PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Haley on Sirius

penchief
02-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Todd Haley just on Sirius.

- Pioli one of the best if not the best at what he does.

- Chief ownership big factor in coming to KC.

- Phenomenal fan base in KC.

- Knows players are anxious to talk to the new coach but his evaluation process will be based on what he sees.

- Some things to be encouraged about Thigpen. Athletic, competitive, and shows leadership qualities.

- Only philosophy about taking a quarterback high in the draft is that you'd better be right if you do it.

- Biggest factor in Warner turning his game around was limiting turnovers. Goes for all quarterbacks.

- Very happy with his staff. The more he's around Chan Gailey, the more pleased he is with having him on board.

Not much new.

smittysbar
02-20-2009, 01:59 PM
rinse and repeat.........they sure make it boring

ChiefRon
02-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Just got through listening to the interview with Todd Haley on Sirius (last segment on Sirius Blitz - Shein / Wilcotts)

Paraphrasing:
- Lot of young players, but hasn't been caught up on all of them
- Spent most of his time building a staff, still has some pieces to add
- Only watched 5 or 6 games so far, but most games were close, could have been 8-8
- Hasn't talked to LJ, TG, or any of the players yet so wouldn't comment on their public comments until he talks to them
- Only guys that want to be here, want to be coached, want to get better
- QB is most critical position on field
- Thigpen shows some encouraging things, will be in the mix, very competitive, leadership qualities, but he hasn't studied him enough yet
- If you take a QB high in the draft, you better be right; but you don't have to have a 1st round guy, he has experience working with top picks as well as low picks and undrafted picks (Warner, Romo, Testeverde, Bledsoe, Leinart, maybe some others he mentioned)
- QB qualities – don't turn the ball over, need leadership and move the ball, but most important is not turning the ball over
- Proud of his staff, Adam Shein was raving about how awesome the staff is
- Most important thing is building the staff, will be judged by the performance of this staff, about as important if not more than the draft, really excited about Gailey

That's what I caught, did anyone catch anything else?

alpha_omega
02-20-2009, 02:02 PM
rinse and repeat.........they sure make it boring

If that is what it takes to equal W's, i will be satisfied with boredom all offseason.

ChiefRon
02-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Crap, someone else started the thread about the same time, how do i merge this thread into that one?

DeezNutz
02-20-2009, 02:03 PM
- Only watched 5 or 6 games so far, but most games were close, could have been 8-8

Fuck yes!!!

DeezNutz
02-20-2009, 02:04 PM

Oh shit.

Fritz88
02-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Only guys that want to be here, want to be coached, want to get better

I like that.

Fritz88
02-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Crap, someone else started the thread about the same time, how do i merge this thread into that one?

Deface or one of the mods will take care of it soon.

smittysbar
If that is what it takes to equal W's, i will be satisfied with boredom all offseason.

Me to, but it's still boring

alpha_omega

That's impressive....calling out the repost police on yourself.

Fritz88
02-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Todd Haley just on Sirius.

- Pioli one of the best if not the best at what he does.

better be

ChiefRon
02-20-2009, 02:08 PM
That's impressive....calling out the repost police on yourself.

I hate multiple threads about the same shit. I was typing notes into the new thread and submitted it when finished typing notes after interview, didn't take the time to see if someone else beat me to it...

ChiefRon
02-20-2009, 02:10 PM
**** yes!!!

Maybe he asked Herm how many games could they have won?

ROFL

J/K, said he had so many calls the past two weeks there's no way he could return them all...said he ignored most of them so he could focus on building his staff. :)

Coogs
02-20-2009, 02:10 PM
I hate multiple threads about the same shit. I was typing notes into the new thread and submitted it when finished typing notes after interview, didn't take the time to see if someone else beat me to it...

FWIW, I like your version bit more than the other one. :toast:

ChiefRon
02-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Based on his comments, I would say he's still on the lookout for more staff, maybe the defense, maybe QB coach?

RINGLEADER
02-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Thigpen will be the starter next season.

ChiefRon
02-20-2009, 02:16 PM

His comments do worry me a little, he also pointed out that Pioli has experience with low-round QBs too.

But then, I bet he hasn't seen the Atlanta game yet, and maybe he's only watched the tapes from the first half of those few games he's seen so far...

Tribal Warfare
02-20-2009, 02:16 PM

"in the mix" isn't very encouraging if one is a Thigpen fan

Fritz88
02-20-2009, 02:18 PM
His comments do worry me a little, he also pointed out that Pioli has experience with low-round QBs too.

But then, I bet he hasn't seen the Atlanta game yet, and maybe he's only watched the tapes from the first half of those few games he's seen so far...

One of the reasons that I like Thigpen is how he developed himself after the Atlanta game. I think it is in his advantage. Once Todd sees it, he will believe that the guy has some potential.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-20-2009, 02:19 PM
All I'm getting from this thread is Aaron Curry.

alpha_omega
02-20-2009, 02:19 PM

It is kind of looking that way isn't it?

smittysbar
02-20-2009, 02:25 PM
It is kind of looking that way isn't it?

I guess I am missing something tha you guys are seeing. In the mix isn't exactly a real big vote of confidence in the guy IMO.

EyePod
02-20-2009, 02:27 PM
This ones better but I have to do it anyways....

http://www.bhop73.com/stuff/forumfun/repost.jpg

-King-
02-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Dammit, another thread about to turn into a pro thigpen vs. anti thigpen argument. ROFL

I like Haley, he seems to be a straight to the point, take no bullshit kind of guy.

The Franchise
02-20-2009, 02:44 PM

Where do you get that? Honestly...do you think he's going to come out and basically say that Thigpen is garbage and WILL not be the starter next year?

Kylo Ren
02-20-2009, 02:44 PM
What's going on here?

ChiefRon
02-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Where do you get that? Honestly...do you think he's going to come out and basically say that Thigpen is garbage and WILL not be the starter next year?

Yes, yes I was hoping he would.

ROFL

beach tribe
02-20-2009, 02:49 PM
One of the reasons that I like Thigpen is how he developed himself after the Atlanta game. I think it is in his advantage. Once Todd sees it, he will believe that the guy has some potential.

You mean when we switched to the spread?

Christofire
02-20-2009, 02:50 PM
Anyone have any links to that interview/press conference?

kcxiv
02-20-2009, 02:50 PM
All it sounds like is Thigpen will get a chance to show what he has directly to Haley. Its alot better then Herm just handing the job over to Broken Croyle.

"Bob" Dobbs
02-20-2009, 02:54 PM
I think Thiggy HAS to be the starter at this point. Even if we draft a QB, it'd be mid-season before we see much from the new guy at best, IMO.

smittysbar
02-20-2009, 02:55 PM
I think Thiggy HAS to be the starter at this point. Even if we draft a QB, it'd be mid-season before we see much from the new guy at best, IMO.

Not if he gets torched in camp

"Bob" Dobbs
02-20-2009, 02:58 PM
still a big "if"

DaneMcCloud
02-20-2009, 03:01 PM

Thigpen didn't "develop".

Gailey used the spread offense, the same offense that Thigpen ran in college because he couldn't play behind center.

Additionally, if he had "developed", his completion percentage would not have declined from the 1st quarter to 4th quarter in nearly every game.

raybec 4
02-20-2009, 03:03 PM
It will be interesting to see what they do with Brokie, it's not like he has any trade value and they don't have a bunch of money tied up in him. I doubt he makes it through training camp.

Frosty
02-20-2009, 03:04 PM

Smokescreen

NickAthanFan
02-20-2009, 03:14 PM
He said he's worked with low picks and high picks. Said he hasn't seen enough of Thigpen yet.

And the true fans here manage to read into his statement that Thigpen is our guy.

googlegoogle
02-20-2009, 03:15 PM
who is our defensive coordinator?

smittysbar
02-20-2009, 03:17 PM
who is our defensive coordinator?
They have not announced one yet.

SAUTO
02-20-2009, 03:20 PM
He said he's worked with low picks and high picks. Said he hasn't seen enough of Thigpen yet.

And the true fans here manage to read into his statement that Thigpen is our guy.

and the poo fans turn it into thigpen sucksROFL

NickAthanFan
02-20-2009, 03:26 PM
and the poo fans turn it into thigpen sucksROFL

True fans v Poo fans.

You bitches should stop your infighting, pay me, and become members of the smartest group of Chiefs fans on planet earth. WPI members.

HemiEd
02-20-2009, 03:27 PM
I missed this interview, but heard the one with Josh Freeman. He sounded pretty impressive, and have I ever mentioned his measureables? 6-6, 247!!!

penchief
02-20-2009, 04:52 PM

I didn't get that from listening to it. I think he was just complimenting Thigpen on the things he does well. It left me believing that there were things that he didn't mention that he may have concerns about. Leaving me to believe that the evaluation process is far from over.

Silock
02-20-2009, 05:03 PM
Thigpen didn't "develop".

Gailey used the spread offense, the same offense that Thigpen ran in college because he couldn't play behind center.

Additionally, if he had "developed", his completion percentage would not have declined from the 1st quarter to 4th quarter in nearly every game.

I'm not disagreeing with you exactly, but I think it's a bit unfair to say that he is incapable of playing under center based on last year's team. Peyton Manning would have been terribad under center for this team last year, too.

blueballs
02-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Are the comets still in KC

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by ChiefRon http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5510680#post5510680)

Oh shit.

BWU-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!:fire:

Oh, and that other QB comment? Smokescreen.

I'm not going to hex this majestic moment in Chiefs History, so I'll just use a visual aide regarding the status of the....(rhymes with wheel):

:titus:
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/arrow.jpg

DaneMcCloud
02-20-2009, 05:29 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you exactly, but I think it's a bit unfair to say that he is incapable of playing under center based on last year's team. Peyton Manning would have been terribad under center for this team last year, too.

Peyton Manning can read a defense and gets rid of the ball quickly and accurately.

Thigpen doesn't have any of those abilities.

allen_kcCard
02-20-2009, 05:32 PM
It will be interesting to see what they do with Brokie, it's not like he has any trade value and they don't have a bunch of money tied up in him. I doubt he makes it through training camp.

I think they should ritualistically burn the red or yellow or whatever color they use for the no contact players and tell all the defensive players they get a bonus for every good hit they can land on Brodie. Tell Brodie if he can beat out the other QBs in camp AND survive, he has a shot at the job again. Otherwise, tell him he needs to buy stock in clipboard blister ointment.

soundmind
02-20-2009, 05:49 PM
He talks about "clean slates", but it doesn't sound like he wants Larry too much, not without a serious change of heart on 27's side...

DrRyan
02-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Not at all what this thread is about, but in what capacity has Carthon been brought on? Asst. HC? Is that right? Thought I would ask since someone brought up the D Coordinator.

Al Bundy
02-20-2009, 06:12 PM
I paid attention to Robyn from Canada... too bad she's a Packers fan.