on their walls, they are going to be looked up to. I'm not saying you should HAVE to be a good role-model if you are one, because a person should do what makes them happy. But they do have people watching them. Some care what little kids think of them, some don't.

Bugeater
02-17-2009, 11:58 PM
Only 3? Hell, I'm sure Bwana has been pulled over with more guns than that in his car.