PDA

View Full Version : Life In Atlanta for the weekend...Any Ideas?

mesmith31
02-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Checked out a restaurant I saw last week on Diners, Drive ins and Dives kinda looking for some ideas of some places to see of things that may be going on.

MIAdragon
02-20-2009, 08:46 PM
**edit** it was Simply Red that lives in ATL**

StcChief
02-20-2009, 08:47 PM
where is the dumb a$$ midnite vulture.... oh yeah is wasn't real.

mesmith31
02-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Naw, if I wanted to hang out with Bronco fans I would go to Mile High

RJ
02-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Yes. I think I'll get a beer.

joesomebody
02-20-2009, 08:56 PM
I've heard dog fighting is big there.

Rain Man
02-20-2009, 09:04 PM
How about sitting in traffic? You could sit in traffic for a while to get the full Atlanta experience.

Barring that, isn't there that big civil war mountain in Stone Mountain? (I think Stone Mountain is nearby.) I hadn't thought about that in ages. Other than that, I'm kind of stumped.

RJ
02-20-2009, 09:08 PM
How about sitting in traffic? You could sit in traffic for a while to get the full Atlanta experience.

Barring that, isn't there that big civil war mountain in Stone Mountain? (I think Stone Mountain is nearby.) I hadn't thought about that in ages. Other than that, I'm kind of stumped.

Stone Mountain was really impressive to me as a child. I remember reading that the mouth of one of the horses was as long as a football field.

Looking back on it, that sounds a little far-fetched. I was such a gullible kid.

Skip Towne
02-20-2009, 09:08 PM

Unusual for you. You've been everywhere and done everything. Why, you've even been a Lowland Gorilla.

Halfcan
02-20-2009, 09:10 PM
The Zoo is awesome, Atlanta underground has some nice clubs, tour the baseball stadium for free, and hit the coke musuem.

Rain Man
02-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Unusual for you. You've been everywhere and done everything. Why, you've even been a Lowland Gorilla.

Don't blame me, blame Atlanta and its lack of thick jungle undergrowth.

Rain Man
02-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Stone Mountain was really impressive to me as a child. I remember reading that the mouth of one of the horses was as long as a football field.

Looking back on it, that sounds a little far-fetched. I was such a gullible kid.

That does sound a little far-fetched, but then again I've never seen it.

Is it near Atlanta?

Jenson71
02-20-2009, 09:24 PM
I had a strange growing up experience when I found a pack of matches from a Gold's Club in Atlanta in a kitchen drawer soon after my dad had a business conference there.

Tribal Warfare
02-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Atlanta + Motorcycles+ chicks= One badass time

dshyne101
02-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Strokers is a good spot!!

Jewish Rabbi
02-20-2009, 10:00 PM
You could always lose to your Grandpa in arm wrestling.

FAX
02-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Hmmm. Well, I don't know the kind of stuff you like, Mr. mesmith31, but since you're from Des Moines you are probably interested in aliens and New World Order stuff.

With that in mind, I suggest you visit the Georgia Guidestones. Some peeps refer to this monument as the American Stonehenge. It has to be the weirdest damn thing in the whole, entire, wide world other than Mr. Bob Dole's garage.

No one knows who built it or why, but it contains strange writings in 8 languages including Egyptian Hieroglyphs, Ancient Greek, and Cuneiform and calls for (among other things) a reduction in the human population to 500 million total peeps. They say that if you urinate on the stones, you will have a long life and hook up with a young, blond, nubile girl with a nice tan and rather large feet. Good luck.

FAX

shakesthecat
02-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Hmmm. Well, I don't know the kind of stuff you like, Mr. mesmith31, but since you're from Des Moines you are probably interested in aliens and New World Order stuff.

FAX

With all due respect Mr Fax, WTF?

I can assure you that aliens and New World Order stuff are way down the list of thing we Des Moinesites, er Des Moinesians, or whatever the F we're called, are interested in.

Sex, drugs, and rock and roll.
In that order

Oh, and bacon

Simply Red
02-20-2009, 10:51 PM
are you hot?

Simply Red
02-20-2009, 10:52 PM
pfft, joking, silly.

blueballs
02-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Only been through Atlanta in the early morning hours
dodging traffic cones

DeezNutz
02-20-2009, 10:59 PM
ESPN says there are strip clubs there.

Make it rain.

Simply Red
02-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Brookhaven - The Tavern @ Phipps, Pub71, Hudson Grill,

Buckhead - Nava, Tongue N Groove, Opera is cool as fuck + you'll be dancing w/ hot chicks 360 degrees around your dancing ass.

Also - Try to hit up Taco Cabana it's a good taco-house.

Lenox is cool during the day.

Everybody's pizza in Virginia Highlands.

Atlantic Station - Just try to duck like every once in a while.

The VARSITY downtown is an Atlanta novelty, shitty junk food fast food must. Chili cheese everthing, apple-pies blah blah...

I'd make Brookhaven a priority, it's a nice speed.

There's also cabbage-town (east atlanta) which is eclectic.

Yeah, the zoo.

Also, there is midtown, which is really hip.

Virginia Highlands,

Justins is here, which is P-Diddy's Restaurant.

umm, what's the matter, mesmith31? Your sweating.

Anyhow, Ummm, also, Phipps Plaza overall is just super cool.

Little Five Points, where it's Halloween year round, but some nice record stores and Felini's Pizza.

Rain Man
02-20-2009, 11:04 PM
With all due respect Mr Fax, WTF?

I can assure you that aliens and New World Order stuff are way down the list of thing we Des Moinesites, er Des Moinesians, or whatever the F we're called, are interested in.

Sex, drugs, and rock and roll.
In that order

Oh, and bacon

I thought sex, drugs, and rock and roll was Ames. Des Moines is aliens, conspiracies, and cults.

Simply Red
02-20-2009, 11:05 PM
I thought sex, drugs, and rock and roll was Ames. Des Moines is aliens, conspiracies, and cults.

ROFL Best poster on here.

Bearcat
02-20-2009, 11:14 PM
I'll be there in a week or two, working and staying downtown for a couple of months. I was there a few weeks ago and it looks like there's a ton to do within walking distance -- the aquarium, coke place, Georgia Dome, Philips Arena for the Hawks and Thrashers, the underground thing, etc... and I'll be there during the ACC tournament, too. PBJ

Simply Red
02-20-2009, 11:16 PM
I'll be there in a week or two, working and staying downtown for a couple of months. I was there a few weeks ago and it looks like there's a ton to do within walking distance -- the aquarium, coke place, Georgia Dome, Philips Arena for the Hawks and Thrashers, the underground thing, etc... and I'll be there during the ACC tournament, too. PBJ

your welcome to call me, if you want.

Smed1065
02-21-2009, 12:59 AM
The aquarium is nice but not 1 of a kind, IMO.

Over-Head
02-21-2009, 09:31 AM
Checked out a restaurant I saw last week on Diners, Drive ins and Dives kinda looking for some ideas of some places to see of things that may be going on.
HOOTERS corperate office store.
You'll swear your at a Playboy mansion :drool: