PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft "Come on! Let's go! I'm ready!"

T-post Tom
02-25-2009, 12:52 AM
Stafford wants to be a Lion

Getting opportunity to throw to Johnson appeals to the former Georgia quarterback.

John Niyo / The Detroit News

Quarterback Matthew Stafford is welcoming the prospect of being selected by the Lions with the No. 1 overall pick in April's draft with open arms -- literally.

In a Sports Illustrated profile on Stafford titled "Searching for Bobby Layne" -- the issue hits newsstands today -- senior NFL writer Peter King shares some behind-the-scenes tales from last week's NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis.

"I'm being completely honest, and it has nothing to do with money -- I would love to go to Detroit," Stafford told King, echoing comments he made in a 15-minute news conference earlier Friday at the combine. "My friends say, 'C'mon, gimme a break.' But I'm a competitive guy. The Lions have passionate fans, a great stadium, and I'd be throwing to the biggest freak (Calvin Johnson), with the most talent, of any receiver in the NFL."

The Lions' top brass, including head coach Jim Schwartz, had a two-hour dinner with Stafford on Thursday night in Indianapolis. By all accounts, it went well. Well enough, in fact, that Stafford felt comfortable enough the next day to sneak up behind Lions president Tom Lewand and give him a bear hug, King reports.

"Come on!" Stafford told Lewand, laughing. "Let's go! I'm ready!"

Kyle DeLexus
02-25-2009, 12:53 AM
Well shit!

Direckshun
02-25-2009, 01:15 AM
GIVE ME A DIRTY SANCHEZ

Mecca
02-25-2009, 01:41 AM
Of course he does...everyone wants to be the 1st pick you know how much money that is?

kcxiv
02-25-2009, 01:45 AM
Doesnt hurt that he will be throwing to a Wide Out that has all the potential in the world. We could see some Montana to Rice 20 years later going on.

Thig Lyfe
02-25-2009, 01:59 AM
I'd be throwing to the biggest freak, with the most talent, of any receiver in the NFL."

The Cardinals are picking first now?

Mecca
02-25-2009, 02:01 AM
Calvin Johnson probably is the most naturally gifted WR in the league now with Mosses age.

Thig Lyfe
02-25-2009, 02:07 AM
Calvin Johnson probably is the most naturally gifted WR in the league now with Mosses age.

I haven't seen CJ as much as I've seen Fitzgerald, but I have a hard time believing anybody is more talented than Fitz at this moment in time.

Mecca
02-25-2009, 02:11 AM
He has more speed....take Fitzgeralds body and give him gamebreaker speed.

Kyle DeLexus
02-25-2009, 02:14 AM
Now - Fitz
Potential - CJ

He's got a chance to be one of the best. To have it when he walks down the street people look and they say there goes Calvin Johnson, the best there ever was in this game.

Thig Lyfe
02-25-2009, 02:14 AM
Fitz has broken a game or two with his legs...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W6Ys0iEpz8A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W6Ys0iEpz8A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mecca
02-25-2009, 02:17 AM
Ok that's nice and all but he does not possess the same speed Calvin Johnson does.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-25-2009, 05:28 AM
He has more speed....take Fitzgeralds body and give him gamebreaker speed.

And the biggest hands of any WR in the history of the combine, combined with better leaping ability.

milkman
02-25-2009, 05:40 AM
Stafford to Calvin Johnson could never hope to compete with the greatness of Thigpen to Michael Crabtree./truefan

Fish
02-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Stafford to Calvin Johnson could never hope to compete with the greatness of Thigpen to Michael Crabtree./truefan

:banghead:
:cuss:

Chiefnj2
02-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Too bad for him the Lions are leaning OT and Curry.

OnTheWarpath15
02-25-2009, 09:39 AM

LMAO

Rain Man
02-25-2009, 09:57 AM
He really needs to learn more about the Gonzalez/Bowe/Bradley trio. They're a conflagration waiting for a match.

Kyle DeLexus
02-25-2009, 10:01 AM

Boy oh boy, that does have a certain ring to it....you've convinced me Thigpen is the man and Crabtree is the pick!!!!!!11!1!!

only joking

philfree
02-25-2009, 10:26 AM
The Lions' top brass, including head coach Jim Schwartz, had a two-hour dinner with Stafford on Thursday night in Indianapolis. By all accounts, it went well. Well enough, in fact, that Stafford felt comfortable enough the next day to sneak up behind Lions president Tom Lewand and give him a bear hug, King reports.

The Deal Is Done! Stafford is a Lion.

I hope which ever player the Lions pick #1 they do like Miami did last year and sign the guy well before the draft.

PhilFree:arrow:

Mr. Laz
02-25-2009, 11:07 AM
it's like some huge dvd of dickheadness that is just stuck on repeat

Pioli Zombie
02-25-2009, 11:09 AM
Doesnt hurt that he will be throwing to a Wide Out that has all the potential in the world. We could see some Montana to Rice 20 years later going on.

Stafford is Joe Montana now??? :banghead:

Coogs
02-25-2009, 12:24 PM

:LOL:

The Franchise
02-25-2009, 12:52 PM
God I can't wait to see Stafford to Bowe.

BigChiefFan
02-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Love that Jake Plummer attitude. Does he throw left-handed as well? LOL.

milkman
02-25-2009, 01:00 PM
it's like some huge dvd of dickheadness that is just stuck on repeat

Geez Laz.

What crawled up your ass and bound you up?

You used to have a sense of humor.

Mr. Plow
02-25-2009, 01:00 PM
Nobody really wants to play in Detroit.