PDA

View Full Version : Poop I hate to admit it but i think i'm feelin

Nzoner
02-18-2009, 11:28 PM
my age.

Had the day off went to the bar(for lunch and drinks) at 12:30 and just got home about an hour ago.Had coffee and water the last two hours on top of a shitload of rum and cokes and feel like if i lay down i going to do the technicolor yawn.

this sucks and thank you fior listening,that is all

keg in kc
02-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Well, Joe, my friend, you've looked your age for years, so it had to be a matter of time until you started to feel it...

:fire:

Bugeater
02-18-2009, 11:30 PM
I hear ya, I can't drink for 11 straight hours the way I used to either.

Buehler445
02-18-2009, 11:31 PM
my age.

Had the day off went to the bar(for lunch and drinks) at 12:30 and just got home about an hour ago.Had coffee and water the last two hours on top of a shitload of rum and cokes and feel like if i lay down i going to do the technicolor yawn.

this sucks and thank you fior listening,that is all

ROFL

That is amazing. I'm putting that in the Buehler book of Buehlerisms.

In honesty, that really sucks for you. I anticipate being in the same boat if I were to go out and drink. It has been a LONG time since I've had any QT at a bar. I'm a giant, but I have a feeling my tolerance is in the shitter.

luv
02-18-2009, 11:33 PM

Kinda what I was thinking. I'd have to slow down my pace to last that long, and I'm not even old.

The Buddha
02-18-2009, 11:34 PM
It could be worse. I always have been like that. The first time I got drunk (a pint of scotch), I had a hangover for 36 HOURS!

I've never been able to party like a teenager, even as a teenager. So be thankful you got some years in. :-)

luv
02-18-2009, 11:38 PM
It could be worse. I always have been like that. The first time I got drunk (a pint of scotch), I had a hangover for 36 HOURS!

I've never been able to party like a teenager, even as a teenager. So be thankful you got some years in. :-)

That brings up another good point for me, too. Whenever I get drunk and pass out, it's usually only for a few hours. Last weekend, I think I went to bed at around 4:30AM, and I was up and leaving the hotel by 9:15AM. I also drove three hours home. I was hurtin' Saturday night. Whenever I go the Zoner's for the bash, driving home the next day so sucks, and I'm usually still hurtin' when I have to get up to go to work on Monday morning.

burt
02-18-2009, 11:39 PM
Well, Joe, my friend, you've looked your age for years, so it had to be a matter of time until you started to feel it...

:fire:

Shit Joe looks very young to me(and compared to me)

Nzoner

and to think between now and march 24th I'll be in vegas for 14 days

burt
That brings up another good point for me, too. Whenever I get drunk and pass out, it's usually only for a few hours. Last weekend, I think I went to bed at around 4:30AM, and I was up and leaving the hotel by 9:15AM. I also drove three hours home. I was hurtin' Saturday night. Whenever I go the Zoner's for the bash, driving home the next day so sucks, and I'm usually still hurtin' when I have to get up to go to work on Monday morning.

K, I look old as hell, but I get no hangovers.

keg in kc
02-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Shit Joe looks very young to me(and compared to me)I believe Mecca's probably thinking "kill yourself" about right now.

The Buddha

You'll have to stick to the hookers and blow... Poor guy.

burt

The Mrs. and I are going to Cancun over spring break.

02-18-2009, 11:41 PM
So, whens the bash?

burt
02-18-2009, 11:41 PM
I believe Mecca's probably thinking "kill yourself" about right now.

I can do anything I could do at 21.......just not for nearly as long!;)

Nzoner
02-18-2009, 11:43 PM
ROFL

I wish I could take credit for that but I got that from this awesome guy....

http://www.backtotheeighties.net/images/alf11.jpg

luv
02-18-2009, 11:43 PM
K, I look old as hell, but I get no hangovers.

Oh, I don't mean hangover like headaches and puking (except when I hit my eye on the corner of a table). My hungover is just feeling super fatigued and not being able to eat anything.

burt
02-18-2009, 11:45 PM
Oh, I don't mean hangover like headaches and puking (except when I hit my eye on the corner of a table). My hungover is just feeling super fatigued and not being able to eat anything.

I don't get fatigued, and can still eat like ....well, someone built like me!

Nzoner
02-18-2009, 11:51 PM
So, whens the bash?

No idea,but hopefully we get more planeteers or it may be coming to an end,not that the mrs and I don't like those of you who attend,however,compared to year one the bash has bottomed out

02-18-2009, 11:54 PM
No idea,but hopefully we get more planeteers or it may be coming to an end,not that the mrs and I don't like those of you who attend,however,compared to year one the bash has bottomed outI'm still surprised how it dropped in attendance just from 2007 - 2008.

Bugeater
02-18-2009, 11:56 PM
I'm still surprised how it dropped in attendance just from 2007 - 2008.
This year it will probably just be you, me and Luv.

Nzoner
02-18-2009, 11:57 PM
I'm still surprised how it dropped in attendance just from 2007 - 2008.

If we have it this year I think we'll do a home game,then those who want to go to the game can and I'll host in the gameroom for those who want to save some bucks and party here.

I realize it's a bit of a drive but I don't understand how folks can pass up free room and board,I mean it's not like we're those deranged fockers from the texas chainsaw massacre :)

02-18-2009, 11:57 PM
This year it will probably just be you, me and Luv.Don't scare everyone away.

Bugeater
02-18-2009, 11:59 PM
Don't scare everyone away.
Hey now, she isn't THAT bad to hang out with.

ClevelandBronco
02-18-2009, 11:59 PM
...technicolor yawn...

Attributable to P.J. O'Rourke orginally, if I recall correctly. He is also responsible for the term "round trip meal ticket."

02-19-2009, 12:00 AM
If we have it this year I think we'll do a home game,then those who want to go to the game can and I'll host in the gameroom for those who want to save some bucks and party here.

I realize it's a bit of a drive but I don't understand how folks can pass up free room and board,I mean it's not like we're those deranged fockers from the texas chainsaw massacre :)Hopefully, this year I can just spend the two full days there instead of having to head out early Sunday morning.

Nzoner
02-19-2009, 12:09 AM

YOU on the othe rhand :D

Nzoner
02-19-2009, 12:22 AM
I got to try to lay down but my stomach is saying no.Oh well,i haven't puked after drinkin ina long time,hopefully it stays thata way :(

Simply Red
02-19-2009, 01:04 AM
I got to try to lay down but my stomach is saying no.Oh well,i haven't puked after drinkin ina long time,hopefully it stays thata way :(

is this a cry for help? I'm here.

Simply Red
02-19-2009, 01:04 AM
not to interloop.

beach tribe
02-19-2009, 01:25 AM
How old ARE you?

|Zach|
02-19-2009, 02:26 AM
Since I turned 25 I don't drink all that much. It just lost its allure...doesn't do much for me now. I am much more about the event or the happening or the people around me. I never drank alone even when I did have heavy drinking times and as time has gone on I just don't see the draw.

I enjoy having a few with fun people going out but...

More so it seems like post college drinking is just sad. I see its bad effects more than I ever did. Depression, anger, loneliness. I have watched it ruin lives...

There is a lot of other things I enjoy a lot more...

02-19-2009, 02:27 AM
Since I turned 25 I don't drink all that much. It just lost its allure...doesn't do much for me now. I am much more about the event or the happening or the people around me. I never drank alone even when I did have heavy drinking times and as time has gone on I just don't see the draw.

More so it seems like post college drinking is just sad. I see its bad effects more than I ever did. Depression, anger, loneliness. I have watched it ruin lives...

There is a lot of other things I enjoy a lot more...Hell, I have only had about 5 drinks since Joe's bash.

Kerberos
02-19-2009, 07:02 AM

Back in my EARLY 20's I remember getting "violently" sick after drinking over 1/2 of a 5th of Tequila in shots with beer chasers.

Till this day (I am now 43) if I even SMELL Tequila I go into instant gag reflex.

kc rush
02-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Back in my EARLY 20's I remember getting "violently" sick after drinking over 1/2 of a 5th of Tequila in shots with beer chasers.

Till this day (I am not 43) if I even SMELL Tequila I go into instant gag reflex.

Tequila is the devil. I'm in the same boat as you, won't touch it.

Skip Towne
02-19-2009, 08:51 AM
The Mrs. and I are going to Cancun over spring break.

Don't wear a gray swimsuit. Someone from Greenpeace will try to roll you back in the ocean.

Chief Henry
02-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Throw on some TUSH and get your azz in gear...

Katipan
02-19-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm only 30 and I have Grandma hours. I'm asleep by 11 and up by 5.

I can still single handedly kill a bottle of Jager with no major side effects.
But it makes me bloated and fat.

I miss 18.

gblowfish
02-19-2009, 09:00 AM
ROFL

"Technicolor Yawn" is an oldie but a goodie.

I highly recommend the "Vomit Thesaurus":

http://tinyurl.com/ca2lj

Nzoner
02-19-2009, 09:21 AM

There is a lot of other things I enjoy a lot more...

I appreciate your feelings on the subject for you,however,and not that I need to give an explanation but I was with good friends for the duration yesterday,it was our boys day/night out.I rarely drink alone unless it's a weekend and I happen to be at home playing on the computer.

I still enjoy drinking although the side effects take a little longer to subside,I do not drink daily and overall I don't think I'm depressed,angry or lonely,in fact I'm quite happy with my life and situation for the most part.

burt
02-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Don't wear a gray swimsuit. Someone from Greenpeace will try to roll you back in the ocean.

Valid point Skip!:clap::D

And I will wear good sunglasses so my Mrs. can only guess where I am looking!

El Jefe
02-19-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm only 30 and I have Grandma hours. I'm asleep by 11 and up by 5.

I can still single handedly kill a bottle of Jager with no major side effects.
But it makes me bloated and fat.

I miss 18.

I'm 21 and go to bed at 11pm and am up at 8am, and im still tired every morning. I have never had a drink, and still feel like I have a hangover in the morning. I do get really bad migraines though with lack of sleep.

Katipan
02-19-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm 21 and go to bed at 11pm and am up at 8am, and im still tired every morning. I have never had a drink, and still feel like I have a hangover in the morning. I do get really bad migraines though with lack of sleep.

I'd be concerned that 9 hours weren't enough. :(

Do you not sleep DEEP? Maybe some Ambien or Pot?

blueballs
02-19-2009, 02:09 PM
you should really know your limits by now

CoMoChief
02-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Shit happens.

sedated
02-19-2009, 02:10 PM
This year it will probably just be you, me and Luv.

:harumph: I've been there more than luv.

and I'm coming up there once this year, I don't care who else is there.

luv
02-19-2009, 02:12 PM

I love you, too.

luv
02-19-2009, 02:14 PM
:harumph: I've been there more than luv.

and I'm coming up there once this year, I don't care who else is there.

I always knew he liked me better.

El Jefe
02-19-2009, 04:55 PM
I'd be concerned that 9 hours weren't enough. :(

Do you not sleep DEEP? Maybe some Ambien or Pot?

You're right, I have to take Ambien, I've had sleeping problems for a while.

RJ
02-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Joe, I think we're about the same age and I have to confess that I lost the ability to drink like that about ten years ago. I went to the bar a couple months ago to watch football when one of my sons was visiting. We went at halftime of the early games, by the end of the late games I was ready for bed. Five hours of beer drinking is past my limitations these days.

Back in the day I could have hung with you, today you'd drink me under the table.

But I'll still give it a try if I ever get the opportunity. :D

unothadeal
02-19-2009, 05:15 PM
That sucks. In related news I turned 19 today. :)

burt
02-19-2009, 06:47 PM
That sucks. In related news I turned 19 today. :)

More related news...I have 14 pair of socks older than that.

unothadeal
02-19-2009, 07:17 PM
More related news...I have 14 pair of socks older than that.

http://www.funnyharhar.com/img6/envy.jpg

Katipan
02-19-2009, 07:19 PM
lol

Nzoner
02-19-2009, 07:29 PM
Joe, I think we're about the same age and I have to confess that I lost the ability to drink like that about ten years ago. I went to the bar a couple months ago to watch football when one of my sons was visiting. We went at halftime of the early games, by the end of the late games I was ready for bed. Five hours of beer drinking is past my limitations these days.

Back in the day I could have hung with you, today you'd drink me under the table.

But I'll still give it a try if I ever get the opportunity. :D

I didn't get to feeling 100% until about 2 p.m. today so I have to wonder if it's really worth it but after that first one they start going down easy.

As for giving it a try sometime,maybe you can finally make a bash and we'll give it a go.