PDA

View Full Version : Misc I'm watching a show about Stalin.

Rain Man
02-22-2009, 07:55 PM
Apparently during his "State of the Union" address one year, he came out and everyone started clapping. However, everyone in attendance was afraid to be the first one to stop clapping in case he noticed and thought they were disloyal, so they all kept clapping. No one would stop. Eventually, they had to ring bells to let everyone stop clapping at the same time.

Now that's power.

bevis369
02-22-2009, 07:57 PM
:Rader::Rader::Rader::bang::bang:::bang:
:Rader::Rader::Rader::Rader::bang::bang::bang::Rader::Rader::Rader:

Skip Towne
02-22-2009, 08:01 PM
You really need to get cable TV

FAX
02-22-2009, 08:02 PM
The same thing happened at one of his dinner parties, Mr. Rain Man.

In Russia, it's considered polite to belch after dining - it indicates the food was delicious. His guests all started belching and each person was afraid to stop for fear Stalin would identify them as being dissatisfied with the meal. One guy belched until he passed out in his stroganoff and noodles. Then Stalin had him shot.

FAX

Crush
02-22-2009, 08:04 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IkCXtMHCUTc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IkCXtMHCUTc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

boogblaster
02-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Ill shoot ur ass if u dont puke after one of my meals .....

bevis369
02-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Netflixs... Or those $5 DVDs at Walmart...

Crush
02-22-2009, 08:09 PM
I always chuckle at these dictators that force a cult of personality on the people.

Mao, Stalin, Hitler, Kim Il Sung, Kim Jong Il, Ho Chi Minh, and etc., all must have had some severe insecurities. Small penis? No hugs as a child? Embarrassing skin rash? Embarrassing dandruff? Irritable bowel? It makes me wonder.

bevis369
02-22-2009, 08:11 PM
D.V.R. ...

Groves
02-22-2009, 08:14 PM
We just watched that scene when we watched "War of the Century" on netflix. Very good movie, we thought.

gblowfish
02-22-2009, 08:22 PM
When Harry Truman first met him at Postdam, he wrote in his diary that he liked him, because he reminded him of Kansas City Political boss Tom Pendergast.

Shows how powerful Pendergast was in the 1930's...

bevis369
02-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Obama...

Adept Havelock
02-22-2009, 08:36 PM
To choose one's victim, to prepare one's plans minutely, to slake an implacable vengeance, and then to go to bed ...there is nothing sweeter in the world.
:eek:
When Harry Truman first met him at Postdam, he wrote in his diary that he liked him, because he reminded him of Kansas City Political boss Tom Pendergast.

Shows how powerful Pendergast was in the 1930's...
Heh. I wonder if Pendergast was upset he couldn't raise a "canal army" of his own, and paved Brush Creek with the bones of his enemies, ala Belemor.

FAX
02-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Ill shoot ur ass if u dont puke after one of my meals .....

Symptomatic of a diseased mind, Mr. boogblaster. No question about it.

However, it does makes one very glad that, rather than demonstrating their approval of a meal with the traditional belch, those Ruskies didn't break wind instead.

Frankly speaking, nothing is sadder than watching a bunch of Commie Generals sitting around for countless hours trying to squeeze out fart after fart merely in order to placate their leader.

FAX

aturnis
02-22-2009, 09:19 PM
You really need to get cable TV

That is cable. It's call the History Channel. I'm guessing you were watching "Hitler and Stalin"? I think it was on History International earlier.

aturnis
02-22-2009, 09:26 PM
One guy belched until he passed out in his stroganoff and noodles. Then Stalin had him shot.

FAX

He actually had the dude shot?! Fuck that. I'd kill the fucker.

joesomebody
02-22-2009, 09:47 PM
:Rader::Rader::Rader::bang::bang:::bang:
:Rader::Rader::Rader::Rader::bang::bang::bang::Rader::Rader::Rader:I have a feeling you would be really good at those interpretive dances on the Oscars.

bowener
02-22-2009, 10:11 PM
Obama...

Not sure what this was an attempt at, but it seems to have failed.

Rain Man
02-22-2009, 10:35 PM
That is cable. It's call the History Channel. I'm guessing you were watching "Hitler and Stalin"? I think it was on History International earlier.

Yeah, but I only saw the last 20 minutes or so, after they had gained the love of their people.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-22-2009, 10:47 PM
http://www.joblo.com/images_movie_reviews/ladies_man.jpg
This documentary does not sound sexy...

KcMizzou
02-22-2009, 10:53 PM
This documentary does not sound sexy...Suddenly I'm craving a fish sandwich.

FAX
02-23-2009, 01:51 AM
That reminds me, Mr. KcMizzou.

There was this other time when Stalin was a little boy and his mother agreed to let him have a sleepover, so Stalin invited about 8 of his friends from school over to his house. The kids were reluctant at first because the Stalins were poor and their house was basically an old, drafty, stone hut, but finally they all agreed because they didn't want their families killed. So they came over to Stalin's house about 9:00 and they all played games (which they let young Stalin win) until the wee hours of the morning when they finally went to bed in their sleeping bags.

The next morning, each boy was afraid to be the first one to wake up in fear that young Stalin would think that they weren't comfortable sleeping on the cold, dirt floor. They would have laid there all day if it hadn't been for Stalin's mom who started bashing them all with a frozen halibut because they were taking up so much space. But Stalin killed a couple of them just for practice anyway.

FAX

stevieray
02-23-2009, 02:02 AM
That reminds me, Mr. KcMizzou.

There was this other time when Stalin was a little boy and his mother agreed to let him have a sleepover, so Stalin invited about 8 of his friends from school over to his house. The kids were reluctant at first because the Stalins were poor and their house was basically an old, drafty, stone hut, but finally they all agreed because they didn't want their families killed. So they came over to Stalin's house about 9:00 and they all played games (which they let young Stalin win) until the wee hours of the morning when they finally went to bed in their sleeping bags.

The next morning, each boy was afraid to be the first one to wake up in fear that young Stalin would think that they weren't comfortable sleeping on the cold, dirt floor. They would have laid there all day if it hadn't been for Stalin's mom who started bashing them all with a frozen halibut because they were taking up so much space. But Stalin killed a couple of them just for practice anyway.

FAX
"how can you have any pudding, when you don't (b)eat your halibut!"

The Buddha
02-23-2009, 02:06 AM
Whenever Krushchev took power, one of the first questions he was asked was, "How could you let Stalin do all of those horrible things he did."

He responded by screaming, "WHO SAID THAT!?!"

Everyone in the crowd went totally silent, to which Krushchev replied, "That's why."

Its amazing what fear will do to people. Machiavelli said (when it comes to keeping a secure position over as leader) it is better to be feared than respected. I think, horrifically enough, Stalin is a great example of this in work.

Crush
02-23-2009, 02:17 AM
Whenever Krushchev took power, one of the first questions he was asked was, "How could you let Stalin do all of those horrible things he did."

He responded by screaming, "WHO SAID THAT!?!"

Everyone in the crowd went totally silent, to which Krushchev replied, "That's why."

Its amazing what fear will do to people. Machiavelli said (when it comes to keeping a secure position over as leader) it is better to be feared than respected. I think, horrifically enough, Stalin is a great example of this in work.

I concur. You either kissed his ass or you were shipped to a gulag in Siberia. It was that simple.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-23-2009, 02:23 AM
Fucking Ann Coulter said that Truman was affectionate to the guy and called him "Uncle Joe".

Dumb skank.

JuicesFlowing
02-23-2009, 02:42 AM
I watched a program on either Discovery or the History Channel about the underground bunkers Saddam built in Baghdad. Pretty amazing. Practically an underground city ...

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-23-2009, 02:46 AM
I watched a program on either Discovery or the History Channel about the underground bunkers Saddam built in Baghdad. Pretty amazing. Practically an underground city ...

And to think, his were the "budget version".

If you saw some of the shit this Country has built underground, it would blow your mind before scaring the piss out of you.

Kerberos
02-23-2009, 06:50 AM
"how can you have any pudding, when you don't (b)eat your halibut!"

"We don't need no edumacation"

Fairplay
02-23-2009, 06:52 AM
I was watching a program about how Stalin offered the prisoners in the Soviet union to fight for our homeland and after the war they will granted a full pardon.

So a lot of them did.

Guess what, after the War was over Stalin had them thrown back in the prison system when it ended. LMAO