PDA

View Full Version : Football LT: Judgement Day

Buck
02-22-2009, 02:19 PM
The Chargers are meeting with LT and his Agent Tom Condon today to discuss a renewal of his contract for a lower rate.

AJ Smith has said that if a new contract isn't agreed upon today, he's ready to release Tomlinson.

We should know by tomorrow if LT is going to remain a Charger.

Heres the story.

Potential big day for Tomlinson, Chargers
February 22, 2009 10:00 AM
Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

Stay tuned for some potential movement on the LaDainian Tomlinson situation Sunday.

Barring a change, the Chargers and Tomlinson's agent will meet Sunday to discuss a new deal that could keep Tomlinson, the face of the franchise, in San Diego. If a new deal isn't agreed upon, LT could be released and the Chargers would look to the draft for some solutions at the position as they move away from the wildly successful eight-year Tomlinson era.

This is one of the biggest percolating stories in the NFL.

Today's meeting, which is the first down and dirty discussion about the contract after preliminary talks, will help determine if Tomlinson will stay. Tomlinson has a contract worth nearly $7 million and he has a huge salary cap number. The Chargers are not going to live with this deal.

Tomlinson will be 30 this year and he has dealt with troubling injuries the past two postseasons. He had his least productive NFL season in 2008. The end is near but the Chargers would like him to stay and pair him with change-of-pace back Darren Sproles, who was just given the franchise tag of $6.62 million for the 2009 season.

Tomlinson has said he is open to a reworked deal if it means he can finish his career in San Diego. There was some early acrimony centering on Tomlinson and Chargers' general manager A.J. Smith. That has seemed to pass and both sides are eager to find a resolution.

Expect fairly fast results. The Chargers have not put a deadline on it but they want to have the Tomlinson situation cleared by the time fee agency begins Friday. If this negotiation stalls, it could be the end of Tomlinson in San Diego.

But the expectations are that a redone contract will be agreed upon and Tomlinson will stay in San Diego. Again, stay tuned Sunday may be the beginning of the end of this juicy storyline.

NickAthanFan
02-22-2009, 02:20 PM
I hope they keep him, he's done.

Buck
02-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Tomlinson is due to make $7 million this year, and Sproles $6.62 million.

I seriously doubt that LT will go anywhere below that $6.63 million for this year, just out of principal.

Stewie
02-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Sproles is franchised, right? I don't see LT as a Charger unless he gives in. His best years are behind him.

NickAthanFan
02-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Tomlinson is due to make $7 million this year, and Sproles $6.62 million.

I seriously doubt that LT will go anywhere below that $6.63 million for this year, just out of principal.

That's a lot of jack tied up at RB. It's amazing how quickly RB's go down hill once they've finally earned a huge contract. Priest, LT, LJ, Shawn Alexander to name a few.

Frazod
02-22-2009, 02:29 PM
The candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

Buck
02-22-2009, 02:30 PM

Is that you FAX?

doomy3
02-22-2009, 02:33 PM
You still turning in your fan card if they cut LT?

Buck
02-22-2009, 02:34 PM
You still turning in your fan card if they cut LT?

Yes

NickAthanFan
02-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Yes

Join my site and become a fan of a real team.

doomy3
02-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Yes

So, the thread title should really be:

BuckinKaeding: Judgement Day

Frazod
02-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Is that you FAX?

Actually it's Dr. Eldon Tyrell.

Buck
02-22-2009, 02:38 PM
So, the thread title should really be:

BuckinKaeding: Judgement Day

That's a possibility, however its also the Chargers' day to Judge whether LT will remain a Charger, or LT's day to judge whether he will renegotiate his contract.

Buck
02-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Actually it's Eldon Tyrel.

Is that anything like Galen Tyrol?

J/K.

I own Blade Runner but haven't watched it yet.

Frazod
02-22-2009, 02:40 PM
That's a possibility, however its also the Chargers' day to Judge whether LT will remain a Charger, or LT's day to judge whether he will renegotiate his contract.

You know you're a Chief fan now - just step into the light.

luv
02-22-2009, 02:42 PM

Dude. I've been saying he's a closet Chiefs fan for about a year now.

royr17
02-22-2009, 02:43 PM
if released do you bring him in to replace LJ ?

Buck
02-22-2009, 02:44 PM
I think if LT is released he'll pick someone like The Saints over the Chiefs...

Basically I think he would only choose the Chiefs as a last resort...no offense.

Thig Lyfe
02-22-2009, 02:45 PM

Actually, LT has been one of the best for eight years, which is about five or six years longer than most running backs can stay at the top these days.

For the last eight years there have been two running backs that are the consensus top two picks of any fantasy draft. One of them is different every year: Priest Holmes, Stephen Jackson, Larry Johnson, Shaun Alexander, Adrian Peterson. But the other is always LT. It's amazing he's been able to be this good for this long.

royr17
02-22-2009, 02:50 PM
well the saints have bush and pierre thomas.

so i highly doubt it. if the chiefs let go of LJ do they have anyone proven at rb ? that answer would be no.

The_Doctor10
02-22-2009, 02:51 PM
That's a lot of jack tied up at RB. It's amazing how quickly RB's go down hill once they've finally earned a huge contract. Priest, LT, LJ, Shawn Alexander to name a few.

LT signed his deal in 2004; in that time, he set the Chargers record for TDs in a season with 20, broke Shaun Alexander's NFL record for TDs with 31, and became the first player since Edgerrin James to win back to back rushing titles. All of this came after his huge contract.

The problem isn't the contracts; the problem is idiot GMs who think giving a guy 8 years and 50-60 million when he's pushing 30 (LJ and Alexander more specifically) is going to be anything but a gigantic failure.

The_Doctor10
02-22-2009, 02:53 PM
well the saints have bush and pierre thomas.

so i highly doubt it. if the chiefs let go of LJ do they have anyone proven at rb ? that answer would be no.

Don't forget the Saints are sitting on about 9 million bucks in cap space, and they have to try and re-sign Vilma, do something in free agency, and sign their picks. LJ + New orleans will never happen. Not to mention Payton probably wouldn't allow it on principle.

JuicesFlowing
02-22-2009, 02:58 PM

True. Are there any Chiefs fans that have 10,000 posts on ANY rivals board? I would be surprised. (surprised that they consider themselves Chiefs fans) ...:shake:

blueballs
02-22-2009, 03:00 PM
he'll be pouting in another city

Buck
02-22-2009, 03:03 PM
True. Are there any Chiefs fans that have 10,000 posts on ANY rivals board? I would be surprised. (surprised that they consider themselves Chiefs fans) ...:shake:

Yeah, well there are Jets Fans (D2112), Broncos Fans (Garcia Bronco and Taco John [i think]) and some other I think that have over 10000 posts here.

Heres the Entire List

Taco John (Broncos)
Mile High Mania (Broncos) [im assuming hes a broncos fan???]
Amnorix (Patriots)
BucEyedPea (Buccaneers)
Garcia Bronco (Broncos)
Ugly Duck (Raiders)
Joe Seahawk (Seahawks)
BuckinKaeding (Chargers)
D2112 (Jets)
RedNeckRaider (Raiders)
NewPhin (Dolphins) [did he used to be a Chiefs Fan???]

Pasta Little Brioni
02-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Don't forget the Saints are sitting on about 9 million bucks in cap space, and they have to try and re-sign Vilma, do something in free agency, and sign their picks. LJ + New orleans will never happen. Not to mention Payton probably wouldn't allow it on principle.

I think he meant that he wants the Chiefs to sign LT.

Frazod
Actually, LT has been one of the best for eight years, which is about five or six years longer than most running backs can stay at the top these days.

For the last eight years there have been two running backs that are the consensus top two picks of any fantasy draft. One of them is different every year: Priest Holmes, Stephen Jackson, Larry Johnson, Shaun Alexander, Adrian Peterson. But the other is always LT. It's amazing he's been able to be this good for this long.

That's true, but it's over now.

Fritz88

Basically I think he would only choose the Chiefs as a last resort...no offense.

Look under your left tit. Yes, see. That's a chiefs logo. you can't help it buck. you are a chiefs fan.

Buck
02-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Look under your left tit. Yes, see. That's a chiefs logo. you can't help it buck. you are a chiefs fan.

I have a Chargers Tattoo...

Frazod
02-22-2009, 03:13 PM
I have a Chargers Tattoo...

Oops. LMAO

Buck
02-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Oops. LMAO

Can anyone figure out how to turn this into a Chiefs Logo?

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f138/mattdayjr/0912071214.jpg

Frazod
02-22-2009, 03:31 PM

Antifreeze?

Dinny Bossa Nova
02-22-2009, 03:36 PM
I GOT IT!!!!

If the Chiefs cut LJ and the Chargers cut LT...

Maybe we can trade Claythan to the Chargers for Buck.

Best offseason EVAR!!!!!

Dinny

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Just cut the sonofabitch. He's fucking done. You guys should draft a guy like Andre Brown in the 2nd or 3rd round to team with Sproles.

Silock
02-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Rub some brake fluid on it. It'll buff right out.

el borracho
02-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Judgement Day: The BuckinKaeding Chronicles

JuicesFlowing
02-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Yeah, well there are Jets Fans (D2112), Broncos Fans (Garcia Bronco and Taco John [i think]) and some other I think that have over 10000 posts here.

Heres the Entire List

Taco John (Broncos)
Amnorix (Patriots)
BucEyedPea (Buccaneers)
Garcia Bronco (Broncos)
Ugly Duck (Raiders)
Joe Seahawk (Seahawks)
BuckinKaeding (Chargers)
D2112 (Jets)
RedNeckRaider (Raiders)

Yes I know. But as a fan of a specific team (in my case, the Chiefs), I spend way too much time (and really at that, it's not much ..) on Chiefs Planet to go post on some other team's board. That's all. *edit: it doesn't matter. I enjoy perspective from everyone regardless of their affiliation. I'm still a n00b anyway.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-22-2009, 04:07 PM

None taken. He needs to go somewhere that can give him a lock on a ring, and sooner rather than later.

By the time the Chiefs are ready to roll, LT would be in a wheelchair for life.

Buck
02-25-2009, 05:02 PM
All this silence is killing me.

AJ Smith has a news conference scheduled for 12 pm tomorrow.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2009, 05:12 PM
All this silence is killing me.

AJ Smith has a news conference scheduled for 12 pm tomorrow.

Best of luck to you and your boy. :thumb:

2bikemike
02-25-2009, 05:44 PM

Damn thats one ugly ass tattoo. What the hell is that thing anyway? Is it supposed to be a horse? A bird?

Buck
02-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Damn thats one ugly ass tattoo. What the hell is that thing anyway? Is it supposed to be a horse? A bird?

Its a magical Horse Bird Dragon. Duh.

J/K.

This was the Chargers Logo from 1961-1984

Not the one on the helmet, but their official Logo.

My tattoo isn't an exact replica, but I used Illustrator to make it more custom

I also used the Chargers oldschool Font 1961-1987

lazepoo
02-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Is that anything like Galen Tyrol?

J/K.

I own Blade Runner but haven't watched it yet.

Dude, you haven't seen Blade Runner yet? What kind of sci-fi nerd are you?

Fritz88
02-25-2009, 06:01 PM

yeah.

http://www.sknvibes.com/userfiles/Image/machete.jpg

blueballs
02-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Lawrence Taylor is a Charger

soundmind
02-25-2009, 06:20 PM
What are the odds on Tomlinson just retiring if they don't get something worked out?

I can't see him wanting to go to another team and "start over" on the hunt for a ring...the last two seasons or so he's really worn that "I'm ready to leave" or "I've accepted I won't be here much longer" look in just about every interview. "I can't do this forever..." I've heard that I don't know how many times from him. Plus - and this is truly unfortunate, but part of the game - he's sustained some nasty injuries the last couple seasons, and at his position it can end your career.

His best days may be behind him, but he strikes me as a prideful sort of guy, who can and will walk away from this game with his honor intact. (much unlike a certain local tailback)

Sad sad day though, I do not look forward to that - he's been an absolute pleasure to watch play the game and he and his presence will be sorely missed.

Tiger's Fan
02-25-2009, 06:25 PM
The Chargers are trying to sign Lawrence Taylor?

Theres only one LT, and he's been retired for quite some time now.

MMXcalibur
02-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Two seasons ago, having Tomlinson be RELEASED from the Chargers would have been right up there with "Me having a threesome with Jessica Alba and Anne Hathaway" in the 'impossible department'.

Buck
02-25-2009, 06:30 PM

Yeah because only 1 person is ever allowed to be called by their Initials.

Digital Takawira
02-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Yeah because only 1 person is ever allowed to be called by their Initials.

when tomlinson wins a super bowl, he can call himself LT.

stlchiefs
02-25-2009, 07:41 PM

Why is there a Raven in your Charger's logo? :D

Go Mizzou & Chiefs
02-25-2009, 07:46 PM
y do u people join chiefsplanet if u dont like them?

Buck
02-25-2009, 07:50 PM

This website isn't all about football.

Crush
02-25-2009, 07:58 PM

y du u tipe like that?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2009, 08:13 PM
yeah.

http://www.sknvibes.com/userfiles/Image/machete.jpg

ROFL

y du u tipe like that?

May U live 2 see the dawn: LMAO

http://www.mathies.com/blog/prince_purple_rain.jpg

Buck
02-25-2009, 08:13 PM
http://tinyurl.com/adnmrt

AFC West news and notes

February 25, 2009 8:57 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

The word out of San Diego is, barring unexpected progress, a resolution to the LaDainian Tomlinson restructured contract talks will not be done by the time general manger A.J. Smith speaks to the media. Smith will address the media at 12 p.m. PT. Smith will discuss the team's free agency issue. The Tomlinson situation may take a couple of more days to resolve.

I don't expect Tampa Bay star linebacker Derrick Brooks to end up in the AFC. Anything could happen, but I don't see him being a great fit for an AFC west team. One player who was purged in Tampa on Sunday who could fit in the division is receiver Ike Hilliard. He could potentially get interest from Oakland as could Joey Galloway. Hilliard would be less expensive though. The Oakland Tribune looks at a couple of other receiving possibilities for the Raiders.

If Shaun Rogers can wiggle his way out of Cleveland, both Denver and Kansas City could be players for the massive defensive tackle. He'd fit in scheme cities. Last year, while under the Mike Shanahan regime, Denver tried to trade for Rogers while he was with Detroit.

While it is a fluid situation, the word Wednesday is that Raiders' receiver Javon Walker is leaning toward playing this season and is open to taking a pay cut from Oakland. This situation could be cleared in the coming days. Meanwhile, the Raiders are trying to re-sign guard Cooper Carlisle, one of the team's best offensive linemen. If he becomes a free agent, Carlisle could be popular on the open market.

In addition to Grady Jackson, other defensive tackles Denver may look at in free agency include Mike Wright and Colin Cole.

The Chargers gave tenders to two restricted free agents.

Buck
02-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Does anyone know if there is a certain date you have to cut a player by to not take a hit?

kaplin42
02-26-2009, 01:09 PM

I would say that Tomlinson is a better LT, then Taylor. At least Tomlinson isn't a drugy scumbag of a human being.

Buck
02-26-2009, 01:10 PM
I would say that Tomlinson is a better LT, then Taylor. At least Tomlinson isn't a drugy scumbag of a human being.

Esto.

kaplin42
02-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Esto.

What did you just call me?

Buck
02-26-2009, 01:14 PM
What did you just call me?

It means "This" in Spanish.

kaplin42
02-26-2009, 01:15 PM
It means "This" in Spanish.

ahh, thanks.

beach tribe
02-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Why would you stop being a fan of your team for doing the right thing, and basically something they have no choice but to do?

Buck
02-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Why would you stop being a fan of your team for doing the right thing, and basically something they have no choice but to do?

Cutting LT may or may not be the right thing. However, the manner in which AJ Smith has gone about it is absolutely wrong. He Mocked the Greatest Charger of ALL TIME. IMO, its not the right thing. He had 1 Off season out of 8 so far. He still a top notch RB. He deserves to be the highest paid, if not one of the top 5 highest paid RBs in the league.

beach tribe
02-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Cutting LT may or may not be the right thing. However, the manner in which AJ Smith has gone about it is absolutely wrong. He Mocked the Greatest Charger of ALL TIME. IMO, its not the right thing. He had 1 Off season out of 8 so far. He still a top notch RB. He deserves to be the highest paid, if not one of the top 5 highest paid RBs in the league.

If it's any consolation, I think A.J. Smith is the the most over-rated Gm I have ever seen. He gets the credit for building "the most talented team in football"...Fine. But with all those picks, a lot of which were no-brainers, it's not that huge of an accomplishment. Especially after the decisions he's made since building the team. I think if you guys still had Drew Brees, you would have been to the Bowl by now. Not to mention Norv Turner is your head coach.

kaplin42
02-26-2009, 02:21 PM
Well Buck, whats the word?

I'm curious to see what happens to LT.

Tiger's Fan
02-26-2009, 03:01 PM
I think Dan Fouts is the greatest Charger of all time.

MIAdragon
03-08-2009, 01:23 PM
LaDainian Tomlinson-RB-Chargers Mar. 8 - 11:16 am et

In a radio interview with XX 1090 AM, Drew Brees admitted to conversing with former teammate LaDainian Tomlinson about the possibility of LT joining the Saints if the opportunity arises.

"For me, I’m just waiting for the opportunity if he is available to come and snatch him," Brees said. Asked if he told LT that he wanted him as a teammate, Brees replied, "I think that’s pretty obvious, don’t you think?" The National Football Post reported last week that the Saints would have a "high level of interest" if LT becomes available.
Source: ProFootballTalk

Thig Lyfe
03-08-2009, 03:16 PM
IMPLOSION

Buck
03-10-2009, 10:04 PM
I have wood.

NewChief
08-25-2009, 07:48 PM

Heres the Entire List

Taco John (Broncos)
Amnorix (Patriots)
BucEyedPea (Buccaneers)
Garcia Bronco (Broncos)
Ugly Duck (Raiders)
Joe Seahawk (Seahawks)
BuckinKaeding (Chargers)
D2112 (Jets)
RedNeckRaider (Raiders)

Heh. I'm not actually a Dolphins fan. I just changed my name when Trent went to the Phins, and I never changed it again because I dislike name changes. But yeah, I was NewChief back when Trent was with the Chiefs.

unothadeal
08-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Heh. I'm not actually a Dolphins fan. I just changed my name when Trent went to the Phins, and I never changed it again because I dislike name changes. But yeah, I was NewChief back when Trent was with the Chiefs.

Someone put their name in the search engine!

NewChief
08-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Someone put their name in the search engine!

Guilty as charged. I don't come around enough to keep up, so I search occasionally to see if anyone asked me a question or missed me while I was gone. ;)

unothadeal
08-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Guilty as charged. I don't come around enough to keep up, so I search occasionally to see if anyone asked me a question or missed me while I was gone. ;)
LOL I do it every 10 minutes or so.