PDA

View Full Version : Royals kaufman stadium construction update

kcfanXIII
02-22-2009, 02:05 PM
here's the deal, i see people on here asking about stadium renovations, and how they are coming along. the sports complex is less than 5 minutes from my house, and on my way home from work. i will start giving photo updates regularly, and as the weather warms up, hopefully some closer shots. i can get my motorcycle real close, but had troubles getting close today in my car. enjoy.

Bowser
02-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Nice pics.

How long will this refurbishment take to be completely finished?

kcfanXIII
02-22-2009, 02:12 PM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/kaufmanrenovations.jpg
a panoramic shot of kaufman while contruction is underway. 2-22-2009

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/IMG_0222.jpg
an open air balcony in the upper deck. presumably for handicap seating.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/IMG_0207.jpg
a look at outfield concession stands.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/IMG_0209.jpg
workers test new stairways connecting upper and lower concourses

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/IMG_0220.jpg
the new royals hall of fame in left field

Nice pics.

How long will this refurbishment take to be completely finished?

the last numbers i saw were 95% by opening day. the press box behind homeplate is still a mess. i could see it, but wasn't going to try and get a pic from blue ridge. from what i heard, it will be the offices that will be completed after opening day, and that the fans side of the ballpark will be complete.

Fish
02-22-2009, 02:14 PM
Thanks. It's appreciated....

kcfanXIII
02-22-2009, 02:17 PM
no problem, i know not everyone gets to see them every day. gives me a chance to play with my camera too.

Stewie
02-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Sweet! I'm ready for some Royals' baseball.

Bearcat
02-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Thanks.. hadn't seen it since the Chiefs/Dolphins game. :thumb:

Demonpenz
02-22-2009, 02:24 PM
kansas city royals losing in style since 1986

Stewie
02-22-2009, 02:26 PM

Dude! You're not normally a buzzkill.

kcfanXIII
02-22-2009, 02:28 PM

while this is true, the stars seem to be aligning, ready to lift the losing stigma off the royals. if you look at recent history, a team with a recently renovated or newly constructed stadium enjoy a period of success after their new facilities are completed. dayton made some good moves this offseason, and i think the royals are poised to make a run.

or i'm just a homer.

cabletech94
02-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Nice pics kcfan!!! Thanks!!

Demonpenz
Dude! You're not normally a buzzkill.

it is a shame they can't use that money on actual players

Demonpenz
while this is true, the stars seem to be aligning, ready to lift the losing stigma off the royals. if you look at recent history, a team with a recently renovated or newly constructed stadium enjoy a period of success after their new facilities are completed. dayton made some good moves this offseason, and i think the royals are poised to make a run.

or i'm just a homer.

hell yeah pirates and nats fucking dominated weeeeeeeee

KCUnited
02-22-2009, 02:31 PM
K is for kid.

eazyb81
02-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Nice, but I'm still disappointed we're not building a downtown stadium right now.

kcfanXIII
02-22-2009, 02:33 PM
i hate this argument. the royals would have to significantly overpay for most free agents. it will continue to be that way, until they can prove they are competitive past memorial day. there is no reason to go pay a guy 20% or more over market value. that is why the class b free agents don't bother me so much. now if they make a run at the al central crown, and improve beyond that, and they continue to pass on the class a free agents, we might have a problem.

kcfanXIII
02-22-2009, 02:35 PM
hell yeah pirates and nats ****ing dominated weeeeeeeee

i never said it was 100% nor did i mean to imply it was the only thing needed. just the increased revenue tends to lead to better baseball teams.

-King-
02-22-2009, 02:50 PM
That open air balcony freaked me out for some reason when I first saw the pic. But looks like everything is coming along nicely. Cant wait to see the finished products of both the K and Arrowhead. Wish there was a rolling roof though.

Great pics by the way.

DeezNutz
02-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Nice, but I'm still disappointed we're not building a downtown stadium right now.

Give it 8 years or so.

Kraus
02-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the pictures!

tk13
02-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Cool pics, I'd been wondering how it was going. I wasn't totally against the idea of a downtown stadium, but... I really had doubts whether they could build something as unique as the K, and not just another "retro" looking downtown stadium, which has become the norm. I'm sure it would've looked cool but probably not any more distinctive than the new Busch or any other ballpark. The K is truly one of the hidden gems of baseball.

And oddly enough, with so many teams building new parks, the K is now gonna be one of the oldest ballparks in the league. That's pretty cool I think.

CHENZ A!
02-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Downtown would've been great. Too bad all the idiots got fooled by that "WOOOOOO WOOOOO" lady.

FloridaMan88
02-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Can you provide some pictures of the Arrowhead construction as well?

stlchiefs
02-22-2009, 08:04 PM

What do you think this is a Chief's board? Get lost!

kcfanXIII
02-22-2009, 08:57 PM

actually, i thought about this, but with arrowhead being completely enclosed by the bowl, you really can't see anything. they've got four cranes i believe, building the same type of enclosure around the concourse. next time i'm taking pictures i'll get some of arrowhead, but its hard to even tell anything is going on.

Bowser
02-22-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm going to make an effort to make more games this year. I'm actually somewhat stoked about the posssibiliteis this year. Between some good signings and the refurb, this should equal a no-miss year.

Of course, it is only late February. My homerism may fade by the end of April....

kcfanXIII
02-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Of course, it is only late February. My homerism may fade by the end of April....

this.

Demonpenz
02-22-2009, 10:00 PM
nzoner needs to get us pics of the chiefs building stuff at missouri western

FloridaMan88
02-22-2009, 10:02 PM
actually, i thought about this, but with arrowhead being completely enclosed by the bowl, you really can't see anything. they've got four cranes i believe, building the same type of enclosure around the concourse. next time i'm taking pictures i'll get some of arrowhead, but its hard to even tell anything is going on.

I just wanted to see what the new administrative building looks like (if you can get a picture of it without having to go too far out of your way).

kcfanXIII
02-22-2009, 10:10 PM
over by the practice facility?

rtmike
02-22-2009, 10:16 PM
I remember them saying they had the hindsight to put rails in for a rolling roof years ago when the stadiums were built.

Has the rail area been compromised with the new construction?

Thanks for the pix. It's been several years since I've been at either stadium.

joesomebody
02-22-2009, 10:21 PM
I remember them saying they had the hindsight to put rails in for a rolling roof years ago when the stadiums were built.

Thanks for the pix. It's been several years since I've been at either stadium.When the roof didn't pass this last time, Mr. Hunt said he was disappointed but that the designs for the improved stadiums would be easily adaptable to incorporate the roof.

Not sure if they stuck to that, but if Lamar said it, it's probably true.

blueballs
02-22-2009, 10:47 PM
That will make a kick ass flea market

Pitt Gorilla
02-23-2009, 01:03 AM

Thanks for the pix. It's been several years since I've been at either stadium.Hindsight?

kcfanXIII
02-23-2009, 09:42 PM
the thanks is appreciated.

should have pics of arrowhead in the next couple days.

kcfanXIII
02-24-2009, 07:26 PM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/thek.jpg
from the west side of the stadium.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/arrowheadrenov1.jpg
expanded concourse at arrowhead

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/pracfac1.jpg
a look at the practice facility from lot n. i think the building to the left is the admin building.

more to come

Bearcat
02-24-2009, 07:30 PM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/arrowheadrenov1.jpg
expanded concourse at arrowhead

:drool:

kcfanXIII
02-24-2009, 07:38 PM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/IMG_0224.jpg

so not that much more. i was running out of daylight, and like i mentioned, not much to see yet.

Fairplay
02-24-2009, 08:22 PM
This is a great idea for a thread.

Thanks man.

KChiefs1
02-24-2009, 10:18 PM
Maybe I'm blind but I don't see anything worth a billion dollars in these pictures....

kcfanXIII
02-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Maybe I'm blind but I don't see anything worth a billion dollars in these pictures....

unfortunately a large chunk of it is going to the suites. we normal fans just get expanded concourses and more bathrooms.

Fish
02-25-2009, 09:36 AM
The sun rising over the practice facility is way cool...... it's almost.... prophetic....

Demonpenz
02-25-2009, 09:38 AM

most of it is being used to resign ross gload

jiveturkey
02-25-2009, 09:40 AM
unfortunately a large chunk of it is going to the suites. we normal fans just get expanded concourses and more bathrooms.That's really all I need. Will there be more food options? I would rather be sitting in my seat chowing down on hotdogs that standing in line.

Fish
02-25-2009, 09:43 AM
most of it is being used to resign ross gload

You go to hell...... :cuss:

25 Ross Gloads' is NOT the answer...

kcfanXIII
02-25-2009, 10:38 AM
That's really all I need. Will there be more food options? I would rather be sitting in my seat chowing down on hotdogs that standing in line.

the k is getting a "taste of kc" foodcourt in the outfield, so might be able to do better than a dog. i imagine there will be more/better food options at arrowhead as well.

and its a sunset, not sunrise. that pic is shot towards the east, so lets hope its NOT prophetic.

kcfanXIII
02-25-2009, 08:47 PM
an unnamed source (really, i don't know his name. just a construction worker i talked to outside the gas station in front of the sports complex) told me that they are working 10 hour days, some are even working 7 days a week. there are crews working around the clock. said the inside was close to being done, and looking really nice. i asked him if it'd be done by opening day, he said "well, it HAS to be."

kcfanXIII
03-11-2009, 08:36 AM
the crown was going on top of the scoreboard when i passed by on my way to work. hopefully i can get some photos of some of its construction when i get off. regardless of activity, photos will be posted tonight.

ChiTown
03-11-2009, 08:41 AM
I can't wait to take my kids to opening Day at the K!

Fish
03-11-2009, 08:42 AM
the crown was going on top of the scoreboard when i passed by on my way to work. hopefully i can get some photos of some of its construction when i get off. regardless of activity, photos will be posted tonight.

Sweeeeeeeeeeet.....

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-11-2009, 09:32 AM
unfortunately a large chunk of it is going to the suites. we normal fans just get expanded concourses and more bathrooms.

and the hall of fame and the Miller Lite party deck and outfield seating and the 360 degree experience including being able to walk down between the outfield fence and scoreboard and a new little k for the kids and a batting cage and a carosel and a new larger gift shop and escalators and some amount of cover from the weather on the back of the studium I believe and quite likely a few other things I'm not award of...

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Just thought I'd post this from the team website. Thought it was interesting.

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090310&content_id=3960590&vkey=news_kc&fext=.jsp&c_id=kc

Park renovations will excite fans
Kauffman to have new facilities designed for a better experience
By Dick Kaegel / MLB.com

New life dawns for Kauffman Stadium
Dick Kaegel's MLBlog

Fans coming to Kauffman Stadium for the first time this year had better get ready for a surprising experience.
"I think it's going to strike them as a totally different building," said Kevin Uhlich, Royals senior vice president of business operations.

"When they used to walk up, they had a lot of asphalt and chain-link fence. Now it's been replaced with colored concrete, lush landscaping and ornamental fencing. So it's almost a park inside of a park. I think that's what going to hit them as they approach the building."

Even now, as motorists go past the stadium on I-70, they can see the crowning touch going up. The new gold crown is being erected atop the spectacular and aptly named Crown Vision scoreboard which was unveiled last year during the first phase of the massive renovation project.

"I like the new scoreboard the best," owner David Glass said. "It's got all the information up there that I want. So it enhances the game experience for me. When I go, I just like to watch the game."

Watching the game will be an even better experience this year for all fans.

The gorgeous green field will be the same and the team, if Spring Training optimism proves true, will be better. But wider concourses within the stadium, more concession stands and restrooms and other amenities are waiting for Joe and Joan Fan and the kiddies.

For one thing, ticket-holding fans now can enter Kauffman Stadium through Gates A and E at an early hour to enjoy what's called "the outfield experience" and Royals batting practice.

All gates normally open 1 1/2 hours before game time. In addition, this year Gates A and E will open at 4:30 p.m. CT on Monday through Friday, at 3 p.m. on Friday, at 2 p.m. on Saturday and 10:30 a.m. on Sunday.

"Our batting practice starts at 4:40 [for 7:10 p.m. games] so that gives fans a chance to get in and be able to watch our entire batting practice," Uhlich said. "They can go to the outfield and stand on the standing room platforms and catch home run balls in batting practice and all the interactive stuff will be open as well."

By interactive stuff, Uhlich means all the new attractions that rim the outfield area (more about that in an upcoming article). The new Rivals restaurant and a barbecue area beyond right field also will be operating.

Then, when all the gates to the ballpark open, the rest of the building becomes available to all fans. So, if you came in early to watch batting practice, eat a sandwich or take the kids on the carousel, you can wander into the rest of the stadium to find your seats.

Or, if you want, you can take a walk throughout the entire stadium. That's right, for the first time fans can take a trip all around the stadium if they want. There's a 360-degree passage.

That's struck a responsive chord with Glass.

"A lot of fans like to walk around and see the game from several different vantage points. I like that the fact that you can walk all the way around the ballpark now. You can walk all the way around the outfield and you can actually watch the game from almost any vantage point you want to watch it," Glass said.

"That's going to be my favorite part of it because I love it. I can stand out in left field and watch the game and that's a great seat. A lot of people don't realize how great the seats are. But I like to see it from all different angles and so I can walk all the way around now."

As a matter of fact, there are great seats above the cascading waterfalls in left field. The Fountain Seats cost just $7, reminiscent of the old "general admission" areas in the outfield corners, and will be sold on game days only. Adjoining those seats is a Fountain Bar on the base of the old JumboTron scoreboard.

There are also new Outfield Box Seats just behind the left-field wall that are sold as part of season-ticket packages.

On the other side, behind the right-field wall and in front of the original fountains is a standing-room only area, dubbed the Party Porch, which will accommodate about 200 fans at a time. No seats were put there because, to be frank, the fans might get wet depending on the whims of the wind.

"We're going to go in and tweak the nozzles and make sure they're keeping as much water in the fountain as they can," Uhlich said.

Like all the areas in the outfield, the Rivals restaurant and sports bar is open to all fans, although the window-side seats will be sold on a game-by-game basis. Inside is a circular bar, a 103-inch plasma television screen and a passel of other TVs. There's a FOX broadcast studio inside as well.

"Pregame and postgame FOX reports will be from there so fans can come here, hang out, watch the game and watch the postgame show," Uhlich said.

At all points of the stadium, service should be quicker.

"Just the way it operates is going to be so totally different," Uhlich said. "We've increased the points of sale for concessions. I think it used to be 430 fans per point of sale and now that's down to about 150 fans to one. So plenty of places to buy concessions. We've brought in Aramark and they've upgraded some of the offerings. We've upgraded the menu we had in the past."

Up top, on the View Level, there have been significant changes, including the addition of a food court and bar, a retail store, an atrium and a perforated sun shield over the concourse.

"We basically doubled the size of the concourse," said Bob Rice, vice president of ballpark operations and development. "We think it's pretty significant for the folks at View Level. We've also done all-new finishes in the concession stands, all new countertops, all new back tile, all new ceilings, all new concessions equipment. All the bathrooms have been reconditioned and we've added bathrooms on the food court."

Three escalators will carry fans to the top level. For big-drawing games, portable concession stands will be added at the rim of the concourse.

From top to bottom, it's virtually a whole new ballpark.

"I just think the fans will view it as one of the most spectacular venues in all of baseball. And it will be," general manager Dayton Moore said. "The fan interaction and just the comfort that this ballpark will provide will make it a destination place for all our fans throughout our five or six states."

Dick Kaegel is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

tomahawk kid
03-11-2009, 12:10 PM
I know I'm not alone in this, but I for one will very much miss walking through the urine puddles / overflowed toilets in the lower concourse restrooms.

I guess you just have to let go of some things........

tomahawk kid
03-11-2009, 12:11 PM
and the hall of fame and the Miller Lite party deck and outfield seating and the 360 degree experience including being able to walk down between the outfield fence and scoreboard and a new little k for the kids and a batting cage and a carosel and a new larger gift shop and escalators and some amount of cover from the weather on the back of the studium I believe and quite likely a few other things I'm not award of...

I'd love to get a shot of the new Miller Lite party deck.

kcfanXIII
03-12-2009, 04:40 PM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/newcrown.jpg
the new crown. still awaiting the 8 foot balls to top it off.(i thought about rewording, but let the jokes fly.)

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/royalsHOF.jpg
royals HOF. if i'm not mistaken, the miller light party deck is on the roof.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/thekren1.jpg
a look inside the bowl from the access road between the stadium and i-70.

sorry so few shots, i was runing short on time today. if i get a god sunny day here before too long i'll spend more time looking for cool shit. an added note, the upper concourse was packed with food places, i saw a pizza place, a "kc classics" concession stand and a few others. and thats for those of us that watch the games from the cheap seats.

Demonpenz
03-12-2009, 05:19 PM
man that looks sweet

CaliforniaChief
03-12-2009, 05:30 PM
It's probably overblown optimism...but I'm actually looking forward to the season. The team's pitching should, health willing, be good enough to keep us in a lot of games. With Seitzer making his mark on Gordon and some others, I think our offense will be vastly improved. And of course, the Mexicutioner is ready to shut 'em down in the 9th. Add the renovated stadium and my hope is that 2009 is going to be a great year!

It's been a long time since I went back to Kansas City for a game, but with my son hitting 9 this summer, I think it's about time to make the trip back instead of having to settle for the 3 game series in Crapaheim/Fullerton/Orange/Los Angeles/whatever you call it now. (I hate the Angels.)

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-12-2009, 07:40 PM
The Miller Lite party deck will actually be on top of the Rivals Restaurant on the right field side.

It's in the slide show... 8th pic

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/kc/photogallery/year_2007/month_08/day_25/cf2169332.html

kcfanXIII
03-12-2009, 07:54 PM
The Miller Lite party deck will actually be on top of the Rivals Restaurant on the right field side.

It's in the slide show... 8th pic

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/kc/photogallery/year_2007/month_08/day_25/cf2169332.html

so its in the last pic then. lower left corner. and they were off on some of those 3d models. i think the outfield area is going to look way dif.

Dr. Johnny Fever
03-12-2009, 08:00 PM
so its in the last pic then. lower left corner. and they were off on some of those 3d models. i think the outfield area is going to look way dif.

Yea I think a few modifications may have been made between the model stage and actual construction. The back side of the stadium looks a bit different to me too. I don't see the word "Royals" scrawled across the glass on the model but I've seen it on drawings and it looks like it's there on one or two of the actual construction photo gallerys.

kcfanXIII
03-12-2009, 08:01 PM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/ktix.jpg
ticket office

jiveturkey
03-12-2009, 09:05 PM
I like the limestone barrier around the stadium a lot more than the concrete temporary shit.

I hope that they do the same thing around Arrowhead.

kcfanXIII
03-12-2009, 09:11 PM
its interesting, it was a little chilly today, so i was in a bit of a hurry. i just took a few shots. i didn't even notice the hall of fame sign is still on the ground untill i posted the pics on here. same with the limestone barriers, untill jiveturkey pointed it out.

kcfanXIII
03-12-2009, 09:16 PM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/upperconcourse.jpg
a couple of concession stands on the upper concourse.

kcfanXIII
04-05-2009, 03:42 PM
the royals hosted a grand reopening at the k today. although it was cold and nasty, there was quite a turn out of fans to check out the new amenities.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/cfview.jpg
the view from the new standing area in center field

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/concourseview.jpg
expanded concourses. need i say more?

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/diamondsuite.jpg
a look at the diamond suite. this is an area where you can buy a ticket to view the game from a suite. its not a private suite but all the other perks are there.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/fountain2.jpg
a look at the fountains with new walkways above and below.

kcfanXIII
04-05-2009, 03:45 PM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/homebullpen.jpg
view from seats right above the home bullpen.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/partydeck.jpg
the rivals sports lounge, and bud light party deck on the roof.

kcfanXIII
04-05-2009, 03:48 PM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/rivalslounge.jpg
inside the rivals lounge

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/royHOF.jpg
hall of fame on the top, HOF suites down below. the HOF suites are geared toward businesses. you can have a meeting then enjoy a game in the evening.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/thenewk.jpg
let's go royals!!!

Sure-Oz
04-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Wow looks awesome!

Im stoked....

One of my friends went there today, she was supposed to report to me later!

kcfanXIII
04-05-2009, 04:00 PM
it was nice, i can't wait for a game. to watch a game literally a few feet from the fountains is gonna be badass!!

KCUnited
04-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Definitely impressive. Felt like I was at a big league park.

Kraus
04-05-2009, 04:02 PM
F'n sweet. Can't wait until I get to go to a game or two.

jab0450
04-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Are all the walk ways around the fountains and to the bars available with a game ticket or do they require a certain ticket?

KChiefs1
04-05-2009, 04:37 PM
it was nice, i can't wait for a game. to watch a game literally a few feet from the fountains is gonna be badass!!

especially in July & August!:thumb:

kcfanXIII
04-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Are all the walk ways around the fountains and to the bars available with a game ticket or do they require a certain ticket?

i believe rivals will be available with a normal ticket. the party deck and hof suites you will have to rent. diamond lounge is a special ticket, i believe the price is around 50 dollars. the walkways will be open i think.

jab0450
04-05-2009, 04:44 PM
i believe rivals will be available with a normal ticket. the party deck and hof suites you will have to rent. diamond lounge is a special ticket, i believe the price is around 50 dollars. the walkways will be open i think.

Ok cool thanks

joesomebody
04-05-2009, 04:48 PM
it was nice, i can't wait for a game. to watch a game literally a few feet from the fountains is gonna be badass!!I'm with you 100%. I have opening day tickets, so am pumped about that. Also have front row tickets to the jersey give away night on the 25th. Front row in front of the fountains, section 103. Pumped!

cabletech94
04-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the awesome updates again!!!

Cannot wait!!!!!

Sure-Oz
04-05-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm with you 100%. I have opening day tickets, so am pumped about that. Also have front row tickets to the jersey give away night on the 25th. Front row in front of the fountains, section 103. Pumped!

What jersey are they giving away?

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2009, 04:53 PM
I was there today too and have several pics I can post if people want. They were all either disposable camera or cell phone so they aren't the best quality ever but the cell phone ones all look pretty good and the others are being developed.

They took my favorite place in the world and improved on it. It's amazing. I love how you can walk all the way around the park both inside the confines of the stadium as well as outside. Standing in front of the scoreboard and leaning on the arm height bar basically mounted to the back of the fence in right center field is freakin sweet. The view from the Bud Light Party deck is hard to beat too.

They did well.

kcfanXIII
04-05-2009, 04:55 PM
your welcome all, its been a fun project for me. i'm gonna see what i can do about going on opening day, but i prob won't post too many more shots of kaufman. look for the arrowhead updates. especially if someone can pull some strings to get me inside arrowhead.

kcfanXIII
04-05-2009, 04:57 PM
I was there today too and have several pics I can post if people want. They were all either disposable camera or cell phone so they aren't the best quality ever but the cell phone ones all look pretty good and the others are being developed.

They took my favorite place in the world and improved on it. It's amazing. I love how you can walk all the way around the park both inside the confines of the stadium as well as outside. Standing in front of the scoreboard and leaning on the arm height bar basically mounted to the back of the fence in right center field is freakin sweet. The view from the Bud Light Party deck is hard to beat too.

They did well.

post em if you got em. they did do an amazing job, didn't they? i got a shot from the bottom of the scoreboard looking straight up, you can't see the top.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2009, 05:01 PM
post em if you got em. they did do an amazing job, didn't they? i got a shot from the bottom of the scoreboard looking straight up, you can't see the top.

Yea that thing is unreal. I've got like 75 pics... not that I need to post them all. Didn't want to hoark your thread.

Deberg_1990
04-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Felt like I was at a big league park.

Looks sweeeet!!

Hopefully we can field a big league team for once!

kcfanXIII
04-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Yea that thing is unreal. I've got like 75 pics... not that I need to post them all. Didn't want to hoark your thread.

that's appreciated, but i don't mind. post some cool shots.

Jerm
04-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Was out at the K yesterday for job orientation for a security job I got....man I cannot believe the changes and how much better the stadium looks.

EVERYTHING inside and out just looks fantastic, love the changes and I can't wait to see some games there. It's going to be an electric atmosphere.

kcfanXIII
04-05-2009, 05:05 PM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/scoreboard.jpg

well, you can see the top, but its still cool

beavis
04-05-2009, 05:07 PM
expanded concourses. need i say more?

That's awesome. IMO, it's what the place needed most. Between innings on the lower level was ridiculous.

I really wanted to go out there today, but didn't have time. I'll be there on Friday though. Haven't been this fired up for the beginning of the season in a while!

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2009, 05:16 PM
OK with kcfanXIII's approval... these are from my cell phone so deal with the quality....

Home plate entrance outside... legacy bricks...

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2009, 05:17 PM
home plate entrance meets the spiral walk up....

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2009, 05:19 PM
outside 1B side...

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2009, 05:20 PM
entrance 1b side...

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Bud Light Party deck on top....

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2009, 05:23 PM
View across from Rivals Restaurant and Bud Light Party deck...

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2009, 05:24 PM
this is how close you can get to the fountains now...

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2009, 05:26 PM
walkin up to the scorboard on the pepsi party porch.... too much aliteration...

Bearcat
04-05-2009, 05:26 PM
this is how close you can get to the fountains now...

Sweeeeeet... can't wait to visit.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Royals Hall of Fame

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Hall of Fame backside...

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Rivals Restaurant and Bud Light Party deck...

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2009, 05:30 PM
The ceiling in the Diamond Club (behind home plate) is "tiled" with giant baseball cards.... my hero Frank White...

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2009, 05:31 PM
The Scoreboard is no longer off limits...

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Me freezing my ass off for the cause...

kcfanXIII
04-05-2009, 05:38 PM
i didn't see the ceiling. that's awesome

maybe chiefsplanet should try to get the bud light party deck for a game. seating for up to 200.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2009, 07:28 PM

maybe chiefsplanet should try to get the bud light party deck for a game. seating for up to 200.

That is damn fine idea.

I got my other pics and can post some different and better quality stuff probably if you want.... but it's not going to happen tonight. Long day about to end for me.

-King-
04-05-2009, 07:41 PM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/cfview.jpg

:grovel::bravo:

kcfanXIII
04-05-2009, 07:45 PM
That is damn fine idea.

I got my other pics and can post some different and better quality stuff probably if you want.... but it's not going to happen tonight. Long day about to end for me.

someone else needs to organize it, i'm terible at planning those type of things.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-05-2009, 07:49 PM
someone else needs to organize it, i'm terible at planning those type of things.

Since I'm in Illinois and don't make it back real frequently I nominate someone in KC.... and I'll try to make it.

:p

KCUnited
04-05-2009, 08:09 PM
What jersey are they giving away?

4/25 is the 40th anniversary replica jersey, and

5/30 is the salute to the Negro League, Monarchs replica.

Deberg_1990
04-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Me freezing my ass off for the cause...

Thanks for sharing and doing that. :)

joesomebody
04-05-2009, 09:41 PM
4/25 is the 40th anniversary replica jersey, and

5/30 is the salute to the Negro League, Monarchs replica.Beat me too it, but yeah. 40th anniversary replica jerseys Oz. I'd go to the Monarch's jersey game, but that's a Saturday, my 27th birthday, and I'll be in Vegas:evil:

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Was out at the K yesterday for job orientation for a security job I got....man I cannot believe the changes and how much better the stadium looks.

EVERYTHING inside and out just looks fantastic, love the changes and I can't wait to see some games there. It's going to be an electric atmosphere.

Since you work there I nominate you to get a CP get together on the Bud Light party deck for us all.... you're welcome...

:D

WilliamTheIrish
04-06-2009, 08:20 AM
I'm in for the 40th anni jersey.

Dave Lane
04-06-2009, 09:05 AM
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk96/kcfanxiii/scoreboard.jpg

well, you can see the top, but its still cool

Well I hope the record of the Royals after 22 games is better than that :)

eazyb81
04-06-2009, 09:36 AM
Nice pics guys.

I am SO pumped for baseball this year. Can't wait to get back to KC and see the stadium in person.

04-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Looks nice. I'll probably never see it in person though.

Dartgod
04-06-2009, 10:20 AM
I'll be there Friday. Looking forward to checking it out in person.

Archie F. Swin
04-06-2009, 12:08 PM
I'll probably be in town the weekend of July 18th.....its me birfday (((dancing))) its mah birfday

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Looks like they did a phenomenal job. The K has always been one of my favorite parks to watch a game.

Now that they've upgraded the place, will the fans do their part and sell it out more often? Opening Day and when the Yankees/Cardinals are in town doesn't cut it.

04-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Looks like they did a phenomenal job. The K has always been one of my favorite parks to watch a game.

Now that they've upgraded the place, will the fans do their part and sell it out more often? Opening Day and when the Yankees/Cardinals are in town doesn't cut it.nope they will not

kcfanXIII
04-06-2009, 12:37 PM
i have a feeling trough the first month it'll be pretty full. and if they are competitive it'll be full all season. this town is starving for a contender. if they play like they did last year, prob not.

Deberg_1990
04-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Now that they've upgraded the place, will the fans do their part and sell it out more often?

Ummm....maybe if the Royals could make a playoff push more than once every 20 years or so, more people might show up?

Bottom line: People will never pay for a sh*tty product.

Bowser
04-06-2009, 12:41 PM
That's bad ass. I'm actually going to make an effort to get to some games this year!

I would be down with this idea. I nominate the Sprigfield Planeteers to organize the thing.

Bowser
04-06-2009, 12:42 PM

Now that they've upgraded the place, will the fans do their part and sell it out more often? Opening Day and when the Yankees/Cardinals are in town doesn't cut it.

If they play around .500 ball this year it will stay pretty full pretty regularly. You can't have a chronic 70 win team and expect to sell out a stadium, new or not (SEE: Pittsburgh).

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Ummm....maybe if the Royals could make a playoff push more than once every 20 years or so, more people might show up?

Bottom line: People will never pay for a sh*tty product.

Tell that to Cubs fans.

kcfanXIII
04-06-2009, 12:49 PM
i think the team will be better. at least it seems like they are trying. something we're not used to around here.

Deberg_1990
04-06-2009, 12:50 PM
Tell that to Cubs fans.

Chicago has a much larger metro area than KC to pull from and a more "National" following than the Royals.

Can you tell i truly hate the "Blame the fans" mentality?

Bowser
04-06-2009, 12:52 PM
i think the team will be better. at least it seems like they are trying. something we're not used to around here.

We have arguably our best lineup since 2000. Defense, however, is another issue entirely....

kcfanXIII
04-06-2009, 01:02 PM
We have arguably our best lineup since 2000. Defense, however, is another issue entirely....

and as has been discussed, pitching is a concern as well. past zack and gil, it gets a little dicey. davies i think is 50/50 chance of sucking or being an alright 3. past that, i don't look for ponson, or ramirez to be in the rotation for more than 2 months.

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Chicago has a much larger metro area than KC to pull from and a more "National" following than the Royals.

Can you tell i truly hate the "Blame the fans" mentality?

And that larger metro area is supporting TWO teams, not just one.

And I have no problem blaming the fans when I see cities like St. Louis and Milwaukee averaging 15-23K more fans per game, even during shitty seasons.

Christ, even the Nationals have averaged 7-10K more fans per game over the past 5 years than KC.

WilliamTheIrish
04-06-2009, 01:16 PM
If they win, it'll fill up. If they don't. It won't.

eazyb81
04-06-2009, 01:17 PM

And I have no problem blaming the fans when I see cities like St. Louis and Milwaukee averaging 15-23K more fans per game, even during shitty seasons.

Christ, even the Nationals have averaged 7-10K more fans per game over the past 5 years than KC.

Jesus, are you really trying to make this argument?

Chicago has two teams, but they also have an MSA of 10 million; KC has an MSA of less than 2 million.

DC has an MSA of over 5 million.

Do the math before acting shocked that KC doesn't have better attendance than Chicago or DC.

Attendance will continue to improve as the team improves, but don't blame KC fans for not falling over themselves to throw money at a franchise that has essentially shat on the fans for the last 20 years until the last year or two.

WilliamTheIrish
04-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Yes, he's actually making that argument. It's sort of spring rite to bring out the true fan card.

I'm a 5th generation fan of (x). And we fill up our stadium....

Demonpenz
04-06-2009, 01:25 PM
being a new generation royals fan sucks. Beltran, dye, affelt, all gone. Never got to see the old legends that actually won

Deberg_1990
04-06-2009, 01:35 PM
being a new generation royals fan sucks. Beltran, dye, affelt, all gone. Never got to see the old legends that actually won

Bummer dude. I feel for you young guys. Anyone younger than 25 or so has really only known Royals suckatude.

Demonpenz
04-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Bummer dude. I feel for you young guys. Anyone younger than 25 or so has really only known Royals suckatude.

all hail our greatest homerun hitter, gary gaietti

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Jesus, are you really trying to make this argument?

Chicago has two teams, but they also have an MSA of 10 million; KC has an MSA of less than 2 million.

DC has an MSA of over 5 million.

Do the math before acting shocked that KC doesn't have better attendance than Chicago or DC.

Attendance will continue to improve as the team improves, but don't blame KC fans for not falling over themselves to throw money at a franchise that has essentially shat on the fans for the last 20 years until the last year or two.

I notice how you decided to pass over the STL and Milwaukee references.

Deberg_1990
04-06-2009, 01:47 PM
all hail our greatest homerun hitter, gary gaietti

You must long for the glory days of Jeff King, Dean Palmer and Wally Joyner....

eazyb81
04-06-2009, 01:49 PM
I notice how you decided to pass over the STL and Milwaukee references.

Eh, I just figured I call out your ridiculous points first. Now that's out of the way....

The last time KC had a better record than Milwaukee was 2003.

Get ready for the SHOCK of your life........READY????

KC had better attendance than Milwaukee that year.

With 81 home games, small market teams struggle to get butts in the seats if the team sucks. KC fans have dealt with one of the shittiest franchises in MLB the last 20 years, so it should be obvious that they have struggled with attendance in years the team sucks.

That is not unique for small market teams.....oh oh oh, except for St. Louis, which is what you were trying to get at in a roundabout way, right?

ROFL Smooth as silk, buddy.

DeezNutz
04-06-2009, 01:54 PM

Prior to the hiring of Dayton Moore, David Glass's primary objective was to restructure the economics of baseball, not win games.

There was no team as poorly supported by ownership at every level of baseball operations. When Moore took charge, reports were that the organization was below expansion-level quality on multiple fronts.

Given this absolute fist ****ing, it's almost impossible to compare the fan support for the Royals to any other ML franchise, especially an organization like the Cardinals. Frankly, it's amazing that any KC fans remained loyal since the early 90's.

Thankfully, it appears that things have turned around with the organization, but the recovery time on the fans' part will be gradual, and we're already seeing improvements.

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Eh, I just figured I call out your ridiculous points first. Now that's out of the way....

The last time KC had a better record than Milwaukee was 2003.

Get ready for the SHOCK of your life........READY????

KC had better attendance than Milwaukee that year.

With 81 home games, small market teams struggle to get butts in the seats if the team sucks. KC fans have dealt with one of the shittiest franchises in MLB the last 20 years, so it should be obvious that they have struggled with attendance in years the team sucks.

That is not unique for small market teams.....oh oh oh, except for St. Louis, which is what you were trying to get at in a roundabout way, right?

ROFL Smooth as silk, buddy.

Roundabout way?

Thanks for bringing it up, though it's obvious. No need to mention it. STL hasn't had a per game average under 20K since the 70's. And there were a LOT of shitty teams in that time.

And regarding the KC/Milwaukee connection, almost every team in the league has had a better record than the Royals.

In 2006, Milwaukee had a whopping 13 wins more than the Royals, yet drew over 11,000 more fans per game, even with a record 7 games under .500.

You say that if the Royals win, the fans will come, yet in the only season in recent memory that they were over .500, they only averaged 22K per game.

WilliamTheIrish
04-06-2009, 02:14 PM
I feel absolutely horrible about myself. What a crummy fan I am. All Hail Milwaukee!

Deberg_1990
04-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Its all those damn gambling boats faults for taking away everyones disposable income!!!

eazyb81
04-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Roundabout way?

Thanks for bringing it up, though it's obvious. No need to mention it. STL hasn't had a per game average under 20K since the 70's. And there were a LOT of shitty teams in that time.

Neat. Do you want a cookie? Are you really that insecure that you need to come in a post about Kauffman Stadium to thump your chest about Cardinals baseball attendance?

GHEY.

And regarding the KC/Milwaukee connection, almost every team in the league has had a better record than the Royals.

In 2006, Milwaukee had a whopping 13 wins more than the Royals, yet drew over 11,000 more fans per game, even with a record 7 games under .500.

You say that if the Royals win, the fans will come, yet in the only season in recent memory that they were over .500, they only averaged 22K per game.

Yes, and almost every team in the league has a much larger population than KC.

Combine a craptastic franchise over the last twenty years with the second smallest home fanbase and it's easy ( :spock: at least for most people...) to see why KC's attendance has sucked the past few years.

Milwaukee is drawing well because they have had a great team the last couple years with some awesome young star players. Put that same team in KC, Pittsburgh, Cincy, Cleveland, etc, and those cities will have huge boosts in attendance.

You really have no leg to stand on in this argument.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 02:24 PM

If the team is competitive they will. Go competitive!

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Prior to the hiring of Dayton Moore, David Glass's primary objective was to restructure the economics of baseball, not win games.

There was no team as poorly supported by ownership at every level of baseball operations. When Moore took charge, reports were that the organization was below expansion-level quality on multiple fronts.

Given this absolute fist ****ing, it's almost impossible to compare the fan support for the Royals to any other ML franchise, especially an organization like the Cardinals. Frankly, it's amazing that any KC fans remained loyal since the early 90's.

Thankfully, it appears that things have turned around with the organization, but the recovery time on the fans' part will be gradual, and we're already seeing improvements.

:clap:

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Neat. Do you want a cookie? Are you really that insecure that you need to come in a post about Kauffman Stadium to thump your chest about Cardinals baseball attendance?

GHEY.

Actually, you know what is ghey?

Your fucking inferiority complex.

This was my post:

I'd bet I've been to as many games at the K as people who actually LIVE in KC, and not one of them have been when the Cardinals are in town. Some people just enjoy seeing a ballgame live and in person, regardless of the outcome. I guess there aren't many of those types in KC?

I came in praising the park, and only mentioned the Cardinals regarding the games you actually sell out - hell I AVOIDED mentioning the Cardinals until you guys played the small-market card.

Someone said that if the Royals were better, the fans would come. That's been proven wrong - even with being in the bottom 5 of ticket prices.

Deberg_1990
04-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Someone said that if the Royals were better, the fans would come. That's been proven wrong - even with being in the bottom 5 of ticket prices.

I think it was me who started all this, and i feel bad now for what this evolved into to.

But generally, most people wont pay for a crappy product. We all know this.

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2009, 02:34 PM
If the team is competitive they will. Go competitive!

I hope you're right, but if the last time they were over .500 is any predictor, they'll still be in the bottom 20%.

I'm much like Fraz when it comes to the Royals - I hope they do well, but I was born a Cardinals fan. I want to see all Missouri teams do well.

Except the Rams. Fuck them.

eazyb81
04-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Actually, you know what is ghey?

Your ****ing inferiority complex.

This was my post:

I'd bet I've been to as many games at the K as people who actually LIVE in KC, and not one of them have been when the Cardinals are in town. Some people just enjoy seeing a ballgame live and in person, regardless of the outcome. I guess there aren't many of those types in KC?

I came in praising the park, and only mentioned the Cardinals regarding the games you actually sell out - hell I AVOIDED mentioning the Cardinals until you guys played the small-market card.

LOL. You're hysterical.

Again, try and keep up. You came into a thread about Kauffman Stadium renovations purely to start an attendance argument. If you wanted to just congratulate us on a new stadium, you would have stopped there, so enough with the "who, me?" act.

Actually, I've already proven that the fans will come if the team is better. In 2003 we were 22nd in the league in attendance when we had our first winning season in years. That may not seem impressive, but we also have the second smallest population in the entire f'n league. That's not insignificent no matter how much you try to ignore it by making idiotic comparisons to Chicago or DC.

The only time we have consistently put competitive teams on the field, year after year, was the 70's and 80's, and we were one of the league leaders in attendance during these eras.

Of course, you know all of this and apparently are just in your asshat time of the month.

DeezNutz
04-06-2009, 02:53 PM
I hope you're right, but if the last time they were over .500 is any predictor, they'll still be in the bottom 20%.

You can't use the '03 season as an accurate barometer of much, dude. That was a cup of water in the middle of a desert.

I don't think anyone but die-hard fans know what it's been like to follow this franchise since the early 90's. Seriously, even Lions fans can't top this shit show.

Given these circumstances, the fans have responded unbelievably well, even contributing serious tax dollars, in part, to help fund Glass's ass.

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2009, 02:55 PM
LOL. You're hysterical.

Again, try and keep up. You came into a thread about Kauffman Stadium renovations purely to start an attendance argument. If you wanted to just congratulate us on a new stadium, you would have stopped there, so enough with the "who, me?" act.

Actually, I've already proven that the fans will come if the team is better. In 2003 we were 22nd in the league in attendance when we had our first winning season in years. That may not seem impressive, but we also have the second smallest population in the entire f'n league. That's not insignificent no matter how much you try to ignore it by making idiotic comparisons to Chicago or DC.

The only time we have consistently put competitive teams on the field, year after year, was the 70's and 80's, and we were one of the league leaders in attendance during these eras.

Of course, you know all of this and apparently are just in your asshat time of the month.

ROFL

You're making your stand with 22nd in the league, averaging 22K per game in a stadium that seats just over 40K?

And if I came in to start an attendance argument, I would have started there. Sorry that someone else (A Royals fan) started the "small market, shitty team" bullshit.

Hell, at least Guru was honest about it, instead of turning it into an excuse-fest.

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2009, 02:59 PM
You can't use the '03 season as an accurate barometer of much, dude. That was a cup of water in the middle of a desert.

I don't think anyone but die-hard fans know what it's been like to follow this franchise since the early 90's. Seriously, even Lions fans can't top this shit show.

Given these circumstances, the fans have responded unbelievably well, even contributing serious tax dollars, in part, to help fund Glass's ass.

All I know is that when the team I follow sucks forever, then has a season where they're playing good ball, I'd expect more than a 4K spike per game in attendance.

And I have a question for you that I'm sure Eazy will try to say I'm fanning the fire over, but I honestly don't know...

Was the money for the renovations voted for separately for the Chiefs and Royals, or together?

Because if it's together, then the Royals can thank Chiefs fans.

Deberg_1990
04-06-2009, 03:00 PM
All I know is that when the team I follow sucks forever, then has a season where they're playing good ball, I'd expect more than a 4K spike per game in attendance.

Have the Cards gone 25 years without a playoff appearance? Ever?

eazyb81
04-06-2009, 03:02 PM
ROFL

You're making your stand with 22nd in the league, averaging 22K per game in a stadium that seats just over 40K?

And if I came in to start an attendance argument, I would have started there. Sorry that someone else (A Royals fan) started the "small market, shitty team" bullshit.

Hell, at least Guru was honest about it, instead of turning it into an excuse-fest.

:eek:

Yes, total bullshit.

City population and quality of product certainly have nothing to do with said city's baseball attendance.

I've seen the error of my ways. I will not rest until KC outdraws both NY teams combined!!!

WilliamTheIrish
04-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Now my inferiority complex is kicking in. Where's my Celtics hat?

kcfanXIII
04-06-2009, 03:04 PM

I'm much like Fraz when it comes to the Royals - I hope they do well, but I was born a Cardinals fan. I want to see all Missouri teams do well.

Except the Rams. **** them.

what was te average attendance in the first half of that season? they fell way off after te all star break, and fans saw the team for wat it was, same old same old.

DeezNutz
04-06-2009, 03:08 PM

And I have a question for you that I'm sure Eazy will try to say I'm fanning the fire over, but I honestly don't know...

Was the money for the renovations voted for separately for the Chiefs and Royals, or together?

Because if it's together, then the Royals can thank Chiefs fans.

I know what you're saying, and there was some genuine excitement about the team's performance, but that year was pulled off with smoke, mirrors, and a bit of "duck" tape.

Couple this with the fact that there were serious kicks to the balls in that very same year. In the middle of all the excitement, when the team was still in first, Glass pulled one of the all time great "Fuck You's" to the fans.

That was the Mike Aviles draft. After the first couple of rounds, the team selected nothing but college seniors. Why? Because they offered all of these players 1,000 to sign, so this had nothing to do with trying to acquire real talent. The kids had no choice but to sign, and thus the organization saved money. Essentially, even in the midst of success, Glass was working hard to fuck over the future.

Now, I ask you: Would you want to give that cocksucker any of your hard-earned money? The answer was, "Fuck NO!" for me.

Regarding the question, yes, I believe the money was a package deal. That's why I said "in part" in my previous post. That withstanding, I have no doubt that the beaten fan base still would have forked over the funds.

kcfanXIII
04-06-2009, 03:09 PM
ROFL

yes they were voted on together, but i think the fans were just as excited to renovate the k, as they were arrowhead. now please quit hi jacking my thread.

WilliamTheIrish
04-06-2009, 03:11 PM
I just drove by the stadium. The ****ers empty.

If we were good fans, it'd be full right now. No good, fair weather inferiority complexededed f's.

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Have the Cards gone 25 years without a playoff appearance? Ever?

Nope.

But we also haven't had attendance number like what the Royals are producing (under 19K) since 1980.

In that time, we've had something like 10 losing seasons in almost 30 years.

In those losing seasons, they still averaged over 32K per game.

The STL metro isn't THAT much bigger than the KC metro to warrant a 15K per game difference, especially when Royals tickets are WAY more inexpensive than Cardinal tickets.

Anyway, I'm done. Contrary to popular belief, I didn't come here to start anything. I'm just not a fan of the population/shitty product argument.

KChiefs1
04-06-2009, 03:51 PM
If the Royals had the same success as the Cardinals the last 10+ years the K would have as many fans in it as Busch every year.

I can't believe someone is arguing this point. Fans are fans everywhere...no difference.

How is the White Sox attendance? I've went to several games there about 5 years back & there was probably 15,000 in the stadium.

dirk digler
04-06-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm just not a fan of the population/shitty product argument.

Why not? Any shitty team will not draw very many fans. There are exceptions like the Cubs but for the other 99% of the teams especially late in the season shitty teams will never draw.

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Why not? Any shitty team will not draw very many fans. There are exceptions like the Cubs but for the other 99% of the teams especially late in the season shitty teams will never draw.

Is that why teams like Milwaukee, who hasn't won shit since before the Royals last have, are outdrawing the Royals by an average of 8,500 fans per game over the past 7 years?

Milwaukee is a smaller market, averaged 6 more wins per season over the past 7, yet drew almost 700K more fans per year.

700,000 fans per year is a huge number.

Is Milwaukee a better baseball town than KC?

Archie F. Swin
04-06-2009, 04:57 PM

Sat July 18th, 6:10pm

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2009, 04:59 PM

Missed this the 1st time.

Excellent idea.

Archie F. Swin
04-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Located on top of Rivals Sports Bar, the Bud Light Party Deck can accommodate private parties of up to 200 people and is part of Anheuser-Busch's renewed sponsorship of the Royals, which includes other prominent marketing and advertising rights at Kauffman Stadium. Bud Light Party Deck rental reservations are currently being accepted through the Royals Group Sales Department at (816) 504-4040. Packages start as low as $75 a person including food and beverage. For games in which there are no private parties scheduled, the Bud Light Party Deck will be available to all fans on a first-come, first-served basis.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Got my other pics back so I'll post a few more.

Here's where the Jumbotron used to be... now an open air bar.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Open air bar where Jumbotron used to be....

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 06:55 PM
view from open air bar where Jumbotron used to be....

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 06:57 PM
view from Bud Light party deck....

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Inner atrium... this basically used to be outside the stadium behind home plate.... it's now on the inside of the new glassed in main entrance... the new Diamond Club is right behind me... I believe the team store is in the bottom level of this glass and it looked like various offices/conference rooms are on the upper levels....

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:02 PM
playground and carosel

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:04 PM
new batting and pitching cages

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:05 PM
even have miniature golf behind the scoreboard now...

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:07 PM
more of the "outfield experience"

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:08 PM
base run... see how fast you can run from home to first...

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:09 PM
back of the scorboard... just because I think it's a cool pic...

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:10 PM
some new concessions

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:11 PM
some more new concessions

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:13 PM
legacy bricks outside main entrance...

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:14 PM
old meets new... spiral walkup ramp and new outside of atrium...

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:16 PM
new main entrance... new ticket windows... etc...

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:18 PM
the rest of the 1st base side...

WilliamTheIrish
04-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Good pics Beer Me Fever.

SAUTO
04-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Good pics Beer Me Fever.

ROFL agreed though

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:21 PM
new press box... diamond club (lower level)... expensive wooden seats where you can get a private waitress... ribbon scoreboard on the middle deck facia...

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Good pics Beer Me Fever.

Heh... I can go on... enough?

WilliamTheIrish
04-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Keep going bro. I'm loving it. I'm dying that we didn't play today.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:25 PM
view across from next to visitor bullpen....

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:28 PM
view from inside Rivals Restaurant... I THINK that is a lighting frame for the Fox Sports studio that I read was going in there, then they can open that "garage type door" and have the stadium for the backdrop...

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:31 PM
They have a arm height wooden bar mounted here to lean on, drink your beverage and watch the game from the outfield walk way....

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:33 PM
from atop Bud Light Party deck....

WilliamTheIrish
04-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Gad dam that looks nice.....

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:34 PM
from seats by visitor bullpen

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Other pics of this have been posted but damn I love the look of this....

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:37 PM
walkway right in front of the scoreboard... don't know what the metal frames are for...

Deberg_1990
04-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Awesome Pics Beer Me.

Its funny to me how teams have to add all this "extra" stuff now to attract fans.

Almost as if the baseball game is secondary to the extras. I guess thats just the nature of baseball.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:39 PM
from inside Diamond Club

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Awesome Pics Beer Me.

Its funny to me how teams have to add all this "extra" stuff now to attract fans.

Almost as if the baseball game is secondary to the extras. I guess thats just the nature of baseball.

Same reason they're doing the same things to Arrowhead. Old stadiums... new times... nothing wrong with making some nice improvements.

Deberg_1990
04-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Same reason they're doing the same things to Arrowhead. Old stadiums... new times... nothing wrong with making some nice improvements.

Agreed. IM actually glad they didnt build new stadiums. Plus they kept the basic integrity and feel of the original stadiums.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Royals Hall of Fame front side with patio and tables in front... won't be open till All-Star break.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Agreed. IM actually glad they didnt build new stadiums. Plus they kept the basic integrity and feel of the original stadiums.

I'm glad they didn't build a new park too. I loved the K before and now it's even more perfect to me. It would be blasphemy to me to bulldoze it and build something new... but I'm a hopeless Royals fanatic... a painful thing to be for a while now... lol..... but THIS IS THE YEAR!!!

:D:)

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Hall of Fame from 1st base seats... duh...

WilliamTheIrish
04-06-2009, 07:47 PM
Awesome Pics Beer Me.

The game is no different. Still 27 outs. Still 90 feet between the bases. It's the retardedness of the new fan that can't sit still for more than 2o minutes.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Oh btw.... Arrowhead's make over is under way too... the east end outer glass is up though I don't have a pic of it....

dirk digler
04-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Is that why teams like Milwaukee, who hasn't won shit since before the Royals last have, are outdrawing the Royals by an average of 8,500 fans per game over the past 7 years?

Milwaukee is a smaller market, averaged 6 more wins per season over the past 7, yet drew almost 700K more fans per year.

I am talking about selling out or coming damn near close every game. Cubs do that but most non-contenders don't and that goes for every league not just baseball.

Look at the Chiefs this past season come Dec they barely filled half the stadium.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:50 PM
The game is no different. Still 27 outs. Still 90 feet between the bases. It's the retardedness of the new fan that can't sit still for more than 2o minutes.

Thank you... :D

FTR I can sit still for the whole game... the extras are nice though.

Of course I'm not a new fan...

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Ok I'm done here after this... although I do have more... heh.

Rivals, party deck and Pepsi party porch...

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:54 PM
OK I lied... I just like this pic... taken from standing on the north side of Rivals...

dirk digler
04-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Great pics beer me I can't wait to get out to the stadium.

WilliamTheIrish
04-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Thanks again Beer Me. I need ed those pics. I was completely ready for the season today and the weather kind of took the wind outta my sails.

Hope we get to play tomorrow.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Great pics beer me I can't wait to get out to the stadium.

Who is this beer me everyone keeps refering too? I'm confused. My name is clearly not beer me. If I meet him I'm gonna kick his ass.

Dartgod
04-06-2009, 08:11 PM

You do realize that the Brewers got a brand new shiny stadium in 2001, don't you? Prior to that, their attendance figures were similar to, if not worse, than the Royals.

KChiefs1
04-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Maybe I've missed one but can I request a view looking toward home plate from the front row the seats in left centerfield? I think those would be a great seat to see a game from...I think they are calling them the Dri-Duck Fountain Seats or something like that.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Maybe I've missed one but can I request a view looking toward home plate from the front row the seats in left centerfield? I think those would be a great seat to see a game from...I think they are calling them the Dri-Duck Fountain Seats or something like that.

Photo fail... think I took one from about everywhere but there... ugh... this is about the closest I have to that other than the visitors bullpen and the view across the outfield wall from the visitors bullpen... this is from the side of the Hall of Fame looking in...

I assure you it IS a good view from there tho...

The shot of the view from the open air bar where the jumbotron used to might be something to check out but it's obviously a bit farther away.

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2009, 08:43 PM
You do realize that the Brewers got a brand new shiny stadium in 2001, don't you? Prior to that, their attendance figures were similar to, if not worse, than the Royals.

Did that work for Pittsburgh?

KChiefs1
04-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Photo fail... think I took one from about everywhere but there... ugh... this is about the closest I have to that other than the visitors bullpen and the view across the outfield wall from the visitors bullpen... this is from the side of the Hall of Fame looking in...

I assure you it IS a good view from there tho...

No prob bro...I've appreciated all the photos but seeing a game from a front row seat out there on a beautiful day. Awesome!:clap:

KChiefs1
04-10-2009, 12:22 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/937/gallery/1135442.html

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2009/04/10/12/401-RoyalsOpener0026_SP_4-10-09_JFS.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2009/04/10/12/245-RoyalsOpener0005_SP_4-10-09_JFS.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2009/04/10/12/401-RoyalsOpener0044_SP_4-10-09_JFS.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2009/04/10/12/479-RoyalsOpener0054_SP_4-10-09_JFS.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2009/04/10/12/284-RoyalsOpener0059_SP_4-10-09_JFS.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2009/04/10/12/740-RoyalsOpener0049_SP_4-10-09_JFS.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2009/04/10/12/385-RoyalsOpener0065_SP_4-10-09_JFS.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2009/04/10/12/245-RoyalsOpener0040_SP_4-10-09_JFS.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

HemiEd
04-10-2009, 01:21 PM

Plus, they are a short drive from a very large city. Lots of fans go up there to watch games at that facility, especially when they play the Cubs.

Dr. Johnny Fever
04-10-2009, 01:39 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/937/gallery/1135442.html

Awesome. I don't think those statues were up yet at the open house last weekend because I was over near there and didn't see them. If I missed them I'm pissed. Those would have made for some of the best photos of the day.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-10-2009, 01:46 PM
OMG the "K" looks sick on TV

KChiefs1
04-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Nate Bukaty just asked George Brett about having his statue moved to centerfield....George replies, "Right next to the bar where it belongs."

WilliamTheIrish
04-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Lots of familiar faces there.

Joe Zdeb, Ol man Wickersham. Big John looks good. I thought he was sick when I saw him in ST.

Jeff Monty... Splitt

shakesthecat
04-10-2009, 02:30 PM
The stadium looks freakin amazing.

Can't wait to get down there for a few games.

Reaper16
04-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Farnsworth got booed a lot when they called his name. Hilarious.

VonneMarie
04-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Is this the game thread?

Reaper16
04-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Is this the game thread?
No.

No one has made it yet. You might just have to.

VonneMarie
04-10-2009, 02:42 PM
No.

No one has made it yet. You might just have to.

No way I'm jinxing my Royals. :shake:

KChiefs1
04-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Found some more pix of the "new" K:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrism70/page1/

Sully
04-16-2009, 08:08 AM
Jeez.
Went to our first game yesterday.
Place looks phenomenal. I was very impressed. I didn't even feel like I was at the same place.

However, the "large" sodas are ridiculous.