PDA

View Full Version : Football Were Keep'n Lechler!!!

Over-Head
02-19-2009, 12:40 PM
sorry if re-post

PBJ PBJ PBJ

Lechler becomes highest-paid punter

David White, Chronicle Staff Writer
Thursday, February 19, 2009

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/18/SPFU160N57.DTL

(02-18) 20:41 PST -- The Raiders re-signed four-time Pro Bowl punter Shane Lechler to a four-year contract Wednesday. Team officials declined to say what it is worth, but did say it will make him the highest-paid punter in NFL history.

NFL.com reported the contract pays Lechler $12 million, but a team source said that was not accurate. He will make an estimated $4 million in guaranteed money, the team source said.

Whatever the value, it was enough to keep Lechler from hitting the free-agent market, where multiple teams were gearing to make a run for the NFL's all-time leader in punting average.

Now, the Raiders will turn their full attention to their other Pro Bowler: cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, who can become a free agent Feb. 27 if the Raiders do not apply the franchise tag by today's 1 p.m. deadline.
The Raiders are trying to sign Asomugha to a long-term contract that will make him one of the highest-paid cornerbacks in the NFL. Asomugha has not agreed to terms, but a high-ranking official said there is still a chance the deal can get done.

Lechler, 32, made his fourth Pro Bowl last season. He was drafted by the Raiders in the fifth round in 2000 out of Texas A&M and quickly became one of the premier NFL punters.

His career 46.8-yard gross average is an ongoing NFL record.
In 2007, he set the NFL single-season record with a 41.1-yard net punting average.

Asomugha will make $11.7 million next season if the Raiders use the franchise tag on him a second straight year.

Goapics1
02-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Congrats.:whackit:

Over-Head
02-19-2009, 12:44 PM
Another article:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=11&entry_id=35991

Nnamdi talks ongoing; Lechler numbers

...."Speaking of megadeals, there have been conflicting reports about what Lechler got when he signed a four-year deal Wednesday -- ranging from $12 million up to $19 million.

What we are now hearing is this: four years, $16 million with whopping $9 million guaranteed. No punter had ever made $3 million a season, and Lechler just jumped to $4 million. Plus, his guaranteed money is also a record for a punter.

For weeks, Lechler told friends and teammates he was done with Oakland after six straight losing seasons. According to one source, that's practically all he talked about during Pro Bowl week.
At the end of the day, the Raiders' offer was too good to refuse. "

MagicHef
02-19-2009, 12:46 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2i9q9zm.jpg

SenselessChiefsFan
02-19-2009, 12:46 PM
sorry if re-post

PBJ PBJ PBJ

Lechler becomes highest-paid punter

David White, Chronicle Staff Writer
Thursday, February 19, 2009

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/18/SPFU160N57.DTL

(02-18) 20:41 PST -- The Raiders re-signed four-time Pro Bowl punter Shane Lechler to a four-year contract Wednesday. Team officials declined to say what it is worth, but did say it will make him the highest-paid punter in NFL history.

NFL.com reported the contract pays Lechler $12 million, but a team source said that was not accurate. He will make an estimated $4 million in guaranteed money, the team source said.

Whatever the value, it was enough to keep Lechler from hitting the free-agent market, where multiple teams were gearing to make a run for the NFL's all-time leader in punting average.

Now, the Raiders will turn their full attention to their other Pro Bowler: cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, who can become a free agent Feb. 27 if the Raiders do not apply the franchise tag by today's 1 p.m. deadline.
The Raiders are trying to sign Asomugha to a long-term contract that will make him one of the highest-paid cornerbacks in the NFL. Asomugha has not agreed to terms, but a high-ranking official said there is still a chance the deal can get done.

Lechler, 32, made his fourth Pro Bowl last season. He was drafted by the Raiders in the fifth round in 2000 out of Texas A&M and quickly became one of the premier NFL punters.

His career 46.8-yard gross average is an ongoing NFL record.
In 2007, he set the NFL single-season record with a 41.1-yard net punting average.

Asomugha will make $11.7 million next season if the Raiders use the franchise tag on him a second straight year.

Congrats

Archie Bunker
02-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Easily the best punter I've ever seen. He's made Raiders games watchable the past few years.

CoMoChief
02-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Congrats on overpaying a player (again) who plays the least important position in football.

the Talking Can
02-19-2009, 12:49 PM
were not interested

CaliforniaChief
02-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Congrats on retaining the world's best punter. With JaLoser Russell, your weak O-line, no receivers, and Tom the Cable guy calling back tosses to the fattest, dumbest player in history you're gonna need that one-bar wonder to save you.

Over-Head
02-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Congrats on overpaying a player (again) who plays the least important position in football.
Dude, this is the Raiders.
He IS our offence

Sweet Daddy Hate
Congrats.:whackit:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2i9q9zm.jpg

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

My sentiments exactly.

Goapics1
Dude, this is the Raiders.
He IS our offence

U Canadian?

Buck
02-19-2009, 12:56 PM
Lechler, Scifres, Colquitt

Haha, fuck the Donkies

They have to go against 3 of the leagues best.

kcsam07
02-19-2009, 12:56 PM
congrats with your offense youre gonna need him

Kerberos
02-19-2009, 12:58 PM
Greasy Al forgot to take his Alzheimers meds again.

He is a good punter but Ray Guy he ain't!

sedated
02-19-2009, 01:01 PM
This could suck when its time for Colquitt to re-up

Stewie
02-19-2009, 01:05 PM
I love it every time Lechler trots on the field.

Chief Roundup
02-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Just heard you guys also sign Namdi to a 3 yr 45 mil extension WOW

blueballs
02-19-2009, 01:07 PM
crazy Al
setting the bar

Mr. Laz
02-19-2009, 01:32 PM
3/4 million a year for a punter .. .yikes

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Alzheimer's In The House, Yo!
http://www.yoursportsnightcap.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/t1-davis.jpg
"Mmmm....how much for that bag o' dicks, sonny"?

Chief Faithful
02-19-2009, 01:47 PM
3/4 million a year for a punter .. .yikes

Not when its your main offensive weapon. Always punting from your own territory helps the average.

SPATCH
02-19-2009, 01:53 PM
were gonna be ok. were fine.

Kerberos
02-19-2009, 02:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3919067

Now they give up the bank to make Nnamdi Asomugha the HIGHEST paid DB in history to this point.

This offseason is going to be great with Greasy Al still calling the shots.

The Oakland Raiders reached agreement with cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha on a $45.3 million, three-year contract that makes him the highest-paid defensive back in NFL history.

Sources said Asomugha is guaranteed $28.5 million in a complicated deal that features a provision in which the entire contract can be guaranteed if the Raiders decide to keep the 27-year-old for the third season.

This was the second major re-signing by the Raiders in two days; on Wednesday, Shane Lechler agreed to a four-year, $16 million contract, the richest ever for a punter.

Both deals were negotiated by agent Tom Condon, with Raiders owner Al Davis having significant involvement in brokering the agreements.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-19-2009, 02:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3919067

Now they give up the bank to make Nnamdi Asomugha the HIGHEST paid DB in history to this point.

This offseason is going to be great with Greasy Al still calling the shots.

The Oakland Raiders reached agreement with cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha on a $45.3 million, three-year contract that makes him the highest-paid defensive back in NFL history.

Sources said Asomugha is guaranteed $28.5 million in a complicated deal that features a provision in which the entire contract can be guaranteed if the Raiders decide to keep the 27-year-old for the third season.

This was the second major re-signing by the Raiders in two days; on Wednesday, Shane Lechler agreed to a four-year, $16 million contract, the richest ever for a punter.

Both deals were negotiated by agent Tom Condon, with Raiders owner Al Davis having significant involvement in brokering the agreements.

And this person is who? Exactly.

Kerberos
02-19-2009, 02:11 PM

That question should make my point even MORE had he not been one of Chokelands better DB's.

NOT 3 years for 45M good though :shake:

R&GHomer
02-19-2009, 02:14 PM

Until the one on your team sucks monkey bawls

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-19-2009, 02:14 PM
That question should make my point even MORE had he not been one of Chokelands better DB's.

NOT 3 years for 45M good though :shake:

I'm dead serious; I can not recall this guys name passing over anyone's lips in any consistent kind of way.

Thinking back to our victory in the Suckage Bowl, I remember Russell, Ferguson, and whoever Flowers clocked. That's it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Until the one on your team sucks monkey bawls

Renovations be damned! Carl needs to be lynched and ran out of town Frankenstein style :cuss::cuss::cuss:
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/ca691d65.jpg

:shrug:

Goapics1
02-19-2009, 02:24 PM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/ca691d65.jpg

:shrug:

Framed?
ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Framed?
ROFL

:DNice.

Buck
02-19-2009, 02:26 PM
I'm dead serious; I can not recall this guys name passing over anyone's lips in any consistent kind of way.

Thinking back to our victory in the Suckage Bowl, I remember Russell, Ferguson, and whoever Flowers clocked. That's it.

Nmamdi Asoughama (sp?) Is regarded as one of the best DBs in the league.

However, I believe that since the Raiders cant stop the run hes not really tested all that much.

He doesn't deserve to be the highest paid, I don't think.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Nmamdi Asoughama (sp?) Is regarded as one of the best DBs in the league.

However, I believe that since the Raiders cant stop the run hes not really tested all that much.

He doesn't deserve to be the highest paid, I don't think.

I would say "that poor bastard" but well, you know...

ClevelandBronco
02-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Lechler, Scifres, Colquitt

Haha, **** the Donkies

They have to go against 3 of the leagues best.

Oh yeah. Punting is the Broncos' biggest problem.

Iowanian
02-19-2009, 02:42 PM
You need him, your #1 QB is a dismal bust and you're going to be punting as much or more thant he Chiefs again.

Buck
02-19-2009, 02:55 PM
Oh yeah. Punting is the Broncos' biggest problem.

No no no...

Punt returning...

kstater
02-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Al Davis HAS to be banking on no salary cap after next year. The way he's been tossing money around the last two years, they'll be in cap hell soon.

POND_OF_RED
02-19-2009, 03:26 PM
I wonder when they will line him up at QB and have him punt the ball to his receivers. He'd be a lot more accurate than Bustell.

Molitoth
02-19-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm fine with Colquitt....

doomy3
02-19-2009, 03:44 PM

:spock:

Seriously? He is one of the best corners in the NFL. Have you heard of guys like Champ Bailey, Asante Samuel, etc?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-19-2009, 03:47 PM
:spock:

Seriously? He is one of the best corners in the NFL. Have you heard of guys like Champ Bailey, Asante Samuel, etc?

They paid that to a fucking Corner? :eek: ROFLROFLROFLROFL

I've hear of Bailey and Samuel, yes.

doomy3
02-19-2009, 03:49 PM
They paid that to a ****ing Corner? :eek: ROFLROFLROFLROFL

I've hear of Bailey and Samuel, yes.

An elite, shutdown corner who basically shuts down the best receiver on the other team every week? Yeah, I would say that a guy like that is worth big money.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-19-2009, 03:53 PM
An elite, shutdown corner who basically shuts down the best receiver on the other team every week? Yeah, I would say that a guy like that is worth big money.

Well if he's that fuckin' good, then I DO feel sorry for that poor bastard! All that talent locked away in the House of Shite.... It's Barry and Detroit all over again...ROFL

RodInCanton
02-19-2009, 06:42 PM

Not trying to talk smack but how has he become an elite corner? I've watched him a few times and I have not seen him get tested that much because why would you run when they cannot stop the run?!? That would be like saying that the Broncos CB's did an ok job last year. No they didn't, just why pass and risk a turnover when you can just run at your own convenience?!?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Not trying to talk smack but how has he become an elite corner? I've watched him a few times and I have not seen him get tested that much because why would you run when they cannot stop the run?!? That would be like saying that the Broncos CB's did an ok job last year. No they didn't, just why pass and risk a turnover when you can just run at your own convenience?!?

ROFL

What the fuck happened to E-Roy? I don't think he and Gay Butler are jivin' to well...

Discuss!:D

Over-Head
02-19-2009, 06:56 PM
I wonder when they will line him up at QB and have him punt the ball to his receivers. He'd be a lot more accurate than Bustell.
The sad part is your right:(

Over-Head
02-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Well if he's that ****in' good, then I DO feel sorry for that poor bastard! All that talent locked away in the House of Shite.... It's Barry and Detroit all over again...ROFL
Barry naver made 45 mill in Detroit ;)

keg in kc
02-19-2009, 06:57 PM
I'd make fun of you for rejoicing over a punter if you weren't picking after us in April.

Over-Head
02-19-2009, 06:58 PM
I'd make fun of you for rejoicing over a punter if you weren't picking after us in April.:D