PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Cassel and Curry

Pages : [1] 2

chiefforlife
02-25-2009, 09:39 AM
OK, here it is. #3 pick overall goes to Curry. Trade our second rounder to Pats for Cassel. Instant starter, instant improvement on Offense and Defense.
The more I think about it, I am starting to like it.
I am sure to get killed by some of you but think about it...We would be so much better than last year, I think we could seriously compete for the division is one offseason.

RustShack
02-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Carl!? Is that you!?

milkman
02-25-2009, 09:46 AM
Yeah, let's draft a non impact position player at #3 overall, and trade for a system specific QB with marginal arm strength.

Great plan.

Print 'em!

Huffman83
02-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Nah....Cassel just had one good year on a good overall team.

But I'm all about Curry.

Mecca
02-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Carl Peterson's influence is never going to leave is it?

ChiefRon
02-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Anybody catch Rod Woodson's comments on Total Access last night.

Something along these lines:

"I wouldn't trade for Cassel. Trading for QBs just hasn't worked out, especially the ones who have a monster year and then get traded somewhere else. Draft and develop your own guy, plus he's still yound and will have many prime years left by the time you build the rest of the team"

He was talking about the Lions, but applies to us as well.

Carl is gone. We're not trading picks to win next season, we're building for the long-term.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Yeah, let's draft a non impact position player at #3 overall, and trade for a system specific QB with marginal arm strength.

Great plan.

Print 'em!
LMAO

Carl Peterson's influence is never going to leave is it?

We are never going to get a day of rest from this shit, are we?:shake:

I'm seriously debating whether or not to just hand out neg-rep on principal every time I see this shit.

chiefforlife
02-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Curry is considered the best player in the draft. Cassel is better than any QB we could take in the second round and some think he is better than ANY QB in the draft.
The Chiefs could end up with the top two players at their positions, that are available this offseason.

dirk digler
02-25-2009, 09:55 AM
No thanks on Cassell. Another 1-hit wonder

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2009, 09:55 AM
ADDENDUM:

Where's that "are we overrun with retards" thread? Time to weigh in, me thinks.

Mecca
02-25-2009, 09:56 AM
Curry is considered the best player in the draft. Cassel is better than any QB we could take in the second round and some think he is better than ANY QB in the draft.
The Chiefs could end up with the top two players at their positions, that are available this offseason.

He's a linebacker, Aaron Curry's impact on a game is minimal at best. Do you really think the Titans are going to be lead to a bowl by Keith Bulluck?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-25-2009, 09:59 AM
If Aaron Curry is the greatest cover backer of all time, I still wouldn't trade him for a top 5-8 NFL QB.

chiefforlife
02-25-2009, 10:00 AM
He's a linebacker, Aaron Curry's impact on a game is minimal at best. Do you really think the Titans are going to be lead to a bowl by Keith Bulluck?

I think Derrick Thomas was a game changer and so is Ray Lewis, James Harrison.
We hired the best talent evaluator in the business, if he thinks Cassel is worth it, do you really think any of us are qualified to argue with him.

chiefforlife
02-25-2009, 10:01 AM
If Aaron Curry is the greatest cover backer of all time, I still wouldn't trade him for a top 5-8 NFL QB.

We dont have that option, do we?

Mecca
02-25-2009, 10:01 AM
We hired the best talent evaluator in the business, if he thinks Cassel is worth it, do you really think any of us are qualified to argue with him.

2 of the 3 you just listed were pass rushers which Curry is not...also let me show you something real fast Derrick Thomas was drafted 3rd that is high..James Harrison wasn't even drafted and Ray Lewis was an end of the 1st round pick, the Ravens themselves took Jonathan Ogden in front of him.

milkman
02-25-2009, 10:02 AM

LT
DT
Shawne Merriman
DeMarcus Ware
Keith Bullock.

One of these is not like the others.

Can you figure it out?

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Or we could go RT, guard, 3rd rounder to Cleveland for Anderson.

Chiefnj2
02-25-2009, 10:03 AM

"I wouldn't trade for Cassel. Trading for QBs just hasn't worked out, especially the ones who have a monster year and then get traded somewhere else. Draft and develop your own guy, plus he's still yound and will have many prime years left by the time you build the rest of the team"

Carl is gone. We're not trading picks to win next season, we're building for the long-term.

I think there is a difference when the GM or coach switch teams and then bring in their "old" QB. Bringing in Trent worked for KC. Parcells has always tried to bring his old QB's with him (Testaverde, Pennington).

MOhillbilly

they did it once w/ D a run game & half ass wideouts. they played marty ball and lost by a yard.
then again kurts been back. says something about QB play importance...

'Hamas' Jenkins
We dont have that option, do we?

We definitely do.

The potential of Stafford and Sanchez=elite NFL QBs

The potential of Curry=elite cover backer.

Aaron Curry isn't a 100% lock HOFer, either, despite what everyone wants you to believe.

Mecca
LT
DT
Shawne "roidman" Merriman
DeMarcus Ware
Keith Bullock.

Can you figure it out?

This probably won't end like you're expecting it to.

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 10:04 AM
We definitely do.

Aaron Curry isn't a 100% lock HOFer, either, despite what everyone wants you to believe.

But I've heard he's the safe pick?

Are you suggesting that positions are than QB bust? WTF?

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Bringing in Trent worked for KC..

6-10
8-8
13-3
7-9
10-6

1 Playoff appearance
0 Wins.

Yup, that's worth the #12 overall pick and the fact that we were probably going to take Brees there.

milkman
02-25-2009, 10:05 AM
This probably won't end like you're expecting it to.

Given the myopia of this place, I think I know exactly what to expect.

ChiefRon
I think there is a difference when the GM or coach switch teams and then bring in their "old" QB. Bringing in Trent worked for KC. Parcells has always tried to bring his old QB's with him (Testaverde, Pennington).

So you're saying go after Kurt Warner?

Mecca
6-10
8-8
13-3
7-9
10-6

1 Playoff appearance
0 Wins.

Yup, that's worth the #12 overall pick and the fact that we were probably going to take Brees there.

I love when people argue that Green was worth the 12th pick, only this fan base.

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 10:06 AM
But Green was such a nice guy! How could you turn against him!

chiefforlife
02-25-2009, 10:07 AM
We definitely do.

Cassel has just as much potential as Stafford or Sanchez at this point. We could have Curry and Cassel. That isnt an option with the other QBs.

Mecca
02-25-2009, 10:08 AM

Has anyone else ever wondered why fans in this market care about this kind of thing? I really could careless if the players are nice guys or not aslong as they don't get suspended, and play great I could careless they aren't my friends.

Mecca
02-25-2009, 10:09 AM
Cassel has just as much potential as Stafford or Sanchez at this point. We could have Curry and Cassel. That isnt an option with the other QBs.

Oh please, Cassell only has as much potential if he gets to bring Randy Moss Wes Welker etc with him.

ChiefRon
02-25-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally I was open to trading for Cassell as long as it wasn't crazy-high/multiple picks, but really the more I think about it the more I don't like it.

Pioli highly values draft picks.
We're not "just a QB" away.
Does Cassel fit Haley's style? Seems like a contrast there...

chiefforlife
02-25-2009, 10:10 AM
LT
DT
Shawne "roidman" Merriman
DeMarcus Ware
Keith Bullock.

Can you figure it out?

Pass rushers. That doesnt mean Curry cant pass rush, he just wasnt asked to in college.

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 10:10 AM
Has anyone else ever wondered why fans in this market care about this kind of thing? I really could careless if the players are nice guys or not aslong as they don't get suspended, and play great I could careless they aren't my friends.

I care about the individual players about as much as they care about me.

I've been a fan of this franchise before any of this current crop showed up, and, if it's meant to be, I'll be a fan after they're gone, too.

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 10:11 AM
Pass rushers. That doesnt mean Curry cant pass rush, he just wasnt asked to in college.

I think we can move him to corner, too. /Carl/

Mecca
02-25-2009, 10:11 AM

That's like saying, you know I bet a spread QB could be great in a pro style he just wasn't asked to do it!

Having pass rush moves and being good at pass rushing is not just as simple as "well I wasn't asked to do that"

DrRyan
02-25-2009, 10:12 AM

He got them pretty close. If Chris Johnson does not get injured in the first half against the Ravens the Titans very well could have been playing in Tampa this year.

MIAdragon
02-25-2009, 10:12 AM
Oh please, Cassell only has as much potential if he gets to bring Randy Moss Wes Welker etc with him.

Sign me up. :D

Mecca
02-25-2009, 10:14 AM
The point is, a LB unless a 3-4 pass rusher is a complimentary player you do not build your team around complimentary players.

That's why this team hasn't won shit all its best players have been complimentary players, TE, RG etc.

milkman
02-25-2009, 10:14 AM
That's like saying, you know I bet a spread QB could be great in a pro style he just wasn't asked to do it!

Having pass rush moves and being good at pass rushing is not just as simple as "well I wasn't asked to do that"

This.

chiefforlife
02-25-2009, 10:15 AM

I would compare it to those who said Brandon Albert cant play Left Tackle. He can play that position, he just wasnt asked to.
Most Guards cant play Tackle but Tackles can play guard.

milkman
02-25-2009, 10:15 AM
He got them pretty close. If Chris Johnson does not get injured in the first half against the Ravens the Titans very well could have been playing in Tampa this year.

In other words, Keith Bullock could have ridden the coat tails of Chris Johnson to the SB.

Rooster
02-25-2009, 10:16 AM

I watched Total Acess last night and saw that as well. I would have to agree with him 100%.

Mecca
02-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Having the natural athletic talent to play OT is not like having pass rush moves...rushing the passer is not just about talent it requires skills and moves that are learned and natural instinct to use them.

If rushing the passer was as easy as showing someone how to do it, teams wouldn't cream themselves to get a top pass rusher.

Gdaddy
02-25-2009, 10:17 AM
I agree with you on Cassel, and believe it will happen.
I like Crabtree at 3, but I dont mind Curry at all.
If not those two take Eugen Monroe from Virginia.

Mecca
02-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Oh god and now we're back to Crabtree.....

I can't think of anything I'd like more than a average sized, slow, spread WR with a broken foot.

keg in kc
02-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Trading a high second for Cassel would be even worse than spending the 3rd pick of the draft on Curry.

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Having the natural athletic talent to play OT is not like having pass rush moves...rushing the passer is not just about talent it requires skills and moves that are learned and natural instinct to use them.

If rushing the passer was as easy as showing someone how to do it, teams wouldn't cream themselves to get a top pass rusher.

This needs to be repeated, a lot, around here.

Why aren't the same people arguing that Curry can become a dominant rush backer demanding that the Chiefs select Orakpo? Dude looks like he's made from granite, and we have to "fill Allen's spot," right?

Cause elite pass rushing is easy. He just needs more coaching.

beach tribe
02-25-2009, 10:21 AM
6-10
8-8
13-3
7-9
10-6

1 Playoff appearance
0 Wins.

What, in the history of Carl Peterson drafting, would make you think we would pick Drew Brees?

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 10:22 AM
What, in the history of Carl Peterson drafting, would make you think we would pick Drew Brees?

Dick Vermeil's draft sheet that listed Brees at the top.

DrRyan
In other words, Keith Bullock could have ridden the coat tails of Chris Johnson to the SB.

No....In other words, having a top QB was not the deciding factor in the Titans making or not making the Super Bowl. Got it? I am not currently for or against drafting a QB at #3, but those that say it is the only way to go, deserving no discussion, and come close to a meltdown when questions are asked about said QBs are hysterical. If Pioli and Haley grade Sanchez as the BPA at #3 then you take him. If not, then you don't. Really, it is pretty simple.

Mecca
Trading a high second for Cassel would be even worse than spending the 3rd pick of the draft on Curry.

We're never really going to escape Carl...just wait till Pioli does something really anti Carl like cutting a popular aging player that everyone likes....

keg in kc
02-25-2009, 10:23 AM
This needs to be repeated, a lot, around here.

Why aren't the same people arguing that Curry can become a dominant rush backer demanding that the Chiefs select Orakpo? Dude looks like he's made from granite, and we have to "fill Allen's spot," right?

Cause elite pass rushing is easy. He just needs more coaching.Nah. Just grab some scrub in the 6th and make him the starter. 'cause that's all it takes - opportunity.

MIAdragon
02-25-2009, 10:23 AM

:cuss:

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Nah. Just grab some scrub in the 6th and make him the starter. 'cause that's all it takes - opportunity.

My fault.

Add that to Pioli's eye for talent in the 6th, and...it's schooner time.

keg in kc
02-25-2009, 10:24 AM
We're never really going to escape Carl...Well, trading for Cassel isn't really a Carl move either. Guy's only 26. He'd need to give him 5 more years on the bench and then give up a first.

Say, is there any way we could get Culpepper? He'd be perfect.

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Well, trading for Cassel isn't really a Carl move either. Guy's only 26. He'd need to give him 5 more years on the bench and then give up a first.

So you're saying we should go RT in the first and wait?

Mecca
02-25-2009, 10:25 AM

I don't know if his giant mole birth mark thinger fit the profile.

keg in kc
02-25-2009, 10:26 AM
So you're saying we should go RT in the first and wait?Gonzo's about to retire. I think we need to go Pettigrew.

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 10:28 AM
I don't know if his giant mole birth mark thinger fit the profile.

You've heard that draft sheet story, right?

Apparently Petro was sitting very close to Vermeil when he came out to address the media on draft day, and he didn't cover up any of his notes.

Petro said he was shocked, and immediately started trying to get all the info. he could before Vermeil noticed his mistake.

MOhillbilly
02-25-2009, 10:28 AM

It is easy, why else would the nfl make it easier for the O to protect the QB every friggin year. thats why D-Cos have gone to alot of soft cover 2 and zone blitzing. Defence is almost as choreographed as the offense these days. players who have less athletic ability and more football knowledge do better. LB is no exception.

chiefforlife
02-25-2009, 10:30 AM

Blocking those pass rushers is also a natural talent. If all Guards could become Tackles, teams would have the same reaction.
I think Albert was special and so is Curry.

Pioli Zombie
02-25-2009, 10:31 AM

im having a flashback. this is when the war started. its not worth it. blessed are the peacemakers. ;)

Mecca
02-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Yea just like Derrick Johnson was special...

Pioli Zombie
02-25-2009, 10:34 AM

Green just got another concussion opening the refridgerator.

milkman
02-25-2009, 10:35 AM

No....In other words, having a top QB was not the deciding factor in the Titans making or not making the Super Bowl. Got it? I am not currently for or against drafting a QB at #3, but those that say it is the only way to go, deserving no discussion, and come close to a meltdown when questions are asked about said QBs are hysterical. If Pioli and Haley grade Sanchez as the BPA at #3 then you take him. If not, then you don't. Really, it is pretty simple.

The question was do you believe that Keith Bullock will lead the Titans to the SB?

You responded by saying he almost did, if Chris Johnson hadn't gotten hurt.

The implication is that Chris Johnson could have gotten Bullock to the SB.

We all understand that sometimes outstanding defensive teams can get to a SB without a top tier QB, but even these Titans wern't led by Bullock.

That defense with Bullock, but without Haynesworth, struggled.

Bullock, for all of his talent, is not a difference maker.

He a nice piece of a puzzle that had a differnce maker on the D-Line.

Teams can compete for a SB without a top tier QB, but they can not compete year in and year out without a top tier QB.

I want to be an annual SB competitor.

We've already done the pretender thing.

Pioli Zombie
02-25-2009, 10:36 AM

this is how i came to have a -5215 rep score

i can live it with, just want you to be warned ;)

Chiefnj2
The question was do you believe that Keith Bullock will lead the Titans to the SB?

We all understand that sometimes outstanding defensive teams can get to a SB without a top tier QB, but even these Titans wern't led by Bullock.

Teams can compete for a SB without a top tier QB, but they can not compete year in and year out without a top tier QB.

The Titans had the best chance of competing when their franchise QB went down.

Mecca

That sums up exactly what I think.

chiefforlife
02-25-2009, 10:39 AM

I do understand what you are saying and I want that also.
The Titans drafted Vince Young for that very purpose, the guy that got them there was Kerry Collins.
I am not convinced a junior QB coming out early is what we should hang our hats on.

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 10:39 AM

Who was that franchise QB?

You can't mean that dumb**** from Texas whom most on this board knew would be a mistake to draft?

Shocking that a running QB didn't make a smooth transition to the NFL. Wait, was he being asked to do things he'd never done before?

Chiefnj2
02-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Who was that franchise QB?

You can't mean that dumb**** from Texas whom most on this board knew would be a mistake to draft?

Shocking that a running QB didn't make a smooth transition to the NFL. Wait, was he being asked to do things he'd never done before?

They didn't draft him to be their franchise QB? Yes, or no?

milkman
02-25-2009, 10:42 AM
this is how i came to have a -5215 rep score

i can live it with, just want you to be warned ;)

I haven't neg repped your dumb ass but I can guarantee you this is not how you came to have that rep.

Mecca
02-25-2009, 10:42 AM
The Titans don't get excused for being stupid enough to draft a dumbass from a spread offense that throws the ball like a shotput.

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 10:43 AM
They didn't draft him to be their franchise QB? Yes, or no?

Yes, and they were ****ing stupid.

Teams make stupid decisions all the time and try to turn players into something they're not because "they're such great athletes."

This has no bearing on a Stafford/Sanchez discussion, though. Comparing either to Young is worse than bringing Leaf into the argument.

Mecca
02-25-2009, 10:44 AM
This is where the argument goes to shit "well they drafted a QB" so fucking what, no one who wants the Chiefs to take a QB wants them to take one just to take one.

I'd never in a million years draft Vince Young, Kyle Boller, Joe Flacco or any fucker from a spread offense for that matter.

It's called making an educated risk not just picking one to fucking pick one.

milkman
02-25-2009, 10:44 AM

The draft is a crap shoot.

They made a bad choice, but that doesn't negate the fact that teams that have the best QBs have the best chance to compete consistently, and the best chance to find those QBs is early in the draft.

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 10:46 AM
This is where the argument goes to shit "well they drafted a QB" so ****ing what, no one who wants the Chiefs to take a QB wants them to take one just to take one.

I'd never in a million years draft Vince Young, Kyle Boller, Joe Flacco or any ****er from a spread offense for that matter.

It's called making an educated risk not just picking one to ****ing pick one.

But wait, the gang of 14 is QB at all costs!

Educated risk, educated guess if you want to be more negative. This is the draft.

You want to draft Mr. 6 Wonderlic, you get what you deserve.

Mecca
02-25-2009, 10:47 AM
But wait, the gang of 14 is QB at all costs!

Educated risk, educated guess if you want to be more negative. This is the draft.

You want to draft Mr. 6 Wonderlic, you get what you deserve.

Anyone that looked at Vince Young and thought he'd be awesome in the NFL should be kicked in the head.

Reerun_KC
02-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Anyone that looked at Vince Young and thought he'd be awesome in the NFL should be kicked in the head.

Same with Freeman...

chiefforlife
02-25-2009, 10:48 AM
The beauty of the whole situation is that I finally trust the guy making this decision. If he thinks Sanchez or Stafford is the right guy, I am good with it. If he thinks Cassel is worth trading for, Im good with it.

I simply liked the idea of getting Curry and Cassel and how much it would instantly improve our team on both sides of the ball. We can then take a good pass rusher in the third round also.

Mecca
02-25-2009, 10:49 AM
The beauty of the whole situation is that I finally trust the guy making this decision. If he thinks Sanchez or Stafford is the right guy, I am good with it. If he thinks Cassel is worth trading for, Im good with it.

I simply liked the idea of getting Curry and Cassel and how much it would instantly improve our team on both sides of the ball. We can then take a good pass rusher in the third round also.

There aren't even good pass rushers in the 1st round...

And really stop thinking about how much better you want us to be next year, this team should be thinking about 3 years from now.

chiefforlife
02-25-2009, 10:53 AM
There aren't even good pass rushers in the 1st round...

And really stop thinking about how much better you want us to be next year, this team should be thinking about 3 years from now.

This team should be thinking about both. As much improvement as possible, each year.
There are many good players in the third round, its not like good players are only in the first round.

svuba
02-25-2009, 10:53 AM
What it all boils down to is the probability that stafford or sanchez will be elite level NFL QB's.

There is ample reason to believe that either may be a total bust. QB is the biggest crapshoot in all of NFL drafting.

That is why many people on this board would prefer to take curry, the probability that he will be a pro-bowler is much higher than either of the QB's

However IF we pick the QB, and the QB turns into a pro-bowler, then you are contending for titles year after year.

Basically you have to bet big to win big!
Curry is a safe bet- the odds-on favorite with a relatively low payout

Sanchez is the Trifecta - - Big payday if we hit, but higher probability of loosing it all

The chiefs can only make one selection at number 3, so we will see just what kind of gamblers this new regime is very soon. if it is up to Haley I would say we are going for the trifecta, but pioli is probably a little more prudent. we shall see.;)

beach tribe
02-25-2009, 10:55 AM

Did he Fax that to you?
Carl would have never let it happen. If you think he would you're fooling yourself.

MOhillbilly
02-25-2009, 10:57 AM

They made a bad choice, but that doesn't negate the fact that teams that have the best QBs have the best chance to compete consistently, and the best chance to find those QBs is early in the draft.

i get the feeling VY will be back. he may sit another 1/2 season or so.

Pioli Zombie
02-25-2009, 10:59 AM
This is where the argument goes to shit "well they drafted a QB" so ****ing what, no one who wants the Chiefs to take a QB wants them to take one just to take one.

I'd never in a million years draft Vince Young, Kyle Boller, Joe Flacco or any ****er from a spread offense for that matter.

It's called making an educated risk not just picking one to ****ing pick one.

Whoa. clarification time.

Mecca, you wouldnt draft Joe Flacco?

Mecca
02-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Whoa. clarification time.

Mecca, you wouldnt draft Joe Flacco?

No I wouldn't of, he was considered a 3rd round pick until he worked out, QB's that rise in workouts are red flag getters in my view, that position is more about what you did playing than if you can throw it 50 yards from your knee threw a goal post.

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 11:01 AM
Did he Fax that to you?
Carl would have never let it happen. If you think he would you're fooling yourself.

Well, I'm repeating the story that Petro tells about the draft.

Vermeil and Carl were two fucking dipshits. Remember Grandpa is the same one who stormed out after the Larry Johnson selection and said that he wanted to take Tyler Brayton. DV wasn't exactly a locked vault when it came to hiding secrets.

So I don't think it's that improbable to think that he might have had his pants down at another draft day news conference.

Petro swears by it. You don't want to believe him, fine.

milkman
02-25-2009, 11:01 AM
i get the feeling VY will be back. he may sit another 1/2 season or so.

I woudn't be surprised to find you are right.
I also wouldn't be surprised if he never learns to play QB on the NFL level.

Mr. Laz
02-25-2009, 11:02 AM
as soon as i saw the title i knew this thread was gonna get ugly

milkman
02-25-2009, 11:03 AM

You think this is ugly?

Mr. Laz
02-25-2009, 11:05 AM
You think this is ugly?
i think you and this thread are both ugly

beach tribe
Well, I'm repeating the story that Petro tells about the draft.

Vermeil and Carl were two ****ing dipshits. Remember Grandpa is the same one who stormed out after the Larry Johnson selection and said that he wanted to take Tyler Brayton. DV wasn't exactly a locked vault when it came to hiding secrets.

So I don't think it's that improbable to think that he might have had his pants down at another draft day news conference.

Petro swears by it. You don't want to believe him, fine.

I believe it. I'm just 100% certain that it would never have happened.

chiefforlife

I knew it would be a risky thread but I really like hearing these guys input. I appreciate the people who can intelligently converse about the Chiefs.
There are some great posters here.

MOhillbilly
I woudn't be surprised to find you are right.
I also wouldn't be surprised if he never learns to play QB on the NFL level.

people said the same about McNair when he came outta Alcorn St. granted he sat 3 years.

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 11:06 AM
I believe it. I'm just 100% certain that it would never have happened.

You mean the actual selection when it came time to nut up?

Well, yeah, you may be right there.

DaKCMan AP
02-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Cassel has just as much potential as Stafford or Sanchez at this point. We could have Curry and Cassel.

LMAO ROFL ROFL ROFL LMAO

Please stick to the CFL, maybe you know something a-boot that.

beach tribe
02-25-2009, 11:08 AM

Ugly? It's all just dumb, and funny at this point. I mean, How many time can you repeat the same shit over, and over, and over.

"Curry's a coverage backer", "Sanchez is not experienced" Blah, Blah.

I like how everyone thinks that if they explain their stance ONE MORE TIME the other party will see it their way. Give me a break. I can't wait to see what Pioli does.

Mecca
02-25-2009, 11:09 AM
Ugly? It's all just dumb, and funny at this point. I mean, How many time can you repeat the same shit over, and over, and over.

"Curry's a coverage backer", "Sanchez is not experienced" Blah, Blah.

I like how everyone thinks that if they explain their stance ONE MORE TIME the other party will see it their way. Give me a break. I can't wait to see what Pioli does.

Well it worked on Frankie.

milkman
02-25-2009, 11:09 AM

You're just hiding your mancrush on me, aren't you?

ChiefRon
02-25-2009, 11:10 AM
This does not sound like a reach to me:

Mark Sanchez, USC

Personality personified, Mark Sanchez worked the media room with his contagious charisma and showed his competiveness by performing in every drill the Combine had to offer. Sanchez displayed his athleticism and ran a respectable 4.87 in the 40. He was the smoothest quarterback in his drop back. He set up quickly and high, displayed good mechanics, delivered the ball with touch, and hit receivers in stride on intermediate routes and deep patterns. With Sanchez stepping up and working out at the Combine, Georgia’s Matthew Stafford, who elected not to throw in Indianapolis, will have a lot of pressure to perform well at his Pro Day.

Change In Rank: Sanchez is still the top rated QB in Scout.com’s NFL Draft Rankings.

beach tribe
You mean the actual selection when it came time to nut up?

Well, yeah, you may be right there.

Yeah, that's all I was saying to begin with. I don't really care what Vermiel's board said. Carl Peterson wasn't picking a short, smart QB. Especially in the first. He likes em tall, and dumb, and from FA.

crazycoffey

There happens to be alot of this going on now days anyway.
just saying.....

milkman
02-25-2009, 11:12 AM
people said the same about McNair when he came outta Alcorn St. granted he sat 3 years.

I think that we learned that McNair was a pretty smart kid as we got to learn about him.

The Titans did it the right way with him.

They believed he had the talent and the ability, but they took the time to let him learn.

But Vince Young is a freakin' moron attempting to play the most cerebral position in sports.

Really a bad call.

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Yeah, that's all I was saying to begin with. I don't really care what Vermiel's board said. Carl Peterson wasn't picking a short, smart QB. Especially in the first. He likes em tall, and dumb, and from FA.

Yeah, my mistake. Misunderstood your post.

No doubt that's classic Carl. We know that all too well.

Mecca
02-25-2009, 11:13 AM
There happens to be alot of this going on now days anyway.
just saying.....

And that is not very smart...

beach tribe
02-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Well it worked on Frankie.

Franke is the ONLY example. And the Jedi mind trick works on him every time.

"Watch this I can make Frankie poke himself in the eye."

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 11:21 AM
Franke is the ONLY example. And the Jedi mind trick works on him every time.

"Watch this I can make Frankie poke himself in the eye."

HemiEd switched, and he seems to be a cool guy.

However he's a casual college football fan, I think.

ChiefsCountry
And just think how good Tennessee would be if they listened to Fisher, there is a reason Reese isnt their no more. Fisher wanted Cutler.

ChiefsCountry
HemiEd switched, and he seems to be a cool guy.

However he's a casual college football fan, I think.

DCS switched as well, when he first came he was anti QB in the first.

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 11:24 AM

I didn't know that.

Now he's arguably the most rabid Sanchez supporter on the board.

Chief Faithful
02-25-2009, 11:25 AM
Cassel just signed a $14+M tender for one year. $14M + a second round pick for a guy I see as another Steve Bono is a lot. If Pioli goes for it he had better be right.

Dave Lane
LMAO

I'm seriously debating whether or not to just hand out neg-rep on principal every time I see this shit.

Maybe if everyone did it in unison we could see who the "true fans" are the red rep true fans!!

crazycoffey
And that is not very smart...

I'm saying with the amount of spread in college it's part of the process now, Gruden was just talking about it the other day during combine stuff.

saying you'll never draft a spread QB means you seriously limit your choices. It's like saying you'll only date blondes, you miss out on so many beautiful women and I know they all can be crazy bitches, but it doesn't matter what color thier hair is. It matters more what they've done all thier lives, if they had a daddy that loved them, lifestyle, etc. You can find a good one out there but you'd be better off finding out about the way they were raised, good/bad habbits, family - not what color thier hair is.....

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 11:27 AM
I'm saying with the amount of spread in college it's part of the process now, Gruden was just talking about it the other day during combine stuff.

saying you'll never draft a spread QB means you seriously limit your choices. It's like saying you'll only date blondes, you miss out on so many beautiful women and I know they all can be crazy bitches, but it doesn't matter what color thier hair is. It matters more what they've done all thier lives, if they had a daddy that loved them, lifestyle, etc. You can find a good one out there but you'd be better off finding out about the way they were raised, good/bad habbits, family - not what color thier hair is.....

I'm not convinced that this analogy works at all, but I still like it.

crazycoffey
02-25-2009, 11:28 AM
I like all the options we have as much as I can right now. I don't think any of them are safe bets, but I hope Pioli knows what he's doing.

keg in kc
02-25-2009, 11:29 AM
You're just hiding your mancrush on me, aren't you?He wants to have your raiderbabies.

crazycoffey
02-25-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm not convinced that this analogy works at all, but I still like it.

thank you, it's the irish coffee. breakfast of champs....

crazycoffey
02-25-2009, 11:32 AM

he may be a fine guy in real life, but he's never struck me as the most mentally stable by the sides of the battles he chooses

milkman
02-25-2009, 11:38 AM
Cassel just signed a $14+M tender for one year. $14M + a second round pick for a guy I see as another Steve Bono is a lot. If Pioli goes for it he had better be right.

If Pioli traded for him, he would negotiate a new 4 or 5 year contract.

Cassel won't get 14 mil.

crazycoffey
02-25-2009, 11:41 AM

Cassel won't get 14 mil.

why would cassel agree to that?
just asking, don't make me dodge lightning....

chiefforlife
02-25-2009, 11:42 AM
I didnt start this thread to convince anyone about whether we should take a QB in the first round or not. Its simply an alternate plan that has some decent payoff. I appreciate those who can discuss it without all the name calling and put downs.

SenselessChiefsFan
02-25-2009, 11:43 AM
The point is, a LB unless a 3-4 pass rusher is a complimentary player you do not build your team around complimentary players.

That's why this team hasn't won shit all its best players have been complimentary players, TE, RG etc.

Ray Lewis isn't a complimentary player.

milkman
02-25-2009, 11:49 AM
why would cassel agree to that?
just asking, don't make me dodge lightning....

No team is going to trade for him unless he's willing to negotiate a contrat.

He would negotiate in order to go to a team to start.

A trade won't be finalized until he has a new deal in place.

RustShack
02-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Ray Lewis isn't a complimentary player.

Hes also a MLB in a 4-3 where Curry would be an OLB. Lewis hasn't led the Ravens to the Super Bowl since hes been in a 3-4 either.

ncCHIEFfan
02-25-2009, 12:03 PM
My 2 cents: There is only 1 QB we should consider in the first round and sorry Mecca it's not Sanchez. I cannot believe you are saying Cassel (whom I am no fan of but atleast he was competing against NFL defences) was a 1 year wounder and you are trying to sell a 1 year college QB. Dude only a desperate team will take Sanchez in the first round, period.

If Stafford (whos talent level should be drafted between 10-15) is gone at #3, a team that has won very few games in 2years drafts the best player available and that player will probably be Curry.

Hootie
02-25-2009, 12:07 PM
6-10
8-8
13-3
7-9
10-6

1 Playoff appearance
0 Wins.

I don't know about taking Brees with the #12...was that really being talked about?

Either way...I don't think the #12 for Trent was a failure...it was a decent use of the pick...it really wasn't the #12 picks fault that the Chiefs couldn't play defense...Trent knew Vermeil's system and lead the most prolific offense in the NFL for a 3 year stretch...

I'd trade the #12 pick for that every time...I mean, yes I'd take Brees in a heartbeat...but we could have 5 years of Trent at #12 or 5 years of Derrick Johnson at #15...who are you taking?

ncCHIEFfan
02-25-2009, 12:08 PM
I would be pleased if we brought in the veteran QB that Tampa released. I believe we are reaching if we draft a QB at #3

crazycoffey
02-25-2009, 12:10 PM
No team is going to trade for him unless he's willing to negotiate a contrat.

He would negotiate in order to go to a team to start.

A trade won't be finalized until he has a new deal in place.

yes, but he COULD refuse to renegotiate and he rides the pine in NE a very well paid backup, right?

If NE makes the trade worthy, and cassel is willing to restructure, then it speaks volumes to pioli's pull in NE and cassel's character. I would respect all involved if that happens. I don't see it, but I can be wrong. Cassel, to me, has more upside than stafford or sanchez because he has taken an NFL snap. Albeit on a very strong team....

Hootie
02-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Here's a question I'll ask the draft gurus...

What if the Chiefs take Curry at #3...

And then as Sanchez is falling past San Fran at #10...they move their 2nd and 3rd round picks plus a 2nd in 2009 for Sanchez in the #15-#19 range...

Curry and Sanchez...

Would that make you...

A) Happy...didn't like Curry over Sanchez but we got them both, and even though Curry is a reach at #3 he will probably win DPOY and we'll get over it...

or

B) We should've just taken Sanchez at #3, saved our picks, and drafted BPA #34 overall!

or

C) Meh. I'm happy with Sanchez but will always be displeased with taking a cover LB #3 overall regardless of whether or not Curry is HOF bound...

Reaper16
02-25-2009, 12:16 PM

And then as Sanchez is falling past San Fran at #10...they move their 2nd and 3rd round picks plus a 2nd in 2009 for Sanchez in the #15-#19 range...

Curry and Sanchez...

Would that make you...

A) Happy...didn't like Curry over Sanchez but we got them both, and even though Curry is a reach at #3 he will probably win DPOY and we'll get over it...

or

B) We should've just taken Sanchez at #3, saved our picks, and drafted BPA #34 overall!

or

C) Meh. I'm happy with Sanchez but will always be displeased with taking a cover LB #3 overall regardless of whether or not Curry is HOF bound...
As long as we're playing Madden, let's trade LJ for an additional 1st rounder! Thiggy for a 2nd!

Frosty
02-25-2009, 12:17 PM

Curry and Sanchez...

Would that make you...

No. Take Sanchez at 3 and draft someone like Sintim in the 2nd and keep those picks. The drop off isn't that great.

Chieftain58
02-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Trade for Randy Moss not Cassel

DeezNutz
02-25-2009, 12:18 PM
No. Take Sanchez at 3 and draft someone like Sintim in the 2nd and keep those picks. The drop off isn't that great.

This.

Hootie
02-25-2009, 12:18 PM
As long as we're playing Madden, let's trade LJ for an additional 1st rounder! Thigpen for a 2nd!

Hey moron...how is this 'playing Madden'?

Fuck yourself.

The Browns did the same fucking thing a few years ago when they passed on Quinn for Joe Thomas and then traded back up and took Quinn in the first round...

So suck a dick.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2009, 12:19 PM
I think we can move him to corner, too. /Carl/

LMAO

:banghead: MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP!

ChiefRon

Curry and Sanchez...

Would that make you...

or

or

No thanks, I'll take B

ChiefRon
This.

I second this.

RustShack
02-25-2009, 12:22 PM
I second this.

This and That.

Reaper16
02-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Hey moron...how is this 'playing Madden'?

Fuck yourself.

The Browns did the same fucking thing a few years ago when they passed on Quinn for Joe Thomas and then traded back up and took Quinn in the first round...

So suck a dick.
Yeah, for a second rounder in the same draft and a 1st rounder in the following draft. And that was for #22 overall.

Just Passin' By
02-25-2009, 12:27 PM

I watched Total Acess last night and saw that as well. I would have to agree with him 100%.

It's a stupid argument. How did drafting Joey Harrington work out for them? How about Andre Ware?

The problem with arguments like Woodson's is that history has a way of proving them to be idiotic.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2009, 12:28 PM
D) We take Sanchez or Stafford at 3rd overall, and anyone who has a problem with it we take down to the docks and trade their sorry asses for a crate of bananas.

ChiefRon
02-25-2009, 12:30 PM
It's a stupid argument. How did drafting Joey Harrington work out for them? How about Andre Ware?

The problem with arguments like Woodson's is that history has a way of proving them to be idiotic.

So, who's the last successful QB that was traded from one team to another?

SenselessChiefsFan

I know that there are a few people against Sancez because they believe we can get to the Super Bowl with a 'game manager' at QB.

But, I really think that 'most' of the guys in here that don't want Sanchez don't believe in Sanchez.

Now, if you don't believe in a guy, you don't advocate taking him just because he plays the most important position.

jidar

There is a top 5-8 nfl quarterback in the draft?

Reaper16
02-25-2009, 12:32 PM
Fucking potentially, in the estimation of the gang-of-14-plus-some-more. Yeah.

milkman
02-25-2009, 12:34 PM
I would be pleased if we brought in the veteran QB that Tampa released. I believe we are reaching if we draft a QB at #3

It might help your credibility if you actually knew the name of that QB that Tampa released, but I doubt it.

HFP!
(Holy Fucking Pioli)

You'd rather have that weak armed, on his last legs, released Tampa QB than Sanchez?

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2009, 12:35 PM

MAKE IT STOP!:banghead::deevee: MAKE IT STOP!:banghead::deevee:MAKE IT STOP!:banghead::deevee:

ChiefRon
02-25-2009, 12:36 PM
This is just madness. Seriously.

You would think getting our ass kicked by the young QBs in our division would wake up some of our fans into realizing, "Wow, maybe this QB position is important" and "Yeah, when you hit on drafting an high-round QB it can make all the difference"

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-25-2009, 12:36 PM

Matt Stafford has the physical skillset to be the best quarterback in the NFL in 3-4 years.

Mark Sanchez has physical skillset to be a perennial pro bowler at QB.

So, yeah.

Chiefnj2
02-25-2009, 12:39 PM

Probably Trent Green.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2009, 12:40 PM

This is just madness. Seriously.

You would think getting our ass kicked by the young QBs in our division would wake up some of our fans into realizing, "Wow, maybe this QB position is important" and "Yeah, when you hit on drafting an high-round QB it can make all the difference"

Yeah, it's like Denver, San Diego, and even lowly Oakland are a bunch of dumbshits, but the CHIEFS GOT THE WINNING PLAN, BABY! WE WON TWO GAMES, BABY! :whackit:

:banghead:

ChiefRon
02-25-2009, 12:41 PM
Probably Trent Green.

I would say Joe Montana, because he actually advanced in the playoffs.

Who else?

History is actually on Woodson's side on this one...

Chief Faithful
02-25-2009, 12:44 PM

Cassel won't get 14 mil.

Maybe not as a one year salary, but he will get it some way most likely built into the signing bonus. After being tagged he will not come cheap.

To me he looks more like Steve Bono than Tom Brady.

MadMax
02-25-2009, 12:44 PM
OK, here it is. #3 pick overall goes to Curry. Trade our second rounder to Pats for Cassel. Instant starter, instant improvement on Offense and Defense.
I am sure to get killed by some of you but think about it...We would be so much better than last year, I think we could seriously compete for the division is one offseason.

JFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shake:

milkman
02-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Maybe not as a one year salary, but he will get it some way most likely built into the signing bonus. After being tagged he will not come cheap.

To me he looks more like Steve Bono than Tom Brady.

Oh yeah, he's going to get paid, and I'm on your side in this.

I see Steve Bono also.

Just pointing out that he'll get a new contract, and it won't account for 14 mil against the cap.

Hootie
02-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah, for a second rounder in the same draft and a 1st rounder in the following draft. And that was for #22 overall.

Two 2nd's and a 3rd isn't that far off from a 1st and 2nd...either way, it was a simple question...I know the cool thing around here is to be a condescending asshole but you're simply not very good at it.

svuba
02-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Probably Trent Green.

How about Chad pennington last year with the dolphins

Just Passin' By
02-25-2009, 12:59 PM

It depends on how you define success and what your parameters are for the word "trade". Favre (trade 1) was clearly successful. Manning and Rivers were traded post-draft. Bledsoe took Buffalo from 3-13 to 8-8 even with lousy drafting and coaching surrounding him. Was Montana successful? Kurt Warner was traded and didn't pan out in New York, but has panned out in Arizona. Matt Schaub has been pretty good when healthy. Brad Johnson won a Super Bowl with the Bucs. Matt Hasselbeck took the Seahawks to the Super Bowl.

Woodson's argument was terrible, probably because he didn't take the time to actually think it out.

Hootie
02-25-2009, 01:00 PM
How about Chad pennington last year with the dolphins

was acquired via free agency...wasn't traded...he was cut.

milkman
02-25-2009, 01:02 PM
It depends on how you define success and what your parameters are for the word "trade". Favre (trade 1) was clearly successful. Manning and Rivers were traded post-draft. Bledsoe took Buffalo from 3-13 to 8-8 even with lousy drafting and coaching surrounding him. Was Montana successful? Kurt Warner was traded and didn't pan out in New York, but has panned out in Arizona. Matt Schaub has been pretty good when healthy. Brad Johnson won a Super Bowl with the Bucs. Matt Hasselbeck took the Seahawks to the Super Bowl.

Woodson's argument was terrible, probably because he didn't take the time to actually think it out.

The Favre trade was successful?

Just Passin' By
02-25-2009, 01:07 PM
The Favre trade was successful?

The Packers won a Super Bowl. That's not successful enough for you?

ChiefRon

How many of these were trades? I honestly don't remember.

I define success as being successful in the post-season.

Rivers/Manning - happened before either took a snap, I don't count that.

I thought Warner, Johnson were FAs
No playoffs for Favre / Shaub / Bledsoe

I'll give you Hasselbeck, Montana

ChiefRon
The Packers won a Super Bowl. That's not successful enough for you?

WTF?

doomy3
02-25-2009, 01:10 PM
WTF?

What's the question? Did they not?

Just Passin' By
02-25-2009, 01:10 PM
WTF?

Favre was traded from Atlanta to the Packers

Hootie
02-25-2009, 01:11 PM
WTF?

he was traded from Atlanta to Green Bay...obviously the Jets trade wasn't a success...

Just Passin' By
02-25-2009, 01:13 PM
How many of these were trades? I honestly don't remember.

I define success as being successful in the post-season.

Rivers/Manning - happened before either took a snap, I don't count that.

I thought Warner, Johnson were FAs
No playoffs for Favre / Shaub / Bledsoe

I'll give you Hasselbeck, Montana

Using that argument, Carson Palmer is a bust.

ChiefRon
02-25-2009, 01:16 PM
he was traded from Atlanta to Green Bay...obviously the Jets trade wasn't a success...

Ok, got ya. I thought you meant from Packers to Jets...

That makes 3 in last successful ones in last 15 years. Now compare that to how many 1st round QBs had success in playoffs in that time span...

Like I said, history is on Woodson's side in this.

I'm not saying Cassel will/won't have success, but if you look at history, may as well take your chances with the draft pick, groom the guy while you build your team, QB is hitting his prime by the time you assemble the pieces.

Now if we were the Vikings, you might could convince me for the trade, all the other pieces are (potentially) already in place

Just Passin' By
02-25-2009, 01:18 PM

That makes 3 in last successful ones in last 15 years. Now compare that to how many 1st round QBs had success in playoffs in that time span...

I'm not saying Cassel will/won't have success, but if you look at history, may as well take your chances with the draft pick, groom the guy while you build your team, QB is hitting his prime by the time you assemble the pieces.

Now if we were the Vikings, you might could convince me for the trade, all the other pieces are (potentially) already in place

Ok, your numbers are wrong and you're extrapolating from those wrong numbers. You're also cheating by defining "success" in a patently unfair manner.

ChiefRon
02-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Ok, your numbers are wrong and you're extrapolating from those wrong numbers. You're also cheating by defining "success" in a patently unfair manner.

Fair enough, I don't have time to research all of the data, I was just using the numbers from the names you provided.

I honestly couldn't remember the last time a team traded for a QB, and that resulted in success (defined by winning in the playoffs)

But I disagree with the statement that history is not on his side in his argument

Let me ask you this: you would rather trade for a QB, even if it ultimately would not mean success in the post-season?

Just Passin' By
02-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Fair enough, I don't have time to research all of the data, I was just using the numbers from the names you provided.

I honestly couldn't remember the last time a team traded for a QB, and that resulted in success (defined by winning in the playoffs)

But I disagree with the statement that history is not on his side in his argument

Let me ask you this: you would rather trade for a QB, even if it ultimately would not mean success in the post-season?

No, because I don't view these things in a vacuum. I'd make the necessary moves to get the player I was most confident about. If that means trading for Matt Cassel or Joe the plumber, I'd do that. If it means drafting Stafford, Sanchez or the ghost of George Washington, I'd do that. If it means signing Chris Simms or Phil Simms as a free agent, I'd do that.

I'd get the player I thought gave me the best chance of success, and I wouldn't define success solely by playoff victories.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2009, 01:47 PM
No, because I don't view these things in a vacuum. I'd make the necessary moves to get the player I was most confident about. If that means trading for Matt Cassel or Joe the plumber, I'd do that. If it means drafting Stafford, Sanchez or the ghost of George Washington, I'd do that. If it means signing Chris Simms or Phil Simms as a free agent, I'd do that.

I'd get the player I thought gave me the best chance of success, and I wouldn't define success solely by playoff victories.

And that, JPB, is the crux in it's larger than life entirety. Every argument you have posted in this matter has just gone right...down...the shitter.

http://p-userpic.livejournal.com/77521357/13554191
Good day to you, sir; I SAID GOOD DAY!

Chiefnj2
02-25-2009, 01:49 PM

Trading for a QB who brings the team a top 5 offense for 4 years isn't a success to you? It's not the QB's fault the defense failed.

Reaper16
02-25-2009, 01:50 PM
I know the cool thing around here is to be a condescending asshole but you're simply not very good at it.
Probably because I'm not one.

doomy3
02-25-2009, 02:01 PM

I'm not going to look through each playoff game for the last 15 years, but I can tell you that in the last 15 years, only 7 of the Super Bowl winning QBs were first round picks who were still playing for their original teams. So, less than half.

And of the Super Bowl losers for those 15 years, 4 QBs were first round picks playing for their original team.

So, of 30 Super Bowl QBs in the last 15 years, only 11 out of 30 were first round picks playing for their original team.

Just Passin' By
02-25-2009, 02:08 PM
And that, JPB, is the crux in it's larger than life entirety. Every argument you have posted in this matter has just gone right...down...the shitter.

http://p-userpic.livejournal.com/77521357/13554191
Good day to you, sir; I SAID GOOD DAY!

Only to the ignorant. And that the ignorant includes you comes as no surprise.

ChiefRon
02-25-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm not going to look through each playoff game for the last 15 years, but I can tell you that in the last 15 years, only 7 of the Super Bowl winning QBs were first round picks who were still playing for their original teams. So, less than half.

And of the Super Bowl losers for those 15 years, 4 QBs were first round picks playing for their original team.

So, of 30 Super Bowl QBs in the last 15 years, only 11 out of 30 were first round picks playing for their original team.

Once again, I'll go with the #s you provide, although I'm have no idea if they're correct.

But, 11 of last 30 SB won with 1st rd QB w/ original team

And, 1 of last 30 SB won with a QB that was traded.

So where would you place your bet?

doomy3
02-25-2009, 02:12 PM
Once again, I'll go with the #s you provide, although I'm have no idea if they're correct.

My numbers are correct. And again yours are not. 5 out of the last 15 SB winning QBs were not playing for their original teams. Almost as many as first rounders who were playing with their original teams:

Steve Young
Brett Favre
Trent Dilfer
Brad Johnson
Eli Manning

doomy3
02-25-2009, 02:14 PM

And as far as where I would place my bet, I would say that there is as good of a chance that we could win a Super Bowl with Cassel, QB drafted out of the first round, etc than one of the 2 QBs at the top of this draft. I would say it's a coin flip at best. Let's not ignore the overwhelming odds against a 16 start QB even being average in the NFL, although many would like to.

'Hamas' Jenkins
02-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Interesting Cut off point.
Going back to XX

4 Kelly
3 Aikman
2 Roethlisberger
2 Mannings
5 Elway
1 McNabb
1 Eason
1 Bledsoe
1 McMahon
1 Simms
1 McNair

22/48. 6 appearances from Brady and Montana combined, 2 from Warner, 2 from Favre

Tribal Warfare
02-25-2009, 02:23 PM
My numbers are correct. And again yours are not. 5 out of the last 15 SB winning QBs were not playing for their original teams. Almost as many as first rounders who were playing with their original teams:

Steve Young
Brett Favre
Trent Dilfer
Brad Johnson
Eli Manning

Steve Young was also the 1st overall pick, but originally decided to play in the USFL.

ChiefRon
02-25-2009, 02:23 PM

Steve Young
Brett Favre
Trent Dilfer
Brad Johnson
Eli Manning

And how many were aquired via trade?

doomy3
02-25-2009, 02:27 PM
And how many were aquired via trade?

4 out of those 5 were trades. Dilfer was the only FA.

doomy3
02-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Interesting Cut off point.
Going back to XX

4 Kelly
3 Aikman
2 Roethlisberger
2 Mannings
5 Elway
1 McNabb
1 Eason
1 Bledsoe
1 McMahon
1 Simms
1 McNair

22/48. 6 appearances from Brady and Montana combined, 2 from Warner, 2 from Favre

I didn't come up with the date. I was simply answering the question.

So for the last 15 years was 36% QBs drafted in the first round playing for their original team. Going back to XX it is at 45%

ChiefsCountry
02-25-2009, 02:28 PM
4 out of those 5 were trades. Dilfer was the only FA.

If you are including Eli in that group as a trade then you better throw Horseface in.

doomy3
02-25-2009, 02:32 PM
If you are including Eli in that group as a trade then you better throw Horseface in.

That's true. There are 5 more SB appearances from a trade, depending on what you view as a trade.

Frosty
02-25-2009, 02:41 PM

Okay, now I'm convinced. We need to trade for the #1 overall pick and pick a QB.

:D

HighChief
02-25-2009, 02:43 PM

I for one would say that a DT's impact on a game is just as much as a LBers. And we took one of those top 5 last year.

but yes i get your point.

ChiefRon
02-25-2009, 02:47 PM
That's true. There are 5 more SB appearances from a trade, depending on what you view as a trade.

Well this is pointless, since now we're twisting the definitions a little.

Steve Young
Brett Favre
Trent Dilfer
Brad Johnson
Eli Manning

These trades weren't made for high compensation, as the original argument alluded to.

Woodson's argument is instead of trading a high-draft pick for a QB (which hasn't historically worked out) you should draft and groom a potential franchise QB.

Regardless, maybe we could win a SB with Cassel, but I would prefer to draft a guy with potential, groom him for the long-term in our system while we build around him. The window is shorter with Cassel, and there are as many questions with him as there are with the 2 kids in the draft (was it the system? why did he never start? is he 1-year wonder? product of system? etc)

KC kid
02-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Look, anyone that says getting Cassel is just like Carl obviously is wrong and has an agenda. Carl spent a huge price to go get Trent Green. . . way more than I would guess we will spend on Cassel. Most could even argue that Cassel has more game experience than Green did.

Bono was 32 when he became a Chief.
Montana was 36.
Green was 32.
Grbac was 27, so he is more comparable to Cassel than anyone (terrifying I know).

Cassel is 26. He is a young guy and could play QB for the team for ten years. . . unlike every other QB we picked up with the exception of grbac.

doomy3
02-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Well this is pointless, since now we're twisting the definitions a little.

Steve Young
Brett Favre
Trent Dilfer
Brad Johnson
Eli Manning

These trades weren't made for high compensation, as the original argument alluded to.

Woodson's argument is instead of trading a high-draft pick for a QB (which hasn't historically worked out) you should draft and groom a potential franchise QB.

Regardless, maybe we could win a SB with Cassel, but I would prefer to draft a guy with potential, groom him for the long-term in our system while we build around him. The window is shorter with Cassel, and there are as many questions with him as there are with the 2 kids in the draft (was it the system? why did he never start? is he 1-year wonder? product of system? etc)

:spock:

They weren't traded for high picks? Eli was most definitely. Steve Young was traded for a second and a fourth. Favre was traded for a first.

Sorry, your argument just doesn't add up when you actually look at facts.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Trading for a QB who brings the team a top 5 offense for 4 years isn't a success to you? It's not the QB's fault the defense failed.

WRONG! You do NOT get that! The times that Pigpen was asked to step up and deliver in clutch situations?

FAIL!

AND FAIL AGAIN!

Winning games goes three ways, buddy.

ChiefRon
02-25-2009, 02:59 PM
:spock:

They weren't traded for high picks? Eli was most definitely. Steve Young was traded for a second and a fourth. Favre was traded for a first.

Sorry, your argument just doesn't add up when you actually look at facts.

I already said I don't count the Eli "trade" - Eli forced that issue.

The Steve Young trade? They already had a franchise QB, they weren't doing it to "hand over the reins" they were doing it looking to the future (not the situation that is being argued) - and you could kind of say the same thing for Favre.

The question is: if you're the Lions (which also applies to us, a "rebuilding" team) or a team in that situation, do you trade a high-draft pick for a 1 year wonder QB or do you draft one?

I refer you to Scott Mitchell

Just Passin' By
02-25-2009, 03:01 PM

The Steve Young trade? They already had a franchise QB, they weren't doing it to "hand over the reins" they were doing it looking to the future (not the situation that is being argued) - and you could kind of say the same thing for Favre.

The question is: if you're the Lions (which also applies to us, a "rebuilding" team) or a team in that situation, do you trade a high-draft pick for a 1 year wonder QB or do you draft one?

When you constantly change the debate because you're losing, what are you really accomplishing? And, again, I refer you to Joey Harrington and Andre Ware.

doomy3
02-25-2009, 03:05 PM

Well it all comes down to if the GM really thinks one of the QBs in this draft is worthy of that selection. If the Chiefs or Lions make any sort of a trade for a guy like Cassel, then I think that answers your question because if they did believe one of those guys are legit top QBs, then of course you don'e make the trade. You take the young, franchise QB. But if they make that move, its pretty obvious how they evaluated Sanchez and Stafford.

ChiefRon
02-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Well it all comes down to if the GM really thinks one of the QBs in this draft is worthy of that selection. If the Chiefs or Lions make any sort of a trade for a guy like Cassel, then I think that answers your question because if they did believe one of those guys are legit top QBs, then of course you don'e make the trade. You take the young, franchise QB. But if they make that move, its pretty obvious how they evaluated Sanchez and Stafford.

Well that's part of the fun. They'll do what they think best, and we get to debate what we'd do. The cool part is we get to see what their decisions result in, but not our. :)

Based on the games I saw, I would take Sanchez. But I'm at a sever disadvantage. I saw some Cassel games, but not all of them. And I only saw Stafford in the bowl game. So obviously, if this were my profession, I could make a much more informed decision.

But if I had to base it on the history of trading a high draft pick for a 1 year wonder or draft a kid and groom him, I'd take the potential franchise QB.

Are you in favor of trading for Cassel? If so, how much would you give for him? If not, where do you get the QB for us this year?

Chiefnj2
02-25-2009, 03:31 PM
WRONG! You do NOT get that! The times that Pigpen was asked to step up and deliver in clutch situations?

FAIL!

AND FAIL AGAIN!

Winning games goes three ways, buddy.

I'm talking about Trent Green, not Thigpen you idiot. You fail at reading. You fail at life. If you died nobody would miss you except for the little Laotian boy you keep as a sex slave and your 39 cats.

doomy3
02-25-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm talking about Trent Green, not Thigpen you idiot. You fail at reading. You fail at life. If you died nobody would miss you except for the little Laotian boy you keep as a sex slave and your 39 cats.

QFT.

doomy3
02-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Well that's part of the fun. They'll do what they think best, and we get to debate what we'd do. The cool part is we get to see what their decisions result in, but not our. :)

Based on the games I saw, I would take Sanchez. But I'm at a sever disadvantage. I saw some Cassel games, but not all of them. And I only saw Stafford in the bowl game. So obviously, if this were my profession, I could make a much more informed decision.

But if I had to base it on the history of trading a high draft pick for a 1 year wonder or draft a kid and groom him, I'd take the potential franchise QB.

Are you in favor of trading for Cassel? If so, how much would you give for him? If not, where do you get the QB for us this year?

Eh, not really. I basically just default on Cassel to Pioli. He obviously knows Cassel probably better than anyone in the NFL other than Belichick. If he feels like he is a better prospect than Sanchez, who will probably be the only choice, then I'm good with that. They could decide that Thigpen can be the answer too. I know that sounds crazy, but so did Kurt Warner and Tom Brady, so who knows. By the way, I am not comparing Thigpen to those guys, just saying that crazy things have happened before. If they draft Sanchez or Stafford, then I am on board with that 100%, but if they don't feel that one of those guys is worth the pick and they want to make some kind of trade for Cassel, I am alright with that too. As long as it isn't the #3 straight up. If they want to give Thigpen another year and build around him, I'm alright with that too. If I was 100% sold on Sanchez, then it would be a different story, but history is pretty overwhelming against him succeeding. This may be the most important pick in the history of the Chiefs, and we can't miss on it.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2009, 03:54 PM

I do apologize. By all means; PLEASE continue your ball wash regarding the most uninspiring, mouth-breather of a Chiefs QB since Steve Bono!

The floor is yours!!!!nlm

1ChiefsDan
02-25-2009, 05:51 PM

They made a bad choice, but that doesn't negate the fact that teams that have the best QBs have the best chance to compete consistently, and the best chance to find those QBs is early in the draft.I keep seeing this being repeated. I don't think anyone disagrees with the philosophy. I think some disagree that there is a QB worth drafting early in this draft.

Chiefnj2
02-25-2009, 06:07 PM
I do apologize. By all means; PLEASE continue your ball wash regarding the most uninspiring, mouth-breather of a Chiefs QB since Steve Bono!

The floor is yours!!!!nlm

Your stupidity is only surpassed by your ignorance. Thanks for proving once again that you make old posters like findthedr and voyager seem intelligent and well reasoned.

milkman
02-25-2009, 06:09 PM
I keep seeing this being repeated. I don't think anyone disagrees with the philosophy. I think some disagree that there is a QB worth drafting early in this draft.

That's an entirely different argument. which has already been argued in circles.

Those peole are entitled to thier wrong opinions.

Go Mizzou & Chiefs
02-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Not Cassel but maybe trade for Brady Quinn

milkman
02-25-2009, 07:12 PM

That's a great idea!

:doh!:

1ChiefsDan
02-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Matt Stafford has the physical skillset to be the best quarterback in the NFL in 3-4 years.

Mark Sanchez has physical skillset to be a perennial pro bowler at QB.

So, yeah.Seriously, why aren't you on an nfl payroll?

1ChiefsDan
02-25-2009, 07:57 PM
That's an entirely different argument. which has already been argued in circles.

Those peole are entitled to thier wrong opinions.ROFLROFLI swear - this has to be the best bb in the world. I think every nfl gm posts here.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Your stupidity is only surpassed by your ignorance. Thanks for proving once again that you make old posters like findthedr and voyager seem intelligent and well reasoned.

Eat fuck pie.

Mecca
02-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Seriously, why aren't you on an nfl payroll?

This is still the laziest argument that happens on this forum.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2009, 08:18 PM
This is still the laziest, stupidest, most fucking ignorant statement that is made on this forum.

FYP.:D

Red Dawg
02-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Curry can be an impact player at MLB. Ray Lewis. Jack Lambert, Dick Butkis, Urlacker ,Al Wilson and so on and so forth. DT was a LB. The list of LB's that can lead a defense and take a team to the next level is endless.

I will not accept that we should not Curry because he's an LB. That arguement is nuts. I bet the Steelers don't think taking Troy P in the first was nuts. Look at the way he impacts a game from the safety position.

KcFanInGA
02-25-2009, 08:50 PM
LMAO

AMEN!! You heard the man people. Mention Carl at your own risk now! He's gone people, let it go.

KcFanInGA
02-25-2009, 08:53 PM
I would have loved to pick up Haynesworth, but fuck that price tag. I couldnt catch a job in my city if it suicide dived into my bathroom while I was pushing the memory of Herm Edwards post game comments back to where they came from. And no, I am not one of those people who say these guys make too much money. They do, I just don't say it. Definately not interested in Cassell. Gut feeling. And not the one I get when I'm tryin to poop and it hurts so I stop, then my guts slam it on through the logjam anyway.

orange
02-25-2009, 09:23 PM

Those peole are entitled to thier wrong opinions.

Scott Pioli - he's gotten into your head.

1ChiefsDan
02-25-2009, 09:31 PM
This is still the laziest argument that happens on this forum.right - because you watch eleventy billion college games a year and break down all the film. You are the greatest draft guru there is, I seem to recall "It's my thing" being thrown around.

You are a loud, obnoxious blow hard. You know no more than any other fan - you just yell it louder and get a handfull, oops, the 14, to yell loud with you.

Get over yourself.

milkman
02-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Scott Pioli - he's gotten into your head.

I've been assimilated?

crazycoffey
02-25-2009, 09:34 PM

last years on the field performance is more important than pre-draft buzz for both of these guys. I'd rather draft sanchez or stafford than trade for quinn. Albeit the trade would hurt less than cassel would cost us.

Tribal Warfare
02-25-2009, 10:39 PM
This is still the laziest argument that happens on this forum.

I know, conviction with and confidence in ones saying must be a horrid thing when one has the information to back it up when it's formatted in a logical manner

MadMax
02-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Look, anyone that says getting Cassel is just like Carl obviously is wrong and has an agenda. Carl spent a huge price to go get Trent Green. . . way more than I would guess we will spend on Cassel. Most could even argue that Cassel has more game experience than Green did.

Bono was 32 when he became a Chief.
Montana was 36.
Green was 32.
Grbac was 27, so he is more comparable to Cassel than anyone (terrifying I know).

Cassel is 26. He is a young guy and could play QB for the team for ten years. . . unlike every other QB we picked up with the exception of grbac.

Blah! Enjoy your 10 years of absolute mediocrity. :shake: fuck Cassel!

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-25-2009, 11:42 PM
Blah! Enjoy your 10 years of absolute mediocrity. :shake: fuck Cassel!

:D To the kitty you listen! Save you it will!

Quesadilla Joe
02-26-2009, 12:14 AM

Please please let this happen, McDaniels knows all of his weaknesses!:evil:

Trading a second round pick for Cassel wouldn't be as bad as drafting a QB and it takes your team 4 years to figure out that he is a bust. At least you would get a sure thing at LB.

Reerun_KC
02-26-2009, 12:34 AM

Trading a second round pick for Cassel wouldn't be as bad as drafting a QB and it takes your team 4 years to figure out that he is a bust. At least you would get a sure thing at LB.

Who is a SURE thing?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-26-2009, 12:55 AM

Listen up you Donko sonofabitch, and you listen good!

The ONLY reason you're taking the field with McDaniels in 2009, is because that goddamned, white bread, fur-wearing Honky-Pimp owner of yours hit the panic-button when it became painfully clear that Scott Pioli was a real and snaggable candidate for Kansas City!

Oh yes! All that loyalty and support for ol' Rat Face McCheese-Eater went flyin' right out the motherfuckin' air-lock, so scared and impatient the overseer of your house was and is!
And he tried! Oh yes, he tried to lure Pioli to Denver. And do you know what Pioli said? He said, "Go outside, make a Rocky Mountain Snowball, and shove it right up your ass"!

Who the FUCK in their right mind would want to take over the Dungver Donkos with their head case, douchebag Quarterback?! Not Scott Pioli!

And seeing how Scott is the very best at what he does, he sent your owner a nice little Trojan Horse Appeasement Package in the form of McDaniels. Did I mention we know your shit now? Quite so.

You, the Chuckers, and the Jokeland Fakers each had a nice little run. That run is now over.

The AFC West is now the Kansas City Chiefs House; you're just paying the rent.

Reerun_KC
02-26-2009, 01:12 AM

Easy there dude, for the last 20 years, we have been kicked out for failing to pay up to the rest of the west...

Denver, SD and the Raiders have all foreclosed on our asses time and time again..... They have been contenders, we werent even pretenders...

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-26-2009, 01:15 AM
Easy there dude, for the last 20 years, we have been kicked out for failing to pay up to the rest of the west...

Denver, SD and the Raiders have all foreclosed on our asses time and time again..... They have been contenders, we werent even pretenders...

Blasphemer! :cuss:

Reerun_KC
02-26-2009, 01:18 AM
Blasphemer! :cuss:
Just calling it how I see it... I was ashamed to be a Chiefs fan when Marty was here, embarrased by Carl time and time again... Herm lead us no where and DV Cried...

I am so thankful we are going to finally, FINALLY build something special. Clark, Pioli and Co have given this franchise whom spent 20 years in a coma, new life...

I have never ever been this thrilled about the Cheifs and their future...

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-26-2009, 01:26 AM
Just calling it how I see it... I was ashamed to be a Chiefs fan when Marty was here, embarrased by Carl time and time again... Herm lead us no where and DV Cried...

I am so thankful we are going to finally, FINALLY build something special. Clark, Pioli and Co have given this franchise whom spent 20 years in a coma, new life...

I have never ever been this thrilled about the Cheifs and their future...

I was never ashamed of Marty until the very end of his tenure. DV was a COMPLETE turn off, and Herm was...Herm.

That said, I see your point.

Reerun_KC
02-26-2009, 01:32 AM
I was never ashamed of Marty until the very end of his tenure. DV was a COMPLETE turn off, and Herm was...Herm.

That said, I see your point.

I started out liking Marty, but it didnt take very long to realize EVERYTHING that is said about him is true....

ChiefRon
02-26-2009, 01:41 AM
Face it, DCS, we've been bad.

What this offseason has given us is hope.

We're debating what should be done. They're debating what should be done.

We'll begin to see the new era in Chiefs history, and begin to find out how this new regime will approach FA.

Until that begins, it's all speculation and hope.

Reerun_KC
02-26-2009, 01:41 AM
Face it, DCS, we've been bad.

What this offseason has given us is hope.

We're debating what should be done. They're debating what should be done.

We'll begin to see the new era in Chiefs history, and begin to find out how this new regime will approach FA.

Until that begins, it's all speculation and hope.
This....

:clap:

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-26-2009, 01:48 AM
Jesus Christ; a guy does ONE Jenkins take, no one thus far get's it, and out come the apologists.

Thanks for ruining the vibe! :D

Quesadilla Joe
02-26-2009, 03:09 AM
Who is a SURE thing?

Aaron Curry, I would love to have him in Denver.

Quesadilla Joe
02-26-2009, 03:13 AM
Listen up you Donko sonofabitch, and you listen good!

The ONLY reason you're taking the field with McDaniels in 2009, is because that goddamned, white bread, fur-wearing Honky-Pimp owner of yours hit the panic-button when it became painfully clear that Scott Pioli was a real and snaggable candidate for Kansas City!

Oh yes! All that loyalty and support for ol' Rat Face McCheese-Eater went flyin' right out the mother****in' air-lock, so scared and impatient the overseer of your house was and is!
And he tried! Oh yes, he tried to lure Pioli to Denver. And do you know what Pioli said? He said, "Go outside, make a Rocky Mountain Snowball, and shove it right up your ass"!

Who the **** in their right mind would want to take over the Dungver Donkos with their head case, douchebag Quarterback?! Not Scott Pioli!

And seeing how Scott is the very best at what he does, he sent your owner a nice little Trojan Horse Appeasement Package in the form of McDaniels. Did I mention we know your shit now? Quite so.

You, the Chuckers, and the Jokeland Fakers each had a nice little run. That run is now over.

ROFL
McDaniels and Pioli only got their jobs because Belicheat cheated to win SB's. Both are very overrated.

I hated that we signed McDaniels, but he did run the highest scoring offense in NFL history without cheating. He also turned a career backup QB into a serviceable starter.

Frosty
02-26-2009, 08:31 AM
I will not accept that we should not Curry because he's an LB. That arguement is nuts. I bet the Steelers don't think taking Troy P in the first was nuts. Look at the way he impacts a game from the safety position.

:spock: The Steelers didn't pick Troy P at #3.

Who did the Steelers pick when they finally had a high pick?

Chiefnj2
02-26-2009, 09:13 AM
:spock: The Steelers didn't pick Troy P at #3.

Who did the Steelers pick when they finally had a high pick?

Plaxico Burress? I think he was their last top 10 pick.

Mecca
02-26-2009, 09:15 AM
The Steelers have used I believe counting who's currently on the roster 4 1st rounders on offense and 3 on defense.

And oddly their 3 highest drafted players are 2 WR's and a QB.

CrazyHorse
02-26-2009, 09:29 AM
ROFL
McDaniels and Pioli only got their jobs because Belicheat cheated to win SB's. Both are very overrated.

I hated that we signed McDaniels, but he did run the highest scoring offense in NFL history without cheating. He also turned a career backup QB into a serviceable starter.

I know you didn't say the only reason the Pats won a SB is because they cheated.

Isn't that the only reason the Broncos ever won a SB?

Quesadilla Joe
02-26-2009, 09:37 AM
I know you didn't say the only reason the Pats won a SB is because they cheated.

Isn't that the only reason the Broncos ever won a SB?

Putting off payments to save money to fund a new stadium is nowhere close to what NE did. Brady new exactly what the defense was running before the ball was snapped.:shake:

Just Passin' By
02-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Putting off payments to save money to fund a new stadium is nowhere close to what NE did. Brady new exactly what the defense was running before the ball was snapped.:shake:

You can't be this stupid. I refuse to believe it's humanly possible.

CrazyHorse
02-26-2009, 09:41 AM

The Pats fans make excuses too.

Do you believe them?

Me niether.

Quesadilla Joe
02-26-2009, 09:44 AM
The Pats fans make excuses too.

Do you believe them?

Me niether.

I'd figure someone with ANY intelligence could decide which one had an impact on the actual game and which one didn't.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-26-2009, 09:48 AM
I'd figure someone with ANY intelligence could decide which one had an impact on the actual game and which one didn't.

Pam teflon cooking spray much?

CrazyHorse
02-26-2009, 09:51 AM

Someone with intelligence understands that both have an impact on the game.

To think Bowlen would have chosen TD or Elway over a new stadium is silly.

If it didn't effect the outcome of being competetive there would be no rules against it. They weren't just fined once, but twice. They just kept going back to the well, cheating the cap, and it kept paying off.

You really shouldn't be pointing fingers. The Broncos are known cheaters by every fan base in the NFL except the Bronco fans. You have no right to point a righteous finger at anyone.

Both teams will go down in history as cheaters. It's what happens when you cheat.

doomy3
02-26-2009, 10:19 AM

Yeah, something like that. Here are number of AFC West Championships over the last 20 years. Clearly we have been dominated, and shouldn't even be allowed in the conference.

San Diego: 6
Denver: 5
Kansas City: 4
Oakland: 3
Seattle: 2

Wild Cards in last 20 years:

Kansas City: 5
Denver: 4
Oakland: 2
San Diego: 1

Mecca
02-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Guess which one of those teams never played in the Superbowl while all the others did.

King_Chief_Fan
02-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Yeah, something like that. Here are number of AFC West Championships over the last 20 years. Clearly we have been dominated, and shouldn't even be allowed in the conference.

San Diego: 6
Denver: 5
Kansas City: 4
Oakland: 3
Seattle: 2

Wild Cards in last 20 years:

Kansas City: 5
Denver: 4
Oakland: 2
San Diego: 1

Re_run............pwnd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doomy3
02-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Guess which one of those teams never played in the Superbowl while all the others did.

That wasn't what he said. He said we were kicked around in our division for the last 20 years.

chiefforlife
02-28-2009, 01:28 PM
It appears now that I freaking NAILED this. Just saying!

I LOVE IT!! Welcome to KC Mr. Cassel.

Lets go get Curry....

The Bad Guy
02-28-2009, 01:29 PM
I agree. I want Curry now.