PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who will be this years Ryan Clady?

MGRS13
02-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Last year at draft time the biggest cry of the planet was "if we draft clady I'm going to shoot carl" or "clady = huge reach" or "clady's going to be a bust." Well so much for that. So I ask you who is this years Clady? I'm not going to make a poll(and not only because I don't know how in the first place) but the stipulations of the thread are, it has to be a player that will go in the first round or top of the second and has to also have a following of haters on this site........
OK so my pick of the Clady award this year is going to Josh Freeman. Most people on here seem to just laugh when he is mentioned as a first rounder or CRINGE when any one suggests we drop and take him. I am not saying this is who we should draft but I am saying I think he will pan out. So what say you?

The Franchise
02-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Mark Sanchez

Dave Lane
02-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Mark Sanchez

this

CupidStunt
02-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Mark Sanchez

:spock:

He's 50-50 here. ChiefsPlanet hated Ryan Clady.

The Franchise
02-22-2009, 01:10 PM

I didn't hate him.....I just didn't want him at #5.

MGRS13
02-22-2009, 01:12 PM

Yea you are correct, but I'd say some people on this site are so anti sanchez or stafford either could qualify.

MGRS13
02-22-2009, 01:13 PM
I didn't hate him.....I just didn't want him at #5.

Would you take him at 5 now?

The Franchise
02-22-2009, 01:13 PM

Hindsight is always 20-20.

eazyb81
02-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Actually, the answer is anyone but Stafford or Sanchez.

If we stay put at #3 and draft, say, Eugene Monroe or Aaron Curry, the board will literally blow up.

The Franchise
02-22-2009, 01:15 PM

If we stay put at #3 and draft, say, Eugene Monroe or Aaron Curry, the board will literally blow up.

Curry no. Monroe yes.

Look....I want a QB just as much as anyone...but if Pioli passes on Stafford/Sanchez then I have to assume that he thinks that they aren't worth the #3 pick. If he takes Curry at #3....I'll be a little pissed but I'll assume that they think that he's an all-world LB and he's going to make a difference. Monroe on the other hand.....would be retarded.

orange
02-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Aaron Curry.

Portlantis
02-22-2009, 01:22 PM

Probably not. Had we drafted Clady we wouldn't have drafted Albert, who I think is going to end up being a better player.

In two or three years I think we'll be very happy we drafted Dorsey at 5.

MIAdragon
02-22-2009, 01:36 PM
Mark Sanchez

There are WAY too many that want to blow him here.

milkman
02-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Probably not. Had we drafted Clady we wouldn't have drafted Albert, who I think is going to end up being a better player.

Agreed.

In two or three years I think we'll be very happy we drafted Dorsey at 5.

If we are transitioning to a 34, then this is really isn't likely.

doomy3
02-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Curry or Crabtree

CupidStunt
02-22-2009, 02:25 PM
The chances it's Curry are about 0.01%. He could be just damn good and I'll be glad we passed. He'll have to be special, RARE, for me to think, "Damn it."

SenselessChiefsFan
02-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Last year at draft time the biggest cry of the planet was "if we draft clady I'm going to shoot carl" or "clady = huge reach" or "clady's going to be a bust." Well so much for that. So I ask you who is this years Clady? I'm not going to make a poll(and not only because I don't know how in the first place) but the stipulations of the thread are, it has to be a player that will go in the first round or top of the second and has to also have a following of haters on this site........
OK so my pick of the Clady award this year is going to Josh Freeman. Most people on here seem to just laugh when he is mentioned as a first rounder or CRINGE when any one suggests we drop and take him. I am not saying this is who we should draft but I am saying I think he will pan out. So what say you?

It's got to be Monroe. Mark Sancez has his loyal followers, but the detractors aren't totally against the guy. The detractors just see reasons to at least question him being worth the #3 pick. I know I won't go ballistic if the Chiefs draft him. I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

There are very few that would be okay with Monroe. I think he will pan out to be a good player, but I think picking him at #3 would be a mistake.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-22-2009, 02:47 PM
It's got to be Monroe. Mark Sancez has his loyal followers, but the detractors aren't totally against the guy. The detractors just see reasons to at least question him being worth the #3 pick. I know I won't go ballistic if the Chiefs draft him. I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

There are very few that would be okay with Monroe. I think he will pan out to be a good player, but I think picking him at #3 would be a mistake.

Monroe would be fine if we didn't already have a LT. People don't want him because of that, not his ability. Clady just wasn't highly thought of at all around here.

ChiefsCountry
02-22-2009, 03:00 PM
We will see how well Clady plays when he isnt in Shanny's scheme, which everybody thought would be the best fit for him.

blueballs
02-22-2009, 03:11 PM
They won't be drafted
by the Raiders

StcChief
02-22-2009, 04:20 PM
Curry / Crabtree. trade down and get another 2nd round pick. then who knows BPA?

EyePod
02-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Sanchez isn't going to be good though, so how can he be good like Clady?

milkman
02-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Monroe would be fine if we didn't already have a LT. People don't want him because of that, not his ability. Clady just wasn't highly thought of at all around here.

This.

I don't think there's anyone here who thinks that Monroe isn't going to be a damn good LT in the NFL.

Frankie
02-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Mark Sanchez

My head says Sanchez is a reach at 3. But my gut says you may be right.

Frankie
02-22-2009, 05:57 PM

I would prefer either to many other possibilities like, say, Orakpo.

DeezNutz
02-22-2009, 06:00 PM
I would prefer either to many other possibilities like, say, Orakpo.

Albert looked great at LT all last season, and his continued upside is tremendous.

Why would anyone prefer drafting what would be a RT at #3?

Orakpo would be a serious reach at this position, but at least the logic of the selection is sound. The organization would be saying he's a top-flight DE. We might not agree, but...

milkman
02-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Albert looked great at LT all last season, and his continued upside is tremendous.

Why would anyone prefer drafting what would be a RT at #3?

Orakpo would be a serious reach at this position, but at least the logic of the selection is sound. The organization would be saying he's a top-flight DE. We might not agree, but...

Because people can't seem to understand how impractical spending consecutive first round picks, and top 15 money, on LTs is.

Frankie
02-22-2009, 06:04 PM
The chances it's Curry are about 0.01%. He could be just damn good and I'll be glad we passed. He'll have to be special, RARE, for me to think, "Damn it."

Our worst problem on the D was the pass rush. If we go D at 3 it better damn well be on a great pass rusher. There is no obvious one in this draft. Curry's resume is sadly deficient in that department.

Frankie
02-22-2009, 06:08 PM
It's got to be Monroe....The detractors just see reasons to at least question him being worth the #3 pick. I know I won't go ballistic if the Chiefs draft him. I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Frankly, I've been hoping that Oher would continue his drop so we could draft him in the 2nd as a RT. Granted I don't know if he has ever played on the right side. But I assume he is talented enough to successfully convert and become a stud RT.

Frankie
02-22-2009, 06:09 PM

Ahem,... ahem,.... cough,... cough!!!

milkman
02-22-2009, 06:15 PM

Actually, I think there were a number of people that liked Clady, they just didn't like his value at #5.

And yes, you were the biggest supporter.

Credit where it's due.

DeezNutz
02-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Because people can't seem to understand how impractical spending consecutive first round picks, and top 15 money, on LTs is.

Is it going to take the fucking Goodyear blimp to explain this?

It's not too difficult.

SAUTO
02-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Is it going to take the fucking Goodyear blimp to explain this?

It's not too difficult.

but but dont you need a backup?:D

Pasta Little Brioni
02-22-2009, 07:33 PM

Well, nice call on Clady so far. Still glad we've got Albert though.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Actually, I think there were a number of people that liked Clady, they just didn't like his value at #5.

And yes, you were the biggest supporter.

Credit where it's due.

That is correct. I should have put that he wasn't worthy for our top 5 pick by many.

kstater
02-22-2009, 08:47 PM
It won't show for a couple years or more, but Freeman.

wazu
02-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Just want to get some more "I-told-you-so" kicks in here. I was pretty much the lone voice crying out to draft Clady last year. I had threats of violence against me based on this.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-22-2009, 08:57 PM
Just want to get some more "I-told-you-so" kicks in here. I was pretty much the lone voice crying out to draft Clady last year. I had threats of violence against me based on this.

As well you should have. We got a player with more upside 10 slots later and the most talented defensive player in the draft.

wazu
02-22-2009, 08:58 PM
However it should also be clarified that while I was saying we should go with Clady, it never even occured to me that Dorsey would be available, and I was happy with the Dorsey pick.

wazu
02-22-2009, 08:59 PM
As well you should have. We got a player with more upside 10 slots later and the most talented defensive player in the draft.

Not sure how Albert has more upside. Is this still the case in your deluded mind?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Not sure how Albert has more upside. Is this still the case in your deluded mind?

He has much better feet and he's a better natural pass blocker, for one. Clady was heavily protected by Denver's scheme last year.

wazu
02-22-2009, 09:08 PM
He has much better feet and he's a better natural pass blocker, for one. Clady was heavily protected by Denver's scheme last year.

I don't care how well "protected" a player supposedly is. When people are saying he might be the best OT in pro football, and he is still a rookie, it's pretty clear that the Chiefsplanet doubters were wrong. Holding onto such anti-hype makes you no better than somebody suffering from TFS.

chiefsfan4life1978
02-22-2009, 09:09 PM
I don't know who this year's Ryan Clady will be, but I think this year's Jerrod Meyo will be Rey Maualuga. I could easily see him being the defensive rookie of the year. Nobody thinks he's worth a top pick in this year's draft, but I'd trade our #3 pick for Meyo in a heart beat and I think Maualuga will be just as good.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-22-2009, 09:22 PM
I don't care how well "protected" a player supposedly is. When people are saying he might be the best OT in pro football, and he is still a rookie, it's pretty clear that the Chiefsplanet doubters were wrong. Holding onto such anti-hype makes you no better than somebody suffering from TFS.

Dude, it's a fact that ZBS's insulate tackles. And anyone who thinks that Clady is already the best tackle in football is insane. Could he be at one point? Certainly. Is he right now? Absolutely not.

That's like saying Joe Flacco is the best QB in football.

Remember the difference between Joe Thomas' first year and second? You might want to think about that before putting the cart before the horse.

Albert is a better natural athlete. He's got more fluid hips, and he's stronger at the point of attack. That's why Clady was drafted to a team that ran a zone blocking scheme, FWIW. He's not a good in-line drive blocker.