PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Ken Griffey Jr. a Mariner Again

Mr. Flopnuts
02-19-2009, 12:18 AM
For not having a lot of excitement heading into baseball season, this is great fucking news. I just went from attending a game or two this year, to probably going to 10. I don't know why he picked Seattle over Atlanta, but I know he will be revered again. I predict a 30 HR, .300 avg, 100 RBI renaissance.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-19-2009, 12:22 AM
I was 11 when he started playing. He is quite literally my first real baseball hero. If I wasn't such a homebody, I'd be tempted to pick up season tickets. This is awesome for me.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-19-2009, 12:24 AM
Griffey, Jordan, and Barry Sanders were my sports idols growing up.

That's great news, but 30 bombs in Safeco is expecting a lot.

Huffman83
that SNES game he had was badass!

Reaper16
For not having a lot of excitement heading into baseball season, this is great fucking news. I just went from attending a game or two this year, to probably going to 10. I don't know why he picked Seattle over Atlanta, but I know he will be revered again. I predict a 30 HR, .300 avg, 100 RBI renaissance.
I see you matched your avatar to your prediction.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-19-2009, 12:25 AM

It's dreaming. However Safeco was built for lefties. I'd love to see him shuck all the injuries and pick right up where he left off. It would be magical.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-19-2009, 12:25 AM
I see you matched your avatar to your prediction.

Yeah. Of our new coaching staff.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Check your PMs, Flopnuts.

Ultra Peanut
02-19-2009, 12:31 AM
I still love you, Junior. http://i41.tinypic.com/2s7zz86.gif

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-19-2009, 12:32 AM
I still love you, Junior. http://i41.tinypic.com/2s7zz86.gif

Check your PMs, Peanut.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-19-2009, 12:33 AM
Check your PMs, Flopnuts.

LMAO That was great dude.

Thig Lyfe
02-19-2009, 12:43 AM
Griffey was my absolute favorite baseball player growing up. I got to see him hit a home run at the K while he was still a Mariner. Awesome moment.

Kraus
02-19-2009, 12:45 AM
that SNES game he had was badass!

Ken Griffey Jr's Winning Run? That game kicked ass.

Reaper16
02-19-2009, 12:49 AM
http://dugout.progressiveboink.com/archive/dugout1-28-06.htm

Joe Mariner
02-19-2009, 12:52 AM
* sniffle sniffle*

http://nbcsportsmedia.msnbc.com/j/ap/acf1e370-0e9d-4bda-a9db-991d1239ae71.hmedium.jpg

Tribal Warfare
02-19-2009, 01:04 AM
Griffey was/is the most naturally gifted baseball player I've seen in my lifetime.

Simply Red
02-19-2009, 01:05 AM
:# Fucking Braves!

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-19-2009, 02:14 AM
* sniffle sniffle*

http://nbcsportsmedia.msnbc.com/j/ap/acf1e370-0e9d-4bda-a9db-991d1239ae71.hmedium.jpg

I remember that moment like it was yesterday. I was sitting in my room watching the game on a 19" tube TV, gnoshing on Sprite, microwave popcorn, and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray. Edgar Martinez rips a double down the left field line, and Musberger lets out that call.

"Griffaaayyyyyyy is coming aroooooound. He's gonna try to scorrrre...."

Great moment.

The Buddha
02-19-2009, 02:17 AM
Griffey was/is the most naturally gifted baseball player I've seen in my lifetime.

We don't know that yet... But you're hopefully right. That swing was... beautiful.

Its best he goes back to Seattle. That's where he belongs. He should retire at his real home.

CoMoChief
02-19-2009, 02:22 AM
KGJ baseball for SNES was the shit.

IM glad as shit hes coming home. I dont root for the Mariners, but thts just a match made in heaven. I loved the team with Buhner, Arod, Big Unit, Cora, edgar, etc.

Hootie
02-19-2009, 02:37 AM

Griffey, Jordan and Frank Thomas for me.

#35 I wore my first year of little league...

It was #24 in every sport all the way throughout high school and legion ball...

I bat left-handed and play hockey left-handed...do everything else right-handed...

I was ABSOLUTELY obsessed with MJ, though...

I don't know when I started LOVING the NFL...I went to every Chiefs home game from age 5-12...but I was always a MLB/NBA fan...now strictly NFL.

KCCHIEFS27
02-19-2009, 02:55 AM
Everybody loved Griffey, it was quite pathetic. I personally hated the guy because he did what Manny Ramirez does now a days. Stared at every Home Run he hit..either way, 30 HR, .300 Avg and 100 RBI's is WAY out there. There is no way he can play every day, unless he uses..oh, nevermind. He probably did too. Look at how "thick" he became over the years, right?

Hootie
02-19-2009, 03:17 AM
Everybody loved Griffey, it was quite pathetic. I personally hated the guy because he did what Manny Ramirez does now a days. Stared at every Home Run he hit..either way, 30 HR, .300 Avg and 100 RBI's is WAY out there. There is no way he can play every day, unless he uses..oh, nevermind. He probably did too. Look at how "thick" he became over the years, right?

Dude, he has the prettiest homerun swing I've ever seen...the "bat drop" is a thing of beauty. It's probably the best thing in sports...

.275/25/80 is possible...either way, it's good to see him back where he belongs. I really don't think Griffey was a user...I think he'd be the only guy that would deliver a crushing blow to me if we were to find out differently.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-19-2009, 03:21 AM

Yeah, he also played defense as well as almost anyone in his entire generation.

Every player Cadillacs it when they hit a bomb. Pujols does it, Bonds did it, Sosa did the double hop, McGwire tossed his bat, Ortiz poses.

One of the few people I remember who didn't pose was Scott Rolen.

kcxiv
02-19-2009, 04:08 AM
Dodger fan here, and i felt bad for Griffey from a baseball standpoint. He should have been the greatest baseball player of all time, if it werent for all his injuries. Sucks, that a player that talented had to become a victim of the injury bug. This guy had it all, offense, defense,hit for average, power, could steal a base. Strong arm.

shame.

Coach
02-19-2009, 04:54 AM
Dodger fan here, and i felt bad for Griffey from a baseball standpoint. He should have been the greatest baseball player of all time, if it werent for all his injuries. Sucks, that a player that talented had to become a victim of the injury bug. This guy had it all, offense, defense,hit for average, power, could steal a base. Strong arm.

shame.

Very true. However, he is clearly, without a doubt, HOF material.

Ultra Peanut
02-19-2009, 04:58 AM
It's kind of funny that he's fifth all-time in home runs and is as no-doubt a Hall of Famer as is humanly possible, yet whenever he comes up the thing everybody thinks of is what a shame it is that the injuries took such a toll.

Also MSPAINT!

http://i44.tinypic.com/2j0cchy.jpg

kcxiv
02-19-2009, 05:00 AM
I know he's still a hall of famer, but just imagine if he didnt get hurt and was healthy his whole career? His numbers would have been video game numbers.

RJ
02-19-2009, 07:33 AM
So......the deal is done?

KCrockaholic
02-19-2009, 08:18 AM
Griffey baby! my favorite all-time baseball player! good to see him back with the Mariners, hell im just glad hes still playing.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-19-2009, 09:05 AM

Oh yeah totally. He wasn't hurt every year for the last 10 years. He totally used HGH. Wait........

Mr. Flopnuts
02-19-2009, 09:06 AM
So......the deal is done?

THE DEAL IS DONE!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
02-19-2009, 09:06 AM
What a glorious fucking day.

BigRedChief
02-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Besides Pujols, Griffey is my favorite player of this era.

He hit 600 home runs on talent alone. No steriods, no hgh, no creme. He played with passion and enthusiasm. It's too bad the injuries robbed him of a chance at Aarrons home run record but chit happens.

I have a Griffey Jr. signed game used jersey, a signed baseball bat and ball hanging on my wall at home.

KCrockaholic
02-19-2009, 09:16 AM
Besides Pujols, Griffey is my favorite player of this era.

He hit 600 home runs on talent alone. No steriods, no hgh, no creme. He played with passion and enthusiasm. It's too bad the injuries robbed him of a chance at Aarrons home run record but chit happens.
I have a Griffey Jr. signed game used jersey, a signed baseball bat and ball hanging on my wall at home.

QFT!!!! FTW!!

Sam Hall
02-19-2009, 09:19 AM
best swing in history

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OwOCw-yI7PA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OwOCw-yI7PA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thig Lyfe
02-19-2009, 10:28 AM
It's kind of funny that he's fifth all-time in home runs and is as no-doubt a Hall of Famer as is humanly possible, yet whenever he comes up the thing everybody thinks of is what a shame it is that the injuries took such a toll.

Also MSPAINT!

http://i44.tinypic.com/2j0cchy.jpg

The artists on that game had to have been racists, because Ken's lips were comically big in that title screen.

Molitoth
02-19-2009, 10:52 AM
After Bo Jackson, Griffey Jr became my new baseball fav. That swing was amazing. My brothers girlfriends best friend was his trainer back in seattle, so I still have an official MLB autographed baseball along with his rookie card.

It was sad watching him get traded away... along with watching his injuries. What could've been....

Thig Lyfe
02-19-2009, 11:02 AM

Is it hard?

Being retarded, I mean.